Prime Time Reviews on RV Insider (294)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2020-03-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

It’s been a great travel trailer with no issues. Easy to tow and could live in it full time! I love the 50” TV and having the outdoor kitchen. With the slide out, the livable space is very roomy. Highly recommend.
- Jill Schroeder, Arizona

2020-03-20 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since we bought it. The rook leaks all the time. The stripping around the inside ceiling keeps coming off throughout the entire RV. The siding doors want stay on track and one of them broke 2 months after we bought it. I will never by another one. Wish I knew then what I know now. Read all the reviews before you buy one.
- Andrea Cater , Tennessee

2020-03-13 2018 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

Went to pick it up after purchasing and was informed I needed to wait 2 days for the pdi to be done(should have been done while I was filling out papaerwork) I had already done the walkthrough and pointed out that the awning wasn't wired properly and they were supposed to fix that while I went home to get the truck. 2 weeks later it's still waiting on pdi, after a month I was allowed to pick it up. I have no clue what they inspected as it was dirty as hell trash in the cabinets(fast food bags, drink cups etc, etc, etc) keep in mind this was a new unit at the time first owner, I also notice the wall next to the fridge is short and the lighting behind the stove is crooked, oh and the awning was still wired backwards. Took it back waited 3 months, get it back and the speakers are now blown it is once more full of garbage and the black tank is so full of feces the shutter wouldn't close, cabinets gouged, doors missing and so on. The owner says it was lo led the entre time they had it and I must have filled the tank in the 12 hours it was at my house. 3 months later i pick it back up it is AGAIN TRASHED! And the outdoor kitchen is destroyed, it looked like they left the door open and hosed it. Now Alot of this is down to the dealer and uncaring repair staff, and as the sales people call her the dumb blonde b**** that runs parts, however the hot water heater quitting everytime I tried to use it that isn't, neither is the fact that the propane hoses leaked because of the way they bent them at the factory. I made my first 12 payments in the shop after the first one was made prior to re Irving it. And since it was out of warranty the bad kitchen faucet is on me to replace, and the fact that the wall in the cabinet on the left side of the bed looks like the wall leaks though I'm pretty it's more likely they used a bad price of wood. Oh gee and it took 9 months to get the black and grey tanks to read anything other then empty. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS HORRENDOUS COMPANY! I was told shortly after I pi led it up by forest river/primetime that the warranty starts the day it rolls off of their assembly line and ends as soon as it hits the dealers lot
- James Jones, Arkansas

2020-02-27 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26RDS View Listings

Like others, first time out hot water tank doesn't work. Problem is we were 850 miles from home in the western Colorado mountains. I found a board in Montrose and replaced it myself and it worked ok. Tank manufacturer reimbursed me for the cost when we got home. Spent a month boondocking in the Uncompadre Nat'l Forest with no real issues. We replaced the uncomfortable couch with a Rec Pro double recliner and we are very happy with the unit. We store it under a carport which really adds to the life of the trailer.
- Stephen Selvidge, Oklahoma

2020-02-17 2018 Prime Time Tracer 274BH View Listings

First I would like to start off saying that we were so excited to purchase a brand new trailer and get camping. We camp often and love having our trailer it fits our family great. The first time my husband got on the roof to wash it about 1 year after owning it he noticed what appeared to be a large crack in the wood under the membrane and it looked like there were tape lines around the crack. We contacted prime time to see what we needed to do since now our trailer was 2 months out of warranty and they told us to take it to a dealership to have it looked at. We did and they also said it appeared to be a crack. We sent pictures to prime time and they came back and said there didn’t look to be a defect. We got back on the roof and took video of us being able to put my thumb in the crack and also push down on the roof and it moved. This area was about 1 foot long and clearly looked to have been taped over under the membrane. Prime time finally after several calls from me and the dealership we took it to said they would authorize the dealership to pull back the membrane and take pictures of the area. (Not fix it yet) For me that was unacceptable. We bought a new trailer and fully expected a roof that was completely intact. I placed several more calls to Prime time and talked to a few different people when they finally said that they will authorize 27hours to remove the membrane and fix the roof. Thanks goodness we had been going back and forth on this for almost 3 months. Dropped our trailer off with the dealership October 26th to be fixed. The dealership had problems even getting the membrane from Primetime. It was not shipped to them until December 18th. Once the work started to replace the wood that was cracked the dealership discovered a total of 4 areas on the roof that needed fixed. Mind you this is a brand new trailer. Come to find out they were not cracks at all but during manufacturing they plung routered looking for the vents but missed by a lot and just taped over the mistakes. That was the case in all four places on the roof. The dealership ended up replacing 4 pieces of wood and the whole membrane. Prime time did warranty the work but my concern is that if that poor of quality was just covered up what else is a problem. Now we are out of warranty and worried about what else will come up that is a result of crappy workmanship. I wish I could post pictures and video here for all to see. I would highly recommend anyone buying from this company to really look their product over well. Get on the roof something we didn’t do because it didn’t have a ladder and we just figured it was new there shouldn’t be any problems. We couldn’t of been more wrong. Save yourself the worry and headache of having to fight to get crappy workmanship covered by warranty.
- Stephanie Krahenbuhl, Washington

2020-02-06 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

This camper was leaking from the slides at first and we fixed that, then the floors started rotting and appeared to be water damage even in the dry season. We have not found the leaks but the whole floor from front to back is mushy and gives way into a hole if you try to walk on it. Very dissatisfied with quality of this camper.
- netamom, Florida

2020-02-01 2020 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our 26BH for a week. The only thing I can say is it pulls very easy. Lots of storage under the camper. Plenty of storage inside the camper. Large gray/black water dump handles. The only thing I can say negatively so far is the lack of a front porch light. It does have a nice bright led bar the length of the awning but it maybe too bright so a smaller amber porch light at the stairs would be better in my opinion when you don’t feel like blinding the neighbors. Some other things I have seen would be mark the 30 amp power cable when you have reached the end (my daughter kept trying to pull) but I will get some orange duck tape and mark the end so she will know not to pull more. Another, the awning is adjustable so that if it is down the door can scrape the awning and possibly rip the awning. mark the awning support arms so you know not to go pass this point or risk damaging the awning. No comments on the factory warranty no need yet. We look forward to many adventures in our Avenger.
- William Erwin, Georgia

2020-01-30 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 327RES View Listings

This RV makes living easy with the double refrigerator/freezer and the electric fireplace. The 2 leather recliners make relaxing in front of the large back window or tv viewing very enjoyable. Trailering this unit is steady with great balanced weight and just enough tongue weight for easy towing. The floor is well defined and makes eating inside or out perfect with a well set-up bathroom for easy showering or changing.
- Bob T, Ohio

2020-01-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

I fell in love with this RV and the floor plan. I have however had nothing but problems with this unit. The underbelly filled with water due to a grey tank not being connected correctly. It was winter, so it froze and destroyed wiring and heating pads. The fittings on the hot water blew apart, filling the under belly with water. after one road trip of 400 miles, several pieces of trim (walls and ceiling) worked loose due to not being properly fastened at the factory. It was Flex Tested and found to be outside the limits. Crown modeling was not cut correctly at the factory and had to be replaced. The kitchen slide wall has a huge square hole, that sunk into the side, delamination is what the called. The whole was had to be replaced. There is delamination all over the RV. the floor supporting the all in one washer/dryer fell through, after taking it apart it was found there were no center supports underneath it, and the edge supports were put together with staples that pulled apart. The bed supports were not cut to the correct length and causes the slide to move before the bed goes with it. The clear coat on the front cap has broken down and now requires repainting. The underbelly cover is nothing but cheap couragted plastic that has been replaced several times. Floor mounted heat registers are in holes that were cut too big, so the screws do not hold them in place. Stripped screws in the living room slide causes fuses to be blown anytime the slides were moved. The entire Cable/Sat wiring had to be rewired due to failure after the first road trip. I am truly disappointed in this unit. I purchased this brand new.... buyer beware of Prime Time and Forest River!!!
- Dustin Owens, Colorado

2020-01-13 2014 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 318BHS View Listings

We had some minor issues when we got home from picking the Trailer up from our Dealer 110 miles away. I was nervous the first few times pulling this 36' trailer, but it was hardly noticeable (glad I had sold the 1/2 Ton Suburban and didn't buy the little sister- beware dealers will try to convince you that a 1/2 ton will tow anything-not!). We were hasty picking it up so they drove to our home to do the repair the following week. The Dinette Bed was out of adjustment and had to be modified for sleeping (very minor compared to horror stories for most makes). We have towed this trailer with our Chevy 3500 1 ton on average a couple of trips a year ~5,000 miles and found it to be a great towing trailer. We do a lot of dry camping and it has served us well for the last 6 years. The only regret is that the 318-BHS is too nice for a family that came from Tent camping our whole lives. Huge front Storage bay, large fridge plenty of Storage inside. It does take some finageling to get into some of the Prime camping spots with a Bumper Pull. I love the Outdoor Kitchen for Coffee and Bacon in the wee hours before the family gets up. With the 2 slides, there is mega room inside, our unit has a fireplace under the TV and it works great for a moderate heat source and ambience. The large awning outside is where I prefer to spend the evenings, the Outdoor Kitchen also serves as a great wet Bar, love the swing out BBQ on the back corner.
- Matt, Oregon

2020-01-07 2018 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 24DBS View Listings

Easy to pull with my tahoe, plenty of room for my family of 4 without bumping in to everyone. larger shower than most Rv's, I am 6' 1" 240lbs and fit in the shower with room to spare. good all around camper.
- Nicklispwest, Illinois

2019-12-28 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Crusader 382MBH in October. One of the first things we noticed as soon as we walked in was the back splash for the hutch was laying on the table. And the trim for the steps was off. But the big eyesore was that the chairs for the table were from 2 different sets. One had diagonal slats the other had horizontal slats. The seat cushions were 2 different colors, one off white the other a deep grey, the base was entirely different as well. But that was not as bad as the steps which are a DEATH TRAP. THE bottom one is 7.75" the middle is 10" and the top is 9.25". These problems only add to what we found once we actually brought it home and got it ready for use. There was NO HEAT VENT in the bathroom. You could feel the cut out through the linoleum and this would stretch if you stepped on it while the heat was on(they just laid the flooring right over it). The microwave was placed too close to the cabinet so that you could not open it all the way and it hit the trim which was hung crooked. The trim by the recliner was not attached and just hung by a top nail. The bunkhouse door was crooked. Off over 1/2 inch. All this we thought we could deal with until we got it serviced. When we got home and started to load it we found they appeared to have swept ALL the sawdust under the steps which vent into the camper. (a fire hazard) Then we went camping. When we got to our destination the ENTIRE CLOSET ROD HAD FELL. looking at it, they had screwed the middle hook to the ceiling where there was NOTHING TO HOLD IT. If they had moved it 2" back (as we did) they would have hit a board. Of course this meant moving the braces on either side as well. Then we used the shower. AFTER 4 USES IT WOULD NOT DRAIN. At servicing they found that THE BATHROOM GREY WATER HAD NO WASTE VALVE CABLE TO DRAIN THE GREY WATER. Of course that meant water all over the bathroom and a mess to clean up. Also there was a screw under the carpet in the bedroom (OUCH) with the sharp end up. GENERAL RV IN ASHLAND VA WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO resolve these problems AND ALL IN ONE VISIT. Except for the chairs which PRIME TIME DOESN'T SEE AS A WARRANTY ISSUE
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-12-20 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

Worst support I've ever seen. Chairs did not match in style, color, or, design. Bathroom did not have heat vent in floor. Cut out was there but they layed the linoleum right over it. Steps are a death trap. Bottom is 7.5", middle is 9" and top step is 10.25". Microwave is so close to cabinet it doesn't open all the way, hits the trim which is crooked.
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-12-14 2019 Prime Time Sanibel 3851 View Listings

We purchased a 2019 sanibel and has been the worst purchase we have ever made!!! We have been in our 5th wheel 5 months and it as been a nightmare!!! We live in ours full time so all these issues are a high inconvenience. We have a hydraulic leak on one of the legs so can't keep it level. We have already fixed 4 or 5 water leaks. There are staples sticking up in the carpet. Water pours out of the toilet. The heater doesn't work. The thermostat doesn't work correctly. The tv in the living room has gotten where it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to come on. Yes we called and took it in for ALL this to be fixed, which was an inconvenience because it's about 2 hours away and again we live in it. They had it 2 days and said all was fixed except for some water leaks under the heater and the hydraulic leak because they have to order parts that could take up to 8 WEEKS to come in. NOTHING except the heater is fixed!!!! The toilet still pours water,the TV still takes forever to come on etc. VERY disappointed and disgusted with this whole deal!!! We paid over 50,000 for this unit!!! Very dissatisfied!!
- Donna Allen, Texas

2019-12-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Love my prime time Sanibel 3701.Everthing works great with no problem.Auto level is very nice to have and simple to operate.All the storage and cabinets are much needed and very much used.Almost everyone that checks out my Sanibel says wow this is very nice and they think it's a 100,000 fifth wheel.Ive had many campers but this one beats all the others.I bought this camper used with no warranty.Had to fix a couple things myself but all easy stuff since I have some tools on hand and a drill with a square drive.Demand pump would freeze up when down to 15degess so I disconnected from basement floor and remounted up one foot to main floor using same plumbing.Pump does not freeze up now and only took 45 min to do.The only thing I don't like is the noisy Atwood furnace,almost all Atwood's are super noisy so I'm going to replace it with a suburban sf35fq because it is nice and quiet.Well now it's time to head West in Prime Time style.
- Michael Lowe, Wisconsin

2019-12-06 2016 Prime Time Spartan 1245 View Listings

Worst camper I’ve ever owned kitchen slide tore the floor first week bedroom slide stuck halfway out found outer wall had to be opened up and reweld the wall structure back and replace the electric drive replaced all fender support cooling unit in the refrigerator front air lost the compressor and had to be replaced found a water line leaking under island mold everywhere can’t keep screws in rear bed lift replaced docking station lid twice thank goodness for good Sam extended warranty
- Eric Harper Sr, Louisiana

2019-12-04 2018 Prime Time Tracer 294RK View Listings

This is an extremely well built and comfortable travel trailer. It took my husband and I a long time to find this particular floor plan and we love it! I feel very safe driving it down the road and its never had an issue. I love it!!!
- Mary Page Schinholser, Virginia

2019-11-22 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3591 View Listings

Poorly built heater quits working when it has to work hard to try and heat the unit can’t heat up to 60 on 20° days. hot days ACs don’t cool it down bathroom walls are flimsy had to put new tires on it after six months screws are always coming loose microwave quit after six months I highly recommend you guys not buying a prime time forest river camper.
- Blake, Colorado

2019-11-11 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

Seems to be a high end camper. We have had very good luck with ours. We haven’t had any problems with leaks or the slide outs. Love the 50” tv, the kitchen island and the large refrigerator. I especially love the outdoor kitchen with the stainless steel grill. We bought from a dealership that is very good at standing behind what they sell.
- M Jarman, North Carolina

2019-10-29 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

on 02/07/15 we ordered a custom built sanibel, from campers inn , kings mt, n.c. we had a new job in virginia beach, va starting 04/12/15 we got a call from the dealer about 7 days before we had to go to new job, that the rv was on the carrier and they would have it within a couple of days, a couple days later we got a call for dealer that the rv was lost they cannot fine it 2 days later they had a rv for and it was a 2016, rv came in, did not have queen bed in the king slide, had central vacuum did not want. told prime time refused to built what we wanted. it was supposed to have 4 season, as we are full timers, we do not have it, only three windows are winter. the doors have cracked wood, not the stove we wanted, wanted lane furniture, got franklin, which is seconds, material is coming off theater seats, foot release will not release the foot extension, dealer told us you have to live with it. franklin warranty starts the day it is made so we only had 5 months. the bathroom sink came in cracked and old dirty caulk. shower wall one half is unpolished and dull, mirrored doors have excessive glue on bottom bedroom has very little heat coming to it. ac unit in bed ceiling has a foot long piece of vent tape hanging loose,again we have to live with it. side widow is note snug in the wall lots of cold air comes in. we had rv 3 days and in virginia we had a heavy rain storm, water was coming for ac like a water fall, called mobile tech, he found the ac was jammed into the ceiling hole had a half in open hole no take or calk he had to remove and reset the ac rubber roof is full of air pockets, had to have it repainted 2 years ago. kitchen sink leaked, kitchenade refrig bottom door had a dent in it. drawers keep falling off rails, doors are not even, back wall doors when traveling open. have to tie them shut. now about 1 year ago we found the dinette floor sinking down apparently we have had a major leak from the entry door slide, which we never had known, it is going to cost us $11,000. to fix floor up to kitchen are is soft. we also ordered a 40 foot and we have a 43. a mobile tech told us this rv was sitting outside in a field for some time. all prime time says is it is out of warranty. Campers inn said we will fix it at your cost, we are new management and did not sell it , ever where we have gone gives us another excuse, too big, did not sell, wait list is 6 months. the reason the slide is floor is sinking is because the slide gasket is trimmed too short and not long enough, rv was 5 months old had to replace the read rv, storage in belly has had two major floods from faulty pipe installation, we have kept the middle area of the belly untouched so you see how they clean you new rv. ceiling vents were full of wood chips and sawdust, the dealer tried to change the king bed to a queen size bad job there too, while we were sleeping then the frame work caved it have so many more things wrong it not funny
- phil and gloria hurl, Florida

2019-10-26 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

We have owned our avenger camper for about five years. I think this thing has been in the shop at least twice a year. The last time was for the A/C unit going out. I had the extended warranty but it only covers major appliances which the A/C is. It still cost me close to 400 dollars to change it out. It has been in the shop for water leaks and I still have a water leak in the same location. I will be putting it back in the shop as soon as I get back home. Also right about the time my one year bumper to bumper warranty expired I noticed the header beam over the slide out had shifted. The dealership quoted me a price of something like 1200 to 1500 to repair. I personally would not buy a prime time product again. I know our camper is not high end but if you pay over $20,000 for a product you would expect it to be quality and this camper is not. If you are in the market for a camper, choice wisely and read reviews. Just for the record, I am fairly aggressive when it comes to caring for our camper. I wash and condition the roof twice a year. I wash camper about every 3 moths regardless if we use it. I use black spray paint to touch up and rusty spot on under carriage areas. I was out tanks every time it goes out. I keep the A/C on during the summer to prevent high temps on inside of camper (We live in the south, it get hot). My wife and I are the only people to use the camper, our kids are grown. But regardless of the effort I still have put this thing in the shop a lot. Buyers be ware.
- The Smiths/read before buying, Louisiana

2019-10-21 2016 Prime Time Fury 2912X View Listings

DO NOT BUY JUNK will not stand behind flooring never had no leaks Insurance said its a manufacture defect manufacture will not cover it And General RV will not cover it so we are out $35000 This is a Prime Time Fury 2912 2016
- Deborah Kimble, Florida

2019-10-20 2016 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

At first every thing seamed to be OK, but then every thing started coming apart. The first time we were setting up the Slide-out wouldn't go out all the way on the left side. You could stick your fingers between the seal and the wall at the bottom. There was a metal plate on the end of the bar attached to the outer wall that was bent. We took it to a dealer for repair figuring that it would be covered under the "Bumper to Bumper" extended warranty. The shop removed the gear bar with the bent plate off and straightened it out in a vice and re-installed it. The warranty company wouldn't cover the 4-1/2 Hour job because it was considered it an adjustment. That was not the end of it because when we we're setting up at our campground the metal plate bent again. So back to the same shop and they re-did the job. Well that still wasn't the end of the problem. We went to another campground about a hundred miles down the road and while setting up, the plate bent again, only worse. Now it's pushing out the plastic fender skirting. I thing the next step is to take it to another shop and see if they can get a replacement Bar or weld a heavier plate on so it doesn't bend again. Obviously the brackets were under engineered. But it gets worse! a good share of the paneling is coming loose throughout the trailer. It's put up with little staples like you would use to fasten insulation to the walls of a house. the floor on the slide-out is sagging like there are no floor stringers under it. There is no way you can sit on a chair and eat on the table as the table and the chairs would tip over. It looks like the bottom of a small fishing boat. The supposed new roof leaks when the air conditioner is running. one of these days the ceiling is going to be laying on the floor. Next is the furnace won't work. The problems keep mounting up.I could go on for a day.
- David, Texas

2019-10-14 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3311RK View Listings

We love this travel trailer .. only thing I'm struggling with is the fridge .. we winter camp, but I cant figure out how to shut the fridge off without shutting the complete trailer down .. any suggestions .. thks
- Melinda Pelley , Alberta