Prime Time Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (148)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Cav from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our little camper for 4 weeks, now normally we understand new campers have bugs that need to work out and they will spend their fair share in the shop at first, however with this camper the flaws are pretty major. The siding what not installed correctly and literally starting coming off the coach at a mear 60mph on our way home from a trip, to our surprise it was actually due to it not being installed all the way into its channel during installation, our graphics are already bubbling and coming off, the grey and black tank valves broke from the inside and now we can't drain them. Along with the furnace will not stay on the the microwave lasted 1 day. Ladies and gents - we only owned this camper for 4 weeks and camped in it a total of 4 days. Not to mention it is stored in a climate controlled warehouse... I am awaiting to hear from prime time as to how they are going to handle this lemon I'll keep you posted.
- M Cav, Florida

2020-10-08 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I have a 2018 avenger, the worst rv ever made, since new it has needed a new AC, refrigerator and inverter. Now it needs $5000 in roof and molding repair. BEWARE!!!! Do not buy anything from this company, not even a tee shirt, it would fall apart.
- Dano Devine, Florida

2020-09-27 2020 Prime Time LaCrosse 3370MB View Listings

I have a 2020 Primetime 3370mb that we bought 3 months ago. We have made two trips in it and so far no problems. I did have to seal up some holes where the roof meets the front cap the first time I climbed on the roof when I got it home . Should not have had to do that since it is a brand new camper . This is our 3ed camper and so far we are happy with it.
- Walt H, South Carolina

2020-09-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Bought in July 2019. Used a weekend in August and September 2019. Used another weekend in June 2020. Getting ready for weekend in October Upstate NY.. Gonna be cold. I turned on heat. NO HEAT. Full gas tanks. Worked on day of walk thru when bought. Have not needed to use til now, Doesn't work. I'm told only had 1 year warranty. This is BS. Totally ridiculous
- John M., New Jersey

2020-09-18 2019 Prime Time Tracer 260KS View Listings

Was very excited to buy this travel trailer. It was a good floor plan for me and my wife. light enough to pull with my 1500 and a nice big king size bed. I put an upgraded mattress in it and and off we went for our adventure. Now here I am a year and a half later regretting I ever heard the name Forest River or Prime Time. Lousy quality and even worse customer service. The refrigerator hasn’t worked correctly since the first trip. Doesn’t get cold enough for things like ice cream and has to be defrosted at least once every two weeks. The fridge door seal lets in moisture but the manufacturer said it’s “within normal operating specifications”. AC thermostat went out two months after we bought it and the heater only comes on about half the time. Have to reset it several times for it to ignite and lord help you if it shuts off in the middle of the night. The cabinets are the worst quality particle board I’ve ever seen with some wood grain pattern laminate that peels off if you even attempt to clean them. Of course they deny the warranty claim because that’s considered water damage. The FM radio wouldn’t turn off when you tried to turn it to the auxiliary input and just played over the other input. Again the answer was, “that’s just how that radio works”. Really? How do you explain that? I had to replace the radio myself and guess what, the new one doesn’t play over the auxiliary input. The material on the loveseat console tore and even though we paid for the additional warranty for that specific item the claim was again denied. I’ve had sink faucets come loose, cabinet handles fall off, the clothes rod in the closet fall down, the valence above the window fall off, the straps holding the loveseat in place pull out of the wall and the loveseat came loose causing damage to the floor, and most recently I stepped in the shower to find a big crack right across the shower floor! I’m done. This piece of junk has to go. Every single warranty claim has been denied and I’m tired of fixing the damn thing. This is the last Forest River product I’ll ever buy and I recommend anyone else that’s looking avoid them at all costs.
- Michael Corey, North Carolina

2020-09-12 2019 Prime Time Navi 16FQ View Listings

This is our 2nd season with the Navi 16FQ. We've had no major issues. Love the layout and features: walkaround bed, good storage, counter space, shower, and skylight. Build seems to be good quality. Nice size tanks (gray, black, fresh) for a camper this size, price range and < 3,000 lbs.
- Happy Camper Couple, Virginia

2020-09-02 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

Bought new Forest River Prime Time Avenger 27RBS. Day 1 front running lights fell off. Month 1 first time we took it out entire slide out had been leaking and ruined everything on the slide out. Took it and had it repaired good for 2 months and slide out had leaked again by the 2nd time we took it out. Raised the antenna 2nd time out and had just bought a new foam mattress a month before and the antenna leaked all over the floor and mattress. Ruined mattress and bubbled up the floor. Found out when we took it back for repairs that the antenna was not covered under warranty b/c it was considered a roof leak. Also found out the antenna is only screwed to and mounted to roof membrane not to a solid surface Under roof membrane. 3rd time we took it out master bedroom window leaked all over floor and bubbled the floor up even more. Dealer fixed the window leak but not the floor from water damage. Said floor was not covered under warranty and to much work involved that FR would not pay for repairs. We also found out that the camper would probably continue to leak b/c FR spaced the studs to far apart and that the structural integrity was in dealer quote. The dealer told us the Avenger was just junk and that they stopped selling it until FR fixed the faults of the Avenger. The dealer has been great to work with and we understand they can't be held responsible for all of FR screwups. Called FR and they basically said not their problem at this point we had already owned it past what the warranty would cover. But it seems like to me the warranty was only for 2 or 3 months b/c after that time everything that happened wasn't covered. Now we are sitting here with a piece of leaking junk or floors that want to cave in. It seems like FR would want to make a decent product for happy customers but once to purchase an rv they give 2 flying flips about the customer. If we ever decide to purchase another rv it will not be a FR product.
- Wesley Hall, Georgia

2020-08-13 2017 Prime Time Fury 2910 View Listings

I have owned 6 travel trailers in the last 20 years, and I have to say, I love my Primetime Fury 2910! It is my first toy-hauler and I looked at a lot of trailers before deciding on this one. For the size the floor plan is great! I love that I can use it as a toy hauler, but if I just want to travel with my wife, and we decide to camp, it offers the comfort of a travel-focused trailer. The 2 fully reclining theatre seats are as comfortable as my recliner at home! It is not set up for winter camping, and it is not set up to live in full-time. It is a short-term use trailer. I rate overall quality 5/5. This is based on the quality for the price. I have owned rigs with higher quality components, but they cost more money. This rig has a lot of great high-quality features. I love the ducted heating and air, and the huge amount of interior storage space! For a toy-hauler, it is a lot of storage. The 10-foot garage is enough space for a two-seater side by side and will fit a couple of 4 seater models. I can easily fit 4 motorcycles if I don't take the side-by-side. Its dry weight is light at just under 7,300 lbs, but it's GVWR is just under 10,000 lbs, so if you have a side by side, full fresh water tank (61 gallons), a full fuel storage tank (30 gallons) and all of your gear, if you aren't careful, you could exceed the 2,400 lb cargo carrying capacity. The quality of the convertible couches in the garage is nice. They are comfortable to sit on and convert, easily to a queen-size bed, and can be stored vertically on the wall or when it is converted to a bed it can be raised to the ceiling. I love the pull-down screen on the garage entrance and that it has a trailer and a garage man-door entrance. My only complaint is there is no designated storage for the massive 50 amp power cord or the sewer hose. Also, it only comes with 1 battery and 2 20lb propane tanks. The rack on the tongue will not fit a second battery without modification. I cut the rack off, moved it about 4 inches forward, and added a piece of angle iron to accommodate a second battery, and I upgraded the propane tanks to 2 30lb tanks. I like to dry-camp for extended periods, and I don't want to worry about propane or battery power, and I don't want to run my generator constantly. My unit did not come with a generator, but it is set-up for one. I used that space for storage and since I moved the tongue rack forward, I am able to fit my 3800-watt generator, easily on the storage rack. Specs show an overall length of 34.5 feet (414 inches), however, I keep mine in a garage with 35 feet (420 inches) of available storage length and with this trailer touching the back wall I am only 2 inches from the closed door, which makes its actual length 418 inches. It's a tight fit. Overall, after taking this rig on a few outings, I am very happy, and since it was so much more affordable than other travel trailers with similar layout and the fact that it has good overall material, construction and the fact that it also has an aluminum frame, I am very happy. I don't see myself upgrading until I need more garage space.
- Chad Probasco, Utah

2020-08-12 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

My trailer listed for about 42000 bucks and I was a first time buyer but I am a last time buyer of anything made by this company this thing is a piece of junk from heating problems leaks all over electrical issues ac issues awning issues etc for that kind of money the craftsmanship on this unit is terrible if I were you I would stay away from this company
- Kevin d Horton , New York

2020-08-02 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

Air conditioner is underpowered for the size of the camper. Runs constantly and loud. Used the camper for one full season in 2016. Only used a few weekends the next 3 years. Brought up for seasonal this summer and a 4 x 6 piece of the side of the camper blew off going down the road! Ripped right off! Called company, no warranty coverage, no insurance coverage. I believe this is definitely a defect. Also, we have inside hard spots developing on the walls through the wallboard. Service is terrible once they make a sale. Any others have these issues? Any recommendations?
- Louann Tetrault, New York

2020-07-29 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

I am extremely disappointed with Holiday world I’ll get right to it they promise you the world until you take possession of the camper and then they could care less about your needs the person that answered the phone was rude and short tempered the problem is I can’t figure out the refrigerator for propane and the ac comes on when ever it wants ( operator error probably) however the lack of customer support is an absolute fail I drove by the Holiday World hoping I technician could show me the refrigerator on one of their models Wow I should not have thought that for one moment that person that received me at the unwelcome desk was livid that I did not have an appointment Ok I said I’ll make an appointment when can I get in August 13th I ask if there was a manager she leaves and comes back with a guy I know is her lunch buddy / sales man definitely not the manager Shame on you Holiday World you have no clue the meaning of customer service don’t spend your money here you will not be happy with your decision at a later date
- Cindy Cardinal, New Mexico

2020-07-28 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 318BHS View Listings

AN absolutely the worst Travel Trailer I have ever owned I have been camping 30 years . water leaks ,Electrical every thing else outside kitchen door fell off awning falling apart bedroom slide door feel off there's more . Just junk !!
- Charles Doyle, Ohio

2020-07-18 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Total piece of junk. Driving.home 1st day all clearance lights fell off . Get home 2 Jack's are stripped and water heater does not work. Water heater fix 3x. I converted to electric myself. Laminate fake wood falling off fridge fix 2x front of trailer leaked from day 1. I rebuilt b/c FR said tough Genersl RV said too bad. Drive stereo does not work any more No longer take for repairs as I can do better and FR does not honor any warranty. Never own a FR product again
- STEVELUTZ, Florida

2020-07-17 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this RV on 4/2020. I only had it for 3 months and the plumbing connection to gray tank broke causing water to drip on the underbelly which later tore off the frame, the trim on bedroom door frame came off, I guess not enough glue, I called manufacturer to give numbers of dealerships who do warranty work. I called all these numbers and I get the same feedback on how they get screwed doing warranty work and all I get is the run around. Till this day 7/16/2020 nothing has been done to repair it nor has anyone called me. I’m very upset and thinking of sending it back
- Roland Baladez, Texas

2020-07-11 2019 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 26DBS View Listings

Our tracer breeze has had some issues from day one. Our push out has some issues and the bandaid is to lubricate it. Second issue the drawer guides are not stopping the drawers from opening when you travel. Their fix to our trailer outlet was to place plastic clips on the drawer instead of doing the right thing and replace the guides. The wheel bearing need adjustment and the comment was the warranty has expired. These were an issue from day one, when stopping it was like driving on a washboard. As well if they stand behind their product they should respond to the client calls.
- Domenic, Alberta

2020-07-09 2020 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 25RBS View Listings

Purchased the Tracer Breeze in June after being away from camping for the last 12 years. We owned 3 different travel trailers prior to this and very disappointed in this unit. Floor plan, outdoor kitchen and everything on this model looks great. When we got it home we are very disappointed in the quality. Obvious they use lighter material to get the "lite" classification, I assumed it would still be assembled well. Wrong. If you are a handy man you can fix most of the minor issues and deal with it. I worry long term will it hold up. Salesman assured us this unit was good and could handle cross country trips, I am not so sure. Paid a lot of money for a cheaply made box on wheels. We have saw dust all over the dinette from the ceiling everytime we travel. Some cabinet walls & bathroom access panel are not attached. You cannot stand or sit on the dinette when the slideout is in or it rips the whole dinette area out of the floor and is no longer attached - no they don't tell you that until you ask them to fix it and now it's your fault because you sat on it. Ours actually came that way so during showings someone sat or stood on it, salesmen don't know either. I would like to be able to use the dinette in a rest area for lunch without putting the slide out, and you can't. They just added more screws to hold it down and now cracked the base board and it still pulled out when I lost my balance and stepped on it again. Rained yesterday for the first time and yes water on the bathroom floor, have to figure out where that came from. We always put an awning over the slideout to keep the debris out of the slide mechanism, service tells us you cannot on this unit because there is nothing in the wall to attach it to. They give you great speakers inside & out. What a joke you don't need both speakers you can hear the radio thru the walls. Don't expect to play the outdoor speaker at night and have someone inside trying to sleep. Would be nice to have some sort of latch on the outdoor refrigerator so it doesn't come open in travel, it doesn't run when not connected by electricity but would stay cold for travel if it would stay closed. I am sure there will be more to follow. Just not sure how it gets such good reviews except the categories it is rating. Would not recommend and now understand why people don't keep them more then 4 years ...my opinion it won't last.
- Elaine Shaddach, Michigan

2020-06-22 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Very spacious, beds are comfortable, plenty of sleeping space. Nice entertainment package, nice kitchen and cool features with light up backsplash and led knobs for oven, 50 inch tv, outside fridge and shower and stove.
- austin miller, Maryland

2020-06-17 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3211RK View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer in 2019 from the original owner and loved the quality initially. The large living space and king size bed are great for relaxing. The problem came when I pulled it out of storage this year and noticed a spot on the front end cap that began to peel. I took it on a two week trip and by the time I returned there was another spot. I emailed Prime Time and was told that, because I am the second owner of this two year old trailer they will not honor their 5 year Armour Tec warranty. After searching online forms I learned that many of these trailers’ end caps have the same problem. I will not bother with a trailer that has paint peeling after two years and recommend you consider other brands as well.
- J Flowers , North Carolina

2020-06-12 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Terrible manufacturing. This is really a piece of junk. Turned the shower on and the wall buckled, staples and tape came apart. The outside door has already been replaced and still do esnt work. The counter laminate wasn't cut precisely and there are gaps. Haven't even had it a year and Campers Inn in Kingston NH where it was bought does nothing but give us the run around. There excuse when they do respind was there busy, now it's we are trying to get someone from that area (white mountains) of NH to come take a look. They asked for pictures we sent them pictures, we've complied with all requests. It is crap. My conscious wouldn't allow me to try and sell it off to someone else. Shame on Prime time and Campers Inn.
- Bonnie Norton , New Hampshire

2020-05-31 2017 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

*****Buyer Beware***** Purchased this 2017 Prime Time Avenger Brand New - it was delivered to the campground as we are seasonal campers and when we walked in - the floor was wet by the main slide. Contacted dealer right away and spoke with the service department and they had a tech in the campground who came up and rechaulked the area around the slides. We have had issues from day one with water coming in thru the main slide but only when the slide is in. Opened the trailer up in May 2018 - again found water - contact dealer again and was advised by service manager that there was a manufacturing defect and that they knew who to fix it. The remedy was to put a double seal on the slides. Did not work and we found this out the hard way. My wife put the slides in because we were getting high winds and because we were in a treed area at the campground. When we went back there was water everywhere which result in me having to put thru an insurance claim - damages totalled almost $ 20,000.00. Opened the camper in May 2020 and guess what - more water. The only reason why it didn't leak in 2019 as it spent the majority of the winter getting repaired. Reached out to the dealer that sold us this camper - they won't do anything. Reached out to the manufacturer - they won't do anything - stating my warranty expired. Explained that why should warranty matter when the issue has been present from the time we bought the camper. Now we have to put thru another insurance claim and the cost of trying to fix how the water is coming in falls back to us. We are not the only ones that have had an issue with water coming into the slides. Save yourselves the headaches and the expenses - don't buy.
- Brian Parrott, Nova Scotia

2020-05-21 2018 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 24DBS View Listings

Greta for camping in cold weather, easy to pull with my mini van, bigger shower than other RV's my 6'1" XXL but fits no problem. love the extra outdoor fridge it makes up for the lack of space in standard RV fridges. took out the outdoor sink and stove rack and instant extra storage space.
- Nick, Illinois

2020-05-15 2014 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BB View Listings

This RV was easy to tow because it was lite weight. The kids loved the bunk beds & my husband and I lived the privacy given by the matching curtain decor. Storage was ample and accessible underneath in the trailer. The outdoor shower spiket prevented tracking dirt into the trailer. If I had to choose all over again. I would still pick the Avenger!
- Dahlia Thompson, Maryland

2020-04-26 2015 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 324RST View Listings

Bought this from Dodd RV in Yorktown, VA late 2014. Overall we have enjoyed the floor plan. Very comfortable. We use it average of 2-3 weeks per year. Problems have mainly been minor ones such as a bad elbow fitting for the water pump, along with some fit/finish issues. First major problem was AC defect where coolant leaked and could not be replaced--entire unit had to be replaced (was done under our Forever Warranty). Also, a major problem recently occurred when the bedroom electric slide dual controller suffered a "water bath" that burned out the controller and subsequently one of the motors. About $1000 damage that was fortunately covered by our "Forever Warranty". Poor design. The dual motor controller was mounted ON THE FLOOR BENEATH SEVERAL WATER FITTINGS at the back of the docking bay! The city water connector was loose and over time had been dripping onto the controller, shorted it out and caused one of the slide motors to run for several minutes before I found the problem and disconnected the battery. Be sure to check the location of your motor slide controller if you have the electric Schwintec slide unit. If they still mount them on the floor, immediately mount it higher on the wall, away from water! Few RV units will be problem-free. They are not built to housing standards and they catch a lot of abuse just moving around. I agree with another post that criticized the lack of second AC. 2nd AC should be STANDARD in unit of this size. Still, we actually have enjoyed ours.
- Paul Edwards, Virginia

2020-03-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

It’s been a great travel trailer with no issues. Easy to tow and could live in it full time! I love the 50” TV and having the outdoor kitchen. With the slide out, the livable space is very roomy. Highly recommend.
- Jill Schroeder, Arizona

2020-03-13 2018 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

Went to pick it up after purchasing and was informed I needed to wait 2 days for the pdi to be done(should have been done while I was filling out papaerwork) I had already done the walkthrough and pointed out that the awning wasn't wired properly and they were supposed to fix that while I went home to get the truck. 2 weeks later it's still waiting on pdi, after a month I was allowed to pick it up. I have no clue what they inspected as it was dirty as hell trash in the cabinets(fast food bags, drink cups etc, etc, etc) keep in mind this was a new unit at the time first owner, I also notice the wall next to the fridge is short and the lighting behind the stove is crooked, oh and the awning was still wired backwards. Took it back waited 3 months, get it back and the speakers are now blown it is once more full of garbage and the black tank is so full of feces the shutter wouldn't close, cabinets gouged, doors missing and so on. The owner says it was lo led the entre time they had it and I must have filled the tank in the 12 hours it was at my house. 3 months later i pick it back up it is AGAIN TRASHED! And the outdoor kitchen is destroyed, it looked like they left the door open and hosed it. Now Alot of this is down to the dealer and uncaring repair staff, and as the sales people call her the dumb blonde b**** that runs parts, however the hot water heater quitting everytime I tried to use it that isn't, neither is the fact that the propane hoses leaked because of the way they bent them at the factory. I made my first 12 payments in the shop after the first one was made prior to re Irving it. And since it was out of warranty the bad kitchen faucet is on me to replace, and the fact that the wall in the cabinet on the left side of the bed looks like the wall leaks though I'm pretty it's more likely they used a bad price of wood. Oh gee and it took 9 months to get the black and grey tanks to read anything other then empty. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS HORRENDOUS COMPANY! I was told shortly after I pi led it up by forest river/primetime that the warranty starts the day it rolls off of their assembly line and ends as soon as it hits the dealers lot
- James Jones, Arkansas