Prime Time Tracer RVs Reviews (18)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Tracer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

T. Henry from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Prime Time Tracer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Tracer 2750RBS View Listings

Understanding that there may be minor issues during manufacturing, our shake down cruise revealed issues like; inverter failure, city water hookup leaking, bathroom door unable to close, hot water tank indicator light not working, cargo doors warped, and some other smaller issues. Those items were repaired by the dealer. The second trip in June 2016 the roof bubbled up, could disconnect external shower hose, shower door bracket came loose and broke, and we noticed where fasteners that held panels in place the filler would be smeared and uneven, external NatGas hookup full of pipe sealer, external water drain pipe connection leaked, wheel skirt cracked at screws...all of which the dealer repaired without consternation. The design and equipment of the RV is very good, the quality of the workmanship of assembly is at best shotty. Its unfortunate, PrimeTime could improve their approach to QA to support an attractive and well design RV. I hate to see what could easily be a great product go to waste.
- T. Henry, Michigan

2019-06-21 2017 Prime Time Tracer 275AIR View Listings

I purchased a Forest River 2017 tracer in October 2017 along with a 7 year extended warranty, from an authorized Forest River dealer. We kept it in their storage for the following 6 months. In August 2018 we took it on a trip, upon return to our home we took it back to the same authorized dealer and had them look at the air conditioning unit and winterize the RV. In May of 2019 we un-winterized the RV in preparation for our next trip. When adding water to the RV we noticed water leaking from the hose connected to the water heater. We took it back to the Forest River authorized dealer, that is now under a new business name and also contacted the company of the extended warranty. They said it would be covered just take them the paperwork. The service center looked at the water heater and determined the RV hadn't be properly winterized and it couldn't be covered under warranty. 1. We had a Forest River authorized dealer winterize the RV. 2. We took it back to a Forest River authorized dealer for repair. 3. We have an extended warranty for coverage. I contacted Forest River and they refuse to stand behind their dealers. I got told since they are a franchise it is their responsibility and that Forest River takes no responsibility but I could contact AtWood the manufacture of the water heater and they may be able to do something. I contacted Atwood and they said due to the improper winterizing they couldn't do anything and referred me back to Forest River. I've now contacted an attorney to see what my next steps need to be. I'm disappointed that Forest River doesn't stand behind their franchised dealers and take no responsibility for their actions. Really poor customer service. I won't buy from Forest River again an this is the 3rd RV I've purchased from a Forest River dealer.
- Teresa, Colorado

2019-04-30 2018 Prime Time Tracer 2940RKS View Listings

We love this trailer, especially the large kitchen, leather furniture and fireplace! We simply decided we were better suited to a motor home and have since purchased one. This travel trailer is like brand new and well below the resale price. It was over $50,000 new....this is a great deal. We have also added extra towing devices to make your trip more comfortable.
- Donna Karolick, Florida

2019-04-29 2015 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT View Listings

My husband and I bought this trailer brand new. The things that appealed to us were the amount of storage in every room, the roominess of the shower, the ability to sleep many family members and of course the quality workmanship of the trailer. We have never had any issues with the Tracer, so we never had to use the warranty. You can't say that about every brand of camper! You and your family and friends will have years of entertainment in this large trailer!
- Patti Lucas, Georgia

2019-04-21 2015 Prime Time Tracer 2750RBS View Listings

I love this camper and would definitely be able to live in it as a full time RV’er if the timing were right. We are not quite there yet so we are downing sizing for now because we aren’t using it as much as we had hoped at this time in our life. When friends and family step into our camper they are always amazed at the storage and the amount of light that comes in. Everything works and this has been a wonderful camper for us. The timing for taking off on longer trips just isn’t working as planned right now. Hoping to find a new owner who will love it as much as we have!
- Debbie, Michigan

2019-02-25 2016 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

We purchased this RV new in March 2016 from RV Kountry, North Fort Meyers, FL. Being snowbirds, we only use it for 5 months a year and it has always been kept in Florida. The fabric on the couch and loveseat are made with a bonded fabric that looks like leather. It has peeled apart and looks terrible. After sending pictures and contacting RV Kountry, they contacted the manufacturer. Prime Time manufacturing said that it was just normal wear and tear and would not do anything about it. We had only lived in this RV for a total of 12 months. Obviously, they stock their Tracer RV with garbage furniture and don’t stand behind their product.
- Sherman Stringham, Florida

2019-02-05 2017 Prime Time Tracer 265AIR View Listings

I really love this camper the living space is good the bedroom could use a little more space the mattress is of poor quality it tows great with a 2017 chevy silverado 1500 with a 5.3 the only problem I had was the hot water tank wouldn't light dealer changed control unit it could use a little bigger furnace good to 20 degrees have extreme weather package heated floors nice would recommend interior gets a lot of good comments
- Rich, New York

2018-05-08 2012 Prime Time Tracer 2900BHS View Listings

This travel trailer is large enough to fit your family comfortably yet light enough to pull just about anywhere. We bought it new and enjoyed many camping trips with the grandkids. They loved the perks like watching their favorite DVD's in bed before going to sleep. We loved being able to sit outside under the 16 foot awning, even when it rained. This is well made and has held up very well for 6 years!
- Karen, Florida

2017-12-13 2017 Prime Time Tracer 265AIR View Listings

Very well made trailer, forest river quality, in the prime time brand. Best layout ever for two people, we love the 50" TV and entertainment center, directly across from the couch. walk around queen bed in private bed room with sliding doors. Tons of storage, lots of cabinets, large shower with glass doors. Tows great, and with the light weight for a 31' trailer, you hardly know it's there. I tow with a 2011 Chevy Tahoe, 5.3L V8 gets 10 to 12 MPG towing, and can hold 55MPH up the steepest grades. It's fun to pass Big Rigs, and other RV's up hill with a 31' trailer in tow
- Bob Martina, Nevada

2017-07-23 2017 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

We purchased our unit in October 2016 from Camping World, Spartanburg, SC. We are pleased with the service from the dealer and have experienced two warranty repairs, kitchen slide adjustment, and replacement of the electrical pigtail underneath that slide. Happy with both repairs. The unit has the usual manufacturing flaws but nothing yet has appeared that is unusual or not easy to repair. The live ability of the unit isn't good, would like to have more room in the bedroom for a full size queen bed, but with this plan we knew this was something we would have to live with to get the rear living plan we wanted most of all. All of the equipment works well, the more we use it the better things seem to work. Fit and finish is acceptable. I did place more support under the shower pan which has been a good thing to do, the pan flexed too much for my comfort level, and the support installed at the factory was poorly done. I also reset the couch and recliners and am in the process of reinstalling all of the curtains as they all came crooked from the factory. We have ordered a new mattress as the factory mattress is very poor. Also, we will undoubtedly install another AC unit in the bedroom someday if we spend more time in it in the hot summer. The current primary unit works well but has a problem keeping up when the temps get north of 100. As with anything you own, if you work on it and fix the things that are needed or desired, the product becomes better every day. We would buy another no questions asked. We would love to have a ceiling fan in the living room and the ceiling height may allow one if we find the right one. The light over the dinette table is too low, they seem to have solved this in 2018 models with a flat light panel.
- Steve Reeves, South Carolina

2017-07-15 2016 Prime Time Tracer 235AIR View Listings

Falling apart already. Nail working it's way through the roof. Cabneit door came apart. Gas line to the BBQ does not work from the git go. Ya take it back to get fixed. Out of town working all the time. Not that easy. The dealier. I got it from general rv said they do not warrenty it prime time does. What does that mean. My one year is up. Paid way to much for it. I got robbed.its just like any Rv. I would get the least expensive rv. The hype is just that. No more prime time tracer for me.
- Randy Varga, Michigan

2017-06-15 2016 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

This RV is a piece of crap, and the manufacturer doesn't care, has horrific customer service, and won't honor its warranty. It came new with several defects, including the staples that hold the rug down that weren't in all the way (at least a 3rd weren't in properly). First, I cut my foot on them, then my dog did. When I told Prime Time about this they said "oh, that happens all the time. That's common." What?!?!?! I was dumb-founded. Their quality control is that bad, they know it, and just say "yeah, we know, oh well, too bad"? The sound system didn't work, the sky light leaked, the panel under the shower was cracked, etc. Then, the *very first time* we take it on the road, after locking everything, I go over a bump (granted, a big bump) on the interstate and the side door where the outdoor kitchen is flies open, then flies off, in the middle of I-95 in a rain storm at 70 mph. I'm so lucky it didn't kill anybody, and easily could: it's a very big door. But, they won't cover it under the warranty. The total cost of the repairs was going to be $1,600. This company makes tens of million dollars a year (4 of the same rv's were sold *the same day* we bought ours, and that's just at one dealership), and they won't cover this? We bought it *brand new*. I even tried making a deal with them, that I'd go through my auto insurance, which would increase my rates, but I'd be okay with that if they paid my $500 deductible. They again said "no, it's not our problem." And we paid $42,000 for this junk heap? Bottom line: run away from all their products. Not only are they pieces of junk and poorly assembled, it appears the manufacturer knows this and doesn't seem to care.
- Steve, Massachusetts

2017-05-08 2017 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

Don't buy owned ares for 18 days and had to send in for warranty work and 2 weeks later still waiting on tracer to approve warranty work Ggggvcvvvccccvvvvvvvvvbvbvvvvvvvvvvbvvvvvv
- William Williams, Louisiana

2017-01-28 2017 Prime Time Tracer 253AIR View Listings

Bought the trailer Sep 29th 2016. Love the floor plan and comfort level inside. Easy to tow. Took it camping in October in Washington State the furnace is quiet and the inside holds the heat. All worked well except when i got home noticed that there was a water leak underneath. The main water line had a leak big job repairing due to the underbelly enclosed. I tried to find the tv bracket for the outside, I called prime time they said they would send me one free. Great! Never received it gave them an address to deliver in the states. Never heard anything more i guess I'm not getting it. Cannot locate one anywhere. Going camping again in march 2017. I'll be boon docking. I'll find out how everything works on battery power. Overall the quality of the trailer seems very solid.
- Dean Antic, British Columbia

2016-11-03 2016 Prime Time Tracer 235AIR View Listings

My husband and I purchased our Tracer Air last year, it is a 2016 model and we love it!!! All of our friends say it has the most room, counter space and storage space they have ever seen in a 26' RV!! We love it, it has everything we wanted in a trailer, along with great tracking when we tow it. We had a few problems at first but the dealer fixed them immediately.
- Deborah Alarcon, California

2016-05-01 2010 Prime Time Tracer 26RLS View Listings

Problem with slide and pully system . The slide decor falls off when traveling. The dump splashes on you when uou open the valve to put on hose. The leveling system sucks.we regret buying. Now stuck for years while paying it off.
- Greg higgins, California

2014-12-08 2013 Prime Time Tracer 3150BHD View Listings

Great Travel Trailer, very open and spacious, comfortable. Stays warm in the winter with the underbelly heater and in the summer keep it cooled down with dual AC units. My wife and I have enjoyed the last two PrimeTime RV's we have owned. Not a single complaint.
- Mike Nordel, Colorado

2014-11-10 2014 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT View Listings

Very nice, well thought-out layout. Could use a bit more room for storage but overall, one of the best bang-for-the-buck RV's we've ever owned.
- Jason, Texas