Outdoors RV

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Outdoors RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Madsen from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RBS View Listings

Bought this trailer 12/17. Hadn't used it but tried it out in driveway so any problems could be fixed during 90 day acceptance period. Norcold refrig. never did work from the factory on gas. How can they ship this without even testing it? Took 6 weeks to get approval from Norcold and get a replacement. After first trip, I flushed the black tank with provided flush system. Instantly had water blowing out everywhere. Bottom line, the water line was folded over inside the floor and kinked so it blew up. Dealer had to remove the entire bathroom, toilet, sink, shower, cut out floor/wall to repair. (Service department at ORV implied they don't have those kind of problems when I called them at first!) Also toilet drain elbow joint is pulling apart so they gooped it up with more glue to hopefully hold it. Also the frame on the trailer is already rusting badly after just 6 months of sitting in dry weather and but one trip ...more than my previous RV had in 15 years. I had to call the factory to find out what the switches on the control panel did because they were not labeled. I had taken a tour of the factory and found that they really don't have a quality assurance system. They red tape all the defects for the fixit team to repair - hopefully before shipping...much like most manufacturers did 30 years ago. With a little effort and training, it could be good product. I'm sincerely hoping that we get to use the trailer more next season and that our problems are behind us.
- Madsen, Washington

2021-06-13 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 22FQS View Listings

First trailer we ever owned. Amazing quality. Biggest kitchen with most storage than any other trailer we looked at. Went to look for a larger RV but could not find one with better storage or counter space. Very roomy for a 22ft living space. 2 adults and a pitbull are very comfortable. USB ports at every area you would need. Even the bathroom is a perfect size. Worth every penny.
- SMyers, Arizona

2021-06-06 2021 Outdoors RV Black Stone Mountain Series 280KVS View Listings

We bought this RV new in Utah on a Saturday while on a well planned family vacation. Unfortunately, before leaving the dealer, the underbelly was flooded by a break in the water tank fill hose. My daughter had a college visit appointment to get to in Arizona on Monday, so we took deliver damaged, knowing that the dealer could not fix until Monday at best. We spent the evening and following Sunday trying to access the broken water line from below per the dealer’s technician recommendation. This was unfortunately not possible. All the while water drained out of the saturated insulation, reminding me of the permanent damage this caused. After 12 hours of that nonsense, trying to access from below, I removed the fireplace and cut a hole in the floor to replace the broken water fill hose, which was a good approach to the repair. We continued on our trip Saturday night. On Monday we lost all trailer braking power coming down a mountain pass. After a life threatening roller coaster ride and overheated truck brakes we made it to the bottom. We stressfully drove on through the valley floors without trailer brakes to get to the college appointment on time. After quite some time troubleshooting, I determined that the brakes had failed due to over greasing of the wheel bearings from the factory. The brake drum assemblies and brake pads were saturated with shiny-new red bearing grease from blown out axle seals from the over greasing hydraulic pressure. All 4 of them were ruined. I replaced all 4 brakes on my unit that day. Sigh. As the trip continued I spent another 9.5 hours thereafter working on various broken parts such as leaking shower caulking, failed pop out seals, a broken propane tank replacement, a broken toilet seat, a hole in the pop out roof from construction debris, holes in the “sealed” underbelly you could put a hand through, broken stabilizer jacks, a broken cook stove part, fallen shades (stripped screw holes), loose fridge cabinet panels, broken cabinet doors, and the list goes on and on. I presented my issues to Outdoors RV service manager at their factory, in a comprehensive report with photographs snd receipts. They got Dexter Axle to cover the brake parts cost (around $450), and they agreed to pay for the toilet seat, propane tank, and waterline parts (around $200). The labor reimbursement was left as a “possibility” of reimbursement (would be an exception to their policy). When I received the check there was no labor reimbursement and the propane tank reimbursement was also omitted. I contacted Outdoors RV and they apologized for missing the propane tank reimbursement and said they would send it (not received as of yet, a couple months after the new purchase issues. Hopefully they will send it soon). They also informed me that they would not be able to reimburse me for fair shop labor rates for the waterline issue, or the brake replacement, as I had requested, as they would not make an exception to their policy. I dealt with a lot of problems on a brand new and very expensive camper trailer. All I asked for labor reimbursement on was the 2 biggest and most unacceptable problems: the water line flood repair, and the brake failure. Instead, Outdoors RV only provided under $200 for all these issues… for the waterline parts and a toilet seat, as Dexter Axle paid for the brake parts, not Outdoors RV. In the first few days of ownership I spent thousands of dollars to repair this new RV (including the tools needed to do it). In the first few days of ownership this new RV nearly killed my entire family when the brakes gave out on a winding mountain pass. In the first few days of ownership this new RV took up around 40 hours of my precious, rare, vacation time. And that cannot be replaced. I owned a Keystone Springdale of similar size for 9 years prior to this, and even lived in it for an Alaska winter. I paid about 300% more for this Outdoors RV than I did for that Keystone, and yet I had more problems with the Outdoors RV in the first few days of ownership than I did in all the years of ownership with the Keystone. Though the Outdoors RV service manager was kind and professional, I am sorely disappointed with the Outdoors RV quality control, and the “resolution” to my warranty claim. I will not likely buy another Outdoors RV in the future. I’ll buy another Keystone instead.
- William Winsor, Alaska

2021-06-04 2016 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23BHS View Listings

I bought an Outdoors RV brand RV because I heard good reviews about their quality. Most of the interior is well made but exterior and structure are of a very poor quality. First thing I noticed was one of the aluminum trim pieces hanging down on the edge. When I checked some of the screws were not actually hitting anything other than the wrap on the bottom of the RV. Outdoors RV manufacturers don't even bother screwing into structure. Then after 4 years of ownership the front curved Fiberglas panel just pulled out from under the aluminum strip that is at the transition between the rubber roof and front curved panel. I checked all sealed edges before storing the RV for the winter and there was still a good seal on the joint. But over winter under the cover the panel separated and ripped the sealant since sealant was the only thing keeping the roof and front panel connected. Then some water got inside limited only by the cover I put on for the winter. Dealer wants many thousands of dollars to fix the issue and ORV don't cover their defects past first year. Outdoors RV is not worth the premium price they charge for their RVs as they leak more than much cheaper RVs. I liked the large water tanks and drain valves located inside heated space. However the water pipes for draining they system hang down outside the floor and can freeze. It is strange that after going through the trouble of making sure the drain valves are inside the heated space ORV would put water pipes exposed and uninsulated outside. Another unexpected problem is the insulated shower door. It sounded good to protect the shower with insulated door but it has been a recurring problem. The door has a water tight seal on the door but compartment is opened to the inside. If shower leaks even slowly the outdoor shower box gets filled up with water and water pours inside the RV without you knowing it. So if your family members left a slow drip in the outdoor shower you wake up to a flooded interior of the RV on ORV models while any other outdoor shower would just drain to the outside where no damage is done and you can see the drip. Another problem was with poorly supported water heater. The water heater broke off from the wall mountings due to weight of the water and leaned back inside the RV. All water from the water heater exterior was channeled inside the RV. Several of our extended family bought RVs so we could go camping together so I got to see what other people had problems with. My Outdoors RV had more problems than cheaper RV brands from the big RV manufacturers. With ORV I paid a premium for a product of lower quality.
- Sergey Zuyev, Washington

2021-05-21 2011 Outdoors RV Creek Side 18CK View Listings

I’ve seen a lot of trailers in my day. But our 2011 creekside is the best trailer I have ever seen. Quality of this trailer trumps all others of its size and age. Its a little heavy, but that just stands to the quality. Still going strong 10 years later with heavy use. No breakdowns and everything is still working great. Will never trade.
- Dan Tadashi, Alberta

2021-05-14 2021 Outdoors RV Black Stone Mountain Series 280KVS View Listings

Loved the kitchen in this RV, no cupboards to look under! One of the few travel trailers under 40 feet with a built in closet. Plenty of room in the shower to move around. Large fridge and freezer. Could easily live in full time. Large storage compartments.
- Vimlan, California

2021-05-13 2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak F26RKS View Listings

Love the design and layout... Put together as cheap as possible and things only lasted about a year. Lost all fans at 13, 15, 16 months. Sensors in Black and gray water always show 2-3... Windows are horrible to slide and started leaking at 14 months. I think we got the last on the line - throw what is left in it and see if some fool buys it... Customer support has been dismal.
- James Scott, South Dakota

2021-05-07 2013 Outdoors RV Wind River 250RLSW View Listings

Great trailer, we have put lots of kilometers on it since I bought it. The only problem we have had was when the mother board on the hot water on demand decided to go on the blink. Windy tows exceptionally well. Great well built trailer. I will definatly get another wind river. Really to bad they quit making them. Hopefully in the future the wint river will return!
- Keyton, British Columbia

2021-04-17 2021 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 22FQS Titanium View Listings

First of all I'd want to preface this review by saying I am a real buyer, not a schill for ORV. After owning 2 TC's, one 5er and one other TT, we have figured out the TT is best for our puposes. So after the 5er experience, we researched many TT manufacturers and floor plans. We landed on two RV manuf's that we felt built the best product, ORV being one of them and found the 22FQS had the best layout and length for our needs.And the amenities that come with the Titanium Package was worth every penny! We ordered it from Holliday RV in Poncha Springs, CO. August of 2020. We finally received it in Nov. of 2020. Took it immediately down to the TX coast and back to CO, that was a two week trip. No problems except found the Lippert self leveling unit a bit finicky. Had to re-zero it a couple times. Love the spacious solid surface countertop and all the windows including the front at the head of the bed. The reading lingt over the bed are the touch type, just touch them and they come on! The shower is perfect size and the 10 gal. w/h gives you plenty of hot water. TV and stereo are simple to use, plenty of storage for the two of us. I mean we are organized! Went thru two days of rain and no leaks anywhere. We used both the a/c and the heater, worked great.Towing the thing is like butter with our F250. Use a Blue Ox WDH and went thru a lot of high wind and a LOT of bad roads but with the KYB shocks and the 16" tires it towed like a dream. Dry camped outside Del Rio two nights and the two solar panels kept our two 6V AGM's full and effective. Made it home with no problems except for one wardrobe latch loosened (big deal). Crawled under and checked the underbelly and found a couple places where I tightened a couple bolts on the coroplast and caulked a couple places but that was IT! Then we took it to Arkansas and Missouri on another two week trip, and performed flawlessly, zero problems. We feel we made a great decision to buy an OutdoorsRV and are looking forward to some good boondocking this summer. I gave 5 stars on warranty/support for two reasons. First when we were waiting for ours to be built, I called ORV directly twice to get some specific questions answered and was treated with kindness by knowledgeable people and got answers. Secondly, they have a 1-2-3 warranty. 1 year hitch to bumper, 2 year wall and structure,3 year on custom chassis. Finally, we've only owned it for less than a year and towed it a total of around 4000 miles, but after two shake down trips, everything is A-OK, all systems go!. So far I would recommend ORV to anyone.
- Matt Day, Colorado

2021-03-14 2016 Outdoors RV Wind River 270CISW View Listings

3 years in our RV has been really incredible we love the floor plan the features so far everything is worked really well the build quality is pretty decent there were some minor flaws with some of the carpentry which we had fixed but other than that it's been a great trailer.
- Dale Hamilton, Alberta

2021-03-13 2021 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 260KVS View Listings

We purchased our 2021 260KVS in August 2020 from Camping World, Fort Worth. This mistake alone is worthy of its own post. To make a long story short, ORV has a quality control issue when it comes to units rolling out the factory door. We have already replaced four of our double-pain windows. (Covered under warranty). Rust. The frame our trailer is built on is rusting at an accelerated rate. Outdoors RV said it was not there issue. So prospective buyers “Beware”. Be ready financially to treat and paint the frames of brand new trailer. We have owned it six months and exposed one time to wet roads. It sits stored in a dry metal building out of the elements.
- Jason Sharp, Texas

2021-02-28 2019 Outdoors RV Creek Side 21RD View Listings

Although I have only owned two travel trailers(the other one being a Casita) I have been in and around many. For me this was the perfect unit. Well built, no slides, and very nice to tow. I have several friends that have travel trailers and every one of them have stated that they wished they had looked further after seeing my unit. The countertops, windows, the use of wood instead of plastics, screws and not staples, insulation, and a frame built for the model...not some catchall frame. Most of them have their trailers up for sale and are going the Outdoors RV route. I'm very happy that I did.
- Rick Nelson, Oregon

2021-01-06 2014 Outdoors RV Black Stone 19B View Listings

Only had this a short time but have had RV'S for years. Here is the good and the not so good. Cutting corners ( read cheap) 1) Why no drawers in the cabinet beside bed 2) Why do you need to unscrew panels to access H.W.T valving 3) How can you call a RV with single windows a 4 season RV, everything gets so steamy immediately in cool damp weather 4) No 12v battery shut off switch as advertised. 5) Other owners have reported it's hard to get the overhead light bulbs out and new ones in, Reason.... The non LED bulbs get so hot the melt the plastic clips which hold them in place. 6)The cupboard that stores the dishes has a single unsupported piece of very piece of plywood as a shelf to place the dishes. The plywood bends and all the dishes slide to the centre. 7)Only one small drawer in the three storage places under the dinette. 8) The propane detector which has an automatic shut down after a specified time has a electrical feed wire which is so short you have to take the cabinet apart to replace same. The Good 1)You started with a very good product which you charged a premium price for, that's fair, then you cut corners as above and made it feel cheap. 2)The solid fiberglass walls are very good. 3) The curved roof is a nice feature 4) The unit looks good driving down the road. I have found pieces of scrap wood behind the paneling, framing with a knot so large there is no strength left. I was really hoping to feel really good about my purchase, unfortunately this is just another great RV that was cheapened in an effore to save mnoney.
- Paul Harraway, British Columbia

2020-12-08 2019 Outdoors RV Creek Side 21RD View Listings

This is a great RV. After 6 months of extensive use, nothing has needed repair. Well-insulated. Double pane windows eliminate condensation. High level of craftsmanship is evident in finishes and joints between surfaces in interior/exterior. Love the real wood cabinetry. As a first time RV buyer, I had read many forum comments, saying to expect a number of repairs or punchlist items with an new RV. But apparently quality control at Outdoors RV is a level above. I spent 5 months, maybe 20 hours a week, visiting RV dealerships with 250 miles, but I kept coming back to the apparent quality and extra insulation and double pane windows of Outdoor RVs. Sumner RV dealership was great to work with too. Warranty is supposed to be great too, but I have never had the need to use it, so I can’t comment on that. Very happy with purchase.
- R., Oregon

2020-10-26 2018 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 24RKS View Listings

This is the fourth trailer I’ve owned and it is the best towing of the 4. I haven’t had any issues, quality is great. I’ve towed it on a lot of tight narrow roads and it hold the road great. Option of 4 batteries along with solar panels is fantastic. Only drawback I’ve found is the drain valves are a little hard to reach but that’s to protect them I believe. You can’t go wrong buying this trailer.
- Peter Koss, Oregon

2020-10-22 2013 Outdoors RV Creek Side 18CK View Listings

We had this trailer for 7 years and loved every minute of it. Well built sturdy and comfortable. It was hard to let go for health reasons. Love the brand and the quality of the manufacturer. We had the perfect trailer for our needs.
- Lori, Washington

2020-10-05 2019 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak F26RKS Titanium View Listings

Pulls great, all season livability, solar package is awesome, interior quality is good, very few issues since new. The bed is extremely comfortable. Overall it's a very nice 5th wheel with everything you ever need, tow your home to wherever you want to go.
- Greg, Colorado

2020-10-02 2013 Outdoors RV Creek Side 18CK View Listings

Love this trailer. We haven't used it as much as I'd like because of health issues that prevented my using it. Exactly what we'd wanted and pulled like a dream with our smaller (than some others have) truck. Great for company and by ourselves.
- Lori Mu, Washington

2020-09-23 2012 Outdoors RV Wind River 2702BS View Listings

Superior construction along with custom frame suspension and brakes makes for excellent rugged off-road RV. I laugh at the review that commented that everything froze up at 20 below. What a joker nowhere does the manufacturer claim that this RV is rated for that kind of temperature. If a person wanted to skirt it in and throw a heater underneath I'm sure you could push the limits somewhat. The only area of no improvement I found so far was the pushrods for the grey and black tanks where is easily bent because travel was not limited and the push rods were a little too long. This was easily remedied by installing limiter clamps
- John Mclaughlin, British Columbia

2020-09-06 2016 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RKS View Listings

Having the fridge right next to the door is great. Pre-wired for solar is also great. Only real issue is everyplace we go mice get in the attic from the front cover. I've left a message with factory but not heard back.
- Jim , Oregon

2020-08-29 2019 Outdoors RV Trail Series 22TRX View Listings

This is by far the best RV we've owned. Incredible high quality construction by Outdoors RV, and it's the perfect length to give enough space to be comfortable while still being short enough to easily maneuver into boondocking spaces and National Parks. The onboard generator, dual rooftop solar panels, huge water capacities, and extra thick insulation make for a 4 season camper like no other!
- Kyle Ries, Colorado

2020-08-23 2019 Outdoors RV Mountain Series Timber Ridge 23DBS View Listings

OutdoorsRV constructs a well made and thought out trailer. The exterior build and 4 season insulation makes this brand unique from other brands. Steel frame with rugged suspension and shocks allows you to find camping location that would destroy a typical trailer. Also, the tank capacities make it possible to camp for several days without worrying about the need to hook-up and travel to a dump station. Can't go wrong with this brand.
- Colin Crawford, California

2020-07-30 2018 Outdoors RV Mountain Series 18RBS View Listings

Bought this February 2018 (in Seattle) at the RV show, but didn't use it until June. It replaced a Jayco that we had tons of issues with (saved for another review). What impressed us about this trailer was that unlike the Jayco, it seemed to be built like a tank. And indeed, it's porky for its length. Only real design-related issue we did not like was the bed facing sideways instead of lengthwise, making it harder to get in and out of without climbing over the wife, and harder to make the bed. But we knew about this when we bought it so it. In 2 years of ownership, the ONLY things that went wrong were related to user error: 1) An errant cast iron frying pan popped the staples out of the side of the kitchen cabinet. I fixed with with some nice brass screws. 2) One of the screws holding the bumper pad above a drawer handle under the dinette seat ripped out from getting in and out of the seat (a side effect of short legs). Fixed that issue as well. Otherwise, this short and somewhat heavy trailer was great. I say was because someone stole it earlier this month. Huge bummer all the way around. We'll miss it.
- Seth Eisenberg, Washington

2020-07-18 2019 Outdoors RV Black Stone 270RLS View Listings

This is an excellent well crafted and well designed RV. It is not slapped together like other RVs. It tows very nicely and everything in it works well. The insulation is thick and provides a great buffer for cold and heat.
- bill aston, California

2020-07-12 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge Mountain Seires 24RLS View Listings

This RV has been great so far I had two problems one was the fire place went out and was replaced under warranty. The latest issue is I got moisture in one of the windows. Out of warranty and glass manufacture didn’t offer much but manufacture giving me a great deal on the glass and free install. Happy I bought this unit and sold my Keystone money pit with no help from manufacture at all.
- L rome, Colorado