Outdoors RV Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (48)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Outdoors RV Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Madsen from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RBS View Listings

Bought this trailer 12/17. Hadn't used it but tried it out in driveway so any problems could be fixed during 90 day acceptance period. Norcold refrig. never did work from the factory on gas. How can they ship this without even testing it? Took 6 weeks to get approval from Norcold and get a replacement. After first trip, I flushed the black tank with provided flush system. Instantly had water blowing out everywhere. Bottom line, the water line was folded over inside the floor and kinked so it blew up. Dealer had to remove the entire bathroom, toilet, sink, shower, cut out floor/wall to repair. (Service department at ORV implied they don't have those kind of problems when I called them at first!) Also toilet drain elbow joint is pulling apart so they gooped it up with more glue to hopefully hold it. Also the frame on the trailer is already rusting badly after just 6 months of sitting in dry weather and but one trip ...more than my previous RV had in 15 years. I had to call the factory to find out what the switches on the control panel did because they were not labeled. I had taken a tour of the factory and found that they really don't have a quality assurance system. They red tape all the defects for the fixit team to repair - hopefully before shipping...much like most manufacturers did 30 years ago. With a little effort and training, it could be good product. I'm sincerely hoping that we get to use the trailer more next season and that our problems are behind us.
- Madsen, Washington

2020-10-26 2018 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 24RKS View Listings

This is the fourth trailer I’ve owned and it is the best towing of the 4. I haven’t had any issues, quality is great. I’ve towed it on a lot of tight narrow roads and it hold the road great. Option of 4 batteries along with solar panels is fantastic. Only drawback I’ve found is the drain valves are a little hard to reach but that’s to protect them I believe. You can’t go wrong buying this trailer.
- Peter Koss, Oregon

2020-10-22 2013 Outdoors RV Creek Side 18CK View Listings

We had this trailer for 7 years and loved every minute of it. Well built sturdy and comfortable. It was hard to let go for health reasons. Love the brand and the quality of the manufacturer. We had the perfect trailer for our needs.
- Lori, Washington

2020-10-02 2013 Outdoors RV Creek Side 18CK View Listings

Love this trailer. We haven't used it as much as I'd like because of health issues that prevented my using it. Exactly what we'd wanted and pulled like a dream with our smaller (than some others have) truck. Great for company and by ourselves.
- Lori Mu, Washington

2020-09-23 2012 Outdoors RV Wind River 2702BS View Listings

Superior construction along with custom frame suspension and brakes makes for excellent rugged off-road RV. I laugh at the review that commented that everything froze up at 20 below. What a joker nowhere does the manufacturer claim that this RV is rated for that kind of temperature. If a person wanted to skirt it in and throw a heater underneath I'm sure you could push the limits somewhat. The only area of no improvement I found so far was the pushrods for the grey and black tanks where is easily bent because travel was not limited and the push rods were a little too long. This was easily remedied by installing limiter clamps
- John Mclaughlin, British Columbia

2020-09-06 2016 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RKS View Listings

Having the fridge right next to the door is great. Pre-wired for solar is also great. Only real issue is everyplace we go mice get in the attic from the front cover. I've left a message with factory but not heard back.
- Jim , Oregon

2020-08-23 2019 Outdoors RV Mountain Series Timber Ridge 23DBS View Listings

OutdoorsRV constructs a well made and thought out trailer. The exterior build and 4 season insulation makes this brand unique from other brands. Steel frame with rugged suspension and shocks allows you to find camping location that would destroy a typical trailer. Also, the tank capacities make it possible to camp for several days without worrying about the need to hook-up and travel to a dump station. Can't go wrong with this brand.
- Colin Crawford, California

2020-07-18 2019 Outdoors RV Black Stone 270RLS View Listings

This is an excellent well crafted and well designed RV. It is not slapped together like other RVs. It tows very nicely and everything in it works well. The insulation is thick and provides a great buffer for cold and heat.
- bill aston, California

2020-07-12 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge Mountain Seires 24RLS View Listings

This RV has been great so far I had two problems one was the fire place went out and was replaced under warranty. The latest issue is I got moisture in one of the windows. Out of warranty and glass manufacture didn’t offer much but manufacture giving me a great deal on the glass and free install. Happy I bought this unit and sold my Keystone money pit with no help from manufacture at all.
- L rome, Colorado

2020-07-10 2020 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 22FQS View Listings

I know negative reviews are oft dismissed but be forewarned. 1st. There is a serious lack of quality control, as in none. The employees are not happy that work there and it translates into their output. Just hop over to Glassdoor to verify this or visit there factory and you will se that there is none. Our new trailer had several issues, some rather egregious, such as missing bolts where the leveling jacks attached o the frame, etc... way worse than the industry standard. 2. There are only 4 dealers that sell this product and they are closely linked to the manufacturer. This means that you will find yourself stonewalled when trying to get your RV fixed. Purely conjecture on my part, but the dealers are family owned and I suspect the relations carry over to the manufacturer. We have emailed the manufacturer twice and have never received any response. 3. I would seriously suspect that the positive reviews here are either fake as the are very general or written by people who have never owned an RV and therefore do not know anything about them. Our new Travel Trailer had several issues right off the lot and was retuned the same weekend for several repairs that never occurred because the dealer decided to stall and play the blame game with the manufacturer, which will of course never talk to you. We pulled ours and paid for and did the repairs ourselves. There were issues with plumbing that was improperly installed and kinked. They put a hole in the roof and then never installed the solar ports. This was because they failed to pull the wiring through and knew this so they just shipped it this way. Valances were not screwed in and fell off as well as the stove grab handle. They stripped and broke the heads off of the clamps that keep the wiring from pinching for the pullout and this caused the wires to be pinched and damaged. They failed to install the bolts for the leveling system to the frame of the trailer causing the plates to bend when using. brake system was not properly adjusted and we had no brakes. Heating system vents were not screwed in. I could actually go on, but I think you get the idea :)
- Pandar, Washington

2020-07-06 2020 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 24RKS View Listings

Purchased the anniversary series in December 2020. Just came back from a month long road trip. Overall, almost everything worked well. The blaring exception is the electric jack. It is going in for a second replacement. Two engineering friends said the diameter of this jack is too small for this trailer. But the factory said this was the only jack that worked with the auto levelers. I'm concerned this will happen again. The only other problems are a cabinet handle that broke because some doors are very hard to open. One cabinet divider piece is already loose because of the force needed to open the door. Some were not hung straight. The unit tows very well. All other systems work well. The 10 gallon water heater makes it possible to take a bath or a long shower. And it quickly recovers. About 20 minutes. I don't like the unsupported floor of the bathtub. Am concerned there will be problems down the road. Most cabinets are solid wood. Others are a little flimsy. If the hitch issue can be resolved, I will give an overall thumbs up. When reporting a problem to the manufacturer, it really helped to have a video of the issue.
- M. Eubanks, Oregon

2020-06-22 2014 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RKS View Listings

The trailer has been totally awesome, very overbuilt , I do mainly off grid camping down nasty roads and this trailer handles no problem. Winter package works great. Definitely tows heavy. I’ve only had to replace the outdoor speakers . That’s the only issue I’ve had with the trailer.
- Allen , Alberta

2020-06-17 2015 Outdoors RV Black Rock 25RLS View Listings

From a faulty furnace, broken bed frame, shower leaked, shower floor not supported, toilet flange bolts pulled out of oversized hole in floor, 4 windows leaked(no butyl tape) , water pump not mounted, water heater j-box with no clamp(started a small fire), several screws through pex pipe, a really bad piece of workmanship. Several calls and emails to factory with no response.
- John Harken, Idaho

2020-05-14 2018 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 23DBS View Listings

Purchased the 23 dbs from Thompson’s RV in Pendleton Oregon. This has been an excellent trailer for Fourseason camping. We have used this trailer in 3 feet of snow and in the blistering desert and it has performed perfectly. The high-quality construction of this trailer has not gone unnoticed. My Family are all travel trailer owners and all of them remark about the high-quality and sturdy construction of the Outdoors RV brand.
- Chris Demianew, Oregon

2020-05-14 2011 Outdoors RV Creek Side 22RB View Listings

Purchased the 2011 Creekside 22RB no and owned it until 2018. The most perfect travel trailer I have ever owned. Put over 30,000 miles on the trailer. Drove and used in every kind of terrain and never had a single problem with any component of the trailer. Outdoors RV produces top-quality travelTrailers it is why we purchased another Outdoors RV and it has been just as exceptional.
- Chris Demianew, Oregon

2020-04-30 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 25RDS View Listings

This a great RV. The 25 RDS has a huge window in the rear where we can dine over looking the river. The reclining theater seating is nice after a long hike or just to nap in. This is a solid constructed RV. I love that it is a local made in Oregon RV. The only dislike is the bright LED lighting above the bed. Wife wanted a bigger walkable bedroom, so we’re upgrading to a 2020 Outdoors RV 280KVS Titanium series. It’s four feet longer (30’ box). This is truly a great product.
- Don C, Washington

2020-04-25 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge Mountain Seires 24RLS View Listings

I bought a 2019 Outdoors RV 24RLS because we like to camp in the winter. We went over Thanks Giving it worked good although ,it would kill 2 deep cycle batteries in 6 hours. Could not make it through the nite. We took it in and they said they couldn't fine anything. So I guess it is not the best for off grid camping for the winter in less you stay plugged in. I have had other campers and they could make for a couple days on 2 batteries this one can not.
- Harold Yutzy, Colorado

2020-04-18 2013 Outdoors RV Wind River 280RLS View Listings

This is a very well built RV, manufactured in La Grande, Oregon. The Wind River, which my husband and owned, was very light weight and easy to haul. The on-demand water heater made is especially nice to get into a campsite and have hot water right after we hooked up. The solar system and LED lights made going off grid very easy. Everything is of better quality than a lot of trailers we looked at before we bought this trailer - right down to the depth of the foam rubber in the cushions. If you're looking for a well-made, easy to pull travel trailer - you should look at Wind River.
- Catherine Wiles, Washington

2020-03-14 2016 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RBS View Listings

Bought this new from Apache RV in Everett. Been out on a lot of short and medium trips, maybe trip 5 we had a small water leak in one of the connection, we turned the pump off and took it in to the dealer to have the repair done. When I went to pick the trailer up they indicated where the issue was and also checked the rest of the connections and all was good. Other wise this trailer is solid. Pulls great. Love the fact the heater does not cycle on all the time at night in the cold temperatures outside. (well insulated ) Will buy another one in a heartbeat. 100% better then my friends Keystones lol
- Peter, Washington

2020-02-06 2020 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 22FQS View Listings

2020 22FQS Anniversary Edition We purchased this because we liked the floorpan and thought Outdoors put pride into what they built however, as noted by others here there is a serious lack of quality control with this company (None to be succinct). We took it out the weekend we purchased it for the shake down and found some of the same things as others have complained about such as, inoperable Furrion system, kinked water lines, ladder was installed as to interfere with the roof vent, they actual forgot to install the solar ports on the roof but did cut the hole for it and then just stretched the rubber roof over the hole, Improper and illegally colored running lights installed, floor registers missing screws after they stripped the holes and just decided to omit them. The dealer is refusing to purchase the items needed to repair, so we are waiting on the manufacturer to send the parts and our brand new Travel Trailer is sitting on the lot waiting to be repaired.
- RT, Washington

2020-01-21 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 25RDS View Listings

We love our Timber Ridge. There were 9-weekend getaway trips last year and no issues. I am meticulous with quality and there were none to report. Of course, there are improvements, but I emailed those to their customer service. The overall quality of the trailer is great. The rear dinette table is huge and provides room for four adults. The 25RDS has a huge window in the rear that gives it a nice touch especially when we are backed up next to a river. Theater seating was a must for lounging on those Pacific Northwest raining days. I would recommend upgrading to the gel-infused memory foam mattress. We sleep better then we do at home. Improvements in covering the switchboard for the pump, awning, etc. would a nice touch like in the Titanium Series. 2020 improved the access to the black and grey water T-handles with the kayak style access ports. This is a solid trailer for the quality feel of a fifth wheel. I read a lot of these reviews. Those who had bad experiences and call Outdoor RV travel trailers junk, I wish they had a better experience. We are looking at upgrading to the 2020 280KVS Titanium Series.
- Don C, Oregon

2019-12-10 2016 Outdoors RV Black Stone 280RKSB View Listings

I have had no problems at all with my Blackstone in the three years I have owned it! Not one! I love my ORV and would recommend anyone looking for a great camper seriously consider one ... the build quality is outstanding. I think their customer service could improve ... I was told a part would be available if I swung by LaGrande on a recent road trip, and it was not. I went a long way out of my way and was disappointed by their indifferent and rather rude treatment when I visited their manufacturing plant.
- Forrest Bathurst, Georgia

2019-11-18 2015 Outdoors RV Creek Side 26RLS View Listings

Absolutely love this trailer. It has great window placement for outdoor viewing, is well-insulated, comfortable, and has a lot of storage! The 8 cubic foot fridge holds so much. The awning covers both doors, the doors have friction hinges (so the wind doesn't slam them).
- Cyndy Treutelaar, California

2019-10-06 2019 Outdoors RV Creek Side 21KVS View Listings

First time RV owner, and the large amount of research I did seemed to pay off. I tend to be a buy it once, buy it right (kill an ant with a sledge hammer) type of consumer. Just finished a first longer trip of 10 days. I have a few very minor warranty problems the trailer is in for currently after the trip and these are basically related to stove/oven and refrigerator issues that could happen to any trailer manufacturer. I would like to see more meter breakdown on battery and tank fills from thirds to maybe quarters or eights? Being a first time owner operator it was a little more difficult to see and control my usage/outputs. Spent five days straight boondocking, the large tanks and the four 6V batteries lasted the entire time. As for electric usage, we left lights on and watched DVD's, kind of like a tow behind apartment. Did I mention we are new to RVing? If more careful I am sure we could go seven+ days without too much problem. The quality of the build seems to be just as advertised. The trailer weight is higher than many but you are towing thicker walled trailer with lots of features and larger tanks. I towed several different times with tanks full, no issues. The trailers was towed very capably by my 2019 F150 with a 3.5 Eco boost. The trailer tow package and the use of the motor and incorporation of the trailer braking worked seamlessly together to make driving for an inexperienced trailer towing person a breeze. We pulled from Sacramento area to Ashland OR and then on to Bandon, Brookings, then into California to Patrick's Point State Park and then MacKerricher State Park. If you look at the roads MacKerricher they are steep, sometimes 10% and very tight turns on Hwy 20. Always fully confident as the truck and trailer worked very well together. While on this trip we ran into several owners of different Outdoors models and they all seemed happy with their units. One person indicated they had towed there unit at least 50,000 miles already, very minor problems to report. In a nutshell (obviously early on) I am very pleased as is my wife. What is the old saying, "happy wife, happy life." We went into this purchase looking for a tent replacement as we are longtime tent campers, and we have successful killed an ant with a sledge hammer. Super excited to be returning to camping after missing it for a few years. I am already getting too big for my britches talking about towing to Alaska after we retire. It is a big world out there!
- Craig Campbell, California

2019-10-05 2014 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23BHS View Listings

Great RV. Good quality, easy to tow. It’s a four season RV and has shock absorbers. We’ve taken it out in cold weather and into the back country with out any problems. Can be towed with a half ton pick up.
- George, California