Palomino Puma RVs Reviews on RV Insider (44)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino Puma RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

David from Iowa says:

Have you owned any Palomino Puma RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-02-16 2018 Palomino Puma 286RBSS View Listings

We first bought the camper on 08-21-2018 now for brand new the price wasn’t bad and it was the floor plan we liked however we have had nothing but problems since the day we bought it way to many to list on her but as of now the other dealer has it for repairs and has had it for 5 months not their fault of course original dealer actually screwed things up and stole my propane tanks which were full but magically empty when we got it back have had slide out rebuilt 2 times and we have only camped 2 times in it along with the other thousands of dollars it has cost to fix not me personally but the factory and now we are told the roof has to be replaced on the entire camper not happy campers at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say it would be cheaper to have them give me my money back or give me a new one but will NEVER buy another puma. you would thing to pay as much for it as you would a car the quality would be so much more we did t make it to the wv ky. Border and had to take it back to get a vent cover replaced and it has cascaded from there
- Jeremy williams, West Virginia

2020-02-03 2020 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

The dealer was great. But the quality of the trailer was thrown together. I gave up a top quality spree for this. Totally unhappy. Now I'm stuck with this. Please check out the trailer well before you purchase.
- Kim Harris , Alabama

2020-01-29 2014 Palomino Puma 259RBSS View Listings

Overall a good entry level camper. Never had an issue with any appliances, ac, heater or water heater. No leaks. Although we store in a carport and inspect roof often. Had to adjust slide a couple of times. Well build unit. Towed about 2500 miles per year on about 7 annual trips. Just sold to upgrade to newer camper. Going to smooth siding instead of metal siding which is always dirty and hard to clean. Had to raise camper 2 inches to fit with out 2500 Ram 4x4.
- John , Georgia

2020-01-20 2019 Palomino Puma 31QBBH View Listings

THE BAD - Roof leaked before first road trip. Shower leaked first time used. Low point drain valve leaked profusely first time out. Refrigerator would not cool down below 40 degrees. Main slide out bottom wooden frame support was broken in two places. After careful examination of the outer shell found silicon smeared all over the camper. Overall very disappointing purchase, seems that quality is way down on the list. It could be we just happen to get a LEMON. THE GOOD - Pulls pretty good. Nice living floor plan. Love the spacious shower.
- Sidney Fee, Kentucky

2020-01-14 2020 Palomino Puma 32BHDB View Listings

This model is spacious but could use more cabinet space in the kitchen. The floors are nice and sturdy no soft spots or sagging. The bedrooms are very spacious for a travel trailer. The bunks are perfect for kids or even adults. Some of the workmanship could use some fine tuning. There was lots of leftover sawdust in the heater floor vents and in the cabinet corners. Some of the cabinet screws were loose and the shower wasn't caulked very well so there was a leak initially. But overall for the money it's a good trailer and I would recommend especially if you have kids.
- Tonya R, Kentucky

2019-12-29 2019 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

Very cheaply made and unreliable. A/C and Frig went out within 6 mos. Gutters had dip in middle on both sides. Huge gash in the undercover at rear. Slide outs not level. Filthy from factory at pick up. Don't make my mistake and trust anyone. Check everything over twice before accepting it. Still, don't plan on using it much the first year for camping. Make sure you live close to the dealer and have ample time to take it back and forth many times. I read a post about the factory blaming the dealer and vise versa. That is true to my experience. Neither care about you after they have the sale.
- K Sossoman, North Carolina

2019-10-02 2017 Palomino Puma 31BHSS View Listings

This unit has provide my family of 6 a great weekend get away for the past 3.5 years. Very comfortable and spacious. Lots of storage and wonderful layout and amenities.The outdoor kitchen and separate door for the bathroom was essential for a busy family with 4 children.
- Heather Solomon, Michigan

2019-07-18 2014 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We like our camper but had to deal with some issues. We are on our 5th Dometic A/C unit in 5 years. Vinyl peeling off of table cushions, chairs, and trim. Cracks and leaks in skylights, made real cheap. Not sure if I would recommend this RV to a family or friend.
- Tim Detiveaux, Louisiana

2019-06-25 2016 Palomino Puma 253-FBS View Listings

We bought our camper 2 yrs ago have had a lot of problems with water heater found out igniter board is bad. Thought buying so new would not have problems. Not so. Our front of camper paint is turning grey. Looks awful, should have stuck with white.
- Kathy Johnson, Minnesota

2019-06-16 2019 Palomino Puma 37PFL View Listings

We spend a lot of time in the trailer. Lots of room. Trailer is heavy and susceptible to wind The 9” step height is tough on us with bad knees and back problems Disappointed in the Linoleum floor covering it Marks and tears easily. The floor is soft gives when walked across. The Magic Chef microwave has been replaced 4 times and going to have to replace it again. Ceiling fan been replaced 2 times and making noise Window had to be resealed, Poor insulation AC in front will not keep it cool moldings and door frame had to be reattached Veneer on wood rubbing off Dealer doing the repair work no questions asked just multiple trips to bring it in Even with the problems we’ve enjoyed the trailer lots of room very comfortable comfortable they called it a destinations trailer love the homestyle refrigerator and stove
- Tommy Davis , Texas

2019-05-22 2018 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

I really would like my money back. nothing but problems. Bought April of 2018 and its been back to dealer more then i have used it. List of problems short in slide causing fuse to blow AC unit didn't work( got fixed loose wire) Pinched gas line Front bedroom wall bowing ( finally fixed second visit to dealer cost me 305.00 Tows like crap. cant stay on road loose control. Really bad on Highway. ( Changed WB and sway control, up graded to they say better one) Still sucks. Just went camping 16th of May thought i was going to die. Door handle to bath room coming apart Kitchen sink now has cracks in corner on both sides towards front. missing trim under medication cabinet in bathroom Main door wouldn't stay shut Think that is about it for now. It has 3 slides lots of room . Worst thing we ever bought. Now called dealer yesterday and haven't heard from them yet. I be happy if they would just buy it back , would not buy another one.
- Greg Seese, Michigan

2019-01-26 2011 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We love the floor plan. Wife needs her space in the kitchen and we can be out of her way in the tv room. Tons of storage in main area. Need more room and storage in bedroom. Only complaint on floorplan is thr little room around the bed. Wish there was a slideout for the headboard of queen bed and that would add more bedroom storage. Quality is very good have had no issues with trim and mechanicals. Kept at campground for 3 seasons and 1 snowbird trip to Florida. Been great for family of 3 adults.
- Dan, Wisconsin

2019-01-24 2015 Palomino Puma 39PQB View Listings

I work away from home and live in this trailer so it is my home away from home. We bought it used (2yr old) so we havent had much to do with factory/warranty support. The floor plan is THE BEST you can find for a family with children. The only thing its missing is a dishwasher haha. Ours has a washer dryer in it aswell as a 12 Ga. water heater which you can have a full shower in with out running out of hot water. Lots of inside storage, it pulls excellent for the size and weight. I use a one ton dually and I can tell it’s behind me with that being said Ive never had swaying problems pulling it. We would recommend this rv for anyone with kids that spends an extended amount of time rving, camping, living and looking for an rv. You wont regret it!
- M & C Wadsir, Saskatchewan

2019-01-15 2008 Palomino Puma 27DSQ View Listings

LOVE IT. We are retired and use this 5th wheel very often. We're not full timers, but close enough. The floor plan is awesome. The wood work is very nice, and nicely crafted. The components (fridge, stove, converter, chairs and so on) are of great quality. It tows (hauls) very nicely as well. Inside is so quite. Those 3 inch walls makes a huge difference. We RV yr round and mostly on the Oregon coast. It's gets very chilly at night outside, but you stay nice and toasty inside. We have owned several 5th wheels over the past 17 yrs, and this one is a gem. It's not been trouble free, but Highland Ridge has taken care of our issues. NOT THE DEALERSHIP Where we bought it. Al's Trailers in Salem Oregon, please stay clear of this dealership. If not for the care of Highland Ridge we would not be writing this. We would buy this brand, and floor plan over and again. (though I'm not a fan of pinch and rolled outer walls) after one yr of ownership... WE LOVE THIS OPEN RANGE 3X
- Paul & Brenda Marcus , Oregon

2019-01-12 2016 Palomino Puma 39PFK View Listings

Excellent condition in and out well very good Val is it to park in parking stalls Kitcat anywhere for free everything was excellent condition color carpet new Runs great................................
- Caroline ross, Florida

2019-01-03 2016 Palomino Puma 39PFK View Listings

My husband and I just finished building our first home together, even though we've been married 28 years! He said we should live on-site while the home was being built, so he purchased this travel trailer. Whoever is reading this doesn't know me, but I'll put it THIS way.....THIS GIRL DOESN'T CAMP! So the idea of a "camper" was certainly an eye roll moment for me! My friends actually had bets that I wouldn't last two weeks. However, I am here to say that I stayed in this camper 590 days and it was just fine! The king-sized bed in this camper was actually MORE comfortable than the one we had in our old house! I'm a big cook, so I had to get used to not having a BIG kitchen, but what we had was fine. We are now living in a 4,000 square foot home on 15 acres, and I often look over at the camper and think, "It sure was easier to clean than THIS house!" !!LOL!! I made it 590 days (even though I'm a high-maintenance woman) because it was so comfortable. I loved the setup too! Having the big recliners in front of the TV and HUGE windows along the opposite wall made it feel OPEN and not claustrophobic. My stepson built us a nice deck and we put patio furniture out there and the "Redneck Riveria" was born. Being a woman, the ONLY issue I had was space for clothes and shoes - - but I just didn't keep a lot in the camper and would change out my clothes every few weeks from our storage building. (I'm talking about hanging space for clothes). There is a great chest of drawers at the foot of the bed and LOTS of storage under the bed. There is also a small closet as you come into the camper where you can hang jackets and store umbrellas....so it DOES have storage space! This camper really is comfortable and would make a great "go to" camp in the woods or a nice hunting camp for hunters.
- Helen Dufreche, Louisiana

2018-12-28 2008 Palomino Puma 27DSQ View Listings

I bought the RV to live in and placed it in one location for about 4 months. After that time I have used it very little and it has been under cover and out of the weather. I was very comfortable while living in the RV and it provided plenty of space to move around with ease. It has all the necessary conveniences that I needed. The RV was very reliable and only required the standard upkeep. I am selling the RV due to relocating over seas with my job.
- Ben Williams, Tennessee

2018-10-10 2007 Palomino Puma 39PFK View Listings

I went to purchase this rv. It had a good size dent in rear right hand roof corner, which owner showed me.But it leaks in the wardrobe to the floor.The owner said he didn't know about it. It was never fixed. Also front left window has a small water leak. Slide out roof sags in middle. Beside that good camper for age.
- Jenny Smith, Massachusetts

2018-07-08 2017 Palomino Puma 32RKTS View Listings

We have owned this unit for two years and lived in it for over 4 straight months during the winters in Florida. It has plenty of space for two to live comfortably. BEDROOM: I added a dark vent cover in the bedroom for better sleeping. There is lots of closet space. LIVING ROOM: Large enough to comfortably watch TV from either of the recliners or the couch. KITCHEN/DINETTE: Laid out to provide the best usage of space and allow interaction with others inside. BATH: The shower is large enough for me to use comfortable and I'm 6'2" tall. There is a seat in the back for ladies to sit and shave their legs. OUTSIDE: The power awning is easy to extend or retract. It also has a built-in LED light strip. The outdoor shower has an extra 6' of hose to allow hot and cold showers at the rear of the unit. There are two 30# propane tanks on the front of this unit. Two of us lived in this unit for over 8 months without using both tanks completely. STORAGE: Access to the front and rear storage areas is easy and convenient. SET_UP: The power tongue jack and power stabilizers jacks (front and rear) make set-up fast and easy. Both slides are power and have automatic awnings to protect the seals from weathering.
- James Herbert, Indiana

2018-06-13 2010 Palomino Puma 253FBS View Listings

This is a great RV. Best feature in my opinion is the storage! Even some larger Fifth Wheels do not have the storage this model has. Huge closet in the hallway for hanging clothes. Not just two small ones either side of bed you typically find. Nice enclosed bathroom with ample room. Large pantry and more cabinets throughout. Easily towed, even with a 1/2 ton vehicle. Easy setup with front electric jacks and smooth scissor ones in rear.
- Nancy Tolbert , Colorado

2017-10-23 2017 Palomino Puma 18FBC View Listings

I do NOT recommend anyone buying a Puma by Palomino travel trailer. The very first time we cooked on the stove that has a glass cover with a wood handle, a piece of the handle came off in pieces that it would not be glued back in place; the shower surround was not glued against the wall all the way around and water got behind the surround, the bathroom facet still does not flow properly, when its cold outside the inside of the closets that faces the outside walls hold moisture that your clothes get wet; there are 2 dings in the flooring; the cupboards are too dark when attempting to find things that they need lighting (first time in my life I ever chose dark cupboards), the wall paper in the kitchen area has bubbles in it, and finally, the rubber trim outside the camper split and came off. Considering these factors and not having a vehicle that can tow the camper we weren't able to return the camper for repairs therefore could only give the warranty/support 3 stars. I was excited purchasing our camper and now wish I never bought a Puma by Palomino and I recommend anyone else looking at these campers look them over with a fine tooth comb checking the wall papers, the stove stops, the shower surround, the nicks in the floor etc. when its been delivered to you before you sign to accept the camper.
- Wanda Lutz, Texas

2017-09-13 2015 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We have been very satisfied with the Puma. It has plenty of room. The ac has work well, in extremely summer heat a second ac is a must. Our was already pre-wired making it much easier. I have stayed in it in the winter and the furnace is capable of keeping you warm. Towing is stable with the 4point antisway load leveling hitch.
- Doyle Beckwith, Tennessee

2017-08-15 2016 Palomino Puma 30-RKSS View Listings

3 months off the lot. Slide misalignments, window seals popping out, slide coming apart and now leaks. Never again. Nothing but trouble and excuses.I have had to try and communicate with the manufacturer on a monthly basis.17k worth of rolling firewood.
- Sean Morrison, Delaware

2017-08-15 2016 Palomino Puma 30 RKSS View Listings

Within days of taking delivery had to have service on the slide as it was completely out of alignment and tore the molding off of the window. Within the first 2 weeks noticed wall paper bubbled throughout the camper. In multiple places the trim work is not completed. Now at 3 months off of the dealers lot we have a leak in the walls and a musty smell and the manufacturer warranty specialist hasn't responded in over 24 hours.
- Liza Morrison, Delaware