Prime Time Reviews on RV Insider (354)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Cav from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our little camper for 4 weeks, now normally we understand new campers have bugs that need to work out and they will spend their fair share in the shop at first, however with this camper the flaws are pretty major. The siding what not installed correctly and literally starting coming off the coach at a mear 60mph on our way home from a trip, to our surprise it was actually due to it not being installed all the way into its channel during installation, our graphics are already bubbling and coming off, the grey and black tank valves broke from the inside and now we can't drain them. Along with the furnace will not stay on the the microwave lasted 1 day. Ladies and gents - we only owned this camper for 4 weeks and camped in it a total of 4 days. Not to mention it is stored in a climate controlled warehouse... I am awaiting to hear from prime time as to how they are going to handle this lemon I'll keep you posted.
- M Cav, Florida

2021-05-13 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

We purchased new from dealer 2017. Love the floor plan. Alpin Haus, dealer, lied about the warranty, air conditioner is def under powered, had an issue last season with the fiberglass siding flying off the side driving down the road. Got no assistance or reasoning from mfg. Cost 3k to get fixed! coming home today from NC the other side of the camper flew off! Very poor quality, def defect in this model at least! Do your homework before purchasing from Primetime! Very unhappy customer! This could have killed someone!
- Louann Tetrault, New York

2021-05-05 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Loved everything about this travel trailer. It has room for everyone with the queen bed, double bunks, sofa and u-shaped dinette. Great tv. Love the outdoor kitchen. The awning with lights and the exterior speakers enlarge your living space.
- Denise Kish, Michigan

2021-04-28 2020 Prime Time PTX 160BH View Listings

Like trailer a lot. Used 3 times and siding is cracking. Sent pictures of crack. Was told it is a seam. There's no seam's on rear of camper. Sent more pictures. No response back. Have had to call them to get an email answer back. If I can get rid of this one, I will never buy a Forest River product again. They don't stand behind there products. I know it's not top end, but was hoping it would last longer.
- Paul Leblond, Maine

2021-04-17 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BK View Listings

Not happy at all. Furnace has to be constantly blown out. Thermostat broke off wall. Just twist the locks on outside storage, no need for keys. Oven will not light. Bathroom door was screwed in sideways. Blinds fell off first month. Table will not tighten, cushions held on by velcro which wore out the first use. Outside door hook fell off. Faucet does not turn off. Screws through out the camper are all stripped and put in sideways. The couch and table convert to beds. Great if you are only 4 foot tall. We purchased this 2018 in 2019 at end of season. Did not get to use much in 2020 because of covid. I can't imagine what condition it would be in if we did actually use more often. The fridge, air conditioning and microwave work great!
- John L FISHER, Ohio

2021-04-15 2020 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

Overall the RV was good with good space, recommended for a couple, Too small for a ful family. Bedroom is too small to walk. Bunks are completely fine. Couch is very high quality. The big thing is the unreliablity, the brakes shattered on the way home halfway through on a 3 hour trip, which is expected on a used trailer but ours Was brand new. Overall pleased with most qualities but unreliablity is a very big factor. Overall I recommend this camper to a couple or a single parent with a kid or two.
- Connor Joerndt, Ohio

2021-04-14 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 29RBS View Listings

This is our second 27RBS and we couldn't be happier! We bought a new 2017 at an RV show in Atlanta. Fell in love with the huge bathroom and the simple roomy floor plan. Had lots of adventures for 3 years with zero problems. I'm a big guy. 6'4" and about 350 pounds so I need a good sized shower with head room. Also want to mention that I've walked on the roof many times and it's been as strong as an ox. We went back to that same show last year. Every upgrade we had planned to do to our 2017 was already done in the 2020 plus some we didn't think of. With the newer entertainment space, there's room to upgrade from a 50" TV to a 65" TV =) Since we loved our first one so much, it was an easy decision to trade in our 2017 for the new 10th Anniversary Edition. We have had an absolute blast with it. Over a year later and zero problems.
- Ron Henley, Georgia

2021-04-14 2017 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

This is the worst rv ever made. The plumbing is a nightmare of different size tubing that leaks and cannot be sealed correctly. The slide outs leak because rain water wicks up from the flooring water barrier and rots the floor out. None of the entertainment center was connected from the factory. Just a bundle of wires stuffed behind the radio. The shower leaked due to inadequate support underneath. The exterior lighting failed. Condensation builds up and molds anything in the storage compartments. The handles for the grey and black tanks feel like they're going to break. This is a bad manufacturer!
- Zevin Stroum, Washington

2021-04-12 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 336RKT View Listings

Nothing but problems since day one DO NOT BUY. Factory warranty has been denied 3 times. I repeat do not buy this camper horrible treatment for me do not buy. Water heater was bad and has a leak on the slide out but for some reason was my fault
- greg bowman, Tennessee

2021-04-01 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

I own one. Been a great fifth wheel. All warranty work necessary completed and Prime Time repainted front cap paint 1 year out of warranty. Full living space when sliders are out, multiple closet and dresser space.
- Gary Grell, Florida

2021-03-26 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RB View Listings

We bought this camper new in 2018. Brought it home from dealer. On the 1 hour drive home the closet shelf fell off the wall. The supports on the wall pull out of the wall. Fixed it myself because the dealer was an hour away. Had a few minor issues here and there. Fixed them myself. This week we got it out of storage and found water damage in the front storage compartment. Almost three years old and it has extensive water damage. This unit was always stored indoors in the winter. It was only out when we were camping. Extremely poorly built. Dealer says leaks are not covered under warranty. I would say maybe just one bad one from the manufacturer but my sister also bought the same model a month after I did. She has had nothing but problems from hers too. Stay away from this manufacturer.
- Tim, Illinois

2021-03-13 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

This RV was a problem since purchase. The counter was chipped, sink peeled, when we turned furnace on it almost started a fire from stuff that wasnt properly taken care of when it was unpackaged. Now the paint is peeling off the front. Not a good quality RV for the price we paid!
- Bette states, New York

2021-03-10 2021 Prime Time Crusader View Listings

Wife and I purchased this two months ago and just picked it up we found it odd that when we made an appointment to pick it up and when we did we had to wait 45 minutes for someone to help us and then we were didn't get the help we ask for so we took it home then we went over it again and found several bolts that hold the sidewalk on were sticking out by 3in and several screws missing that hold the fiberglass up underneath the 5th wheel king pin, the screen door would not close the latch had to be chimed out a 1/4inch, one side screen also had to be repaired. I live to far away to keep moving this unit back and forth for miner repairs so I fixed them just not happy with the cold shoulder treatment from general rv. Also other problems I'll have to live with
- Eldon burks, Michigan

2021-03-08 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3791 View Listings

We purchased our sanibel in 2018. traded in our smaller unit for what we thought was a much better unit well to say the least we were dead wrong. This is a huge piece of junk. Fireplace mantel fall out of wall. kitchen and shower faucet had to be replaced.The heater does not work.one of the air conditioners was not working because it have never been wired up.The battery completely fall out of the unit go down the road the tray was never bolted in place.The shower and bathroom door have falling out.the front of the unit peeled off and has to be refinished.Theres so much more but to top it all off now there are large stress cracks in the main body.me and my wife were looking so forward to traveling and its turned into nothing but a miserable experience.I can't understand how a company knowingly can put out such junk.
- Harry Kalustian, Texas

2021-03-05 2017 Prime Time Tracer 265AIR View Listings

Update on previous review still really like my tracer 265 air just found out side seals on slide are ripping apart dealer is having trouble figuring out which seals fit I would think they should last longer lubed them like recommended poor quality material
- Rich, New York

2021-03-04 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 28REI View Listings

We live our camper. Plenty of room so your not bumping into everyone. We haven’t had any real issues. It tows well and set up is a breeze. The dual side and awnings are a life saver when it’s hot. The ac keeps its cool
- Christine Sittler, Virginia

2021-02-21 2017 Prime Time Tracer Air 2671BHS View Listings

This Travel Trailer is extremely family friendly. There is plenty of sleeping space and storage. There is extra space to hang inside if the weather is bad and it is easy to cook inside or out. Tv can hook up to cable at your site and the interior is just really great for all
- crystleskinner, New Jersey

2021-02-04 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3102RSWB View Listings

So far we are very pleased. It had a few minor problems. Nothing that I wasn't able to fix myself. We had a blind above the stove missing and the hand rail on the stairs was not installed. The dealership took care of the missing items within a week. The camper is very comfortable and spacious. The king mattress was replaced immediately. It is my only complaint. All manufacturers should just keep the mattresses so we don't have to take them to the landfill. This is the reason for only 4 ☆ on livability.
- Steve S., Pennsylvania

2020-12-24 2016 Prime Time Crusader 322RES View Listings

The Crusader 322RES was the perfect RV for my husband and myself. There was plenty of room inside, enough even when the grandkids showed up. The living room slide with its panoramic windows makes the experience of camping even better--you really feel like you are in the out doors. The RV is very well constructed and performed outstandingly. While we never lived it in full time, it would be a pleasure to experience.
- Judith, Missouri

2020-12-01 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26RDS View Listings

My wife and I have purchased a 2020 avenger ATI from Campers Inn (Pittsburgh) Pennsylvania on 8-8-20, the sales department was extremely excellent, On 9-4-20 we went on our first trip, that's when it started to go bad,,,, Driver's side electrical wires burned off on the tires in transit, the floor buckled on the passenger side of the main floor sticking the passenger side slide out in , the inside paneling started to pop off between all the seams, and being able to cool down and really look over the inside noticed that most of the moldings never were completed,,, also the seals around the slide out were not fully attached (glue missing) with all that said called the sales department and still nothing being done, countless attempts to get trailer reimbursement, NOTE (WE PURCHASED A NEW TRAVEL TRAILER) not a rebuilt one,,,, both Campers INN, and Prime Time MFG. Not easy to talk to ,,,, My wife and I are now pushed to seek legal assistance 11-30-2020 So all I can say is to avoid the bright lights and the sales team and thoroughly look over (in depth) before you purchase a camper,,,
- Dean Nicholas, Pennsylvania

2020-11-27 2015 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 324RST View Listings

The worst travel trailer built. Replaced air conditioner, before even using. All ignite flints for stove replaced after 3 months. Bedroom slide out motors replaced first year. Toilet replaced 18 months later. Dinette chairs are so cheaply made, a person can not sit on the chairs. Bent in half after first sitting on. Main water line leaked so bad it dropped the under exterior. Furnace was replaced, found out from a RV repair guy that the furnace was recalled but of course we were not notified. Staples are showing in the walls. Windows are extremely difficult to open. Several leaks, through stove fan vent, furnace exhaust. Slide out where the dinete table chairs and recliners are leaks. Also is not even at the bottom near the door, it sticks out about 2" .The quality of this trailer is so poorly made. Light switch covers loose. Owning this trailer has been a very difficult experience. I would never recommend someone to purchase a 2015 LaCrosse 324 RST With all the problems and stress this has caused, I feel we deserve a reward for dealing with all the issues
- Sylvia Terryberry, Ontario

2020-11-24 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I bought a one owner used 2014 Prime Time 295RST in October 2019 from General RV in Draper, Utah. I am actually very pleased with this purchase. The RV was in their shop and had full hookups at the time I did my final inspection. Their asking price was only slightly above the KBB price and I was able to negotiate to under slightly less. Afterward they replaced the 2014 manufacture year tires at no additional cost. I purchased the Andersen Ultimate hitch for towing, and when I showed up they installed the conversion on the king pin for me, at no cost. This RV was actually manufactured in late 2013, hence the 2014 model year. I had read that Prime Time, which was founded in 2009, had very good quality builds in the early years leading up to Forest River buying them out, and that quality has since declined. Our RV shows very good quality. Nothing separating, torn, or loose - inside or out. All of the 120v electrical outlets worked fine when tested. All of the running lights work fine. I did go through and replace everything with LED lights. All of the slides work properly and provide expansive space and storage. The automatic awning works well, but the fabric will need replacing at some point. I did an environmentally safe chlorine wash and used awning tape to repair some worn points. All propane tanks and connections work fine. All holding tanks work and drain well. All of the water and power hookups work well. I did a deep clean on the exterior grill which was heavily used (so we know this RV must have been well used) and it looked like new afterwards. The included mattress is comfortable and even more so after adding a 3" natural foam topper. The theater seating and fold out loveseat are both in great condition (almost like they were never used). The dining table and chairs are also in great condition. The stove, oven, microwave, sound bar and fireplace are all in great working condition. I did replace the TV with a smart TV. The stereo system and all interior/exterior speakers work. The water heater works great and provides hot water in about 30 minutes, it is aluminum so it doesn't need an anode. The toilet is porcelain and works well. The shower is adequately sized but there is no built in seat, so we bought a shower stool. All of the original window coverings are in like new condition and are day/night shades. The pass through storage is not as tall as some but very adequate for all our storage needs. The exterior looks like new, all except the decal at the top of the front end cap which is cracked and faded. That is a known issue but doesn't bother me enough to go have it painted, yet that is. The leaf springs are probably under rated for this 8700 lbs. dry weight 5th wheel. I noticed some sway when towing, so I took it to a shop and upgraded to 6-leaf springs with a 2" spacer block to raise the trailer about 3" total. This brought it closer in line with my Dodge 2500 that has a leveling kit. The auto-leveling system is questionable and will raise the tires off the ground while leveling. Not a real concern for me because I always manually level using the mode selections on the unit. The Dicor on the roof had some minor cracking so I resealed everything upon purchase. The roof covering was in excellent condition. There were no signs of any water leakage and there has been none since buying. The water pump went out after my purchase. It was working fine, then during a prep the next spring for a camping trip it quit. Purchased a newer and better pump but removing the old (and original pump) was a hassle because the pump is behind the pass through storage wall. And the water heater bypass and shutoff valves are behind the pump and even harder to reach. The Thermostat is not working correctly, as the AC never turns off at the desired temp setting. Not sure if the heat does the same. But both work fine when turned on. I do like the recessed ceiling vents and that the heat vents are all in the flooring. Not an issue this summer as most of our camping only required the vent fan or short periods of cooling/heating. I plan to replace it this coming spring. Our RV came with a frame welded tow hitch installed, and surmising that the previous owner was into towing I checked the frame and welds and found no issues. The underbelly covering was cut away where the hitch was welded, but I patched the cut out areas. The remainder of the underbelly skirt is in good condition. We have towed an Aluma trailer with Polaris touring ATV, weighing about 1300 lbs combined and have had no issues of any kind. I installed a battery cutoff switch at the positive lead before it goes into the camper wiring because the RV cutoff switch does not cutoff all power, such as the auto-jacks and bedroom stereo system. The original single battery box hung down below the front storage compartment through a cutout. I reconfigured with a dual battery box inside the compartment.
- Bob Jones, Utah

2020-11-15 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Prime Time Avenger 2019 bought brand new. Stay away from this manufacture. Also, do research on the place you are buying your RV from. Could be a double ding (sting)!! Only 1 propane tank worked...sill waiting for a new one (going on 9 months! WHY???) Seal around outside of slider started deteriorating after 5 months. Bedroom wall warped causing the door not to close properly. Bedroom door now warped from traveling. Going on 6 months for replacement. STILL WAITING! Black water reader broken, again! P-traps under both sinks separate while traveling. Relative easy fix but annoying. Wall paper is coming off. Recliner LED lights broken, replaced, broken again. Built in Stereo system is a joke. Stove will won't light. Asked 3x to fix. This is when I say...check every item on your repair list BEFORE you take it home from he shop!! And the list goes on and on! And the RV Center we bought it from NEVER call us with updates. I swear it would just sit in the shop for a year if I didn't make phone calls. Make sure you exhaust your 1 year warranty for repairs before it expires. Buy the extended warranty!!! Our next RV will be researched extensively BEFORE we buy.
- Cheryl Anderson, Washington

2020-11-01 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 38QB View Listings

My sister and I traveled full time in this 5th wheel. We love it. We found it pulls nicely with our 3500 RAM. We love the floor plan. Very roomy living area and we each have a bedroom. Have had some issues but Primetime worked with us to resolve those. We periodically tweak nuts, bolts and screws (due to thethe earthquake effect). We also have it serviced periodically. We would definitely recommend this unit.
- blthompson449, Colorado

2020-10-28 2016 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Very disappointed as this was my first new RV and from the first day I had problems. Rear lights wouldn't work due to an issue in the harness which the dealer did fix. The main dining slide would not go in and out smoothly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they found the whole slide was not square and so had to adjust to optimal position so it would at least work smoothly. Trim had to be fixed and reattached properly, around kitchen. The big issue is the floor in the dining slide was completely wet over half the slide and the floor was sagging and I had to strip out the floor and replace it. The design is such that water runs down the ends of the slide and wicks into the floor which is 3/4" chip board that I replaced with pressure treated plywood. I then sealed everything with silicon and new material under the slide. Luckily I am reasonably handy at this work so my only expense was the plywood. Overall very poor quality control or inspection obviously on the finished product before it leaves the shop. I called Prime Time and they would not go good for any repair work because it was too far out of the warranty period even though I have read numerous reviews with similar issues. The floor problem is a design and construction issue. From all the quality problems with these units I would say a class action would be warranted. Would not buy anything made by Prime Time again.
- John Bunyan, Nova Scotia