Prime Time

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Cav from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our little camper for 4 weeks, now normally we understand new campers have bugs that need to work out and they will spend their fair share in the shop at first, however with this camper the flaws are pretty major. The siding what not installed correctly and literally starting coming off the coach at a mear 60mph on our way home from a trip, to our surprise it was actually due to it not being installed all the way into its channel during installation, our graphics are already bubbling and coming off, the grey and black tank valves broke from the inside and now we can't drain them. Along with the furnace will not stay on the the microwave lasted 1 day. Ladies and gents - we only owned this camper for 4 weeks and camped in it a total of 4 days. Not to mention it is stored in a climate controlled warehouse... I am awaiting to hear from prime time as to how they are going to handle this lemon I'll keep you posted.
- M Cav, Florida

2021-07-21 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 2911RB View Listings

Beautiful camper, with terrible quality! Let me list the things that have gone wrong- speaker had water damage after first week of camping, had to replace outdoor water shower due to major leak (was winterized properly) had to replace electrical cord- only half worked, AC quit in the middle of summer last year abs was told 4 week wait to get fixed……window seal leak….. and the worst of all- the paint is peeling off of the front and the manufacturer refuses to do anything about it! I’ve stored the camper in climate controlled area over winter all years. Sits in an annual lease rest of year. Never should paint peel like this!!! Do research people!!! I’ve seen numerous complaints on the same thing! I bought with a 3 year warranty and I’m told that doesn’t include paint because it’s “missing a factory sticker!” No where in any of my information does it say it has to have a sticker for the paint! The sticker- FYI is not the graphics sticker, it’s some sticker that identified the paint!!!! How would any consumer know this!!!!!
- Ellie Borrowman, Illinois

2021-07-20 2013 Prime Time Crusader 260RLD View Listings

Well where to start after about 1 year the nose cap started to crack all around where the screw are to hold it on. Contact Rick who handles warranty after a good long talk he said that Prime Time would pay half this is cause it was passed the warranty period time (this what all manufactures have it’s called AWA after warranty assistance) but I would have to paid for it up front. This was in spring 2015 so cap ordered trailer when in cost was $5600.00 cad. So I call this Rick and told him it was fitted and the cost then he said he did say that Prime Time would paid anything towards the repair. It took several call to Rick before he finally said they would paid and that did $1960.00 us if I remember right which end up being about 60-40 split me being the 60 but the repair/dealership was great repair done perfect no more cracking around the screws. Next it was the plumbing connectors leaking and no winterizing kit installed. So I repaired the plumbing install winterizing kit snd replaced the shower head ( this one I did to save water and increase water pressure). Now the electrical had to replace several connectors and also replace wiring with a 4 gauge welding cable with proper connects made a proper ground and installed a battery disconnect. Now the battery charges properly. Now the China bombs have only 12000 km these and had to replace them. The fenders were all cracking around all the screw they replace them. I reinforced behind the fenders. Now the good points with the good tires this trailer pulls like a dream. The bedroom area is a good size easy to get around. Living area is a good size dining area is just ok a little as am 6’4” so it’s going to be tight lol. Kitchen area work really well. Over all I do like this trailer but they do need to step up the quality but all trailer manufacturers have the same problems. The trailers are build as cheap as possible to get maximum profit. So all in all if anyone can find a perfect trailer at a reasonable price that we don’t have to fix I think we would all buy one. Now the last word I have finally got my trailer to a point where I can enjoy it now with pulling out the tools to fix things. Also remember that all manufacturers have AWA so don’t take no or answer cause they can help you out in a reasonable time frame from new purchase.
- Brent, Alberta

2021-07-12 2020 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We bought a crusader 5th wheel Model number 382MB H we've had it for about 7 months now and of had 5 camping trips in it and from day one we've had problems with the AC and on our last camping trip it started leaking from the ceiling as well as the other review I was just reading from the gentleman in Georgia it was poorly designed with the AC...we have had nothing but problems with this unit in the 7 months we have had it I totally agree that you pay that kind of money you should not have this many problems!!! I do understand that little things will go wrong, but this is just too many....Primetime needs to step up and fix the problems, I would not recommend this unit we want to get rid of it!!!
- Charlotte, Florida

2021-07-11 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse 3311RK View Listings

This model was a warranty replacement Lacrosse from my 2019 model due to poor structural concerns! Just started my vacation last week with my new 2021 lacrosse and it started first with bedroom slide being jammed closed (gear and track stripped out) under belly protection came off while driving, had to replace the battery, door fell off in bedroom, while travelling it rained and it filled with water inside (defective seals) and all the T- handles for the holding tanks broke off when pulling on them! Overall beautiful RV but poor workmanship, not worth the money! This was 2 Lacrosse 3311RK we had since 2019 and both were nothing but TROUBLE LEMONS πŸ‹ πŸ‹ . Not to mention that we were a full year without the model due to warranty decisions and we still had to make our monthly payments on itπŸ˜”πŸ˜”!! We had a 2012 CROSSROADS ZINGER for 7 tears and never had a issue with it. This will be by far my last time that I’ll ever own a PRIMETIME OR FOREST RIVER RV again! We are actually gonna trade it for and different band and take the loss! Other than that our dealer is doing the best they can for us!
- David, Newfoundland and Labrador

2021-07-01 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 24RLS View Listings

We have owned the trailer since new, we have had no issues with our trailer. What ever miner problems we had the manufacture and Range RV, Hesperia were very responsive and took care of the trailer. When the Water Heater went out my husband called the manufacture and they sent a replacement part that was easy to fix. They walked my husband through the process which took all of 5 minutes. We have been very happy with this trailer. It was a great purchase.
- Monica Robinson, California

2021-06-25 2012 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 308RES View Listings

Excellent Travel Trailer! Very Reliable and fantastic floor plan! This trailer is laid out perfect for a couple or family. Tons of room to sleep and lounge around. The camper stays cool in the summer or very warm in the winter. Built-in floor and ceiling ducting help A LOT! Highly recommend! You wont be disappointed!
- JamesP., Michigan

2021-06-24 2021 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

Bought brand new. Molding falling off faster than we can put back on, fascia fell off in transit. Water heater leaking in bunk room (husband had to fix). Awning lights stuck on and cannot extend or retract from inside. Contacted Corporate office and their response,"pay out of pocket and submit a claim?" Still under original warranty and we purchased EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT! For what? ZERO SUPPORT, ZERO SERVICE! I would highly recommend finding another manufacturer and NOT to purchase the Crusader 382MBH. Will never buy again!
- SUSAN LOYD, Florida

2021-06-23 2013 Prime Time Sanibel 3400 View Listings

This RV is beautiful! It was very well taken care and the kitchen was amazing. There was also plenty of storage all over this RV! We went to see this unit on a hot day and the unit remained very cool without the AC on. The owner was extremely informative and answered all our questions. We would have bought this one but decided to go a little bigger for our needs.
- Julie, Texas

2021-06-22 2021 Prime Time Tracer 25RBS View Listings

Camper is only 2 1/2 months old and the paneling is falling down, the roof is leaking, and my thermostat is not working. When I went to the camper store they said to contact this number 574-862-1025 When I called I waited 45 min. on hold, the when 5:00 rolled around the phone hung up and said they were closed. I don't expect to get any satisfaction from this company. NOTHING BUT CRAPPY WORKMANSHIP, and terrible service.
- Glenn, North Carolina

2021-06-20 2020 Prime Time Crusader 297RSK View Listings

We bought our camper brand new at the end of January 2021. We’ve had several minor issues since we bought it, and I have fixed them myself. We are on our 5th camping trip since we bought it five months ago, and during a typical Georgia shower, water begins pouring from the ceiling. I am not happy right now. You don’t pay this kind of money to have such issues.
- Tim Daugherty, Georgia

2021-06-11 2017 Prime Time Spartan 300 3210 View Listings

This is an update to my Jan 2018 review. We still have the rig and overall I'm pretty well satisfied with it. All major components are working well (Generator, Frig, Heater, Air Conditioners, Electrical, leveling jacks etc) I've put over 17000 mile on it since we bought it in 2017. Tires are still holding up quite well. Over the last 4 years. We have actually lived in it for a total of about 1 year (365 days) We snow birded it each year for about 3 months. I found out the leak we had in the shower floor was due to weight. When we bought the rig I weighed about 270. I lost alot of weight a last year (200 now) and the floor doesn't leak any more. At one point I had a major problem with the bedroom air conditioner starting and stopping then just blowing outside air (no compressor) I had a guy come out to look at it and he couldn't find out what was causing it (2019) I gave up on fixing it and took it home from Phoenix. When we got ready for our 2020 trip (Jan 2020) it was working fine and has been ever since. I mark it up to road vibration must have broke it then fixed it. No major problems to speak of except the wheel wells still flap going down the road. Very week struts holding them in (they broke at the welds against the side). Need to fix probably just take drilling hole and placing screw. I still feel this thing tows exceptionally well. I even fell in a ditch at one point, rig was at a 35 degree angle fully loaded. Trucks two driver side wheels were about 6 in off the pavement. Had tow truck right us and not a problem with suspension or tow tongue or tires. Probably had about 12,000 lbs in trailer. My tow vehicle is a 2017 Ram 3500 (not dually) with 6.4 hemi gas. Overall I like the rig for what I paid for it. Would like a little more room but that would cost more. I give the rig a 3.8 out of 5.
- Dajavou, Colorado

2021-05-18 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3702WB View Listings

We just spent our first 4 nights living in our brand new 3702wb. Let's just say although it is very attractive to the eye there are many flaws on design and quality. Start 1st and most important! Wear a hard hat when walking around bedroom slideouts. I fixed this by applauding black pipe insulation tubes at edges. Now for the inside. Kitchen is attractive but highly difficult to work in. Only two outlets near counter one by sink. Totally useless if you need to plug in. And one by front of stove. Nothing under cabinets like my old 5th wheel. Wich would have been great when plugging in coffee maker or stand mixer. The two cabinets above counter are hard to access. Upper shelves are way too high. I purchased a step stool and I still have problems reaching things because of where they are placed. Cabinet above the fridge although roomy. Just can't reach. Now to fridge. Though it looks big I cannot figure out where 15qsf if space is. Don't think of putting a gallon of anything in it. Only one fruit/veg crisper. And two freezers. Why? Now to the overall outlet problem. There are not many. One by dining table. (And I will get to that issue) nothing by couches or bed. Although I did find one deep inside closet. Useless. Dining room table. Not sturdy at all. Wobbles enough to make using it a no go. And this is a design issue. Bathroom sink very cheap plastic with tiny faucet that makes washing hands difficult. No place to hang a towel or toilet paper. I bought a floor stand for that. Mattress is awful. I have added two mattress toppers just to get it almost comfortable. Slide out buttons placed just too close to light switches in hall and bedroom. Make sure you pay attention when turning on lights in the dark. We hat all the manuals in the nice packet but nothing on the RV itself. Just appliances. We have to live with it now. But would I buy this model if I really took an depth look at everything. No. I had to give one star to factory warranty and support. Even though we are still compiling a list to send them.
- michelle rupp, California

2021-05-17 2021 Prime Time Avenger BH22 View Listings

My main issue is the stove top knobs. They are close to a burner. One got so hot when I turned it off the red ring around the knob heated up so much it molded around my finger burning it. There is still an impression on it like sticking my finger is melted plastic.
- Ted, Texas

2021-05-13 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

We purchased new from dealer 2017. Love the floor plan. Alpin Haus, dealer, lied about the warranty, air conditioner is def under powered, had an issue last season with the fiberglass siding flying off the side driving down the road. Got no assistance or reasoning from mfg. Cost 3k to get fixed! coming home today from NC the other side of the camper flew off! Very poor quality, def defect in this model at least! Do your homework before purchasing from Primetime! Very unhappy customer! This could have killed someone!
- Louann Tetrault, New York

2021-05-05 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Loved everything about this travel trailer. It has room for everyone with the queen bed, double bunks, sofa and u-shaped dinette. Great tv. Love the outdoor kitchen. The awning with lights and the exterior speakers enlarge your living space.
- Denise Kish, Michigan

2021-04-28 2020 Prime Time PTX 160BH View Listings

Like trailer a lot. Used 3 times and siding is cracking. Sent pictures of crack. Was told it is a seam. There's no seam's on rear of camper. Sent more pictures. No response back. Have had to call them to get an email answer back. If I can get rid of this one, I will never buy a Forest River product again. They don't stand behind there products. I know it's not top end, but was hoping it would last longer.
- Paul Leblond, Maine

2021-04-17 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BK View Listings

Not happy at all. Furnace has to be constantly blown out. Thermostat broke off wall. Just twist the locks on outside storage, no need for keys. Oven will not light. Bathroom door was screwed in sideways. Blinds fell off first month. Table will not tighten, cushions held on by velcro which wore out the first use. Outside door hook fell off. Faucet does not turn off. Screws through out the camper are all stripped and put in sideways. The couch and table convert to beds. Great if you are only 4 foot tall. We purchased this 2018 in 2019 at end of season. Did not get to use much in 2020 because of covid. I can't imagine what condition it would be in if we did actually use more often. The fridge, air conditioning and microwave work great!
- John L FISHER, Ohio

2021-04-15 2020 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

Overall the RV was good with good space, recommended for a couple, Too small for a ful family. Bedroom is too small to walk. Bunks are completely fine. Couch is very high quality. The big thing is the unreliablity, the brakes shattered on the way home halfway through on a 3 hour trip, which is expected on a used trailer but ours Was brand new. Overall pleased with most qualities but unreliablity is a very big factor. Overall I recommend this camper to a couple or a single parent with a kid or two.
- Connor Joerndt, Ohio

2021-04-14 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 29RBS View Listings

This is our second 27RBS and we couldn't be happier! We bought a new 2017 at an RV show in Atlanta. Fell in love with the huge bathroom and the simple roomy floor plan. Had lots of adventures for 3 years with zero problems. I'm a big guy. 6'4" and about 350 pounds so I need a good sized shower with head room. Also want to mention that I've walked on the roof many times and it's been as strong as an ox. We went back to that same show last year. Every upgrade we had planned to do to our 2017 was already done in the 2020 plus some we didn't think of. With the newer entertainment space, there's room to upgrade from a 50" TV to a 65" TV =) Since we loved our first one so much, it was an easy decision to trade in our 2017 for the new 10th Anniversary Edition. We have had an absolute blast with it. Over a year later and zero problems.
- Ron Henley, Georgia

2021-04-14 2017 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 337RKT View Listings

This is the worst rv ever made. The plumbing is a nightmare of different size tubing that leaks and cannot be sealed correctly. The slide outs leak because rain water wicks up from the flooring water barrier and rots the floor out. None of the entertainment center was connected from the factory. Just a bundle of wires stuffed behind the radio. The shower leaked due to inadequate support underneath. The exterior lighting failed. Condensation builds up and molds anything in the storage compartments. The handles for the grey and black tanks feel like they're going to break. This is a bad manufacturer!
- Zevin Stroum, Washington

2021-04-12 2019 Prime Time Lacrosse Luxury Lite 336RKT View Listings

Nothing but problems since day one DO NOT BUY. Factory warranty has been denied 3 times. I repeat do not buy this camper horrible treatment for me do not buy. Water heater was bad and has a leak on the slide out but for some reason was my fault
- greg bowman, Tennessee

2021-04-01 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

I own one. Been a great fifth wheel. All warranty work necessary completed and Prime Time repainted front cap paint 1 year out of warranty. Full living space when sliders are out, multiple closet and dresser space.
- Gary Grell, Florida

2021-03-26 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RB View Listings

We bought this camper new in 2018. Brought it home from dealer. On the 1 hour drive home the closet shelf fell off the wall. The supports on the wall pull out of the wall. Fixed it myself because the dealer was an hour away. Had a few minor issues here and there. Fixed them myself. This week we got it out of storage and found water damage in the front storage compartment. Almost three years old and it has extensive water damage. This unit was always stored indoors in the winter. It was only out when we were camping. Extremely poorly built. Dealer says leaks are not covered under warranty. I would say maybe just one bad one from the manufacturer but my sister also bought the same model a month after I did. She has had nothing but problems from hers too. Stay away from this manufacturer.
- Tim, Illinois

2021-03-13 2018 Prime Time Lacrosse 3299SE View Listings

This RV was a problem since purchase. The counter was chipped, sink peeled, when we turned furnace on it almost started a fire from stuff that wasnt properly taken care of when it was unpackaged. Now the paint is peeling off the front. Not a good quality RV for the price we paid!
- Bette states, New York