Palomino Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2021-05-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

The craftsmanship is horrible. The pluming lines are very cheap and every line has busted within the past yr. and we have had to replace all seals. The glass stove top exploded causing burns ! “Manufacturers error” I was told. The large plastic piece over wheels has cracked and broken . The rubber seal is cracked outside and is falling off The wallpaper covering walls and cabinets has bubbled and peeling and this Rv is only a yr old. I am just so suprised that things are so cheaply made. I can’t sell this Rv without fixing these cosmetic things. IN HINDSIGHT I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PUMA
- Glenda Draper, Tennessee

2021-04-18 2020 Palomino Solaire View Listings

Bought brand new, ceiling leaks, both sides of master bedroom. Main door was warped right from day 1, rubber seal under main slide out came completely loose and is allowing water to enter on the floor. I would never recommend this brand or model to anyone!! Took it back for warranty work to be done Dec 2nd, got trailer back April 17th, nothing fixed. Have to return it to dealers again in October. We are very disappointed and upset with Forest River.
- Christy Haven, Michigan

2021-04-08 2011 Palomino Stampede S-238 View Listings

I love the Hybrid style of this camper. The slide out gives plenty of room to move around. The oven and cook top have only been used once, since we mostly cooked outside. The shower works very well. My husband and I have had no issues with this camper.
- Colleen Davidson, Texas

2021-03-04 2020 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

We have this very same rv. It’s nice to look at and stay a couple nights in but it’s not worth living in. It’s poorly put together, lots and lots of sawdust everywhere that’s been hidden by pieces of “wall” the water heater is too small, runs out of water before you even get your hair washed out. The DVD player don’t work in any of them according to the dealer... wayyyy over priced. We have a washer and dryer in ours and custom skirting, which costs dearly but does zero for resale value.
- Trenton, Utah

2021-02-11 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

I live in my RV full time One adult only Since day one of October 2019 Have had major issues Would I buy this brand again No !The factory person has been very helpful and addressed the issues Had major leaks from the roof,water heater,an bathtub first week .The oven never worked part needed replaced The fireplace heater stopped working a week after moving in The water faucet in kitchen trickled had to be replaced Wash machine shakes the RV beyond reason Placing a 30lb weight on top of dryer helps Bought weatherized that's a joke !!Underside is enclosed In winter will run two ceramic heaters The furnace have used twice Seems to work but uses too much propane Outside storage door the lock never worked If shut tight need a wrench to open Now the the storage under the bed the frame will not stay up The floor has bubbles where it is lifting .And the trim work around doors walls is coming off The fan above the stove worked for a week than stopped Really has not been a good experience Must say the factory person was more than helpful an has reimbursed me for the cost
- Patsy, Washington

2021-02-02 2012 Palomino Palomino Ultra-Lite T268 View Listings

Easy to tow and set up. Love all the outside features such as outside kitchen with refrigerator, sink and 3 burner stove, outside butane grill, outside shower and easy hook up for TV outside. Kitchen table can be moved around as needed. Bathroom area is huge with lots of storage.
- Sherri, Texas

2021-01-04 2011 Palomino Puma 29F View Listings

This has been a great camper for us. It sleeps 4 people with no problem. It can sleep more but we don't like to use the kitchen table for a bed. It has a queen bed and a twin bed above the queen. The couch folds out to sleep one person really well and 2 if you want to sleep 2. We sleep better in this camper then we do at home. It is very livable. It's easy to tow and everything works. Has a tub / shower with an upgraded shower head. Sink area. Lots of storage and an oven and microwave. We just had several things added or improved: 4 new tires, New electric awning and a new awning Electric jack All new day / night blinds just installed Clean and ready to go down the road. Can pull this camper with a SUV or small truck. You won't be disappointed.
- cyndi thiel, Ohio

2020-12-18 2021 Palomino Puma 39DBT View Listings

The quality is very poor my trimming falling apart my door frame for washer and dryer coming off. door won't close if you looking for destination trailer do a good search see reviews first before buying a junk. For the money i paid i am very disappointed on what i got this's my first trailer and now i understand what i got to look for next time. I got this one back in August and i am thinking in selling it to get something much better for the money.
- Arnaldo Torres, Florida

2020-12-01 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

My wife and I began shopping for campers...had a great sales person from gander camping.. Heard lots of bad things but I myself being retired mechanic and restore boats for a living found the camper to be of great quality...I looked at the door hinges, the walls and paneling, as I am a handyman I found the puma to be built well, definately worth my 35 grand!! Wide floor plan with lots of room, very pretty camper!
- Jim C, Ohio

2020-11-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

Great experience with salesman at the Dealership - no problems so far so I have no idea what to expect since I bought the trailer a long way from home. Hopefully, since this is my first ever trailer, I will have a long, happy relationship with "Ms. Kitty" - so far I am happy, happy, happy!
- Sharon, Texas

2020-10-25 2020 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 249RBS View Listings

I bought this Trailer because I loved the floor plan and the tank sizes, but found out that the quality control and workmanship are terrible. I had the back wall in the bathbroom seperating from the cabinets as well as the wall by the refridgerator. The service department fixed it under warenty which was great. My first trip the shower leaked all over the bathroom because the drain wasn't tightened. It looked fine until you stood in the basin and seen a small gap which water ran out of. There were plenty of small things that need fixed through out as well. I was getting hot in the summer and cold in the fall and couldn't seem to figure out why. The front window radiates hot as well as cold terribly, wish I had a insulating pillow to put in there. I had taken off the shroud around the window to see why it was so cold. There was no insulation in the nose of the trailer. There was a little bit of Reflectix that didn't even cover a quarter of it, it was just fiberglass shell and thin paneling. I am having to run the heater a lot which burns through propane quickly. I am very unhappy with this trailer and if I had a chance to start over I'd go with a different one. Would not recommend this to anyone and if this is the quality of Forest River products I wouls suggest going with a different company all together.
- DarRick Pennington, Idaho

2020-10-22 2019 Palomino Puma 25RKSS View Listings

First time out the outdoor speakers blew out with just low volume on the radio. The carbon monoxide detector goes off when the water heater ignites. The electric jacks blow the fuses nearly every time we lower them. We had the dealer fix the trim inside around the doors, but now it's curling up again. The shower pan has a ten inch long crack in it, after only a half dozen uses. The toilet leaked the first time out. The outer trim around the screw channels is peeling off. The DVD player stopped working the fourth time we went camping. We bought this trailer brand new, to replace a 20 year old one that had much less wrong with it than this. We've been getting the run around from the dealer, I suppose if they stall long enough the warranty will expire. We'll never buy another Forest River product again and we are forewarning people: Be wary of ANY new trailers manufactured in the last 5 years. Our dealings with other Forest River owners who have had nothing but problems with their new Forest Rivers has shown us that most of these "budget" trailers (I don't see how $30,000.00 is considered a "budget" trailer) are hastily built, sometimes not even cleaned or completed when they reach the dealership and most have nothing but hassles when dealing with dealers. We are in the works with a "Lemon Law" attorney, but it is a long slow process and we still are paying $250 a month for a trailer we can't use. We're not party-hardy kids, we're in our 50s and wanted something to travel around the country with, we've had this junker out less than a dozen times and less than 300 miles on it and already the trailer is falling apart like a 30 year old one with thousands of miles on it. Never Forest River, Ever Again.
- John Ross, Nevada

2020-10-16 2019 Palomino Puma 26FKDS View Listings

Bought this POS in August 2019. In 14 months it has been in the shop almost half the time. Problems range from power converter to EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL, a gap in the roof, hot water heater issues, stereo, window seals, broken cabinet doors. This is my 4th camper in 24 years and the absolute WORST PIECE OF CRAP of all 4. I WILL NEVER, EVER BUY ANOTHER Forest River product for the rest of my LIFE. Bret Sharp
- Bret Sharp, Arkansas

2020-10-13 2020 Palomino Puma 28BHSS View Listings

I bought this trailer October 2019 after our first trailer was flooded due to a cracked skylight. First thing to go was the wall panels turning yellow. It took me 6 months for Forest River to get it and rebuild it from the original frame up. 52 days later I had to have a new roof put on it. Then the pantry flooded. Now I call Forest River this morning to let them know the ceiling is soaked and wet. My warranty guy advises me that he's been instructed by his boss not to have any conversations or correspondence with me. So what's the problem here. He only says, please don't put me in that position and hung up on me. Please, if you are looking to buy an RV do not buy any Forest River products. Today I have found a different RV to purchase. And I will be no longer dealing with Forest River.
- Robert Allen, Michigan

2020-09-27 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 30DBSC View Listings

Notice to new trailer buyers. #forestriverrv #forestriver We bought a brand new, Forest River, Palomino PUMA, model 30-DBSC, travel trailer in Sept of 2018. Just 2 years ago. I would be very careful about purchasing from this manufacturer again. Today we we were going to clean the roof. Jay got up there and noticed both of the roof vents have cracks in them. He went to one, brushed his hand over it, and the plastic crumbled under his fingers. It is super brittle. The whole thing. It's not like we are in Arizona in super hot sun. We are in Washington state. I can see this happening maybe 15 years after purchase but 2? It is quite obvious that the plastic used on the vents is not UV resistant. We have also had problems with the trim around our slide out coming off when we pull out the slide out. We have also had problems with the door handles coming out when we use the doors. The wallpaper is bubbling on the wall in the kitchen. Don't buy a Puma.
- Jay Schober, Washington

2020-09-25 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We purchased this Camper one week ago today! Had a major tire blow out on the way home. Sat on the side of the road for an hour waiting for help. Once we made it home we went to set it up and open the slide only to find out the battery was completely dead. Today we load everything to head out for our first camping weekend only to have the brakes lock up and catch fire. My husband had to put the fire out with the extinguisher that is before the fire department arrived!! The camper is a 2019 but we are the first time owners. I pray all the issues get worked out very soon and we did not make the wrong decision with this purchase. Oh and we can't get the dealership to respond to my messages or texts. :)
- Lynn Jacques, Alabama

2020-09-07 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

Owned this RV for 3 weeks and it has no issues. Everything works. Fit and finish was good. Nice layout. Can use the back bunkhouse area as an office. Like the light color interior. Like the power stabilizers.
- Pauldleonard, Michigan

2020-09-05 2019 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 251RBSS View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 Solaire 251RBSS camper for $21,000. First camping experience was that city water connection leaked water all over front storage compartment. All other systems worked perfectly first time out. Did not come with TV, had to buy our own. No leaks, easy to drive, easy to clean, clean interior, plenty of sleeping capacity, enjoy the rotating TV panel for LR or BR access. Easy to winterize, love staircase into camper. Undercarriage neat and clean, storage capacity OK, LOVE outdoor kitchen and ladder to roof. Ceiling vents not great, windows don't close all the way without considerable effort. A/C works well, stove and fridge(s) work well, mattress hard as a rock without foam pad. Limited storage inside cabin, nice flooring, sofa OK but would prefer reclining chairs. Stereo works fine but can't turn it completely off to limit battery drain. Nice ceiling led lights. Shower is fine, great linen closet. Love the porcelain head. Vanity very small. Awning fine but don't keep it out in strong winds or rain. All-in-all I would rate this camper 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.
- bromej, Wisconsin

2020-08-03 2019 Palomino Solaire 205SS View Listings

Tows great, upgraded mattress makes it sleeps great. AC works great. Large refrigerator that keeps food very cold. Plenty of room on couch. TV and stereo work good also. Central heat and air make it very comfortable.
- Gary Nelson, West Virginia

2020-07-23 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

I really like the layout of two rooms, the swivel TV, and two kitchens. I dont care for the size of the bathroom not much room to move around in or change your clothes in there. It tows really nice for a 34ft trailer and space in the main living area is really nice and big. It really feels well built and seems easy to work on so far.
- Mark, Utah

2020-07-20 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

I have owned this camper for 5 months. Bought it brand new! I was super excited! I had it at the house for 2 days then took it back to the dealer. While I was cleaning I noticed lots of things wrong. The biggest one at the time was the face frame of the kitchen cabinets were constructed of rotten wood. Got it fixed along with about 10 other smaller things. Then I noticed the back of the camper is de-laminating and the roof leaking in the center of the trailer. These are now much larger defects. Now we have an electrical short in the camper somewhere; touch the frame and get shocked! I really hate this camper. I have written 2 reviews in my life. The first one was a company in Alaska that took me fishing and was fabulous (so happy that I couldn't write enough great things). Then this one: I really hate this camper! The list of things wrong with this camper is extensive and growing; I would need more than the 5000 characters. The warranty from Palamino blames the dealer and the dealer says we can only fall back on the warranty. I really just want Palamino to buy back this lemon of a camper back so I can get back to enjoying camping with a quality camper. I have cancelled reservations because I don't trust this camper. For a first time brand new camper buyer this has been disappointing and a very sad experience.
- Terri Hinton, Michigan

2020-05-25 2011 Palomino Puma PT1 View Listings

This is a great first or family camper. Easy to pull and set up. Lots of extras. Nothing but the best. Bunks and queen bed. Shower and tub combo. Tows so well. SUV is all you need. Electric jack and awning. Upgraded blinds. This is the one.
- Thiel Cynthia, Ohio

2020-05-19 2020 Palomino Puma Destination 37PFL View Listings

Totally junk had a list of 30 legitimate problems from burnt and melted wires to dryer and stove vent doors chalked closed, no air flow out of heater vents, something with heater not connected and melted plumbing under floor went back to factory said over half my list those items were fine,well guess what was gone for over 3 weeks and came back with 28 of the same problems, puma is made by forest river, never ever by anything made by them traded in a beautiful 2018 camper,and got this piece of s**t dealer and factory work good guy bad guy so don't believe either one,getting attorney to handle it now,it's not about the money it's about the lies and to help other people not to buy a forest river product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- John smith, Florida

2020-04-26 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

This RV is perfect! We searched for the best layout for our family of 5, and this was a great fit for us! Very roomy and comfortable. No problems pulling this trailer and the set-up is easy and quick. I would highly recommend this travel trailer! Great family travel trailer at a very reasonable price point! It is a home away from home with all of the amenities you would expect from a hotel!
- Cheryl Matchett, Florida