Palomino Puma XLE Lite Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino Puma XLE Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Sara from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We’ve owned a Puma X-Lite for less than a month. We had a major water leak in the restroom within our first week. The dealership told me that I’d have to wait 3 weeks for a repair. I called the RV loan company and told them that I wouldn’t make a single payment until someone fixed the leaky roof. I had to get dramatic in order to get help. Dealership maintenance fixed the leak within 4 hours. The main door lock/handle jammed shortly after the rain stopped. I had to crawl through the small storage opening on the side to drill the door open. I received a new lock from the dealership. The water heater has a gas leak. The carbon monoxide alarm goes off every time we turn on the water heater. I have yet to address this to the dealership. There’s a lot of issues going. Overall, the quality of this Palomino trailer is terrible. The dealership has been helpful. But we’re only a couple of weeks in! Let’s see what breaks next.
- Sara, Texas

2020-09-27 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 30DBSC View Listings

Notice to new trailer buyers. #forestriverrv #forestriver We bought a brand new, Forest River, Palomino PUMA, model 30-DBSC, travel trailer in Sept of 2018. Just 2 years ago. I would be very careful about purchasing from this manufacturer again. Today we we were going to clean the roof. Jay got up there and noticed both of the roof vents have cracks in them. He went to one, brushed his hand over it, and the plastic crumbled under his fingers. It is super brittle. The whole thing. It's not like we are in Arizona in super hot sun. We are in Washington state. I can see this happening maybe 15 years after purchase but 2? It is quite obvious that the plastic used on the vents is not UV resistant. We have also had problems with the trim around our slide out coming off when we pull out the slide out. We have also had problems with the door handles coming out when we use the doors. The wallpaper is bubbling on the wall in the kitchen. Don't buy a Puma.
- Jay Schober, Washington

2020-09-25 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

We purchased this Camper one week ago today! Had a major tire blow out on the way home. Sat on the side of the road for an hour waiting for help. Once we made it home we went to set it up and open the slide only to find out the battery was completely dead. Today we load everything to head out for our first camping weekend only to have the brakes lock up and catch fire. My husband had to put the fire out with the extinguisher that is before the fire department arrived!! The camper is a 2019 but we are the first time owners. I pray all the issues get worked out very soon and we did not make the wrong decision with this purchase. Oh and we can't get the dealership to respond to my messages or texts. :)
- Lynn Jacques, Alabama

2020-04-26 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC View Listings

This RV is perfect! We searched for the best layout for our family of 5, and this was a great fit for us! Very roomy and comfortable. No problems pulling this trailer and the set-up is easy and quick. I would highly recommend this travel trailer! Great family travel trailer at a very reasonable price point! It is a home away from home with all of the amenities you would expect from a hotel!
- Cheryl Matchett, Florida

2020-03-08 2018 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27QBC View Listings

Junk. Dealer did a poor job checking it out, so did not return for more poor service. Now out of warranty and it leakes like crazy. We fix one place and another shows up. Had to drain under lining several times. This trlr would not even make a good dog house. Wish we could get our money back. The paint on the stabalizers was a joke. The factory painted o er oil so paint has pealed off and all 4 jacks are extremely rusty. The vanity cabinet was poorly done. It looks like a rat chewed the hole for the water lines to pass thru to the shower. The privacy curtain was screwed into the thin ceiling and pulled out when we were going down the highway. This trailer is crap, crap, crap! Would trade it but don't feel right passing this piece of junk on to someone else.
- Sharon Skinner, Texas