Reviews on RV Insider (11,115)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our

2020-04-02 2018 Keystone Montana 3811MS View Listings

I'm so disgusted with this unit. Within the first year after purchasing this new unit, all interior doors were ruined. They wallpapered the doors - which looked nice when we bought it, but the glue let loose and the paper started falling off. Now a few months later, the paper in a couple other areas are coming loose. Two of the window shades also ended up on the floor. Keystone refuses to stand behind their product. Quality gets zero stars. Standing behind their product gets zero stars also. Beware!
- Faye , Minnesota

2020-04-02 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Bought this camper new after 5 months we found water under the refrigerator called the dealer and was told drain hose must be not set right. Brought it back to the dealer before the warranty was up and they zip tied the hose and said we should be good to go. They also stated there was water marks on the wood under the refrigerator. We were camping 9 months later and found a soft spot by the door. Contacted KZ (Venture) and was told it was our problem and fault. It turns out that the vent for the refrigerator was never sealed properly when it was built at the factory. This company is awful to work with. Instead of repairing the problem like a responsible company would they had us repair and pay for the repair ourselves. Beware of this company they got their money and we got all the heart aches. Stay away from their products.
- Beaterman, Kansas

2020-04-02 2019 Jayco White Hawk 31BH View Listings

This is are 4th rv out of all the company’s we owned this is the nicest and highest quality. No major issues that was nice always had issues with other makes.The only thing I don’t like is the ac Thermostat in bedroom is in the ceiling (Analog) switch’s cheep
- Matt brown, New York

2020-04-02 2020 Jayco Eagle 334RLOK View Listings

We upgraded from a 2016 Eagle HT 324BHTS. So we are very familiar with the Eagle models. We went with all the upgrades. Residential refrigerator, solar on roof, extra battery, washer/dryer combo, Onan 5500lp generator, auto leveling and sani con turbo dump. So far so good! We are pleased with the quality....still in the shakedown stage.
- Dr. DREAM , California

2020-04-01 2020 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 30BHS View Listings

This is a great resource to help us find an RV that you really want. Got phone real quick from campers Inn. Bam! Found our camper bought and picked up with a week. Campers Inn was awesome. Everyone there was very informative, knowledgeable . No sales pressure! Michael Graham is one hell of a salesperson ! EZ good man did our walk thru and education of camper. Took our 2000 class A camper, no hassle! Very very impressed. Thank you All!
- Laurie Blake, Florida

2020-04-01 2002 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 38K View Listings

This motorhome is both comfortable inside and powerful. It can accommodate, comfortably, a group of four. It has made both long and short trips without any serious mechanical or other functional issue. Occasional maintenance work and replacements have been needed during our ownership, but that has been the extent of the care required.
- Larry K, California

2020-04-01 2015 Palomino Real-Lite HS-1806 View Listings

Our truck camper has been great. It is well constructed and the layout works wonderfully. It has many features with tv hookup inside and out, am/fm radio with CD player, plus air conditioning which our last one did not. For a truck camper this unit has a lot of storage and we can easily fit all that we need to travel for a couple of weeks. Although it will not fit through the rock formations on Needles Highway in SD. It has an inside shower, but we really love the outdoor shower. My husband design a shower curtain for this area so it is more convenient to use. It has been a lot of fun. The only reason we are selling it is because we are recently retired and travel with our horses. We are looking for a horse trailer with a larger living area to spend winters in warmer weather.
- JoAnn Fink, Wisconsin

2020-03-31 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service is the best. they have serviced coach since new have always taken care of any problem. even after warranty. great company to work with. has been great coach always comfortable everything has met satisfaction.
- bc, Alabama

2020-03-31 2017 Forest River Vibe 268RKS View Listings

Bought the trailer new in 2017. The upholstery on the recliners has completely deteriorated...the dinette is beginning to deteriorate as well. The surface of the walls are wrinkling and coming off. The counter around the sink is blowing up and coming apart. Two tires exploded and damaged undercarriage. Already had to replace air conditioning unit. The camper looks nice and has a nice floor plan but is a real piece of crap as to quality of materials and craftsmanship. Can't get rid of it fast enough. new in 2017. Furni
- Gerald Smith, Florida

2020-03-31 2020 Forest River Surveyor 250FKS View Listings

I purchased the camper in Oct 2019 and picked it up in Nov. and transported it 50 miles to my home where It has been parked. While cleaning the exterior of the camper I notice rust covering the stairs at the back door and around the tongue. I took photos and sent them to Forest River. They will pay for 0.50, 30 minutes labor, to have the rust scrapped and painted. I Had 2018 Jayco that I camped every other weekend in for 3 years. When I turned it in on the Surveyor, because I liked the layout, it still looked brand new inside and out. It held up Beautifully. This rust issue to me screams of very poor quality and if the frame is made of the same rusting material as the stair and tongue, I am so screwed. RUN, RUN, RUN, from any Forest River product, and warn your fellow campers.
- Colleen Thurman, New York

2020-03-31 2016 Heartland North Trail 23RBS View Listings

Absolutely AMAZING! We researched RVs for 4 years prior to going full time. We wanted a well-built RV we could easily tow (and still have our tow vehicle to do sightseeing thus a motor home was a no go) that was high quality and which provided maximum livability. We lived full time in this North Trail and found it is exactly what we needed. The Double slide outs are hard to find and for this model, it makes the living and kitchen area HUGE. This RV is built for northern climates therefore the construction is solid (not like RV's with light" being their peimary benefit. with great insulation - Easy to keep heated and easy to keep cool summertime even if in the direct sunlight. It has plenty of storage as well! My wife was totally surprised at how easy it is to pull - you can forget its behind you when driving. If you can find one its worth a look.
- IslandChap, Virginia

2020-03-30 2019 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 23MK View Listings

Love floor plan, fire place is grate on 33° keeping my camper worm. Only think I replaced after my first night is mattress, because one was inside like concrete hard. Towing with Nissan Armada never noticed it. I have it for 15 months and spend time in Nashville TN 2020 winter and 2019 sumer on Florida, AC works grate. I'll say I was blessed with this one so far.
- MG, South Carolina

2020-03-30 2017 Forest River Georgetown 328TS View Listings

A great motorhome for long term stay! I have enjoyed this motorhome tremendously! 5 years motorhome snowbirds No problem pulling my jeep cherokee as if it was not there! No breakdowns no accidents Very easy to set up
- Mark Brook, Florida

2020-03-30 2019 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

After owning a 27’, Class A motorhome from Gerzeney’s ‘s for two years and loving the lifestyle traveling around the country we decided we needed some more space and storage. We had visited Gerzeney’s in Nakomis, Florida a month or so prior to going back, remembering Robbie, a sales person who suggested he would find us exactly what we wanted when we were ready. Well, we got ready. Robbie has such a great personality and is super knowledge of his products that he brought us right over to the RV we now purchased. We were very specific and adamant about the trade-in and our financing as we discussed the transaction with Kelly, Gerzeney’s Finance and Sales Support person. She searched and searched every avenue with persistence and patience until she found the right deal for us. Actually, the transaction became better than our original request. Thanks Kelly! So, if anyone out there is looking for a first time experience of RV-ing or wants an upgrade please, ask for “Robbie.” Don’t go anywhere else. You’ll have a great time and really fun experience.
- Chris B, Florida

2020-03-29 2016 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 180TH View Listings

After less than 8,000 miles there are large cracks in the frame rails near the suspension on the right and left rails. The welds on the leaf spring mounts are cracked on the left side and the right side. I don't trust it enough to use it again.
- Keith Busch , Colorado

2020-03-29 2017 Keystone Fuzion 422 Chrome View Listings

Overall satisfied, bedroom air didn't work repair leak in unit and recharged myself since I did hvac for a living. easier then taking back to dealer and have to pick up 200 mile round trip. Not a lot of counter area in kitchen,installed more shelves in cabinets and pantry, they are spaced out way to far apart. Had oil leak on leveling system, easy repair myself. Unit is suppose to have blizzard package, but in rear under garage area you can see above the under belly that seems to be open all the way to the front, was afraid to seal up opening because under belly is not water tight and dont want to trap moisture under floor. I dont know how floor is insulated could not see any insulation.
- Bud jacobi , Indiana

2020-03-29 2020 Jayco Precept 34G View Listings

After years of research and decisions, this last February 2020 my wife and I purchased a brand new 2020 Jayco Precept 34G (farmhouse, full body paint, washer/dryer, upgraded the rear 13.5 AC to 15k AC/HP, and added a Winegard Roadtrip T4 Satellite and Winegard C2 4G LTE WiFi. After doing all our research as well as reading many reviews of others' past experience with new RVs versus used in general, we expected to find "new RV issues" and "dealer/manufacturer support issues" to contend with as reported by others... However, this was NOT our experience. Our dealer, Vogt RV, DFW-Texas, was very helpful, responsive, and super easy to work with. We visited Vogt (and several others) over the past 2 years as we considered/debated whether to go Airstream, Class A, or Class B+/C, but we are so glad we went bigger and very happy we bought ours through Vogt. After our deposit, we spent roughly 10 cumulative hours prior to and on the day of our closing going through literally everything. We couldn't find anything wrong other than a few simple things (a cargo door adjustment, nav gps wire was not connected, a fog lamp wire hanging a bit low) - all of which was corrected on the spot. It felt, the less I could find, the closer I would look.... So, we closed without having to have a messy list of to-dos (and all our upgrades were done and inspected prior to the day of our closing). Then, after closing, we thought for sure we'd encounter something during any of our initial (three so far) shakedown weekend trips - but still nothing! Everything works perfectly and fit and finish are outstanding and solid. I am very picky but also realistic. We really love our new vacation home and feel that everything on this RV is very good. There is one thing that I think could be improved upon: I may add sound-deadening under the front structure/engine bay. The engine noise is a little louder during off-line acceleration, but it's not horrible and it quiets down nicely at cruising speed. I have to say that Jayco's team has done a fantastic job on the 2020 Precept 34G. From the older reviews (a few years old) to now, it's very clear that Jayco has listened and improved their build quality over the past several years and it really shows. We highly recommend this model for functionality, floor plan, quality (including the appliances), and esthetics. Jayco has really put a lot of thought and care into the design and build process for the Precept 34G and it shows! We feel very fortunate and perhaps a little lucky. My wife and I are looking forward to many years of fun touring around the country, vacationing with our kids and grandkids, and meeting others from across the US. Be safe and happy motoring.
- Ed Higgins, Texas

2020-03-29 2018 CrossRoads Cruiser Aire 28RD View Listings

My 2018 cruiser aire 28rd, seems to have to have the wrong pin on the 5th wheel. The problem is I can’t back up to the trailer with my tailgate down, I have to almost pin up to the trailer, then put the tailgate up then pin up. Manufacturer says the design is proper but I have never seen this before. My truck is a 2019 f350 with the prep package and I have a 24k curt slider 5th wheel setup. It seems like nobody wants to fix the problem, I guess I should have looked over the trailer before I bought it.
- Brock, Alberta

2020-03-29 2017 Keystone Montana 381TH View Listings

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!(Because the maintenance could be enough to consider your RV salvage) These trailers are giving people MAJOR problems. I recently purchased mine and to temporarily live in. Though its spacious and has a nice floor plan, the components used are beyond unreliable. The products that come installed are cheap, and you can tell that the manufacturer only cares about initial quality. All problems that happened to me happened within 4 months. First the fridge cut out. After having a guy come look at it, he saw freon stains under the fridge on the floor. The fridge cannot be repaired for less than the cost of the fridge itself. Then the slide-out for the garage gets stuck, for multiple reasons. One is that it fails to slide up straight, causing it to get caught and stop. And another is that the motors are not strong enough, and you have to lessen the load by lifting the section at the same time as the motors. BOTH air conditioners have gone out for 2 different reasons a month apart. The bigger AC leaked freon, requiring the entire unit to be replaced. And the second unit just stopped turning on all together. The walls are also showing signs of delamination, the lights with motion sensors stop working, and the septic fill sensors become unreliable. Something caused a propane leak which, had I not gotten home early, would have killed my dog. On paper, it's a nice design, but within 4 months, you can be out over $10,000.
- Bryce Wilkins, Texas

2020-03-28 2019 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8328BS View Listings

Very dissapointed in the quality. Every plumbing connection leaked Underbelly at rear has fallen off at the rear Lots of small trim and covers falling off Shower not lined up correctly with base Cannot reach Forest River for support If Forest River could reach out to me would be appreciated, maybe they would like to stand by their product and get some dealer to do the work Otherwise it is a nice layout and very comfortable to stay in on longer trips down south Previously had another forest River product but they eventually came through and fixed my unit. I am waiting for a call ..........
- Tony Surian, Alberta

2020-03-28 2019 Dynamax Isata 5 30FW View Listings

This RV is fun to drive. It handles like a big car and is very comfortable to drive. It is not so big that it is hard to park (it almost parks itself)but is big enough to feel like you are at home. The build quality is second to none and the paint is a thing of beauty.
- Rob, Florida

2020-03-28 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 195RB Baja View Listings

With in hours of leaving the dealership and a city away I found out that I was not able to turn any of my 12v lighting on. Everything work earlier but not now. Next day went to the dealership, turns out it was a missing reverse polarity fuse. In addition to the fuse the fuse holder was all bent to hell and had to be reformed. Within my first week the shelving above the queen bed broke losse and I had to put screws through it. Trailer didn't even come with proper LP bracket or storage, which in turn lead to the thin angle iron they used was shearing away and expected me to secure it with a pice of all-thread running through the angle and the LP tank on the bottom. The dinnet next was to fall apart along with the closet door frame ripping from the wall. The toilet wasn't properly set and sealed leading to water damage along with a poor choice of kitchen faucet making it difficult to fill anything or even to do dishes. All led lighting interior but two left a black scorching on the ceiling and shortly after broke completely. I was always burning LP quickly due to a lack of insulation it later turned out when I decided to remove on of the wall panels. They either didn't put any insulation in one fire break or just half assed it by leaving three inches and sometimes five inches of empty space all around with minimal batting. They used to heavy of wood for the counters, table, armrest for the bed, and even heavier for the doors. Jayco couldn't even make a pricise hole for the pipes. The trailer looked nice to start off especially for a newby. But I wouldn't recommend Jayco to anybody with extreme prejudiced. F.Y.I all this within the first two years. They say #1top selling. Selling what, a bunch of CRAPPY Amish built bullshit. Buy American made but not Amish, they just don't make the mark.
- baha-80, California

2020-03-27 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Floor plan with bunk house in back. Really like it for what we need which is people sleeping with some kids. Kitchen and main room is great. Would rather have recliners than sofa but we wanted the extra fold out bed so sacrifice. Less kids will mean adding recliners. Bathroom has been great. Main bedroom is great really. Bed isn’t perfect but they never are. Outside kitchen gets more use than expected. Number 1 negative comment is piss poor outside storage. One through compartment with small door on drivers side. Very difficult to use that side so most goes in and out from passenger side. Cosmetic problems several but not serious. It’s heavy to pull IMO. Tougher than expected. Half ton isn’t enough if much distance. All mechanical has had no issues after two years of summer and winter camping.
- Paul M, Kansas

2020-03-27 2008 American Coach American Tradition 40Z View Listings

A really comfortable RV to stay in with excellent driving and towing.Beautiful coach, Woodwork and cabinets are awesome. Very well built coach.The best made RV in the industry - American Coach.
- John , California

2020-03-26 2011 Itasca Suncruiser 35P View Listings

This Motorhome is a breeze to drive. The floor plan with the opposing slides give you more room then you would expect. The storage space is more then ample. The leather seats for both the cabin seats and the couch is very very soft and relaxing. This would be a great motorhome for full timing or long trips. Most of our trips were only a couple to weeks to a month at a time and we never felt like we needed to get home.
- Tim, Kentucky