Prime Time Sanibel RVs Reviews (56)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Sanibel RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Have you owned any Prime Time Sanibel RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2019-08-17 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3600 View Listings

THIS TRAILER IS THE INTELLIGENT CHOICE FOR COMFORTABLE LIVING. WELL INSULATED, WARM WITH A HEATER AND FIREPLACE. COOL FOR ALL SEASONS. IT IS PERFECT FOR A STARTER AND LIVING IN THE WOODS OR ON THE LAND. IT IS LIKE NEW AND VERY WELL BUILT, GENTLY USED AND CLEAN.
- PAM SUITER, Iowa

2019-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

What initially sold us on this RV is the living space. It has all of the amenities of home. The quality of materials and construction is better than your average unit. It has the climate package with better insulation and heaters for the tanks. The suspension rides really well. I have no problem pulling it with my 2500 for the size of the unit. Storage is a plenty, which was important for full-timing. The extended warranty has taken care of any issues we have had, even covered items we didn't think they would. Very satisfied, overall, with this model.
- Steve Botschon, Texas

2019-01-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

We purchased this fifth wheel back on 2017 in August, before we bought it we had asked them to do a PDI because there was some deficiencies. We went to pick up the unit the next day that we have paid $80,000 for and found it they have done nothing for deficiencies. We can hook up the trailer drove it into a small town to fill up with some water go and make sure that the plumbing and water system worked correctly. How do we were filling the tank up with water I noticed there was fluid all over the ground and in the passthrough. As to my surprise we had found out that we had a major hydraulic leak for the self levelling jacks system, I had made a phone call to the dealer about the situation and they could not get it in for about a week. Then we find out it was caused by a short on one of the clearance lights. To this day January 17, 2019 we have not got all of our deficiencies done and we have also had problems with our great water holding tank and are black water holding tank the heating pads are not working so we have frozen tank it has even split the gray water tank. The workmanship inside the units are the worst I have seen. I would never recommend that anybody buy a primetime Sanibel trailer ever! Buyers Beware and stay away primetime has no quality control. They will probably delete my review because it does not match up to what they want people to say! And if I could I wouldn’t even put any rating for overall quality or manufacture warranty and support it would be zero stars.
- Rob Brow , Alberta

2019-01-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

We picked our 5th wheel up on Aug 1 2017 we were going to go and fill it with water so we could strat to try everything out. Had a short in our clearance lights the burnt the hydronic lines and had no fluid left to lift out trailer off our truck. Workmen ship is horrible! We have so much that needs to be done,they do not have any Quilty control at all. As for the plumbing our tank heaters do t work anymore and the way they put the plumbing into the trailer is not good either. The knife valve is 15’ from the tank so if it freezes it will freeze 15’ of line and the valve. Our grey tank has split because of freezing even though it’s tested at -18 f or -25 c we were only at -8. I would not waste my money on prime time again lesson learned! Not worth $80,000.00
- Rob brown, Alberta

2018-12-07 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

The site was very easy to use. I hope to have success in selling our coach. The sanibel is a very nice well built coach. We are and have been very satisfied. We are selling because we are moving to Florida and building a new home.
- Lorraine mccullough, Maryland

2018-12-01 2019 Prime Time Sanibel 3851 View Listings

its a pice of junk worst rv we have ever owned been in the shop 3 times in 2 months dealer is having to fix so much been there a week so far had two rent a trailer to stay in will probly try and get rid of it when we get it back
- richard holley, Texas

2018-10-10 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3501 View Listings

I loved living in my Sanibel 3501. The comfort and quality exceeded our expectations. The insulation is better than in most houses. We were never too warm or too cold. The interior is beautiful and the features met all of our needs.
- Dee Heffernan, Texas

2018-09-15 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3501 View Listings

I loved living in my Sanibel 3501 Fifth Wheel. We have had other rigs that were so hot in our hot Texas summers that 2 ACs wouldn't cool them. The 3501 has insulation values of R-52 in the walls,floor and ceiling and R-38 in the slide rooms, which is as good as in most homes. We have had no problems when we had need of warranty repairs, except for the time it took to get the parts from the manufacturer. We have thought about trading for a Class C rig, but we have been so comfortable in the Sanibel 3501 that we are leery of changing.
- Dee Heffernan, Texas

2018-07-05 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

We purchased our 2016 3601 Prime Time RV in 2015 from Holiday World of Los Cruces NM. They delivered it to us because at the time we didn't have a vehicle that would tow it.We choose this model because it was listed as a residential and we live in it full time.When it was delivered I noticed that the rear of the RV had damage to the fiber glass and the ladder was severely damaged.Went inside after putting the slides out.The bedroom slide would only go halfway out.We found glass all through out the living room rug.Which explained why it took an extra 2 weeks for them to deliver it. The story the dealership spun was that their certified driver was out sick. I called the dealership about the damage and they accused me of it.Mean while we can barely get into the bathroom and the bedroom because of the slide problems.The dealership gave me the run around,etc.The battery was not being charged which caused the slide not to go out completely. I discovered this because every time the refrigerator would run I could smell wire burning.What I found was that the ground cables weren't even connected in the fuse box.So at this point I decided to check all of the wiring and not one wire through out the RV was even tight.After correcting the wiring and resetting the bedroom slide brain I was able to get it out mostly.First rain storm the dining slide roof was if there wasn't one.Found the gap between the roof and the outer wall was large enough to stick my hand in.I took care of that only to find that the window right there also leaks around the molding and the window doesn't open.Again I contacted the dealership and finally the General manager came out and took pictures of all of the problems but didn't inform the manufacturer of anything.The hydraulic jacks would pop all the time and I found all of the fittings loose.Needless to say we didn't get any help from the manufacturer and very little help from the dealership.There are many more problems with this RV and to many to list.When I got a tow vehicle I refused to take it in to my selling dealership for obvious reasons. I have made most of the repairs myself.Recently I found the floor below the window that has leaked is rotten and the manufacturer told me to piss up a rope. I would not recommend a Prime Time or Forest River product to my worst enemy.
- Gordon D. Aumick, New Mexico

2018-06-21 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

I live in my RV while working on the road and been doing this since 1999. I bought this Sanibel from dealer in Fl. had no problems with dealer. Here is a list of things that I have had or having go wrong and the RV is only 2 1/2 years old. 1) Roof leaked around A/C in living room, 2 Heater switch went out in the middle of winter, 3) Trim falling down, 4) Living room slide motors hade to be replaced, 5) Auto level control board had to be replaced, 6) water heater quite working on electric, 7) Roof leak in the slide, had to have floor replaced in slide. Did not know roof was leaking until floor about to fall out. 8) A/C in bedroom not working, 9) The front end cap is leaking and the paint is fading, 10) Toilet leaking, 11) 3 of the 4 factory tires on it has blown out causing damage, 12) window leaking in slide, 13) Leak around shower door, 14) Hydraulic hose to jack had be replaced, 15) Electric vents would not open or close. I repaired some of these items and the Dealer and Prime repaired some. Point is this RV is only 2 years old and it is falling apart. DO NOT BUY A PRIME TIME RV they are JUNK.
- Danny Cashwell, Georgia

2018-05-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

In my forty five years camping in several brands This is worst rv made Dealer no help I only camp in 4 months year Poorer help and phone service DO NOT Buy prime time or forest river Good lay out Enjoy camping
- Jack, Kentucky

2018-04-11 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

Living full time... Cons: Carpet had hundreds of staples sticking up had to vacuum like crazy . Closet hanger bars fell off. Lights over the couch fell out of the mounts. Window shade mounts fell out by the dinning room table. Ice maker cannot be used according to the manufacturer. Didn't find that out until AFTER the buy. The King mattress sucks buy a better one right away. Pros: All major systems work great. AC Heat plumbing appliances no problems so faaaar. Towing in my F250 is a dream. love the Andersen Hitch. Lots of room for just my wife and I. Fixed all the little things myself. Have not used any warranty yet. I did buy the full blown 6 year one so we will see. But over all so far really like it.
- E, Anderson, Oklahoma

2018-04-10 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

Prime time customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with. They don't stand behind their warranty. We were able to get most of the minor things fixed but the furniture made by lane was horrible. It was supposed to be leather and wasn't. The material had major flaws and fell apart everywhere and neither primetime or Lane refused to replace. Instead they sent a cover. The floor plan was causing a dent in the fridge but again there was nothing we could do so now we have a dented fridge. I would never ever buy another primetime product. I could go on and on.
- Donald Eugene McBride, Oregon

2018-04-06 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3591 View Listings

I bought this rv new about 8 months ago. It was delivered with the fireplace and one ac not working. A shock absorber fell off. Then the water pump quit. The second time I filled the potable water tank it broke loose and fell on the ground. It is roomy but hard to keep cool when the outside air is 90+. The warranty only kicked in when I was close enough to use a participating dealer. Buyer beware.
- William Corbett, Washington

2018-03-06 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

Do not buy a Prime Time or Forest River RV. They are junk and even worse Forest River will not stand behind them. In reading reviews I see all the same problems I have with mine, slide dragging pealing the lanolium in kitchen, trim inside falling off, light fell off the ceiling on the way home from the dealer, brand new. The cheap tires they put on the rvs are junk so much so Goodyear won't even stand behind them. I blew one with 500 miles on it and destroyed the right side of the trailer. My unit has been in the shop waiting on a new floor for the slide since Nov 14 it's now March 6 and still no floor. 31/2 months qualifies for Texas Lemon Law and I am going for it. I have owned several rvs and none fell apart this quick or even at all, never blew a tire and never had problem with service. This unit has been a nightmare and so is Forest River to deal with.
- Timothy Martin, Texas

2017-10-16 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3921 View Listings

We purchased new and started transferring from our old unit to tbe new and a drawer fell apart and a cabinet door came off hinges. Upon checking rest of the doors several of them needed to be tightened up. Pulled our unit on our lot and the shower started leaking the lights in one of the slides started flickering,staples sticking up throughout the carpet. And have to slam the door to get it too close. Spent way too much money for this type of quality. Not a happy camper!
- Melissa Toles, Florida

2017-07-24 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3550 View Listings

Bought this model in 2016 as the floor plan was exactly what we were looking for. It appears to have defective paint as outside is covered with spots and stains and front cap is starting to fade. Company will not fix as the warranty on paint is for one year only. Prime Time should stand behind their product and repair the paint. This should not happen on an expensive camper in less than 2 years.
- Ron Bradley, Vermont

2017-07-03 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Very nice coach. We haven't got to use it much due to our health. Need to sell for payoff. We really love the 5th wheel and would recommend it to anyone. It is the residential model and is very comfortable with lots of space and drawers and cabinets. I love the one touch leveling. It has all led lights and that is nice too.
- Jim Briar, Florida

2017-06-29 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

We had our Sanibel 36 01 delivered June 15 2015, had a couple of minor problems but nothing big. A leaky pipe under the sink and an outside speaker that did not work. It's now June 29 2017 and still happy. We live in the unit year around and find it very comfortable. It was -18F last winter and we were warm and nothing froze. I have spoken with other owners and they say they are happy. The only concern I had was the warranty service, and only because of stories I heard. I have since found out they were just stories. We have no regrets and would not hesitate to recommend a Sanibel Coach. I think the addition of a dishwasher would be a fantastic option.
- Mike Paladino, British Columbia

2017-06-27 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Where do I start? Bought this camper new in March 2016. Within the first year, I've had more problems than I can count. I will only mention the serious issues: Water collecting in lights in master bedroom, shorting out lights. This was just after towing 500 miles to SC. Dealer looked at when we returned and stated air condition condensation (BULL!) Did this again while sitting over the winter with NO air condition running. Obviously (doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out) water is intruding around the air conditioner on roof. Cable and satellite connections will not work properly, shower leaked into storage compartment with first shower, weld on slide broke after trip from SC and slide was stuck about 4 inches out when we got home. Had to have a mobile welder come out and repair as we couldn't even tow. Mobile welder said it was a crappy welding job from the factory. Now for our major issue!! A huge crack has developed from the roof down toward the dinette slide. The rain gutter is split with this crack. This isn't a small issue, it's a major design flaw folks! You can't put the weight they have in the rear of this RV and not expect to have frame/flex issues. The rear of this RV needs more support if you're going to put a residential refrigerator, stove and cabinets all on the tip end of this RV. IT WON'T WORK! Simple engineering will tell you... when you have to much weight on the rear end of any trailer, there is going to be more stress on the frame. This stress compounded with bad roads/interstates (bouncing) will only lead to issues such as ours. I wish I could include a picture of the crack that has developed to warn other consumers about this product. Obviously Primetime / Forrest River could care less about the quality coming out of their factories. 99% of RV issues could be solved with quality control checks.
- Greg Goff, Tennessee

2017-05-28 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 38QB View Listings

We purchased this RV because of the floor plan. Purchased in June, 2015 in Meridan, MS (4hrs from our home).(This is our 4th RV purchase and my husband is very thorough is maintaining them) Upon arriving home with our purchase we opened the door and found lighting had fallen down over the island, cabinet door had not been closed and had been damaged by slide, and a cargo door was bowed and not closing properly. Took RV back to dealer, which they did repair the above items. By October, 2015 we had only taken 1 trip with our RV and were getting ready to go again. Upon preparing for our trip my husband was flushing out the tanks and found the 3 holding tanks had fallen through the frame and flooded the under carriage; plumbing under the kitchen sink was leaking; wall paper was peeling off in various rooms; ceiling in the living area was cracking; front a/c unit was not cooling; exterior screws were backing out all around the unit; weather stripping was coming off all around the unit; exterior trim had fallen off master bedroom slide; electric wires behind entertainment center had melted; the wall in the hall had started to bow outward..and on and on! We paid for someone to tow our unit back to the dealer...long story short they did not fix but a few minor issues (kept for over 5 months and would not help us with PT. My husband talked with PT with no avail. We did purchase the extended warranty. Finally found a dealership that would take our unit and they are in the process of dealing with getting the repairs done. We have spoken with our attorney back in October, 2015 but here in MS the lemon law does not apply because the unit is not motorized. Unfortunately, between making monthly payments, insurance and repairs we can not pursue any legal action at this time. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS UNIT TO ANYONE!
- Terri, Mississippi

2017-05-02 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

Bought our 3901FL in May '16. Master switch on furnace wouldn't let it run. Dealer fixed it after some bellyaching because we wouldn't haul it 2hrs for them to install a 4.00 item. Front cubby let water in around slam door frame. I sealed it myself before it got bad. 4' of trim wasnt screwed down around the rubber roof line on the rear of the coach. I fixed that myself after i noticed some decals beginning to bubble. The front cap leaked some water but it all stayed in the cap. I resealed the joint and fixed that. Allbin all, it's not been a bad coach for us. We've been full timing for 20yrs so I've come to expect more than most I guess. I wish the warranty and extended warranty didn't exclude roofs and floors though...those are bigvticket items in these 5th wheels.
- Larry, Florida

2017-04-30 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3251 View Listings

We purchased the Sanibel because of its large open floor plan, classy look and the fact that it was advertised as a full time living unit. We have rebuilt the whole unit in the first two years of having it. I have a book of all the issues inside and out of what has been done. The business we purchased it from bent over backwards to try to keep us on the road. PT honored the warranty, even extended it for 6 more months. Fact of the matter is, we are now owners of a lemon we live in full time and will probably never get out of it what we will have in it. Hopefully it will hold up without any major issues, if its been rebuilt properly. Never buy a Sanibel. Buyer Beware!! I have to say that we probably got more out of the company that some of you did from what I've read. You have my sympathies.
- Lori Erhart, South Dakota

2017-04-19 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

Purchased this unit in January 2017 nothing but problems with the unit bedroom ac had to be replaced, hot water tank had to be fixed , had to fix all the plumbing, and pops all the time. The furniture is very uncomfortable. Loved the design and living area but trailer piece of junk.
- Sylvia Franks, Oklahoma