Prime Time Avenger Reviews on RV Insider (46)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Avenger RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Cav from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our little camper for 4 weeks, now normally we understand new campers have bugs that need to work out and they will spend their fair share in the shop at first, however with this camper the flaws are pretty major. The siding what not installed correctly and literally starting coming off the coach at a mear 60mph on our way home from a trip, to our surprise it was actually due to it not being installed all the way into its channel during installation, our graphics are already bubbling and coming off, the grey and black tank valves broke from the inside and now we can't drain them. Along with the furnace will not stay on the the microwave lasted 1 day. Ladies and gents - we only owned this camper for 4 weeks and camped in it a total of 4 days. Not to mention it is stored in a climate controlled warehouse... I am awaiting to hear from prime time as to how they are going to handle this lemon I'll keep you posted.
- M Cav, Florida

2020-06-29 2016 Prime Time Avenger 25TH View Listings

Not a good experience, Sofa bed fell off the wall in the middle of night while someone was asleep on it, Sink in bathroom leaked, faucets in cooking area got so loose they just wobbled, Retainers holding gas line are not tight and some were not even in place, already replaced all brakes and bearings, Cd player never had internal pin removed so had to pull it out after researching manual. Tape holding walls together not sticking, Awning LED strip smoked, yep I said smoked! Drawer slide fell down only stapled in place??? Front Propane tank mount only two scews used and they broke off, to this day I wonder why tanks did not bounce down the road? Over all a Piece of crap very poorly built. No I did not take it back because felt the ability to get repaired it was better off doing it myself !!!! Just walk away
- Charles Moore, Virginia

2020-06-04 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

DO NOT BUY!!! This trailer is a total piece of crap. We have had issues from the very first year with this unit. We had floor issues,(the outrig supports failed),had to fight to get that issue fixed and now have major water issues with our slides. Do not buy and support this manufacturer!!!!!
- Lori Burke, Newfoundland and Labrador

2020-05-31 2017 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

*****Buyer Beware***** Purchased this 2017 Prime Time Avenger Brand New - it was delivered to the campground as we are seasonal campers and when we walked in - the floor was wet by the main slide. Contacted dealer right away and spoke with the service department and they had a tech in the campground who came up and rechaulked the area around the slides. We have had issues from day one with water coming in thru the main slide but only when the slide is in. Opened the trailer up in May 2018 - again found water - contact dealer again and was advised by service manager that there was a manufacturing defect and that they knew who to fix it. The remedy was to put a double seal on the slides. Did not work and we found this out the hard way. My wife put the slides in because we were getting high winds and because we were in a treed area at the campground. When we went back there was water everywhere which result in me having to put thru an insurance claim - damages totalled almost $ 20,000.00. Opened the camper in May 2020 and guess what - more water. The only reason why it didn't leak in 2019 as it spent the majority of the winter getting repaired. Reached out to the dealer that sold us this camper - they won't do anything. Reached out to the manufacturer - they won't do anything - stating my warranty expired. Explained that why should warranty matter when the issue has been present from the time we bought the camper. Now we have to put thru another insurance claim and the cost of trying to fix how the water is coming in falls back to us. We are not the only ones that have had an issue with water coming into the slides. Save yourselves the headaches and the expenses - don't buy.
- Brian Parrott, Nova Scotia

2020-05-24 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

Primetime manufacturing is extremely poor and they do not stand behind their quality. Upon receiving our RV we noticed the wall in the bunk house was bowed and the tape detached. They said that happens when traveling. When you walk on carpet in slide nails poke and puncture the bottom of your feet. The nails in ceiling have a yellow discoloration. They screwed the wood in so tight, they split the wood and didn’t repair. The screws on the outside kitchen were all broken and not repaired. In the master room the wall has little bumps coming out of the wall. The caulk job was very poor. It was like they were at the end of the caulk gun and left an 1/8th of an inch of caulk for about 2 ft. All insulation underneath the bottom of the front of the RV retained so much water that it started coming through the floor and rotting the walls on both sides near kitchen slide and living room side. There has been one thing after another since purchase. We have contacted them numerous times and are told it’s maintenance issues we failed to conduct.
- Bella Davis, Michigan

2020-03-13 2018 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

Went to pick it up after purchasing and was informed I needed to wait 2 days for the pdi to be done(should have been done while I was filling out papaerwork) I had already done the walkthrough and pointed out that the awning wasn't wired properly and they were supposed to fix that while I went home to get the truck. 2 weeks later it's still waiting on pdi, after a month I was allowed to pick it up. I have no clue what they inspected as it was dirty as hell trash in the cabinets(fast food bags, drink cups etc, etc, etc) keep in mind this was a new unit at the time first owner, I also notice the wall next to the fridge is short and the lighting behind the stove is crooked, oh and the awning was still wired backwards. Took it back waited 3 months, get it back and the speakers are now blown it is once more full of garbage and the black tank is so full of feces the shutter wouldn't close, cabinets gouged, doors missing and so on. The owner says it was lo led the entre time they had it and I must have filled the tank in the 12 hours it was at my house. 3 months later i pick it back up it is AGAIN TRASHED! And the outdoor kitchen is destroyed, it looked like they left the door open and hosed it. Now Alot of this is down to the dealer and uncaring repair staff, and as the sales people call her the dumb blonde b**** that runs parts, however the hot water heater quitting everytime I tried to use it that isn't, neither is the fact that the propane hoses leaked because of the way they bent them at the factory. I made my first 12 payments in the shop after the first one was made prior to re Irving it. And since it was out of warranty the bad kitchen faucet is on me to replace, and the fact that the wall in the cabinet on the left side of the bed looks like the wall leaks though I'm pretty it's more likely they used a bad price of wood. Oh gee and it took 9 months to get the black and grey tanks to read anything other then empty. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS HORRENDOUS COMPANY! I was told shortly after I pi led it up by forest river/primetime that the warranty starts the day it rolls off of their assembly line and ends as soon as it hits the dealers lot
- James Jones, Arkansas

2020-02-06 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

This camper was leaking from the slides at first and we fixed that, then the floors started rotting and appeared to be water damage even in the dry season. We have not found the leaks but the whole floor from front to back is mushy and gives way into a hole if you try to walk on it. Very dissatisfied with quality of this camper.
- netamom, Florida

2020-02-01 2020 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our 26BH for a week. The only thing I can say is it pulls very easy. Lots of storage under the camper. Plenty of storage inside the camper. Large gray/black water dump handles. The only thing I can say negatively so far is the lack of a front porch light. It does have a nice bright led bar the length of the awning but it maybe too bright so a smaller amber porch light at the stairs would be better in my opinion when you don’t feel like blinding the neighbors. Some other things I have seen would be mark the 30 amp power cable when you have reached the end (my daughter kept trying to pull) but I will get some orange duck tape and mark the end so she will know not to pull more. Another, the awning is adjustable so that if it is down the door can scrape the awning and possibly rip the awning. mark the awning support arms so you know not to go pass this point or risk damaging the awning. No comments on the factory warranty no need yet. We look forward to many adventures in our Avenger.
- William Erwin, Georgia

2019-10-26 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

We have owned our avenger camper for about five years. I think this thing has been in the shop at least twice a year. The last time was for the A/C unit going out. I had the extended warranty but it only covers major appliances which the A/C is. It still cost me close to 400 dollars to change it out. It has been in the shop for water leaks and I still have a water leak in the same location. I will be putting it back in the shop as soon as I get back home. Also right about the time my one year bumper to bumper warranty expired I noticed the header beam over the slide out had shifted. The dealership quoted me a price of something like 1200 to 1500 to repair. I personally would not buy a prime time product again. I know our camper is not high end but if you pay over $20,000 for a product you would expect it to be quality and this camper is not. If you are in the market for a camper, choice wisely and read reviews. Just for the record, I am fairly aggressive when it comes to caring for our camper. I wash and condition the roof twice a year. I wash camper about every 3 moths regardless if we use it. I use black spray paint to touch up and rusty spot on under carriage areas. I was out tanks every time it goes out. I keep the A/C on during the summer to prevent high temps on inside of camper (We live in the south, it get hot). My wife and I are the only people to use the camper, our kids are grown. But regardless of the effort I still have put this thing in the shop a lot. Buyers be ware.
- The Smiths/read before buying, Louisiana

2019-10-20 2016 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

At first every thing seamed to be OK, but then every thing started coming apart. The first time we were setting up the Slide-out wouldn't go out all the way on the left side. You could stick your fingers between the seal and the wall at the bottom. There was a metal plate on the end of the bar attached to the outer wall that was bent. We took it to a dealer for repair figuring that it would be covered under the "Bumper to Bumper" extended warranty. The shop removed the gear bar with the bent plate off and straightened it out in a vice and re-installed it. The warranty company wouldn't cover the 4-1/2 Hour job because it was considered it an adjustment. That was not the end of it because when we we're setting up at our campground the metal plate bent again. So back to the same shop and they re-did the job. Well that still wasn't the end of the problem. We went to another campground about a hundred miles down the road and while setting up, the plate bent again, only worse. Now it's pushing out the plastic fender skirting. I thing the next step is to take it to another shop and see if they can get a replacement Bar or weld a heavier plate on so it doesn't bend again. Obviously the brackets were under engineered. But it gets worse! a good share of the paneling is coming loose throughout the trailer. It's put up with little staples like you would use to fasten insulation to the walls of a house. the floor on the slide-out is sagging like there are no floor stringers under it. There is no way you can sit on a chair and eat on the table as the table and the chairs would tip over. It looks like the bottom of a small fishing boat. The supposed new roof leaks when the air conditioner is running. one of these days the ceiling is going to be laying on the floor. Next is the furnace won't work. The problems keep mounting up.I could go on for a day.
- David, Texas

2019-09-07 2016 Prime Time Avenger 28DBS View Listings

We have had problems with this RV since day one! It started with the recliner, awning, furnace, hot water heater, and multiple severe leaks. We would NOT recommend a Prime Time Manufacturing product to anyone!!
- Thomas Williamson , Florida

2019-08-03 2016 Prime Time Avenger 18TH View Listings

Horrible. Motorcycle went through floor on its second ride. Despite having bought extended warranty, company refuses to fix claiming bike must have been tied down too tight. Avenger DOES NOT stand behind their product. Buyers beware!!! DO NOT buy this product. I’m disappointed beyond words can express. I plan on making a You Tube video showing this. Keep an eye out for it. Factory support deserves 5 NEGATIVE stars. Too bad the worse I can give is 1 star.
- Jean-Guy , Manitoba

2019-07-03 2019 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

Really happy with our choice. Love the rear kitchen floor plan. No issues at all after our first 5 trips with it. Great couples trailer, loads of storage, comfortable furniture, and lots of living space! So many compliments from family and friends.....you won't be disappointed. Not a high end trailer but it is outfitted at a price that more than acceptable with many high end features. Our dealer (Patterson - Fredericton NB) is excellent and was instrumental in orienting us newbies to the RV world. We would recommend this rv to anyone starting out or looking for a very comfortable couples trailer.
- Mike, New Brunswick

2019-06-27 2016 Prime Time Avenger 30QBS View Listings

Our camper was less than 4 years old an the floor rotted out from water leakage. The unit was garage kept and prime time manufacturer wanted nothing to do with our claim. It also was put together horribly. the slide door in the unit was drilled to the ceiling and not into a stud so the tract came loose and the door fell as well. There are several issues with this unit but the company would not have any part of it. Clearly it was manufacture defect. We were very dissatisfied with the unit and the lack of customer concern and support from this company.
- Katie Gordon, South Carolina

2019-06-10 2019 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

We love the rv. The problem is the warranty and customer service after taking possession. Our trailer leaked and have major water damage true the winter months from a defective or lack of seal around furnace cover. The dealer has filed a warranty claim but Primetime is refusing to help. We regret so bad to purchase their product. Anyone shopping for a new RV, STAY CLEAR OF PRIMETIME. There is many other manufacturer out there. I wish I could go back and start over. I know where we wouldn't buy from.
- Gilles Laflamme , Nova Scotia

2019-06-01 2019 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

We purchased our trailer in March 2018 so we could set it up for the season at our seasonal site early. Used it all summer with no issues. Closed it in Oct for the winter and when we opened it in April 2019, it had leaked from the furnace vent all winter. Our local dealer agreed with us and filed a warranty claim to Forest River. No help from them because they say we are 2 weeks past the 12 months time. It is clearly a manufacturing defect Do not make the same mistake we did. Stay away from FOREST RIVER
- Gilles Laflamme, Nova Scotia

2019-04-23 2018 Prime Time Avenger 27RBS View Listings

Love the layout, and easy to tow, however at only 8 months old i have had to fix the toilet, fridge, a/c, and now in the middle of replacing all the paneling in the bedroom from water damage. I said that right 8 months old and the mold in the walls is like it was leaking the day a brought it home. only noticed the issue because the floor under the bed was soft and the "wall paper" was bubbling. after hearing the horror stories of lengthy repairs and denied warranty claims i am just having it repaired myself so i know its done right.
- Dan, Florida

2019-04-22 2016 Prime Time Avenger 18TH View Listings

Perfect for two. Love off road camping. Bed is a bit small but everything else is great. Love the electric awning and electric hitch. Has full size appliances and good bathroom space. Axels were low but after flipping them it can go everywhere. Like the 2 batteries and 2 5 gallon propane tanks. Heats up and cools off fast!
- Zeffie Nelson-Barton, Utah

2019-04-07 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

I have a 2014 Avenger prime time, when I went looking for a camper , it was the first one the dealer showed me, I was impressed with the layout, but I should have known when the dealer wouldn't move on and show more , he wanted to sell that unit that day, he finally talked me into it , I paid way to much for it , we should all boycott buying these campers until the prices goes down , I can't even afford to trade this in for better. So many things wrong with this , all little problems , really nothing major , or so i thought . So after 1 year , and keeping it in and indoor storage for the winter , I took it out on the first spring camping trip, I had friends with me , and my friend stepped in the living room area and actually fell through the floor , I was so embarrassed , and thankful that she didn't get injured . Took it to the dealer , it wasn't covered of course , so it was a 5,000 dollar fix , had to replace the whole back end of the floor all the , carpet , it took them for ever , couldn't camp for half of the summer . At first the dealer wouldn't tell me what caused the water damage , couldn't find nothing leaking , tested all the seals , nothing . so they finally told me that the seal around the slide was leaking at the top and the water was running down the the side of the camper and going under the floor . which I don't really believe. I think if this kind of thing happens to a camper it should be covered by the manufacture ,there the ones that didn't install the seal correctly , if they had to pay for these damages , they would build them better .I couldn't even get a lawyer to back me up , to sue them for the damages because they have this all locked in ,and the customer is just screwed .
- Diana Birdsall, Michigan

2019-03-24 2018 Prime Time Avenger 33RCI View Listings

Has spacious windows to view outside from your free standing dinette and 4 pull out chairs. Talk with your family member while they wash dishes at the kitchen island or cooking at their range/oven. Recline in the two soft theater seat recliners watching sports channels (antenna included) and your drinks across from the large color TV and entertainment center. Sleep on a queen size bed in a private room with its own A/C away from the combined and rear living area. Spacious storage features throughout inside and also outside the RV. Even has an outside TV hookup, too!! Enjoy nature outdoors with friends and family and staying cool under the two awnings with LED lighting listening to music from the outside speakers and making meals on the two burner cooktop at the outside kitchen. Coming back from your adventures, you can shower off using the available outside shower.
- Lacy Family, Texas

2019-03-14 2019 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

I have owned many rigs, this one is the absolute worst! I just traded it yesterday --thank goodness. Even though this product, Prime Time, comes in through the "Forrest River" umbrella, it is the worst of the bunch, no doubt. General RV supposedly owns 25% of Prime TimeThe only way I unloaded it was pictures of rusted bolts holding the infrastructure together (Prime Time did not even use galvanized bolts that are exposed to the underside) and I was buying a plane ticket to go to Prime Time corporate in Michigan and General RV cut me a deal on a Keystone (only slightly better product) (this time period is NOT the golden age of RV quality) If you are even remotely thinking about a Prime Time product, please do yourself a favor. The other problem areas are cabinets (big time problems there. . . take the dinette storage off and INSPECT what is there) cabinetry is horrible throughout and also the electronics are as bad as they get. . . Factory support is also not good, at all. There are decent Forrest River products out there, this is not one.
- Steve Young, Florida

2018-10-11 2012 Prime Time Avenger 23FBS View Listings

Nice trailer for two retired couples (in our 70's) - bought new in 2012. The interior is arranged nicely. We have traveled to lot of places in Texas (a big state). I try to keep it maintained. Keep it washed/waxed and wash and Roof Guard on the roof. Grease the E-Z Lube axles every two years - had no problems. I store it in a enclosed barn or under a metal car port when not in use. No serious problems as of this moment. Usually do not stay all day in the trailer when traveling unless the weather is to bad to get out. We pull with a 2008 Chevy 2500 HD LB with a.410 rear axle & factory trailer pkg. We plan our travel route and places to visit & carry only what we think we might need - clothing, food, tools & etc. We like it.
- Roy, Texas

2018-08-21 2017 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

This travel trailer offers much more than expected. Extremely comfortable and roomy. I like the privacy of he 2 bedrooms and all of the features. Lots of items you’d ould normally only find in higher end RVs like a kitchen island, 50 amp service, leather and contemporary trim, etc.
- Marc , Texas

2018-08-11 2015 Prime Time Avenger 33BHS View Listings

These campers are absolute JUNK! Do not waste your money. Our camper is 3 years old and we have had nothing but problem after problem. If I knew we were buying such junk I would of bought another tent. And when you try to get a hold of prime time no one will call or email me back.
- MATTHEW FAWVER, Ohio

2018-04-09 2018 Prime Time Avenger 31RKD View Listings

While we absolutely LOVE the floor plan of this Coach it has become our worst nightmare. Purchased in October 2017 it has spent more time at the dealer for repairs that haven't been done or done properly then we have been able to use it. The day we picked up the coach we did a walk around at night and noticed the exterior electirc housing was cracked, took 2 months to get that fixed. One of the stabalizing jacks was broken, dealership replaced it under warranty and installed it backward returned 3 times to have this corrected still waiting. The faux wood tape on the medicine cabinet in the bathroom was torn on the corner, still waiting for that from the manufacurer. The interior kitchen wall bows between the sink and the rear of the coach, the screws on the blinds literally fall out of the wall when towing, the bedroom window leaks causing mildew and black mold, the screws for hinges on the kitchen cabinet fell out during towing. Their are hundreds if not thousands of metal shavings in the carpet of the dining area where the table is supposes to screw down, hundreds of staples that are not attached to the floor to hold the carpet down, putty smears on the walls that are only visible at the right angle in the right light all through out the coach, the trim on the interior was literally falling off the walls. I could continue, but I think you get the picture..... Biggest piece of garbage we have ever purchased. Do not waste your time looking at these and do yourself a favor do not purchase one either!
- Amy, Mississippi