Prime Time Crusader 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Crusader 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Keith Van Stavern from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Prime Time Crusader 360BHS View Listings

We decided to upgrade from a bumper pull to 5th wheel. We did a ton of homework and settled on PrimeTime Mfg due to the quality we wanted. The quality is NOT what they claim. We have had nothing but problems with this unit since we purchased it new in March. Awning leaked, water heater didn't work, shower drain pan disconnected from drain pipe, slides squeal, doors won't shut, doors warped, cabinets won't stay shut, trim and molding cheaply installed. When I called PT they didn't seem to be too worried about it. We are not happy campers!
- Keith Van Stavern, Texas

2021-07-20 2013 Prime Time Crusader 260RLD View Listings

Well where to start after about 1 year the nose cap started to crack all around where the screw are to hold it on. Contact Rick who handles warranty after a good long talk he said that Prime Time would pay half this is cause it was passed the warranty period time (this what all manufactures have it’s called AWA after warranty assistance) but I would have to paid for it up front. This was in spring 2015 so cap ordered trailer when in cost was $5600.00 cad. So I call this Rick and told him it was fitted and the cost then he said he did say that Prime Time would paid anything towards the repair. It took several call to Rick before he finally said they would paid and that did $1960.00 us if I remember right which end up being about 60-40 split me being the 60 but the repair/dealership was great repair done perfect no more cracking around the screws. Next it was the plumbing connectors leaking and no winterizing kit installed. So I repaired the plumbing install winterizing kit snd replaced the shower head ( this one I did to save water and increase water pressure). Now the electrical had to replace several connectors and also replace wiring with a 4 gauge welding cable with proper connects made a proper ground and installed a battery disconnect. Now the battery charges properly. Now the China bombs have only 12000 km these and had to replace them. The fenders were all cracking around all the screw they replace them. I reinforced behind the fenders. Now the good points with the good tires this trailer pulls like a dream. The bedroom area is a good size easy to get around. Living area is a good size dining area is just ok a little as am 6’4” so it’s going to be tight lol. Kitchen area work really well. Over all I do like this trailer but they do need to step up the quality but all trailer manufacturers have the same problems. The trailers are build as cheap as possible to get maximum profit. So all in all if anyone can find a perfect trailer at a reasonable price that we don’t have to fix I think we would all buy one. Now the last word I have finally got my trailer to a point where I can enjoy it now with pulling out the tools to fix things. Also remember that all manufacturers have AWA so don’t take no or answer cause they can help you out in a reasonable time frame from new purchase.
- Brent, Alberta

2021-07-12 2020 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We bought a crusader 5th wheel Model number 382MB H we've had it for about 7 months now and of had 5 camping trips in it and from day one we've had problems with the AC and on our last camping trip it started leaking from the ceiling as well as the other review I was just reading from the gentleman in Georgia it was poorly designed with the AC...we have had nothing but problems with this unit in the 7 months we have had it I totally agree that you pay that kind of money you should not have this many problems!!! I do understand that little things will go wrong, but this is just too many....Primetime needs to step up and fix the problems, I would not recommend this unit we want to get rid of it!!!
- Charlotte, Florida

2021-06-24 2021 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

Bought brand new. Molding falling off faster than we can put back on, fascia fell off in transit. Water heater leaking in bunk room (husband had to fix). Awning lights stuck on and cannot extend or retract from inside. Contacted Corporate office and their response,"pay out of pocket and submit a claim?" Still under original warranty and we purchased EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT! For what? ZERO SUPPORT, ZERO SERVICE! I would highly recommend finding another manufacturer and NOT to purchase the Crusader 382MBH. Will never buy again!
- SUSAN LOYD, Florida

2021-06-20 2020 Prime Time Crusader 297RSK View Listings

We bought our camper brand new at the end of January 2021. We’ve had several minor issues since we bought it, and I have fixed them myself. We are on our 5th camping trip since we bought it five months ago, and during a typical Georgia shower, water begins pouring from the ceiling. I am not happy right now. You don’t pay this kind of money to have such issues.
- Tim Daugherty, Georgia

2021-03-10 2021 Prime Time Crusader View Listings

Wife and I purchased this two months ago and just picked it up we found it odd that when we made an appointment to pick it up and when we did we had to wait 45 minutes for someone to help us and then we were didn't get the help we ask for so we took it home then we went over it again and found several bolts that hold the sidewalk on were sticking out by 3in and several screws missing that hold the fiberglass up underneath the 5th wheel king pin, the screen door would not close the latch had to be chimed out a 1/4inch, one side screen also had to be repaired. I live to far away to keep moving this unit back and forth for miner repairs so I fixed them just not happy with the cold shoulder treatment from general rv. Also other problems I'll have to live with
- Eldon burks, Michigan

2020-12-24 2016 Prime Time Crusader 322RES View Listings

The Crusader 322RES was the perfect RV for my husband and myself. There was plenty of room inside, enough even when the grandkids showed up. The living room slide with its panoramic windows makes the experience of camping even better--you really feel like you are in the out doors. The RV is very well constructed and performed outstandingly. While we never lived it in full time, it would be a pleasure to experience.
- Judith, Missouri

2020-11-24 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I bought a one owner used 2014 Prime Time 295RST in October 2019 from General RV in Draper, Utah. I am actually very pleased with this purchase. The RV was in their shop and had full hookups at the time I did my final inspection. Their asking price was only slightly above the KBB price and I was able to negotiate to under slightly less. Afterward they replaced the 2014 manufacture year tires at no additional cost. I purchased the Andersen Ultimate hitch for towing, and when I showed up they installed the conversion on the king pin for me, at no cost. This RV was actually manufactured in late 2013, hence the 2014 model year. I had read that Prime Time, which was founded in 2009, had very good quality builds in the early years leading up to Forest River buying them out, and that quality has since declined. Our RV shows very good quality. Nothing separating, torn, or loose - inside or out. All of the 120v electrical outlets worked fine when tested. All of the running lights work fine. I did go through and replace everything with LED lights. All of the slides work properly and provide expansive space and storage. The automatic awning works well, but the fabric will need replacing at some point. I did an environmentally safe chlorine wash and used awning tape to repair some worn points. All propane tanks and connections work fine. All holding tanks work and drain well. All of the water and power hookups work well. I did a deep clean on the exterior grill which was heavily used (so we know this RV must have been well used) and it looked like new afterwards. The included mattress is comfortable and even more so after adding a 3" natural foam topper. The theater seating and fold out loveseat are both in great condition (almost like they were never used). The dining table and chairs are also in great condition. The stove, oven, microwave, sound bar and fireplace are all in great working condition. I did replace the TV with a smart TV. The stereo system and all interior/exterior speakers work. The water heater works great and provides hot water in about 30 minutes, it is aluminum so it doesn't need an anode. The toilet is porcelain and works well. The shower is adequately sized but there is no built in seat, so we bought a shower stool. All of the original window coverings are in like new condition and are day/night shades. The pass through storage is not as tall as some but very adequate for all our storage needs. The exterior looks like new, all except the decal at the top of the front end cap which is cracked and faded. That is a known issue but doesn't bother me enough to go have it painted, yet that is. The leaf springs are probably under rated for this 8700 lbs. dry weight 5th wheel. I noticed some sway when towing, so I took it to a shop and upgraded to 6-leaf springs with a 2" spacer block to raise the trailer about 3" total. This brought it closer in line with my Dodge 2500 that has a leveling kit. The auto-leveling system is questionable and will raise the tires off the ground while leveling. Not a real concern for me because I always manually level using the mode selections on the unit. The Dicor on the roof had some minor cracking so I resealed everything upon purchase. The roof covering was in excellent condition. There were no signs of any water leakage and there has been none since buying. The water pump went out after my purchase. It was working fine, then during a prep the next spring for a camping trip it quit. Purchased a newer and better pump but removing the old (and original pump) was a hassle because the pump is behind the pass through storage wall. And the water heater bypass and shutoff valves are behind the pump and even harder to reach. The Thermostat is not working correctly, as the AC never turns off at the desired temp setting. Not sure if the heat does the same. But both work fine when turned on. I do like the recessed ceiling vents and that the heat vents are all in the flooring. Not an issue this summer as most of our camping only required the vent fan or short periods of cooling/heating. I plan to replace it this coming spring. Our RV came with a frame welded tow hitch installed, and surmising that the previous owner was into towing I checked the frame and welds and found no issues. The underbelly covering was cut away where the hitch was welded, but I patched the cut out areas. The remainder of the underbelly skirt is in good condition. We have towed an Aluma trailer with Polaris touring ATV, weighing about 1300 lbs combined and have had no issues of any kind. I installed a battery cutoff switch at the positive lead before it goes into the camper wiring because the RV cutoff switch does not cutoff all power, such as the auto-jacks and bedroom stereo system. The original single battery box hung down below the front storage compartment through a cutout. I reconfigured with a dual battery box inside the compartment.
- Bob Jones, Utah

2020-10-28 2016 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Very disappointed as this was my first new RV and from the first day I had problems. Rear lights wouldn't work due to an issue in the harness which the dealer did fix. The main dining slide would not go in and out smoothly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they found the whole slide was not square and so had to adjust to optimal position so it would at least work smoothly. Trim had to be fixed and reattached properly, around kitchen. The big issue is the floor in the dining slide was completely wet over half the slide and the floor was sagging and I had to strip out the floor and replace it. The design is such that water runs down the ends of the slide and wicks into the floor which is 3/4" chip board that I replaced with pressure treated plywood. I then sealed everything with silicon and new material under the slide. Luckily I am reasonably handy at this work so my only expense was the plywood. Overall very poor quality control or inspection obviously on the finished product before it leaves the shop. I called Prime Time and they would not go good for any repair work because it was too far out of the warranty period even though I have read numerous reviews with similar issues. The floor problem is a design and construction issue. From all the quality problems with these units I would say a class action would be warranted. Would not buy anything made by Prime Time again.
- John Bunyan, Nova Scotia

2020-10-15 2016 Prime Time Crusader 380MBH View Listings

Excellent RV, great customer support when I need to repair some items. Was able to call and get part numbers and then go to dealer and get the parts I needed. The floor plan is excellent, we have not had any issues with ours but normal maintenance has kept it in perfect shape. We love the Primetime Crusader. Every RV has its issues you just need to be willing to maintain it.
- Ryan Napalo, Mississippi

2020-06-16 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I OWN A 2017 CRUSADER LOVE IT THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE TIRES THEY COME WITH. THE TIRES PEELED LIKE AN ORANGE AND EXPLODED WHILE LEAVING US ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE FOR 8 HRS. WITH A LOT OF DAMAGE. THE GOOD THING IS EVERYONE IS SAFE. PLEASE I PRAY YOU REPLACE THE FACTORY TIRES. THEY PUT CHEAP TIRES ON YOUR EXPENSIVE TRAILER AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE COST AND DANGER.
- jimmyvincent68, Louisiana

2020-06-03 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

Overall I would rate this camper at a 2. Lets start with the simple things. I was going to change the stereo so that I could add my media server to the camper and found that the speakers were not wired in stereo, but instead were serially wired. My rear speakers are tied together and my front speakers are wired together. The only speakers wired properly were the outdoor speakers. During the very first camping trip the trim above the pushout in the kitchen area came off and landed on the countertop while driving down the road. Two small 18 gauge nails were all that was holding a 12' piece of trim on. During the next camping trip the same trim in the bedroom came off and landed on the bed. I finally removed all trim pieces and reinstalled properly. During this trip we also noticed a water leak from the rear air conditioner. We took it back to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. During the next trip, it was leaking again. I climbed on the roof during a rainstorm and could see the lights inside of the camper through the AC housing. They had cut the hole too big and had not sealed all of the open holes in the air conditioner base. It was literally raining directly into the camper. I sealed all holes for both AC units during the next sunny day. No leaks since. 4 years into ownership and I have now re-installed all trims and seals around the push outs, they have all come off. I have replaced the floor under the dinette (they do not seal between the floor and the aluminum frame which allows water to enter at the seam and rot the floor). In addition they used very poor materials for the floor. I have replaced most of the plastic PEX fittings with metal and re-crimped because after about 1 year they all started to leak (I always use a regulator with gauge). In addition, I have removed the kitchen sink, resealed and reinstalled because it was falling down (wingnuts, really?). Twice I have had to climb on the roof of the camper and clean the thermostat connectors on the air conditioning units because they would not turn on. Whoever had the bright idea to put RJ phone connectors on the roof of a camper should be fired. We are dissatisfied with the heat in the unit. It is not balanced at all. Our bathroom will be 120 degrees while the living area will be 40 degrees. We recently installed new vents throughout the camper so that we can at least adjust the output airflow until I can get to the furnace and balance the output there. We recently had a blowout that destroyed a fender skirt, j-panel, and tore up the tarp like material above the tire well. Construction in this area is definitely poor, as if they never expected their Chinese tires to blow. My tires had just over 5K miles when this happened, and I had just checked pressures. Tire blew within 5 miles of my house. It was at this time that we discovered that our spare tire was a six lug rim, while the camper used 8 lug rims. Fortunately for us, the tire size was the same, and a person who stopped to help had a friend with a tire changer. I now carry a complete toolset with this camper to include a power drill, a driver drill, RV caulkings and caulking guns, and a complete PEX toolkit with fittings. You can buy a camper from Prime Time and Forest River if you want, but I never will again.
- Philip Hoffman, Virginia

2020-03-20 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since we bought it. The rook leaks all the time. The stripping around the inside ceiling keeps coming off throughout the entire RV. The siding doors want stay on track and one of them broke 2 months after we bought it. I will never by another one. Wish I knew then what I know now. Read all the reviews before you buy one.
- Andrea Cater , Tennessee

2019-12-28 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Crusader 382MBH in October. One of the first things we noticed as soon as we walked in was the back splash for the hutch was laying on the table. And the trim for the steps was off. But the big eyesore was that the chairs for the table were from 2 different sets. One had diagonal slats the other had horizontal slats. The seat cushions were 2 different colors, one off white the other a deep grey, the base was entirely different as well. But that was not as bad as the steps which are a DEATH TRAP. THE bottom one is 7.75" the middle is 10" and the top is 9.25". These problems only add to what we found once we actually brought it home and got it ready for use. There was NO HEAT VENT in the bathroom. You could feel the cut out through the linoleum and this would stretch if you stepped on it while the heat was on(they just laid the flooring right over it). The microwave was placed too close to the cabinet so that you could not open it all the way and it hit the trim which was hung crooked. The trim by the recliner was not attached and just hung by a top nail. The bunkhouse door was crooked. Off over 1/2 inch. All this we thought we could deal with until we got it serviced. When we got home and started to load it we found they appeared to have swept ALL the sawdust under the steps which vent into the camper. (a fire hazard) Then we went camping. When we got to our destination the ENTIRE CLOSET ROD HAD FELL. looking at it, they had screwed the middle hook to the ceiling where there was NOTHING TO HOLD IT. If they had moved it 2" back (as we did) they would have hit a board. Of course this meant moving the braces on either side as well. Then we used the shower. AFTER 4 USES IT WOULD NOT DRAIN. At servicing they found that THE BATHROOM GREY WATER HAD NO WASTE VALVE CABLE TO DRAIN THE GREY WATER. Of course that meant water all over the bathroom and a mess to clean up. Also there was a screw under the carpet in the bedroom (OUCH) with the sharp end up. GENERAL RV IN ASHLAND VA WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO resolve these problems AND ALL IN ONE VISIT. Except for the chairs which PRIME TIME DOESN'T SEE AS A WARRANTY ISSUE
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-12-20 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

Worst support I've ever seen. Chairs did not match in style, color, or, design. Bathroom did not have heat vent in floor. Cut out was there but they layed the linoleum right over it. Steps are a death trap. Bottom is 7.5", middle is 9" and top step is 10.25". Microwave is so close to cabinet it doesn't open all the way, hits the trim which is crooked.
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-08-24 2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Front needs to be repainted and we contacted the manufacturer and dealt with Sara Hankins. Shouldn’t paint last more than a couple of years. The manufacturer does not stand behind their trailers that are basically just a big disappointment. Oh and Sara was not helpful her final response was “unfortunately, this is a component on your unit “. I wish it was not on my unit but it is and they won’t deal with it. Really bad STAY AWAY FROM Prime Time. Wish we had
- George and Linda Durocher , Alberta

2019-08-16 2014 Prime Time Crusader 351REQ View Listings

Great product value for the price point. One 'major' (rear window replacement) and several minor repairs required under warranty within the first few months. All were handled as expected through dealer and Forest River. This floor plan is awesome for a couple, with large living/kitchen area, super sized washroom for changing clothes and getting 'ready'! Ideal for full time travel! Quick setup with the auto leveling!
- Malcolm, Oregon

2019-06-22 2019 Prime Time Crusader 337QBH View Listings

Well the crusader on the outside is great, I believe it is a well built camper in terms of the frame and wall construction. However the interior is kind of pathetic that walls aren't strait and its pretty obvious that the people putting it together have no pride at all. The rage hood does not vent outside so when a person is cooking it literally just fills the camper with smoke. Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea? Another issue that I had was there was no insulation between the bunk room and outdoor kitchen so it gets quite cool back there at night. Other then that there has been small things like cracked plastic and stuff that was fixed under warranty so not that big of a deal I guess. I think I would look at a different manufacturer next time.
- Kory Van Damme, Manitoba

2019-05-30 2013 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Bought our Prime Time Crusader 295RST 32 footer used after checking overall ratings online. Crusader came in the top 10 out of 6-700 similar 5th wheels. Easy to pull and a pleasure to live in and show off. Kept the 295RST for 3 seasons and bought another used bigger brother 2014 Crusader 320RLT 36 footer for more room for extended wintering. The new 5th has all the usual "glamping" amenities as the 295RST. Primetime Crusader are a step above your typical 5th wheeler
- David, Michigan

2019-05-22 2014 Prime Time Crusader 285RET View Listings

My family thoroughly enjoyed the 5th wheel. Plenty of storage and the outdoor kitchen is a fantastic option. Cooking breakfast outside without waking up the family was priceless. Having the outdoor fridge also makes it convenient to grab a beverage without tracking in and out of the trailer.
- Joe Jezioro , New York

2019-02-17 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

The problems started almost immediately when the trim above the push out fell off while driving on one of our first camping trips. A 12' piece of trim was held on with 4 trim nails. The next issue was when we discovered that the push out trim would hit the center island and it left a dent in the trim, and eventually rubbed off the finish. During a rainstorm we saw water leaking from the rear speaker and found that there were holes in the air conditioner mounting pan that had not been sealed. While I had the rear speaker out I realized that they had daisy chained the speakers together instead of connecting them individually. Two of the 4 leveling jacks have failed and we realized shortly after purchasing the camper that the wiring for two of the jacks were reversed which explained why I could never get it to autolevel. We also found several of the pex fittings under the camper leaking, and had to replace the plastic pex fittings with brass. The rubber seals around the push outs have all now been replaced, because the single screw holding them in place failed. We have had consistent heating issues because they did nothing to balance the flow of air through the vents. The bathroom heats to about 90 degrees, while the main living space will not get above 60 degrees. Now I am seeing the floor on the dining table pushout is starting to sag and separate. We don't use the dinette much, so this has to be a manufacturing issue. While camping at the beach last year our forward AC unit failed, we had to climb on the roof, clean the telephone connector for the unit, coat with dialectric grease and re-install to get the AC working again. I have to agree with everyone here that the quality is poor, the worksmanship is substandard, and the warranty process is non-existent. While I like the floorplan of this camper, I will NEVER buy another camper from this manufacturer.
- Mike Hoffman, Virginia

2019-01-14 2015 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

DO NOT BUY! Most expensive purchase I’ve ever made for a camper, and by far the worst. fiberglass is already faded, slide outs have had to be repaired (bad motors), water pump went bad, drawers under bunks collapsed, door latches are terrible, weather stripping around roof blew off, I could keep going! Long strory short a horrible buy, horrible service!
- James, Texas

2018-12-31 2015 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

After looking at many many fifth wheels, crusader had the best floor plan for us. Especially where the recliners are located in front of the TV and fireplace. Bearings were repacked at approx 10,000 miles. Rv has less than 12,000 miles on it. It was used five months out of the year when we would stay in Arizona for the winter. Very few side trips. This unit is in excellent condition. The list of items is a partial list of everything that goes with the unit. Serious inquiries only please, no dealers!!
- Jack Trimble, Arizona

2018-11-02 2016 Prime Time Crusader 322RES View Listings

Soft spots in floor around bar called catastrophic floor delamination....they know it exists they have replaced whole units but refuse to even help with. Mine . It will cost 7000.00 to fix.i have had 2 different forest river dealersstate that it is structural caused yet prime ti.e refused to help.
- Ken johansen, Utah

2018-10-26 2017 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We went from a 25ft TT to this 5th wheel. Was quite exiting time at first. The honeymoon lasted about 1 week. From tire plugs in two tires(not all of the manufacturer fault), leaking kitchen faucet, inside stairs that sounded like a 100 year old home, inside trim falling, a/c in the bedroom was blocked by a piece of Styrofoam, window in bedroom slide leaking, slide out stuck in the out position, (I would of had to pay a mobile service for repair) missing a window screen in slide-out and nother last, the fire place worked twice and quit working. Customer service - Aweful!! You were treated as if either you were making things up or it was something you had done wrong. Needed pictures of everything. When the servicing dealer first checked the a/c, warranty department wanted the entire ceiling taken out to prove no air was coming out of the vents. I was told if there wasn't a problem I would of had to pay for diagnosis! Never again will I buy another one of their products. After we started going to different places you were lucky to see one of these models in the campground. Buyer beware. If you don't see a few of something in a campground, look away and go with a more popular manufacturer. Upset and heartbroken in Illinois
- Steve K. , Illinois