Prime Time RVs Reviews (246)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Have you owned any Prime Time RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2019-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

What initially sold us on this RV is the living space. It has all of the amenities of home. The quality of materials and construction is better than your average unit. It has the climate package with better insulation and heaters for the tanks. The suspension rides really well. I have no problem pulling it with my 2500 for the size of the unit. Storage is a plenty, which was important for full-timing. The extended warranty has taken care of any issues we have had, even covered items we didn't think they would. Very satisfied, overall, with this model.
- Steve Botschon, Texas

2019-06-17 2018 Prime Time Tracer Breeze 26DBS View Listings

We purchased this camper new from colerainrv in Cincinnati. We are very pleased with our purchase....it is a great camper with lots of features. I see complaints in these forums but we have had no problems whatsoever. The only complaint/concern with this unit is the bunks are tight for an adult to access (it is no issue for kids). We have done several upgrades including back up camera, bed topper, power jack, etc. i also bought and installed additional shelves inside the cabinets. Overall, we are very happy and highly recommend this unit
- Bryan, Kentucky

2019-06-10 2019 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

We love the rv. The problem is the warranty and customer service after taking possession. Our trailer leaked and have major water damage true the winter months from a defective or lack of seal around furnace cover. The dealer has filed a warranty claim but Primetime is refusing to help. We regret so bad to purchase their product. Anyone shopping for a new RV, STAY CLEAR OF PRIMETIME. There is many other manufacturer out there. I wish I could go back and start over. I know where we wouldn't buy from.
- Gilles Laflamme , Nova Scotia

2019-06-01 2019 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

We purchased our trailer in March 2018 so we could set it up for the season at our seasonal site early. Used it all summer with no issues. Closed it in Oct for the winter and when we opened it in April 2019, it had leaked from the furnace vent all winter. Our local dealer agreed with us and filed a warranty claim to Forest River. No help from them because they say we are 2 weeks past the 12 months time. It is clearly a manufacturing defect Do not make the same mistake we did. Stay away from FOREST RIVER
- Gilles Laflamme, Nova Scotia

2019-05-30 2013 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Bought our Prime Time Crusader 295RST 32 footer used after checking overall ratings online. Crusader came in the top 10 out of 6-700 similar 5th wheels. Easy to pull and a pleasure to live in and show off. Kept the 295RST for 3 seasons and bought another used bigger brother 2014 Crusader 320RLT 36 footer for more room for extended wintering. The new 5th has all the usual "glamping" amenities as the 295RST. Primetime Crusader are a step above your typical 5th wheeler
- David, Michigan

2019-05-22 2014 Prime Time Crusader 285RET View Listings

My family thoroughly enjoyed the 5th wheel. Plenty of storage and the outdoor kitchen is a fantastic option. Cooking breakfast outside without waking up the family was priceless. Having the outdoor fridge also makes it convenient to grab a beverage without tracking in and out of the trailer.
- Joe Jezioro , New York

2019-04-30 2018 Prime Time Tracer 2940RKS View Listings

We love this trailer, especially the large kitchen, leather furniture and fireplace! We simply decided we were better suited to a motor home and have since purchased one. This travel trailer is like brand new and well below the resale price. It was over $50,000 new....this is a great deal. We have also added extra towing devices to make your trip more comfortable.
- Donna Karolick, Florida

2019-04-29 2015 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT View Listings

My husband and I bought this trailer brand new. The things that appealed to us were the amount of storage in every room, the roominess of the shower, the ability to sleep many family members and of course the quality workmanship of the trailer. We have never had any issues with the Tracer, so we never had to use the warranty. You can't say that about every brand of camper! You and your family and friends will have years of entertainment in this large trailer!
- Patti Lucas, Georgia

2019-04-23 2018 Prime Time Avenger 27RBS View Listings

Love the layout, and easy to tow, however at only 8 months old i have had to fix the toilet, fridge, a/c, and now in the middle of replacing all the paneling in the bedroom from water damage. I said that right 8 months old and the mold in the walls is like it was leaking the day a brought it home. only noticed the issue because the floor under the bed was soft and the "wall paper" was bubbling. after hearing the horror stories of lengthy repairs and denied warranty claims i am just having it repaired myself so i know its done right.
- Dan, Florida

2019-04-22 2016 Prime Time Avenger 18TH View Listings

Perfect for two. Love off road camping. Bed is a bit small but everything else is great. Love the electric awning and electric hitch. Has full size appliances and good bathroom space. Axels were low but after flipping them it can go everywhere. Like the 2 batteries and 2 5 gallon propane tanks. Heats up and cools off fast!
- Zeffie Nelson-Barton, Utah

2019-04-21 2015 Prime Time Tracer 2750RBS View Listings

I love this camper and would definitely be able to live in it as a full time RV’er if the timing were right. We are not quite there yet so we are downing sizing for now because we aren’t using it as much as we had hoped at this time in our life. When friends and family step into our camper they are always amazed at the storage and the amount of light that comes in. Everything works and this has been a wonderful camper for us. The timing for taking off on longer trips just isn’t working as planned right now. Hoping to find a new owner who will love it as much as we have!
- Debbie, Michigan

2019-04-07 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

I have a 2014 Avenger prime time, when I went looking for a camper , it was the first one the dealer showed me, I was impressed with the layout, but I should have known when the dealer wouldn't move on and show more , he wanted to sell that unit that day, he finally talked me into it , I paid way to much for it , we should all boycott buying these campers until the prices goes down , I can't even afford to trade this in for better. So many things wrong with this , all little problems , really nothing major , or so i thought . So after 1 year , and keeping it in and indoor storage for the winter , I took it out on the first spring camping trip, I had friends with me , and my friend stepped in the living room area and actually fell through the floor , I was so embarrassed , and thankful that she didn't get injured . Took it to the dealer , it wasn't covered of course , so it was a 5,000 dollar fix , had to replace the whole back end of the floor all the , carpet , it took them for ever , couldn't camp for half of the summer . At first the dealer wouldn't tell me what caused the water damage , couldn't find nothing leaking , tested all the seals , nothing . so they finally told me that the seal around the slide was leaking at the top and the water was running down the the side of the camper and going under the floor . which I don't really believe. I think if this kind of thing happens to a camper it should be covered by the manufacture ,there the ones that didn't install the seal correctly , if they had to pay for these damages , they would build them better .I couldn't even get a lawyer to back me up , to sue them for the damages because they have this all locked in ,and the customer is just screwed .
- Diana Birdsall, Michigan

2019-03-24 2018 Prime Time Avenger 33RCI View Listings

Has spacious windows to view outside from your free standing dinette and 4 pull out chairs. Talk with your family member while they wash dishes at the kitchen island or cooking at their range/oven. Recline in the two soft theater seat recliners watching sports channels (antenna included) and your drinks across from the large color TV and entertainment center. Sleep on a queen size bed in a private room with its own A/C away from the combined and rear living area. Spacious storage features throughout inside and also outside the RV. Even has an outside TV hookup, too!! Enjoy nature outdoors with friends and family and staying cool under the two awnings with LED lighting listening to music from the outside speakers and making meals on the two burner cooktop at the outside kitchen. Coming back from your adventures, you can shower off using the available outside shower.
- Lacy Family, Texas

2019-03-14 2019 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

I have owned many rigs, this one is the absolute worst! I just traded it yesterday --thank goodness. Even though this product, Prime Time, comes in through the "Forrest River" umbrella, it is the worst of the bunch, no doubt. General RV supposedly owns 25% of Prime TimeThe only way I unloaded it was pictures of rusted bolts holding the infrastructure together (Prime Time did not even use galvanized bolts that are exposed to the underside) and I was buying a plane ticket to go to Prime Time corporate in Michigan and General RV cut me a deal on a Keystone (only slightly better product) (this time period is NOT the golden age of RV quality) If you are even remotely thinking about a Prime Time product, please do yourself a favor. The other problem areas are cabinets (big time problems there. . . take the dinette storage off and INSPECT what is there) cabinetry is horrible throughout and also the electronics are as bad as they get. . . Factory support is also not good, at all. There are decent Forrest River products out there, this is not one.
- Steve Young, Florida

2019-02-25 2016 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

We purchased this RV new in March 2016 from RV Kountry, North Fort Meyers, FL. Being snowbirds, we only use it for 5 months a year and it has always been kept in Florida. The fabric on the couch and loveseat are made with a bonded fabric that looks like leather. It has peeled apart and looks terrible. After sending pictures and contacting RV Kountry, they contacted the manufacturer. Prime Time manufacturing said that it was just normal wear and tear and would not do anything about it. We had only lived in this RV for a total of 12 months. Obviously, they stock their Tracer RV with garbage furniture and don’t stand behind their product.
- Sherman Stringham, Florida

2019-02-24 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this TT at the end of 2017. Great for my family of 5. On our last trip, we had 9 of us camping in it, so it’s nice for more friends and family to come along. We live on the east side of Michigan and have taken it across the state and down to Florida. No real problems so far. The outside, little shower door thing, busted on one notch, but can still be shut and locked up. Some things like that, seem “chinsey”, the bed comfort isn’t that comfortable. I’ll be getting a foam mattress topper, but the price was better than most other TT’s of similar size and/or layout. Overall I’m glad with the purchase. Real good value for the money.
- Tom, Michigan

2019-02-17 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

The problems started almost immediately when the trim above the push out fell off while driving on one of our first camping trips. A 12' piece of trim was held on with 4 trim nails. The next issue was when we discovered that the push out trim would hit the center island and it left a dent in the trim, and eventually rubbed off the finish. During a rainstorm we saw water leaking from the rear speaker and found that there were holes in the air conditioner mounting pan that had not been sealed. While I had the rear speaker out I realized that they had daisy chained the speakers together instead of connecting them individually. Two of the 4 leveling jacks have failed and we realized shortly after purchasing the camper that the wiring for two of the jacks were reversed which explained why I could never get it to autolevel. We also found several of the pex fittings under the camper leaking, and had to replace the plastic pex fittings with brass. The rubber seals around the push outs have all now been replaced, because the single screw holding them in place failed. We have had consistent heating issues because they did nothing to balance the flow of air through the vents. The bathroom heats to about 90 degrees, while the main living space will not get above 60 degrees. Now I am seeing the floor on the dining table pushout is starting to sag and separate. We don't use the dinette much, so this has to be a manufacturing issue. While camping at the beach last year our forward AC unit failed, we had to climb on the roof, clean the telephone connector for the unit, coat with dialectric grease and re-install to get the AC working again. I have to agree with everyone here that the quality is poor, the worksmanship is substandard, and the warranty process is non-existent. While I like the floorplan of this camper, I will NEVER buy another camper from this manufacturer.
- Mike Hoffman, Virginia

2019-02-05 2017 Prime Time Tracer 265AIR View Listings

I really love this camper the living space is good the bedroom could use a little more space the mattress is of poor quality it tows great with a 2017 chevy silverado 1500 with a 5.3 the only problem I had was the hot water tank wouldn't light dealer changed control unit it could use a little bigger furnace good to 20 degrees have extreme weather package heated floors nice would recommend interior gets a lot of good comments
- Rich, New York

2019-01-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

We purchased this fifth wheel back on 2017 in August, before we bought it we had asked them to do a PDI because there was some deficiencies. We went to pick up the unit the next day that we have paid $80,000 for and found it they have done nothing for deficiencies. We can hook up the trailer drove it into a small town to fill up with some water go and make sure that the plumbing and water system worked correctly. How do we were filling the tank up with water I noticed there was fluid all over the ground and in the passthrough. As to my surprise we had found out that we had a major hydraulic leak for the self levelling jacks system, I had made a phone call to the dealer about the situation and they could not get it in for about a week. Then we find out it was caused by a short on one of the clearance lights. To this day January 17, 2019 we have not got all of our deficiencies done and we have also had problems with our great water holding tank and are black water holding tank the heating pads are not working so we have frozen tank it has even split the gray water tank. The workmanship inside the units are the worst I have seen. I would never recommend that anybody buy a primetime Sanibel trailer ever! Buyers Beware and stay away primetime has no quality control. They will probably delete my review because it does not match up to what they want people to say! And if I could I wouldn’t even put any rating for overall quality or manufacture warranty and support it would be zero stars.
- Rob Brow , Alberta

2019-01-17 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

We picked our 5th wheel up on Aug 1 2017 we were going to go and fill it with water so we could strat to try everything out. Had a short in our clearance lights the burnt the hydronic lines and had no fluid left to lift out trailer off our truck. Workmen ship is horrible! We have so much that needs to be done,they do not have any Quilty control at all. As for the plumbing our tank heaters do t work anymore and the way they put the plumbing into the trailer is not good either. The knife valve is 15’ from the tank so if it freezes it will freeze 15’ of line and the valve. Our grey tank has split because of freezing even though it’s tested at -18 f or -25 c we were only at -8. I would not waste my money on prime time again lesson learned! Not worth $80,000.00
- Rob brown, Alberta

2019-01-16 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this TT in 2016 and we use it about 70 nights a year. We just decided to trade in and buy a better quality TT. TO be honest, this is a great camper for parking some where or using once or twice a year. Issues that I have are the bathroom wall keeps popping out, I have had fixed and it just pops right back out when we drive away. The heater has broken 5 times and each time it requires a new circuit board. I have figured out that this happens every time we get a lot of rain, it runs right in the seals. I have replaced seals on the heat cover and bought a new cover...no help. The molding in the camper has all fallen off and required me to fix it all. Seems like every time we go somewhere, the camper breaks. Just ready to move up the ladder and have confidence in my trips again. As of now, I travel with more tools than luggage.
- Brandon, Maryland

2019-01-14 2015 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

DO NOT BUY! Most expensive purchase I’ve ever made for a camper, and by far the worst. fiberglass is already faded, slide outs have had to be repaired (bad motors), water pump went bad, drawers under bunks collapsed, door latches are terrible, weather stripping around roof blew off, I could keep going! Long strory short a horrible buy, horrible service!
- James, Texas

2018-12-31 2015 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

After looking at many many fifth wheels, crusader had the best floor plan for us. Especially where the recliners are located in front of the TV and fireplace. Bearings were repacked at approx 10,000 miles. Rv has less than 12,000 miles on it. It was used five months out of the year when we would stay in Arizona for the winter. Very few side trips. This unit is in excellent condition. The list of items is a partial list of everything that goes with the unit. Serious inquiries only please, no dealers!!
- Jack Trimble, Arizona

2018-12-07 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

The site was very easy to use. I hope to have success in selling our coach. The sanibel is a very nice well built coach. We are and have been very satisfied. We are selling because we are moving to Florida and building a new home.
- Lorraine mccullough, Maryland