Prime Time Reviews on RV Insider (337)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Cav from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our little camper for 4 weeks, now normally we understand new campers have bugs that need to work out and they will spend their fair share in the shop at first, however with this camper the flaws are pretty major. The siding what not installed correctly and literally starting coming off the coach at a mear 60mph on our way home from a trip, to our surprise it was actually due to it not being installed all the way into its channel during installation, our graphics are already bubbling and coming off, the grey and black tank valves broke from the inside and now we can't drain them. Along with the furnace will not stay on the the microwave lasted 1 day. Ladies and gents - we only owned this camper for 4 weeks and camped in it a total of 4 days. Not to mention it is stored in a climate controlled warehouse... I am awaiting to hear from prime time as to how they are going to handle this lemon I'll keep you posted.
- M Cav, Florida

2020-12-24 2016 Prime Time Crusader 322RES View Listings

The Crusader 322RES was the perfect RV for my husband and myself. There was plenty of room inside, enough even when the grandkids showed up. The living room slide with its panoramic windows makes the experience of camping even better--you really feel like you are in the out doors. The RV is very well constructed and performed outstandingly. While we never lived it in full time, it would be a pleasure to experience.
- Judith, Missouri

2020-12-01 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26RDS View Listings

My wife and I have purchased a 2020 avenger ATI from Campers Inn (Pittsburgh) Pennsylvania on 8-8-20, the sales department was extremely excellent, On 9-4-20 we went on our first trip, that's when it started to go bad,,,, Driver's side electrical wires burned off on the tires in transit, the floor buckled on the passenger side of the main floor sticking the passenger side slide out in , the inside paneling started to pop off between all the seams, and being able to cool down and really look over the inside noticed that most of the moldings never were completed,,, also the seals around the slide out were not fully attached (glue missing) with all that said called the sales department and still nothing being done, countless attempts to get trailer reimbursement, NOTE (WE PURCHASED A NEW TRAVEL TRAILER) not a rebuilt one,,,, both Campers INN, and Prime Time MFG. Not easy to talk to ,,,, My wife and I are now pushed to seek legal assistance 11-30-2020 So all I can say is to avoid the bright lights and the sales team and thoroughly look over (in depth) before you purchase a camper,,,
- Dean Nicholas, Pennsylvania

2020-11-27 2015 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 324RST View Listings

The worst travel trailer built. Replaced air conditioner, before even using. All ignite flints for stove replaced after 3 months. Bedroom slide out motors replaced first year. Toilet replaced 18 months later. Dinette chairs are so cheaply made, a person can not sit on the chairs. Bent in half after first sitting on. Main water line leaked so bad it dropped the under exterior. Furnace was replaced, found out from a RV repair guy that the furnace was recalled but of course we were not notified. Staples are showing in the walls. Windows are extremely difficult to open. Several leaks, through stove fan vent, furnace exhaust. Slide out where the dinete table chairs and recliners are leaks. Also is not even at the bottom near the door, it sticks out about 2" .The quality of this trailer is so poorly made. Light switch covers loose. Owning this trailer has been a very difficult experience. I would never recommend someone to purchase a 2015 LaCrosse 324 RST With all the problems and stress this has caused, I feel we deserve a reward for dealing with all the issues
- Sylvia Terryberry, Ontario

2020-11-24 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I bought a one owner used 2014 Prime Time 295RST in October 2019 from General RV in Draper, Utah. I am actually very pleased with this purchase. The RV was in their shop and had full hookups at the time I did my final inspection. Their asking price was only slightly above the KBB price and I was able to negotiate to under slightly less. Afterward they replaced the 2014 manufacture year tires at no additional cost. I purchased the Andersen Ultimate hitch for towing, and when I showed up they installed the conversion on the king pin for me, at no cost. This RV was actually manufactured in late 2013, hence the 2014 model year. I had read that Prime Time, which was founded in 2009, had very good quality builds in the early years leading up to Forest River buying them out, and that quality has since declined. Our RV shows very good quality. Nothing separating, torn, or loose - inside or out. All of the 120v electrical outlets worked fine when tested. All of the running lights work fine. I did go through and replace everything with LED lights. All of the slides work properly and provide expansive space and storage. The automatic awning works well, but the fabric will need replacing at some point. I did an environmentally safe chlorine wash and used awning tape to repair some worn points. All propane tanks and connections work fine. All holding tanks work and drain well. All of the water and power hookups work well. I did a deep clean on the exterior grill which was heavily used (so we know this RV must have been well used) and it looked like new afterwards. The included mattress is comfortable and even more so after adding a 3" natural foam topper. The theater seating and fold out loveseat are both in great condition (almost like they were never used). The dining table and chairs are also in great condition. The stove, oven, microwave, sound bar and fireplace are all in great working condition. I did replace the TV with a smart TV. The stereo system and all interior/exterior speakers work. The water heater works great and provides hot water in about 30 minutes, it is aluminum so it doesn't need an anode. The toilet is porcelain and works well. The shower is adequately sized but there is no built in seat, so we bought a shower stool. All of the original window coverings are in like new condition and are day/night shades. The pass through storage is not as tall as some but very adequate for all our storage needs. The exterior looks like new, all except the decal at the top of the front end cap which is cracked and faded. That is a known issue but doesn't bother me enough to go have it painted, yet that is. The leaf springs are probably under rated for this 8700 lbs. dry weight 5th wheel. I noticed some sway when towing, so I took it to a shop and upgraded to 6-leaf springs with a 2" spacer block to raise the trailer about 3" total. This brought it closer in line with my Dodge 2500 that has a leveling kit. The auto-leveling system is questionable and will raise the tires off the ground while leveling. Not a real concern for me because I always manually level using the mode selections on the unit. The Dicor on the roof had some minor cracking so I resealed everything upon purchase. The roof covering was in excellent condition. There were no signs of any water leakage and there has been none since buying. The water pump went out after my purchase. It was working fine, then during a prep the next spring for a camping trip it quit. Purchased a newer and better pump but removing the old (and original pump) was a hassle because the pump is behind the pass through storage wall. And the water heater bypass and shutoff valves are behind the pump and even harder to reach. The Thermostat is not working correctly, as the AC never turns off at the desired temp setting. Not sure if the heat does the same. But both work fine when turned on. I do like the recessed ceiling vents and that the heat vents are all in the flooring. Not an issue this summer as most of our camping only required the vent fan or short periods of cooling/heating. I plan to replace it this coming spring. Our RV came with a frame welded tow hitch installed, and surmising that the previous owner was into towing I checked the frame and welds and found no issues. The underbelly covering was cut away where the hitch was welded, but I patched the cut out areas. The remainder of the underbelly skirt is in good condition. We have towed an Aluma trailer with Polaris touring ATV, weighing about 1300 lbs combined and have had no issues of any kind. I installed a battery cutoff switch at the positive lead before it goes into the camper wiring because the RV cutoff switch does not cutoff all power, such as the auto-jacks and bedroom stereo system. The original single battery box hung down below the front storage compartment through a cutout. I reconfigured with a dual battery box inside the compartment.
- Bob Jones, Utah

2020-11-15 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Prime Time Avenger 2019 bought brand new. Stay away from this manufacture. Also, do research on the place you are buying your RV from. Could be a double ding (sting)!! Only 1 propane tank worked...sill waiting for a new one (going on 9 months! WHY???) Seal around outside of slider started deteriorating after 5 months. Bedroom wall warped causing the door not to close properly. Bedroom door now warped from traveling. Going on 6 months for replacement. STILL WAITING! Black water reader broken, again! P-traps under both sinks separate while traveling. Relative easy fix but annoying. Wall paper is coming off. Recliner LED lights broken, replaced, broken again. Built in Stereo system is a joke. Stove will won't light. Asked 3x to fix. This is when I say...check every item on your repair list BEFORE you take it home from he shop!! And the list goes on and on! And the RV Center we bought it from NEVER call us with updates. I swear it would just sit in the shop for a year if I didn't make phone calls. Make sure you exhaust your 1 year warranty for repairs before it expires. Buy the extended warranty!!! Our next RV will be researched extensively BEFORE we buy.
- Cheryl Anderson, Washington

2020-11-01 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 38QB View Listings

My sister and I traveled full time in this 5th wheel. We love it. We found it pulls nicely with our 3500 RAM. We love the floor plan. Very roomy living area and we each have a bedroom. Have had some issues but Primetime worked with us to resolve those. We periodically tweak nuts, bolts and screws (due to thethe earthquake effect). We also have it serviced periodically. We would definitely recommend this unit.
- blthompson449, Colorado

2020-10-28 2016 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Very disappointed as this was my first new RV and from the first day I had problems. Rear lights wouldn't work due to an issue in the harness which the dealer did fix. The main dining slide would not go in and out smoothly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they found the whole slide was not square and so had to adjust to optimal position so it would at least work smoothly. Trim had to be fixed and reattached properly, around kitchen. The big issue is the floor in the dining slide was completely wet over half the slide and the floor was sagging and I had to strip out the floor and replace it. The design is such that water runs down the ends of the slide and wicks into the floor which is 3/4" chip board that I replaced with pressure treated plywood. I then sealed everything with silicon and new material under the slide. Luckily I am reasonably handy at this work so my only expense was the plywood. Overall very poor quality control or inspection obviously on the finished product before it leaves the shop. I called Prime Time and they would not go good for any repair work because it was too far out of the warranty period even though I have read numerous reviews with similar issues. The floor problem is a design and construction issue. From all the quality problems with these units I would say a class action would be warranted. Would not buy anything made by Prime Time again.
- John Bunyan, Nova Scotia

2020-10-15 2016 Prime Time Crusader 380MBH View Listings

Excellent RV, great customer support when I need to repair some items. Was able to call and get part numbers and then go to dealer and get the parts I needed. The floor plan is excellent, we have not had any issues with ours but normal maintenance has kept it in perfect shape. We love the Primetime Crusader. Every RV has its issues you just need to be willing to maintain it.
- Ryan Napalo, Mississippi

2020-10-08 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I have a 2018 avenger, the worst rv ever made, since new it has needed a new AC, refrigerator and inverter. Now it needs $5000 in roof and molding repair. BEWARE!!!! Do not buy anything from this company, not even a tee shirt, it would fall apart.
- Dano Devine, Florida

2020-09-27 2020 Prime Time LaCrosse 3370MB View Listings

I have a 2020 Primetime 3370mb that we bought 3 months ago. We have made two trips in it and so far no problems. I did have to seal up some holes where the roof meets the front cap the first time I climbed on the roof when I got it home . Should not have had to do that since it is a brand new camper . This is our 3ed camper and so far we are happy with it.
- Walt H, South Carolina

2020-09-24 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

I have a 2018 Sanibel 3751 and it has been a good camper. Any warranty issues were covered by Prime Time and had a few items also fixed by Prime Time beyond the warranty period. This camper would be great for full timers or that weekend/week/month trip.
- Gary Grell, Florida

2020-09-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Bought in July 2019. Used a weekend in August and September 2019. Used another weekend in June 2020. Getting ready for weekend in October Upstate NY.. Gonna be cold. I turned on heat. NO HEAT. Full gas tanks. Worked on day of walk thru when bought. Have not needed to use til now, Doesn't work. I'm told only had 1 year warranty. This is BS. Totally ridiculous
- John M., New Jersey

2020-09-18 2019 Prime Time Tracer 260KS View Listings

Was very excited to buy this travel trailer. It was a good floor plan for me and my wife. light enough to pull with my 1500 and a nice big king size bed. I put an upgraded mattress in it and and off we went for our adventure. Now here I am a year and a half later regretting I ever heard the name Forest River or Prime Time. Lousy quality and even worse customer service. The refrigerator hasn’t worked correctly since the first trip. Doesn’t get cold enough for things like ice cream and has to be defrosted at least once every two weeks. The fridge door seal lets in moisture but the manufacturer said it’s “within normal operating specifications”. AC thermostat went out two months after we bought it and the heater only comes on about half the time. Have to reset it several times for it to ignite and lord help you if it shuts off in the middle of the night. The cabinets are the worst quality particle board I’ve ever seen with some wood grain pattern laminate that peels off if you even attempt to clean them. Of course they deny the warranty claim because that’s considered water damage. The FM radio wouldn’t turn off when you tried to turn it to the auxiliary input and just played over the other input. Again the answer was, “that’s just how that radio works”. Really? How do you explain that? I had to replace the radio myself and guess what, the new one doesn’t play over the auxiliary input. The material on the loveseat console tore and even though we paid for the additional warranty for that specific item the claim was again denied. I’ve had sink faucets come loose, cabinet handles fall off, the clothes rod in the closet fall down, the valence above the window fall off, the straps holding the loveseat in place pull out of the wall and the loveseat came loose causing damage to the floor, and most recently I stepped in the shower to find a big crack right across the shower floor! I’m done. This piece of junk has to go. Every single warranty claim has been denied and I’m tired of fixing the damn thing. This is the last Forest River product I’ll ever buy and I recommend anyone else that’s looking avoid them at all costs.
- Michael Corey, North Carolina

2020-09-12 2019 Prime Time Navi 16FQ View Listings

This is our 2nd season with the Navi 16FQ. We've had no major issues. Love the layout and features: walkaround bed, good storage, counter space, shower, and skylight. Build seems to be good quality. Nice size tanks (gray, black, fresh) for a camper this size, price range and < 3,000 lbs.
- Happy Camper Couple, Virginia

2020-09-02 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

Bought new Forest River Prime Time Avenger 27RBS. Day 1 front running lights fell off. Month 1 first time we took it out entire slide out had been leaking and ruined everything on the slide out. Took it and had it repaired good for 2 months and slide out had leaked again by the 2nd time we took it out. Raised the antenna 2nd time out and had just bought a new foam mattress a month before and the antenna leaked all over the floor and mattress. Ruined mattress and bubbled up the floor. Found out when we took it back for repairs that the antenna was not covered under warranty b/c it was considered a roof leak. Also found out the antenna is only screwed to and mounted to roof membrane not to a solid surface Under roof membrane. 3rd time we took it out master bedroom window leaked all over floor and bubbled the floor up even more. Dealer fixed the window leak but not the floor from water damage. Said floor was not covered under warranty and to much work involved that FR would not pay for repairs. We also found out that the camper would probably continue to leak b/c FR spaced the studs to far apart and that the structural integrity was in dealer quote. The dealer told us the Avenger was just junk and that they stopped selling it until FR fixed the faults of the Avenger. The dealer has been great to work with and we understand they can't be held responsible for all of FR screwups. Called FR and they basically said not their problem at this point we had already owned it past what the warranty would cover. But it seems like to me the warranty was only for 2 or 3 months b/c after that time everything that happened wasn't covered. Now we are sitting here with a piece of leaking junk or floors that want to cave in. It seems like FR would want to make a decent product for happy customers but once to purchase an rv they give 2 flying flips about the customer. If we ever decide to purchase another rv it will not be a FR product.
- Wesley Hall, Georgia

2020-08-15 2018 Prime Time Sanibel View Listings

Buyer beware!!!! NEVER and I mean never buy a Forest River/ Prime Time. I bought mine brand new and had several Major issues within the first Month. I immediately let Blue dog RV in Las Vegas Nevada know about them. They referred me to the manufacturer, which happens to be Forest River. I dealt with a couple of people at the top management position. Terry Baughman, and Wendy ?. They bullied me, lied to me. And even told me to go ahead and email the owner of the company, Warren Buffett. I mean really!!!! What the........??? In short I’ve had this trailer right at 3 years. It’s been in the shop at the very least 2 out of the 3 years. Andy basically the company and the dealer could care less that their product is crap. By the way the major issues were the belly box flooding. The ceilings falling, and the biggest thing they can’t fix is the furnace. I say again NEVER purchase from them!!!!!
- Leanne, Nevada

2020-08-13 2017 Prime Time Fury 2910 View Listings

I have owned 6 travel trailers in the last 20 years, and I have to say, I love my Primetime Fury 2910! It is my first toy-hauler and I looked at a lot of trailers before deciding on this one. For the size the floor plan is great! I love that I can use it as a toy hauler, but if I just want to travel with my wife, and we decide to camp, it offers the comfort of a travel-focused trailer. The 2 fully reclining theatre seats are as comfortable as my recliner at home! It is not set up for winter camping, and it is not set up to live in full-time. It is a short-term use trailer. I rate overall quality 5/5. This is based on the quality for the price. I have owned rigs with higher quality components, but they cost more money. This rig has a lot of great high-quality features. I love the ducted heating and air, and the huge amount of interior storage space! For a toy-hauler, it is a lot of storage. The 10-foot garage is enough space for a two-seater side by side and will fit a couple of 4 seater models. I can easily fit 4 motorcycles if I don't take the side-by-side. Its dry weight is light at just under 7,300 lbs, but it's GVWR is just under 10,000 lbs, so if you have a side by side, full fresh water tank (61 gallons), a full fuel storage tank (30 gallons) and all of your gear, if you aren't careful, you could exceed the 2,400 lb cargo carrying capacity. The quality of the convertible couches in the garage is nice. They are comfortable to sit on and convert, easily to a queen-size bed, and can be stored vertically on the wall or when it is converted to a bed it can be raised to the ceiling. I love the pull-down screen on the garage entrance and that it has a trailer and a garage man-door entrance. My only complaint is there is no designated storage for the massive 50 amp power cord or the sewer hose. Also, it only comes with 1 battery and 2 20lb propane tanks. The rack on the tongue will not fit a second battery without modification. I cut the rack off, moved it about 4 inches forward, and added a piece of angle iron to accommodate a second battery, and I upgraded the propane tanks to 2 30lb tanks. I like to dry-camp for extended periods, and I don't want to worry about propane or battery power, and I don't want to run my generator constantly. My unit did not come with a generator, but it is set-up for one. I used that space for storage and since I moved the tongue rack forward, I am able to fit my 3800-watt generator, easily on the storage rack. Specs show an overall length of 34.5 feet (414 inches), however, I keep mine in a garage with 35 feet (420 inches) of available storage length and with this trailer touching the back wall I am only 2 inches from the closed door, which makes its actual length 418 inches. It's a tight fit. Overall, after taking this rig on a few outings, I am very happy, and since it was so much more affordable than other travel trailers with similar layout and the fact that it has good overall material, construction and the fact that it also has an aluminum frame, I am very happy. I don't see myself upgrading until I need more garage space.
- Chad Probasco, Utah

2020-08-12 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3102 View Listings

Bought a brand new piece of crap and i am discussed. The list is long for day three. Typical water leaks broken appliances,staples sticking out of the carpet. All the normal complaints "BUT I BOUGHT A UNIT WITH TWO A/C'S SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABIUT MY DOG BEING IN THE TRAILER AND WOULD BE SAFE. Well second day we left for a couple hours and both a/c's failed. My dog almost died and I'm passed. Junk junk junk junk junk do not buy prime time junk.....
- gunnforhire, Alaska

2020-08-12 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

My trailer listed for about 42000 bucks and I was a first time buyer but I am a last time buyer of anything made by this company this thing is a piece of junk from heating problems leaks all over electrical issues ac issues awning issues etc for that kind of money the craftsmanship on this unit is terrible if I were you I would stay away from this company
- Kevin d Horton , New York

2020-08-02 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

Air conditioner is underpowered for the size of the camper. Runs constantly and loud. Used the camper for one full season in 2016. Only used a few weekends the next 3 years. Brought up for seasonal this summer and a 4 x 6 piece of the side of the camper blew off going down the road! Ripped right off! Called company, no warranty coverage, no insurance coverage. I believe this is definitely a defect. Also, we have inside hard spots developing on the walls through the wallboard. Service is terrible once they make a sale. Any others have these issues? Any recommendations?
- Louann Tetrault, New York

2020-07-29 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

I am extremely disappointed with Holiday world I’ll get right to it they promise you the world until you take possession of the camper and then they could care less about your needs the person that answered the phone was rude and short tempered the problem is I can’t figure out the refrigerator for propane and the ac comes on when ever it wants ( operator error probably) however the lack of customer support is an absolute fail I drove by the Holiday World hoping I technician could show me the refrigerator on one of their models Wow I should not have thought that for one moment that person that received me at the unwelcome desk was livid that I did not have an appointment Ok I said I’ll make an appointment when can I get in August 13th I ask if there was a manager she leaves and comes back with a guy I know is her lunch buddy / sales man definitely not the manager Shame on you Holiday World you have no clue the meaning of customer service don’t spend your money here you will not be happy with your decision at a later date
- Cindy Cardinal, New Mexico

2020-07-28 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 318BHS View Listings

AN absolutely the worst Travel Trailer I have ever owned I have been camping 30 years . water leaks ,Electrical every thing else outside kitchen door fell off awning falling apart bedroom slide door feel off there's more . Just junk !!
- Charles Doyle, Ohio

2020-07-18 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Total piece of junk. Driving.home 1st day all clearance lights fell off . Get home 2 Jack's are stripped and water heater does not work. Water heater fix 3x. I converted to electric myself. Laminate fake wood falling off fridge fix 2x front of trailer leaked from day 1. I rebuilt b/c FR said tough Genersl RV said too bad. Drive stereo does not work any more No longer take for repairs as I can do better and FR does not honor any warranty. Never own a FR product again
- STEVELUTZ, Florida

2020-07-17 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this RV on 4/2020. I only had it for 3 months and the plumbing connection to gray tank broke causing water to drip on the underbelly which later tore off the frame, the trim on bedroom door frame came off, I guess not enough glue, I called manufacturer to give numbers of dealerships who do warranty work. I called all these numbers and I get the same feedback on how they get screwed doing warranty work and all I get is the run around. Till this day 7/16/2020 nothing has been done to repair it nor has anyone called me. I’m very upset and thinking of sending it back
- Roland Baladez, Texas