Prime Time 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark Skidmore from Delaware says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3551 View Listings

continued: this is the list of issues found wrong with our unit over the past 4 months and the list continues to grow. DO NOT PURCHASE A UNIT FROM PRIME TIME MANUFACTURING. They are all about quantity over quality. 1. scratched and cracked dinette table 2. poorly installed pantry door w/ damaged hinges 3. poorly caulked shower door led to huge leak 4. damaged trim from freezer door rubbing while slide is in 5. damage to front of island by table top while slide is in 6. bright white thermostat cover on tan wall 7. damaged bathroom door and would not latch while connected to fifth wheel hitch. 8. small cut in vinyl floor 9. ripped gasket on bedroom slide 10. loose panel inside of cabinet 11. poorly cut back splash panels (2) 12. kinked water lines to the island 13. poorly cut plywood under counter top 14. HVAC ducting full of debris 15. A/C and heat ducts poorly taped 16. heat duct holes in floor cut 1 inch to big 17. heater wires pinched between heater cabinet and steps 18. metal duct work was bent 19. poorly clamped duct work 20. H/W heater poorly plumbed 21. propane supply line was not supported 22. door strike poorly installed 23. poorly installed screws all over the unit, creating damage to wood work because they were installed on a 45 degree angle, screws that were too big and screws of the wrong type 24. hole in the wall behind hand rail 25. poorly built, poorly stapled and poorly glued sofa back 26. unit poorly cleaned from the factory, full of metal debris, wood debris, found loose screws and even small pieces of trim 27. poorly cut holes in cabinetry for plastic collars (wire routing) 28. cracked trim at bottom of slide .29 poorly installed ceiling trim and crown molding 30. shower door bumper not properly installed 31. toilet rocked on floor, not secure 32. poorly installed screws on slide rollers 33. oven vent was not properly installed 34. floppy lose electrical receptacle behind the fireplace .35 several cracked support rails in pantry .36 poorly installed gas shocks on hatch .37 air condition coil cabinet was full of debris, left behind by Prime Time .38 poorly installed battery box .39 poorly designed and cut counter top behind the oven .40 poorly braced side panels around wheel wells 41. white wall switch mounted near a dark brown receptacle 42. another ripped gasket on inside of bedroom slide 43. large 4 inch knock-out stuff in a A/C duct 44. poorly engineered chairs, no support at rear of seat bottom This is a short version due to space. I find most of these infractions are due to poor ingenuity or poor craftsmanship and should not exist. I was told by Prime Time that these units are not perfect and are built by humans, as if to make an excuse for the poor quality that we found. I have pics and video to share if needed. I believe the general public should launch a campaign to the governing agencies over the RV industry to tighten the regulation on production of RV's. Too many consumers get burnt by poor quality in the production of RV's.
- Mark Skidmore, Delaware

2021-07-20 2013 Prime Time Crusader 260RLD View Listings

Well where to start after about 1 year the nose cap started to crack all around where the screw are to hold it on. Contact Rick who handles warranty after a good long talk he said that Prime Time would pay half this is cause it was passed the warranty period time (this what all manufactures have it’s called AWA after warranty assistance) but I would have to paid for it up front. This was in spring 2015 so cap ordered trailer when in cost was $5600.00 cad. So I call this Rick and told him it was fitted and the cost then he said he did say that Prime Time would paid anything towards the repair. It took several call to Rick before he finally said they would paid and that did $1960.00 us if I remember right which end up being about 60-40 split me being the 60 but the repair/dealership was great repair done perfect no more cracking around the screws. Next it was the plumbing connectors leaking and no winterizing kit installed. So I repaired the plumbing install winterizing kit snd replaced the shower head ( this one I did to save water and increase water pressure). Now the electrical had to replace several connectors and also replace wiring with a 4 gauge welding cable with proper connects made a proper ground and installed a battery disconnect. Now the battery charges properly. Now the China bombs have only 12000 km these and had to replace them. The fenders were all cracking around all the screw they replace them. I reinforced behind the fenders. Now the good points with the good tires this trailer pulls like a dream. The bedroom area is a good size easy to get around. Living area is a good size dining area is just ok a little as am 6’4” so it’s going to be tight lol. Kitchen area work really well. Over all I do like this trailer but they do need to step up the quality but all trailer manufacturers have the same problems. The trailers are build as cheap as possible to get maximum profit. So all in all if anyone can find a perfect trailer at a reasonable price that we don’t have to fix I think we would all buy one. Now the last word I have finally got my trailer to a point where I can enjoy it now with pulling out the tools to fix things. Also remember that all manufacturers have AWA so don’t take no or answer cause they can help you out in a reasonable time frame from new purchase.
- Brent, Alberta

2021-07-12 2020 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

We bought a crusader 5th wheel Model number 382MB H we've had it for about 7 months now and of had 5 camping trips in it and from day one we've had problems with the AC and on our last camping trip it started leaking from the ceiling as well as the other review I was just reading from the gentleman in Georgia it was poorly designed with the AC...we have had nothing but problems with this unit in the 7 months we have had it I totally agree that you pay that kind of money you should not have this many problems!!! I do understand that little things will go wrong, but this is just too many....Primetime needs to step up and fix the problems, I would not recommend this unit we want to get rid of it!!!
- Charlotte, Florida

2021-06-24 2021 Prime Time Crusader 382MBH View Listings

Bought brand new. Molding falling off faster than we can put back on, fascia fell off in transit. Water heater leaking in bunk room (husband had to fix). Awning lights stuck on and cannot extend or retract from inside. Contacted Corporate office and their response,"pay out of pocket and submit a claim?" Still under original warranty and we purchased EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT! For what? ZERO SUPPORT, ZERO SERVICE! I would highly recommend finding another manufacturer and NOT to purchase the Crusader 382MBH. Will never buy again!
- SUSAN LOYD, Florida

2021-06-23 2013 Prime Time Sanibel 3400 View Listings

This RV is beautiful! It was very well taken care and the kitchen was amazing. There was also plenty of storage all over this RV! We went to see this unit on a hot day and the unit remained very cool without the AC on. The owner was extremely informative and answered all our questions. We would have bought this one but decided to go a little bigger for our needs.
- Julie, Texas

2021-06-20 2020 Prime Time Crusader 297RSK View Listings

We bought our camper brand new at the end of January 2021. We’ve had several minor issues since we bought it, and I have fixed them myself. We are on our 5th camping trip since we bought it five months ago, and during a typical Georgia shower, water begins pouring from the ceiling. I am not happy right now. You don’t pay this kind of money to have such issues.
- Tim Daugherty, Georgia

2021-05-18 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3702WB View Listings

We just spent our first 4 nights living in our brand new 3702wb. Let's just say although it is very attractive to the eye there are many flaws on design and quality. Start 1st and most important! Wear a hard hat when walking around bedroom slideouts. I fixed this by applauding black pipe insulation tubes at edges. Now for the inside. Kitchen is attractive but highly difficult to work in. Only two outlets near counter one by sink. Totally useless if you need to plug in. And one by front of stove. Nothing under cabinets like my old 5th wheel. Wich would have been great when plugging in coffee maker or stand mixer. The two cabinets above counter are hard to access. Upper shelves are way too high. I purchased a step stool and I still have problems reaching things because of where they are placed. Cabinet above the fridge although roomy. Just can't reach. Now to fridge. Though it looks big I cannot figure out where 15qsf if space is. Don't think of putting a gallon of anything in it. Only one fruit/veg crisper. And two freezers. Why? Now to the overall outlet problem. There are not many. One by dining table. (And I will get to that issue) nothing by couches or bed. Although I did find one deep inside closet. Useless. Dining room table. Not sturdy at all. Wobbles enough to make using it a no go. And this is a design issue. Bathroom sink very cheap plastic with tiny faucet that makes washing hands difficult. No place to hang a towel or toilet paper. I bought a floor stand for that. Mattress is awful. I have added two mattress toppers just to get it almost comfortable. Slide out buttons placed just too close to light switches in hall and bedroom. Make sure you pay attention when turning on lights in the dark. We hat all the manuals in the nice packet but nothing on the RV itself. Just appliances. We have to live with it now. But would I buy this model if I really took an depth look at everything. No. I had to give one star to factory warranty and support. Even though we are still compiling a list to send them.
- michelle rupp, California

2021-04-01 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

I own one. Been a great fifth wheel. All warranty work necessary completed and Prime Time repainted front cap paint 1 year out of warranty. Full living space when sliders are out, multiple closet and dresser space.
- Gary Grell, Florida

2021-03-10 2021 Prime Time Crusader View Listings

Wife and I purchased this two months ago and just picked it up we found it odd that when we made an appointment to pick it up and when we did we had to wait 45 minutes for someone to help us and then we were didn't get the help we ask for so we took it home then we went over it again and found several bolts that hold the sidewalk on were sticking out by 3in and several screws missing that hold the fiberglass up underneath the 5th wheel king pin, the screen door would not close the latch had to be chimed out a 1/4inch, one side screen also had to be repaired. I live to far away to keep moving this unit back and forth for miner repairs so I fixed them just not happy with the cold shoulder treatment from general rv. Also other problems I'll have to live with
- Eldon burks, Michigan

2021-03-08 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3791 View Listings

We purchased our sanibel in 2018. traded in our smaller unit for what we thought was a much better unit well to say the least we were dead wrong. This is a huge piece of junk. Fireplace mantel fall out of wall. kitchen and shower faucet had to be replaced.The heater does not work.one of the air conditioners was not working because it have never been wired up.The battery completely fall out of the unit go down the road the tray was never bolted in place.The shower and bathroom door have falling out.the front of the unit peeled off and has to be refinished.Theres so much more but to top it all off now there are large stress cracks in the main body.me and my wife were looking so forward to traveling and its turned into nothing but a miserable experience.I can't understand how a company knowingly can put out such junk.
- Harry Kalustian, Texas

2020-12-24 2016 Prime Time Crusader 322RES View Listings

The Crusader 322RES was the perfect RV for my husband and myself. There was plenty of room inside, enough even when the grandkids showed up. The living room slide with its panoramic windows makes the experience of camping even better--you really feel like you are in the out doors. The RV is very well constructed and performed outstandingly. While we never lived it in full time, it would be a pleasure to experience.
- Judith, Missouri

2020-11-24 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I bought a one owner used 2014 Prime Time 295RST in October 2019 from General RV in Draper, Utah. I am actually very pleased with this purchase. The RV was in their shop and had full hookups at the time I did my final inspection. Their asking price was only slightly above the KBB price and I was able to negotiate to under slightly less. Afterward they replaced the 2014 manufacture year tires at no additional cost. I purchased the Andersen Ultimate hitch for towing, and when I showed up they installed the conversion on the king pin for me, at no cost. This RV was actually manufactured in late 2013, hence the 2014 model year. I had read that Prime Time, which was founded in 2009, had very good quality builds in the early years leading up to Forest River buying them out, and that quality has since declined. Our RV shows very good quality. Nothing separating, torn, or loose - inside or out. All of the 120v electrical outlets worked fine when tested. All of the running lights work fine. I did go through and replace everything with LED lights. All of the slides work properly and provide expansive space and storage. The automatic awning works well, but the fabric will need replacing at some point. I did an environmentally safe chlorine wash and used awning tape to repair some worn points. All propane tanks and connections work fine. All holding tanks work and drain well. All of the water and power hookups work well. I did a deep clean on the exterior grill which was heavily used (so we know this RV must have been well used) and it looked like new afterwards. The included mattress is comfortable and even more so after adding a 3" natural foam topper. The theater seating and fold out loveseat are both in great condition (almost like they were never used). The dining table and chairs are also in great condition. The stove, oven, microwave, sound bar and fireplace are all in great working condition. I did replace the TV with a smart TV. The stereo system and all interior/exterior speakers work. The water heater works great and provides hot water in about 30 minutes, it is aluminum so it doesn't need an anode. The toilet is porcelain and works well. The shower is adequately sized but there is no built in seat, so we bought a shower stool. All of the original window coverings are in like new condition and are day/night shades. The pass through storage is not as tall as some but very adequate for all our storage needs. The exterior looks like new, all except the decal at the top of the front end cap which is cracked and faded. That is a known issue but doesn't bother me enough to go have it painted, yet that is. The leaf springs are probably under rated for this 8700 lbs. dry weight 5th wheel. I noticed some sway when towing, so I took it to a shop and upgraded to 6-leaf springs with a 2" spacer block to raise the trailer about 3" total. This brought it closer in line with my Dodge 2500 that has a leveling kit. The auto-leveling system is questionable and will raise the tires off the ground while leveling. Not a real concern for me because I always manually level using the mode selections on the unit. The Dicor on the roof had some minor cracking so I resealed everything upon purchase. The roof covering was in excellent condition. There were no signs of any water leakage and there has been none since buying. The water pump went out after my purchase. It was working fine, then during a prep the next spring for a camping trip it quit. Purchased a newer and better pump but removing the old (and original pump) was a hassle because the pump is behind the pass through storage wall. And the water heater bypass and shutoff valves are behind the pump and even harder to reach. The Thermostat is not working correctly, as the AC never turns off at the desired temp setting. Not sure if the heat does the same. But both work fine when turned on. I do like the recessed ceiling vents and that the heat vents are all in the flooring. Not an issue this summer as most of our camping only required the vent fan or short periods of cooling/heating. I plan to replace it this coming spring. Our RV came with a frame welded tow hitch installed, and surmising that the previous owner was into towing I checked the frame and welds and found no issues. The underbelly covering was cut away where the hitch was welded, but I patched the cut out areas. The remainder of the underbelly skirt is in good condition. We have towed an Aluma trailer with Polaris touring ATV, weighing about 1300 lbs combined and have had no issues of any kind. I installed a battery cutoff switch at the positive lead before it goes into the camper wiring because the RV cutoff switch does not cutoff all power, such as the auto-jacks and bedroom stereo system. The original single battery box hung down below the front storage compartment through a cutout. I reconfigured with a dual battery box inside the compartment.
- Bob Jones, Utah

2020-11-01 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 38QB View Listings

My sister and I traveled full time in this 5th wheel. We love it. We found it pulls nicely with our 3500 RAM. We love the floor plan. Very roomy living area and we each have a bedroom. Have had some issues but Primetime worked with us to resolve those. We periodically tweak nuts, bolts and screws (due to thethe earthquake effect). We also have it serviced periodically. We would definitely recommend this unit.
- blthompson449, Colorado

2020-10-28 2016 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Very disappointed as this was my first new RV and from the first day I had problems. Rear lights wouldn't work due to an issue in the harness which the dealer did fix. The main dining slide would not go in and out smoothly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they found the whole slide was not square and so had to adjust to optimal position so it would at least work smoothly. Trim had to be fixed and reattached properly, around kitchen. The big issue is the floor in the dining slide was completely wet over half the slide and the floor was sagging and I had to strip out the floor and replace it. The design is such that water runs down the ends of the slide and wicks into the floor which is 3/4" chip board that I replaced with pressure treated plywood. I then sealed everything with silicon and new material under the slide. Luckily I am reasonably handy at this work so my only expense was the plywood. Overall very poor quality control or inspection obviously on the finished product before it leaves the shop. I called Prime Time and they would not go good for any repair work because it was too far out of the warranty period even though I have read numerous reviews with similar issues. The floor problem is a design and construction issue. From all the quality problems with these units I would say a class action would be warranted. Would not buy anything made by Prime Time again.
- John Bunyan, Nova Scotia

2020-10-15 2016 Prime Time Crusader 380MBH View Listings

Excellent RV, great customer support when I need to repair some items. Was able to call and get part numbers and then go to dealer and get the parts I needed. The floor plan is excellent, we have not had any issues with ours but normal maintenance has kept it in perfect shape. We love the Primetime Crusader. Every RV has its issues you just need to be willing to maintain it.
- Ryan Napalo, Mississippi

2020-09-24 2018 Prime Time Sanibel 3751 View Listings

I have a 2018 Sanibel 3751 and it has been a good camper. Any warranty issues were covered by Prime Time and had a few items also fixed by Prime Time beyond the warranty period. This camper would be great for full timers or that weekend/week/month trip.
- Gary Grell, Florida

2020-08-15 2018 Prime Time Sanibel View Listings

Buyer beware!!!! NEVER and I mean never buy a Forest River/ Prime Time. I bought mine brand new and had several Major issues within the first Month. I immediately let Blue dog RV in Las Vegas Nevada know about them. They referred me to the manufacturer, which happens to be Forest River. I dealt with a couple of people at the top management position. Terry Baughman, and Wendy ?. They bullied me, lied to me. And even told me to go ahead and email the owner of the company, Warren Buffett. I mean really!!!! What the........??? In short I’ve had this trailer right at 3 years. It’s been in the shop at the very least 2 out of the 3 years. Andy basically the company and the dealer could care less that their product is crap. By the way the major issues were the belly box flooding. The ceilings falling, and the biggest thing they can’t fix is the furnace. I say again NEVER purchase from them!!!!!
- Leanne, Nevada

2020-08-12 2021 Prime Time Sanibel 3102 View Listings

Bought a brand new piece of crap and i am discussed. The list is long for day three. Typical water leaks broken appliances,staples sticking out of the carpet. All the normal complaints "BUT I BOUGHT A UNIT WITH TWO A/C'S SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABIUT MY DOG BEING IN THE TRAILER AND WOULD BE SAFE. Well second day we left for a couple hours and both a/c's failed. My dog almost died and I'm passed. Junk junk junk junk junk do not buy prime time junk.....
- gunnforhire, Alaska

2020-06-30 2012 Prime Time Sanibel 3500 View Listings

This has been the best rv I have had Perfect a couple traveling around the county for long periods of time, The residential shower is awesome, the sleep number mattress is a must. I highly recommend taking a look at this well maintained and loved rv
- Roger Stuksa, Texas

2020-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Beautiful RV with luxury livability. Tons of storage and pulls extremely well! Love the solid rims and fiberglass exterior. The bathroom is great, shower and toilet are almost residential quality! The kitchen IS residential and very usable.
- Charles Tuttle, Texas

2020-06-16 2017 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I OWN A 2017 CRUSADER LOVE IT THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE TIRES THEY COME WITH. THE TIRES PEELED LIKE AN ORANGE AND EXPLODED WHILE LEAVING US ON THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE FOR 8 HRS. WITH A LOT OF DAMAGE. THE GOOD THING IS EVERYONE IS SAFE. PLEASE I PRAY YOU REPLACE THE FACTORY TIRES. THEY PUT CHEAP TIRES ON YOUR EXPENSIVE TRAILER AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE COST AND DANGER.
- jimmyvincent68, Louisiana

2020-06-03 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

Overall I would rate this camper at a 2. Lets start with the simple things. I was going to change the stereo so that I could add my media server to the camper and found that the speakers were not wired in stereo, but instead were serially wired. My rear speakers are tied together and my front speakers are wired together. The only speakers wired properly were the outdoor speakers. During the very first camping trip the trim above the pushout in the kitchen area came off and landed on the countertop while driving down the road. Two small 18 gauge nails were all that was holding a 12' piece of trim on. During the next camping trip the same trim in the bedroom came off and landed on the bed. I finally removed all trim pieces and reinstalled properly. During this trip we also noticed a water leak from the rear air conditioner. We took it back to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. During the next trip, it was leaking again. I climbed on the roof during a rainstorm and could see the lights inside of the camper through the AC housing. They had cut the hole too big and had not sealed all of the open holes in the air conditioner base. It was literally raining directly into the camper. I sealed all holes for both AC units during the next sunny day. No leaks since. 4 years into ownership and I have now re-installed all trims and seals around the push outs, they have all come off. I have replaced the floor under the dinette (they do not seal between the floor and the aluminum frame which allows water to enter at the seam and rot the floor). In addition they used very poor materials for the floor. I have replaced most of the plastic PEX fittings with metal and re-crimped because after about 1 year they all started to leak (I always use a regulator with gauge). In addition, I have removed the kitchen sink, resealed and reinstalled because it was falling down (wingnuts, really?). Twice I have had to climb on the roof of the camper and clean the thermostat connectors on the air conditioning units because they would not turn on. Whoever had the bright idea to put RJ phone connectors on the roof of a camper should be fired. We are dissatisfied with the heat in the unit. It is not balanced at all. Our bathroom will be 120 degrees while the living area will be 40 degrees. We recently installed new vents throughout the camper so that we can at least adjust the output airflow until I can get to the furnace and balance the output there. We recently had a blowout that destroyed a fender skirt, j-panel, and tore up the tarp like material above the tire well. Construction in this area is definitely poor, as if they never expected their Chinese tires to blow. My tires had just over 5K miles when this happened, and I had just checked pressures. Tire blew within 5 miles of my house. It was at this time that we discovered that our spare tire was a six lug rim, while the camper used 8 lug rims. Fortunately for us, the tire size was the same, and a person who stopped to help had a friend with a tire changer. I now carry a complete toolset with this camper to include a power drill, a driver drill, RV caulkings and caulking guns, and a complete PEX toolkit with fittings. You can buy a camper from Prime Time and Forest River if you want, but I never will again.
- Philip Hoffman, Virginia

2020-05-27 2017 Prime Time Sanibel 3751-C View Listings

Love that it can be lived in for long periods of time. Wish I could control the pump outs from inside. Love having a washer and dryer in the unit. Love having double sinks in the bathroom along with a full size shower.
- Meshell Sullivan, Florida

2020-05-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

The quality control at the factory is total junk! All screw heads holding it together are stripped. Can’t even cover nail holes worth a crap. TV backer spot in master bedroom was off by 6” based on sticker showing it. I had to rewrire the satellite/cable tv because they did wrong. 3 trips to dealer and paying for a mobile mechanic to fix the refrigerator. Will never recommend this manufacturer! At least have SOME pride in craftsmanship...
- Tyler Rogers, Oklahoma

2020-03-20 2018 Prime Time Crusader 340RST View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since we bought it. The rook leaks all the time. The stripping around the inside ceiling keeps coming off throughout the entire RV. The siding doors want stay on track and one of them broke 2 months after we bought it. I will never by another one. Wish I knew then what I know now. Read all the reviews before you buy one.
- Andrea Cater , Tennessee