Prime Time AVENGER Reviews on RV Insider (73)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Prime Time AVENGER RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Cav from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our little camper for 4 weeks, now normally we understand new campers have bugs that need to work out and they will spend their fair share in the shop at first, however with this camper the flaws are pretty major. The siding what not installed correctly and literally starting coming off the coach at a mear 60mph on our way home from a trip, to our surprise it was actually due to it not being installed all the way into its channel during installation, our graphics are already bubbling and coming off, the grey and black tank valves broke from the inside and now we can't drain them. Along with the furnace will not stay on the the microwave lasted 1 day. Ladies and gents - we only owned this camper for 4 weeks and camped in it a total of 4 days. Not to mention it is stored in a climate controlled warehouse... I am awaiting to hear from prime time as to how they are going to handle this lemon I'll keep you posted.
- M Cav, Florida

2020-12-01 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26RDS View Listings

My wife and I have purchased a 2020 avenger ATI from Campers Inn (Pittsburgh) Pennsylvania on 8-8-20, the sales department was extremely excellent, On 9-4-20 we went on our first trip, that's when it started to go bad,,,, Driver's side electrical wires burned off on the tires in transit, the floor buckled on the passenger side of the main floor sticking the passenger side slide out in , the inside paneling started to pop off between all the seams, and being able to cool down and really look over the inside noticed that most of the moldings never were completed,,, also the seals around the slide out were not fully attached (glue missing) with all that said called the sales department and still nothing being done, countless attempts to get trailer reimbursement, NOTE (WE PURCHASED A NEW TRAVEL TRAILER) not a rebuilt one,,,, both Campers INN, and Prime Time MFG. Not easy to talk to ,,,, My wife and I are now pushed to seek legal assistance 11-30-2020 So all I can say is to avoid the bright lights and the sales team and thoroughly look over (in depth) before you purchase a camper,,,
- Dean Nicholas, Pennsylvania

2020-11-15 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Prime Time Avenger 2019 bought brand new. Stay away from this manufacture. Also, do research on the place you are buying your RV from. Could be a double ding (sting)!! Only 1 propane tank worked...sill waiting for a new one (going on 9 months! WHY???) Seal around outside of slider started deteriorating after 5 months. Bedroom wall warped causing the door not to close properly. Bedroom door now warped from traveling. Going on 6 months for replacement. STILL WAITING! Black water reader broken, again! P-traps under both sinks separate while traveling. Relative easy fix but annoying. Wall paper is coming off. Recliner LED lights broken, replaced, broken again. Built in Stereo system is a joke. Stove will won't light. Asked 3x to fix. This is when I say...check every item on your repair list BEFORE you take it home from he shop!! And the list goes on and on! And the RV Center we bought it from NEVER call us with updates. I swear it would just sit in the shop for a year if I didn't make phone calls. Make sure you exhaust your 1 year warranty for repairs before it expires. Buy the extended warranty!!! Our next RV will be researched extensively BEFORE we buy.
- Cheryl Anderson, Washington

2020-10-08 2018 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I have a 2018 avenger, the worst rv ever made, since new it has needed a new AC, refrigerator and inverter. Now it needs $5000 in roof and molding repair. BEWARE!!!! Do not buy anything from this company, not even a tee shirt, it would fall apart.
- Dano Devine, Florida

2020-09-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Bought in July 2019. Used a weekend in August and September 2019. Used another weekend in June 2020. Getting ready for weekend in October Upstate NY.. Gonna be cold. I turned on heat. NO HEAT. Full gas tanks. Worked on day of walk thru when bought. Have not needed to use til now, Doesn't work. I'm told only had 1 year warranty. This is BS. Totally ridiculous
- John M., New Jersey

2020-09-02 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RBS View Listings

Bought new Forest River Prime Time Avenger 27RBS. Day 1 front running lights fell off. Month 1 first time we took it out entire slide out had been leaking and ruined everything on the slide out. Took it and had it repaired good for 2 months and slide out had leaked again by the 2nd time we took it out. Raised the antenna 2nd time out and had just bought a new foam mattress a month before and the antenna leaked all over the floor and mattress. Ruined mattress and bubbled up the floor. Found out when we took it back for repairs that the antenna was not covered under warranty b/c it was considered a roof leak. Also found out the antenna is only screwed to and mounted to roof membrane not to a solid surface Under roof membrane. 3rd time we took it out master bedroom window leaked all over floor and bubbled the floor up even more. Dealer fixed the window leak but not the floor from water damage. Said floor was not covered under warranty and to much work involved that FR would not pay for repairs. We also found out that the camper would probably continue to leak b/c FR spaced the studs to far apart and that the structural integrity was in dealer quote. The dealer told us the Avenger was just junk and that they stopped selling it until FR fixed the faults of the Avenger. The dealer has been great to work with and we understand they can't be held responsible for all of FR screwups. Called FR and they basically said not their problem at this point we had already owned it past what the warranty would cover. But it seems like to me the warranty was only for 2 or 3 months b/c after that time everything that happened wasn't covered. Now we are sitting here with a piece of leaking junk or floors that want to cave in. It seems like FR would want to make a decent product for happy customers but once to purchase an rv they give 2 flying flips about the customer. If we ever decide to purchase another rv it will not be a FR product.
- Wesley Hall, Georgia

2020-07-18 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 21RBS View Listings

Total piece of junk. Driving.home 1st day all clearance lights fell off . Get home 2 Jack's are stripped and water heater does not work. Water heater fix 3x. I converted to electric myself. Laminate fake wood falling off fridge fix 2x front of trailer leaked from day 1. I rebuilt b/c FR said tough Genersl RV said too bad. Drive stereo does not work any more No longer take for repairs as I can do better and FR does not honor any warranty. Never own a FR product again
- STEVELUTZ, Florida

2020-07-17 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

I bought this RV on 4/2020. I only had it for 3 months and the plumbing connection to gray tank broke causing water to drip on the underbelly which later tore off the frame, the trim on bedroom door frame came off, I guess not enough glue, I called manufacturer to give numbers of dealerships who do warranty work. I called all these numbers and I get the same feedback on how they get screwed doing warranty work and all I get is the run around. Till this day 7/16/2020 nothing has been done to repair it nor has anyone called me. I’m very upset and thinking of sending it back
- Roland Baladez, Texas

2020-06-29 2016 Prime Time Avenger 25TH View Listings

Not a good experience, Sofa bed fell off the wall in the middle of night while someone was asleep on it, Sink in bathroom leaked, faucets in cooking area got so loose they just wobbled, Retainers holding gas line are not tight and some were not even in place, already replaced all brakes and bearings, Cd player never had internal pin removed so had to pull it out after researching manual. Tape holding walls together not sticking, Awning LED strip smoked, yep I said smoked! Drawer slide fell down only stapled in place??? Front Propane tank mount only two scews used and they broke off, to this day I wonder why tanks did not bounce down the road? Over all a Piece of crap very poorly built. No I did not take it back because felt the ability to get repaired it was better off doing it myself !!!! Just walk away
- Charles Moore, Virginia

2020-06-22 2020 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Very spacious, beds are comfortable, plenty of sleeping space. Nice entertainment package, nice kitchen and cool features with light up backsplash and led knobs for oven, 50 inch tv, outside fridge and shower and stove.
- austin miller, Maryland

2020-06-12 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26DBSLE View Listings

Terrible manufacturing. This is really a piece of junk. Turned the shower on and the wall buckled, staples and tape came apart. The outside door has already been replaced and still do esnt work. The counter laminate wasn't cut precisely and there are gaps. Haven't even had it a year and Campers Inn in Kingston NH where it was bought does nothing but give us the run around. There excuse when they do respind was there busy, now it's we are trying to get someone from that area (white mountains) of NH to come take a look. They asked for pictures we sent them pictures, we've complied with all requests. It is crap. My conscious wouldn't allow me to try and sell it off to someone else. Shame on Prime time and Campers Inn.
- Bonnie Norton , New Hampshire

2020-06-04 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

DO NOT BUY!!! This trailer is a total piece of crap. We have had issues from the very first year with this unit. We had floor issues,(the outrig supports failed),had to fight to get that issue fixed and now have major water issues with our slides. Do not buy and support this manufacturer!!!!!
- Lori Burke, Newfoundland and Labrador

2020-05-31 2017 Prime Time Avenger 32QBI View Listings

*****Buyer Beware***** Purchased this 2017 Prime Time Avenger Brand New - it was delivered to the campground as we are seasonal campers and when we walked in - the floor was wet by the main slide. Contacted dealer right away and spoke with the service department and they had a tech in the campground who came up and rechaulked the area around the slides. We have had issues from day one with water coming in thru the main slide but only when the slide is in. Opened the trailer up in May 2018 - again found water - contact dealer again and was advised by service manager that there was a manufacturing defect and that they knew who to fix it. The remedy was to put a double seal on the slides. Did not work and we found this out the hard way. My wife put the slides in because we were getting high winds and because we were in a treed area at the campground. When we went back there was water everywhere which result in me having to put thru an insurance claim - damages totalled almost $ 20,000.00. Opened the camper in May 2020 and guess what - more water. The only reason why it didn't leak in 2019 as it spent the majority of the winter getting repaired. Reached out to the dealer that sold us this camper - they won't do anything. Reached out to the manufacturer - they won't do anything - stating my warranty expired. Explained that why should warranty matter when the issue has been present from the time we bought the camper. Now we have to put thru another insurance claim and the cost of trying to fix how the water is coming in falls back to us. We are not the only ones that have had an issue with water coming into the slides. Save yourselves the headaches and the expenses - don't buy.
- Brian Parrott, Nova Scotia

2020-05-24 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

Primetime manufacturing is extremely poor and they do not stand behind their quality. Upon receiving our RV we noticed the wall in the bunk house was bowed and the tape detached. They said that happens when traveling. When you walk on carpet in slide nails poke and puncture the bottom of your feet. The nails in ceiling have a yellow discoloration. They screwed the wood in so tight, they split the wood and didn’t repair. The screws on the outside kitchen were all broken and not repaired. In the master room the wall has little bumps coming out of the wall. The caulk job was very poor. It was like they were at the end of the caulk gun and left an 1/8th of an inch of caulk for about 2 ft. All insulation underneath the bottom of the front of the RV retained so much water that it started coming through the floor and rotting the walls on both sides near kitchen slide and living room side. There has been one thing after another since purchase. We have contacted them numerous times and are told it’s maintenance issues we failed to conduct.
- Bella Davis, Michigan

2020-05-15 2014 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26BB View Listings

This RV was easy to tow because it was lite weight. The kids loved the bunk beds & my husband and I lived the privacy given by the matching curtain decor. Storage was ample and accessible underneath in the trailer. The outdoor shower spiket prevented tracking dirt into the trailer. If I had to choose all over again. I would still pick the Avenger!
- Dahlia Thompson, Maryland

2020-03-21 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

It’s been a great travel trailer with no issues. Easy to tow and could live in it full time! I love the 50” TV and having the outdoor kitchen. With the slide out, the livable space is very roomy. Highly recommend.
- Jill Schroeder, Arizona

2020-03-13 2018 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

Went to pick it up after purchasing and was informed I needed to wait 2 days for the pdi to be done(should have been done while I was filling out papaerwork) I had already done the walkthrough and pointed out that the awning wasn't wired properly and they were supposed to fix that while I went home to get the truck. 2 weeks later it's still waiting on pdi, after a month I was allowed to pick it up. I have no clue what they inspected as it was dirty as hell trash in the cabinets(fast food bags, drink cups etc, etc, etc) keep in mind this was a new unit at the time first owner, I also notice the wall next to the fridge is short and the lighting behind the stove is crooked, oh and the awning was still wired backwards. Took it back waited 3 months, get it back and the speakers are now blown it is once more full of garbage and the black tank is so full of feces the shutter wouldn't close, cabinets gouged, doors missing and so on. The owner says it was lo led the entre time they had it and I must have filled the tank in the 12 hours it was at my house. 3 months later i pick it back up it is AGAIN TRASHED! And the outdoor kitchen is destroyed, it looked like they left the door open and hosed it. Now Alot of this is down to the dealer and uncaring repair staff, and as the sales people call her the dumb blonde b**** that runs parts, however the hot water heater quitting everytime I tried to use it that isn't, neither is the fact that the propane hoses leaked because of the way they bent them at the factory. I made my first 12 payments in the shop after the first one was made prior to re Irving it. And since it was out of warranty the bad kitchen faucet is on me to replace, and the fact that the wall in the cabinet on the left side of the bed looks like the wall leaks though I'm pretty it's more likely they used a bad price of wood. Oh gee and it took 9 months to get the black and grey tanks to read anything other then empty. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS HORRENDOUS COMPANY! I was told shortly after I pi led it up by forest river/primetime that the warranty starts the day it rolls off of their assembly line and ends as soon as it hits the dealers lot
- James Jones, Arkansas

2020-02-27 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 26RDS View Listings

Like others, first time out hot water tank doesn't work. Problem is we were 850 miles from home in the western Colorado mountains. I found a board in Montrose and replaced it myself and it worked ok. Tank manufacturer reimbursed me for the cost when we got home. Spent a month boondocking in the Uncompadre Nat'l Forest with no real issues. We replaced the uncomfortable couch with a Rec Pro double recliner and we are very happy with the unit. We store it under a carport which really adds to the life of the trailer.
- Stephen Selvidge, Oklahoma

2020-02-06 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

This camper was leaking from the slides at first and we fixed that, then the floors started rotting and appeared to be water damage even in the dry season. We have not found the leaks but the whole floor from front to back is mushy and gives way into a hole if you try to walk on it. Very dissatisfied with quality of this camper.
- netamom, Florida

2020-02-01 2020 Prime Time Avenger 26BH View Listings

We have owned our 26BH for a week. The only thing I can say is it pulls very easy. Lots of storage under the camper. Plenty of storage inside the camper. Large gray/black water dump handles. The only thing I can say negatively so far is the lack of a front porch light. It does have a nice bright led bar the length of the awning but it maybe too bright so a smaller amber porch light at the stairs would be better in my opinion when you don’t feel like blinding the neighbors. Some other things I have seen would be mark the 30 amp power cable when you have reached the end (my daughter kept trying to pull) but I will get some orange duck tape and mark the end so she will know not to pull more. Another, the awning is adjustable so that if it is down the door can scrape the awning and possibly rip the awning. mark the awning support arms so you know not to go pass this point or risk damaging the awning. No comments on the factory warranty no need yet. We look forward to many adventures in our Avenger.
- William Erwin, Georgia

2019-10-26 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

We have owned our avenger camper for about five years. I think this thing has been in the shop at least twice a year. The last time was for the A/C unit going out. I had the extended warranty but it only covers major appliances which the A/C is. It still cost me close to 400 dollars to change it out. It has been in the shop for water leaks and I still have a water leak in the same location. I will be putting it back in the shop as soon as I get back home. Also right about the time my one year bumper to bumper warranty expired I noticed the header beam over the slide out had shifted. The dealership quoted me a price of something like 1200 to 1500 to repair. I personally would not buy a prime time product again. I know our camper is not high end but if you pay over $20,000 for a product you would expect it to be quality and this camper is not. If you are in the market for a camper, choice wisely and read reviews. Just for the record, I am fairly aggressive when it comes to caring for our camper. I wash and condition the roof twice a year. I wash camper about every 3 moths regardless if we use it. I use black spray paint to touch up and rusty spot on under carriage areas. I was out tanks every time it goes out. I keep the A/C on during the summer to prevent high temps on inside of camper (We live in the south, it get hot). My wife and I are the only people to use the camper, our kids are grown. But regardless of the effort I still have put this thing in the shop a lot. Buyers be ware.
- The Smiths/read before buying, Louisiana

2019-10-20 2016 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

At first every thing seamed to be OK, but then every thing started coming apart. The first time we were setting up the Slide-out wouldn't go out all the way on the left side. You could stick your fingers between the seal and the wall at the bottom. There was a metal plate on the end of the bar attached to the outer wall that was bent. We took it to a dealer for repair figuring that it would be covered under the "Bumper to Bumper" extended warranty. The shop removed the gear bar with the bent plate off and straightened it out in a vice and re-installed it. The warranty company wouldn't cover the 4-1/2 Hour job because it was considered it an adjustment. That was not the end of it because when we we're setting up at our campground the metal plate bent again. So back to the same shop and they re-did the job. Well that still wasn't the end of the problem. We went to another campground about a hundred miles down the road and while setting up, the plate bent again, only worse. Now it's pushing out the plastic fender skirting. I thing the next step is to take it to another shop and see if they can get a replacement Bar or weld a heavier plate on so it doesn't bend again. Obviously the brackets were under engineered. But it gets worse! a good share of the paneling is coming loose throughout the trailer. It's put up with little staples like you would use to fasten insulation to the walls of a house. the floor on the slide-out is sagging like there are no floor stringers under it. There is no way you can sit on a chair and eat on the table as the table and the chairs would tip over. It looks like the bottom of a small fishing boat. The supposed new roof leaks when the air conditioner is running. one of these days the ceiling is going to be laying on the floor. Next is the furnace won't work. The problems keep mounting up.I could go on for a day.
- David, Texas

2019-10-05 2019 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27RKS View Listings

To start off... went to put stuff in the door of the freezer and found a bottle of blue toilet stuff on the drawer. (Really??? Why wasn’t this in the bathroom????)The freezer has the odor of the toilet cleaner. Had baking soda in it to no avail. Food had to be tossed due to absorbing the smell and probably taste 😡. Can’t use the freezer. I’ve pulled 2 Wildwoods for over 10 years, so I know how to pull a camper. Dealership hooked the weight distribution and sway bar up. Drove it 30 miles on a state road to a campground with a little sway. Left the campground for home. Next trip, got on the interstate and a tractor, with no trailer, passed and about turned the Rv over. My husband was driving behind me and said he was scared I wasn’t going to be able to control it. By the grace of God, I did. It’s the most scared I’ve ever been. Next day, My husband left for work so I was alone. Tried to leave the camper in the afternoon and found I was locked in and couldn’t get out even though I had not locked the door. Was trying so hard to open the door the camper was rocking. It would not open. Called the dealer and told them. Told them everything wrong and could I return the camper. They didn’t call me back. Husband didn’t understand how I could get locked in and not get out till we came back from town the next day, and couldn’t get in. The door was stuck again!! Apparently, when the sun is on the camper, it swells and the screw heads stick out too far to release the door. He pushed and pulled and so did my son-in-law. This is a safety issue all around. Forest River also manufactures the wildwood... sure is a major difference in these two. Avenger needs to be removed from the market. It is a safety issue.
- Joyce Cassin, Kentucky

2019-09-29 2017 Prime Time Avenger ATI 27DBS View Listings

Purchased this RV in early 2018 and it’s been wonderful. We take it to the coast for spring break and leave it down there until school starts. We use it as our “beach house” for summer vacations. This past summer we took 9 trips to the coast and always had a trailer full of kids. The large beds are real accommodating when you have a bunch of teenagers staying with you. The large slide-out makes for a spacious living area and the 50” built in TV and entertainment center makes you feel at home. Only thing I don’t like about this model is the small tub/shower combo. Being 6’4”, I have to watch hitting my head on the ceiling so a shower would be better. This trailer pulls very well. I pull it with a 2015 F-150 with the V6 EcoBoost motor and have no problems running the speed limit on the interstate. Would highly recommend this trailer.
- Richard Thorman, Texas

2019-09-07 2016 Prime Time Avenger 28DBS View Listings

We have had problems with this RV since day one! It started with the recliner, awning, furnace, hot water heater, and multiple severe leaks. We would NOT recommend a Prime Time Manufacturing product to anyone!!
- Thomas Williamson , Florida