Palomino Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (77)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-10-16 2019 Palomino Puma 26FKDS View Listings

Bought this POS in August 2019. In 14 months it has been in the shop almost half the time. Problems range from power converter to EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL, a gap in the roof, hot water heater issues, stereo, window seals, broken cabinet doors. This is my 4th camper in 24 years and the absolute WORST PIECE OF CRAP of all 4. I WILL NEVER, EVER BUY ANOTHER Forest River product for the rest of my LIFE. Bret Sharp
- Bret Sharp, Arkansas

2020-10-13 2020 Palomino Puma 28BHSS View Listings

I bought this trailer October 2019 after our first trailer was flooded due to a cracked skylight. First thing to go was the wall panels turning yellow. It took me 6 months for Forest River to get it and rebuild it from the original frame up. 52 days later I had to have a new roof put on it. Then the pantry flooded. Now I call Forest River this morning to let them know the ceiling is soaked and wet. My warranty guy advises me that he's been instructed by his boss not to have any conversations or correspondence with me. So what's the problem here. He only says, please don't put me in that position and hung up on me. Please, if you are looking to buy an RV do not buy any Forest River products. Today I have found a different RV to purchase. And I will be no longer dealing with Forest River.
- Robert Allen, Michigan

2020-09-27 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 30DBSC View Listings

Notice to new trailer buyers. #forestriverrv #forestriver We bought a brand new, Forest River, Palomino PUMA, model 30-DBSC, travel trailer in Sept of 2018. Just 2 years ago. I would be very careful about purchasing from this manufacturer again. Today we we were going to clean the roof. Jay got up there and noticed both of the roof vents have cracks in them. He went to one, brushed his hand over it, and the plastic crumbled under his fingers. It is super brittle. The whole thing. It's not like we are in Arizona in super hot sun. We are in Washington state. I can see this happening maybe 15 years after purchase but 2? It is quite obvious that the plastic used on the vents is not UV resistant. We have also had problems with the trim around our slide out coming off when we pull out the slide out. We have also had problems with the door handles coming out when we use the doors. The wallpaper is bubbling on the wall in the kitchen. Don't buy a Puma.
- Jay Schober, Washington

2020-09-25 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We purchased this Camper one week ago today! Had a major tire blow out on the way home. Sat on the side of the road for an hour waiting for help. Once we made it home we went to set it up and open the slide only to find out the battery was completely dead. Today we load everything to head out for our first camping weekend only to have the brakes lock up and catch fire. My husband had to put the fire out with the extinguisher that is before the fire department arrived!! The camper is a 2019 but we are the first time owners. I pray all the issues get worked out very soon and we did not make the wrong decision with this purchase. Oh and we can't get the dealership to respond to my messages or texts. :)
- Lynn Jacques, Alabama

2020-09-07 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

Owned this RV for 3 weeks and it has no issues. Everything works. Fit and finish was good. Nice layout. Can use the back bunkhouse area as an office. Like the light color interior. Like the power stabilizers.
- Pauldleonard, Michigan

2020-09-05 2019 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 251RBSS View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 Solaire 251RBSS camper for $21,000. First camping experience was that city water connection leaked water all over front storage compartment. All other systems worked perfectly first time out. Did not come with TV, had to buy our own. No leaks, easy to drive, easy to clean, clean interior, plenty of sleeping capacity, enjoy the rotating TV panel for LR or BR access. Easy to winterize, love staircase into camper. Undercarriage neat and clean, storage capacity OK, LOVE outdoor kitchen and ladder to roof. Ceiling vents not great, windows don't close all the way without considerable effort. A/C works well, stove and fridge(s) work well, mattress hard as a rock without foam pad. Limited storage inside cabin, nice flooring, sofa OK but would prefer reclining chairs. Stereo works fine but can't turn it completely off to limit battery drain. Nice ceiling led lights. Shower is fine, great linen closet. Love the porcelain head. Vanity very small. Awning fine but don't keep it out in strong winds or rain. All-in-all I would rate this camper 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.
- bromej, Wisconsin

2020-08-03 2019 Palomino Solaire 205SS View Listings

Tows great, upgraded mattress makes it sleeps great. AC works great. Large refrigerator that keeps food very cold. Plenty of room on couch. TV and stereo work good also. Central heat and air make it very comfortable.
- Gary Nelson, West Virginia

2020-07-23 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

I really like the layout of two rooms, the swivel TV, and two kitchens. I dont care for the size of the bathroom not much room to move around in or change your clothes in there. It tows really nice for a 34ft trailer and space in the main living area is really nice and big. It really feels well built and seems easy to work on so far.
- Mark, Utah

2020-07-20 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

I have owned this camper for 5 months. Bought it brand new! I was super excited! I had it at the house for 2 days then took it back to the dealer. While I was cleaning I noticed lots of things wrong. The biggest one at the time was the face frame of the kitchen cabinets were constructed of rotten wood. Got it fixed along with about 10 other smaller things. Then I noticed the back of the camper is de-laminating and the roof leaking in the center of the trailer. These are now much larger defects. Now we have an electrical short in the camper somewhere; touch the frame and get shocked! I really hate this camper. I have written 2 reviews in my life. The first one was a company in Alaska that took me fishing and was fabulous (so happy that I couldn't write enough great things). Then this one: I really hate this camper! The list of things wrong with this camper is extensive and growing; I would need more than the 5000 characters. The warranty from Palamino blames the dealer and the dealer says we can only fall back on the warranty. I really just want Palamino to buy back this lemon of a camper back so I can get back to enjoying camping with a quality camper. I have cancelled reservations because I don't trust this camper. For a first time brand new camper buyer this has been disappointing and a very sad experience.
- Terri Hinton, Michigan

2020-05-25 2011 Palomino Puma PT1 View Listings

This is a great first or family camper. Easy to pull and set up. Lots of extras. Nothing but the best. Bunks and queen bed. Shower and tub combo. Tows so well. SUV is all you need. Electric jack and awning. Upgraded blinds. This is the one.
- Thiel Cynthia, Ohio

2020-05-19 2020 Palomino Puma Destination 37PFL View Listings

Totally junk had a list of 30 legitimate problems from burnt and melted wires to dryer and stove vent doors chalked closed, no air flow out of heater vents, something with heater not connected and melted plumbing under floor went back to factory said over half my list those items were fine,well guess what was gone for over 3 weeks and came back with 28 of the same problems, puma is made by forest river, never ever by anything made by them traded in a beautiful 2018 camper,and got this piece of s**t dealer and factory work good guy bad guy so don't believe either one,getting attorney to handle it now,it's not about the money it's about the lies and to help other people not to buy a forest river product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- John smith, Florida

2020-04-26 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

This RV is perfect! We searched for the best layout for our family of 5, and this was a great fit for us! Very roomy and comfortable. No problems pulling this trailer and the set-up is easy and quick. I would highly recommend this travel trailer! Great family travel trailer at a very reasonable price point! It is a home away from home with all of the amenities you would expect from a hotel!
- Cheryl Matchett, Florida

2020-02-28 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

RV had nothing but problems from day 2. Laundry room (no washer or dryer installed). Leaking had repairman out 4 times, galley sink faucet replaced 2 times leak repair 4 times. Facade tape peeling off all wood, refridgerator floor collapsed, pull out roof leaking, tv mount came off and shattered tv, drawer bottoms falling out , screw in wood placed but went to nowhere,and topper was fresh water tank falling off bottom of trailer on interstate 10 in Louisiana. ALL IN FIRST 80 DAYS OF OWNERSHIP!!! factory took possession will have it returned after a month or so.. dealer will take back or trade at used sale price. Or equal value of used sale price. We are out lodging, lost perishables, rental trailer ( to place all our belongings and then storage to place it while awaiting return.) Over all disappointed over whole experience to say least. We no longer feel safe in this vehicle. We paid cash brand new and will most likely get screwed and take loss if we trade in.. shaking my head.
- Em, Idaho

2020-02-13 2020 Palomino Puma Destination 37PFL View Listings

The major problem is the floor. The stability and quality leaves a lot to be desired when seating in the recliner you can feel someone move in the bedroom. If you walk on the slide out you can feel it move the dealership had the sugustion to tie it down like you would a mobile home
- Ray Palmer, Texas

2020-02-12 2017 Palomino Real-Lite 17BS View Listings

This is a great rig. My wife and I have enjoyed the layout and maneuverability. We are selling it because we are not able to camp any longer due to health issues. We have added some extras to the rig, such as roof vent covers, extra storage, we also have a transferable 4 year warranty.
- Luther Hanna , Colorado

2020-02-03 2020 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

The dealer was great. But the quality of the trailer was thrown together. I gave up a top quality spree for this. Totally unhappy. Now I'm stuck with this. Please check out the trailer well before you purchase.
- Kim Harris , Alabama

2020-01-29 2014 Palomino Puma 259RBSS View Listings

Overall a good entry level camper. Never had an issue with any appliances, ac, heater or water heater. No leaks. Although we store in a carport and inspect roof often. Had to adjust slide a couple of times. Well build unit. Towed about 2500 miles per year on about 7 annual trips. Just sold to upgrade to newer camper. Going to smooth siding instead of metal siding which is always dirty and hard to clean. Had to raise camper 2 inches to fit with out 2500 Ram 4x4.
- John , Georgia

2020-01-20 2019 Palomino Puma 31QBBH View Listings

THE BAD - Roof leaked before first road trip. Shower leaked first time used. Low point drain valve leaked profusely first time out. Refrigerator would not cool down below 40 degrees. Main slide out bottom wooden frame support was broken in two places. After careful examination of the outer shell found silicon smeared all over the camper. Overall very disappointing purchase, seems that quality is way down on the list. It could be we just happen to get a LEMON. THE GOOD - Pulls pretty good. Nice living floor plan. Love the spacious shower.
- Sidney Fee, Kentucky

2020-01-14 2020 Palomino Puma 32BHDB View Listings

This model is spacious but could use more cabinet space in the kitchen. The floors are nice and sturdy no soft spots or sagging. The bedrooms are very spacious for a travel trailer. The bunks are perfect for kids or even adults. Some of the workmanship could use some fine tuning. There was lots of leftover sawdust in the heater floor vents and in the cabinet corners. Some of the cabinet screws were loose and the shower wasn't caulked very well so there was a leak initially. But overall for the money it's a good trailer and I would recommend especially if you have kids.
- Tonya R, Kentucky

2019-12-29 2019 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

Very cheaply made and unreliable. A/C and Frig went out within 6 mos. Gutters had dip in middle on both sides. Huge gash in the undercover at rear. Slide outs not level. Filthy from factory at pick up. Don't make my mistake and trust anyone. Check everything over twice before accepting it. Still, don't plan on using it much the first year for camping. Make sure you live close to the dealer and have ample time to take it back and forth many times. I read a post about the factory blaming the dealer and vise versa. That is true to my experience. Neither care about you after they have the sale.
- K Sossoman, North Carolina

2019-12-03 2016 Palomino Real-Lite 177BH View Listings

It's easy to tow, easy to live in, a great trailer for small family of 1 to 5 people. I like the windows and the shades, easy to use and lots of privacy. It has everything you need for a short vacation or long stay.
- FC, California

2019-10-19 2011 Palomino Thoroughbred T245 View Listings

We love this travel trailer. Just decided to upgrade a bit. We have enjoyed this camper for 8 years. The camper has rested on a concrete slab since day one. The bathroom is large with tons of storage.
- Holly Broughton, North Carolina

2019-10-18 2018 Palomino SolAire 316RLTS View Listings

This RV has had nothing but problems. The air conditioner has been worked on 5 times in 2 years. The fuses are constantly blowing out and then you have to figure out which one. Last time the slide had a bad fuse and it blocked the fuse box....bad design not even up to national standards. Every time we use this RV we have to have it worked on. We just want to sell the thing. This has to be the worst RV we ever owned.
- Gregg Snyder, Texas

2019-10-16 2018 Palomino Solaire 269BHDSK View Listings

The design,layout, and appearance are good and catch your interest. That being said, once you invest your money buying one, you begin to have second thoughts. I have found out that cheaper than cheap materials were used in its construction. Adding to this, I get the impression that whoever built it, was either inexperienced, did not have pride in his/her work, or was to eager to finish and leave for the weekend to do whatever he/she does on weekends. To my standards, the work done is trash, damaging to the unit's components, and with complete disregard to doing it right. I would place the unit's builders as demolition workers rather than carpenters. The first time that I used it, its electrical system failed miserably. It was serviced at the dealership (whose work and attention to detail left a whole lot to be desired) and fixed?. The second time that I took it (present time) for a trip, I find there is a leak on its plumbing. I mean, common, The first time I used it was for one week and it failed. The second time (present time 10/14/19) it has a fresh water leak. If I was given a choice of choosing among different manufacturers, this would never again be my choice. Potential buyers beware, invest your money with another manufacturer.
- Gerardo E. Garcia, Texas