Redwood RV 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (35)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Redwood RV 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dissatisfied Redwood owner from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Redwood RV Redwood 3901WB View Listings

We've owned our 2017 Redwood 3901wb since January 2017. We've been able to use it a total of 6 months. Has been in the RV dealership 3 times for a total of 1 year. I have been arguing with customer service/warranty since the day we took delivery. My 1st punchlist had 46 items...the 1st few days! Took in for warranty and they fixed 6 items. Redwood did not want to cover most items. My unit is the wine bar floor plan. Wine fridge doesn't work because Redwood engineers are too stupid to realize they need to vent the fridge...as you do all refrigerators. Other items include, paint overspray all over outside, shower not caulked, wood trim on ceiling crooked, crown molding falling off, doors look like a wood butcher installed it, bedroom closet rod mounted too close to door so if you hung clothes they stuck out and you couldn't close the door. Cabinet doors and drawers installed crooked, patio awning falling off, Thomas Payne theater seating worked 1 week total...never worked after it was supposedly fixed. Cable TV won't work...supposedly there's a splitter in the ceiling in the bedroom but no one can find it. Bathroom floor is lumpy. Fireplace wires and cords show...they refuse to fix this. I could go on forever. Biggest piece of junk RV we've ever owned. Stay away from Keystone/Redwood...I wish we had. Better yet, stay away from anything parent company Thor owns. We are going to get rid of this piece of junk if we ever see it again outside of the shop.
- Dissatisfied Redwood owner , Florida

2020-10-18 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

Incredible amount of storage for full time living. Pulled over 15,000 miles a year with minimal issues. Especially liked stopping power with Disc Brakes. Did not care for induction cooktop but loved residential refer. Automatic 50 amp cord reel is an outstanding feature.
- ronald_russell, Oklahoma

2020-10-11 2021 Redwood RV Redwood 3991 View Listings

I took delivery of this R/V 5th wheel in july of this year 2020. The first time I took it for a "shakedown" cruise was September. It can only be considered a disaster right off. The first time I opened the slide's of which four are hydraulic and one bedroom electric this brand new unit that was ordered with every conceivable option offered. Broke wood in four places!! Not at all what I expected. I traveled from a suburb of Philadelphia too New Hampshire. I stayed in the unit eight nights and left for a couple week's to go back home to tend to some personal issues. Upon returning in daylight the first thing I noticed was insulation laying atop the axel's. Apparently the island has leaks in the sink or dishwasher or both. My daughter who lives up that way came over to dinner at which time I pointed out the damage that ocured upon opening it. She was quick to point out the island base was also broken and cracked. Later on this three night visit before bringing this back home I opened the pass through which while where the water hose was fitted was dry however the storage had been flooding causing screws to "pop" loose as the wood is water logged and now rotted. Of the service centers (3) that were close by. Within 100 miles upon calling for help the first question asked by all is "did you buy it here". When making the decision to buy one of the most feel good things were that with over 500 service centers your never more than around the corner for service. This is a blatant lie as once they know you didn't buy from them it's "maybe next year we can get you in!!! 500 service centers turns out to be the one I bought it through and having paid for this in full R/V wholesalers made threats against my wellbeing and I had to call 911 both to get it out of there but to do so without being shot to death. I studyed for five years before deciding on the RedWood and after countless R/V shows made the choice to buy the RedWood. A decission I have already come to regret. The number of items wrong with this is far too much to list yet of those 500 service centers they are useless to the consumer. So much for that feel good to know about their being Johnny on the spot!!! I just have to add the following from an ironic sense of humor point of view. This company that makes eight brands in all miss labeled the black and two gray water tanks and the techincal support team has no idea which is which. Yup I doubt anyone of this crackerjack team have ever even been in what as a consumer was looking for help with!!! Not within an exception was this team capable of providing the most simpel answer having to do with any concern I had. Any question's I had. Nothing at all.!!! Honestly not only this group of kids but far worse the manufacturing devision could tell me what was black/gray of the three tanks as two were labeled black and one gray and all were WRONG!!!! how is this even possible?? There are common seense items such as where you opperate the front lift to aligne with the hitch your too far back to somuch as see where you are with respect to attaching the hitch. You must do this blind and in the dark!!! I mean holy (#@
- Alfred Dark, Pennsylvania

2020-09-28 2019 Redwood RV Redwood 3881ES View Listings

The manufacture of this brand taught luxury and the utmost attention to detail. The unit I purchased is so far below any sub-standard quality standard. The unit has been in the repair facility for 60 days with the last 30 days at the manufactures place. The tv is crooked the manufactures answer said will it is an RV. The leveling system has a known defect that the leveling systems bleeds of and snaps crackles and pop and I was told to go buy motorcycle fork oil. The slides need to be screened do to the lookout and see light. The wood quality is sub-par compared to a pop-up camper or 2 man tent. Shelly Zartman, with Keystone, is a customer service manager called a mobile repair service in January do to leveling system failure and said I would need to pay and I would be reimbursed. I sent the receipts via email in early February and the end of May had not been reimbursed I sent an email asking for the payment and received a response they were shut down March 23rd due to the COVD-19 crisis. I then received a check for less than I paid the repair service and found out she thought the fee was too high. The RV dealers charge $155.00 per the mobile service charges $158.00 an hour. I would avoid this brand at all costs. I was told by Shelly Zartman, will it is an RV and does go down the road at hurricane-force wind speed (so does my tow vehicle). Excuse after excuse and no solutions from a business in the RV industry. The unit had many pieces of missing trim incorrect leveling system operating stickers and on and on. My advice is I would avoid this brand at all costs until the quality is a priority to the manufacture. Until that happens its a 55 MPH as it looks good at 55 but not parked and you look at it.
- David Brice, Missouri

2020-09-15 2020 Redwood RV Redwood 2020RL View Listings

So glad we got this one very few problems the rv is almost perfect it’s the dealer that is the problem and as far as the manufactures warrantee it’s a joke thank god we bought the extended warrantee As for the rv kitchen is outstanding love the over sized oven and 4 burner cook top and lots of counter space so far nothing has fallen off while traveling as it did with our 2018 redwood 5th wheel the master bath on this one is amazing shower has plenty of pressure and I have waist length hair that is thick and it rinses it fine master closet it huge all in all I recommend this rv over any other I just love it
- Cynthia culwell, Texas

2020-08-12 2012 Redwood RV Redwood 36RE View Listings

Great RV for a full-time couple. This RV has all the anticipated amenities for staying in it full time. It pulls great, functions well, and has been a great unit all around. It provides comfort in many ways, comfortable to sit in, comfort in temperature, comfort in using it, and comfort to sleep in.
- John Gosford, Maryland

2020-07-21 2020 Redwood RV Redwood 2020RL View Listings

My Wife and I recently bought a new redwood 3901 from RVone in Ft. Myers Fl. Though the unit is a beautiful 5th wheel, the people we bought it from are an absolute horror who should never be able to represent the Thor name in any capacity. There were several things wrong with it before it ever left the lot. Their promises to repair these items were never performed until I wrote poor reviews and wrote to the better business bureau. And then only enough items were repaired to be able to report to the BBB. that they sent someone over. I can go over everything, but im tired and have a total loss of faith in the RV industry. I will not say "don't buy a redwood or Thor product". I will say be very very careful who you buy any kind of RV. From. DO your homework. Take your time. DO NOT take delivery until you are 100% certain everything is working. EVERYTHING!!!
- Chrwoll, Florida

2020-07-14 2012 Redwood RV Redwood RW36FL View Listings

This is not my first r.v but sure is the best built and luxurious. It is home at times not a weekly set up. Best quality and craftmanship and longevity. Have not had a problem in the few years i have owned and stayed at times of duration. Am buying a home so I have no need for this any longer this is the only reason I am wanting to sell. Beautiful on inside and out a must to see.
- Dawn bartlett, Oklahoma

2020-07-07 2012 Redwood RV Redwood 36RL View Listings

Our fifth wheel is a 2012 unit and we bought it used 3 years ago. Lived full time in this RV for 3 years in Ontario and Arizona, still do. Great floor layout. Lots of storage. Even has a coat closet by door. Don’t see that very often. No major maintenance problems during our tenure except had to replace Suburban water heater that sprung a leak. Dual 15,000 btu air conditioners keep us cool on the hottest days, even in AZ. Love the dual power fridge/freezer, built in dishwasher, large pantry and spacious interior. Love this more than the Newmar Mountainaire we originally bought and lived in for 4 years as full time RVrs.
- Rick Walker , Ontario

2020-05-29 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 39MB View Listings

I drove from Mississippi to St Augustine Florida to by this Redwood at a reduced price. Pulled it back to Mississippi and have been living in it for a week now. Just love it and so far everything seems to be working fine. Love the extra bathroom for my husband 😁 and the large and roomy shower 🚿. Thanks to the sellers for passing on a beautiful home 💝💝
- Matt Grant, Mississippi

2020-04-09 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

Great floor plan, quality molding and build quality. No major problems. Wiring issue with one bedroom light switch shorting out basement light fuse. Added a Magnum Energy MSH-3000 and 450ah battery bank. The axles are only 7k rated and the RV tops at 16k so the suspension is weak. Would recommend upgrading if you travel on bumpy roads as the wet bolts and brackets holding the axle to the frame can break off. Otherwise I enjoy living in it and having the load support feature of the Magnum inverter so I can hook up to a15amp plug and still run my ACs. Water freezes when below 20f, - even with heat on and a warm basement so not fully “4 season” out of the box. Would still recommend at a discounted price, not at 119k.
- Curt Haedke, Connecticut

2020-03-18 2019 Redwood RV Redwood 3901MB View Listings

This is the prettiest 5th wheel we have ever seen. It's gorgeous inside with high ceilings and plenty of room. It's too big for us but it's spectacular! King size bed, washer/dryer, dishwasher, all the bells and whistles you would ever want or need.
- Lori Kattner, North Carolina

2020-03-07 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

This is a product review about the Thor brand(s) Thor owns many brands including Crossroads, Keystone, Jayco, Starcraft, KZ and more. Our $127,000 MSRP Thor Redwood camper that first went into service 5-1-16 had several serious issues. The most recent that was just out of the warranty period and not covered was a $4,000 floor rot repair that they could not ascertain how it happened. They did cover the following during the warranty period, but did nothing for the inconvenience or the cost involved for travel or lodging. Asking them directly several times to answer this question, Neither the dealer or Thor industries would tell me “this many problems was rare or unacceptable.” -brakes on this 16,000 LB unit, failed 4 separate times. 3 of the times were shortly after I paid the dealer to inspect them. All recommended maintenance was done, mostly by their dealers -many different plumbing leaks/failures including raw sewage leaking into the underside wrap -tire sidewalls cracked after less than 2 years. Mfg. paid half. -4 separate slide out failures including motor replacement. -several pieces of trim fell off -shower floor cracked twice -toilet had to be replaced just out of warranty. -tank level sensors never worked -several door latches, window and shade hardware, wiring and lighting, etc., failed. Carpet had to be re-installed -We no longer feel confident to take this trailer anywhere due to the never ending problems.
- Randy Johnson, Georgia

2020-03-05 2012 Redwood RV Redwood 36RL View Listings

We have had our Redwood since it was new and have enjoyed it immensely! We've had a few issues, but we have always been able to work them out thru Redwood. We highly recommend Redwood and would definitely purchase one again!
- Chris & Marsha Baumann, Texas

2020-01-21 2016 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

This is a product review about a brand this dealer carries, not a Dealer review. Thor owns many brands including Keystone, Jayco, Starcraft, KZ and more. Our $127,000 MSRP Redwood camper that first went into service 5-1-16 had several serious issues. The most recent that was just out of the warranty period and not covered was a $4,000 floor rot repair that they could not ascertain how it happened. They did cover the following during the warranty period, but did nothing for the inconvenience or the cost involved for travel or lodging. Asking them directly several times to answer this question, Neither the dealer or Thor industries would tell me “this many problems was rare or unacceptable.” -brakes on this 16,000 LB unit, failed 4 separate times. 3 of the times were shortly after I paid dealer to inspect them. All recommended maintenance was done, mostly by their dealers -many different plumbing leaks/failures including raw sewage leaking into the underside wrap -tire sidewalls cracked after less than 2 years. Mfg. paid half. -4 separate slide out failures including motor replacement. -several pieces of trim fell off -shower floor cracked twice -toilet had to be replaced just out of warranty. -tank level sensors never worked -several door latches, window and shade hardware, wiring and lighting, etc., failed. Carpet had to be re-installed -We no longer feel confident to take this trailer anywhere due to the never ending problems.
- Randy Johnson, Florida

2020-01-04 2018 Redwood RV Redwood 3901MB View Listings

We love the floor plan but the quality of fit and finish is poor. Trim falling off, walls in mid bath pulling away from stud. Tiles falling off. Disgusting given the amount of money we paid. So disappointed.
- Larry Sloan, Arizona

2019-11-24 2018 Redwood RV Redwood 3401RL View Listings

We've owned this RV for a little over 2 years and have lived in it for most of that time. It's been the experience of a lifetime seeing America post retirement. Now we are settling in South Florida to take care of relatives. The RV, known to us as Mrs. Smith, has been a joy. It is spacious and wonderfully built. It's fun to show off. People come in and think it's spectacular. The giant TV, refrigerator and fireplace make it so homey. And then there's the king sized bed. That's bigger than the bed we had in our house. There's tons of storage. Three sources of heat and plenty of cooling power. We need to say goodbye to this girl and are not trying to make any money on her. Come get her and fall in love as we did.
- Michael Romaner, Florida

2019-09-17 2018 Redwood RV Redwood 3901MB View Listings

We bought this RV in Mesa, Arizona and imported it into Canada. Great floor plan and we really appreciate the second bathroom. Great when guests are visiting. Main bath is fantastic. Painted exterior finish is beautiful. Now for the deficiencies. The hide-a-bed couch is very poor - couch is uncomfortable and bed is worse. Quality of interior trim and finish is bad. Many strips have pulled away and Keystone's answer is to take it to a dealer. We like to use a mobile rv repairman as it is much more convenient, but Keystone doesn't want to acknowledge/pay for this service. Oven doesn't work properly and electric fireplace fan makes noise (of course warranty has expired). One Maxxair fan doesn't close when it rains. I have cleaned the rain sensor with alcohol but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. This is a beautiful RV but unfortunately the quality control is mediocre at best and many appliances don't work properly. So disappointing when you pay for what is touted as a luxury RV.
- Larry Sloan, British Columbia

2019-08-18 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38RL View Listings

Great RV for full time living. Lot of space and cabinets. High quality features throughout the rv. Top quality full body paint. Full size Residential refrigerator. Very simple way to live in this RV.
- Becky, Florida

2019-05-06 2016 Redwood RV Sequoia SQ38HRL View Listings

This is our first 5th wheel and we bought it new. We absolutely love it! We have had 0 problems which is a nice change from other RV's we've had. It is solid and well built. Truly 4 seasons. We survived a winter in northern Montana with no extra heating necessary. Opposing slides, one 14' long and the other 16' long, make a huge living space. It has lots of large windows and an extra large shower. The center island with a double bowl sink provides plentiful work space. Lots of storage inside and out. The automatic hydraulic jacks makes it easy to set.
- Deb Dudley, Colorado

2019-04-29 2016 Redwood RV Redwood 39MB View Listings

Bought new in Seguin, TX 2016. Beautiful unit. Only trouble has been I picked wine cellar rather than the middle bath, and it has never cooled properly. 2 heat pumps and 1 A/C keeps the climate perfect. Pulls like a dream behind my F350 Diesel Dually. Added 8KW Onan, and now we stay where we want. I saw some of the issues mentioned by others, and did have to reattach a few pieces of molding. None of the other complaints. We love it.
- Clyde "CJ" Monlezun, Louisiana

2019-03-26 2017 Redwood RV Redwood 3401RL View Listings

A total disaster - do not buy. The coach has been in the shop for repairs over 45% of the time. The maximum characters limit does not allow a full quantification, but here is a start; broken hitch, multiple leaks, slides that fail after multiple repairs, cracking fiberglass, leveling system with multiple failures, pump failure, hydraulic leaks, heating unit failure, improperly ducted HVAC, screws and trim falling off in the interior, ladder detaching, tv miswiring, cracked counter tops, floor delaminating and the list goes on. While repairs are being approved by Redwood nothing seems to be fixed properly and sub-components are always failing and ongoing. This is not a premium unit.
- Stephen Galloway, North Carolina

2019-03-19 2018 Redwood RV Redwood 3991 View Listings

We went to Arkansas from Evansville Indiana to get a brand new 3991 redwood thinking we were getting a great deal it was the last of the 2018s we have come to find out they no longer even have any redwoods and we were told that if we wanted to bring it all the way back to them they would work on it but told us the redwood warranty was extremely hard to work with. We have a punch list of over 50 different things the most serious is a axle that broke loose from the u-bolts on the drivers side destroying a tire damage to the electric wires for the brakes and damage to the hydraulic leg that the tire was turning on while going down a interstate when I realized there was something wrong we pulled off and called a roadside assistance they came out moved the axle back in place and got us 6 miles down the road where we have been stranded for two weeks because customers service told us not to move the trailer until they get a technician out to inspect the axle and replace the tire but after all this time they gave us a few numbers to call none of them will come to us it’s been a total nightmare the list of things goes on and on crown molding is falling off the ceiling oven door won’t shut electric recliner stopped working a few days after we got it and a window that leaks every time we get a hard rain this is still under the factory warranty. CAN’T GET ANY HELP
- Gary heck, Indiana

2019-03-13 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 36RL View Listings

The first day we got are 5th wheel the bottom fell out. The double slide out in bedroom has been worked on 3 times and still does not work right. Walls seperate latches fall apart. No bed in couch and at this price why not. Sink leaked and carpet under dinning room floor is always wet. Doors on closet fell off hard to keep on. Furniture is cheap and does not stand up use. There are more things wrong and has been in service 4 times a for months at a time. Dont buy
- Penelope sharpe, Washington

2019-02-23 2013 Redwood RV Redwood 38FB View Listings

Did a thorough PDI inspection on this unit for selling purposes. Unit is very clean and has been well taken care of. All appliances and seals are up to working order and properly working. All component points are in working order per inspection.
- Premier RV, Florida