Prime Time Spartan Reviews on RV Insider (22)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Spartan RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Michael S from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Prime Time Spartan 3210 View Listings

I purchased a Spartan 3210 because of the storage and the size of the living area. I'm a fulltime RVer, so took the 5th Wheel out on the road. 1) First thing I noticed was a serious leak under the shower, leaking into the storage area. The floor of the shower was not properly supported, used starfoam as support. 2) Then had major leaks in both windows of the garage, as well as the ramp leaked. Had to use towels to help stop the leak. 3) The chain that helps pull the seat up in the garage, one has already broken. 4) The strap that supported the exhaust pipe for the generator under the carage broke, replaced it. 5) The rubber insulation around the main push out has come lose. 6) The brace supporting the fender wheel that keeps it from flapping around has broken. 7) I turned on the heater, and suddenly sawdust started coming up from the vents along with the smell of burning wood. I took the vents off, discovered large amounts of sawdust contained in the vents. They never cleaned out the vents after the cut the wholes. This is all covered under warranty work, but getting Prime Time to help fix it, well, that's another story. Yeah, they provided a number to a local dealer, but no one has time and I live in my RV so can't just pull it over to a center. Overall, I have discovered the workmanship has just been shotty. I would not recommend the Spartan 3210 nor would I recommend anything Prime Time or Forest River puts together. Please feel free to contact me for further details. Michael S.
- Michael S, Arizona

2020-05-09 2017 Prime Time Spartan 1234X View Listings

I liked all the features, but finding out after just 1 1/2 years later the aluminum frame is broken in the wall. You can see this bowing out from the outside of the unit by the slide out.This was the fault of the factory not properly welding the wall causing the aluminum frame to break. When we purchased this unit new we were told there was a 3year structual warranty. We have contacted the company several times with our problem, and even sent pictures. Even though it was their own factory that made the walls they told us it was our problem, and it was only 1year warranty. They said we can take it to an authorized dealer and pay ourselves to get the costly repairs done. When a weld is properly done it should last a life time. Now we are stuck paying on something we can't even sell. What's next to go?
- Stanley Szczesniak, Michigan

2019-12-06 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1245 View Listings

Worst camper I’ve ever owned kitchen slide tore the floor first week bedroom slide stuck halfway out found outer wall had to be opened up and reweld the wall structure back and replace the electric drive replaced all fender support cooling unit in the refrigerator front air lost the compressor and had to be replaced found a water line leaking under island mold everywhere can’t keep screws in rear bed lift replaced docking station lid twice thank goodness for good Sam extended warranty
- Eric Harper Sr, Louisiana

2019-09-20 2016 Prime Time Spartan 300 3912X View Listings

We have had our 43' 3912X for 2 1/2 years and put about 15K miles on it. We love the side deck with patio door access and the large garage the we haul our motorcycles with us. I put in 3 wheel chocks that I bolt to the floor.It has a rear half bath that is nice for guests and 2 queen size beds that go to the top of the garage. The back deck/load door is nice when camp in Loveland, we can backup to the river and have it hanging over the river.Things I don't like about it, there is no light switch by ether entrance door. The main bathroom sink and faucet were a joke, you couldn't get you hands under the faucet and the sink is really small, I replaced both of them. The LCI self leveling isn't heavy enough to lift the front of the trailer without shutting off and having to reset itself. One of the mid jacks died in the first year as did the transfer switch. 4 Seasons RV in Denver has a terrible service dept. My first trip into the mountains the brakes went out after 30 miles on the road. The wires were routed improperly and shorted out my fuse for the controller. The also made the wires so short for the awning LED strip that the awning arms cut the wires in the first year. When they checked out the mid jack they couldn't lift the RV with their fork truck and accused me of overloading the trailer and there was barley anything in it because I din't want any personal items to disappear. The ordered a mid jack for it and never called me when it was in. The lower valance on the main slide with the fridge and sofa has broken all the supports for it and it flexes so much with a side wind that the screws are breaking the metal at the top of it. The wheel flares are plastic and breaking around the screw holes and most of the screws have come loose so I replaced all of them with racing rivets which have a larger head than normal rivets. No backup lights or backup camera so I added those. The back screen to the rear deck opens up the whole back of the trailer so bugs have easy access when you use it. A 3 piece screen would be nice.The rear black and gray water tank valves are under the slide up by the wheels and I added an access door so you don't have to crawl on your hands and knees to empty them. The water and cable access door blew off and you can't find a replacement.
- Max ODell Jr, Colorado

2018-01-29 2017 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

Likes: 1) My rig tows exceptionally well. So far I've put 10,000 miles on it and tires still are holding up (exception below). 2) Lots of storage space, huge area under the bed. 3) Bedroom has night stands built into each side which is wonderful for my CPAP. Most units we looked at didn't have this. 4) Nice drop down rear door (toy hauler) that makes into a great patio off the ground. 5) The unit is very comfortable for 2 (4 if just using it for week/weekend outings). 6) Comes with a 50in TV and two other outlets and mounting areas for the other two rooms (bedroom and garage). 6) Nice duel bed/bench seat setup in garage that completely lifts out of the way. 7) Dual Air Conditioners. 8) Generator. 9) Plenty of wall outlets (exception below). 10) So far great electrical system. Overload works great, has combination of fuses and breaker switches. Only blew on fuse so far other times the breaker switch caught the overload (Reason for overload below). 11) Hookups for washer (no 220 for dryer) we bought a large Panda (works great and good enough for us) fits well (7kg) a normal size washer won’t fit in space. 12) High ceiling (exception below) and nice décor make it seem roomy. 13) Lots of room in front storage area under unit. 14) Also has heat/air-conditioning vent in front storage area. Problems/Dislikes: As with all the other reviews a somewhat shoddy inspection system at Primetime. 1) As with other reviews a ton of sawdust in the vents and light fixtures that had to be cleaned out. 2) Small leak in under storage area coming from the shower drain. ( had fixed twice and still leaks at times, I think it's how you stand in the shower it has a soft floor which makes the drain move slightly). 3) Kitchen sink faucet (real cheap) gave out in first month on the road so I bought a nice Moen and replaced it. 4) Problem with the Cable wiring. I hook up to RV parks wiring and the picture is real fuzzy on all three TVs. I hook the cable up through the window direct into TV and it looks great. I need to take it in but how when you live in it a lot. 5) Stereo was wired wrong at factory. 3 sets of speakers (living room, garage, and outside) but only 2 worked. The factory said the wiring was ok. I had to rewire personally, upon doing so I found 3 sets of speaker wires coming out and only 2 hooked up to main speakers along with 3rd speaker wires (outside) hooked to the subwoofer (subwoofer should have been hooked up with living room speakers tied into the TV). 6) Side fiberglass wheel covers are flimsy. When going down the road you can see them flapping in the wind. They are held on by about 20 metal screws that, due to the flapping, start working their way out. One came out and lodged into the sidewall of the tire in an area that can’t be repaired ruining the tire. Lucky that the unit is equipped with a full size spare. I replace both sides with nut/bolt lock washers. Haven’t had a problem since. 7) Unit says it’s winterized for winter living but insulation is very weak. Unit gets cold very quickly at below 45 degrees, we had to buy 2-1500 watt heaters to reduce the use of propane (sometimes triggers overload switch when we forget and plug in a hair dryer or coffee pot). Also gets very hot in summer on 70 degree days unless parked in shade. 8) High ceiling (makes harder to heat and cool, also 13 ft 7in clearance while traveling) 9) Window shade tie downs break easily (easy to fix though). 10) Heavy rear door (but has to be to take weight of motorized toys in loading into garage). Wishes: 1) Rear patio deck has full screen drop down to keep bugs out of garage. I wish it were a locking door type instead. You have to take up the rear door every night and to secure your rig if you have any valuables in the garage. 2) I wish they would have put in some side wall mounted tie downs in the garage. 3) Wish they could figure out how to put a wall outlet near the slide out. 4) Wish they could do something about the heavy back door like better spring system.
- Dajavou, Colorado

2018-01-29 2017 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

- Dajavou, Colorado

2017-10-17 2017 Prime Time Spartan 1245 View Listings

We love the floor plan, but either we have a lemon, or met cannot build an rv. Purchased in Nov 2016, These are our issues Ramp stopped working with key few week after purchase, for repair, black water in 1 table is not drain properly or release properly, replaced release valve and put another valve where you connect sewer hose, both black tank flushed do for flush you can hook up water but does not go in. Electronic vent in kitchen an 2nd bath flap open on windy days, when it rains water comes in, all molding in kitchen area ceiling have fallen off. We find nails all over from them popping out. The spartan light fixture above the couch has fallen off in transit, this is a approx 4 foot in length 6 in width, had to carry around for 2 months till repair. Both very water tanks leak, not a little, but every time we left a rv spot, from full hook up. About 20 to 30 gallons of water would drop from the underbelly, the underbelly dropped from all the weight it was holding, that has to be replaced. Our bedroom slide stopped working so new motor was installed, after 1 month of new install, screws will not hold onto outside of rv, so now we need to get this fixed again, slides in living area were not adjusted this caused, the slides to cut thru the metal of the rv on the outside lower trim of rv, trim molding all blew off on 131st trip, so trim molding was replaced and glued, Our ramp door, now does not work again with key, we have to get this repaired again The temp sensor went out in the fridge, we got it temporally fixed, but don't have a working temp sensor yet, this all happened in less that a year. This rv is a pos, I don't think I would ever consider anything from forest river again even if they have it to me for free, not worth the aggrevation. Every week something goes wrong
- Lisa aiken, Arizona

2017-08-11 2015 Prime Time Spartan 300 3712X View Listings

The quality and factory support for our unit is severely lacking. Bought he unit in Sept 2016. By April 2017 we had 21 warranty problems from cosmetic (cracked decals) to major (Ladder to roof came off when I tried to climb up, leaking grey water collection system, gas burner on cook stove, Norcold refrigerator will not stop freezing food). The dealer has done as much as they can with little to no support from the factory. My wife and I are very disappointed with the quality of this product and factory indifference. I will not recommend this brand to my friends. Dave
- Dave, Alberta

2017-04-27 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1234X View Listings

We purchased the RV in April of 2016. Immediately had major issues with the slides which needed gears replaced. The front Cap developed a crack and had to be replaced. The black tank indicator was not working. A crack developed in the ceiling of the garage. The automatic leveler does not work correctly. We often end up with tires lifted off the ground. We had it in for warranty repair for four months. Finally took it out on a trip only to find the molding on the top of one of the slides has pulled out. We feel like we purchased a lemon and are very unhappy. We purchased the Rv in Texas and have all repairs done in Wheat Ridge, CO. The Dealer has worked with us and have been very helpful but iissues just keep popping up.
- Frank, Colorado

2017-04-21 2014 Prime Time Spartan 1032 View Listings

I have owned this RV now for 3 years and it stayed at the dealership more than at my home , I really think Primetime should have payed the notes for me , I've had nothing but trouble with this unit every time I take it out the barn . Trust me who ever reads this review do not buy a Spartan and Primetime and the dealership only wants to sell them and not worry about anything else . I've had 3 5th wheel campers and by far this is the worst one I've ever had. Trust me do not buy a Spartan or any other Primetime product
- Carl Leger, Louisiana

2017-03-19 2016 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

Great on paper. the quality control during the build is just horrible. wiring not connected, I mean not even hooked up as well as just loose. The construction dirt was just stupid. lost three tires in less than 5K miles, got lucky no body damage. I did keep good pressure also. I have rebuilt electrical and plumbing on this unit, some prior to the first use, the sink in the lav was a joke..who do they have building these units. If a person were not mechanically inclined to own one of these would get old real fast. our unit is now better than new due to being rebuiltas we go.. sad this company puts out such a poor product..good luck
- Joseph Reynolds, Colorado

2017-03-19 2016 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

- Joseph Reynolds, Colorado

2017-03-12 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1245 View Listings

I'm a travel RN and spend months at a time in this rig. I purchased it new in OK. Overall I am very happy with it. I've had the interior door mechanisms worked on because doors would not stay closed. While I love the size of my giant refrigerator, it seems to drip from the freezer continuously I suppose due to auto defrost? I learned to put a collection pan under the drip reservoir to keep excess water out of hydrator bins I wish there were more outlets in the living room, and I don't like the safeguard outlets that have no reset button. I've had to use a hairdryer with a reset button on it to reset the outlet. Those are my only complaints. I like that it has triple axles. It tows like a dream, and is very easy to set up and dismantle camp at each destination. I am a single female, 5'1", 130 lbs and do everything myself, so I am thankful to have such a great rig. I love the big garage with plenty of space for my motorcycle, kayak, a road and a touring bicycle, and still plenty of room to spare. I did have all theater seating removed, as I found it took up too much living space. I enjoy the huge tv and the terrific sound system. The bedroom has a queen bed with night stands on each side. This was a major requirement of mine as I enjoy sipping my coffee in bed in the mornings. I don't understand why so few RV' s that I looked at offered night stands. Plenty of closet and drawer space in the bedroom. Large bathroom and shower. I do wish the kitchen cabinets were all enclosed and deeper. I would definitely recommend this RV!
- Sherry McCune, Oklahoma

2017-03-12 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1245 View Listings

- Sherry McCune, Oklahoma

2016-12-15 2014 Prime Time Spartan 1032 View Listings

I purchased this RV in 2015.The layout was exactly what we wanted.We are in this 6 months,and it has been a dream.We had a couple of small issues but so far they were taken care of.We get a lot of compliments on our toyhauler.It tows great,and I am hoping to have good luck with it in the future.The only thing I was disappointed in was the DVD player in the garage
- Ron Ciceri, Florida

2016-12-01 2014 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

Where to start, so many issues with this new 5th wheel, Bathroom sink faucet so close to the back of the sink you could not get your hands under the water, the stream of water barely made into the rim of the sink. This is supposed to be the winter model super insulated, the front of the trailer at the head of the bed and no insulation at all. The electric leveling jack have been nothing but problems, sometimes they work fine then the next time they error out and it is a nightmare to get them rest to work properly. We have approximately 24000 mile now on our 5er and even today after a day on the road you have to clean the sawdust off the bed that falls from the ceiling from antenna handle ceiling penetration. The spot for the wash machine in the garage requires that the wash protrudes into the exterior doorway about 4". Real good engineering. I wore out a set of tires in 12,000 miles because the wheels were never aligned properly at the factory. The tires were over 3/8" out of alignment. To date the factory still denies that there was noting wrong. I took it to two factory service dealers and both had no idea how to even check the alignment. The second one agreeed there was something seriously wrong. I finally found a private company that had the knowledge and experience to fix the problem at my cost. $600.00 to straighten the and align the axles and $1,000.00 for new tires. The exterior side skirting by the wheels has cracked from vibration. The kitchen sink has radial cracks in the fiberglass and has started leaking. The heat vents were totally full of sawdust and I had to clean them myself. The propane switchover valve is mounted so that it will only rotate to one tank. Shower drain would continue to leak even after two trips to the service center, I finally had to fix it myself. Sawdust had plugged up the gas burner for the refrigerator when it was new. All these and other issues were reported to the factory and for most of them they always said it was per spec or something I had done to cause the problem. This company needs a class action lawsuit brought against them for the poor workmanship them and nonresponciveness to issues.
- Ed, Oregon

2016-11-07 2015 Prime Time Spartan 3712X View Listings

Recently purchased our 3712X Toy Hauler. Initial feelings, great. Travelled from Alberta to Arizona, and have a few issues. The first disappointment is the ceiling vent in the bedroom. There is NO FAN. It gets scorching hot up there, and with only 1 window, there's no cross draft. It definitely needs a Fantastic Fan, thermostatically controlled. The ceiling fan in the kitchen is equally useless. It does not move enough air to blow out a match. The AC cannot keep up to 30+ celsius temp. The living space gets hot air trapped with no where to go, because there is no windows on the driver side of the rig. The TV stopped working on the first day of travel. Will not even turn on. The living area is drastically lacking plugins. There is only 2. The cupboards space, and the location of the TV are the two GREAT feature of this toy hauler. The awning over the front door also is useless. It is so high, and is not adjustable for height. It does not even shade the bottom of the door, so forget getting shade at ground level.
- Lorna Johnson, Alberta

2016-10-26 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1240X View Listings

Right now, we are extremely disappointed with our brand new 2016 1240X. We love the floor plan and may of the features of this unit and we spent a ton of time researching the market before settling on it. This is the rig we plan to use for our retirement "grand tour". Once we had decided on the unit we wanted, we had to drive to Minnesota to find it and bring it home to Colorado. Just by luck, I removed a couple pf the access panels in the pass-through storage space under the unit to aid in chasing cable runs for a satellite dish we installed. In the process, I discovered a puddle of water on the floor of the crawl space. It turns out it came for a water leak behind the water heater. We could not get a Spartan dealer to service it as they were backed up for "months". We took it to a very reputable RV dealer near us and they repaired the leaking fitting, but in the process, they found multiple additional leaks. Clearly, there is no way this unit could have been pressure tested before leaving the factory and that is extremely disappointing for a $100K RV. So far, Prime Time has told us they will stand behind the costs of the repairs, and we are taking them at their word at this point. We are still hoping to enjoy many years of touring with our new RV, but we have now owned it over a month and are still waiting to have a chance to use it as it is still in the shop having additional repairs done. Extremely disappointing!
- Steve Stoffel, Colorado

2016-05-01 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1245 View Listings

Our new rig has been in the shop for almost 5 weeks and still awaiting parts to fix a warranty issue. We like the rig but have not spent enough time in it to properly evaluate anything but warranty / support issues which to date have been not good.
- Rick Coles, Florida

2015-08-24 2015 Prime Time Spartan 3210 View Listings

- Michael S, Arizona

2015-03-30 2015 Prime Time Spartan 1032 View Listings

Livability only a 3 because we haven't got to use it yet. It has been at the dealers for repairs. Quality a 1 it has a couple of major items, the leveling system is bad, the fuel tanks are 20 gallons they should be 30's as standard, and a dozen lesser problems. I think it will be a nice unit if we ever get it fixed. It does pull nice, i pulled it home then back to the dealers.
- Denny Hampton, Utah