Prime Time RVs Reviews (256)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Have you owned any Prime Time RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2019-08-17 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3600 View Listings

THIS TRAILER IS THE INTELLIGENT CHOICE FOR COMFORTABLE LIVING. WELL INSULATED, WARM WITH A HEATER AND FIREPLACE. COOL FOR ALL SEASONS. IT IS PERFECT FOR A STARTER AND LIVING IN THE WOODS OR ON THE LAND. IT IS LIKE NEW AND VERY WELL BUILT, GENTLY USED AND CLEAN.
- PAM SUITER, Iowa

2019-08-16 2014 Prime Time Crusader 351REQ View Listings

Great product value for the price point. One 'major' (rear window replacement) and several minor repairs required under warranty within the first few months. All were handled as expected through dealer and Forest River. This floor plan is awesome for a couple, with large living/kitchen area, super sized washroom for changing clothes and getting 'ready'! Ideal for full time travel! Quick setup with the auto leveling!
- Malcolm, Oregon

2019-08-03 2016 Prime Time Avenger 18TH View Listings

Horrible. Motorcycle went through floor on its second ride. Despite having bought extended warranty, company refuses to fix claiming bike must have been tied down too tight. Avenger DOES NOT stand behind their product. Buyers beware!!! DO NOT buy this product. I’m disappointed beyond words can express. I plan on making a You Tube video showing this. Keep an eye out for it. Factory support deserves 5 NEGATIVE stars. Too bad the worse I can give is 1 star.
- Jean-Guy , Manitoba

2019-07-25 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

I purchased a 2017 Avenger ATI brand new and have had nothing but issues with it from the first time we used it. We have had water leaks every time we take it camping. The door to the bedroom fell off the ceiling the first time we drove it down the road. The outside panels are rusting and the paint is peeling off. The company will not stand behind their product and I would never buy any Prime Time RV again. I have owned several campers and never had issues like this one. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. Don't waste your money!
- Daniel Metts, North Carolina

2019-07-19 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Purchased this camper last April and was excited as it was our first brand new one. Before we even went camping we had to take it back for repairs. The partial wall between the dinette and sofa was popping off because they put the screws in but wasn't attached to anything, the bedroom door handle is not lined up with the latch so you see the hole they cut in the door (never fixed) and the carpet tacks were sticking up so far that it hurt to walk on the carpet. Visit 2 was to fix the water line to the kitchen sink that had been installed and kinked at a 90 degree angle and the bathroom sink drain was leaking and crooked. We got it back with the kitchen fixed and no washer in the bathroom drain so it still leaked (they didn't have any washers in stock is what they told us). Now our slide out is leaking water under the dinette seat. We are one month past our warranty and have been informed of that by both General RV and Primetime. We put $6000 down on this unit and can't trade it in without losing more money. Very disappointed in the quality and craftmanship of our purchase and can't afford to get something else.
- Kristy Cox, Ohio

2019-07-17 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 318BHS View Listings

By far the worst travel trailer I have ever owned ! it is falling apart , Leaks, electrical , now leaked all winter from rubber roof ? floor is rotted insurance was denied $ 30.000 dollar trailer worth about $5000 and I owe $10,000 cant even trade it in Most dealers say no to water damage Thank you Prime Time for selling Junk !!I will Never deal with General Rv again Also !!
- Charles Doyle, Ohio

2019-07-03 2019 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

Really happy with our choice. Love the rear kitchen floor plan. No issues at all after our first 5 trips with it. Great couples trailer, loads of storage, comfortable furniture, and lots of living space! So many compliments from family and friends.....you won't be disappointed. Not a high end trailer but it is outfitted at a price that more than acceptable with many high end features. Our dealer (Patterson - Fredericton NB) is excellent and was instrumental in orienting us newbies to the RV world. We would recommend this rv to anyone starting out or looking for a very comfortable couples trailer.
- Mike, New Brunswick

2019-06-27 2016 Prime Time Avenger 30QBS View Listings

Our camper was less than 4 years old an the floor rotted out from water leakage. The unit was garage kept and prime time manufacturer wanted nothing to do with our claim. It also was put together horribly. the slide door in the unit was drilled to the ceiling and not into a stud so the tract came loose and the door fell as well. There are several issues with this unit but the company would not have any part of it. Clearly it was manufacture defect. We were very dissatisfied with the unit and the lack of customer concern and support from this company.
- Katie Gordon, South Carolina

2019-06-22 2019 Prime Time Crusader 337QBH View Listings

Well the crusader on the outside is great, I believe it is a well built camper in terms of the frame and wall construction. However the interior is kind of pathetic that walls aren't strait and its pretty obvious that the people putting it together have no pride at all. The rage hood does not vent outside so when a person is cooking it literally just fills the camper with smoke. Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea? Another issue that I had was there was no insulation between the bunk room and outdoor kitchen so it gets quite cool back there at night. Other then that there has been small things like cracked plastic and stuff that was fixed under warranty so not that big of a deal I guess. I think I would look at a different manufacturer next time.
- Kory Van Damme, Manitoba

2019-06-21 2017 Prime Time Tracer 275AIR View Listings

I purchased a Forest River 2017 tracer in October 2017 along with a 7 year extended warranty, from an authorized Forest River dealer. We kept it in their storage for the following 6 months. In August 2018 we took it on a trip, upon return to our home we took it back to the same authorized dealer and had them look at the air conditioning unit and winterize the RV. In May of 2019 we un-winterized the RV in preparation for our next trip. When adding water to the RV we noticed water leaking from the hose connected to the water heater. We took it back to the Forest River authorized dealer, that is now under a new business name and also contacted the company of the extended warranty. They said it would be covered just take them the paperwork. The service center looked at the water heater and determined the RV hadn't be properly winterized and it couldn't be covered under warranty. 1. We had a Forest River authorized dealer winterize the RV. 2. We took it back to a Forest River authorized dealer for repair. 3. We have an extended warranty for coverage. I contacted Forest River and they refuse to stand behind their dealers. I got told since they are a franchise it is their responsibility and that Forest River takes no responsibility but I could contact AtWood the manufacture of the water heater and they may be able to do something. I contacted Atwood and they said due to the improper winterizing they couldn't do anything and referred me back to Forest River. I've now contacted an attorney to see what my next steps need to be. I'm disappointed that Forest River doesn't stand behind their franchised dealers and take no responsibility for their actions. Really poor customer service. I won't buy from Forest River again an this is the 3rd RV I've purchased from a Forest River dealer.
- Teresa, Colorado

2019-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

What initially sold us on this RV is the living space. It has all of the amenities of home. The quality of materials and construction is better than your average unit. It has the climate package with better insulation and heaters for the tanks. The suspension rides really well. I have no problem pulling it with my 2500 for the size of the unit. Storage is a plenty, which was important for full-timing. The extended warranty has taken care of any issues we have had, even covered items we didn't think they would. Very satisfied, overall, with this model.
- Steve Botschon, Texas

2019-06-17 2018 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 26DBS View Listings

We purchased this camper new from colerainrv in Cincinnati. We are very pleased with our purchase....it is a great camper with lots of features. I see complaints in these forums but we have had no problems whatsoever. The only complaint/concern with this unit is the bunks are tight for an adult to access (it is no issue for kids). We have done several upgrades including back up camera, bed topper, power jack, etc. i also bought and installed additional shelves inside the cabinets. Overall, we are very happy and highly recommend this unit
- Bryan, Kentucky

2019-06-10 2019 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

We love the rv. The problem is the warranty and customer service after taking possession. Our trailer leaked and have major water damage true the winter months from a defective or lack of seal around furnace cover. The dealer has filed a warranty claim but Primetime is refusing to help. We regret so bad to purchase their product. Anyone shopping for a new RV, STAY CLEAR OF PRIMETIME. There is many other manufacturer out there. I wish I could go back and start over. I know where we wouldn't buy from.
- Gilles Laflamme , Nova Scotia

2019-06-01 2019 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

We purchased our trailer in March 2018 so we could set it up for the season at our seasonal site early. Used it all summer with no issues. Closed it in Oct for the winter and when we opened it in April 2019, it had leaked from the furnace vent all winter. Our local dealer agreed with us and filed a warranty claim to Forest River. No help from them because they say we are 2 weeks past the 12 months time. It is clearly a manufacturing defect Do not make the same mistake we did. Stay away from FOREST RIVER
- Gilles Laflamme, Nova Scotia

2019-05-30 2013 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Bought our Prime Time Crusader 295RST 32 footer used after checking overall ratings online. Crusader came in the top 10 out of 6-700 similar 5th wheels. Easy to pull and a pleasure to live in and show off. Kept the 295RST for 3 seasons and bought another used bigger brother 2014 Crusader 320RLT 36 footer for more room for extended wintering. The new 5th has all the usual "glamping" amenities as the 295RST. Primetime Crusader are a step above your typical 5th wheeler
- David, Michigan

2019-05-22 2014 Prime Time Crusader 285RET View Listings

My family thoroughly enjoyed the 5th wheel. Plenty of storage and the outdoor kitchen is a fantastic option. Cooking breakfast outside without waking up the family was priceless. Having the outdoor fridge also makes it convenient to grab a beverage without tracking in and out of the trailer.
- Joe Jezioro , New York

2019-04-30 2018 Prime Time Tracer 2940RKS View Listings

We love this trailer, especially the large kitchen, leather furniture and fireplace! We simply decided we were better suited to a motor home and have since purchased one. This travel trailer is like brand new and well below the resale price. It was over $50,000 new....this is a great deal. We have also added extra towing devices to make your trip more comfortable.
- Donna Karolick, Florida

2019-04-29 2015 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT View Listings

My husband and I bought this trailer brand new. The things that appealed to us were the amount of storage in every room, the roominess of the shower, the ability to sleep many family members and of course the quality workmanship of the trailer. We have never had any issues with the Tracer, so we never had to use the warranty. You can't say that about every brand of camper! You and your family and friends will have years of entertainment in this large trailer!
- Patti Lucas, Georgia

2019-04-23 2018 Prime Time Avenger 27RBS View Listings

Love the layout, and easy to tow, however at only 8 months old i have had to fix the toilet, fridge, a/c, and now in the middle of replacing all the paneling in the bedroom from water damage. I said that right 8 months old and the mold in the walls is like it was leaking the day a brought it home. only noticed the issue because the floor under the bed was soft and the "wall paper" was bubbling. after hearing the horror stories of lengthy repairs and denied warranty claims i am just having it repaired myself so i know its done right.
- Dan, Florida

2019-04-22 2016 Prime Time Avenger 18TH View Listings

Perfect for two. Love off road camping. Bed is a bit small but everything else is great. Love the electric awning and electric hitch. Has full size appliances and good bathroom space. Axels were low but after flipping them it can go everywhere. Like the 2 batteries and 2 5 gallon propane tanks. Heats up and cools off fast!
- Zeffie Nelson-Barton, Utah

2019-04-21 2015 Prime Time Tracer 2750RBS View Listings

I love this camper and would definitely be able to live in it as a full time RV’er if the timing were right. We are not quite there yet so we are downing sizing for now because we aren’t using it as much as we had hoped at this time in our life. When friends and family step into our camper they are always amazed at the storage and the amount of light that comes in. Everything works and this has been a wonderful camper for us. The timing for taking off on longer trips just isn’t working as planned right now. Hoping to find a new owner who will love it as much as we have!
- Debbie, Michigan

2019-04-07 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

I have a 2014 Avenger prime time, when I went looking for a camper , it was the first one the dealer showed me, I was impressed with the layout, but I should have known when the dealer wouldn't move on and show more , he wanted to sell that unit that day, he finally talked me into it , I paid way to much for it , we should all boycott buying these campers until the prices goes down , I can't even afford to trade this in for better. So many things wrong with this , all little problems , really nothing major , or so i thought . So after 1 year , and keeping it in and indoor storage for the winter , I took it out on the first spring camping trip, I had friends with me , and my friend stepped in the living room area and actually fell through the floor , I was so embarrassed , and thankful that she didn't get injured . Took it to the dealer , it wasn't covered of course , so it was a 5,000 dollar fix , had to replace the whole back end of the floor all the , carpet , it took them for ever , couldn't camp for half of the summer . At first the dealer wouldn't tell me what caused the water damage , couldn't find nothing leaking , tested all the seals , nothing . so they finally told me that the seal around the slide was leaking at the top and the water was running down the the side of the camper and going under the floor . which I don't really believe. I think if this kind of thing happens to a camper it should be covered by the manufacture ,there the ones that didn't install the seal correctly , if they had to pay for these damages , they would build them better .I couldn't even get a lawyer to back me up , to sue them for the damages because they have this all locked in ,and the customer is just screwed .
- Diana Birdsall, Michigan

2019-03-24 2018 Prime Time Avenger 33RCI View Listings

Has spacious windows to view outside from your free standing dinette and 4 pull out chairs. Talk with your family member while they wash dishes at the kitchen island or cooking at their range/oven. Recline in the two soft theater seat recliners watching sports channels (antenna included) and your drinks across from the large color TV and entertainment center. Sleep on a queen size bed in a private room with its own A/C away from the combined and rear living area. Spacious storage features throughout inside and also outside the RV. Even has an outside TV hookup, too!! Enjoy nature outdoors with friends and family and staying cool under the two awnings with LED lighting listening to music from the outside speakers and making meals on the two burner cooktop at the outside kitchen. Coming back from your adventures, you can shower off using the available outside shower.
- Lacy Family, Texas

2019-03-14 2019 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

I have owned many rigs, this one is the absolute worst! I just traded it yesterday --thank goodness. Even though this product, Prime Time, comes in through the "Forrest River" umbrella, it is the worst of the bunch, no doubt. General RV supposedly owns 25% of Prime TimeThe only way I unloaded it was pictures of rusted bolts holding the infrastructure together (Prime Time did not even use galvanized bolts that are exposed to the underside) and I was buying a plane ticket to go to Prime Time corporate in Michigan and General RV cut me a deal on a Keystone (only slightly better product) (this time period is NOT the golden age of RV quality) If you are even remotely thinking about a Prime Time product, please do yourself a favor. The other problem areas are cabinets (big time problems there. . . take the dinette storage off and INSPECT what is there) cabinetry is horrible throughout and also the electronics are as bad as they get. . . Factory support is also not good, at all. There are decent Forrest River products out there, this is not one.
- Steve Young, Florida