Prime Time Reviews on RV Insider (313)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2020-07-11 2019 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 26DBS View Listings

Our tracer breeze has had some issues from day one. Our push out has some issues and the bandaid is to lubricate it. Second issue the drawer guides are not stopping the drawers from opening when you travel. Their fix to our trailer outlet was to place plastic clips on the drawer instead of doing the right thing and replace the guides. The wheel bearing need adjustment and the comment was the warranty has expired. These were an issue from day one, when stopping it was like driving on a washboard. As well if they stand behind their product they should respond to the client calls.
- Domenic, Alberta

2020-07-09 2020 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 25RBS View Listings

Purchased the Tracer Breeze in June after being away from camping for the last 12 years. We owned 3 different travel trailers prior to this and very disappointed in this unit. Floor plan, outdoor kitchen and everything on this model looks great. When we got it home we are very disappointed in the quality. Obvious they use lighter material to get the "lite" classification, I assumed it would still be assembled well. Wrong. If you are a handy man you can fix most of the minor issues and deal with it. I worry long term will it hold up. Salesman assured us this unit was good and could handle cross country trips, I am not so sure. Paid a lot of money for a cheaply made box on wheels. We have saw dust all over the dinette from the ceiling everytime we travel. Some cabinet walls & bathroom access panel are not attached. You cannot stand or sit on the dinette when the slideout is in or it rips the whole dinette area out of the floor and is no longer attached - no they don't tell you that until you ask them to fix it and now it's your fault because you sat on it. Ours actually came that way so during showings someone sat or stood on it, salesmen don't know either. I would like to be able to use the dinette in a rest area for lunch without putting the slide out, and you can't. They just added more screws to hold it down and now cracked the base board and it still pulled out when I lost my balance and stepped on it again. Rained yesterday for the first time and yes water on the bathroom floor, have to figure out where that came from. We always put an awning over the slideout to keep the debris out of the slide mechanism, service tells us you cannot on this unit because there is nothing in the wall to attach it to. They give you great speakers inside & out. What a joke you don't need both speakers you can hear the radio thru the walls. Don't expect to play the outdoor speaker at night and have someone inside trying to sleep. Would be nice to have some sort of latch on the outdoor refrigerator so it doesn't come open in travel, it doesn't run when not connected by electricity but would stay cold for travel if it would stay closed. I am sure there will be more to follow. Just not sure how it gets such good reviews except the categories it is rating. Would not recommend and now understand why people don't keep them more then 4 years ...my opinion it won't last.
- Elaine Shaddach, Michigan

2020-06-30 2012 Prime Time Sanibel 3500 View Listings

This has been the best rv I have had Perfect a couple traveling around the county for long periods of time, The residential shower is awesome, the sleep number mattress is a must. I highly recommend taking a look at this well maintained and loved rv
- Roger Stuksa, Texas

2020-06-29 2016 Prime Time Avenger 25TH View Listings

Not a good experience, Sofa bed fell off the wall in the middle of night while someone was asleep on it, Sink in bathroom leaked, faucets in cooking area got so loose they just wobbled, Retainers holding gas line are not tight and some were not even in place, already replaced all brakes and bearings, Cd player never had internal pin removed so had to pull it out after researching manual. Tape holding walls together not sticking, Awning LED strip smoked, yep I said smoked! Drawer slide fell down only stapled in place??? Front Propane tank mount only two scews used and they broke off, to this day I wonder why tanks did not bounce down the road? Over all a Piece of crap very poorly built. No I did not take it back because felt the ability to get repaired it was better off doing it myself !!!! Just walk away
- Charles Moore, Virginia

2020-06-22 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Very spacious, beds are comfortable, plenty of sleeping space. Nice entertainment package, nice kitchen and cool features with light up backsplash and led knobs for oven, 50 inch tv, outside fridge and shower and stove.
- austin miller, Maryland

2020-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Beautiful RV with luxury livability. Tons of storage and pulls extremely well! Love the solid rims and fiberglass exterior. The bathroom is great, shower and toilet are almost residential quality! The kitchen IS residential and very usable.
- Charles Tuttle, Texas

2020-06-17 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3211RK View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer in 2019 from the original owner and loved the quality initially. The large living space and king size bed are great for relaxing. The problem came when I pulled it out of storage this year and noticed a spot on the front end cap that began to peel. I took it on a two week trip and by the time I returned there was another spot. I emailed Prime Time and was told that, because I am the second owner of this two year old trailer they will not honor their 5 year Armour Tec warranty. After searching online forms I learned that many of these trailers’ end caps have the same problem. I will not bother with a trailer that has paint peeling after two years and recommend you consider other brands as well.
- J Flowers , North Carolina

2020-06-16 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I OWN A 2017 CRUSADER LOVE IT THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE TIRES THEY COME WITH. THE TIRES PEELED LIKE AN ORANGE AND EXPLODED WHILE LEAVING US ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE FOR 8 HRS. WITH A LOT OF DAMAGE. THE GOOD THING IS EVERYONE IS SAFE. PLEASE I PRAY YOU REPLACE THE FACTORY TIRES. THEY PUT CHEAP TIRES ON YOUR EXPENSIVE TRAILER AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE COST AND DANGER.
- jimmyvincent68, Louisiana

2020-06-12 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Terrible manufacturing. This is really a piece of junk. Turned the shower on and the wall buckled, staples and tape came apart. The outside door has already been replaced and still do esnt work. The counter laminate wasn't cut precisely and there are gaps. Haven't even had it a year and Campers Inn in Kingston NH where it was bought does nothing but give us the run around. There excuse when they do respind was there busy, now it's we are trying to get someone from that area (white mountains) of NH to come take a look. They asked for pictures we sent them pictures, we've complied with all requests. It is crap. My conscious wouldn't allow me to try and sell it off to someone else. Shame on Prime time and Campers Inn.
- Bonnie Norton , New Hampshire

2020-06-04 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

DO NOT BUY!!! This trailer is a total piece of crap. We have had issues from the very first year with this unit. We had floor issues,(the outrig supports failed),had to fight to get that issue fixed and now have major water issues with our slides. Do not buy and support this manufacturer!!!!!
- Lori Burke, Newfoundland and Labrador

2020-06-03 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

Overall I would rate this camper at a 2. Lets start with the simple things. I was going to change the stereo so that I could add my media server to the camper and found that the speakers were not wired in stereo, but instead were serially wired. My rear speakers are tied together and my front speakers are wired together. The only speakers wired properly were the outdoor speakers. During the very first camping trip the trim above the pushout in the kitchen area came off and landed on the countertop while driving down the road. Two small 18 gauge nails were all that was holding a 12' piece of trim on. During the next camping trip the same trim in the bedroom came off and landed on the bed. I finally removed all trim pieces and reinstalled properly. During this trip we also noticed a water leak from the rear air conditioner. We took it back to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. During the next trip, it was leaking again. I climbed on the roof during a rainstorm and could see the lights inside of the camper through the AC housing. They had cut the hole too big and had not sealed all of the open holes in the air conditioner base. It was literally raining directly into the camper. I sealed all holes for both AC units during the next sunny day. No leaks since. 4 years into ownership and I have now re-installed all trims and seals around the push outs, they have all come off. I have replaced the floor under the dinette (they do not seal between the floor and the aluminum frame which allows water to enter at the seam and rot the floor). In addition they used very poor materials for the floor. I have replaced most of the plastic PEX fittings with metal and re-crimped because after about 1 year they all started to leak (I always use a regulator with gauge). In addition, I have removed the kitchen sink, resealed and reinstalled because it was falling down (wingnuts, really?). Twice I have had to climb on the roof of the camper and clean the thermostat connectors on the air conditioning units because they would not turn on. Whoever had the bright idea to put RJ phone connectors on the roof of a camper should be fired. We are dissatisfied with the heat in the unit. It is not balanced at all. Our bathroom will be 120 degrees while the living area will be 40 degrees. We recently installed new vents throughout the camper so that we can at least adjust the output airflow until I can get to the furnace and balance the output there. We recently had a blowout that destroyed a fender skirt, j-panel, and tore up the tarp like material above the tire well. Construction in this area is definitely poor, as if they never expected their Chinese tires to blow. My tires had just over 5K miles when this happened, and I had just checked pressures. Tire blew within 5 miles of my house. It was at this time that we discovered that our spare tire was a six lug rim, while the camper used 8 lug rims. Fortunately for us, the tire size was the same, and a person who stopped to help had a friend with a tire changer. I now carry a complete toolset with this camper to include a power drill, a driver drill, RV caulkings and caulking guns, and a complete PEX toolkit with fittings. You can buy a camper from Prime Time and Forest River if you want, but I never will again.
- Philip Hoffman, Virginia

2020-05-31 2017 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

*****Buyer Beware***** Purchased this 2017 Prime Time Avenger Brand New - it was delivered to the campground as we are seasonal campers and when we walked in - the floor was wet by the main slide. Contacted dealer right away and spoke with the service department and they had a tech in the campground who came up and rechaulked the area around the slides. We have had issues from day one with water coming in thru the main slide but only when the slide is in. Opened the trailer up in May 2018 - again found water - contact dealer again and was advised by service manager that there was a manufacturing defect and that they knew who to fix it. The remedy was to put a double seal on the slides. Did not work and we found this out the hard way. My wife put the slides in because we were getting high winds and because we were in a treed area at the campground. When we went back there was water everywhere which result in me having to put thru an insurance claim - damages totalled almost $ 20,000.00. Opened the camper in May 2020 and guess what - more water. The only reason why it didn't leak in 2019 as it spent the majority of the winter getting repaired. Reached out to the dealer that sold us this camper - they won't do anything. Reached out to the manufacturer - they won't do anything - stating my warranty expired. Explained that why should warranty matter when the issue has been present from the time we bought the camper. Now we have to put thru another insurance claim and the cost of trying to fix how the water is coming in falls back to us. We are not the only ones that have had an issue with water coming into the slides. Save yourselves the headaches and the expenses - don't buy.
- Brian Parrott, Nova Scotia

2020-05-27 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3751-C View Listings

Love that it can be lived in for long periods of time. Wish I could control the pump outs from inside. Love having a washer and dryer in the unit. Love having double sinks in the bathroom along with a full size shower.
- Meshell Sullivan, Florida

2020-05-24 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

Primetime manufacturing is extremely poor and they do not stand behind their quality. Upon receiving our RV we noticed the wall in the bunk house was bowed and the tape detached. They said that happens when traveling. When you walk on carpet in slide nails poke and puncture the bottom of your feet. The nails in ceiling have a yellow discoloration. They screwed the wood in so tight, they split the wood and didn’t repair. The screws on the outside kitchen were all broken and not repaired. In the master room the wall has little bumps coming out of the wall. The caulk job was very poor. It was like they were at the end of the caulk gun and left an 1/8th of an inch of caulk for about 2 ft. All insulation underneath the bottom of the front of the RV retained so much water that it started coming through the floor and rotting the walls on both sides near kitchen slide and living room side. There has been one thing after another since purchase. We have contacted them numerous times and are told it’s maintenance issues we failed to conduct.
- Bella Davis, Michigan

2020-05-21 2018 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 24DBS View Listings

Greta for camping in cold weather, easy to pull with my mini van, bigger shower than other RV's my 6'1" XXL but fits no problem. love the extra outdoor fridge it makes up for the lack of space in standard RV fridges. took out the outdoor sink and stove rack and instant extra storage space.
- Nick, Illinois

2020-05-15 2014 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BB View Listings

This RV was easy to tow because it was lite weight. The kids loved the bunk beds & my husband and I lived the privacy given by the matching curtain decor. Storage was ample and accessible underneath in the trailer. The outdoor shower spiket prevented tracking dirt into the trailer. If I had to choose all over again. I would still pick the Avenger!
- Dahlia Thompson, Maryland

2020-05-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

The quality control at the factory is total junk! All screw heads holding it together are stripped. Can’t even cover nail holes worth a crap. TV backer spot in master bedroom was off by 6” based on sticker showing it. I had to rewrire the satellite/cable tv because they did wrong. 3 trips to dealer and paying for a mobile mechanic to fix the refrigerator. Will never recommend this manufacturer! At least have SOME pride in craftsmanship...
- Tyler Rogers, Oklahoma

2020-05-09 2017 Prime Time Spartan 1234X View Listings

I liked all the features, but finding out after just 1 1/2 years later the aluminum frame is broken in the wall. You can see this bowing out from the outside of the unit by the slide out.This was the fault of the factory not properly welding the wall causing the aluminum frame to break. When we purchased this unit new we were told there was a 3year structual warranty. We have contacted the company several times with our problem, and even sent pictures. Even though it was their own factory that made the walls they told us it was our problem, and it was only 1year warranty. They said we can take it to an authorized dealer and pay ourselves to get the costly repairs done. When a weld is properly done it should last a life time. Now we are stuck paying on something we can't even sell. What's next to go?
- Stanley Szczesniak, Michigan

2020-04-26 2015 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 324RST View Listings

Bought this from Dodd RV in Yorktown, VA late 2014. Overall we have enjoyed the floor plan. Very comfortable. We use it average of 2-3 weeks per year. Problems have mainly been minor ones such as a bad elbow fitting for the water pump, along with some fit/finish issues. First major problem was AC defect where coolant leaked and could not be replaced--entire unit had to be replaced (was done under our Forever Warranty). Also, a major problem recently occurred when the bedroom electric slide dual controller suffered a "water bath" that burned out the controller and subsequently one of the motors. About $1000 damage that was fortunately covered by our "Forever Warranty". Poor design. The dual motor controller was mounted ON THE FLOOR BENEATH SEVERAL WATER FITTINGS at the back of the docking bay! The city water connector was loose and over time had been dripping onto the controller, shorted it out and caused one of the slide motors to run for several minutes before I found the problem and disconnected the battery. Be sure to check the location of your motor slide controller if you have the electric Schwintec slide unit. If they still mount them on the floor, immediately mount it higher on the wall, away from water! Few RV units will be problem-free. They are not built to housing standards and they catch a lot of abuse just moving around. I agree with another post that criticized the lack of second AC. 2nd AC should be STANDARD in unit of this size. Still, we actually have enjoyed ours.
- Paul Edwards, Virginia

2020-03-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

It’s been a great travel trailer with no issues. Easy to tow and could live in it full time! I love the 50” TV and having the outdoor kitchen. With the slide out, the livable space is very roomy. Highly recommend.
- Jill Schroeder, Arizona

2020-03-20 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since we bought it. The rook leaks all the time. The stripping around the inside ceiling keeps coming off throughout the entire RV. The siding doors want stay on track and one of them broke 2 months after we bought it. I will never by another one. Wish I knew then what I know now. Read all the reviews before you buy one.
- Andrea Cater , Tennessee

2020-03-13 2018 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

Went to pick it up after purchasing and was informed I needed to wait 2 days for the pdi to be done(should have been done while I was filling out papaerwork) I had already done the walkthrough and pointed out that the awning wasn't wired properly and they were supposed to fix that while I went home to get the truck. 2 weeks later it's still waiting on pdi, after a month I was allowed to pick it up. I have no clue what they inspected as it was dirty as hell trash in the cabinets(fast food bags, drink cups etc, etc, etc) keep in mind this was a new unit at the time first owner, I also notice the wall next to the fridge is short and the lighting behind the stove is crooked, oh and the awning was still wired backwards. Took it back waited 3 months, get it back and the speakers are now blown it is once more full of garbage and the black tank is so full of feces the shutter wouldn't close, cabinets gouged, doors missing and so on. The owner says it was lo led the entre time they had it and I must have filled the tank in the 12 hours it was at my house. 3 months later i pick it back up it is AGAIN TRASHED! And the outdoor kitchen is destroyed, it looked like they left the door open and hosed it. Now Alot of this is down to the dealer and uncaring repair staff, and as the sales people call her the dumb blonde b**** that runs parts, however the hot water heater quitting everytime I tried to use it that isn't, neither is the fact that the propane hoses leaked because of the way they bent them at the factory. I made my first 12 payments in the shop after the first one was made prior to re Irving it. And since it was out of warranty the bad kitchen faucet is on me to replace, and the fact that the wall in the cabinet on the left side of the bed looks like the wall leaks though I'm pretty it's more likely they used a bad price of wood. Oh gee and it took 9 months to get the black and grey tanks to read anything other then empty. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS HORRENDOUS COMPANY! I was told shortly after I pi led it up by forest river/primetime that the warranty starts the day it rolls off of their assembly line and ends as soon as it hits the dealers lot
- James Jones, Arkansas

2020-02-27 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26RDS View Listings

Like others, first time out hot water tank doesn't work. Problem is we were 850 miles from home in the western Colorado mountains. I found a board in Montrose and replaced it myself and it worked ok. Tank manufacturer reimbursed me for the cost when we got home. Spent a month boondocking in the Uncompadre Nat'l Forest with no real issues. We replaced the uncomfortable couch with a Rec Pro double recliner and we are very happy with the unit. We store it under a carport which really adds to the life of the trailer.
- Stephen Selvidge, Oklahoma

2020-02-17 2018 Prime Time Tracer 274BH View Listings

First I would like to start off saying that we were so excited to purchase a brand new trailer and get camping. We camp often and love having our trailer it fits our family great. The first time my husband got on the roof to wash it about 1 year after owning it he noticed what appeared to be a large crack in the wood under the membrane and it looked like there were tape lines around the crack. We contacted prime time to see what we needed to do since now our trailer was 2 months out of warranty and they told us to take it to a dealership to have it looked at. We did and they also said it appeared to be a crack. We sent pictures to prime time and they came back and said there didn’t look to be a defect. We got back on the roof and took video of us being able to put my thumb in the crack and also push down on the roof and it moved. This area was about 1 foot long and clearly looked to have been taped over under the membrane. Prime time finally after several calls from me and the dealership we took it to said they would authorize the dealership to pull back the membrane and take pictures of the area. (Not fix it yet) For me that was unacceptable. We bought a new trailer and fully expected a roof that was completely intact. I placed several more calls to Prime time and talked to a few different people when they finally said that they will authorize 27hours to remove the membrane and fix the roof. Thanks goodness we had been going back and forth on this for almost 3 months. Dropped our trailer off with the dealership October 26th to be fixed. The dealership had problems even getting the membrane from Primetime. It was not shipped to them until December 18th. Once the work started to replace the wood that was cracked the dealership discovered a total of 4 areas on the roof that needed fixed. Mind you this is a brand new trailer. Come to find out they were not cracks at all but during manufacturing they plung routered looking for the vents but missed by a lot and just taped over the mistakes. That was the case in all four places on the roof. The dealership ended up replacing 4 pieces of wood and the whole membrane. Prime time did warranty the work but my concern is that if that poor of quality was just covered up what else is a problem. Now we are out of warranty and worried about what else will come up that is a result of crappy workmanship. I wish I could post pictures and video here for all to see. I would highly recommend anyone buying from this company to really look their product over well. Get on the roof something we didn’t do because it didn’t have a ladder and we just figured it was new there shouldn’t be any problems. We couldn’t of been more wrong. Save yourself the worry and headache of having to fight to get crappy workmanship covered by warranty.
- Stephanie Krahenbuhl, Washington