Palomino Puma Reviews on RV Insider (50)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Palomino Puma RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Palomino Puma 31DBTS View Listings

unit should have been checked over better, way to many little thing, had to bring it back to the dealer 6 times the first year, now out of warrantee and we have bigger issues,,,,, MFG. blaming dealer,, dealer blaming MFG. bottem line i get the shaft....
- David, Iowa

2020-09-07 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

Owned this RV for 3 weeks and it has no issues. Everything works. Fit and finish was good. Nice layout. Can use the back bunkhouse area as an office. Like the light color interior. Like the power stabilizers.
- Pauldleonard, Michigan

2020-08-04 2021 Palomino Puma 22FKC View Listings

First trip in it was taken weekend of July 31-Aug 2nd. Trailer sits high and catches tons of wind. NOT towable with a 1/2 ton truck for long mileages beyond 60-65mph. I tow with a ‘17 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, and it’s tapping that platform out on power. Wood chips left on top of cabinets from manufacturing, trim pieces not completely attached in a couple of spots. Dealer had to fix leaking fresh water dump valve connection before delivery. For what I paid, $23k and change, although that was cheaper than other brands with similar floor plans, I expect more. Twenty thousand plus dollars for a stick and tin built trailer is a lot, and I feel fit/finish effort should have been greater. Roofing material has bubbles in multiple spots. I suspect due to very poor quantity of roofing adhesive applied during manufacturing process. The EPDM adhesive is cheap stuff so I don’t get skimping on that. The slideout uses an EPDM roof instead of an awning topper. This is good and bad. Bugs and debris will come into the trailer when retracting slide despite the weather stripping that’s in place. I get up on a ladder and broom it off before retracting. The shower stall and solid shower door/wall instead of a curtain is nice. The DC powered frig doesn’t use propane so there is one less sidewall and one less roof vent. This is a win, less bugs intruding since the side vent for a propane frig is a popular spot for insects to enter. iRV radio/DVD unit main screen stopped working during my first trip but I don’t singularly blame Puma for that. Cheap Chinese made junk. Warranty should pickup the tab for another unit. Overall I would buy this unit again but I don’t think I’d purchase it at the same price point.
- Mike Druhl , Texas

2020-07-13 2021 Palomino Puma 382THS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble with this camper! Now with that said. We searched for over three years of getting the wants of me and my husband in one camper lol. The floor plan is perfect with the recliners for him and a kitchen table for me, large enough to haul the Harley around without all the weight. So we bought it May 30 left on June 26 to California from Ohio and June 30 in Albuquerque New Mexico the roof flies off. Well to be more fare the front part of the seam let loose causing the vinyl to flap which in turn busted off the roof vents! To get a hold of any kind of customer service or warranty people was a nightmare. I did give warranty a 5 star for right now because we are on our way to take it back to the factory, Gonna see if their words are true to make this right with us! Now moving on, one tire was bald from where transport drug it, didn’t notice until a few days later. The bald part was always down! Next we are in Arizona the desert and the awning rips. Warranty doesn’t even know about this yet! The bedroom panaling is tore from the wall and bubbles everywhere else practically! The quality of this camper is POOR be on belief. There must not be any quality control person working for forest rivers! Very dissatisfied with our camper! A lot of our problems is not just cosmetic, it had the potential to really hurting someone on the highway! Beware if purchasing a 2021 puma 5th wheel toy hauler! 382THS
- Rebecca McNichols, Ohio

2020-06-21 2018 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

I have owned a few campers and motorhome this is by far the best unit I have owned. The floorpan and the options are great especially the 50 amp option which gives us 2 AC. So far no problems and this unit had every option available so we are happy we bought it loaded.
- Mike Carter, Texas

2020-06-20 2021 Palomino Puma 23FBC View Listings

Tons of little things that should have been caught before it was shipped. Sewer pipe hanging way to low. Should've been tucked closer to frame. Sewer pipe hanger loose.Single sink is terrible idea. Large drain on freshwater tank hangs way to low, will be easy to drag off. Stabilizer jacks barely on frame lip. Should be centered under it. Sloppy fitting glass in widows (cheap garbage). Large glass window in front bedroom and to cheap to add a roof vent. Rubber lp gas hoses underneath stretched so tight you can play music by strumming it. Bumper was so distorted (out of square) took an hour of tweaking to get sewer hose to fit inside it. Lots of places throughout that are not square that should be. I'm sure there will be others but this was all found the first day looking it over.
- John, West Virginia

2020-06-17 2021 Palomino Puma 38RLB View Listings

We did a lot of research before purchasing. We even saw all the negative reviews associated with Forest River Inc. After all the browsing and research we found the Palomino Puma 38rlb. The only available one, because they apparently sell so fast, was a 2021. First of all this destination trailer looks great from the outside for being an aluminum trailer. The graphics and flair moldings on the wheels are an eye catcher. The floor plans offered in these destination trailers are great at the prices they are sold at. Being one of the few offering 4 slide outs is a huge plus. However, let's just say that they should put a little more effort in trying to design a couple of them to extend maybe 4 inches more. The first issue we had was with the main AC unit. It was plugged in backwards. Contacted Puma and the dealer and told them how unacceptable this is for it to be sent to the dealer and leave the factory not being checked. There is also the issue of a lot of staples not being fully into the floor around the carpet. I had to hammer them all fully in. Another issue that seems to fall still on the lack of quality checks is things like trim and walls pulling apart.. From the lack of staples not being fully placed. There are quite a few areas such as access panels that could have actually been used as another source of storage, but after removing the panel you'll notice they used a large space for unnecessarily running walls up and then immediately into the adjacent wall also inside this panel.. Laziness. Another problem area falling on both the dealer and the manufacturer is the lack of cleaning. Inside one of the heater vents was a large pile of wood chippings from the initial drilling of the frame. You'll also find tons of tiny metal shavings all throughout the inside of the trailer. No oversight. I believe these trailers are great and really have a lot of potential, but there needs to be more QAQCS, a little adjustment to overall planning, and I would say adding things like enclosed underbelly or tinted/dual pane windows. Typically, a destination trailer is to be lived in for extended periods - you'd think that'd be the basis around every part of the manufacturing and selling of this product.
- Richard, Texas

2020-05-25 2011 Palomino Puma PT1 View Listings

This is a great first or family camper. Easy to pull and set up. Lots of extras. Nothing but the best. Bunks and queen bed. Shower and tub combo. Tows so well. SUV is all you need. Electric jack and awning. Upgraded blinds. This is the one.
- Thiel Cynthia, Ohio

2020-02-16 2018 Palomino Puma 286RBSS View Listings

We first bought the camper on 08-21-2018 now for brand new the price wasn’t bad and it was the floor plan we liked however we have had nothing but problems since the day we bought it way to many to list on her but as of now the other dealer has it for repairs and has had it for 5 months not their fault of course original dealer actually screwed things up and stole my propane tanks which were full but magically empty when we got it back have had slide out rebuilt 2 times and we have only camped 2 times in it along with the other thousands of dollars it has cost to fix not me personally but the factory and now we are told the roof has to be replaced on the entire camper not happy campers at all!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say it would be cheaper to have them give me my money back or give me a new one but will NEVER buy another puma. you would thing to pay as much for it as you would a car the quality would be so much more we did t make it to the wv ky. Border and had to take it back to get a vent cover replaced and it has cascaded from there
- Jeremy williams, West Virginia

2020-02-03 2020 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

The dealer was great. But the quality of the trailer was thrown together. I gave up a top quality spree for this. Totally unhappy. Now I'm stuck with this. Please check out the trailer well before you purchase.
- Kim Harris , Alabama

2020-01-29 2014 Palomino Puma 259RBSS View Listings

Overall a good entry level camper. Never had an issue with any appliances, ac, heater or water heater. No leaks. Although we store in a carport and inspect roof often. Had to adjust slide a couple of times. Well build unit. Towed about 2500 miles per year on about 7 annual trips. Just sold to upgrade to newer camper. Going to smooth siding instead of metal siding which is always dirty and hard to clean. Had to raise camper 2 inches to fit with out 2500 Ram 4x4.
- John , Georgia

2020-01-20 2019 Palomino Puma 31QBBH View Listings

THE BAD - Roof leaked before first road trip. Shower leaked first time used. Low point drain valve leaked profusely first time out. Refrigerator would not cool down below 40 degrees. Main slide out bottom wooden frame support was broken in two places. After careful examination of the outer shell found silicon smeared all over the camper. Overall very disappointing purchase, seems that quality is way down on the list. It could be we just happen to get a LEMON. THE GOOD - Pulls pretty good. Nice living floor plan. Love the spacious shower.
- Sidney Fee, Kentucky

2020-01-14 2020 Palomino Puma 32BHDB View Listings

This model is spacious but could use more cabinet space in the kitchen. The floors are nice and sturdy no soft spots or sagging. The bedrooms are very spacious for a travel trailer. The bunks are perfect for kids or even adults. Some of the workmanship could use some fine tuning. There was lots of leftover sawdust in the heater floor vents and in the cabinet corners. Some of the cabinet screws were loose and the shower wasn't caulked very well so there was a leak initially. But overall for the money it's a good trailer and I would recommend especially if you have kids.
- Tonya R, Kentucky

2019-12-29 2019 Palomino Puma 31RLQS View Listings

Very cheaply made and unreliable. A/C and Frig went out within 6 mos. Gutters had dip in middle on both sides. Huge gash in the undercover at rear. Slide outs not level. Filthy from factory at pick up. Don't make my mistake and trust anyone. Check everything over twice before accepting it. Still, don't plan on using it much the first year for camping. Make sure you live close to the dealer and have ample time to take it back and forth many times. I read a post about the factory blaming the dealer and vise versa. That is true to my experience. Neither care about you after they have the sale.
- K Sossoman, North Carolina

2019-10-02 2017 Palomino Puma 31BHSS View Listings

This unit has provide my family of 6 a great weekend get away for the past 3.5 years. Very comfortable and spacious. Lots of storage and wonderful layout and amenities.The outdoor kitchen and separate door for the bathroom was essential for a busy family with 4 children.
- Heather Solomon, Michigan

2019-07-18 2014 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We like our camper but had to deal with some issues. We are on our 5th Dometic A/C unit in 5 years. Vinyl peeling off of table cushions, chairs, and trim. Cracks and leaks in skylights, made real cheap. Not sure if I would recommend this RV to a family or friend.
- Tim Detiveaux, Louisiana

2019-06-25 2016 Palomino Puma 253-FBS View Listings

We bought our camper 2 yrs ago have had a lot of problems with water heater found out igniter board is bad. Thought buying so new would not have problems. Not so. Our front of camper paint is turning grey. Looks awful, should have stuck with white.
- Kathy Johnson, Minnesota

2019-06-16 2019 Palomino Puma 37PFL View Listings

We spend a lot of time in the trailer. Lots of room. Trailer is heavy and susceptible to wind The 9” step height is tough on us with bad knees and back problems Disappointed in the Linoleum floor covering it Marks and tears easily. The floor is soft gives when walked across. The Magic Chef microwave has been replaced 4 times and going to have to replace it again. Ceiling fan been replaced 2 times and making noise Window had to be resealed, Poor insulation AC in front will not keep it cool moldings and door frame had to be reattached Veneer on wood rubbing off Dealer doing the repair work no questions asked just multiple trips to bring it in Even with the problems we’ve enjoyed the trailer lots of room very comfortable comfortable they called it a destinations trailer love the homestyle refrigerator and stove
- Tommy Davis , Texas

2019-05-22 2018 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ View Listings

I really would like my money back. nothing but problems. Bought April of 2018 and its been back to dealer more then i have used it. List of problems short in slide causing fuse to blow AC unit didn't work( got fixed loose wire) Pinched gas line Front bedroom wall bowing ( finally fixed second visit to dealer cost me 305.00 Tows like crap. cant stay on road loose control. Really bad on Highway. ( Changed WB and sway control, up graded to they say better one) Still sucks. Just went camping 16th of May thought i was going to die. Door handle to bath room coming apart Kitchen sink now has cracks in corner on both sides towards front. missing trim under medication cabinet in bathroom Main door wouldn't stay shut Think that is about it for now. It has 3 slides lots of room . Worst thing we ever bought. Now called dealer yesterday and haven't heard from them yet. I be happy if they would just buy it back , would not buy another one.
- Greg Seese, Michigan

2019-01-26 2011 Palomino Puma 30RKSS View Listings

We love the floor plan. Wife needs her space in the kitchen and we can be out of her way in the tv room. Tons of storage in main area. Need more room and storage in bedroom. Only complaint on floorplan is thr little room around the bed. Wish there was a slideout for the headboard of queen bed and that would add more bedroom storage. Quality is very good have had no issues with trim and mechanicals. Kept at campground for 3 seasons and 1 snowbird trip to Florida. Been great for family of 3 adults.
- Dan, Wisconsin

2019-01-24 2015 Palomino Puma 39PQB View Listings

I work away from home and live in this trailer so it is my home away from home. We bought it used (2yr old) so we havent had much to do with factory/warranty support. The floor plan is THE BEST you can find for a family with children. The only thing its missing is a dishwasher haha. Ours has a washer dryer in it aswell as a 12 Ga. water heater which you can have a full shower in with out running out of hot water. Lots of inside storage, it pulls excellent for the size and weight. I use a one ton dually and I can tell it’s behind me with that being said Ive never had swaying problems pulling it. We would recommend this rv for anyone with kids that spends an extended amount of time rving, camping, living and looking for an rv. You wont regret it!
- M & C Wadsir, Saskatchewan

2019-01-15 2008 Palomino Puma 27DSQ View Listings

LOVE IT. We are retired and use this 5th wheel very often. We're not full timers, but close enough. The floor plan is awesome. The wood work is very nice, and nicely crafted. The components (fridge, stove, converter, chairs and so on) are of great quality. It tows (hauls) very nicely as well. Inside is so quite. Those 3 inch walls makes a huge difference. We RV yr round and mostly on the Oregon coast. It's gets very chilly at night outside, but you stay nice and toasty inside. We have owned several 5th wheels over the past 17 yrs, and this one is a gem. It's not been trouble free, but Highland Ridge has taken care of our issues. NOT THE DEALERSHIP Where we bought it. Al's Trailers in Salem Oregon, please stay clear of this dealership. If not for the care of Highland Ridge we would not be writing this. We would buy this brand, and floor plan over and again. (though I'm not a fan of pinch and rolled outer walls) after one yr of ownership... WE LOVE THIS OPEN RANGE 3X
- Paul & Brenda Marcus , Oregon

2019-01-12 2016 Palomino Puma 39PFK View Listings

Excellent condition in and out well very good Val is it to park in parking stalls Kitcat anywhere for free everything was excellent condition color carpet new Runs great................................
- Caroline ross, Florida

2019-01-03 2016 Palomino Puma 39PFK View Listings

My husband and I just finished building our first home together, even though we've been married 28 years! He said we should live on-site while the home was being built, so he purchased this travel trailer. Whoever is reading this doesn't know me, but I'll put it THIS way.....THIS GIRL DOESN'T CAMP! So the idea of a "camper" was certainly an eye roll moment for me! My friends actually had bets that I wouldn't last two weeks. However, I am here to say that I stayed in this camper 590 days and it was just fine! The king-sized bed in this camper was actually MORE comfortable than the one we had in our old house! I'm a big cook, so I had to get used to not having a BIG kitchen, but what we had was fine. We are now living in a 4,000 square foot home on 15 acres, and I often look over at the camper and think, "It sure was easier to clean than THIS house!" !!LOL!! I made it 590 days (even though I'm a high-maintenance woman) because it was so comfortable. I loved the setup too! Having the big recliners in front of the TV and HUGE windows along the opposite wall made it feel OPEN and not claustrophobic. My stepson built us a nice deck and we put patio furniture out there and the "Redneck Riveria" was born. Being a woman, the ONLY issue I had was space for clothes and shoes - - but I just didn't keep a lot in the camper and would change out my clothes every few weeks from our storage building. (I'm talking about hanging space for clothes). There is a great chest of drawers at the foot of the bed and LOTS of storage under the bed. There is also a small closet as you come into the camper where you can hang jackets and store umbrellas....so it DOES have storage space! This camper really is comfortable and would make a great "go to" camp in the woods or a nice hunting camp for hunters.
- Helen Dufreche, Louisiana

2018-12-28 2008 Palomino Puma 27DSQ View Listings

I bought the RV to live in and placed it in one location for about 4 months. After that time I have used it very little and it has been under cover and out of the weather. I was very comfortable while living in the RV and it provided plenty of space to move around with ease. It has all the necessary conveniences that I needed. The RV was very reliable and only required the standard upkeep. I am selling the RV due to relocating over seas with my job.
- Ben Williams, Tennessee