Palomino Solaire RVs Reviews (17)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino Solaire RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Ron Erickson from Ontario says:

Have you owned any Palomino Solaire RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino SolAire 147X View Listings

Previously owned 2011 Palomio upgraded to this model.POOR LAYOUT. 5 yrs Ultra Lite travel across Western Canada & Northern USA. We rate this model #1. Easy to Pull. Fantastic layout. High ceiling. Attractive detailing. Fully loaded. Limited storage. Pull with Toyota Venza
- Ron Erickson, Ontario

2019-10-18 2018 Palomino SolAire 316RLTS View Listings

This RV has had nothing but problems. The air conditioner has been worked on 5 times in 2 years. The fuses are constantly blowing out and then you have to figure out which one. Last time the slide had a bad fuse and it blocked the fuse box....bad design not even up to national standards. Every time we use this RV we have to have it worked on. We just want to sell the thing. This has to be the worst RV we ever owned.
- Gregg Snyder, Texas

2019-10-16 2018 Palomino Solaire 269BHDSK View Listings

The design,layout, and appearance are good and catch your interest. That being said, once you invest your money buying one, you begin to have second thoughts. I have found out that cheaper than cheap materials were used in its construction. Adding to this, I get the impression that whoever built it, was either inexperienced, did not have pride in his/her work, or was to eager to finish and leave for the weekend to do whatever he/she does on weekends. To my standards, the work done is trash, damaging to the unit's components, and with complete disregard to doing it right. I would place the unit's builders as demolition workers rather than carpenters. The first time that I used it, its electrical system failed miserably. It was serviced at the dealership (whose work and attention to detail left a whole lot to be desired) and fixed?. The second time that I took it (present time) for a trip, I find there is a leak on its plumbing. I mean, common, The first time I used it was for one week and it failed. The second time (present time 10/14/19) it has a fresh water leak. If I was given a choice of choosing among different manufacturers, this would never again be my choice. Potential buyers beware, invest your money with another manufacturer.
- Gerardo E. Garcia, Texas

2019-07-18 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

This review is more a reflection of lack of quality control (QC) at Palomino manufacturing than personal acceptance of the 202RB. I made this purchase due to the fact my wife was not happy trying to rustic camp with a Palomino truck camper (no bathroom), no storage space. I drove 3400 miles to purchase the 202RB, after arriving home, I inspected the unit to see how well it traveled the 1700 miles home. The model I have uses 2 propane manifolds (made of aluminum, not brass). The first manifold is a Tee near the front of the unit and the 2nd manifold is a 4 outlet located near the axles. Both manifolds were detached from the frame. Corrosion and very poor installation resulted in the self tapping screws shearing off. It will take me a few days to correct this problem. The "fantastic" vent/fan in the bathroom had no speed control. That was an easy fix, it was wired wrong. That's a clear lack of QC at Palomino manufacturing. The fan is noisy regardless of speed selected. The Grey/Black water drain pipes were loose. That was a relatively easy fixed, I added a couple of steel straps attached to the frame. The Furrion solar connection (and wiring) are designed to support a "suitcase, integrated controller" purchase. The wiring is not designed to support the installation of a 3rd party solar system. I wanted to install a larger MPPT solar controller to utilize larger solar panels connected in series and an inverter. I'll use a weather proof box to house the MPPT controller and connect it directly to the batteries externally. The factory supplied a "foam" mattress that was very hard, I swapped it out for a Sealy foam mattress. In doing so I noticed the 1/2" plywood under the mattress did not fully support to the edges of the mattress. I'll have to purchase a full sheet of plywood and cut to size (with rounded hardwood edges) to fully support the mattress. Note: the same condition existed for the factory mattress. The kitchen faucet is nice but using the 12 volt pump results in very low water flow. When I turned on the AC, significant amounts of Styrofoam beads exited the vents, looked like it was snowing. That makes me wonder how well the vented ducts are designed, clearly not designed with actual vent conduit. The unit does not have a "master" 12V switch to completely disconnect the batteries. So make sure you disconnect the batteries if you decide to do some wiring improvements. The Furrion "entertainment" unit remains powered (its lights remain illuminated) even when turned off. The tires are 14", made in China. I will be purchasing new 15" rims so I can mount LT (light truck) tires. Search Youtube for RV trailer tire blow outs, its a serious problem. That's a vendor/design issue, not a manufacturing QC issue. On the positive side, the cabinets remained fully intact, no doors came loose, no lights (LED) fell off the ceiling, and my wife loves the full bathroom (it has a porcelain toilet). There are a few other nice little upgrades, it has extended rain gutters, nice folding aluminum steps, LED tail/running lights and a fair amount of storage space. The axles are Torflex suspension. I camp early spring and late fall in the northern White mountains of AZ, I'm not sure this 202RB will survive non-paved roads. I will definitely consider a GEO PRO by next year. Towing this 202RB reduced my F350 diesel MPGs from 13.8 to 10.3, that's a serious increase in fuel cost.
- D Mill, Arizona

2019-06-05 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased Solaire 304 rkds new, only 3 months. Have had problems right off the bat: • Water Heater NOT lighting up on propane. • Shower leaks water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed had to seal myself. • Vent low air output from bedroom heat or ac vents won’t cool down or heat up bedroom. • Denver mattress has memory foam which remembers you were there, has a dip still after a month of not being used. P.O.S. • The master bed support came apart as soon as I got the NEW RV home about 150 miles away, staples did not hold. • Staples in closets walls came apart, needs screws, not staples. • Front door has a gap where I can see daylight. • NO factory support, even tried to visit factory, they sent me to a dealer. • Screws in the back of RV came loose, has NO sealant for moisture. • Wall along the TV mount coming loose. • Washer is NOT balanced, can NOT use. If I knew it would come with all of these problems, I would NOT have purchased a Forest River brand. This is MUCH worse than CHINA products, at least with them I expect it.
- Jesse Rodriguez, Texas

2019-05-07 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased solaire 316 rlts new. problems right off the bat. furnace had to be set to 74 to keep it at 68 would get no warmer,shower leaked water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed, rained, slide out leaked water into unit like a river, vent low air output from bedroom heat and ac vents. wont cool down or heat up bedroom. shower head was broke, tv antenna would pick up no stations front door hard to close and will pop open vent over stove was missing screen and the louvers outside were hanging out of hood. Total junk.Layout of trailer is why we bought it we use it stationary on property as a get away cabin. very roomy interior but everything is cheaply made vert thin cabinetry and wall material mattress is terrible after only seven days of use depression in it already. Cant see it lasting long. Will never buy another solaire.
- Jeff Jennings, Michigan

2019-03-19 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

We have loved this camper! It has allowed our family of 5 to enjoy camping and not rough it at all. Very comfortable in every way. Very modern and easy to set up. Tows really well in all weather we have been hit with. Fiberglass exterior is super durable.
- Justin Partee, Minnesota

2019-02-12 2018 Palomino SolAire Ultra Lite 202RB View Listings

Love the bathroom. Could use a bit more counter space in the kitchen. Lots of storage. We lived in our for 4 months last summer. I would recommend this model. Went down the road great. We did use equalizers and sway bar.
- Shirley, Florida

2018-08-24 2017 Palomino Solaire 317BHSK View Listings

We bought this trailer in May 2017. It was love at first sight. The interior is gorgeous and the floor plan is almost perfect for our needs. Palomino is seriously lacking in quality control. When we purchased, there was a recall for adding a lift kit due to clearance between the tires and wheel wells. We were able to use it while we waited for the parts to come in. It is fantastically comfortable to stay in with 2 children and an 80lbs dog. When we brought it back for the recall, we found out that the factory had already installed the lift kit and the clearance was still too low. The wrong axles had been installed. We were able to use it 2 more times while waited for transport to be available to take back to the factory Michigan. It left in early November 2017 and returned in February 2018. Although the dealer had washed it before we picked it up, you could still see the road salt on the frame. While reloading with our personal items, we had a heavy rain, resulting in massive leaking around the front slide. It was determined that Palomino had not caulked properly. The trailer had to back the shop, slide removed check for water damage. 6 months off the first year it was in the shop art either the dealer back aft the factory. Now, another 6 months (18 total) of owning, the jack has shorted out resulting in the tongue being raised the maximum height and damaging the rear stabilizers. This is the 2nd time the jack has shorted. This is more on Lippert than Palomino, except that Palomino replaced the jack the 131st time with old stock, knowing that Lippert had a recall. I am replacing the jack myself this time and discovered damage as if someone had attempted to move the trailer without raising the jack. Based on the amount of rust on the damaged area, I am assuming that it was done while back in Michigan.
- Brian, North Carolina

2018-04-27 2015 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 297RLDS View Listings

My husband and I LOVE our Solaire, except we don’t have enough time to spend in it! We own a small business & can’t get away long enough to really enjoy it. The few times we were able to travel, our Solaire Eclipse was TRULY home away from home; the kitchen layout is perfect for meal prep & cooking, including being able to hook up our gas grill outside; the bathroom is a great size - not cramped at all; the queen bed & pull out sofa are comfortable; and the dining room table & chairs are SO much better than a booth set up! We give our 2015 Palomino Solaire Eclipse an A+!!
- Rebecca Kamenski , Texas

2018-01-31 2014 Palomino SolAire Eclipse 297RLDS View Listings

I have had a leak in the front side sense the day I bought it. I have took back to the company I bought it from over and over. They could not find it. I took it to a different person to find it he could not find it keep it 3 months.we sent it back to Forest River were it was made they sent it back and still leaks. I do not know what to do.I anyone has had this same problem and knows how to fix it please let me know
- Mike Trantham, North Carolina

2018-01-12 2015 Palomino SolAire 318TSBHK View Listings

I liked the design. about 75 percent of the coach is pretty good quality, but where they went cheap it is god awful, The dinette seat quality is extremely poor, got fed up and glued the seats to the base. seat covering is terrible. the floor in the dining area slide out separate from the wall. It was repaired under warranty last year but still not correct. I went to swat a fly under the bathroom skylight and the thing popped off. I had to go over numerous areas where the sheeting was separating from the wall supports. Had to use panel nails and glue to make it stick. I complained about the carpet staining and could not clean it. This was well within the warranty period i was told by the then warranty manager, 'Sorry for the stain jum, it is just the really cheap carpet we used" But i think it is because of the new type floor covering that is bleeding coloring, Beau Flor. They wont answer that question just told me yesterday, SORRY OUT OF WARRANTY, This unit is in the desert. never moved, I am from Washington State we remove our outside shoes, it as to be the flooring and even the professionals cant clean it The furnace calls calls for a filter, no filter can be placed behind air intake plate. Using two filters tapped to the outside of plate. before buying one of these, use a fly swatter on the skylight and check out the rest. i would like to hear from others who own one of these units to compare, especially problems with the carpet. I will gladly furnish my name and address to anyone that wants to check, I will be here until te end oif April, Jim Fulton
- JAMES H FULTON, California

2018-01-12 2018 Palomino Solaire 269BHDSK View Listings

We (My wife and I) placed an order on one of these recently from a local dealer. The dealer and manufacturer were very good and accommodating with our special requests with the build. We are looking forward to the delivery in a couple of months and I will continue to post with our experiences with it.
- Rob, Michigan

2017-12-20 2014 Palomino SolAire Eclipse 297RLDS View Listings

I will begin by saying I had some issues with this unit from the day I purchased it from slide out problems to a slide out leak. But without getting into it, my review is about the service I received from Palominio. Absolutely amazing.I would like to say thank you to Kim Dobson, AJ Reedy and especially JR Summey for taking care of my issues and other things you repaired beyond my complaints. Also your repair techs for doing a great job. I will be a repeat customer to Palominio. Thanks again
- Jerry Bernhard, Pennsylvania

2017-11-05 2013 Palomino SolAire Ultra-Lite 163X View Listings

To prefix,my family has had 20 different travel trailers over 60 years so I have a lot of experience.When my wife and I saw this unit,it was exactly what we wanted to downsize to.The fit and finish from day one is horrible.Of the three we had to chose from,this one was the best.Had to re-caulk the whole unit after 2 years,front bunk leaked when closed up.The sound system will not play when you turn the inside lights on!Now we have a leak in the roof around the a/c unit.The older RV's were built so much better.Could own them for 20 years with zero issues.I went with Palomino because the build quality of the Palomino we had 20 years ago was exceptional.I will probably trade this one in just to get out of it.Or maybe that is the manufacturers plan?
- Stew T., New York

2016-08-26 2017 Palomino SolAire Expandable 147X View Listings

Not impressed with quality or service. We bought our brand new camper in April 2016. On our third camping trip the hot water heater stopped working and so did the refrigerator. The hot water has been fixed but we are still waiting for a refrigerator - it has been over a month. Our fourth camping trip was refrigerator-less. We aren't sure if we will have a fridge for the next trip in a week.
- Susan Aldrich, Michigan

2015-07-01 2013 Palomino SolAire Ultra-Lite 28QBSS View Listings

I have a big family, we fit easy, can't feel it pulling with my Chevy Express 3500.
- David, Wyoming