Prime Time Reviews on RV Insider (333)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2020-11-15 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Prime Time Avenger 2019 bought brand new. Stay away from this manufacture. Also, do research on the place you are buying your RV from. Could be a double ding (sting)!! Only 1 propane tank worked...sill waiting for a new one (going on 9 months! WHY???) Seal around outside of slider started deteriorating after 5 months. Bedroom wall warped causing the door not to close properly. Bedroom door now warped from traveling. Going on 6 months for replacement. STILL WAITING! Black water reader broken, again! P-traps under both sinks separate while traveling. Relative easy fix but annoying. Wall paper is coming off. Recliner LED lights broken, replaced, broken again. Built in Stereo system is a joke. Stove will won't light. Asked 3x to fix. This is when I say...check every item on your repair list BEFORE you take it home from he shop!! And the list goes on and on! And the RV Center we bought it from NEVER call us with updates. I swear it would just sit in the shop for a year if I didn't make phone calls. Make sure you exhaust your 1 year warranty for repairs before it expires. Buy the extended warranty!!! Our next RV will be researched extensively BEFORE we buy.
- Cheryl Anderson, Washington

2020-11-01 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 38QB View Listings

My sister and I traveled full time in this 5th wheel. We love it. We found it pulls nicely with our 3500 RAM. We love the floor plan. Very roomy living area and we each have a bedroom. Have had some issues but Primetime worked with us to resolve those. We periodically tweak nuts, bolts and screws (due to thethe earthquake effect). We also have it serviced periodically. We would definitely recommend this unit.
- blthompson449, Colorado

2020-10-28 2016 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Very disappointed as this was my first new RV and from the first day I had problems. Rear lights wouldn't work due to an issue in the harness which the dealer did fix. The main dining slide would not go in and out smoothly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they found the whole slide was not square and so had to adjust to optimal position so it would at least work smoothly. Trim had to be fixed and reattached properly, around kitchen. The big issue is the floor in the dining slide was completely wet over half the slide and the floor was sagging and I had to strip out the floor and replace it. The design is such that water runs down the ends of the slide and wicks into the floor which is 3/4" chip board that I replaced with pressure treated plywood. I then sealed everything with silicon and new material under the slide. Luckily I am reasonably handy at this work so my only expense was the plywood. Overall very poor quality control or inspection obviously on the finished product before it leaves the shop. I called Prime Time and they would not go good for any repair work because it was too far out of the warranty period even though I have read numerous reviews with similar issues. The floor problem is a design and construction issue. From all the quality problems with these units I would say a class action would be warranted. Would not buy anything made by Prime Time again.
- John Bunyan, Nova Scotia

2020-10-15 2016 Prime Time Crusader 380MBH View Listings

Excellent RV, great customer support when I need to repair some items. Was able to call and get part numbers and then go to dealer and get the parts I needed. The floor plan is excellent, we have not had any issues with ours but normal maintenance has kept it in perfect shape. We love the Primetime Crusader. Every RV has its issues you just need to be willing to maintain it.
- Ryan Napalo, Mississippi

2020-10-08 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I have a 2018 avenger, the worst rv ever made, since new it has needed a new AC, refrigerator and inverter. Now it needs $5000 in roof and molding repair. BEWARE!!!! Do not buy anything from this company, not even a tee shirt, it would fall apart.
- Dano Devine, Florida

2020-09-27 2020 Prime Time LaCrosse 3370MB View Listings

I have a 2020 Primetime 3370mb that we bought 3 months ago. We have made two trips in it and so far no problems. I did have to seal up some holes where the roof meets the front cap the first time I climbed on the roof when I got it home . Should not have had to do that since it is a brand new camper . This is our 3ed camper and so far we are happy with it.
- Walt H, South Carolina

2020-09-24 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

I have a 2018 Sanibel 3751 and it has been a good camper. Any warranty issues were covered by Prime Time and had a few items also fixed by Prime Time beyond the warranty period. This camper would be great for full timers or that weekend/week/month trip.
- Gary Grell, Florida

2020-09-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Bought in July 2019. Used a weekend in August and September 2019. Used another weekend in June 2020. Getting ready for weekend in October Upstate NY.. Gonna be cold. I turned on heat. NO HEAT. Full gas tanks. Worked on day of walk thru when bought. Have not needed to use til now, Doesn't work. I'm told only had 1 year warranty. This is BS. Totally ridiculous
- John M., New Jersey

2020-09-18 2019 Prime Time Tracer 260KS View Listings

Was very excited to buy this travel trailer. It was a good floor plan for me and my wife. light enough to pull with my 1500 and a nice big king size bed. I put an upgraded mattress in it and and off we went for our adventure. Now here I am a year and a half later regretting I ever heard the name Forest River or Prime Time. Lousy quality and even worse customer service. The refrigerator hasn’t worked correctly since the first trip. Doesn’t get cold enough for things like ice cream and has to be defrosted at least once every two weeks. The fridge door seal lets in moisture but the manufacturer said it’s “within normal operating specifications”. AC thermostat went out two months after we bought it and the heater only comes on about half the time. Have to reset it several times for it to ignite and lord help you if it shuts off in the middle of the night. The cabinets are the worst quality particle board I’ve ever seen with some wood grain pattern laminate that peels off if you even attempt to clean them. Of course they deny the warranty claim because that’s considered water damage. The FM radio wouldn’t turn off when you tried to turn it to the auxiliary input and just played over the other input. Again the answer was, “that’s just how that radio works”. Really? How do you explain that? I had to replace the radio myself and guess what, the new one doesn’t play over the auxiliary input. The material on the loveseat console tore and even though we paid for the additional warranty for that specific item the claim was again denied. I’ve had sink faucets come loose, cabinet handles fall off, the clothes rod in the closet fall down, the valence above the window fall off, the straps holding the loveseat in place pull out of the wall and the loveseat came loose causing damage to the floor, and most recently I stepped in the shower to find a big crack right across the shower floor! I’m done. This piece of junk has to go. Every single warranty claim has been denied and I’m tired of fixing the damn thing. This is the last Forest River product I’ll ever buy and I recommend anyone else that’s looking avoid them at all costs.
- Michael Corey, North Carolina

2020-09-12 2019 Prime Time Navi 16FQ View Listings

This is our 2nd season with the Navi 16FQ. We've had no major issues. Love the layout and features: walkaround bed, good storage, counter space, shower, and skylight. Build seems to be good quality. Nice size tanks (gray, black, fresh) for a camper this size, price range and < 3,000 lbs.
- Happy Camper Couple, Virginia

2020-09-02 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

Bought new Forest River Prime Time Avenger 27RBS. Day 1 front running lights fell off. Month 1 first time we took it out entire slide out had been leaking and ruined everything on the slide out. Took it and had it repaired good for 2 months and slide out had leaked again by the 2nd time we took it out. Raised the antenna 2nd time out and had just bought a new foam mattress a month before and the antenna leaked all over the floor and mattress. Ruined mattress and bubbled up the floor. Found out when we took it back for repairs that the antenna was not covered under warranty b/c it was considered a roof leak. Also found out the antenna is only screwed to and mounted to roof membrane not to a solid surface Under roof membrane. 3rd time we took it out master bedroom window leaked all over floor and bubbled the floor up even more. Dealer fixed the window leak but not the floor from water damage. Said floor was not covered under warranty and to much work involved that FR would not pay for repairs. We also found out that the camper would probably continue to leak b/c FR spaced the studs to far apart and that the structural integrity was in dealer quote. The dealer told us the Avenger was just junk and that they stopped selling it until FR fixed the faults of the Avenger. The dealer has been great to work with and we understand they can't be held responsible for all of FR screwups. Called FR and they basically said not their problem at this point we had already owned it past what the warranty would cover. But it seems like to me the warranty was only for 2 or 3 months b/c after that time everything that happened wasn't covered. Now we are sitting here with a piece of leaking junk or floors that want to cave in. It seems like FR would want to make a decent product for happy customers but once to purchase an rv they give 2 flying flips about the customer. If we ever decide to purchase another rv it will not be a FR product.
- Wesley Hall, Georgia

2020-08-15 2018 Prime Time Sanibel View Listings

Buyer beware!!!! NEVER and I mean never buy a Forest River/ Prime Time. I bought mine brand new and had several Major issues within the first Month. I immediately let Blue dog RV in Las Vegas Nevada know about them. They referred me to the manufacturer, which happens to be Forest River. I dealt with a couple of people at the top management position. Terry Baughman, and Wendy ?. They bullied me, lied to me. And even told me to go ahead and email the owner of the company, Warren Buffett. I mean really!!!! What the........??? In short I’ve had this trailer right at 3 years. It’s been in the shop at the very least 2 out of the 3 years. Andy basically the company and the dealer could care less that their product is crap. By the way the major issues were the belly box flooding. The ceilings falling, and the biggest thing they can’t fix is the furnace. I say again NEVER purchase from them!!!!!
- Leanne, Nevada

2020-08-13 2017 Prime Time Fury 2910 View Listings

I have owned 6 travel trailers in the last 20 years, and I have to say, I love my Primetime Fury 2910! It is my first toy-hauler and I looked at a lot of trailers before deciding on this one. For the size the floor plan is great! I love that I can use it as a toy hauler, but if I just want to travel with my wife, and we decide to camp, it offers the comfort of a travel-focused trailer. The 2 fully reclining theatre seats are as comfortable as my recliner at home! It is not set up for winter camping, and it is not set up to live in full-time. It is a short-term use trailer. I rate overall quality 5/5. This is based on the quality for the price. I have owned rigs with higher quality components, but they cost more money. This rig has a lot of great high-quality features. I love the ducted heating and air, and the huge amount of interior storage space! For a toy-hauler, it is a lot of storage. The 10-foot garage is enough space for a two-seater side by side and will fit a couple of 4 seater models. I can easily fit 4 motorcycles if I don't take the side-by-side. Its dry weight is light at just under 7,300 lbs, but it's GVWR is just under 10,000 lbs, so if you have a side by side, full fresh water tank (61 gallons), a full fuel storage tank (30 gallons) and all of your gear, if you aren't careful, you could exceed the 2,400 lb cargo carrying capacity. The quality of the convertible couches in the garage is nice. They are comfortable to sit on and convert, easily to a queen-size bed, and can be stored vertically on the wall or when it is converted to a bed it can be raised to the ceiling. I love the pull-down screen on the garage entrance and that it has a trailer and a garage man-door entrance. My only complaint is there is no designated storage for the massive 50 amp power cord or the sewer hose. Also, it only comes with 1 battery and 2 20lb propane tanks. The rack on the tongue will not fit a second battery without modification. I cut the rack off, moved it about 4 inches forward, and added a piece of angle iron to accommodate a second battery, and I upgraded the propane tanks to 2 30lb tanks. I like to dry-camp for extended periods, and I don't want to worry about propane or battery power, and I don't want to run my generator constantly. My unit did not come with a generator, but it is set-up for one. I used that space for storage and since I moved the tongue rack forward, I am able to fit my 3800-watt generator, easily on the storage rack. Specs show an overall length of 34.5 feet (414 inches), however, I keep mine in a garage with 35 feet (420 inches) of available storage length and with this trailer touching the back wall I am only 2 inches from the closed door, which makes its actual length 418 inches. It's a tight fit. Overall, after taking this rig on a few outings, I am very happy, and since it was so much more affordable than other travel trailers with similar layout and the fact that it has good overall material, construction and the fact that it also has an aluminum frame, I am very happy. I don't see myself upgrading until I need more garage space.
- Chad Probasco, Utah

2020-08-12 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3102 View Listings

Bought a brand new piece of crap and i am discussed. The list is long for day three. Typical water leaks broken appliances,staples sticking out of the carpet. All the normal complaints "BUT I BOUGHT A UNIT WITH TWO A/C'S SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABIUT MY DOG BEING IN THE TRAILER AND WOULD BE SAFE. Well second day we left for a couple hours and both a/c's failed. My dog almost died and I'm passed. Junk junk junk junk junk do not buy prime time junk.....
- gunnforhire, Alaska

2020-08-12 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

My trailer listed for about 42000 bucks and I was a first time buyer but I am a last time buyer of anything made by this company this thing is a piece of junk from heating problems leaks all over electrical issues ac issues awning issues etc for that kind of money the craftsmanship on this unit is terrible if I were you I would stay away from this company
- Kevin d Horton , New York

2020-08-02 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

Air conditioner is underpowered for the size of the camper. Runs constantly and loud. Used the camper for one full season in 2016. Only used a few weekends the next 3 years. Brought up for seasonal this summer and a 4 x 6 piece of the side of the camper blew off going down the road! Ripped right off! Called company, no warranty coverage, no insurance coverage. I believe this is definitely a defect. Also, we have inside hard spots developing on the walls through the wallboard. Service is terrible once they make a sale. Any others have these issues? Any recommendations?
- Louann Tetrault, New York

2020-07-29 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

I am extremely disappointed with Holiday world I’ll get right to it they promise you the world until you take possession of the camper and then they could care less about your needs the person that answered the phone was rude and short tempered the problem is I can’t figure out the refrigerator for propane and the ac comes on when ever it wants ( operator error probably) however the lack of customer support is an absolute fail I drove by the Holiday World hoping I technician could show me the refrigerator on one of their models Wow I should not have thought that for one moment that person that received me at the unwelcome desk was livid that I did not have an appointment Ok I said I’ll make an appointment when can I get in August 13th I ask if there was a manager she leaves and comes back with a guy I know is her lunch buddy / sales man definitely not the manager Shame on you Holiday World you have no clue the meaning of customer service don’t spend your money here you will not be happy with your decision at a later date
- Cindy Cardinal, New Mexico

2020-07-28 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 318BHS View Listings

AN absolutely the worst Travel Trailer I have ever owned I have been camping 30 years . water leaks ,Electrical every thing else outside kitchen door fell off awning falling apart bedroom slide door feel off there's more . Just junk !!
- Charles Doyle, Ohio

2020-07-18 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Total piece of junk. Driving.home 1st day all clearance lights fell off . Get home 2 Jack's are stripped and water heater does not work. Water heater fix 3x. I converted to electric myself. Laminate fake wood falling off fridge fix 2x front of trailer leaked from day 1. I rebuilt b/c FR said tough Genersl RV said too bad. Drive stereo does not work any more No longer take for repairs as I can do better and FR does not honor any warranty. Never own a FR product again
- STEVELUTZ, Florida

2020-07-17 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this RV on 4/2020. I only had it for 3 months and the plumbing connection to gray tank broke causing water to drip on the underbelly which later tore off the frame, the trim on bedroom door frame came off, I guess not enough glue, I called manufacturer to give numbers of dealerships who do warranty work. I called all these numbers and I get the same feedback on how they get screwed doing warranty work and all I get is the run around. Till this day 7/16/2020 nothing has been done to repair it nor has anyone called me. I’m very upset and thinking of sending it back
- Roland Baladez, Texas

2020-07-11 2019 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 26DBS View Listings

Our tracer breeze has had some issues from day one. Our push out has some issues and the bandaid is to lubricate it. Second issue the drawer guides are not stopping the drawers from opening when you travel. Their fix to our trailer outlet was to place plastic clips on the drawer instead of doing the right thing and replace the guides. The wheel bearing need adjustment and the comment was the warranty has expired. These were an issue from day one, when stopping it was like driving on a washboard. As well if they stand behind their product they should respond to the client calls.
- Domenic, Alberta

2020-07-09 2020 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 25RBS View Listings

Purchased the Tracer Breeze in June after being away from camping for the last 12 years. We owned 3 different travel trailers prior to this and very disappointed in this unit. Floor plan, outdoor kitchen and everything on this model looks great. When we got it home we are very disappointed in the quality. Obvious they use lighter material to get the "lite" classification, I assumed it would still be assembled well. Wrong. If you are a handy man you can fix most of the minor issues and deal with it. I worry long term will it hold up. Salesman assured us this unit was good and could handle cross country trips, I am not so sure. Paid a lot of money for a cheaply made box on wheels. We have saw dust all over the dinette from the ceiling everytime we travel. Some cabinet walls & bathroom access panel are not attached. You cannot stand or sit on the dinette when the slideout is in or it rips the whole dinette area out of the floor and is no longer attached - no they don't tell you that until you ask them to fix it and now it's your fault because you sat on it. Ours actually came that way so during showings someone sat or stood on it, salesmen don't know either. I would like to be able to use the dinette in a rest area for lunch without putting the slide out, and you can't. They just added more screws to hold it down and now cracked the base board and it still pulled out when I lost my balance and stepped on it again. Rained yesterday for the first time and yes water on the bathroom floor, have to figure out where that came from. We always put an awning over the slideout to keep the debris out of the slide mechanism, service tells us you cannot on this unit because there is nothing in the wall to attach it to. They give you great speakers inside & out. What a joke you don't need both speakers you can hear the radio thru the walls. Don't expect to play the outdoor speaker at night and have someone inside trying to sleep. Would be nice to have some sort of latch on the outdoor refrigerator so it doesn't come open in travel, it doesn't run when not connected by electricity but would stay cold for travel if it would stay closed. I am sure there will be more to follow. Just not sure how it gets such good reviews except the categories it is rating. Would not recommend and now understand why people don't keep them more then 4 years ...my opinion it won't last.
- Elaine Shaddach, Michigan

2020-06-30 2012 Prime Time Sanibel 3500 View Listings

This has been the best rv I have had Perfect a couple traveling around the county for long periods of time, The residential shower is awesome, the sleep number mattress is a must. I highly recommend taking a look at this well maintained and loved rv
- Roger Stuksa, Texas

2020-06-29 2016 Prime Time Avenger 25TH View Listings

Not a good experience, Sofa bed fell off the wall in the middle of night while someone was asleep on it, Sink in bathroom leaked, faucets in cooking area got so loose they just wobbled, Retainers holding gas line are not tight and some were not even in place, already replaced all brakes and bearings, Cd player never had internal pin removed so had to pull it out after researching manual. Tape holding walls together not sticking, Awning LED strip smoked, yep I said smoked! Drawer slide fell down only stapled in place??? Front Propane tank mount only two scews used and they broke off, to this day I wonder why tanks did not bounce down the road? Over all a Piece of crap very poorly built. No I did not take it back because felt the ability to get repaired it was better off doing it myself !!!! Just walk away
- Charles Moore, Virginia