Palomino Puma

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino Puma RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2021-10-09 2018 Palomino Puma 295BHSS View Listings

Palomino Puma has the worst customer support, the quality of the RV is sub standard to say the least. If you buy one of these I would STRONGLY recommend that you buy some sort of extended warranty because the dealers do not care and the manufacturer after several calls and voice mails never returned my calls... There was leaks on the windows, the plastic used for the vents on the roof disintegrated in the first year of ownership, the decals on the front cap faded with 1 one year... You walk on the roof and you can fell how cheap the structure below is. The strip that cover the screws on the side that hold the roof membrane also disintegrated 18 months after we got our.... I got mine at TravelCamp in Jacksonville Florida... Very nice people until you sign the papers and sign for it... After when you need support or repairs they are the worst... I am not the type of person that does this type of reviews but this whole experience of owning a PALOMINO PUMA was so bad that I had to write this to warm other people... Run from it.
- Roger Kratzh, Florida

2021-09-18 2019 Palomino Puma 32BHKS View Listings

Poorest quality ever, can’t believe it was made in the U.S. All parts must be foreign made. I actually pick this one from others because of obvious workmanship issues on the others. I had to modify my table so it wouldn’t hit the island unless it was in the bed position. Replace refrigerator fan twice, 2.5 years old and had three blowouts. Replace the kitchen faucet, other wouldn’t move left a to right without the whole base turning. Replaced the bypass valve to the freshwater tank. Plastic door frames warped preventing the doors to close. DVD player won’t make through most dvd’s without stopping.
- Dennis Simpson, Arkansas

2021-09-16 2015 Palomino Puma 32DBKS View Listings

The Puma 32dbks was an excellent family friendly camper, plenty of space for us to spend weeks on end in comfortably. Enough Storage to be used a a full time cabin. The durability and functionality was excellent for sleeping us and lots of friends and family!
- KStrong, Minnesota

2021-07-13 2021 Palomino Puma 26RLS View Listings

Purchased a new Puma 26RLS. Had it 2 days. Noticed that there was a bubble in floor. Close examination showed floor cut and glued. Following that the floor began to loudly creak and eventually the floor seemed to have loose boards. We returned the camper. Thankfully got our money back. Very disappointed. Lost money on new tires and rims purchased for it as well as cancellation of insurance. Contacted manufacturer and they basically said so what. You got your money back. They made no apology nor compensation for my time, anguish and loss of money.
- Kathy K, North Carolina

2021-06-26 2021 Palomino Puma 22FKC View Listings

We absolutely love this brand and floor plan. We bought this one for weekend trips to the lake, but soon started traveling much longer trips. We pulled our little camper to over 25 states and around 20K miles, but decided we needed more room if we were going to travel that much. Otherwise, this is a perfect sized camper for a couple for weekends or short trips. We had one issue but PUMA really took care of us and we are serious PUMA fans. I highly recommend this camper if you are looking for a smaller camper with a good floorplan
- J Marsh, Georgia

2021-06-26 2017 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

I love the outside kitchen,the bunks,and for the most part looks of the camper however the workman ship is horrible inside and out fixed way to much to list all I can say is don't waste your time buying this camper buy a jayco instead
- Rick Rommann, Iowa

2021-05-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

The craftsmanship is horrible. The pluming lines are very cheap and every line has busted within the past yr. and we have had to replace all seals. The glass stove top exploded causing burns ! “Manufacturers error” I was told. The large plastic piece over wheels has cracked and broken . The rubber seal is cracked outside and is falling off The wallpaper covering walls and cabinets has bubbled and peeling and this Rv is only a yr old. I am just so suprised that things are so cheaply made. I can’t sell this Rv without fixing these cosmetic things. IN HINDSIGHT I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PUMA
- Glenda Draper, Tennessee

2021-05-04 2017 Palomino Puma 255RKS View Listings

This Puma has a lot of room for a small 5th wheel. A great deal of closet and storage cabinets. It tows very easy and I have not had any problems with it since I bought it. The only drawback was the original mattress was very uncomfortable, but that was easy enough to remedy.
- John Smith, Delaware

2021-03-04 2020 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

We have this very same rv. It’s nice to look at and stay a couple nights in but it’s not worth living in. It’s poorly put together, lots and lots of sawdust everywhere that’s been hidden by pieces of “wall” the water heater is too small, runs out of water before you even get your hair washed out. The DVD player don’t work in any of them according to the dealer... wayyyy over priced. We have a washer and dryer in ours and custom skirting, which costs dearly but does zero for resale value.
- Trenton, Utah

2021-02-04 2021 Palomino Puma 20RLC View Listings

We read the reviews and decided to go look at this one in Atlanta anyway and that turned out to be a good decision. The dealer makes a difference! We chose this unit over many others because it was dual axle, had huge refrigerator and sink, a real bath tub, an electric awning and jack, and sleeping quarters on opposite end from living quarters, with a sleeper sofa and a banquette to eat. Bonus items were a real oven, built in medicine cabinet, stove vent to outside, privacy curtain to bedroom, burner stove with glass cover for ease of food prep, solar panel plug, a great TV antenna, WiFi hook ups and a motion detector in the bathroom for nights .The outside has built in leveling bubbles and manual crank stabilizer feet. It also has a walkable roof (18 year warranty) and fixed ladder. At 20 ft. (We didn’t want to pull more than 20’.) it has everything on our list. We’re amazed at the thought put into this design. We pulled it to NC and spent the night in below freezing temperatures. We had throw rugs on the floors which helped because floors were a little cold, but heater works well. (This unit can come with an extra underbelly cover if you need it.) For the next trip, since we are camping in 20F weather, we will line the walls and floor of the outside storage compartment (to insulate) with rubber backed carpet, as it is directly under the bedroom. So far the only improvement/change we need. Norman Campers was the dealer and we waited two weeks to get this from their family owned lot. They were backed up because they take two days to check all the systems in every single trailer before they send it out. From the reviews I read, I would say the other dealers were not up to this high standard. When we have had it longer, we will update on systems. We are purchasing a cover for short and long term storage.
- Maureen Turner, South Carolina

2021-01-04 2011 Palomino Puma 29F View Listings

This has been a great camper for us. It sleeps 4 people with no problem. It can sleep more but we don't like to use the kitchen table for a bed. It has a queen bed and a twin bed above the queen. The couch folds out to sleep one person really well and 2 if you want to sleep 2. We sleep better in this camper then we do at home. It is very livable. It's easy to tow and everything works. Has a tub / shower with an upgraded shower head. Sink area. Lots of storage and an oven and microwave. We just had several things added or improved: 4 new tires, New electric awning and a new awning Electric jack All new day / night blinds just installed Clean and ready to go down the road. Can pull this camper with a SUV or small truck. You won't be disappointed.
- cyndi thiel, Ohio

2020-12-18 2021 Palomino Puma 39DBT View Listings

The quality is very poor my trimming falling apart my door frame for washer and dryer coming off. door won't close if you looking for destination trailer do a good search see reviews first before buying a junk. For the money i paid i am very disappointed on what i got this's my first trailer and now i understand what i got to look for next time. I got this one back in August and i am thinking in selling it to get something much better for the money.
- Arnaldo Torres, Florida

2020-12-01 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

My wife and I began shopping for campers...had a great sales person from gander camping.. Heard lots of bad things but I myself being retired mechanic and restore boats for a living found the camper to be of great quality...I looked at the door hinges, the walls and paneling, as I am a handyman I found the puma to be built well, definately worth my 35 grand!! Wide floor plan with lots of room, very pretty camper!
- Jim C, Ohio

2020-11-11 2018 Palomino Puma 25FBS View Listings

Love the 5th wheel..very classy looking ..tons of cupboard space ...everything is very comfortable for 2 older adults...the inside and outside look like new after 2.5 years ...well built ...will purchase a puma again
- Lesa kazlauskas, Michigan

2020-11-05 2020 Palomino Puma 257RESS View Listings

Great experience with salesman at the Dealership - no problems so far so I have no idea what to expect since I bought the trailer a long way from home. Hopefully, since this is my first ever trailer, I will have a long, happy relationship with "Ms. Kitty" - so far I am happy, happy, happy!
- Sharon, Texas

2020-10-22 2019 Palomino Puma 25RKSS View Listings

First time out the outdoor speakers blew out with just low volume on the radio. The carbon monoxide detector goes off when the water heater ignites. The electric jacks blow the fuses nearly every time we lower them. We had the dealer fix the trim inside around the doors, but now it's curling up again. The shower pan has a ten inch long crack in it, after only a half dozen uses. The toilet leaked the first time out. The outer trim around the screw channels is peeling off. The DVD player stopped working the fourth time we went camping. We bought this trailer brand new, to replace a 20 year old one that had much less wrong with it than this. We've been getting the run around from the dealer, I suppose if they stall long enough the warranty will expire. We'll never buy another Forest River product again and we are forewarning people: Be wary of ANY new trailers manufactured in the last 5 years. Our dealings with other Forest River owners who have had nothing but problems with their new Forest Rivers has shown us that most of these "budget" trailers (I don't see how $30,000.00 is considered a "budget" trailer) are hastily built, sometimes not even cleaned or completed when they reach the dealership and most have nothing but hassles when dealing with dealers. We are in the works with a "Lemon Law" attorney, but it is a long slow process and we still are paying $250 a month for a trailer we can't use. We're not party-hardy kids, we're in our 50s and wanted something to travel around the country with, we've had this junker out less than a dozen times and less than 300 miles on it and already the trailer is falling apart like a 30 year old one with thousands of miles on it. Never Forest River, Ever Again.
- John Ross, Nevada

2020-10-16 2019 Palomino Puma 26FKDS View Listings

Bought this POS in August 2019. In 14 months it has been in the shop almost half the time. Problems range from power converter to EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL, a gap in the roof, hot water heater issues, stereo, window seals, broken cabinet doors. This is my 4th camper in 24 years and the absolute WORST PIECE OF CRAP of all 4. I WILL NEVER, EVER BUY ANOTHER Forest River product for the rest of my LIFE. Bret Sharp
- Bret Sharp, Arkansas

2020-10-13 2020 Palomino Puma 28BHSS View Listings

I bought this trailer October 2019 after our first trailer was flooded due to a cracked skylight. First thing to go was the wall panels turning yellow. It took me 6 months for Forest River to get it and rebuild it from the original frame up. 52 days later I had to have a new roof put on it. Then the pantry flooded. Now I call Forest River this morning to let them know the ceiling is soaked and wet. My warranty guy advises me that he's been instructed by his boss not to have any conversations or correspondence with me. So what's the problem here. He only says, please don't put me in that position and hung up on me. Please, if you are looking to buy an RV do not buy any Forest River products. Today I have found a different RV to purchase. And I will be no longer dealing with Forest River.
- Robert Allen, Michigan

2020-09-07 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

Owned this RV for 3 weeks and it has no issues. Everything works. Fit and finish was good. Nice layout. Can use the back bunkhouse area as an office. Like the light color interior. Like the power stabilizers.
- Pauldleonard, Michigan

2020-08-04 2021 Palomino Puma 22FKC View Listings

First trip in it was taken weekend of July 31-Aug 2nd. Trailer sits high and catches tons of wind. NOT towable with a 1/2 ton truck for long mileages beyond 60-65mph. I tow with a ‘17 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, and it’s tapping that platform out on power. Wood chips left on top of cabinets from manufacturing, trim pieces not completely attached in a couple of spots. Dealer had to fix leaking fresh water dump valve connection before delivery. For what I paid, $23k and change, although that was cheaper than other brands with similar floor plans, I expect more. Twenty thousand plus dollars for a stick and tin built trailer is a lot, and I feel fit/finish effort should have been greater. Roofing material has bubbles in multiple spots. I suspect due to very poor quantity of roofing adhesive applied during manufacturing process. The EPDM adhesive is cheap stuff so I don’t get skimping on that. The slideout uses an EPDM roof instead of an awning topper. This is good and bad. Bugs and debris will come into the trailer when retracting slide despite the weather stripping that’s in place. I get up on a ladder and broom it off before retracting. The shower stall and solid shower door/wall instead of a curtain is nice. The DC powered frig doesn’t use propane so there is one less sidewall and one less roof vent. This is a win, less bugs intruding since the side vent for a propane frig is a popular spot for insects to enter. iRV radio/DVD unit main screen stopped working during my first trip but I don’t singularly blame Puma for that. Cheap Chinese made junk. Warranty should pickup the tab for another unit. Overall I would buy this unit again but I don’t think I’d purchase it at the same price point.
- Mike Druhl , Texas

2020-07-13 2021 Palomino Puma 382THS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble with this camper! Now with that said. We searched for over three years of getting the wants of me and my husband in one camper lol. The floor plan is perfect with the recliners for him and a kitchen table for me, large enough to haul the Harley around without all the weight. So we bought it May 30 left on June 26 to California from Ohio and June 30 in Albuquerque New Mexico the roof flies off. Well to be more fare the front part of the seam let loose causing the vinyl to flap which in turn busted off the roof vents! To get a hold of any kind of customer service or warranty people was a nightmare. I did give warranty a 5 star for right now because we are on our way to take it back to the factory, Gonna see if their words are true to make this right with us! Now moving on, one tire was bald from where transport drug it, didn’t notice until a few days later. The bald part was always down! Next we are in Arizona the desert and the awning rips. Warranty doesn’t even know about this yet! The bedroom panaling is tore from the wall and bubbles everywhere else practically! The quality of this camper is POOR be on belief. There must not be any quality control person working for forest rivers! Very dissatisfied with our camper! A lot of our problems is not just cosmetic, it had the potential to really hurting someone on the highway! Beware if purchasing a 2021 puma 5th wheel toy hauler! 382THS
- Rebecca McNichols, Ohio

2020-06-21 2018 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

I have owned a few campers and motorhome this is by far the best unit I have owned. The floorpan and the options are great especially the 50 amp option which gives us 2 AC. So far no problems and this unit had every option available so we are happy we bought it loaded.
- Mike Carter, Texas

2020-06-20 2021 Palomino Puma 23FBC View Listings

Tons of little things that should have been caught before it was shipped. Sewer pipe hanging way to low. Should've been tucked closer to frame. Sewer pipe hanger loose.Single sink is terrible idea. Large drain on freshwater tank hangs way to low, will be easy to drag off. Stabilizer jacks barely on frame lip. Should be centered under it. Sloppy fitting glass in widows (cheap garbage). Large glass window in front bedroom and to cheap to add a roof vent. Rubber lp gas hoses underneath stretched so tight you can play music by strumming it. Bumper was so distorted (out of square) took an hour of tweaking to get sewer hose to fit inside it. Lots of places throughout that are not square that should be. I'm sure there will be others but this was all found the first day looking it over.
- John, West Virginia

2020-06-17 2021 Palomino Puma 38RLB View Listings

We did a lot of research before purchasing. We even saw all the negative reviews associated with Forest River Inc. After all the browsing and research we found the Palomino Puma 38rlb. The only available one, because they apparently sell so fast, was a 2021. First of all this destination trailer looks great from the outside for being an aluminum trailer. The graphics and flair moldings on the wheels are an eye catcher. The floor plans offered in these destination trailers are great at the prices they are sold at. Being one of the few offering 4 slide outs is a huge plus. However, let's just say that they should put a little more effort in trying to design a couple of them to extend maybe 4 inches more. The first issue we had was with the main AC unit. It was plugged in backwards. Contacted Puma and the dealer and told them how unacceptable this is for it to be sent to the dealer and leave the factory not being checked. There is also the issue of a lot of staples not being fully into the floor around the carpet. I had to hammer them all fully in. Another issue that seems to fall still on the lack of quality checks is things like trim and walls pulling apart.. From the lack of staples not being fully placed. There are quite a few areas such as access panels that could have actually been used as another source of storage, but after removing the panel you'll notice they used a large space for unnecessarily running walls up and then immediately into the adjacent wall also inside this panel.. Laziness. Another problem area falling on both the dealer and the manufacturer is the lack of cleaning. Inside one of the heater vents was a large pile of wood chippings from the initial drilling of the frame. You'll also find tons of tiny metal shavings all throughout the inside of the trailer. No oversight. I believe these trailers are great and really have a lot of potential, but there needs to be more QAQCS, a little adjustment to overall planning, and I would say adding things like enclosed underbelly or tinted/dual pane windows. Typically, a destination trailer is to be lived in for extended periods - you'd think that'd be the basis around every part of the manufacturing and selling of this product.
- Richard, Texas