Prime Time Sanibel RVs Reviews (60)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Sanibel RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Have you owned any Prime Time Sanibel RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2019-11-22 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3591 View Listings

Poorly built heater quits working when it has to work hard to try and heat the unit can’t heat up to 60 on 20° days. hot days ACs don’t cool it down bathroom walls are flimsy had to put new tires on it after six months screws are always coming loose microwave quit after six months I highly recommend you guys not buying a prime time forest river camper.
- Blake, Colorado

2019-10-29 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

on 02/07/15 we ordered a custom built sanibel, from campers inn , kings mt, n.c. we had a new job in virginia beach, va starting 04/12/15 we got a call from the dealer about 7 days before we had to go to new job, that the rv was on the carrier and they would have it within a couple of days, a couple days later we got a call for dealer that the rv was lost they cannot fine it 2 days later they had a rv for and it was a 2016, rv came in, did not have queen bed in the king slide, had central vacuum did not want. told prime time refused to built what we wanted. it was supposed to have 4 season, as we are full timers, we do not have it, only three windows are winter. the doors have cracked wood, not the stove we wanted, wanted lane furniture, got franklin, which is seconds, material is coming off theater seats, foot release will not release the foot extension, dealer told us you have to live with it. franklin warranty starts the day it is made so we only had 5 months. the bathroom sink came in cracked and old dirty caulk. shower wall one half is unpolished and dull, mirrored doors have excessive glue on bottom bedroom has very little heat coming to it. ac unit in bed ceiling has a foot long piece of vent tape hanging loose,again we have to live with it. side widow is note snug in the wall lots of cold air comes in. we had rv 3 days and in virginia we had a heavy rain storm, water was coming for ac like a water fall, called mobile tech, he found the ac was jammed into the ceiling hole had a half in open hole no take or calk he had to remove and reset the ac rubber roof is full of air pockets, had to have it repainted 2 years ago. kitchen sink leaked, kitchenade refrig bottom door had a dent in it. drawers keep falling off rails, doors are not even, back wall doors when traveling open. have to tie them shut. now about 1 year ago we found the dinette floor sinking down apparently we have had a major leak from the entry door slide, which we never had known, it is going to cost us $11,000. to fix floor up to kitchen are is soft. we also ordered a 40 foot and we have a 43. a mobile tech told us this rv was sitting outside in a field for some time. all prime time says is it is out of warranty. Campers inn said we will fix it at your cost, we are new management and did not sell it , ever where we have gone gives us another excuse, too big, did not sell, wait list is 6 months. the reason the slide is floor is sinking is because the slide gasket is trimmed too short and not long enough, rv was 5 months old had to replace the read rv, storage in belly has had two major floods from faulty pipe installation, we have kept the middle area of the belly untouched so you see how they clean you new rv. ceiling vents were full of wood chips and sawdust, the dealer tried to change the king bed to a queen size bad job there too, while we were sleeping then the frame work caved it have so many more things wrong it not funny
- phil and gloria hurl, Florida

2019-10-07 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3651 View Listings

We really like the layout and the quality of the structure itself. However, the finishes and the quality of the materials that are used are very very poor. Doors falling off, drawers not aligned, screws coming loose and falling out, screws in the control panel area were screwed into plumbing, cables not installed properly, satellite into the cable and vice versa. Slide screws coming out, shower door leaked because they did not caulk when it was installed. The installers should be fired. I have a 3 page list of poorly installed items. I sent the list to Forest River...no response. General RV is as piss poor as they come as well. The sales process was awesome and then it went downhill from there. They took more than a year to fix all the problems, then the manufacturer denied the the claims that were reported a week after delivery because the one year warranty period had expired because General RV took that long to fix the defects. I am still waiting on parts from 2 years ago. I will not buy another Prime Time (Forest River) Sanibel again. Drawers installed poorly, They were not aligned and wont close all the way. Doors coming off, and I noticed about half the hinges are loose and had to be tightened. Wine cooler, built in, not supposed to be. Poor ventilation, panel screwed onto frame missed 2 of the 4 screws. Had to remove panel because the thermostat is on the back side of the unit and not accessible. This should be installed on hinges in order to access the thermostat. Ice maker not hooked up. No water line was run to the back side or even near the refrigerator slide out. I installed it myself and it works great. Cables were installed improperly for the satellite and cable tv. The orange cable and black cable were switched. I was able to take care of this myself. Screws used to fasten the cable tv connector to the panel were too long. One of them was protruding into the plumbing fitting on the back side of the panel. Screws used in the control panel where water and cable tv hook-ups are located, are rusting within a week of purchase. This is an area that is wet often and stainless screws should have been used. I replaced the sub standard screws with stainless. Fireplace rotating flame has stopped working on the very first camping trip. There is no manual for the fireplace and no remote control. Screws were protruding through the floor in the bedroom closet. Whatever was being fastened to the underside, the screws were too long. This injured me and I could only use a hammer to force the screw back through the floor because it could not be accessed from underneath. Frosted glass in cabinet doors is easily damaged causing holes to appear in the glass. This should be protected with a film or plastic sheet to prevent frosted effect from damage from items rubbing against it. A lot of things move in an rv. First trip caused damage on bedroom door and on pantry door. Shower leaks, caulk needs to be used at each end because water in the door tray travels to each end and then finds its way underneath the metal, then travels to the front and falls to the floor along the front edge. Screen door screws came out of latch. Would not hold after trying to re tighten. Had to use bigger screws and glue to hold in place. There was also a lot of debris under the furniture or behind it that is difficult to clean because we don’t have a vacuum attachment long enough to get to it. The furniture is fastened to the floor. No corner trim on bottom edge of kitchen cabinets above stove top range. Rough edges are visible and cheap looking. The closet clothes rod was installed way too close to the door. There was about four inches of clearance and a standard hanger has at least 8 inches, so if you hang clothes up, you can’t close the doors. Screws are coming loose and falling out on the large bedroom slide trim, and the fender trim.
- Kevin Souder, Florida

2019-09-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

Just got back from vacation. The RV has held up very well from the rough roads we experienced. My RAM 2500 has no problems pulling it. The Lippert hydraulic auto level system works so easy. Full hydraulic slides are smooth in and out.
- Steve Botschon , Texas

2019-08-17 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3600 View Listings

THIS TRAILER IS THE INTELLIGENT CHOICE FOR COMFORTABLE LIVING. WELL INSULATED, WARM WITH A HEATER AND FIREPLACE. COOL FOR ALL SEASONS. IT IS PERFECT FOR A STARTER AND LIVING IN THE WOODS OR ON THE LAND. IT IS LIKE NEW AND VERY WELL BUILT, GENTLY USED AND CLEAN.
- PAM SUITER, Iowa

2019-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

What initially sold us on this RV is the living space. It has all of the amenities of home. The quality of materials and construction is better than your average unit. It has the climate package with better insulation and heaters for the tanks. The suspension rides really well. I have no problem pulling it with my 2500 for the size of the unit. Storage is a plenty, which was important for full-timing. The extended warranty has taken care of any issues we have had, even covered items we didn't think they would. Very satisfied, overall, with this model.
- Steve Botschon, Texas

2019-01-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

We purchased this fifth wheel back on 2017 in August, before we bought it we had asked them to do a PDI because there was some deficiencies. We went to pick up the unit the next day that we have paid $80,000 for and found it they have done nothing for deficiencies. We can hook up the trailer drove it into a small town to fill up with some water go and make sure that the plumbing and water system worked correctly. How do we were filling the tank up with water I noticed there was fluid all over the ground and in the passthrough. As to my surprise we had found out that we had a major hydraulic leak for the self levelling jacks system, I had made a phone call to the dealer about the situation and they could not get it in for about a week. Then we find out it was caused by a short on one of the clearance lights. To this day January 17, 2019 we have not got all of our deficiencies done and we have also had problems with our great water holding tank and are black water holding tank the heating pads are not working so we have frozen tank it has even split the gray water tank. The workmanship inside the units are the worst I have seen. I would never recommend that anybody buy a primetime Sanibel trailer ever! Buyers Beware and stay away primetime has no quality control. They will probably delete my review because it does not match up to what they want people to say! And if I could I wouldn’t even put any rating for overall quality or manufacture warranty and support it would be zero stars.
- Rob Brow , Alberta

2019-01-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

We picked our 5th wheel up on Aug 1 2017 we were going to go and fill it with water so we could strat to try everything out. Had a short in our clearance lights the burnt the hydronic lines and had no fluid left to lift out trailer off our truck. Workmen ship is horrible! We have so much that needs to be done,they do not have any Quilty control at all. As for the plumbing our tank heaters do t work anymore and the way they put the plumbing into the trailer is not good either. The knife valve is 15’ from the tank so if it freezes it will freeze 15’ of line and the valve. Our grey tank has split because of freezing even though it’s tested at -18 f or -25 c we were only at -8. I would not waste my money on prime time again lesson learned! Not worth $80,000.00
- Rob brown, Alberta

2018-12-07 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

The site was very easy to use. I hope to have success in selling our coach. The sanibel is a very nice well built coach. We are and have been very satisfied. We are selling because we are moving to Florida and building a new home.
- Lorraine mccullough, Maryland

2018-12-01 2019 Prime Time Sanibel 3851 View Listings

its a pice of junk worst rv we have ever owned been in the shop 3 times in 2 months dealer is having to fix so much been there a week so far had two rent a trailer to stay in will probly try and get rid of it when we get it back
- richard holley, Texas

2018-10-10 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3501 View Listings

I loved living in my Sanibel 3501. The comfort and quality exceeded our expectations. The insulation is better than in most houses. We were never too warm or too cold. The interior is beautiful and the features met all of our needs.
- Dee Heffernan, Texas

2018-09-15 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3501 View Listings

I loved living in my Sanibel 3501 Fifth Wheel. We have had other rigs that were so hot in our hot Texas summers that 2 ACs wouldn't cool them. The 3501 has insulation values of R-52 in the walls,floor and ceiling and R-38 in the slide rooms, which is as good as in most homes. We have had no problems when we had need of warranty repairs, except for the time it took to get the parts from the manufacturer. We have thought about trading for a Class C rig, but we have been so comfortable in the Sanibel 3501 that we are leery of changing.
- Dee Heffernan, Texas

2018-07-05 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

We purchased our 2016 3601 Prime Time RV in 2015 from Holiday World of Los Cruces NM. They delivered it to us because at the time we didn't have a vehicle that would tow it.We choose this model because it was listed as a residential and we live in it full time.When it was delivered I noticed that the rear of the RV had damage to the fiber glass and the ladder was severely damaged.Went inside after putting the slides out.The bedroom slide would only go halfway out.We found glass all through out the living room rug.Which explained why it took an extra 2 weeks for them to deliver it. The story the dealership spun was that their certified driver was out sick. I called the dealership about the damage and they accused me of it.Mean while we can barely get into the bathroom and the bedroom because of the slide problems.The dealership gave me the run around,etc.The battery was not being charged which caused the slide not to go out completely. I discovered this because every time the refrigerator would run I could smell wire burning.What I found was that the ground cables weren't even connected in the fuse box.So at this point I decided to check all of the wiring and not one wire through out the RV was even tight.After correcting the wiring and resetting the bedroom slide brain I was able to get it out mostly.First rain storm the dining slide roof was if there wasn't one.Found the gap between the roof and the outer wall was large enough to stick my hand in.I took care of that only to find that the window right there also leaks around the molding and the window doesn't open.Again I contacted the dealership and finally the General manager came out and took pictures of all of the problems but didn't inform the manufacturer of anything.The hydraulic jacks would pop all the time and I found all of the fittings loose.Needless to say we didn't get any help from the manufacturer and very little help from the dealership.There are many more problems with this RV and to many to list.When I got a tow vehicle I refused to take it in to my selling dealership for obvious reasons. I have made most of the repairs myself.Recently I found the floor below the window that has leaked is rotten and the manufacturer told me to piss up a rope. I would not recommend a Prime Time or Forest River product to my worst enemy.
- Gordon D. Aumick, New Mexico

2018-06-21 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

I live in my RV while working on the road and been doing this since 1999. I bought this Sanibel from dealer in Fl. had no problems with dealer. Here is a list of things that I have had or having go wrong and the RV is only 2 1/2 years old. 1) Roof leaked around A/C in living room, 2 Heater switch went out in the middle of winter, 3) Trim falling down, 4) Living room slide motors hade to be replaced, 5) Auto level control board had to be replaced, 6) water heater quite working on electric, 7) Roof leak in the slide, had to have floor replaced in slide. Did not know roof was leaking until floor about to fall out. 8) A/C in bedroom not working, 9) The front end cap is leaking and the paint is fading, 10) Toilet leaking, 11) 3 of the 4 factory tires on it has blown out causing damage, 12) window leaking in slide, 13) Leak around shower door, 14) Hydraulic hose to jack had be replaced, 15) Electric vents would not open or close. I repaired some of these items and the Dealer and Prime repaired some. Point is this RV is only 2 years old and it is falling apart. DO NOT BUY A PRIME TIME RV they are JUNK.
- Danny Cashwell, Georgia

2018-05-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

In my forty five years camping in several brands This is worst rv made Dealer no help I only camp in 4 months year Poorer help and phone service DO NOT Buy prime time or forest river Good lay out Enjoy camping
- Jack, Kentucky

2018-04-11 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

Living full time... Cons: Carpet had hundreds of staples sticking up had to vacuum like crazy . Closet hanger bars fell off. Lights over the couch fell out of the mounts. Window shade mounts fell out by the dinning room table. Ice maker cannot be used according to the manufacturer. Didn't find that out until AFTER the buy. The King mattress sucks buy a better one right away. Pros: All major systems work great. AC Heat plumbing appliances no problems so faaaar. Towing in my F250 is a dream. love the Andersen Hitch. Lots of room for just my wife and I. Fixed all the little things myself. Have not used any warranty yet. I did buy the full blown 6 year one so we will see. But over all so far really like it.
- E, Anderson, Oklahoma

2018-04-10 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

Prime time customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with. They don't stand behind their warranty. We were able to get most of the minor things fixed but the furniture made by lane was horrible. It was supposed to be leather and wasn't. The material had major flaws and fell apart everywhere and neither primetime or Lane refused to replace. Instead they sent a cover. The floor plan was causing a dent in the fridge but again there was nothing we could do so now we have a dented fridge. I would never ever buy another primetime product. I could go on and on.
- Donald Eugene McBride, Oregon

2018-04-06 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3591 View Listings

I bought this rv new about 8 months ago. It was delivered with the fireplace and one ac not working. A shock absorber fell off. Then the water pump quit. The second time I filled the potable water tank it broke loose and fell on the ground. It is roomy but hard to keep cool when the outside air is 90+. The warranty only kicked in when I was close enough to use a participating dealer. Buyer beware.
- William Corbett, Washington

2018-03-06 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

Do not buy a Prime Time or Forest River RV. They are junk and even worse Forest River will not stand behind them. In reading reviews I see all the same problems I have with mine, slide dragging pealing the lanolium in kitchen, trim inside falling off, light fell off the ceiling on the way home from the dealer, brand new. The cheap tires they put on the rvs are junk so much so Goodyear won't even stand behind them. I blew one with 500 miles on it and destroyed the right side of the trailer. My unit has been in the shop waiting on a new floor for the slide since Nov 14 it's now March 6 and still no floor. 31/2 months qualifies for Texas Lemon Law and I am going for it. I have owned several rvs and none fell apart this quick or even at all, never blew a tire and never had problem with service. This unit has been a nightmare and so is Forest River to deal with.
- Timothy Martin, Texas

2017-10-16 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3921 View Listings

We purchased new and started transferring from our old unit to tbe new and a drawer fell apart and a cabinet door came off hinges. Upon checking rest of the doors several of them needed to be tightened up. Pulled our unit on our lot and the shower started leaking the lights in one of the slides started flickering,staples sticking up throughout the carpet. And have to slam the door to get it too close. Spent way too much money for this type of quality. Not a happy camper!
- Melissa Toles, Florida

2017-07-24 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3550 View Listings

Bought this model in 2016 as the floor plan was exactly what we were looking for. It appears to have defective paint as outside is covered with spots and stains and front cap is starting to fade. Company will not fix as the warranty on paint is for one year only. Prime Time should stand behind their product and repair the paint. This should not happen on an expensive camper in less than 2 years.
- Ron Bradley, Vermont

2017-07-03 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Very nice coach. We haven't got to use it much due to our health. Need to sell for payoff. We really love the 5th wheel and would recommend it to anyone. It is the residential model and is very comfortable with lots of space and drawers and cabinets. I love the one touch leveling. It has all led lights and that is nice too.
- Jim Briar, Florida

2017-06-29 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

We had our Sanibel 36 01 delivered June 15 2015, had a couple of minor problems but nothing big. A leaky pipe under the sink and an outside speaker that did not work. It's now June 29 2017 and still happy. We live in the unit year around and find it very comfortable. It was -18F last winter and we were warm and nothing froze. I have spoken with other owners and they say they are happy. The only concern I had was the warranty service, and only because of stories I heard. I have since found out they were just stories. We have no regrets and would not hesitate to recommend a Sanibel Coach. I think the addition of a dishwasher would be a fantastic option.
- Mike Paladino, British Columbia

2017-06-27 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Where do I start? Bought this camper new in March 2016. Within the first year, I've had more problems than I can count. I will only mention the serious issues: Water collecting in lights in master bedroom, shorting out lights. This was just after towing 500 miles to SC. Dealer looked at when we returned and stated air condition condensation (BULL!) Did this again while sitting over the winter with NO air condition running. Obviously (doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out) water is intruding around the air conditioner on roof. Cable and satellite connections will not work properly, shower leaked into storage compartment with first shower, weld on slide broke after trip from SC and slide was stuck about 4 inches out when we got home. Had to have a mobile welder come out and repair as we couldn't even tow. Mobile welder said it was a crappy welding job from the factory. Now for our major issue!! A huge crack has developed from the roof down toward the dinette slide. The rain gutter is split with this crack. This isn't a small issue, it's a major design flaw folks! You can't put the weight they have in the rear of this RV and not expect to have frame/flex issues. The rear of this RV needs more support if you're going to put a residential refrigerator, stove and cabinets all on the tip end of this RV. IT WON'T WORK! Simple engineering will tell you... when you have to much weight on the rear end of any trailer, there is going to be more stress on the frame. This stress compounded with bad roads/interstates (bouncing) will only lead to issues such as ours. I wish I could include a picture of the crack that has developed to warn other consumers about this product. Obviously Primetime / Forrest River could care less about the quality coming out of their factories. 99% of RV issues could be solved with quality control checks.
- Greg Goff, Tennessee