Prime Time

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Cav from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our little camper for 4 weeks, now normally we understand new campers have bugs that need to work out and they will spend their fair share in the shop at first, however with this camper the flaws are pretty major. The siding what not installed correctly and literally starting coming off the coach at a mear 60mph on our way home from a trip, to our surprise it was actually due to it not being installed all the way into its channel during installation, our graphics are already bubbling and coming off, the grey and black tank valves broke from the inside and now we can't drain them. Along with the furnace will not stay on the the microwave lasted 1 day. Ladies and gents - we only owned this camper for 4 weeks and camped in it a total of 4 days. Not to mention it is stored in a climate controlled warehouse... I am awaiting to hear from prime time as to how they are going to handle this lemon I'll keep you posted.
- M Cav, Florida

2021-10-12 2017 Prime Time Spartan 1342 View Listings

We have loved this RV for the spacious floor plan, tremendous storage, ease of set up and tear down, and comfort. We searched and searched for the perfect RV and this was definitely the one! Warranty work (the little that was needed) was handled quickly and professionally!
- Tracy, Florida

2021-10-05 2019 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

When purchased was told I had on-site warranty and paid for extended warranty had leaking issues with trailer from day 1 called the dealer Transcona Trailer Sales Ltd in Winnipeg,Manitoba and got now where I got the run around now fighting with warranty company and told some stuff not covered and Transcona Trailer Sales Ltd won't do anything to help me out don't deal with Transcona Trailer Sales Ltd I give them a 1 star rating
- Peter Dumoulin, Ontario

2021-10-01 2021 Prime Time Tracer 31BHD View Listings

I DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASING ANY PRODUCT FROM FOREST RIVER. ESPECIALLY A PRIME TIME TRACER. We have a 31bhd, but I have also seen recalls for other models in this unit. We've had our unit for several months now and have had several MAJOR problems with our unit. When purchasing this unit, we were assured this to be one of the finer units, however, not even our technician, whom was supposed to give us a walk through after our unit purchase, could answer half of my questions about the unit. Stating that it is a new unit with new features. It was precisely their job to know ABOUT the unit. Without that being a major problem, we have had SEVERE electrical and water malfunctions since last winter. A massive water leak left us without water for WEEKS and repairs were weeks longer. Only to find out that we still have a leak. Besides the leaks we had been recently experiencing electrical issues in which ended up in A FIRE. The first time we contacted Forest River's Warranty Department, our representative, Lindsay, put us off for 3 MONTHS. Now that we've contacted them about the fire, they are refusing work with us on getting a mobile repair unit, although we've expressed that we do not have a means to move the unit at this time, as well as no where else to stay being that we also have four animals and are working out of state, using the unit as lodging. Other issues with our unit: A/C freezing thermostat light broken water heater leak warped panelling leaking fridge leaking water pump purchased with crooked dining table and when asked about it, our walk through tech actually broke it and had to repair it right in front of us and is still crooked after being repaired a SECOND time at the time of the first water leak being fixed a leak in the ceiling over the bed
- Laura Fusilier, Texas

2021-09-27 2017 Prime Time Tracer 3150BHD View Listings

Great feature is the bunkhouse. It has two bunk beds plus a couch that converts into a comfortable queen size bed. Bathroom is a nice size with tub/shower. Skylight above shower. Kitchen counter tops look like granite which give it a design appearance and wears well. Living room couch folds out to a full size bed. Cabinetry has beautiful smoked glass doors. Outdoor kitchen is fabulous! Large refrigerator, outdoor sink, cabinets and two side burners for cooking. Swing arm with attaching grill. Exterior ladder for accessing roof. Two outside exterior door. One door for main entrance and the other door accesses the bathroom from outside. Very nice feature so you don’t track dirt through the camper. Very nice unit.
- Jamie Phillips, Michigan

2021-09-27 2017 Prime Time Tracer 3150BHD View Listings

The rear bunkhouse offers extra sleeping capacity and plenty of storage. Two bunk beds plus a couch which folds out to a comfortable queen size bed. Bathroom is a nice size area with skylight over shower/tub. Beautiful counter tops in kitchen that look like granite inspired design. Main bed has storage located under bed. Cabinets in RV have smoked glass which is very appealing. Outdoor kitchen is fabulous! (Large refrigerator, sink, and cabinets above the refrigerator and side burners). Detachable outdoor grill with swinging arm. Exterior ladder to access roof. Two exterior doors- main entrance and one to access bathroom from outside. It’s been a great unit.
- Jamie, Michigan

2021-09-25 2021 Prime Time Tracer 24RKS View Listings

Bad workmanship leak in roof, hot water heater didn’t work,short in hot water heater plug, module bad , a patched tire put on new rev from factory decals damaged, other minor issues very bad quality and workmanship never buy prime time again.
- Wreyford mosley, Oklahoma

2021-09-15 2018 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

This a 30 foot bumper pull trailer with a rear kitchen, a large dining table that turns into full bed, two recliners, a couch with a pull out full bed, and a queen master bed. There is a bathroom with a full shower. Automatic slide and canopy. Automated hitch hook up.
- Terry Ortego, Louisiana

2021-09-12 2020 Prime Time Crusader Lite 29BB View Listings

Our first time out the water heater had to be replaced. The more time we spent inside our camper the more things we found wrong with it. Paneling not lining up,very poorly put together, staples in the ceiling coming out, batteries don't last, scratches here and there. If we had to do it over again we would pass.
- Ron Bodge, Montana

2021-09-08 2021 Prime Time Avenger 32DEN View Listings

We brought a 2021 Prime time Avenger camper trailer a month ago. We have had 3 issues since buying it. The fridge door is warped our vegetables and fruit went bad still waiting on the fix a new door is needed The screen door is short at the top has an opening of about a half inch bugs and Flys come through the opening. The fix was to add insulation peice to the corner it blocks the bugs out The door should have been replaced. I belive its a manufacturing error. My AC leaks inside onto my leather recliner there working on a fix waiting on that. I love trailer but these issues need to be resolved soon.
- Stewart Johnson, Manitoba

2021-09-07 2016 Prime Time Spartan 300 3010 View Listings

At first I like the trailer . But almost as soon as I got it it had to go to the shop the 7 months and had to go back to the factor and get repainted and ac work because the trailer flooded it self . Now I have had to fix a few more thing like the air conditioner didn’t blow hard ect. Now the furniture ( fake leather is started to flake off. … I only take it out about 3 times a year. Paint is crap and as well fades super fast.
- Shawn, Texas

2021-09-05 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BK View Listings

I have had a horrible time with this RV. For the 1st six months around it it was in the shop. Whoever was in charge of putting this one together was drunk high or hung over. There was trash sawdust and nails under linoleum. I argued with warranty for three months to get them to replace it. They wanted to patch the holes that the nails came through In a brand new camper. In addition I’ve had to replace the air conditioner three times,the refrigerator, awning motor 3 times before service found a short in the electrical system from the factory
- Shan Miller, Georgia

2021-09-02 2021 Prime Time Avenger LT 16FQ View Listings

We purchased this travel trailer for me to recover in after a bilateral mastectomy, because we were selling our house and had not found another house yet. My husband is back East for work (where we will be moving to). We have had nothing but issues since the day I moved into it. We had a water leak in the bathroom that turned out to be a hose for the outdoor shower that was cross-threaded with the plumbing. The exterior speaker did not work - the mobile technician said it was not hooked up. He corrected both. Within one to two weeks the GFCI in the bathroom began clicking (for 20-30 seconds at a time) then would trip the entire circuit. This happened once in a while, then increased in frequency. I was concerned I was overloading the circuit despite only having my TV, cell charger, and lamp plugged in. Then about two to three weeks ago, the refrigerator fan began blowing heavily (not a normal cycling refer fan), it would click like the GFCI, and then shut off. Mind you none of the circuit breakers would trip, nor would the fuses go out. Was told by a mobile technician, this is the inverter and I need to bring it to the dealership so they can make a claim against the manufacturer to fix it. So I may be essentially homeless and recovering from major surgery for up to a month. These issues should never happen with a BRAND NEW product! There are several other issues like the refrigerator doors were put on backward, the shower, drain, the kitchen sink, and other areas were either not caulked properly or not caulked at all. Trim for cabinets, shelving, and linen closet are cut short, there were holes in some of the shelving. The list could go on. I really loved this travel trailer when we bought it but it has been nothing but headaches and I am living in a tin shack, with no electricity or hot water. Pathetic!!! I would take it to the dealer and chance getting reimbursed for a new inverter except we are planning to close on our new house in AL in less than a month. So have to eat repair costs on a BRAND NEW travel trailer.
- Michele Bowers, Washington

2021-08-31 2014 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT View Listings

This is it barely is 2014 is well with three slide very roomy washer dryer hook up vacuum system full-size fridge gas grill microwave tons of storage both inside and out morning outside grill. Walk in shower only selling because my kids are grown
- Heather Lane, Texas

2021-08-28 2021 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We bought our Crusader 1 month ago, we have been camping for 25 years and traded a 6 year old travel trailer for this “new” 5th wheel, our first 5th wheel. Very happy with how it tows however the awning has not worked properly since we bought it. Electric hot water also has not worked since day one and today, day 28 hot water died completely. Residential refrigerator has also never functioned properly since day one. Lastly the decals are falling off, again we have owned this 28 DAYS! Trying to work with dealer at this time without success.
- Forrest Simpson, Maine

2021-08-27 2020 Prime Time LaCrosse 3370MB View Listings

Inside looks nice but low quality and the same as others the front of the trailer is peeling and looks like crap at 1 and half years old this should never happen other brands look better at 10yrs old camper pulls good but for the price I would not recommend
- Tommy Hughes, Arkansas

2021-08-25 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3370MB View Listings

My family loves this model camper. The middle bunk room was a huge advantage with have 2 boys. They had plenty of room to keep all of their belongings in their room keeping the rest of the camper very clean and clear. It’s also a great place to store all the luggage during traveling because it can be accessed without putting the slides out. The bathroom is also accessible without opening the slide which is great for long distance travels. When the slides are out it’s very spacious inside which is great for rainy days. The sofas are a better quality and more comfortable than the ones in my home. The fireplace was almost always warm enough to heat the whole camper with it. The only disadvantage of the camper was it only came with one air conditioner and this model needs 2 in areas with warmer climates. I added a second air conditioner in the bedroom and after that we could make it as cold as we wanted to even on the hottest day. I can’t really say anything good or bad about the warranty on this unit because I never had any issues with it that needed warranty work. We love the camper
- Joseph, Pennsylvania

2021-08-10 2021 Prime Time Lacrosse View Listings

Terrible warranty service through Forest River. Bought this trailer in April 30th, 2021. About 3 weeks ago it started showing brown marks on the ceiling in Living room and Kitchen. Supposedly it’s from the staple holes they used to hold the ceiling panels up and they have discolored. It’s been a fight between the dealer and Forest River whether the panels need to be replaced, according to the dealer…. and Forest River arguing it just needs to be repainted. And good luck getting to talk to Forest River, they are happy to take your $50000 and run. Save yourself a headache and a lot of money and do not buy from this manufacturer! They do not stand by what they sell!
- Elaine Parker, Michigan

2021-08-09 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32RED View Listings

We bought the Primetime Avenger new in 2015.I loved the layout of the trailer just the quality was awful. We had trouble from the beginning. We had trouble with the awning. It would go out but had to be rolled in by hand. This was fixed but still goes in very slow. The cushion on the booth was torn and I knew right away the material quality was low but I hoped for the best. The carpet was horrible and very cheap. When the slides came in after the first couple of years they were leaving dirty greasy like smears. Both recliners and sofa pealed but what put the icing on the cake is when we were traveling and the trailer started to fish tail so we took it to the next dealer we saw. They came and told us we were lucky we made it there because the frame was cracked almost into. After this experience, I will never buy another Avenger.
- Terry Hassell, Virginia

2021-08-06 2019 Prime Time Avenger LE 26DBSLE View Listings

Our Avenger is nothing but a lemon, would not recommend! All our walls let go and even after repairs it's let go again! The warranty is crap as it's only one year! Actually thinking of sewing the manufacturer as it was a lemon from the day we got it!! Should be able to get our money back!!
- Cathy, Ontario

2021-08-03 2021 Prime Time Crusader 315RSK View Listings

Bought camper in Jan 2021. Had it back to dealer in the first week for the following- Floor linoleum covered heat duct and refrigerator stopped working. Floor was repaired in minutes but part for refrigerator had to be ordered. Took 3 months to get the part and get fixed. Next the awning stopped working. Took it back and was it diagnosed as a bad circuit board. Again, part ordered and wait. 2 months later, part came in and I took camper in. Installed new board and they said it immediately fried it. Order more parts. Still, 8 months later, I have a new $50K camper with a awning that doesn’t work. The over all quality is bad. Microwave door would not open all the way, trim that is falling off, hutch panel fell off going down the road, insulation is terrible (storage compartments gets cooler than living area) and general workmanship is really bad. Looks like very unskilled work force put it together. Layout and color is good, it is what sold the camper. Workmanship is terrible, we will never own another.
- Draco Farms, Texas

2021-08-02 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

well u better have someone who knows to fix everthing.The floor next starting to rip apart had to brace floor install plank support.replace all plumbing had reg.the front water damage repair.ac ducts no good making celling fall.windows missing pecies.new jack.no insulation in places.awining motor.caulking everywhere.front bottle jack.door lock.ac not right poor job holes into celing no insulation.suck hot and cold.rang hood fan Stove oven had replace gas adjustments.roof rents didnt last year and i uv coat every three months walls panel bowing.
- Lisa hearn, Florida

2021-07-21 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 2911RB View Listings

Beautiful camper, with terrible quality! Let me list the things that have gone wrong- speaker had water damage after first week of camping, had to replace outdoor water shower due to major leak (was winterized properly) had to replace electrical cord- only half worked, AC quit in the middle of summer last year abs was told 4 week wait to get fixed……window seal leak….. and the worst of all- the paint is peeling off of the front and the manufacturer refuses to do anything about it! I’ve stored the camper in climate controlled area over winter all years. Sits in an annual lease rest of year. Never should paint peel like this!!! Do research people!!! I’ve seen numerous complaints on the same thing! I bought with a 3 year warranty and I’m told that doesn’t include paint because it’s “missing a factory sticker!” No where in any of my information does it say it has to have a sticker for the paint! The sticker- FYI is not the graphics sticker, it’s some sticker that identified the paint!!!! How would any consumer know this!!!!!
- Ellie Borrowman, Illinois

2021-07-21 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse View Listings

Do not buy anything from these people. They sell inferior products and do not stand behind their product. The clear coat is pealing off of a 3 year old camper and Prime Time refuses to do anything about it.
- Jason, Illinois

2021-07-20 2013 Prime Time Crusader 260RLD View Listings

Well where to start after about 1 year the nose cap started to crack all around where the screw are to hold it on. Contact Rick who handles warranty after a good long talk he said that Prime Time would pay half this is cause it was passed the warranty period time (this what all manufactures have it’s called AWA after warranty assistance) but I would have to paid for it up front. This was in spring 2015 so cap ordered trailer when in cost was $5600.00 cad. So I call this Rick and told him it was fitted and the cost then he said he did say that Prime Time would paid anything towards the repair. It took several call to Rick before he finally said they would paid and that did $1960.00 us if I remember right which end up being about 60-40 split me being the 60 but the repair/dealership was great repair done perfect no more cracking around the screws. Next it was the plumbing connectors leaking and no winterizing kit installed. So I repaired the plumbing install winterizing kit snd replaced the shower head ( this one I did to save water and increase water pressure). Now the electrical had to replace several connectors and also replace wiring with a 4 gauge welding cable with proper connects made a proper ground and installed a battery disconnect. Now the battery charges properly. Now the China bombs have only 12000 km these and had to replace them. The fenders were all cracking around all the screw they replace them. I reinforced behind the fenders. Now the good points with the good tires this trailer pulls like a dream. The bedroom area is a good size easy to get around. Living area is a good size dining area is just ok a little as am 6’4” so it’s going to be tight lol. Kitchen area work really well. Over all I do like this trailer but they do need to step up the quality but all trailer manufacturers have the same problems. The trailers are build as cheap as possible to get maximum profit. So all in all if anyone can find a perfect trailer at a reasonable price that we don’t have to fix I think we would all buy one. Now the last word I have finally got my trailer to a point where I can enjoy it now with pulling out the tools to fix things. Also remember that all manufacturers have AWA so don’t take no or answer cause they can help you out in a reasonable time frame from new purchase.
- Brent, Alberta