Prime Time RVs Reviews (271)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Have you owned any Prime Time RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2019-10-14 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3311RK View Listings

We love this travel trailer .. only thing I'm struggling with is the fridge .. we winter camp, but I cant figure out how to shut the fridge off without shutting the complete trailer down .. any suggestions .. thks
- Melinda Pelley , Alberta

2019-10-12 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3311RK View Listings

We bought a brand new lacrosse towable rv At general rv in Florida. While towing it back home to Tennessee we stopped at a rv park And tried to set up. The jack did not work so we called a rv mechanic and it cost us $80.00 for him to manually get the travel trailer of the hitch because it locked up ( 6 hours after picking it up from general rv in Florida). We called general rv and they said they only sell them, they don’t warranty them. We got it home and then called the manufacturer and was told we would have to bring it to one of their service dealers. The problem with this is there isn’t anyone in Tennessee. We would have to tow it to Florida or Ohio. Totally unacceptable. So we are having to pay a local repair place about $280 for a new jack. Would never recommend this manufacturer or dealer.
- Ray jenkins, Tennessee

2019-10-08 2014 Prime Time Crusader Lite 260RL View Listings

Great quality construction. Very comfortable for two people to snowbird in after we bought 2 new chairs and hassocks, originals were not comfy. Bathroom and shower are large for an RV. Bamboo mattress is firm. New 10 ply tires.
- Bruce Benway, Florida

2019-10-07 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

We purchased the RV in February at a RV Show, we picked up the unit in late march and went on a trip the first weekend of May before that we noticed black streaks on the floor from the slide outs, dealer made an adjustment went camping in May found out the Shower Leaked, Bathroom Faucet Leaked, Sound for Radio Only worked if you were 3 ft away from it, Microwave door latch was improper and glass plate fell out, low flow switch on shower broke off, and the slide-outs were still marking on the floor. Took Back fixed again. Next trip was in July for a week, slides still made marks on floor, shower still leaked, sound system still not fixed. So back to the dealer again replaced sound system, microwave and now their solution was "slide slickers" for the marks on the floor, (they are 3ft long by 8" wide pieces of plastic that lay on the floor to stop the marks, not happy) Another trip in August, didn't get one of the slickers positioned correct and marked up the floor again, now the LP on the Hot Water is not working need control board, and stainless steel sink and kitchen faucet is starting to chip and peal away, took to dealer sink on order, new control board and more slickers, (new sink is in need to take to dealer). October comes around and another weekend a new mark on the floor and now rip in the floor from the slide-out, and once again LP does not work on Hot Water heater again. Prior to this we have camped since 2000, owned Coleman, Jayflight, Jayco Designer took a break from 2010 to 2019 when we bought this Lacrosse which has been the worst mistake my 2003 Jayco - 2010 was a Designer 5th wheel never had a problem at all, best unit for the money even resale was over 25k
- John, New York

2019-10-07 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3651 View Listings

We really like the layout and the quality of the structure itself. However, the finishes and the quality of the materials that are used are very very poor. Doors falling off, drawers not aligned, screws coming loose and falling out, screws in the control panel area were screwed into plumbing, cables not installed properly, satellite into the cable and vice versa. Slide screws coming out, shower door leaked because they did not caulk when it was installed. The installers should be fired. I have a 3 page list of poorly installed items. I sent the list to Forest River...no response. General RV is as piss poor as they come as well. The sales process was awesome and then it went downhill from there. They took more than a year to fix all the problems, then the manufacturer denied the the claims that were reported a week after delivery because the one year warranty period had expired because General RV took that long to fix the defects. I am still waiting on parts from 2 years ago. I will not buy another Prime Time (Forest River) Sanibel again. Drawers installed poorly, They were not aligned and wont close all the way. Doors coming off, and I noticed about half the hinges are loose and had to be tightened. Wine cooler, built in, not supposed to be. Poor ventilation, panel screwed onto frame missed 2 of the 4 screws. Had to remove panel because the thermostat is on the back side of the unit and not accessible. This should be installed on hinges in order to access the thermostat. Ice maker not hooked up. No water line was run to the back side or even near the refrigerator slide out. I installed it myself and it works great. Cables were installed improperly for the satellite and cable tv. The orange cable and black cable were switched. I was able to take care of this myself. Screws used to fasten the cable tv connector to the panel were too long. One of them was protruding into the plumbing fitting on the back side of the panel. Screws used in the control panel where water and cable tv hook-ups are located, are rusting within a week of purchase. This is an area that is wet often and stainless screws should have been used. I replaced the sub standard screws with stainless. Fireplace rotating flame has stopped working on the very first camping trip. There is no manual for the fireplace and no remote control. Screws were protruding through the floor in the bedroom closet. Whatever was being fastened to the underside, the screws were too long. This injured me and I could only use a hammer to force the screw back through the floor because it could not be accessed from underneath. Frosted glass in cabinet doors is easily damaged causing holes to appear in the glass. This should be protected with a film or plastic sheet to prevent frosted effect from damage from items rubbing against it. A lot of things move in an rv. First trip caused damage on bedroom door and on pantry door. Shower leaks, caulk needs to be used at each end because water in the door tray travels to each end and then finds its way underneath the metal, then travels to the front and falls to the floor along the front edge. Screen door screws came out of latch. Would not hold after trying to re tighten. Had to use bigger screws and glue to hold in place. There was also a lot of debris under the furniture or behind it that is difficult to clean because we don’t have a vacuum attachment long enough to get to it. The furniture is fastened to the floor. No corner trim on bottom edge of kitchen cabinets above stove top range. Rough edges are visible and cheap looking. The closet clothes rod was installed way too close to the door. There was about four inches of clearance and a standard hanger has at least 8 inches, so if you hang clothes up, you can’t close the doors. Screws are coming loose and falling out on the large bedroom slide trim, and the fender trim.
- Kevin Souder, Florida

2019-10-05 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RKS View Listings

To start off... went to put stuff in the door of the freezer and found a bottle of blue toilet stuff on the drawer. (Really??? Why wasn’t this in the bathroom????)The freezer has the odor of the toilet cleaner. Had baking soda in it to no avail. Food had to be tossed due to absorbing the smell and probably taste 😡. Can’t use the freezer. I’ve pulled 2 Wildwoods for over 10 years, so I know how to pull a camper. Dealership hooked the weight distribution and sway bar up. Drove it 30 miles on a state road to a campground with a little sway. Left the campground for home. Next trip, got on the interstate and a tractor, with no trailer, passed and about turned the Rv over. My husband was driving behind me and said he was scared I wasn’t going to be able to control it. By the grace of God, I did. It’s the most scared I’ve ever been. Next day, My husband left for work so I was alone. Tried to leave the camper in the afternoon and found I was locked in and couldn’t get out even though I had not locked the door. Was trying so hard to open the door the camper was rocking. It would not open. Called the dealer and told them. Told them everything wrong and could I return the camper. They didn’t call me back. Husband didn’t understand how I could get locked in and not get out till we came back from town the next day, and couldn’t get in. The door was stuck again!! Apparently, when the sun is on the camper, it swells and the screw heads stick out too far to release the door. He pushed and pulled and so did my son-in-law. This is a safety issue all around. Forest River also manufactures the wildwood... sure is a major difference in these two. Avenger needs to be removed from the market. It is a safety issue.
- Joyce Cassin, Kentucky

2019-10-02 2018 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 26DBS View Listings

Purchased new in Cincinnati. We had went to the dealer with every intention of buying a different unit. We dealt directly with the internet sales manager. He showed us the tracer breeze 26dbs ($10k LOWER than our local rv dealership) and it was a “done deal”. We have not had any serious problems whatsoever. We did have a couple of screws work loose....no problem. i have done several upgrades to the camper...backup observation camera, water heater thermostat, screen door pull, electric tongue jack, and a mattress topper. I also added shelves inside 3 of the cabinets for better storage options. I would highly recommend this line of campers. The only negative (imho), is the cheap tires. I will be upgrading to goodyear endurance soon. Potential buyers could possibly negotiate upgraded tires into the deal. I could not because I purchased it at a deeply discounted wholesale price.
- Bryan , Kentucky

2019-09-29 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Purchased this RV in early 2018 and it’s been wonderful. We take it to the coast for spring break and leave it down there until school starts. We use it as our “beach house” for summer vacations. This past summer we took 9 trips to the coast and always had a trailer full of kids. The large beds are real accommodating when you have a bunch of teenagers staying with you. The large slide-out makes for a spacious living area and the 50” built in TV and entertainment center makes you feel at home. Only thing I don’t like about this model is the small tub/shower combo. Being 6’4”, I have to watch hitting my head on the ceiling so a shower would be better. This trailer pulls very well. I pull it with a 2015 F-150 with the V6 EcoBoost motor and have no problems running the speed limit on the interstate. Would highly recommend this trailer.
- Richard Thorman, Texas

2019-09-20 2016 Prime Time Spartan 300 3912X View Listings

We have had our 43' 3912X for 2 1/2 years and put about 15K miles on it. We love the side deck with patio door access and the large garage the we haul our motorcycles with us. I put in 3 wheel chocks that I bolt to the floor.It has a rear half bath that is nice for guests and 2 queen size beds that go to the top of the garage. The back deck/load door is nice when camp in Loveland, we can backup to the river and have it hanging over the river.Things I don't like about it, there is no light switch by ether entrance door. The main bathroom sink and faucet were a joke, you couldn't get you hands under the faucet and the sink is really small, I replaced both of them. The LCI self leveling isn't heavy enough to lift the front of the trailer without shutting off and having to reset itself. One of the mid jacks died in the first year as did the transfer switch. 4 Seasons RV in Denver has a terrible service dept. My first trip into the mountains the brakes went out after 30 miles on the road. The wires were routed improperly and shorted out my fuse for the controller. The also made the wires so short for the awning LED strip that the awning arms cut the wires in the first year. When they checked out the mid jack they couldn't lift the RV with their fork truck and accused me of overloading the trailer and there was barley anything in it because I din't want any personal items to disappear. The ordered a mid jack for it and never called me when it was in. The lower valance on the main slide with the fridge and sofa has broken all the supports for it and it flexes so much with a side wind that the screws are breaking the metal at the top of it. The wheel flares are plastic and breaking around the screw holes and most of the screws have come loose so I replaced all of them with racing rivets which have a larger head than normal rivets. No backup lights or backup camera so I added those. The back screen to the rear deck opens up the whole back of the trailer so bugs have easy access when you use it. A 3 piece screen would be nice.The rear black and gray water tank valves are under the slide up by the wheels and I added an access door so you don't have to crawl on your hands and knees to empty them. The water and cable access door blew off and you can't find a replacement.
- Max ODell Jr, Colorado

2019-09-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

Just got back from vacation. The RV has held up very well from the rough roads we experienced. My RAM 2500 has no problems pulling it. The Lippert hydraulic auto level system works so easy. Full hydraulic slides are smooth in and out.
- Steve Botschon , Texas

2019-09-13 2015 Prime Time Tracer 2850RED View Listings

Love the living area slides..awesome storage and really love the outside kitchen..currently parked at the beach. She has weathered 2 hurricanes and remains solid..we named her Florence. I would love to have more bedroom space but not willing to sacrifice living and kitchen space for it. Good purchase, easy hauling, easy parking, sets up quickly🌴
- Jan johnston, North Carolina

2019-09-07 2016 Prime Time Avenger 28DBS View Listings

We have had problems with this RV since day one! It started with the recliner, awning, furnace, hot water heater, and multiple severe leaks. We would NOT recommend a Prime Time Manufacturing product to anyone!!
- Thomas Williamson , Florida

2019-08-30 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 24BHS View Listings

Only used my rv twice my dealer ordered the part a month ago and through warranty it still has yet to go through. Now it’s Labor Day weekend and since we don’t have our camper we still can’t go camping. My 1997 Jayco did not look as nice but at least it worked and we could use it. I am not happy about this.
- Jay, Missouri

2019-08-25 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3311RK View Listings

Quality is cheap, had this RV less than a year and got all kind of issues, main slide ruined my cushion floor, siding cracked through to frame above slide, park lights don’t work, toilet won’t hold water, awing sticks when opening it, mattress sunk in the middle, lost all the tank T handles when towing it, A/C unit won’t cool properly and the cover is cracked from factory, vents are cracked on the inside. Having trouble with the warranty... bought at Patterson’s RV Truro, NS... Never by from this dealer again.. had a crossroads zinger in the past for 5 years without any issues... very dissatisfied customer😡. Have pics to prove everything.
- Clint Nash, Newfoundland and Labrador

2019-08-24 2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Front needs to be repainted and we contacted the manufacturer and dealt with Sara Hankins. Shouldn’t paint last more than a couple of years. The manufacturer does not stand behind their trailers that are basically just a big disappointment. Oh and Sara was not helpful her final response was “unfortunately, this is a component on your unit “. I wish it was not on my unit but it is and they won’t deal with it. Really bad STAY AWAY FROM Prime Time. Wish we had
- George and Linda Durocher , Alberta

2019-08-17 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3600 View Listings

THIS TRAILER IS THE INTELLIGENT CHOICE FOR COMFORTABLE LIVING. WELL INSULATED, WARM WITH A HEATER AND FIREPLACE. COOL FOR ALL SEASONS. IT IS PERFECT FOR A STARTER AND LIVING IN THE WOODS OR ON THE LAND. IT IS LIKE NEW AND VERY WELL BUILT, GENTLY USED AND CLEAN.
- PAM SUITER, Iowa

2019-08-16 2014 Prime Time Crusader 351REQ View Listings

Great product value for the price point. One 'major' (rear window replacement) and several minor repairs required under warranty within the first few months. All were handled as expected through dealer and Forest River. This floor plan is awesome for a couple, with large living/kitchen area, super sized washroom for changing clothes and getting 'ready'! Ideal for full time travel! Quick setup with the auto leveling!
- Malcolm, Oregon

2019-08-03 2016 Prime Time Avenger 18TH View Listings

Horrible. Motorcycle went through floor on its second ride. Despite having bought extended warranty, company refuses to fix claiming bike must have been tied down too tight. Avenger DOES NOT stand behind their product. Buyers beware!!! DO NOT buy this product. I’m disappointed beyond words can express. I plan on making a You Tube video showing this. Keep an eye out for it. Factory support deserves 5 NEGATIVE stars. Too bad the worse I can give is 1 star.
- Jean-Guy , Manitoba

2019-07-25 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

I purchased a 2017 Avenger ATI brand new and have had nothing but issues with it from the first time we used it. We have had water leaks every time we take it camping. The door to the bedroom fell off the ceiling the first time we drove it down the road. The outside panels are rusting and the paint is peeling off. The company will not stand behind their product and I would never buy any Prime Time RV again. I have owned several campers and never had issues like this one. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. Don't waste your money!
- Daniel Metts, North Carolina

2019-07-19 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Purchased this camper last April and was excited as it was our first brand new one. Before we even went camping we had to take it back for repairs. The partial wall between the dinette and sofa was popping off because they put the screws in but wasn't attached to anything, the bedroom door handle is not lined up with the latch so you see the hole they cut in the door (never fixed) and the carpet tacks were sticking up so far that it hurt to walk on the carpet. Visit 2 was to fix the water line to the kitchen sink that had been installed and kinked at a 90 degree angle and the bathroom sink drain was leaking and crooked. We got it back with the kitchen fixed and no washer in the bathroom drain so it still leaked (they didn't have any washers in stock is what they told us). Now our slide out is leaking water under the dinette seat. We are one month past our warranty and have been informed of that by both General RV and Primetime. We put $6000 down on this unit and can't trade it in without losing more money. Very disappointed in the quality and craftmanship of our purchase and can't afford to get something else.
- Kristy Cox, Ohio

2019-07-17 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 318BHS View Listings

By far the worst travel trailer I have ever owned ! it is falling apart , Leaks, electrical , now leaked all winter from rubber roof ? floor is rotted insurance was denied $ 30.000 dollar trailer worth about $5000 and I owe $10,000 cant even trade it in Most dealers say no to water damage Thank you Prime Time for selling Junk !!I will Never deal with General Rv again Also !!
- Charles Doyle, Ohio

2019-07-03 2019 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

Really happy with our choice. Love the rear kitchen floor plan. No issues at all after our first 5 trips with it. Great couples trailer, loads of storage, comfortable furniture, and lots of living space! So many compliments from family and friends.....you won't be disappointed. Not a high end trailer but it is outfitted at a price that more than acceptable with many high end features. Our dealer (Patterson - Fredericton NB) is excellent and was instrumental in orienting us newbies to the RV world. We would recommend this rv to anyone starting out or looking for a very comfortable couples trailer.
- Mike, New Brunswick

2019-06-27 2016 Prime Time Avenger 30QBS View Listings

Our camper was less than 4 years old an the floor rotted out from water leakage. The unit was garage kept and prime time manufacturer wanted nothing to do with our claim. It also was put together horribly. the slide door in the unit was drilled to the ceiling and not into a stud so the tract came loose and the door fell as well. There are several issues with this unit but the company would not have any part of it. Clearly it was manufacture defect. We were very dissatisfied with the unit and the lack of customer concern and support from this company.
- Katie Gordon, South Carolina

2019-06-22 2019 Prime Time Crusader 337QBH View Listings

Well the crusader on the outside is great, I believe it is a well built camper in terms of the frame and wall construction. However the interior is kind of pathetic that walls aren't strait and its pretty obvious that the people putting it together have no pride at all. The rage hood does not vent outside so when a person is cooking it literally just fills the camper with smoke. Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea? Another issue that I had was there was no insulation between the bunk room and outdoor kitchen so it gets quite cool back there at night. Other then that there has been small things like cracked plastic and stuff that was fixed under warranty so not that big of a deal I guess. I think I would look at a different manufacturer next time.
- Kory Van Damme, Manitoba