Prime Time Crusader 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (68)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Crusader 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Keith Van Stavern from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Prime Time Crusader 360BHS View Listings

We decided to upgrade from a bumper pull to 5th wheel. We did a ton of homework and settled on PrimeTime Mfg due to the quality we wanted. The quality is NOT what they claim. We have had nothing but problems with this unit since we purchased it new in March. Awning leaked, water heater didn't work, shower drain pan disconnected from drain pipe, slides squeal, doors won't shut, doors warped, cabinets won't stay shut, trim and molding cheaply installed. When I called PT they didn't seem to be too worried about it. We are not happy campers!
- Keith Van Stavern, Texas

2020-10-15 2016 Prime Time Crusader 380MBH View Listings

Excellent RV, great customer support when I need to repair some items. Was able to call and get part numbers and then go to dealer and get the parts I needed. The floor plan is excellent, we have not had any issues with ours but normal maintenance has kept it in perfect shape. We love the Primetime Crusader. Every RV has its issues you just need to be willing to maintain it.
- Ryan Napalo, Mississippi

2020-06-16 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I OWN A 2017 CRUSADER LOVE IT THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE TIRES THEY COME WITH. THE TIRES PEELED LIKE AN ORANGE AND EXPLODED WHILE LEAVING US ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE FOR 8 HRS. WITH A LOT OF DAMAGE. THE GOOD THING IS EVERYONE IS SAFE. PLEASE I PRAY YOU REPLACE THE FACTORY TIRES. THEY PUT CHEAP TIRES ON YOUR EXPENSIVE TRAILER AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE COST AND DANGER.
- jimmyvincent68, Louisiana

2020-06-03 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

Overall I would rate this camper at a 2. Lets start with the simple things. I was going to change the stereo so that I could add my media server to the camper and found that the speakers were not wired in stereo, but instead were serially wired. My rear speakers are tied together and my front speakers are wired together. The only speakers wired properly were the outdoor speakers. During the very first camping trip the trim above the pushout in the kitchen area came off and landed on the countertop while driving down the road. Two small 18 gauge nails were all that was holding a 12' piece of trim on. During the next camping trip the same trim in the bedroom came off and landed on the bed. I finally removed all trim pieces and reinstalled properly. During this trip we also noticed a water leak from the rear air conditioner. We took it back to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. During the next trip, it was leaking again. I climbed on the roof during a rainstorm and could see the lights inside of the camper through the AC housing. They had cut the hole too big and had not sealed all of the open holes in the air conditioner base. It was literally raining directly into the camper. I sealed all holes for both AC units during the next sunny day. No leaks since. 4 years into ownership and I have now re-installed all trims and seals around the push outs, they have all come off. I have replaced the floor under the dinette (they do not seal between the floor and the aluminum frame which allows water to enter at the seam and rot the floor). In addition they used very poor materials for the floor. I have replaced most of the plastic PEX fittings with metal and re-crimped because after about 1 year they all started to leak (I always use a regulator with gauge). In addition, I have removed the kitchen sink, resealed and reinstalled because it was falling down (wingnuts, really?). Twice I have had to climb on the roof of the camper and clean the thermostat connectors on the air conditioning units because they would not turn on. Whoever had the bright idea to put RJ phone connectors on the roof of a camper should be fired. We are dissatisfied with the heat in the unit. It is not balanced at all. Our bathroom will be 120 degrees while the living area will be 40 degrees. We recently installed new vents throughout the camper so that we can at least adjust the output airflow until I can get to the furnace and balance the output there. We recently had a blowout that destroyed a fender skirt, j-panel, and tore up the tarp like material above the tire well. Construction in this area is definitely poor, as if they never expected their Chinese tires to blow. My tires had just over 5K miles when this happened, and I had just checked pressures. Tire blew within 5 miles of my house. It was at this time that we discovered that our spare tire was a six lug rim, while the camper used 8 lug rims. Fortunately for us, the tire size was the same, and a person who stopped to help had a friend with a tire changer. I now carry a complete toolset with this camper to include a power drill, a driver drill, RV caulkings and caulking guns, and a complete PEX toolkit with fittings. You can buy a camper from Prime Time and Forest River if you want, but I never will again.
- Philip Hoffman, Virginia

2020-03-20 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since we bought it. The rook leaks all the time. The stripping around the inside ceiling keeps coming off throughout the entire RV. The siding doors want stay on track and one of them broke 2 months after we bought it. I will never by another one. Wish I knew then what I know now. Read all the reviews before you buy one.
- Andrea Cater , Tennessee

2019-12-28 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Crusader 382MBH in October. One of the first things we noticed as soon as we walked in was the back splash for the hutch was laying on the table. And the trim for the steps was off. But the big eyesore was that the chairs for the table were from 2 different sets. One had diagonal slats the other had horizontal slats. The seat cushions were 2 different colors, one off white the other a deep grey, the base was entirely different as well. But that was not as bad as the steps which are a DEATH TRAP. THE bottom one is 7.75" the middle is 10" and the top is 9.25". These problems only add to what we found once we actually brought it home and got it ready for use. There was NO HEAT VENT in the bathroom. You could feel the cut out through the linoleum and this would stretch if you stepped on it while the heat was on(they just laid the flooring right over it). The microwave was placed too close to the cabinet so that you could not open it all the way and it hit the trim which was hung crooked. The trim by the recliner was not attached and just hung by a top nail. The bunkhouse door was crooked. Off over 1/2 inch. All this we thought we could deal with until we got it serviced. When we got home and started to load it we found they appeared to have swept ALL the sawdust under the steps which vent into the camper. (a fire hazard) Then we went camping. When we got to our destination the ENTIRE CLOSET ROD HAD FELL. looking at it, they had screwed the middle hook to the ceiling where there was NOTHING TO HOLD IT. If they had moved it 2" back (as we did) they would have hit a board. Of course this meant moving the braces on either side as well. Then we used the shower. AFTER 4 USES IT WOULD NOT DRAIN. At servicing they found that THE BATHROOM GREY WATER HAD NO WASTE VALVE CABLE TO DRAIN THE GREY WATER. Of course that meant water all over the bathroom and a mess to clean up. Also there was a screw under the carpet in the bedroom (OUCH) with the sharp end up. GENERAL RV IN ASHLAND VA WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO resolve these problems AND ALL IN ONE VISIT. Except for the chairs which PRIME TIME DOESN'T SEE AS A WARRANTY ISSUE
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-12-20 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

Worst support I've ever seen. Chairs did not match in style, color, or, design. Bathroom did not have heat vent in floor. Cut out was there but they layed the linoleum right over it. Steps are a death trap. Bottom is 7.5", middle is 9" and top step is 10.25". Microwave is so close to cabinet it doesn't open all the way, hits the trim which is crooked.
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-08-24 2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Front needs to be repainted and we contacted the manufacturer and dealt with Sara Hankins. Shouldn’t paint last more than a couple of years. The manufacturer does not stand behind their trailers that are basically just a big disappointment. Oh and Sara was not helpful her final response was “unfortunately, this is a component on your unit “. I wish it was not on my unit but it is and they won’t deal with it. Really bad STAY AWAY FROM Prime Time. Wish we had
- George and Linda Durocher , Alberta

2019-08-16 2014 Prime Time Crusader 351REQ View Listings

Great product value for the price point. One 'major' (rear window replacement) and several minor repairs required under warranty within the first few months. All were handled as expected through dealer and Forest River. This floor plan is awesome for a couple, with large living/kitchen area, super sized washroom for changing clothes and getting 'ready'! Ideal for full time travel! Quick setup with the auto leveling!
- Malcolm, Oregon

2019-06-22 2019 Prime Time Crusader 337QBH View Listings

Well the crusader on the outside is great, I believe it is a well built camper in terms of the frame and wall construction. However the interior is kind of pathetic that walls aren't strait and its pretty obvious that the people putting it together have no pride at all. The rage hood does not vent outside so when a person is cooking it literally just fills the camper with smoke. Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea? Another issue that I had was there was no insulation between the bunk room and outdoor kitchen so it gets quite cool back there at night. Other then that there has been small things like cracked plastic and stuff that was fixed under warranty so not that big of a deal I guess. I think I would look at a different manufacturer next time.
- Kory Van Damme, Manitoba

2019-05-30 2013 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Bought our Prime Time Crusader 295RST 32 footer used after checking overall ratings online. Crusader came in the top 10 out of 6-700 similar 5th wheels. Easy to pull and a pleasure to live in and show off. Kept the 295RST for 3 seasons and bought another used bigger brother 2014 Crusader 320RLT 36 footer for more room for extended wintering. The new 5th has all the usual "glamping" amenities as the 295RST. Primetime Crusader are a step above your typical 5th wheeler
- David, Michigan

2019-05-22 2014 Prime Time Crusader 285RET View Listings

My family thoroughly enjoyed the 5th wheel. Plenty of storage and the outdoor kitchen is a fantastic option. Cooking breakfast outside without waking up the family was priceless. Having the outdoor fridge also makes it convenient to grab a beverage without tracking in and out of the trailer.
- Joe Jezioro , New York

2019-02-17 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

The problems started almost immediately when the trim above the push out fell off while driving on one of our first camping trips. A 12' piece of trim was held on with 4 trim nails. The next issue was when we discovered that the push out trim would hit the center island and it left a dent in the trim, and eventually rubbed off the finish. During a rainstorm we saw water leaking from the rear speaker and found that there were holes in the air conditioner mounting pan that had not been sealed. While I had the rear speaker out I realized that they had daisy chained the speakers together instead of connecting them individually. Two of the 4 leveling jacks have failed and we realized shortly after purchasing the camper that the wiring for two of the jacks were reversed which explained why I could never get it to autolevel. We also found several of the pex fittings under the camper leaking, and had to replace the plastic pex fittings with brass. The rubber seals around the push outs have all now been replaced, because the single screw holding them in place failed. We have had consistent heating issues because they did nothing to balance the flow of air through the vents. The bathroom heats to about 90 degrees, while the main living space will not get above 60 degrees. Now I am seeing the floor on the dining table pushout is starting to sag and separate. We don't use the dinette much, so this has to be a manufacturing issue. While camping at the beach last year our forward AC unit failed, we had to climb on the roof, clean the telephone connector for the unit, coat with dialectric grease and re-install to get the AC working again. I have to agree with everyone here that the quality is poor, the worksmanship is substandard, and the warranty process is non-existent. While I like the floorplan of this camper, I will NEVER buy another camper from this manufacturer.
- Mike Hoffman, Virginia

2019-01-14 2015 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

DO NOT BUY! Most expensive purchase I’ve ever made for a camper, and by far the worst. fiberglass is already faded, slide outs have had to be repaired (bad motors), water pump went bad, drawers under bunks collapsed, door latches are terrible, weather stripping around roof blew off, I could keep going! Long strory short a horrible buy, horrible service!
- James, Texas

2018-12-31 2015 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

After looking at many many fifth wheels, crusader had the best floor plan for us. Especially where the recliners are located in front of the TV and fireplace. Bearings were repacked at approx 10,000 miles. Rv has less than 12,000 miles on it. It was used five months out of the year when we would stay in Arizona for the winter. Very few side trips. This unit is in excellent condition. The list of items is a partial list of everything that goes with the unit. Serious inquiries only please, no dealers!!
- Jack Trimble, Arizona

2018-11-02 2016 Prime Time Crusader 322RES View Listings

Soft spots in floor around bar called catastrophic floor delamination....they know it exists they have replaced whole units but refuse to even help with. Mine . It will cost 7000.00 to fix.i have had 2 different forest river dealersstate that it is structural caused yet prime ti.e refused to help.
- Ken johansen, Utah

2018-10-26 2017 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We went from a 25ft TT to this 5th wheel. Was quite exiting time at first. The honeymoon lasted about 1 week. From tire plugs in two tires(not all of the manufacturer fault), leaking kitchen faucet, inside stairs that sounded like a 100 year old home, inside trim falling, a/c in the bedroom was blocked by a piece of Styrofoam, window in bedroom slide leaking, slide out stuck in the out position, (I would of had to pay a mobile service for repair) missing a window screen in slide-out and nother last, the fire place worked twice and quit working. Customer service - Aweful!! You were treated as if either you were making things up or it was something you had done wrong. Needed pictures of everything. When the servicing dealer first checked the a/c, warranty department wanted the entire ceiling taken out to prove no air was coming out of the vents. I was told if there wasn't a problem I would of had to pay for diagnosis! Never again will I buy another one of their products. After we started going to different places you were lucky to see one of these models in the campground. Buyer beware. If you don't see a few of something in a campground, look away and go with a more popular manufacturer. Upset and heartbroken in Illinois
- Steve K. , Illinois

2018-10-19 2015 Prime Time Crusader 321RES View Listings

This has been a great fifth wheel camper. I would recommend this brand if someone is looking to buy a new fifth wheel. Easy to tow and sets up very quick and easy. We are only selling so we can move up to a motor home.
- Danny, Tennessee

2018-07-11 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

We are into our 5th week touring Michigan in our Crusader. The longer we stay in it, the more we start noticing the quality is extremely poor. Looks pretty from the outside though. Molding by the door popped off, the wallpaper by the rear living window is bubbling...one year old and we are concerned about a leak somewhere. Trim around front door keeps popping. Next time we shop for an RV, we will take a flashlight with us and inspect all walls and trim. Nickel plating on Dura brand faucets is coming off. Chrome plating on all fancy wheels is peeling (warranty covered replacement). Outside cream colored decal accumulated pink mold/mildew. Cost too much to replace so we took a hairdryer and peeled it off. Don't spend more than $30,000 for an RV...they all seem to come off the same assembly line.
- MDer, Florida

2018-06-06 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

This is our second Prime Time 5th Wheel, however this unit is poorly built we have over 16 items that our dealer has to repair. The cupboards and drawers all need adjusting, the grey water tank value when closed leaks, the MY RV panel does not work properly will not show the levelling Icon apparently not connected right, the double door fridge was marked so have order new half door, counter top all scratched so have order new top. This unit should was never inspected by the PDI centre if it was it should never have left for the dealer, I believe we purchased a Friday built unit.
- Ian Cooper, Alberta

2018-05-30 2016 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Warranty sucks. But my dealer is amazing. My dealer picked up the slack and took care of my issues. Stones rv Sydney Nova Scotia. ......................................................................................................................
- Kenny Budden, Nova Scotia

2018-05-23 2014 Prime Time Crusader 325RES View Listings

Bought this unit in September 1914, and to date , we are more than pleased with all it's specs. Our only problem is ,we bought it at dealer and stored it that week for 9months. We have since returned in 1915 and1916 for 12 weeks each time. In 1916 the auto fan packed up under warranty and we were told it would be fixed on our return. Whilst washing the rig before all weather storage I noticed the paint on the top of the nose cone has turned grey.All the emails and methods of contact with dealer have not been acknowledged and it would seem that their backup service is a shambles. be warned , once you are out the gate your forgotten, shame , such a great fifth wheel
- Keith Holland, New Zealand

2018-05-06 2015 Prime Time Crusader 260RLD View Listings

Like everyone else that has written reviews on these rv's, we end up fixing something everytime we take it out. Recently we started on a trip and got about 75-100 miles from home and had a blow out on one of the tires. It made a mess of the fender on that side of the rv and we had just replaced the screws on that side that were falling out. About five miles from our first stop we had another blow out. Other side. Guess what? No spare tire. Left camper in a church parking lot, bought five new tires. Faucet in kitchen leaked. Bottoms in cabinets fell out. Cornices over women fell on first trip, shower leaked, brake connection from camper to truck quit working, the list just goes on and on. We hoped like most new purchases that a few kinks had to be worked out, then everything would be fine. Wrong!! I miss my 30ft 2002 Keystone Couger. The best layout ever for an RV.
- Brenda Osborne, South Carolina

2018-05-04 2015 Prime Time Crusader 322RES View Listings

Great for 1st 3 years then discovered 6 cracks in the nose cone. Response from Prime Time - not their problem. 2 days later discovered rotten floor on living area slide. It seems the tape was split and allowed water in where it was held. We were able to put our hands through the floor it was so bad. Apparently the life span on these trailers is 3 years. Complete garbage. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS MANUFACTURER.
- Retired, Nova Scotia

2018-04-02 2013 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

I wrote a review not to long ago. The saga continues with problems with this Touring Crusader. We have been in NC to visit my husband's son on oir return from Florida. We stay right on his property . We have water and electric hookup. Took the 5th wheel today to dump the tanks and the long aluminum stem that is hooked to the grey tank for the bathroom broke off so the tank didn't get emptied at dealership. Brought it back to his sons and is fixing it. He said it broke because od the fresh water tank was sitting on it and should have been fastened up so it didn't sit on the valve stem. I asked him if it was a design flaw and he said it was just poor workmanship. Thank goodness he knows how to fix stuff, but maybe if he didn't we would be rid of this 5th wheel. Prime Time division of Forest River, you should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing this 5th wheel to leave yourfactory. All I can say is Buyer Beware.
- Deborah Sawicki, Michigan