Prime Time 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (155)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2020-10-15 2016 Prime Time Crusader 380MBH View Listings

Excellent RV, great customer support when I need to repair some items. Was able to call and get part numbers and then go to dealer and get the parts I needed. The floor plan is excellent, we have not had any issues with ours but normal maintenance has kept it in perfect shape. We love the Primetime Crusader. Every RV has its issues you just need to be willing to maintain it.
- Ryan Napalo, Mississippi

2020-09-24 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

I have a 2018 Sanibel 3751 and it has been a good camper. Any warranty issues were covered by Prime Time and had a few items also fixed by Prime Time beyond the warranty period. This camper would be great for full timers or that weekend/week/month trip.
- Gary Grell, Florida

2020-08-15 2018 Prime Time Sanibel View Listings

Buyer beware!!!! NEVER and I mean never buy a Forest River/ Prime Time. I bought mine brand new and had several Major issues within the first Month. I immediately let Blue dog RV in Las Vegas Nevada know about them. They referred me to the manufacturer, which happens to be Forest River. I dealt with a couple of people at the top management position. Terry Baughman, and Wendy ?. They bullied me, lied to me. And even told me to go ahead and email the owner of the company, Warren Buffett. I mean really!!!! What the........??? In short I’ve had this trailer right at 3 years. It’s been in the shop at the very least 2 out of the 3 years. Andy basically the company and the dealer could care less that their product is crap. By the way the major issues were the belly box flooding. The ceilings falling, and the biggest thing they can’t fix is the furnace. I say again NEVER purchase from them!!!!!
- Leanne, Nevada

2020-08-12 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3102 View Listings

Bought a brand new piece of crap and i am discussed. The list is long for day three. Typical water leaks broken appliances,staples sticking out of the carpet. All the normal complaints "BUT I BOUGHT A UNIT WITH TWO A/C'S SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABIUT MY DOG BEING IN THE TRAILER AND WOULD BE SAFE. Well second day we left for a couple hours and both a/c's failed. My dog almost died and I'm passed. Junk junk junk junk junk do not buy prime time junk.....
- gunnforhire, Alaska

2020-06-30 2012 Prime Time Sanibel 3500 View Listings

This has been the best rv I have had Perfect a couple traveling around the county for long periods of time, The residential shower is awesome, the sleep number mattress is a must. I highly recommend taking a look at this well maintained and loved rv
- Roger Stuksa, Texas

2020-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Beautiful RV with luxury livability. Tons of storage and pulls extremely well! Love the solid rims and fiberglass exterior. The bathroom is great, shower and toilet are almost residential quality! The kitchen IS residential and very usable.
- Charles Tuttle, Texas

2020-06-16 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I OWN A 2017 CRUSADER LOVE IT THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE TIRES THEY COME WITH. THE TIRES PEELED LIKE AN ORANGE AND EXPLODED WHILE LEAVING US ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE FOR 8 HRS. WITH A LOT OF DAMAGE. THE GOOD THING IS EVERYONE IS SAFE. PLEASE I PRAY YOU REPLACE THE FACTORY TIRES. THEY PUT CHEAP TIRES ON YOUR EXPENSIVE TRAILER AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE COST AND DANGER.
- jimmyvincent68, Louisiana

2020-06-03 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

Overall I would rate this camper at a 2. Lets start with the simple things. I was going to change the stereo so that I could add my media server to the camper and found that the speakers were not wired in stereo, but instead were serially wired. My rear speakers are tied together and my front speakers are wired together. The only speakers wired properly were the outdoor speakers. During the very first camping trip the trim above the pushout in the kitchen area came off and landed on the countertop while driving down the road. Two small 18 gauge nails were all that was holding a 12' piece of trim on. During the next camping trip the same trim in the bedroom came off and landed on the bed. I finally removed all trim pieces and reinstalled properly. During this trip we also noticed a water leak from the rear air conditioner. We took it back to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. During the next trip, it was leaking again. I climbed on the roof during a rainstorm and could see the lights inside of the camper through the AC housing. They had cut the hole too big and had not sealed all of the open holes in the air conditioner base. It was literally raining directly into the camper. I sealed all holes for both AC units during the next sunny day. No leaks since. 4 years into ownership and I have now re-installed all trims and seals around the push outs, they have all come off. I have replaced the floor under the dinette (they do not seal between the floor and the aluminum frame which allows water to enter at the seam and rot the floor). In addition they used very poor materials for the floor. I have replaced most of the plastic PEX fittings with metal and re-crimped because after about 1 year they all started to leak (I always use a regulator with gauge). In addition, I have removed the kitchen sink, resealed and reinstalled because it was falling down (wingnuts, really?). Twice I have had to climb on the roof of the camper and clean the thermostat connectors on the air conditioning units because they would not turn on. Whoever had the bright idea to put RJ phone connectors on the roof of a camper should be fired. We are dissatisfied with the heat in the unit. It is not balanced at all. Our bathroom will be 120 degrees while the living area will be 40 degrees. We recently installed new vents throughout the camper so that we can at least adjust the output airflow until I can get to the furnace and balance the output there. We recently had a blowout that destroyed a fender skirt, j-panel, and tore up the tarp like material above the tire well. Construction in this area is definitely poor, as if they never expected their Chinese tires to blow. My tires had just over 5K miles when this happened, and I had just checked pressures. Tire blew within 5 miles of my house. It was at this time that we discovered that our spare tire was a six lug rim, while the camper used 8 lug rims. Fortunately for us, the tire size was the same, and a person who stopped to help had a friend with a tire changer. I now carry a complete toolset with this camper to include a power drill, a driver drill, RV caulkings and caulking guns, and a complete PEX toolkit with fittings. You can buy a camper from Prime Time and Forest River if you want, but I never will again.
- Philip Hoffman, Virginia

2020-05-27 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3751-C View Listings

Love that it can be lived in for long periods of time. Wish I could control the pump outs from inside. Love having a washer and dryer in the unit. Love having double sinks in the bathroom along with a full size shower.
- Meshell Sullivan, Florida

2020-05-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

The quality control at the factory is total junk! All screw heads holding it together are stripped. Can’t even cover nail holes worth a crap. TV backer spot in master bedroom was off by 6” based on sticker showing it. I had to rewrire the satellite/cable tv because they did wrong. 3 trips to dealer and paying for a mobile mechanic to fix the refrigerator. Will never recommend this manufacturer! At least have SOME pride in craftsmanship...
- Tyler Rogers, Oklahoma

2020-03-20 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since we bought it. The rook leaks all the time. The stripping around the inside ceiling keeps coming off throughout the entire RV. The siding doors want stay on track and one of them broke 2 months after we bought it. I will never by another one. Wish I knew then what I know now. Read all the reviews before you buy one.
- Andrea Cater , Tennessee

2020-01-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

I fell in love with this RV and the floor plan. I have however had nothing but problems with this unit. The underbelly filled with water due to a grey tank not being connected correctly. It was winter, so it froze and destroyed wiring and heating pads. The fittings on the hot water blew apart, filling the under belly with water. after one road trip of 400 miles, several pieces of trim (walls and ceiling) worked loose due to not being properly fastened at the factory. It was Flex Tested and found to be outside the limits. Crown modeling was not cut correctly at the factory and had to be replaced. The kitchen slide wall has a huge square hole, that sunk into the side, delamination is what the called. The whole was had to be replaced. There is delamination all over the RV. the floor supporting the all in one washer/dryer fell through, after taking it apart it was found there were no center supports underneath it, and the edge supports were put together with staples that pulled apart. The bed supports were not cut to the correct length and causes the slide to move before the bed goes with it. The clear coat on the front cap has broken down and now requires repainting. The underbelly cover is nothing but cheap couragted plastic that has been replaced several times. Floor mounted heat registers are in holes that were cut too big, so the screws do not hold them in place. Stripped screws in the living room slide causes fuses to be blown anytime the slides were moved. The entire Cable/Sat wiring had to be rewired due to failure after the first road trip. I am truly disappointed in this unit. I purchased this brand new.... buyer beware of Prime Time and Forest River!!!
- Dustin Owens, Colorado

2019-12-28 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Crusader 382MBH in October. One of the first things we noticed as soon as we walked in was the back splash for the hutch was laying on the table. And the trim for the steps was off. But the big eyesore was that the chairs for the table were from 2 different sets. One had diagonal slats the other had horizontal slats. The seat cushions were 2 different colors, one off white the other a deep grey, the base was entirely different as well. But that was not as bad as the steps which are a DEATH TRAP. THE bottom one is 7.75" the middle is 10" and the top is 9.25". These problems only add to what we found once we actually brought it home and got it ready for use. There was NO HEAT VENT in the bathroom. You could feel the cut out through the linoleum and this would stretch if you stepped on it while the heat was on(they just laid the flooring right over it). The microwave was placed too close to the cabinet so that you could not open it all the way and it hit the trim which was hung crooked. The trim by the recliner was not attached and just hung by a top nail. The bunkhouse door was crooked. Off over 1/2 inch. All this we thought we could deal with until we got it serviced. When we got home and started to load it we found they appeared to have swept ALL the sawdust under the steps which vent into the camper. (a fire hazard) Then we went camping. When we got to our destination the ENTIRE CLOSET ROD HAD FELL. looking at it, they had screwed the middle hook to the ceiling where there was NOTHING TO HOLD IT. If they had moved it 2" back (as we did) they would have hit a board. Of course this meant moving the braces on either side as well. Then we used the shower. AFTER 4 USES IT WOULD NOT DRAIN. At servicing they found that THE BATHROOM GREY WATER HAD NO WASTE VALVE CABLE TO DRAIN THE GREY WATER. Of course that meant water all over the bathroom and a mess to clean up. Also there was a screw under the carpet in the bedroom (OUCH) with the sharp end up. GENERAL RV IN ASHLAND VA WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO resolve these problems AND ALL IN ONE VISIT. Except for the chairs which PRIME TIME DOESN'T SEE AS A WARRANTY ISSUE
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-12-20 2019 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

Worst support I've ever seen. Chairs did not match in style, color, or, design. Bathroom did not have heat vent in floor. Cut out was there but they layed the linoleum right over it. Steps are a death trap. Bottom is 7.5", middle is 9" and top step is 10.25". Microwave is so close to cabinet it doesn't open all the way, hits the trim which is crooked.
- Vincent Jenkins, Maryland

2019-12-14 2019 Prime Time Sanibel 3851 View Listings

We purchased a 2019 sanibel and has been the worst purchase we have ever made!!! We have been in our 5th wheel 5 months and it as been a nightmare!!! We live in ours full time so all these issues are a high inconvenience. We have a hydraulic leak on one of the legs so can't keep it level. We have already fixed 4 or 5 water leaks. There are staples sticking up in the carpet. Water pours out of the toilet. The heater doesn't work. The thermostat doesn't work correctly. The tv in the living room has gotten where it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to come on. Yes we called and took it in for ALL this to be fixed, which was an inconvenience because it's about 2 hours away and again we live in it. They had it 2 days and said all was fixed except for some water leaks under the heater and the hydraulic leak because they have to order parts that could take up to 8 WEEKS to come in. NOTHING except the heater is fixed!!!! The toilet still pours water,the TV still takes forever to come on etc. VERY disappointed and disgusted with this whole deal!!! We paid over 50,000 for this unit!!! Very dissatisfied!!
- Donna Allen, Texas

2019-12-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Love my prime time Sanibel 3701.Everthing works great with no problem.Auto level is very nice to have and simple to operate.All the storage and cabinets are much needed and very much used.Almost everyone that checks out my Sanibel says wow this is very nice and they think it's a 100,000 fifth wheel.Ive had many campers but this one beats all the others.I bought this camper used with no warranty.Had to fix a couple things myself but all easy stuff since I have some tools on hand and a drill with a square drive.Demand pump would freeze up when down to 15degess so I disconnected from basement floor and remounted up one foot to main floor using same plumbing.Pump does not freeze up now and only took 45 min to do.The only thing I don't like is the noisy Atwood furnace,almost all Atwood's are super noisy so I'm going to replace it with a suburban sf35fq because it is nice and quiet.Well now it's time to head West in Prime Time style.
- Michael Lowe, Wisconsin

2019-11-22 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3591 View Listings

Poorly built heater quits working when it has to work hard to try and heat the unit can’t heat up to 60 on 20° days. hot days ACs don’t cool it down bathroom walls are flimsy had to put new tires on it after six months screws are always coming loose microwave quit after six months I highly recommend you guys not buying a prime time forest river camper.
- Blake, Colorado

2019-10-29 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

on 02/07/15 we ordered a custom built sanibel, from campers inn , kings mt, n.c. we had a new job in virginia beach, va starting 04/12/15 we got a call from the dealer about 7 days before we had to go to new job, that the rv was on the carrier and they would have it within a couple of days, a couple days later we got a call for dealer that the rv was lost they cannot fine it 2 days later they had a rv for and it was a 2016, rv came in, did not have queen bed in the king slide, had central vacuum did not want. told prime time refused to built what we wanted. it was supposed to have 4 season, as we are full timers, we do not have it, only three windows are winter. the doors have cracked wood, not the stove we wanted, wanted lane furniture, got franklin, which is seconds, material is coming off theater seats, foot release will not release the foot extension, dealer told us you have to live with it. franklin warranty starts the day it is made so we only had 5 months. the bathroom sink came in cracked and old dirty caulk. shower wall one half is unpolished and dull, mirrored doors have excessive glue on bottom bedroom has very little heat coming to it. ac unit in bed ceiling has a foot long piece of vent tape hanging loose,again we have to live with it. side widow is note snug in the wall lots of cold air comes in. we had rv 3 days and in virginia we had a heavy rain storm, water was coming for ac like a water fall, called mobile tech, he found the ac was jammed into the ceiling hole had a half in open hole no take or calk he had to remove and reset the ac rubber roof is full of air pockets, had to have it repainted 2 years ago. kitchen sink leaked, kitchenade refrig bottom door had a dent in it. drawers keep falling off rails, doors are not even, back wall doors when traveling open. have to tie them shut. now about 1 year ago we found the dinette floor sinking down apparently we have had a major leak from the entry door slide, which we never had known, it is going to cost us $11,000. to fix floor up to kitchen are is soft. we also ordered a 40 foot and we have a 43. a mobile tech told us this rv was sitting outside in a field for some time. all prime time says is it is out of warranty. Campers inn said we will fix it at your cost, we are new management and did not sell it , ever where we have gone gives us another excuse, too big, did not sell, wait list is 6 months. the reason the slide is floor is sinking is because the slide gasket is trimmed too short and not long enough, rv was 5 months old had to replace the read rv, storage in belly has had two major floods from faulty pipe installation, we have kept the middle area of the belly untouched so you see how they clean you new rv. ceiling vents were full of wood chips and sawdust, the dealer tried to change the king bed to a queen size bad job there too, while we were sleeping then the frame work caved it have so many more things wrong it not funny
- phil and gloria hurl, Florida

2019-10-08 2014 Prime Time Crusader Lite 260RL View Listings

Great quality construction. Very comfortable for two people to snowbird in after we bought 2 new chairs and hassocks, originals were not comfy. Bathroom and shower are large for an RV. Bamboo mattress is firm. New 10 ply tires.
- Bruce Benway, Florida

2019-10-07 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3651 View Listings

We really like the layout and the quality of the structure itself. However, the finishes and the quality of the materials that are used are very very poor. Doors falling off, drawers not aligned, screws coming loose and falling out, screws in the control panel area were screwed into plumbing, cables not installed properly, satellite into the cable and vice versa. Slide screws coming out, shower door leaked because they did not caulk when it was installed. The installers should be fired. I have a 3 page list of poorly installed items. I sent the list to Forest River...no response. General RV is as piss poor as they come as well. The sales process was awesome and then it went downhill from there. They took more than a year to fix all the problems, then the manufacturer denied the the claims that were reported a week after delivery because the one year warranty period had expired because General RV took that long to fix the defects. I am still waiting on parts from 2 years ago. I will not buy another Prime Time (Forest River) Sanibel again. Drawers installed poorly, They were not aligned and wont close all the way. Doors coming off, and I noticed about half the hinges are loose and had to be tightened. Wine cooler, built in, not supposed to be. Poor ventilation, panel screwed onto frame missed 2 of the 4 screws. Had to remove panel because the thermostat is on the back side of the unit and not accessible. This should be installed on hinges in order to access the thermostat. Ice maker not hooked up. No water line was run to the back side or even near the refrigerator slide out. I installed it myself and it works great. Cables were installed improperly for the satellite and cable tv. The orange cable and black cable were switched. I was able to take care of this myself. Screws used to fasten the cable tv connector to the panel were too long. One of them was protruding into the plumbing fitting on the back side of the panel. Screws used in the control panel where water and cable tv hook-ups are located, are rusting within a week of purchase. This is an area that is wet often and stainless screws should have been used. I replaced the sub standard screws with stainless. Fireplace rotating flame has stopped working on the very first camping trip. There is no manual for the fireplace and no remote control. Screws were protruding through the floor in the bedroom closet. Whatever was being fastened to the underside, the screws were too long. This injured me and I could only use a hammer to force the screw back through the floor because it could not be accessed from underneath. Frosted glass in cabinet doors is easily damaged causing holes to appear in the glass. This should be protected with a film or plastic sheet to prevent frosted effect from damage from items rubbing against it. A lot of things move in an rv. First trip caused damage on bedroom door and on pantry door. Shower leaks, caulk needs to be used at each end because water in the door tray travels to each end and then finds its way underneath the metal, then travels to the front and falls to the floor along the front edge. Screen door screws came out of latch. Would not hold after trying to re tighten. Had to use bigger screws and glue to hold in place. There was also a lot of debris under the furniture or behind it that is difficult to clean because we don’t have a vacuum attachment long enough to get to it. The furniture is fastened to the floor. No corner trim on bottom edge of kitchen cabinets above stove top range. Rough edges are visible and cheap looking. The closet clothes rod was installed way too close to the door. There was about four inches of clearance and a standard hanger has at least 8 inches, so if you hang clothes up, you can’t close the doors. Screws are coming loose and falling out on the large bedroom slide trim, and the fender trim.
- Kevin Souder, Florida

2019-09-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

Just got back from vacation. The RV has held up very well from the rough roads we experienced. My RAM 2500 has no problems pulling it. The Lippert hydraulic auto level system works so easy. Full hydraulic slides are smooth in and out.
- Steve Botschon , Texas

2019-08-24 2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Front needs to be repainted and we contacted the manufacturer and dealt with Sara Hankins. Shouldn’t paint last more than a couple of years. The manufacturer does not stand behind their trailers that are basically just a big disappointment. Oh and Sara was not helpful her final response was “unfortunately, this is a component on your unit “. I wish it was not on my unit but it is and they won’t deal with it. Really bad STAY AWAY FROM Prime Time. Wish we had
- George and Linda Durocher , Alberta

2019-08-17 2014 Prime Time Sanibel 3600 View Listings

THIS TRAILER IS THE INTELLIGENT CHOICE FOR COMFORTABLE LIVING. WELL INSULATED, WARM WITH A HEATER AND FIREPLACE. COOL FOR ALL SEASONS. IT IS PERFECT FOR A STARTER AND LIVING IN THE WOODS OR ON THE LAND. IT IS LIKE NEW AND VERY WELL BUILT, GENTLY USED AND CLEAN.
- PAM SUITER, Iowa

2019-08-16 2014 Prime Time Crusader 351REQ View Listings

Great product value for the price point. One 'major' (rear window replacement) and several minor repairs required under warranty within the first few months. All were handled as expected through dealer and Forest River. This floor plan is awesome for a couple, with large living/kitchen area, super sized washroom for changing clothes and getting 'ready'! Ideal for full time travel! Quick setup with the auto leveling!
- Malcolm, Oregon