Prime Time Tracer Reviews on RV Insider (22)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Tracer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

T. Henry from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Tracer 2750RBS View Listings

Understanding that there may be minor issues during manufacturing, our shake down cruise revealed issues like; inverter failure, city water hookup leaking, bathroom door unable to close, hot water tank indicator light not working, cargo doors warped, and some other smaller issues. Those items were repaired by the dealer. The second trip in June 2016 the roof bubbled up, could disconnect external shower hose, shower door bracket came loose and broke, and we noticed where fasteners that held panels in place the filler would be smeared and uneven, external NatGas hookup full of pipe sealer, external water drain pipe connection leaked, wheel skirt cracked at screws...all of which the dealer repaired without consternation. The design and equipment of the RV is very good, the quality of the workmanship of assembly is at best shotty. Its unfortunate, PrimeTime could improve their approach to QA to support an attractive and well design RV. I hate to see what could easily be a great product go to waste.
- T. Henry, Michigan

2020-09-18 2019 Prime Time Tracer 260KS View Listings

Was very excited to buy this travel trailer. It was a good floor plan for me and my wife. light enough to pull with my 1500 and a nice big king size bed. I put an upgraded mattress in it and and off we went for our adventure. Now here I am a year and a half later regretting I ever heard the name Forest River or Prime Time. Lousy quality and even worse customer service. The refrigerator hasn’t worked correctly since the first trip. Doesn’t get cold enough for things like ice cream and has to be defrosted at least once every two weeks. The fridge door seal lets in moisture but the manufacturer said it’s “within normal operating specifications”. AC thermostat went out two months after we bought it and the heater only comes on about half the time. Have to reset it several times for it to ignite and lord help you if it shuts off in the middle of the night. The cabinets are the worst quality particle board I’ve ever seen with some wood grain pattern laminate that peels off if you even attempt to clean them. Of course they deny the warranty claim because that’s considered water damage. The FM radio wouldn’t turn off when you tried to turn it to the auxiliary input and just played over the other input. Again the answer was, “that’s just how that radio works”. Really? How do you explain that? I had to replace the radio myself and guess what, the new one doesn’t play over the auxiliary input. The material on the loveseat console tore and even though we paid for the additional warranty for that specific item the claim was again denied. I’ve had sink faucets come loose, cabinet handles fall off, the clothes rod in the closet fall down, the valence above the window fall off, the straps holding the loveseat in place pull out of the wall and the loveseat came loose causing damage to the floor, and most recently I stepped in the shower to find a big crack right across the shower floor! I’m done. This piece of junk has to go. Every single warranty claim has been denied and I’m tired of fixing the damn thing. This is the last Forest River product I’ll ever buy and I recommend anyone else that’s looking avoid them at all costs.
- Michael Corey, North Carolina

2020-02-17 2018 Prime Time Tracer 274BH View Listings

First I would like to start off saying that we were so excited to purchase a brand new trailer and get camping. We camp often and love having our trailer it fits our family great. The first time my husband got on the roof to wash it about 1 year after owning it he noticed what appeared to be a large crack in the wood under the membrane and it looked like there were tape lines around the crack. We contacted prime time to see what we needed to do since now our trailer was 2 months out of warranty and they told us to take it to a dealership to have it looked at. We did and they also said it appeared to be a crack. We sent pictures to prime time and they came back and said there didn’t look to be a defect. We got back on the roof and took video of us being able to put my thumb in the crack and also push down on the roof and it moved. This area was about 1 foot long and clearly looked to have been taped over under the membrane. Prime time finally after several calls from me and the dealership we took it to said they would authorize the dealership to pull back the membrane and take pictures of the area. (Not fix it yet) For me that was unacceptable. We bought a new trailer and fully expected a roof that was completely intact. I placed several more calls to Prime time and talked to a few different people when they finally said that they will authorize 27hours to remove the membrane and fix the roof. Thanks goodness we had been going back and forth on this for almost 3 months. Dropped our trailer off with the dealership October 26th to be fixed. The dealership had problems even getting the membrane from Primetime. It was not shipped to them until December 18th. Once the work started to replace the wood that was cracked the dealership discovered a total of 4 areas on the roof that needed fixed. Mind you this is a brand new trailer. Come to find out they were not cracks at all but during manufacturing they plung routered looking for the vents but missed by a lot and just taped over the mistakes. That was the case in all four places on the roof. The dealership ended up replacing 4 pieces of wood and the whole membrane. Prime time did warranty the work but my concern is that if that poor of quality was just covered up what else is a problem. Now we are out of warranty and worried about what else will come up that is a result of crappy workmanship. I wish I could post pictures and video here for all to see. I would highly recommend anyone buying from this company to really look their product over well. Get on the roof something we didn’t do because it didn’t have a ladder and we just figured it was new there shouldn’t be any problems. We couldn’t of been more wrong. Save yourself the worry and headache of having to fight to get crappy workmanship covered by warranty.
- Stephanie Krahenbuhl, Washington

2019-12-04 2018 Prime Time Tracer 294RK View Listings

This is an extremely well built and comfortable travel trailer. It took my husband and I a long time to find this particular floor plan and we love it! I feel very safe driving it down the road and its never had an issue. I love it!!!
- Mary Page Schinholser, Virginia

2019-09-13 2015 Prime Time Tracer 2850RED View Listings

Love the living area slides..awesome storage and really love the outside kitchen..currently parked at the beach. She has weathered 2 hurricanes and remains solid..we named her Florence. I would love to have more bedroom space but not willing to sacrifice living and kitchen space for it. Good purchase, easy hauling, easy parking, sets up quickly­čî┤
- Jan johnston, North Carolina

2019-06-21 2017 Prime Time Tracer 275AIR View Listings

I purchased a Forest River 2017 tracer in October 2017 along with a 7 year extended warranty, from an authorized Forest River dealer. We kept it in their storage for the following 6 months. In August 2018 we took it on a trip, upon return to our home we took it back to the same authorized dealer and had them look at the air conditioning unit and winterize the RV. In May of 2019 we un-winterized the RV in preparation for our next trip. When adding water to the RV we noticed water leaking from the hose connected to the water heater. We took it back to the Forest River authorized dealer, that is now under a new business name and also contacted the company of the extended warranty. They said it would be covered just take them the paperwork. The service center looked at the water heater and determined the RV hadn't be properly winterized and it couldn't be covered under warranty. 1. We had a Forest River authorized dealer winterize the RV. 2. We took it back to a Forest River authorized dealer for repair. 3. We have an extended warranty for coverage. I contacted Forest River and they refuse to stand behind their dealers. I got told since they are a franchise it is their responsibility and that Forest River takes no responsibility but I could contact AtWood the manufacture of the water heater and they may be able to do something. I contacted Atwood and they said due to the improper winterizing they couldn't do anything and referred me back to Forest River. I've now contacted an attorney to see what my next steps need to be. I'm disappointed that Forest River doesn't stand behind their franchised dealers and take no responsibility for their actions. Really poor customer service. I won't buy from Forest River again an this is the 3rd RV I've purchased from a Forest River dealer.
- Teresa, Colorado

2019-04-30 2018 Prime Time Tracer 2940RKS View Listings

We love this trailer, especially the large kitchen, leather furniture and fireplace! We simply decided we were better suited to a motor home and have since purchased one. This travel trailer is like brand new and well below the resale price. It was over $50,000 new....this is a great deal. We have also added extra towing devices to make your trip more comfortable.
- Donna Karolick, Florida

2019-04-29 2015 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT View Listings

My husband and I bought this trailer brand new. The things that appealed to us were the amount of storage in every room, the roominess of the shower, the ability to sleep many family members and of course the quality workmanship of the trailer. We have never had any issues with the Tracer, so we never had to use the warranty. You can't say that about every brand of camper! You and your family and friends will have years of entertainment in this large trailer!
- Patti Lucas, Georgia

2019-04-21 2015 Prime Time Tracer 2750RBS View Listings

I love this camper and would definitely be able to live in it as a full time RV’er if the timing were right. We are not quite there yet so we are downing sizing for now because we aren’t using it as much as we had hoped at this time in our life. When friends and family step into our camper they are always amazed at the storage and the amount of light that comes in. Everything works and this has been a wonderful camper for us. The timing for taking off on longer trips just isn’t working as planned right now. Hoping to find a new owner who will love it as much as we have!
- Debbie, Michigan

2019-02-25 2016 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

We purchased this RV new in March 2016 from RV Kountry, North Fort Meyers, FL. Being snowbirds, we only use it for 5 months a year and it has always been kept in Florida. The fabric on the couch and loveseat are made with a bonded fabric that looks like leather. It has peeled apart and looks terrible. After sending pictures and contacting RV Kountry, they contacted the manufacturer. Prime Time manufacturing said that it was just normal wear and tear and would not do anything about it. We had only lived in this RV for a total of 12 months. Obviously, they stock their Tracer RV with garbage furniture and don’t stand behind their product.
- Sherman Stringham, Florida

2019-02-05 2017 Prime Time Tracer 265AIR View Listings

I really love this camper the living space is good the bedroom could use a little more space the mattress is of poor quality it tows great with a 2017 chevy silverado 1500 with a 5.3 the only problem I had was the hot water tank wouldn't light dealer changed control unit it could use a little bigger furnace good to 20 degrees have extreme weather package heated floors nice would recommend interior gets a lot of good comments
- Rich, New York

2018-05-08 2012 Prime Time Tracer 2900BHS View Listings

This travel trailer is large enough to fit your family comfortably yet light enough to pull just about anywhere. We bought it new and enjoyed many camping trips with the grandkids. They loved the perks like watching their favorite DVD's in bed before going to sleep. We loved being able to sit outside under the 16 foot awning, even when it rained. This is well made and has held up very well for 6 years!
- Karen, Florida

2017-12-13 2017 Prime Time Tracer 265AIR View Listings

Very well made trailer, forest river quality, in the prime time brand. Best layout ever for two people, we love the 50" TV and entertainment center, directly across from the couch. walk around queen bed in private bed room with sliding doors. Tons of storage, lots of cabinets, large shower with glass doors. Tows great, and with the light weight for a 31' trailer, you hardly know it's there. I tow with a 2011 Chevy Tahoe, 5.3L V8 gets 10 to 12 MPG towing, and can hold 55MPH up the steepest grades. It's fun to pass Big Rigs, and other RV's up hill with a 31' trailer in tow
- Bob Martina, Nevada

2017-07-23 2017 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

We purchased our unit in October 2016 from Camping World, Spartanburg, SC. We are pleased with the service from the dealer and have experienced two warranty repairs, kitchen slide adjustment, and replacement of the electrical pigtail underneath that slide. Happy with both repairs. The unit has the usual manufacturing flaws but nothing yet has appeared that is unusual or not easy to repair. The live ability of the unit isn't good, would like to have more room in the bedroom for a full size queen bed, but with this plan we knew this was something we would have to live with to get the rear living plan we wanted most of all. All of the equipment works well, the more we use it the better things seem to work. Fit and finish is acceptable. I did place more support under the shower pan which has been a good thing to do, the pan flexed too much for my comfort level, and the support installed at the factory was poorly done. I also reset the couch and recliners and am in the process of reinstalling all of the curtains as they all came crooked from the factory. We have ordered a new mattress as the factory mattress is very poor. Also, we will undoubtedly install another AC unit in the bedroom someday if we spend more time in it in the hot summer. The current primary unit works well but has a problem keeping up when the temps get north of 100. As with anything you own, if you work on it and fix the things that are needed or desired, the product becomes better every day. We would buy another no questions asked. We would love to have a ceiling fan in the living room and the ceiling height may allow one if we find the right one. The light over the dinette table is too low, they seem to have solved this in 2018 models with a flat light panel.
- Steve Reeves, South Carolina

2017-07-15 2016 Prime Time Tracer 235AIR View Listings

Falling apart already. Nail working it's way through the roof. Cabneit door came apart. Gas line to the BBQ does not work from the git go. Ya take it back to get fixed. Out of town working all the time. Not that easy. The dealier. I got it from general rv said they do not warrenty it prime time does. What does that mean. My one year is up. Paid way to much for it. I got robbed.its just like any Rv. I would get the least expensive rv. The hype is just that. No more prime time tracer for me.
- Randy Varga, Michigan

2017-06-15 2016 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

This RV is a piece of crap, and the manufacturer doesn't care, has horrific customer service, and won't honor its warranty. It came new with several defects, including the staples that hold the rug down that weren't in all the way (at least a 3rd weren't in properly). First, I cut my foot on them, then my dog did. When I told Prime Time about this they said "oh, that happens all the time. That's common." What?!?!?! I was dumb-founded. Their quality control is that bad, they know it, and just say "yeah, we know, oh well, too bad"? The sound system didn't work, the sky light leaked, the panel under the shower was cracked, etc. Then, the *very first time* we take it on the road, after locking everything, I go over a bump (granted, a big bump) on the interstate and the side door where the outdoor kitchen is flies open, then flies off, in the middle of I-95 in a rain storm at 70 mph. I'm so lucky it didn't kill anybody, and easily could: it's a very big door. But, they won't cover it under the warranty. The total cost of the repairs was going to be $1,600. This company makes tens of million dollars a year (4 of the same rv's were sold *the same day* we bought ours, and that's just at one dealership), and they won't cover this? We bought it *brand new*. I even tried making a deal with them, that I'd go through my auto insurance, which would increase my rates, but I'd be okay with that if they paid my $500 deductible. They again said "no, it's not our problem." And we paid $42,000 for this junk heap? Bottom line: run away from all their products. Not only are they pieces of junk and poorly assembled, it appears the manufacturer knows this and doesn't seem to care.
- Steve, Massachusetts

2017-05-08 2017 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

Don't buy owned ares for 18 days and had to send in for warranty work and 2 weeks later still waiting on tracer to approve warranty work Ggggvcvvvccccvvvvvvvvvbvbvvvvvvvvvvbvvvvvv
- William Williams, Louisiana

2017-01-28 2017 Prime Time Tracer 253AIR View Listings

Bought the trailer Sep 29th 2016. Love the floor plan and comfort level inside. Easy to tow. Took it camping in October in Washington State the furnace is quiet and the inside holds the heat. All worked well except when i got home noticed that there was a water leak underneath. The main water line had a leak big job repairing due to the underbelly enclosed. I tried to find the tv bracket for the outside, I called prime time they said they would send me one free. Great! Never received it gave them an address to deliver in the states. Never heard anything more i guess I'm not getting it. Cannot locate one anywhere. Going camping again in march 2017. I'll be boon docking. I'll find out how everything works on battery power. Overall the quality of the trailer seems very solid.
- Dean Antic, British Columbia

2016-11-03 2016 Prime Time Tracer 235AIR View Listings

My husband and I purchased our Tracer Air last year, it is a 2016 model and we love it!!! All of our friends say it has the most room, counter space and storage space they have ever seen in a 26' RV!! We love it, it has everything we wanted in a trailer, along with great tracking when we tow it. We had a few problems at first but the dealer fixed them immediately.
- Deborah Alarcon, California

2016-05-01 2010 Prime Time Tracer 26RLS View Listings

Problem with slide and pully system . The slide decor falls off when traveling. The dump splashes on you when uou open the valve to put on hose. The leveling system sucks.we regret buying. Now stuck for years while paying it off.
- Greg higgins, California

2014-12-08 2013 Prime Time Tracer 3150BHD View Listings

Great Travel Trailer, very open and spacious, comfortable. Stays warm in the winter with the underbelly heater and in the summer keep it cooled down with dual AC units. My wife and I have enjoyed the last two PrimeTime RV's we have owned. Not a single complaint.
- Mike Nordel, Colorado

2014-11-10 2014 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT View Listings

Very nice, well thought-out layout. Could use a bit more room for storage but overall, one of the best bang-for-the-buck RV's we've ever owned.
- Jason, Texas