Prime Time Avenger ATI Reviews on RV Insider (26)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time Avenger ATI RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

RichardHohn from South Dakota says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this camper brand new in May 17 2017. First time taking out hot water heater does not work, take it back to dealership to get fixed. get it back take it out the second time hot water heater still does not work. we deal with it. finally get it to work enough to make hot water than again quits. enough water to take a shower the bathroom wall gives loose, the wall is buckled. Next morning try to use hot water heater does not work again. we decide we have had enough go to tear down get ready to hook up to the truck. Back truck up to the camper start to let camper down and the jack lets loose and camper falls onto truck.VERY DISGUSTED IN THIS AVENGER CAMPER!!
- RichardHohn, South Dakota

2020-11-15 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Prime Time Avenger 2019 bought brand new. Stay away from this manufacture. Also, do research on the place you are buying your RV from. Could be a double ding (sting)!! Only 1 propane tank worked...sill waiting for a new one (going on 9 months! WHY???) Seal around outside of slider started deteriorating after 5 months. Bedroom wall warped causing the door not to close properly. Bedroom door now warped from traveling. Going on 6 months for replacement. STILL WAITING! Black water reader broken, again! P-traps under both sinks separate while traveling. Relative easy fix but annoying. Wall paper is coming off. Recliner LED lights broken, replaced, broken again. Built in Stereo system is a joke. Stove will won't light. Asked 3x to fix. This is when I say...check every item on your repair list BEFORE you take it home from he shop!! And the list goes on and on! And the RV Center we bought it from NEVER call us with updates. I swear it would just sit in the shop for a year if I didn't make phone calls. Make sure you exhaust your 1 year warranty for repairs before it expires. Buy the extended warranty!!! Our next RV will be researched extensively BEFORE we buy.
- Cheryl Anderson, Washington

2020-10-08 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I have a 2018 avenger, the worst rv ever made, since new it has needed a new AC, refrigerator and inverter. Now it needs $5000 in roof and molding repair. BEWARE!!!! Do not buy anything from this company, not even a tee shirt, it would fall apart.
- Dano Devine, Florida

2020-09-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Bought in July 2019. Used a weekend in August and September 2019. Used another weekend in June 2020. Getting ready for weekend in October Upstate NY.. Gonna be cold. I turned on heat. NO HEAT. Full gas tanks. Worked on day of walk thru when bought. Have not needed to use til now, Doesn't work. I'm told only had 1 year warranty. This is BS. Totally ridiculous
- John M., New Jersey

2020-09-02 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

Bought new Forest River Prime Time Avenger 27RBS. Day 1 front running lights fell off. Month 1 first time we took it out entire slide out had been leaking and ruined everything on the slide out. Took it and had it repaired good for 2 months and slide out had leaked again by the 2nd time we took it out. Raised the antenna 2nd time out and had just bought a new foam mattress a month before and the antenna leaked all over the floor and mattress. Ruined mattress and bubbled up the floor. Found out when we took it back for repairs that the antenna was not covered under warranty b/c it was considered a roof leak. Also found out the antenna is only screwed to and mounted to roof membrane not to a solid surface Under roof membrane. 3rd time we took it out master bedroom window leaked all over floor and bubbled the floor up even more. Dealer fixed the window leak but not the floor from water damage. Said floor was not covered under warranty and to much work involved that FR would not pay for repairs. We also found out that the camper would probably continue to leak b/c FR spaced the studs to far apart and that the structural integrity was in dealer quote. The dealer told us the Avenger was just junk and that they stopped selling it until FR fixed the faults of the Avenger. The dealer has been great to work with and we understand they can't be held responsible for all of FR screwups. Called FR and they basically said not their problem at this point we had already owned it past what the warranty would cover. But it seems like to me the warranty was only for 2 or 3 months b/c after that time everything that happened wasn't covered. Now we are sitting here with a piece of leaking junk or floors that want to cave in. It seems like FR would want to make a decent product for happy customers but once to purchase an rv they give 2 flying flips about the customer. If we ever decide to purchase another rv it will not be a FR product.
- Wesley Hall, Georgia

2020-07-18 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Total piece of junk. Driving.home 1st day all clearance lights fell off . Get home 2 Jack's are stripped and water heater does not work. Water heater fix 3x. I converted to electric myself. Laminate fake wood falling off fridge fix 2x front of trailer leaked from day 1. I rebuilt b/c FR said tough Genersl RV said too bad. Drive stereo does not work any more No longer take for repairs as I can do better and FR does not honor any warranty. Never own a FR product again
- STEVELUTZ, Florida

2020-07-17 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this RV on 4/2020. I only had it for 3 months and the plumbing connection to gray tank broke causing water to drip on the underbelly which later tore off the frame, the trim on bedroom door frame came off, I guess not enough glue, I called manufacturer to give numbers of dealerships who do warranty work. I called all these numbers and I get the same feedback on how they get screwed doing warranty work and all I get is the run around. Till this day 7/16/2020 nothing has been done to repair it nor has anyone called me. I’m very upset and thinking of sending it back
- Roland Baladez, Texas

2020-06-22 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Very spacious, beds are comfortable, plenty of sleeping space. Nice entertainment package, nice kitchen and cool features with light up backsplash and led knobs for oven, 50 inch tv, outside fridge and shower and stove.
- austin miller, Maryland

2020-06-12 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Terrible manufacturing. This is really a piece of junk. Turned the shower on and the wall buckled, staples and tape came apart. The outside door has already been replaced and still do esnt work. The counter laminate wasn't cut precisely and there are gaps. Haven't even had it a year and Campers Inn in Kingston NH where it was bought does nothing but give us the run around. There excuse when they do respind was there busy, now it's we are trying to get someone from that area (white mountains) of NH to come take a look. They asked for pictures we sent them pictures, we've complied with all requests. It is crap. My conscious wouldn't allow me to try and sell it off to someone else. Shame on Prime time and Campers Inn.
- Bonnie Norton , New Hampshire

2020-05-15 2014 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BB View Listings

This RV was easy to tow because it was lite weight. The kids loved the bunk beds & my husband and I lived the privacy given by the matching curtain decor. Storage was ample and accessible underneath in the trailer. The outdoor shower spiket prevented tracking dirt into the trailer. If I had to choose all over again. I would still pick the Avenger!
- Dahlia Thompson, Maryland

2020-03-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

It’s been a great travel trailer with no issues. Easy to tow and could live in it full time! I love the 50” TV and having the outdoor kitchen. With the slide out, the livable space is very roomy. Highly recommend.
- Jill Schroeder, Arizona

2020-02-27 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26RDS View Listings

Like others, first time out hot water tank doesn't work. Problem is we were 850 miles from home in the western Colorado mountains. I found a board in Montrose and replaced it myself and it worked ok. Tank manufacturer reimbursed me for the cost when we got home. Spent a month boondocking in the Uncompadre Nat'l Forest with no real issues. We replaced the uncomfortable couch with a Rec Pro double recliner and we are very happy with the unit. We store it under a carport which really adds to the life of the trailer.
- Stephen Selvidge, Oklahoma

2019-10-05 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RKS View Listings

To start off... went to put stuff in the door of the freezer and found a bottle of blue toilet stuff on the drawer. (Really??? Why wasn’t this in the bathroom????)The freezer has the odor of the toilet cleaner. Had baking soda in it to no avail. Food had to be tossed due to absorbing the smell and probably taste 😡. Can’t use the freezer. I’ve pulled 2 Wildwoods for over 10 years, so I know how to pull a camper. Dealership hooked the weight distribution and sway bar up. Drove it 30 miles on a state road to a campground with a little sway. Left the campground for home. Next trip, got on the interstate and a tractor, with no trailer, passed and about turned the Rv over. My husband was driving behind me and said he was scared I wasn’t going to be able to control it. By the grace of God, I did. It’s the most scared I’ve ever been. Next day, My husband left for work so I was alone. Tried to leave the camper in the afternoon and found I was locked in and couldn’t get out even though I had not locked the door. Was trying so hard to open the door the camper was rocking. It would not open. Called the dealer and told them. Told them everything wrong and could I return the camper. They didn’t call me back. Husband didn’t understand how I could get locked in and not get out till we came back from town the next day, and couldn’t get in. The door was stuck again!! Apparently, when the sun is on the camper, it swells and the screw heads stick out too far to release the door. He pushed and pulled and so did my son-in-law. This is a safety issue all around. Forest River also manufactures the wildwood... sure is a major difference in these two. Avenger needs to be removed from the market. It is a safety issue.
- Joyce Cassin, Kentucky

2019-09-29 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Purchased this RV in early 2018 and it’s been wonderful. We take it to the coast for spring break and leave it down there until school starts. We use it as our “beach house” for summer vacations. This past summer we took 9 trips to the coast and always had a trailer full of kids. The large beds are real accommodating when you have a bunch of teenagers staying with you. The large slide-out makes for a spacious living area and the 50” built in TV and entertainment center makes you feel at home. Only thing I don’t like about this model is the small tub/shower combo. Being 6’4”, I have to watch hitting my head on the ceiling so a shower would be better. This trailer pulls very well. I pull it with a 2015 F-150 with the V6 EcoBoost motor and have no problems running the speed limit on the interstate. Would highly recommend this trailer.
- Richard Thorman, Texas

2019-08-30 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 24BHS View Listings

Only used my rv twice my dealer ordered the part a month ago and through warranty it still has yet to go through. Now it’s Labor Day weekend and since we don’t have our camper we still can’t go camping. My 1997 Jayco did not look as nice but at least it worked and we could use it. I am not happy about this.
- Jay, Missouri

2019-07-25 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

I purchased a 2017 Avenger ATI brand new and have had nothing but issues with it from the first time we used it. We have had water leaks every time we take it camping. The door to the bedroom fell off the ceiling the first time we drove it down the road. The outside panels are rusting and the paint is peeling off. The company will not stand behind their product and I would never buy any Prime Time RV again. I have owned several campers and never had issues like this one. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. Don't waste your money!
- Daniel Metts, North Carolina

2019-07-19 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Purchased this camper last April and was excited as it was our first brand new one. Before we even went camping we had to take it back for repairs. The partial wall between the dinette and sofa was popping off because they put the screws in but wasn't attached to anything, the bedroom door handle is not lined up with the latch so you see the hole they cut in the door (never fixed) and the carpet tacks were sticking up so far that it hurt to walk on the carpet. Visit 2 was to fix the water line to the kitchen sink that had been installed and kinked at a 90 degree angle and the bathroom sink drain was leaking and crooked. We got it back with the kitchen fixed and no washer in the bathroom drain so it still leaked (they didn't have any washers in stock is what they told us). Now our slide out is leaking water under the dinette seat. We are one month past our warranty and have been informed of that by both General RV and Primetime. We put $6000 down on this unit and can't trade it in without losing more money. Very disappointed in the quality and craftmanship of our purchase and can't afford to get something else.
- Kristy Cox, Ohio

2019-02-24 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this TT at the end of 2017. Great for my family of 5. On our last trip, we had 9 of us camping in it, so it’s nice for more friends and family to come along. We live on the east side of Michigan and have taken it across the state and down to Florida. No real problems so far. The outside, little shower door thing, busted on one notch, but can still be shut and locked up. Some things like that, seem “chinsey”, the bed comfort isn’t that comfortable. I’ll be getting a foam mattress topper, but the price was better than most other TT’s of similar size and/or layout. Overall I’m glad with the purchase. Real good value for the money.
- Tom, Michigan

2019-01-16 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this TT in 2016 and we use it about 70 nights a year. We just decided to trade in and buy a better quality TT. TO be honest, this is a great camper for parking some where or using once or twice a year. Issues that I have are the bathroom wall keeps popping out, I have had fixed and it just pops right back out when we drive away. The heater has broken 5 times and each time it requires a new circuit board. I have figured out that this happens every time we get a lot of rain, it runs right in the seals. I have replaced seals on the heat cover and bought a new cover...no help. The molding in the camper has all fallen off and required me to fix it all. Seems like every time we go somewhere, the camper breaks. Just ready to move up the ladder and have confidence in my trips again. As of now, I travel with more tools than luggage.
- Brandon, Maryland

2018-11-26 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BK View Listings

WE BOUGHT IN JULY 2017 MANUFACTURES WARRANTEE WAS UP IN JULY 2018 LAST FRIDAY WE NOTICED A POSSIBLE LEAK WE TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP TO HAVE IT LOOKED AT WELL IT TURNS OUT IT HAS BEEN LEAKING FOR A WHILE. THEY ARE PROPOSING TO TAKE BACK TO INDIANA AND FIX IT AS A "GOOD WILL" GESTURE AND THEY WILL NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER ISSUES THAT WE HAVE. AND WILL ONLY BACK UP THE REPAIR FOR 90 DAYS. THAT UNIT WAS NOT PUT TOGETHER PROPERLY THE ASSEMBLY PERSONNEL NEED TRAINING THERE WAS SO MANY LITTLE ISSUES IT IS NOT WORTH THE PROBLEMS. FROM DRAWERS POPPING OPEN TO SCREWS BEING TO LONG AND MAKING THE SIDING POP OUT AND LOOK WARPED. DUE TO LEAK WE ARE AT ALMOST $8000 IN REPAIRS INCLUDING LABOR
- KRYSTAL, Florida

2018-07-01 2014 Prime Time Avenger ATI 14RB View Listings

I really love this trailer has everything. The smaller Avenger was great for me since I had to tow it myself. I am able to conveniently park it on my driveway its just the perfect right size for me. The way is laid out everything is easy to get to and comfortable to live in.
- linda, California

2018-05-20 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 24BHS View Listings

I bought the camper mid march, my dad picked it up as my truck doesn't have a hitch yet, I was given no more then a 15 minute walk through, I was supposed to pick it up on a thursday, was not able to till the following wensday as they hadn't done their pdi, when my father showed up to pick it up, they pointed at the camper, the hitch parts and said, thats yours GTFO! the thing pulls like a pig, tongue heavy as hell! first trip out the trim around the door falls off, and it was dirty, the sawdust at the foot of the bed was no less then 4" deep and was the full width of the bed and the gap between the bed and the wall (queen bed) the wall surrounding the fridge was warped badly, the light behind the stove was canted sideways, their was caulking missing EVERYWHERE on the exterior, the light in the slider fell off the ceiling, awning was wired backwards, screws sticking out of the wall second trip out following weekend we noticed that there were staples everywhere, holes atleast, and the wall in the closet was falling apart took it back to the dealer they cleaned at it, meaning they swept it all down the vents, and it was actually dirtier when we picked it up then when I dropped it off, they also blew out the speakers for the stereo got it back outdoor kitchen cabinetry needs replacing all of the "wood" I'll use that term loose as hell, was swollen, and found a piece of trim in the front compartment had probably no less then 2000 staples in the first foot and a half on each side, nothing down the middle took it out this weekend, and the damn hot water heater ran for 2 days and wouldn't shut off, burned itself up, I don't trust the dealer but I'm stuck with this POS the parts lady is also over service and I don't think she could get any lazier, they have had a coachmen rv there in service since the late 90's and still have it completely blown apart, unfortunately I have to continue to use them unless I can get another dealer to take over the warranty DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE PILES OF S%*T!!!
- James Jones, Arkansas

2018-05-20 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 24BHS View Listings

I bought the camper mid march, my dad picked it up as my truck doesn't have a hitch yet, I was given no more then a 15 minute walk through, I was supposed to pick it up on a thursday, was not able to till the following wensday as they hadn't done their pdi, when my father showed up to pick it up, they pointed at the camper, the hitch parts and said, thats yours GTFO! the thing pulls like a pig, tongue heavy as hell! first trip out the trim around the door falls off, and it was dirty, the sawdust at the foot of the bed was no less then 4" deep and was the full width of the bed and the gap between the bed and the wall (queen bed) the wall surrounding the fridge was warped badly, the light behind the stove was canted sideways, their was caulking missing EVERYWHERE on the exterior, the light in the slider fell off the ceiling, awning was wired backwards, screws sticking out of the wall second trip out following weekend we noticed that there were staples everywhere, holes, and the wall in the closet was falling apart took it back to the dealer they cleaned at it, meaning they swept it all down the vents, and it was actually dirtier when we picked it up then when I dropped it off, they also blew out the speakers for the stereo got it back outdoor kitchen cabinetry needs replacing all of the "wood" I'll use that term loose as hell, was swollen, and found a piece of trim in the front compartment had probably no less then 2000 staples in the first foot and a half on each side, nothing down the middle took it out this weekend, and the damn hot water heater ran for 2 days and wouldn't shut off, burned itself up, I don't trust the dealer but I'm stuck with this POS the parts lady is also over service and I don't think she could get any lazier, they have had a coachmen rv there in service since the late 90's and still have it completely blown apart, unfortunately I have to continue to use them unless I can get another dealer to take over the warranty DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE POS!!!
- James Jones, Arkansas

2018-04-17 2016 Prime Time Avenger ATI 17QB View Listings

We bought the trailer brand new. A few problems surfaced right away, but the very costly and dangerous issue happened recently. Driving at 60 mph on an Interstate, one leaf spring broke, slamming a tire into the back of the wheel well, locking up the tire. It required $3010 to fix. The cause was springs that are rated for 1500lbs each on a trailer that has a GVWR of3941. Our trailer had no water on board, lightly loaded. Forest River accepts no responsibility. Glad nobody was seriously hurt!
- Gordon, California

2018-04-04 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BK View Listings

I love my new travel trailer. It has everything I can ever imagine. It is not too long 29' (easy maneuverability), not too heavy 4763 lb ( can be towed by many trucks and SUVs), and not too high 10' 3" (can fit into 12' garage door). It sleeps six, which is the max number of people that can fit into the towing truck anyway. It has 2 axils which is Very important feature in an RV. In addition to the privately set queen bed, there are 2 full size bunk beds which is a must have in my RV buying criteria. The couch and the dining table can be converted into bed. The fridge is full RV size that is sitting high rather than underneath the sink. It has a microwave with hood over the 3 eyes stove. Also it has an outside kitchen and a shower.
- Yousif, Michigan