Reviews on RV Insider (12,966)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randy Pollock from Texas says:

After much research, we decided to purchase a 2017 Rpod 179 from a dealer in Mesquite, Texas. Although the dealer is approximately 300 miles from our

2020-09-18 2020 Dutchmen Coleman Light 2715RL View Listings

My wife and I love everything about this RV, except that our truck is a bit too small to comfortably tow it across country. So we were faced with a choice of either buying a bigger truck (too expensive) or selling this brand new RV and purchasing a smaller one: about 2,000 or more less in weight and seven or more less feet in length. The RV feels solid, is great to travel with, and has everything one needs to be comfortable.
- William H, Texas

2020-09-18 2013 Coleman Explorer 268RK View Listings

Our family bought our Coleman trailer from Manteca Trailers in California. Avoid those guys. Within a month the floor started to peel up and we took it to Camping World in Vacaville - they are worth doing business with certainly. Yes - Dutchmen took forever to approve the fix and the trailer was with Camping World for 4 months, but it was done and done correctly. Since that only repair I have been very happy with it. No problems with any of the electronics, appliances, or anything else. Everything works just like it should. Maybe I should knock on wood given these reviews. We have been out in the unit perhaps 20 times and it's all good.
- Stephen Anderson, California

2020-09-18 2016 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

Update: Mercedes Benz totally rapes it's customers on service work. The two times I took it if for service cost me $1600 and $1200. BOTH times I had problems created by sloppy workmanship. Once the mechanic spilled diesel over the engine, we thought it was on fire after leaving the dealership. The second time it just stopped running after leaving the dealership. The mechanic had left off a hose clamp to the fuel line at the fuel filter. This was two different dealerships 150 miles apart. Guess this is the Mercedes way. Mercedes Benz will never service my vehicle again!! Winnebago dropped the ball on a faulty water pump. The dealer took care of the repairs. The floor has since gone soft (possibly from the leaky water pump?) and Winnebago refused to assist in any way. In my earlier post I mentioned the three regulators on the propane tank, Winnebago finally sent me the correct regulator (the one I kept telling the dealers that Winnebago recommended) and I installed it myself, uncovering two errors made by one dealer or the other in past installations. What does it take to get a quality vehicle and a manufacturer that will stand behind it's product?
- Phil Elgin, Tennessee

2020-09-18 2018 Forest River Salem Hemisphere Hyper-Lyte 29RLSHL View Listings

Fresh water tank fell out of trailer from under belly and won't fix ! Worst trailer company ever dealt with in my life. Forest river Junk ! ,,....................................................................................................................................................................
- Jay, Alberta

2020-09-18 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

Great Family RV. Lots of space and storage. Layout is spacious. Double bunks are spacious for young and old. Bathroom vanity outside of bathroom making it usable when bath is occupied. Solid floor unlike other units I've been in that feel spongy. Tows great!
- Steve Karakula, Michigan

2020-09-18 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375RES View Listings

We love the layout of this RV, it's easy to maintain and gorgeous to see coming down the road. Keeping the outside clean is the key to it's beauty and like anything else, you take care of it and do the yearly maintenance on it, the rig will not fail you. We get compliments on it all the time and it is affordable.
- Dawn, Florida

2020-09-18 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 335RLP View Listings

After researching for several years, we selected the VanLeigh Pinecrest because it had the floorplan the worked for us. Very roomy with opposing slides, a very large shower, and residential size king bed and refrigerator. You can see and feel the quality difference when you walk in the unit. All of the cabinets have solid wood doors, no glued together saw dust. The light and bright interior is a plus. Everything works as advertised and we have had no service issues. The VanLeigh company's reputation for quality and service were important also.
- Diane Smitherman, North Carolina

2020-09-18 2013 Pleasure-Way Pursuit 22 View Listings

I'm the original owner of this exact RV. It's a great little motor home. I had many wonderful camping experiences in it, sometimes alone, sometimes with family. Only sold because my new husband bought a larger motorhome for us.
- Terri Netter, California

2020-09-18 2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3722 View Listings

Very poor workmanship , the rear slide out walls on both sides are oblong where the slides go in , which means the cutouts are not square . went to other dealers and noticed other models had the same problem no matter what the model . my fibreglass roof has dips in it and when it rains I have 7 water puddles , sooner or later will leak in the coach .the roof has bulging areas which means the one piece roof is not the proper size on my unit . BUYERS CHECK THESE ITEMS BEFORE YOU BUY .
- Peter Lylick, Alberta

2020-09-18 2019 Prime Time Tracer 260KS View Listings

Was very excited to buy this travel trailer. It was a good floor plan for me and my wife. light enough to pull with my 1500 and a nice big king size bed. I put an upgraded mattress in it and and off we went for our adventure. Now here I am a year and a half later regretting I ever heard the name Forest River or Prime Time. Lousy quality and even worse customer service. The refrigerator hasn’t worked correctly since the first trip. Doesn’t get cold enough for things like ice cream and has to be defrosted at least once every two weeks. The fridge door seal lets in moisture but the manufacturer said it’s “within normal operating specifications”. AC thermostat went out two months after we bought it and the heater only comes on about half the time. Have to reset it several times for it to ignite and lord help you if it shuts off in the middle of the night. The cabinets are the worst quality particle board I’ve ever seen with some wood grain pattern laminate that peels off if you even attempt to clean them. Of course they deny the warranty claim because that’s considered water damage. The FM radio wouldn’t turn off when you tried to turn it to the auxiliary input and just played over the other input. Again the answer was, “that’s just how that radio works”. Really? How do you explain that? I had to replace the radio myself and guess what, the new one doesn’t play over the auxiliary input. The material on the loveseat console tore and even though we paid for the additional warranty for that specific item the claim was again denied. I’ve had sink faucets come loose, cabinet handles fall off, the clothes rod in the closet fall down, the valence above the window fall off, the straps holding the loveseat in place pull out of the wall and the loveseat came loose causing damage to the floor, and most recently I stepped in the shower to find a big crack right across the shower floor! I’m done. This piece of junk has to go. Every single warranty claim has been denied and I’m tired of fixing the damn thing. This is the last Forest River product I’ll ever buy and I recommend anyone else that’s looking avoid them at all costs.
- Michael Corey, North Carolina

2020-09-18 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Vacationer brand new in 2018. I thought this motorhome would be the only one for us. Since we purchased it we have had issue after issue. It was in the shop for weeks right after we purchased it. Finally we got it back and then a recall which we can’t seem to get fixed by the dealership. Our satellite is hit or miss, and we can’t figure out how the whole entertainment system works and neither can the dealership. The pump in our bathroom might work or it might not. The speakers on the outside entertainment center are not working properly. I wish I had my time to do this one over. I always thought Holiday Rambler was high end but I guess I was mistaken.
- Elaine Chaffin, Tennessee

2020-09-17 2012 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 28A View Listings

We have enjoyed our RV very much. We have never taken pets or kids in it. Just 2 quiet non smokers that are very clean.we have gone around the Olympics. We have taken it Easy of the mountains. Also the Oregon Coast to Lincoln City. We only want to go bigger other than that it has been a great RV.
- Roxanne Armstrong, Washington

2020-09-17 2006 Damon Astoria 3595 View Listings

We bought the RV to see if we would like to travel in a RV and set up for a few weeks at a time. Turns out we love it. There is only the wife and I and occasionally the grandkid. It sleeps five comfortably. It has a super slide and levels easily with the auto levelers. The unit has two TVs (front and rear bedroom). I replaced the RV queen mattress with a REGFULAR size queen--got tired of my feet hanging out at the bottom. I bought an extended warranty and if you read the number of new parts--it was well worth the extra money. We are looking to upgrade to a newer, NOT brand new unit with 3 slides or 4. I am retiring again and we will travel more. We did NOT smoke or live in the RV. It did come in handy when we lost electricity at our house for an extended period due to severe storms. I have always kept it under cover or inside when not in use. All the maitenance records are available from CRABTREE RV and Levis Diesel since I have owned this unit.
- Ken Goodleaf, Arkansas

2020-09-17 2017 Forest River Forester MBS 2400WS View Listings

This drives like a dream. It is quiet powerful diesel. The side and back up cameras make it easy to park and change lanes. There is spacious room when full side slide is not open. When the slide is open it is a comfortable room. A full bathroom is a a great attribute. A Microwave, stove top ,Cable TV/Stereo(inside), and speakers outside make it a home a way from home. The low mileage (28,000) says this Mercedes Benz Diesel V6 motor and chassis are going to be around for a long. The Onan propane generator says that you can camp any where. You will be very pleased to own this RV and not pay for the original price. This is a great deal, and a lot of happy/fun memories, are to be made.
- Lynn A. Hayward, Florida

2020-09-17 2018 Palomino Columbus 38FK View Listings

Absolutely the worst quality of craftsmanship. Floor does not have enough nails or screws, the floor is soft and lifting everywhere, the electrical has had so many shorts taking out a few plugs at a time. Window covering frames are in square, some are up to an inch off. Surround sound that came with unit is junk. The convection/ microwave lasted 2 months, probably because of electrical. Water leaks under sink and bathroom, their has been so many things wrong it sucks how bad this 5th wheel is. Warranty is worthless. Buy a different camping trailer , forest river is pure junk.
- Victor, New Mexico

2020-09-17 2014 Keystone Retreat 39FKSS View Listings

Since owning the rev, we had leakage issues. Over the years we have been able to repair them, until now. We found a few soft spots in the kitchen and living room areas. Got an estimate of $8000 to have it removed from site and opened up to check for damage and start the repair. Insurance said they don’t cover this type of problem. Keystone said we’re out of warranty. So we decided to open it up and boy did this make us sick to our stomachs. The amount of damage and rot is horrendous. We were able to pinpoint the main leak from the side slide window in the living room. That area has rotted under the back wall to the bathroom. The carpet, tile, subfloor, insulation, lower wood supports, all trashed. To fix this properly, the whole bathroom, shower will have to be disassembled. We are pretty sure that the issue started in the 7 months that it sat on the rv lot waiting to be sold. When we purchased it and had it put on our site, the 1st rain water poured in through the window. The dealer came out and fixed it, which the next rain, it still leaked. So my husband recaulked it. We are pretty sure that the slide end leaks have added to this issue, but the amount of damage has taken years to happen. So now what? We are paying $800 a month for an rv we can’t enjoy. I don’t know if it is even cost effective to repair. I do know this, keystone better be ready for me. Anyone else wanting to be reimbursed for their hunk of crap, please join me.
- Debbie kirby, Maryland

2020-09-17 2011 Lance Longbed 950S View Listings

This is the one and only truck camper I have owned. Prior to this rig, I owned 3 travel trailers...like most owners each one bigger and better than the previous. The Lance camper is by far the best built and most reliable. I had one electrical issue...trailer lights. This ended up being an issue with my truck fuse box combined with the plug extension on the super truss receiver extension. The only knock I have is that the generator is not large enough to run the microwave and air conditioner at the same time. This is minor as my previous 3 had the same issue until I upgraded and ran two Honda EU Generators simultaneously. It is of the age when all the vents should be changed. That was on my list for the upcoming year, but I won't be able to get that done prior to selling. I had the power jacks and the electrical system gone though prior to listing by PC Mechanical in Santa Maria. This camper was used for both horse shows and Motorcycle trips...probably about 15 to 18 times a year. The previous owner had taken it on the Great Alaska Highway...there are stickers on the back. It has seen plenty of desert time as well.
- Derek Hansen, California

2020-09-17 2020 Starcraft Mossy Oak 27RLI View Listings

This is a great travel trailer! For what you pay, this has everything you need. Large kitchen area, which was a must, as I like to cook and the oven bakes beautifully... just put the rack up high. Perfect for couples, as this model has a queen bedroom in front. Rear living room has pull-out sofa. We have pets and they have plenty of room. Tons of storage, big windows, good quality, nice finishes and service has been excellent! It tows beautifully and we towed it all the way from Arizona to Maine. We ran into heavy rain/wind storm in the Mid-West and the underbelly was heavily soaked and peeled back, so we had to remove it in part. It's covered under warranty and made better than new. Holding tanks store a lot and empty easily. The only things I dislike are; the water pump is a little noisy (but that's how it is), the queen mattress is flimsy, so we added a better one as we are full-time camping. And we had to put up a heat-deflector on the side of the stove where the wall is, as it got very hot from cooking. Love the countertops - very durable, but the sink is plastic (as it should be) and accidentally melted a little area from hot pan. Love this trailer and blessed that it is so perfect for us as we build a house, we're staying in it. Unfortunately, we'll have to sell it (probably 7/2021) when the house is finished, as we won't be needing it, so if you want to buy it, email us and we'll send photos. Skowhegan area, Maine dnclewley@q.com
- David Clewley, Maine

2020-09-17 2010 Jayco Melbourne 29D View Listings

We purchased this RV in 2012 from the original owner, never smoked in. We previously had a 38ft with 2 slides but since we were down sizing held out for a 3 slide coach. We are glad we did. The 3rd slide makes all the difference on livability. The quality of the Melbourne is much better than the cheaper coaches, the Ford V10 has plenty of horses and is called bullet proof by the reviews.
- jack.ingle@yahoo.com, Virginia

2020-09-16 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38PST View Listings

It is a well built MH with features that are still in new luxury units, like diesel engine but no DEF needed. 7.5 Kw Onan genset. 100 gallons of water and large holding tanks. Heat pump, microwave convection oven, hydraulic jacks etc. It is simpler than new units. No Def, guages that are guages and not a video screen, lots of windows that open and allow natural ventilation along with window awnings over all side windows. The electronics are still simple to use and fix. Gas/electric frig and water heater making it great for dry camping. Wide hallways when pushed in and you can still cook and do anything camping in a parking lot that you can do pushed out in campground except plugging in, but with the windows open and 4 batteries or running the furnace over night you will do fine without plugging in. It is easy to update with LED lighting and HD compatible satellite domes. Meanwhile the aluminum exterior is incredible for its longevity. Woodwork is also great. It is just one of those old goodies.
- Bob, Minnesota

2020-09-16 2018 Renegade Verona 40VBH View Listings

Best RV ive ever owned, and ive had several, from class b to class A diesel pushers. 22ft to 45ft, the freightliner chassis is the best, and the super c the best for drivability, ease of service, towing, all a . diesel pushers are nice, many folks like the fact you dont hear the engine,being in the rear makes them tail happy, usually requiring a tag axle, another set of tires to replace.the Renegades have gone to great detail to keep the front engine quite, but the real advantage is, it drives like a picup truck, you can get to the engine easily for service and are not limited to chassis specific repair places, any truck stop will have most drivetrain parts for it, not to mention the Cummins engines are one of the best in the rv world.
- Gregg, Arizona

2020-09-16 2017 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS View Listings

We bought our 24.3 new in 2017 and we love it The slide gives lots of room in living area and with the bedroom and bathroom at either end was perfect for us and tows super with a 2011 dodge 1500 with no problem We have had them all from a 37 ft one slide motor home to a 37 ft three slide fully loaded high end fifth wheel But we love our Catalina easy to pull easy to back in and being seniors lots of room for two or more if needed Also seating at the table is quite roomy Shower has lots of room and we love the fireplace with many setting I would recommend this trailer to anyone But with saying that a RV is as good as you look after it seasonal maintenance and checking roof and sealing seams on any rv is a must
- Deen Aveyard, British Columbia

2020-09-16 2000 Country Coach Allure Deschutes View Listings

This coach has served us well. The only discouraging factor is that the company has closed. It is now serviced by Winnabago. It has so much storage inside and in bays. Love the bathroom as the shower is separate. Comfortable for women to drive. Most of our driving was on interstate.
- Linda Fenton, Vermont

2020-09-16 2017 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3029W View Listings

It was great I really loved the openness of the floor plan. The bedroom was my favorite feature giving plenty room to store whatever we needed from clothes to cleaning supplies. Overall it was a wonderful addition.
- Roslyn Gleason, Texas

2020-09-16 2008 Keystone Challenger 35CKQ View Listings

We love the layout of this camper. There is plenty of room in the bedroom and living room and kitchen areas. The big, 4 door refrigerator is great and kitchen has a nice pantry cupboard. We also liked the fact that the toilet is in it's own room and there is a full size shower. Lots and lots of storage space, both inside and out. We also like the neutral colors.
- Mary Beth, Pennsylvania