Palomino SolAire

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino SolAire RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Gary Nelson from West Virginia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Palomino Solaire 205SS View Listings

Tows great, upgraded mattress makes it sleeps great. AC works great. Large refrigerator that keeps food very cold. Plenty of room on couch. TV and stereo work good also. Central heat and air make it very comfortable.
- Gary Nelson, West Virginia

2021-09-26 2021 Palomino Solaire 185X View Listings

Feedback on the window above the table and stool. The screen should be on the left side of the window. Because when u open the door without the screen. The door would cover the screen area. There are no breeze coming thru the screen because of that door. The screen should be on the left side so we can have some breeze thru the window and the door. Im disappointed abt that one. :-(
- Kendra, Massachusetts

2021-09-13 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

I love the floorplan of this RV. The quality is extremely poor and I'm very disappointed in it. This was purchased in 2019 brand new. Cost me about $30k. Every year I take it in for winterizing and every year I've had to have repairs done. All of which aren't covered by my extended warranty. My cabinet hinges keep breaking. The panelling keeps pulling apart as it's only attached with staples. The glass shower doors weren't siliconed when they were installed so the shower leaked water everywhere. I had to silicone around the doors. I also had to check the drain under the shower because of water leaking and it wasn't connected properly. Now this year the bed is falling apart. It looks like the framing was also put together with staples. This isn't covered under warranty either so I'm going to have to get some screws and rebuild my queen bed. Probably going to have to go thru the whole unit and make sure it's built properly. I've already had to replace the mattress as it was breaking down after only two years of sleeping on it. The previous RV's I've owned I also purchased brand new and I've never had these problems. Not sure if it's the manufacturer as this is my first experience with Forest River. But I won't be inclined to purchase another RV from them again. Very disappointed in the quality. I've also had problems with the seal on the toilet, the awning was falling off, those were covered under warranty. The fridge wouldn't run on electricity and after investigation when I took the outside access panel off I found it wasn't plugged into the outlet. The fridge is making a weird sound but nobody can find out a reason. If it craps out I hope it does it while I have the extended warranty. The roof vent snapped and fell off just with driving down the highway, never been off road with the RV. The microwave quits when defrosting. Still haven't figured out whats happening with that. I had a water leak the dealer couldn't find but they did have to do a leak test on the trailer and reseal the entire unit. That was under my extended warranty. I've realized my trailer is a $30k pos. Very disappointing.
- CAROL G, Alberta

2021-08-11 2021 Palomino Solaire 163X View Listings

Don't let the compact size fool you! We love how this fully loaded RV can even fit in our driveway when stored away, yet when in use, folds out and feels so spacious inside. The perks of having a real porcelain toilet, a good-sized shower, a large kitchen sink, and three-burner stove (instead of the usual two for this size) really make this feel like you aren't skimping on the comforts of home. The powerful AC unit and fan really keeps air moving so you can keep an optimal atmosphere. The fridge and freezer really surprised us with its large capacity. All in all, she's a gem. Even friends of ours with larger RVs were envious of the layout and modern style.
- Dustin Mulkey, California

2021-07-30 2020 Palomino Solaire 253RLS View Listings

Purchased new March 2021. Perfect couples camper. Have spent 45 nights in it as of July 24. We have been to Tennessee twice, Florida once and a local lake three times. Next trip is to Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks. My husband has upgraded the Leveling jack stabilizers, replaced the trifold couch with a Love seat duel electric recliner. Other than wishing it had more closet space and a ladder on the back it has been great so far. Plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 fur babies.
- Sonja Howell, West Virginia

2021-04-18 2020 Palomino Solaire View Listings

Bought brand new, ceiling leaks, both sides of master bedroom. Main door was warped right from day 1, rubber seal under main slide out came completely loose and is allowing water to enter on the floor. I would never recommend this brand or model to anyone!! Took it back for warranty work to be done Dec 2nd, got trailer back April 17th, nothing fixed. Have to return it to dealers again in October. We are very disappointed and upset with Forest River.
- Christy Haven, Michigan

2021-02-11 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

I live in my RV full time One adult only Since day one of October 2019 Have had major issues Would I buy this brand again No !The factory person has been very helpful and addressed the issues Had major leaks from the roof,water heater,an bathtub first week .The oven never worked part needed replaced The fireplace heater stopped working a week after moving in The water faucet in kitchen trickled had to be replaced Wash machine shakes the RV beyond reason Placing a 30lb weight on top of dryer helps Bought weatherized that's a joke !!Underside is enclosed In winter will run two ceramic heaters The furnace have used twice Seems to work but uses too much propane Outside storage door the lock never worked If shut tight need a wrench to open Now the the storage under the bed the frame will not stay up The floor has bubbles where it is lifting .And the trim work around doors walls is coming off The fan above the stove worked for a week than stopped Really has not been a good experience Must say the factory person was more than helpful an has reimbursed me for the cost
- Patsy, Washington

2020-07-23 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

I really like the layout of two rooms, the swivel TV, and two kitchens. I dont care for the size of the bathroom not much room to move around in or change your clothes in there. It tows really nice for a 34ft trailer and space in the main living area is really nice and big. It really feels well built and seems easy to work on so far.
- Mark, Utah

2020-07-20 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

I have owned this camper for 5 months. Bought it brand new! I was super excited! I had it at the house for 2 days then took it back to the dealer. While I was cleaning I noticed lots of things wrong. The biggest one at the time was the face frame of the kitchen cabinets were constructed of rotten wood. Got it fixed along with about 10 other smaller things. Then I noticed the back of the camper is de-laminating and the roof leaking in the center of the trailer. These are now much larger defects. Now we have an electrical short in the camper somewhere; touch the frame and get shocked! I really hate this camper. I have written 2 reviews in my life. The first one was a company in Alaska that took me fishing and was fabulous (so happy that I couldn't write enough great things). Then this one: I really hate this camper! The list of things wrong with this camper is extensive and growing; I would need more than the 5000 characters. The warranty from Palamino blames the dealer and the dealer says we can only fall back on the warranty. I really just want Palamino to buy back this lemon of a camper back so I can get back to enjoying camping with a quality camper. I have cancelled reservations because I don't trust this camper. For a first time brand new camper buyer this has been disappointing and a very sad experience.
- Terri Hinton, Michigan

2020-06-17 2020 Palomino Solaire 147X View Listings

I can't name enough things that have gone wrong or have been wrong from the manufacturer. DO NOT buy one of these campers. It is made of "cardboard". I can only start to name things that are wrong....pullout bars don't fit, water heater won't work, window won't close, fan in bathroom is hitting screen, workmanship is terrible. Quality control was terrible too. Sofa was only bolted down on one side....fans with lights attached to hang from the ceiling while in the pop outs break every clip they have on them....cheap brittle plastic...so, then you can't use them anymore. We have used the camper for four days and every clip is broken. It's just amazing how one camper can be so bad.
- Cindy Meuser, Pennsylvania

2020-02-28 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

RV had nothing but problems from day 2. Laundry room (no washer or dryer installed). Leaking had repairman out 4 times, galley sink faucet replaced 2 times leak repair 4 times. Facade tape peeling off all wood, refridgerator floor collapsed, pull out roof leaking, tv mount came off and shattered tv, drawer bottoms falling out , screw in wood placed but went to nowhere,and topper was fresh water tank falling off bottom of trailer on interstate 10 in Louisiana. ALL IN FIRST 80 DAYS OF OWNERSHIP!!! factory took possession will have it returned after a month or so.. dealer will take back or trade at used sale price. Or equal value of used sale price. We are out lodging, lost perishables, rental trailer ( to place all our belongings and then storage to place it while awaiting return.) Over all disappointed over whole experience to say least. We no longer feel safe in this vehicle. We paid cash brand new and will most likely get screwed and take loss if we trade in.. shaking my head.
- Em, Idaho

2019-10-18 2018 Palomino SolAire 316RLTS View Listings

This RV has had nothing but problems. The air conditioner has been worked on 5 times in 2 years. The fuses are constantly blowing out and then you have to figure out which one. Last time the slide had a bad fuse and it blocked the fuse box....bad design not even up to national standards. Every time we use this RV we have to have it worked on. We just want to sell the thing. This has to be the worst RV we ever owned.
- Gregg Snyder, Texas

2019-10-16 2018 Palomino Solaire 269BHDSK View Listings

The design,layout, and appearance are good and catch your interest. That being said, once you invest your money buying one, you begin to have second thoughts. I have found out that cheaper than cheap materials were used in its construction. Adding to this, I get the impression that whoever built it, was either inexperienced, did not have pride in his/her work, or was to eager to finish and leave for the weekend to do whatever he/she does on weekends. To my standards, the work done is trash, damaging to the unit's components, and with complete disregard to doing it right. I would place the unit's builders as demolition workers rather than carpenters. The first time that I used it, its electrical system failed miserably. It was serviced at the dealership (whose work and attention to detail left a whole lot to be desired) and fixed?. The second time that I took it (present time) for a trip, I find there is a leak on its plumbing. I mean, common, The first time I used it was for one week and it failed. The second time (present time 10/14/19) it has a fresh water leak. If I was given a choice of choosing among different manufacturers, this would never again be my choice. Potential buyers beware, invest your money with another manufacturer.
- Gerardo E. Garcia, Texas

2019-07-18 2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB View Listings

This review is more a reflection of lack of quality control (QC) at Palomino manufacturing than personal acceptance of the 202RB. I made this purchase due to the fact my wife was not happy trying to rustic camp with a Palomino truck camper (no bathroom), no storage space. I drove 3400 miles to purchase the 202RB, after arriving home, I inspected the unit to see how well it traveled the 1700 miles home. The model I have uses 2 propane manifolds (made of aluminum, not brass). The first manifold is a Tee near the front of the unit and the 2nd manifold is a 4 outlet located near the axles. Both manifolds were detached from the frame. Corrosion and very poor installation resulted in the self tapping screws shearing off. It will take me a few days to correct this problem. The "fantastic" vent/fan in the bathroom had no speed control. That was an easy fix, it was wired wrong. That's a clear lack of QC at Palomino manufacturing. The fan is noisy regardless of speed selected. The Grey/Black water drain pipes were loose. That was a relatively easy fixed, I added a couple of steel straps attached to the frame. The Furrion solar connection (and wiring) are designed to support a "suitcase, integrated controller" purchase. The wiring is not designed to support the installation of a 3rd party solar system. I wanted to install a larger MPPT solar controller to utilize larger solar panels connected in series and an inverter. I'll use a weather proof box to house the MPPT controller and connect it directly to the batteries externally. The factory supplied a "foam" mattress that was very hard, I swapped it out for a Sealy foam mattress. In doing so I noticed the 1/2" plywood under the mattress did not fully support to the edges of the mattress. I'll have to purchase a full sheet of plywood and cut to size (with rounded hardwood edges) to fully support the mattress. Note: the same condition existed for the factory mattress. The kitchen faucet is nice but using the 12 volt pump results in very low water flow. When I turned on the AC, significant amounts of Styrofoam beads exited the vents, looked like it was snowing. That makes me wonder how well the vented ducts are designed, clearly not designed with actual vent conduit. The unit does not have a "master" 12V switch to completely disconnect the batteries. So make sure you disconnect the batteries if you decide to do some wiring improvements. The Furrion "entertainment" unit remains powered (its lights remain illuminated) even when turned off. The tires are 14", made in China. I will be purchasing new 15" rims so I can mount LT (light truck) tires. Search Youtube for RV trailer tire blow outs, its a serious problem. That's a vendor/design issue, not a manufacturing QC issue. On the positive side, the cabinets remained fully intact, no doors came loose, no lights (LED) fell off the ceiling, and my wife loves the full bathroom (it has a porcelain toilet). There are a few other nice little upgrades, it has extended rain gutters, nice folding aluminum steps, LED tail/running lights and a fair amount of storage space. The axles are Torflex suspension. I camp early spring and late fall in the northern White mountains of AZ, I'm not sure this 202RB will survive non-paved roads. I will definitely consider a GEO PRO by next year. Towing this 202RB reduced my F350 diesel MPGs from 13.8 to 10.3, that's a serious increase in fuel cost.
- D Mill, Arizona

2019-06-05 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased Solaire 304 rkds new, only 3 months. Have had problems right off the bat: • Water Heater NOT lighting up on propane. • Shower leaks water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed had to seal myself. • Vent low air output from bedroom heat or ac vents won’t cool down or heat up bedroom. • Denver mattress has memory foam which remembers you were there, has a dip still after a month of not being used. P.O.S. • The master bed support came apart as soon as I got the NEW RV home about 150 miles away, staples did not hold. • Staples in closets walls came apart, needs screws, not staples. • Front door has a gap where I can see daylight. • NO factory support, even tried to visit factory, they sent me to a dealer. • Screws in the back of RV came loose, has NO sealant for moisture. • Wall along the TV mount coming loose. • Washer is NOT balanced, can NOT use. If I knew it would come with all of these problems, I would NOT have purchased a Forest River brand. This is MUCH worse than CHINA products, at least with them I expect it.
- Jesse Rodriguez, Texas

2019-05-07 2019 Palomino Solaire 316RLTS View Listings

Purchased solaire 316 rlts new. problems right off the bat. furnace had to be set to 74 to keep it at 68 would get no warmer,shower leaked water out on floor bottom rail evidently not sealed, rained, slide out leaked water into unit like a river, vent low air output from bedroom heat and ac vents. wont cool down or heat up bedroom. shower head was broke, tv antenna would pick up no stations front door hard to close and will pop open vent over stove was missing screen and the louvers outside were hanging out of hood. Total junk.Layout of trailer is why we bought it we use it stationary on property as a get away cabin. very roomy interior but everything is cheaply made vert thin cabinetry and wall material mattress is terrible after only seven days of use depression in it already. Cant see it lasting long. Will never buy another solaire.
- Jeff Jennings, Michigan

2019-03-19 2015 Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK View Listings

We have loved this camper! It has allowed our family of 5 to enjoy camping and not rough it at all. Very comfortable in every way. Very modern and easy to set up. Tows really well in all weather we have been hit with. Fiberglass exterior is super durable.
- Justin Partee, Minnesota

2018-08-24 2017 Palomino Solaire 317BHSK View Listings

We bought this trailer in May 2017. It was love at first sight. The interior is gorgeous and the floor plan is almost perfect for our needs. Palomino is seriously lacking in quality control. When we purchased, there was a recall for adding a lift kit due to clearance between the tires and wheel wells. We were able to use it while we waited for the parts to come in. It is fantastically comfortable to stay in with 2 children and an 80lbs dog. When we brought it back for the recall, we found out that the factory had already installed the lift kit and the clearance was still too low. The wrong axles had been installed. We were able to use it 2 more times while waited for transport to be available to take back to the factory Michigan. It left in early November 2017 and returned in February 2018. Although the dealer had washed it before we picked it up, you could still see the road salt on the frame. While reloading with our personal items, we had a heavy rain, resulting in massive leaking around the front slide. It was determined that Palomino had not caulked properly. The trailer had to back the shop, slide removed check for water damage. 6 months off the first year it was in the shop art either the dealer back aft the factory. Now, another 6 months (18 total) of owning, the jack has shorted out resulting in the tongue being raised the maximum height and damaging the rear stabilizers. This is the 2nd time the jack has shorted. This is more on Lippert than Palomino, except that Palomino replaced the jack the 131st time with old stock, knowing that Lippert had a recall. I am replacing the jack myself this time and discovered damage as if someone had attempted to move the trailer without raising the jack. Based on the amount of rust on the damaged area, I am assuming that it was done while back in Michigan.
- Brian, North Carolina

2018-01-12 2015 Palomino SolAire 318TSBHK View Listings

I liked the design. about 75 percent of the coach is pretty good quality, but where they went cheap it is god awful, The dinette seat quality is extremely poor, got fed up and glued the seats to the base. seat covering is terrible. the floor in the dining area slide out separate from the wall. It was repaired under warranty last year but still not correct. I went to swat a fly under the bathroom skylight and the thing popped off. I had to go over numerous areas where the sheeting was separating from the wall supports. Had to use panel nails and glue to make it stick. I complained about the carpet staining and could not clean it. This was well within the warranty period i was told by the then warranty manager, 'Sorry for the stain jum, it is just the really cheap carpet we used" But i think it is because of the new type floor covering that is bleeding coloring, Beau Flor. They wont answer that question just told me yesterday, SORRY OUT OF WARRANTY, This unit is in the desert. never moved, I am from Washington State we remove our outside shoes, it as to be the flooring and even the professionals cant clean it The furnace calls calls for a filter, no filter can be placed behind air intake plate. Using two filters tapped to the outside of plate. before buying one of these, use a fly swatter on the skylight and check out the rest. i would like to hear from others who own one of these units to compare, especially problems with the carpet. I will gladly furnish my name and address to anyone that wants to check, I will be here until te end oif April, Jim Fulton
- JAMES H FULTON, California

2018-01-12 2018 Palomino Solaire 269BHDSK View Listings

We (My wife and I) placed an order on one of these recently from a local dealer. The dealer and manufacturer were very good and accommodating with our special requests with the build. We are looking forward to the delivery in a couple of months and I will continue to post with our experiences with it.
- Rob, Michigan

2016-07-20 2016 Palomino SolAire 147X View Listings

Previously owned 2011 Palomio upgraded to this model.POOR LAYOUT. 5 yrs Ultra Lite travel across Western Canada & Northern USA. We rate this model #1. Easy to Pull. Fantastic layout. High ceiling. Attractive detailing. Fully loaded. Limited storage. Pull with Toyota Venza
- Ron Erickson, Ontario