Prime Time Reviews on RV Insider (326)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2020-09-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Bought in July 2019. Used a weekend in August and September 2019. Used another weekend in June 2020. Getting ready for weekend in October Upstate NY.. Gonna be cold. I turned on heat. NO HEAT. Full gas tanks. Worked on day of walk thru when bought. Have not needed to use til now, Doesn't work. I'm told only had 1 year warranty. This is BS. Totally ridiculous
- John M., New Jersey

2020-09-18 2019 Prime Time Tracer 260KS View Listings

Was very excited to buy this travel trailer. It was a good floor plan for me and my wife. light enough to pull with my 1500 and a nice big king size bed. I put an upgraded mattress in it and and off we went for our adventure. Now here I am a year and a half later regretting I ever heard the name Forest River or Prime Time. Lousy quality and even worse customer service. The refrigerator hasn’t worked correctly since the first trip. Doesn’t get cold enough for things like ice cream and has to be defrosted at least once every two weeks. The fridge door seal lets in moisture but the manufacturer said it’s “within normal operating specifications”. AC thermostat went out two months after we bought it and the heater only comes on about half the time. Have to reset it several times for it to ignite and lord help you if it shuts off in the middle of the night. The cabinets are the worst quality particle board I’ve ever seen with some wood grain pattern laminate that peels off if you even attempt to clean them. Of course they deny the warranty claim because that’s considered water damage. The FM radio wouldn’t turn off when you tried to turn it to the auxiliary input and just played over the other input. Again the answer was, “that’s just how that radio works”. Really? How do you explain that? I had to replace the radio myself and guess what, the new one doesn’t play over the auxiliary input. The material on the loveseat console tore and even though we paid for the additional warranty for that specific item the claim was again denied. I’ve had sink faucets come loose, cabinet handles fall off, the clothes rod in the closet fall down, the valence above the window fall off, the straps holding the loveseat in place pull out of the wall and the loveseat came loose causing damage to the floor, and most recently I stepped in the shower to find a big crack right across the shower floor! I’m done. This piece of junk has to go. Every single warranty claim has been denied and I’m tired of fixing the damn thing. This is the last Forest River product I’ll ever buy and I recommend anyone else that’s looking avoid them at all costs.
- Michael Corey, North Carolina

2020-09-12 2019 Prime Time Navi 16FQ View Listings

This is our 2nd season with the Navi 16FQ. We've had no major issues. Love the layout and features: walkaround bed, good storage, counter space, shower, and skylight. Build seems to be good quality. Nice size tanks (gray, black, fresh) for a camper this size, price range and < 3,000 lbs.
- Happy Camper Couple, Virginia

2020-09-02 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

Bought new Forest River Prime Time Avenger 27RBS. Day 1 front running lights fell off. Month 1 first time we took it out entire slide out had been leaking and ruined everything on the slide out. Took it and had it repaired good for 2 months and slide out had leaked again by the 2nd time we took it out. Raised the antenna 2nd time out and had just bought a new foam mattress a month before and the antenna leaked all over the floor and mattress. Ruined mattress and bubbled up the floor. Found out when we took it back for repairs that the antenna was not covered under warranty b/c it was considered a roof leak. Also found out the antenna is only screwed to and mounted to roof membrane not to a solid surface Under roof membrane. 3rd time we took it out master bedroom window leaked all over floor and bubbled the floor up even more. Dealer fixed the window leak but not the floor from water damage. Said floor was not covered under warranty and to much work involved that FR would not pay for repairs. We also found out that the camper would probably continue to leak b/c FR spaced the studs to far apart and that the structural integrity was in dealer quote. The dealer told us the Avenger was just junk and that they stopped selling it until FR fixed the faults of the Avenger. The dealer has been great to work with and we understand they can't be held responsible for all of FR screwups. Called FR and they basically said not their problem at this point we had already owned it past what the warranty would cover. But it seems like to me the warranty was only for 2 or 3 months b/c after that time everything that happened wasn't covered. Now we are sitting here with a piece of leaking junk or floors that want to cave in. It seems like FR would want to make a decent product for happy customers but once to purchase an rv they give 2 flying flips about the customer. If we ever decide to purchase another rv it will not be a FR product.
- Wesley Hall, Georgia

2020-08-15 2018 Prime Time Sanibel View Listings

Buyer beware!!!! NEVER and I mean never buy a Forest River/ Prime Time. I bought mine brand new and had several Major issues within the first Month. I immediately let Blue dog RV in Las Vegas Nevada know about them. They referred me to the manufacturer, which happens to be Forest River. I dealt with a couple of people at the top management position. Terry Baughman, and Wendy ?. They bullied me, lied to me. And even told me to go ahead and email the owner of the company, Warren Buffett. I mean really!!!! What the........??? In short I’ve had this trailer right at 3 years. It’s been in the shop at the very least 2 out of the 3 years. Andy basically the company and the dealer could care less that their product is crap. By the way the major issues were the belly box flooding. The ceilings falling, and the biggest thing they can’t fix is the furnace. I say again NEVER purchase from them!!!!!
- Leanne, Nevada

2020-08-13 2017 Prime Time Fury 2910 View Listings

I have owned 6 travel trailers in the last 20 years, and I have to say, I love my Primetime Fury 2910! It is my first toy-hauler and I looked at a lot of trailers before deciding on this one. For the size the floor plan is great! I love that I can use it as a toy hauler, but if I just want to travel with my wife, and we decide to camp, it offers the comfort of a travel-focused trailer. The 2 fully reclining theatre seats are as comfortable as my recliner at home! It is not set up for winter camping, and it is not set up to live in full-time. It is a short-term use trailer. I rate overall quality 5/5. This is based on the quality for the price. I have owned rigs with higher quality components, but they cost more money. This rig has a lot of great high-quality features. I love the ducted heating and air, and the huge amount of interior storage space! For a toy-hauler, it is a lot of storage. The 10-foot garage is enough space for a two-seater side by side and will fit a couple of 4 seater models. I can easily fit 4 motorcycles if I don't take the side-by-side. Its dry weight is light at just under 7,300 lbs, but it's GVWR is just under 10,000 lbs, so if you have a side by side, full fresh water tank (61 gallons), a full fuel storage tank (30 gallons) and all of your gear, if you aren't careful, you could exceed the 2,400 lb cargo carrying capacity. The quality of the convertible couches in the garage is nice. They are comfortable to sit on and convert, easily to a queen-size bed, and can be stored vertically on the wall or when it is converted to a bed it can be raised to the ceiling. I love the pull-down screen on the garage entrance and that it has a trailer and a garage man-door entrance. My only complaint is there is no designated storage for the massive 50 amp power cord or the sewer hose. Also, it only comes with 1 battery and 2 20lb propane tanks. The rack on the tongue will not fit a second battery without modification. I cut the rack off, moved it about 4 inches forward, and added a piece of angle iron to accommodate a second battery, and I upgraded the propane tanks to 2 30lb tanks. I like to dry-camp for extended periods, and I don't want to worry about propane or battery power, and I don't want to run my generator constantly. My unit did not come with a generator, but it is set-up for one. I used that space for storage and since I moved the tongue rack forward, I am able to fit my 3800-watt generator, easily on the storage rack. Specs show an overall length of 34.5 feet (414 inches), however, I keep mine in a garage with 35 feet (420 inches) of available storage length and with this trailer touching the back wall I am only 2 inches from the closed door, which makes its actual length 418 inches. It's a tight fit. Overall, after taking this rig on a few outings, I am very happy, and since it was so much more affordable than other travel trailers with similar layout and the fact that it has good overall material, construction and the fact that it also has an aluminum frame, I am very happy. I don't see myself upgrading until I need more garage space.
- Chad Probasco, Utah

2020-08-12 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3102 View Listings

Bought a brand new piece of crap and i am discussed. The list is long for day three. Typical water leaks broken appliances,staples sticking out of the carpet. All the normal complaints "BUT I BOUGHT A UNIT WITH TWO A/C'S SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABIUT MY DOG BEING IN THE TRAILER AND WOULD BE SAFE. Well second day we left for a couple hours and both a/c's failed. My dog almost died and I'm passed. Junk junk junk junk junk do not buy prime time junk.....
- gunnforhire, Alaska

2020-08-12 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

My trailer listed for about 42000 bucks and I was a first time buyer but I am a last time buyer of anything made by this company this thing is a piece of junk from heating problems leaks all over electrical issues ac issues awning issues etc for that kind of money the craftsmanship on this unit is terrible if I were you I would stay away from this company
- Kevin d Horton , New York

2020-08-02 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

Air conditioner is underpowered for the size of the camper. Runs constantly and loud. Used the camper for one full season in 2016. Only used a few weekends the next 3 years. Brought up for seasonal this summer and a 4 x 6 piece of the side of the camper blew off going down the road! Ripped right off! Called company, no warranty coverage, no insurance coverage. I believe this is definitely a defect. Also, we have inside hard spots developing on the walls through the wallboard. Service is terrible once they make a sale. Any others have these issues? Any recommendations?
- Louann Tetrault, New York

2020-07-29 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

I am extremely disappointed with Holiday world I’ll get right to it they promise you the world until you take possession of the camper and then they could care less about your needs the person that answered the phone was rude and short tempered the problem is I can’t figure out the refrigerator for propane and the ac comes on when ever it wants ( operator error probably) however the lack of customer support is an absolute fail I drove by the Holiday World hoping I technician could show me the refrigerator on one of their models Wow I should not have thought that for one moment that person that received me at the unwelcome desk was livid that I did not have an appointment Ok I said I’ll make an appointment when can I get in August 13th I ask if there was a manager she leaves and comes back with a guy I know is her lunch buddy / sales man definitely not the manager Shame on you Holiday World you have no clue the meaning of customer service don’t spend your money here you will not be happy with your decision at a later date
- Cindy Cardinal, New Mexico

2020-07-28 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 318BHS View Listings

AN absolutely the worst Travel Trailer I have ever owned I have been camping 30 years . water leaks ,Electrical every thing else outside kitchen door fell off awning falling apart bedroom slide door feel off there's more . Just junk !!
- Charles Doyle, Ohio

2020-07-18 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Total piece of junk. Driving.home 1st day all clearance lights fell off . Get home 2 Jack's are stripped and water heater does not work. Water heater fix 3x. I converted to electric myself. Laminate fake wood falling off fridge fix 2x front of trailer leaked from day 1. I rebuilt b/c FR said tough Genersl RV said too bad. Drive stereo does not work any more No longer take for repairs as I can do better and FR does not honor any warranty. Never own a FR product again
- STEVELUTZ, Florida

2020-07-17 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this RV on 4/2020. I only had it for 3 months and the plumbing connection to gray tank broke causing water to drip on the underbelly which later tore off the frame, the trim on bedroom door frame came off, I guess not enough glue, I called manufacturer to give numbers of dealerships who do warranty work. I called all these numbers and I get the same feedback on how they get screwed doing warranty work and all I get is the run around. Till this day 7/16/2020 nothing has been done to repair it nor has anyone called me. I’m very upset and thinking of sending it back
- Roland Baladez, Texas

2020-07-11 2019 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 26DBS View Listings

Our tracer breeze has had some issues from day one. Our push out has some issues and the bandaid is to lubricate it. Second issue the drawer guides are not stopping the drawers from opening when you travel. Their fix to our trailer outlet was to place plastic clips on the drawer instead of doing the right thing and replace the guides. The wheel bearing need adjustment and the comment was the warranty has expired. These were an issue from day one, when stopping it was like driving on a washboard. As well if they stand behind their product they should respond to the client calls.
- Domenic, Alberta

2020-07-09 2020 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 25RBS View Listings

Purchased the Tracer Breeze in June after being away from camping for the last 12 years. We owned 3 different travel trailers prior to this and very disappointed in this unit. Floor plan, outdoor kitchen and everything on this model looks great. When we got it home we are very disappointed in the quality. Obvious they use lighter material to get the "lite" classification, I assumed it would still be assembled well. Wrong. If you are a handy man you can fix most of the minor issues and deal with it. I worry long term will it hold up. Salesman assured us this unit was good and could handle cross country trips, I am not so sure. Paid a lot of money for a cheaply made box on wheels. We have saw dust all over the dinette from the ceiling everytime we travel. Some cabinet walls & bathroom access panel are not attached. You cannot stand or sit on the dinette when the slideout is in or it rips the whole dinette area out of the floor and is no longer attached - no they don't tell you that until you ask them to fix it and now it's your fault because you sat on it. Ours actually came that way so during showings someone sat or stood on it, salesmen don't know either. I would like to be able to use the dinette in a rest area for lunch without putting the slide out, and you can't. They just added more screws to hold it down and now cracked the base board and it still pulled out when I lost my balance and stepped on it again. Rained yesterday for the first time and yes water on the bathroom floor, have to figure out where that came from. We always put an awning over the slideout to keep the debris out of the slide mechanism, service tells us you cannot on this unit because there is nothing in the wall to attach it to. They give you great speakers inside & out. What a joke you don't need both speakers you can hear the radio thru the walls. Don't expect to play the outdoor speaker at night and have someone inside trying to sleep. Would be nice to have some sort of latch on the outdoor refrigerator so it doesn't come open in travel, it doesn't run when not connected by electricity but would stay cold for travel if it would stay closed. I am sure there will be more to follow. Just not sure how it gets such good reviews except the categories it is rating. Would not recommend and now understand why people don't keep them more then 4 years ...my opinion it won't last.
- Elaine Shaddach, Michigan

2020-06-30 2012 Prime Time Sanibel 3500 View Listings

This has been the best rv I have had Perfect a couple traveling around the county for long periods of time, The residential shower is awesome, the sleep number mattress is a must. I highly recommend taking a look at this well maintained and loved rv
- Roger Stuksa, Texas

2020-06-29 2016 Prime Time Avenger 25TH View Listings

Not a good experience, Sofa bed fell off the wall in the middle of night while someone was asleep on it, Sink in bathroom leaked, faucets in cooking area got so loose they just wobbled, Retainers holding gas line are not tight and some were not even in place, already replaced all brakes and bearings, Cd player never had internal pin removed so had to pull it out after researching manual. Tape holding walls together not sticking, Awning LED strip smoked, yep I said smoked! Drawer slide fell down only stapled in place??? Front Propane tank mount only two scews used and they broke off, to this day I wonder why tanks did not bounce down the road? Over all a Piece of crap very poorly built. No I did not take it back because felt the ability to get repaired it was better off doing it myself !!!! Just walk away
- Charles Moore, Virginia

2020-06-22 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Very spacious, beds are comfortable, plenty of sleeping space. Nice entertainment package, nice kitchen and cool features with light up backsplash and led knobs for oven, 50 inch tv, outside fridge and shower and stove.
- austin miller, Maryland

2020-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Beautiful RV with luxury livability. Tons of storage and pulls extremely well! Love the solid rims and fiberglass exterior. The bathroom is great, shower and toilet are almost residential quality! The kitchen IS residential and very usable.
- Charles Tuttle, Texas

2020-06-17 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3211RK View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer in 2019 from the original owner and loved the quality initially. The large living space and king size bed are great for relaxing. The problem came when I pulled it out of storage this year and noticed a spot on the front end cap that began to peel. I took it on a two week trip and by the time I returned there was another spot. I emailed Prime Time and was told that, because I am the second owner of this two year old trailer they will not honor their 5 year Armour Tec warranty. After searching online forms I learned that many of these trailers’ end caps have the same problem. I will not bother with a trailer that has paint peeling after two years and recommend you consider other brands as well.
- J Flowers , North Carolina

2020-06-16 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I OWN A 2017 CRUSADER LOVE IT THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE TIRES THEY COME WITH. THE TIRES PEELED LIKE AN ORANGE AND EXPLODED WHILE LEAVING US ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE FOR 8 HRS. WITH A LOT OF DAMAGE. THE GOOD THING IS EVERYONE IS SAFE. PLEASE I PRAY YOU REPLACE THE FACTORY TIRES. THEY PUT CHEAP TIRES ON YOUR EXPENSIVE TRAILER AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE COST AND DANGER.
- jimmyvincent68, Louisiana

2020-06-12 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Terrible manufacturing. This is really a piece of junk. Turned the shower on and the wall buckled, staples and tape came apart. The outside door has already been replaced and still do esnt work. The counter laminate wasn't cut precisely and there are gaps. Haven't even had it a year and Campers Inn in Kingston NH where it was bought does nothing but give us the run around. There excuse when they do respind was there busy, now it's we are trying to get someone from that area (white mountains) of NH to come take a look. They asked for pictures we sent them pictures, we've complied with all requests. It is crap. My conscious wouldn't allow me to try and sell it off to someone else. Shame on Prime time and Campers Inn.
- Bonnie Norton , New Hampshire

2020-06-04 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

DO NOT BUY!!! This trailer is a total piece of crap. We have had issues from the very first year with this unit. We had floor issues,(the outrig supports failed),had to fight to get that issue fixed and now have major water issues with our slides. Do not buy and support this manufacturer!!!!!
- Lori Burke, Newfoundland and Labrador

2020-06-03 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

Overall I would rate this camper at a 2. Lets start with the simple things. I was going to change the stereo so that I could add my media server to the camper and found that the speakers were not wired in stereo, but instead were serially wired. My rear speakers are tied together and my front speakers are wired together. The only speakers wired properly were the outdoor speakers. During the very first camping trip the trim above the pushout in the kitchen area came off and landed on the countertop while driving down the road. Two small 18 gauge nails were all that was holding a 12' piece of trim on. During the next camping trip the same trim in the bedroom came off and landed on the bed. I finally removed all trim pieces and reinstalled properly. During this trip we also noticed a water leak from the rear air conditioner. We took it back to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. During the next trip, it was leaking again. I climbed on the roof during a rainstorm and could see the lights inside of the camper through the AC housing. They had cut the hole too big and had not sealed all of the open holes in the air conditioner base. It was literally raining directly into the camper. I sealed all holes for both AC units during the next sunny day. No leaks since. 4 years into ownership and I have now re-installed all trims and seals around the push outs, they have all come off. I have replaced the floor under the dinette (they do not seal between the floor and the aluminum frame which allows water to enter at the seam and rot the floor). In addition they used very poor materials for the floor. I have replaced most of the plastic PEX fittings with metal and re-crimped because after about 1 year they all started to leak (I always use a regulator with gauge). In addition, I have removed the kitchen sink, resealed and reinstalled because it was falling down (wingnuts, really?). Twice I have had to climb on the roof of the camper and clean the thermostat connectors on the air conditioning units because they would not turn on. Whoever had the bright idea to put RJ phone connectors on the roof of a camper should be fired. We are dissatisfied with the heat in the unit. It is not balanced at all. Our bathroom will be 120 degrees while the living area will be 40 degrees. We recently installed new vents throughout the camper so that we can at least adjust the output airflow until I can get to the furnace and balance the output there. We recently had a blowout that destroyed a fender skirt, j-panel, and tore up the tarp like material above the tire well. Construction in this area is definitely poor, as if they never expected their Chinese tires to blow. My tires had just over 5K miles when this happened, and I had just checked pressures. Tire blew within 5 miles of my house. It was at this time that we discovered that our spare tire was a six lug rim, while the camper used 8 lug rims. Fortunately for us, the tire size was the same, and a person who stopped to help had a friend with a tire changer. I now carry a complete toolset with this camper to include a power drill, a driver drill, RV caulkings and caulking guns, and a complete PEX toolkit with fittings. You can buy a camper from Prime Time and Forest River if you want, but I never will again.
- Philip Hoffman, Virginia