Outdoors RV Reviews on RV Insider (45)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Outdoors RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Madsen from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RBS View Listings

Bought this trailer 12/17. Hadn't used it but tried it out in driveway so any problems could be fixed during 90 day acceptance period. Norcold refrig. never did work from the factory on gas. How can they ship this without even testing it? Took 6 weeks to get approval from Norcold and get a replacement. After first trip, I flushed the black tank with provided flush system. Instantly had water blowing out everywhere. Bottom line, the water line was folded over inside the floor and kinked so it blew up. Dealer had to remove the entire bathroom, toilet, sink, shower, cut out floor/wall to repair. (Service department at ORV implied they don't have those kind of problems when I called them at first!) Also toilet drain elbow joint is pulling apart so they gooped it up with more glue to hopefully hold it. Also the frame on the trailer is already rusting badly after just 6 months of sitting in dry weather and but one trip ...more than my previous RV had in 15 years. I had to call the factory to find out what the switches on the control panel did because they were not labeled. I had taken a tour of the factory and found that they really don't have a quality assurance system. They red tape all the defects for the fixit team to repair - hopefully before shipping...much like most manufacturers did 30 years ago. With a little effort and training, it could be good product. I'm sincerely hoping that we get to use the trailer more next season and that our problems are behind us.
- Madsen, Washington

2020-06-22 2014 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RKS View Listings

The trailer has been totally awesome, very overbuilt , I do mainly off grid camping down nasty roads and this trailer handles no problem. Winter package works great. Definitely tows heavy. I’ve only had to replace the outdoor speakers . That’s the only issue I’ve had with the trailer.
- Allen , Alberta

2020-06-17 2015 Outdoors RV Black Rock 25RLS View Listings

From a faulty furnace, broken bed frame, shower leaked, shower floor not supported, toilet flange bolts pulled out of oversized hole in floor, 4 windows leaked(no butyl tape) , water pump not mounted, water heater j-box with no clamp(started a small fire), several screws through pex pipe, a really bad piece of workmanship. Several calls and emails to factory with no response.
- John Harken, Idaho

2020-05-14 2018 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 23DBS View Listings

Purchased the 23 dbs from Thompson’s RV in Pendleton Oregon. This has been an excellent trailer for Fourseason camping. We have used this trailer in 3 feet of snow and in the blistering desert and it has performed perfectly. The high-quality construction of this trailer has not gone unnoticed. My Family are all travel trailer owners and all of them remark about the high-quality and sturdy construction of the Outdoors RV brand.
- Chris Demianew, Oregon

2020-05-14 2011 Outdoors RV Creek Side 22RB View Listings

Purchased the 2011 Creekside 22RB no and owned it until 2018. The most perfect travel trailer I have ever owned. Put over 30,000 miles on the trailer. Drove and used in every kind of terrain and never had a single problem with any component of the trailer. Outdoors RV produces top-quality travelTrailers it is why we purchased another Outdoors RV and it has been just as exceptional.
- Chris Demianew, Oregon

2020-04-30 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 25RDS View Listings

This a great RV. The 25 RDS has a huge window in the rear where we can dine over looking the river. The reclining theater seating is nice after a long hike or just to nap in. This is a solid constructed RV. I love that it is a local made in Oregon RV. The only dislike is the bright LED lighting above the bed. Wife wanted a bigger walkable bedroom, so we’re upgrading to a 2020 Outdoors RV 280KVS Titanium series. It’s four feet longer (30’ box). This is truly a great product.
- Don C, Washington

2020-04-25 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge Mountain Seires 24RLS View Listings

I bought a 2019 Outdoors RV 24RLS because we like to camp in the winter. We went over Thanks Giving it worked good although ,it would kill 2 deep cycle batteries in 6 hours. Could not make it through the nite. We took it in and they said they couldn't fine anything. So I guess it is not the best for off grid camping for the winter in less you stay plugged in. I have had other campers and they could make for a couple days on 2 batteries this one can not.
- Harold Yutzy, Colorado

2020-04-18 2013 Outdoors RV Wind River 280RLS View Listings

This is a very well built RV, manufactured in La Grande, Oregon. The Wind River, which my husband and owned, was very light weight and easy to haul. The on-demand water heater made is especially nice to get into a campsite and have hot water right after we hooked up. The solar system and LED lights made going off grid very easy. Everything is of better quality than a lot of trailers we looked at before we bought this trailer - right down to the depth of the foam rubber in the cushions. If you're looking for a well-made, easy to pull travel trailer - you should look at Wind River.
- Catherine Wiles, Washington

2020-03-14 2016 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RBS View Listings

Bought this new from Apache RV in Everett. Been out on a lot of short and medium trips, maybe trip 5 we had a small water leak in one of the connection, we turned the pump off and took it in to the dealer to have the repair done. When I went to pick the trailer up they indicated where the issue was and also checked the rest of the connections and all was good. Other wise this trailer is solid. Pulls great. Love the fact the heater does not cycle on all the time at night in the cold temperatures outside. (well insulated ) Will buy another one in a heartbeat. 100% better then my friends Keystones lol
- Peter, Washington

2020-02-06 2020 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 22FQS View Listings

2020 22FQS Anniversary Edition We purchased this because we liked the floorpan and thought Outdoors put pride into what they built however, as noted by others here there is a serious lack of quality control with this company (None to be succinct). We took it out the weekend we purchased it for the shake down and found some of the same things as others have complained about such as, inoperable Furrion system, kinked water lines, ladder was installed as to interfere with the roof vent, they actual forgot to install the solar ports on the roof but did cut the hole for it and then just stretched the rubber roof over the hole, Improper and illegally colored running lights installed, floor registers missing screws after they stripped the holes and just decided to omit them. The dealer is refusing to purchase the items needed to repair, so we are waiting on the manufacturer to send the parts and our brand new Travel Trailer is sitting on the lot waiting to be repaired.
- RT, Washington

2020-01-25 2019 Outdoors RV Creek Side Titanium View Listings

I bought this unit Sep 2018. Went on a few short trips and everything seemed fantastic. Then I took the camper to Oregon. I woke up with water all over the counters. At first I thought there was condensation so I ignored it. Came back to Colorado and no issues. Went back to Oregon and this time it had been raining a bunch and I saw the water coming in at the corners of the window. Then a USB port that had not been used was found to be defective. By December I returned to Colorado and then the Norco frig stopped working. So camper is a year and a half old and one would never think that such things would need repairing so soon. The dealership could not find the leaks but sealed the window in spots that they thought would be the cause. The frig needed a new board and the USB had a broken wire. No warranties for these things and the dealership was not interested in keeping a client. I called the mfg myself and no return calls. This unit is glassy eye pretty but poor quality built.
- , Colorado

2020-01-21 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 25RDS View Listings

We love our Timber Ridge. There were 9-weekend getaway trips last year and no issues. I am meticulous with quality and there were none to report. Of course, there are improvements, but I emailed those to their customer service. The overall quality of the trailer is great. The rear dinette table is huge and provides room for four adults. The 25RDS has a huge window in the rear that gives it a nice touch especially when we are backed up next to a river. Theater seating was a must for lounging on those Pacific Northwest raining days. I would recommend upgrading to the gel-infused memory foam mattress. We sleep better then we do at home. Improvements in covering the switchboard for the pump, awning, etc. would a nice touch like in the Titanium Series. 2020 improved the access to the black and grey water T-handles with the kayak style access ports. This is a solid trailer for the quality feel of a fifth wheel. I read a lot of these reviews. Those who had bad experiences and call Outdoor RV travel trailers junk, I wish they had a better experience. We are looking at upgrading to the 2020 280KVS Titanium Series.
- Don C, Oregon

2020-01-06 2017 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak F26RKS Titanium View Listings

Ordered a new 2017 glacier peak 5th wheel. Electrical issue before we left the lot. Since then, it's been in the shop more that it's been on the road. As of today, we still can't use it. Definitely the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. Wouldn't buy another and wouldn't recommend this company. Junk, junk, junk.
- Bill, California

2019-12-10 2016 Outdoors RV Black Stone 280RKSB View Listings

I have had no problems at all with my Blackstone in the three years I have owned it! Not one! I love my ORV and would recommend anyone looking for a great camper seriously consider one ... the build quality is outstanding. I think their customer service could improve ... I was told a part would be available if I swung by LaGrande on a recent road trip, and it was not. I went a long way out of my way and was disappointed by their indifferent and rather rude treatment when I visited their manufacturing plant.
- Forrest Bathurst, Georgia

2019-12-03 2016 Outdoors RV Black Stone 270CISB View Listings

This a GREAT glamping RV. It is well built with top quality features. We installed roof vents, a water filter and some features to make the closets more usable for us. Unfortunately, we have to give it up due to medical issues. Great for an overnight trip or an extended stay. Great RV.
- Gary, Nevada

2019-11-26 2016 Outdoors RV Black Stone 270CISB View Listings

We have owed this RV since it was new. It is VERY well made and has a remote to help setup and breakdowns. The remote controls the slideouts and stabilizers, a real one man operation. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom is easy to use. We have not put hard use on this RV but it is very sturdy and the heating system is oversized so you will not get cold in the winter. VERY PLEASED...
- Gary Blackburn, Nevada

2019-11-18 2015 Outdoors RV Creek Side 26RLS View Listings

Absolutely love this trailer. It has great window placement for outdoor viewing, is well-insulated, comfortable, and has a lot of storage! The 8 cubic foot fridge holds so much. The awning covers both doors, the doors have friction hinges (so the wind doesn't slam them).
- Cyndy Treutelaar, California

2019-10-06 2019 Outdoors RV Creek Side 21KVS View Listings

First time RV owner, and the large amount of research I did seemed to pay off. I tend to be a buy it once, buy it right (kill an ant with a sledge hammer) type of consumer. Just finished a first longer trip of 10 days. I have a few very minor warranty problems the trailer is in for currently after the trip and these are basically related to stove/oven and refrigerator issues that could happen to any trailer manufacturer. I would like to see more meter breakdown on battery and tank fills from thirds to maybe quarters or eights? Being a first time owner operator it was a little more difficult to see and control my usage/outputs. Spent five days straight boondocking, the large tanks and the four 6V batteries lasted the entire time. As for electric usage, we left lights on and watched DVD's, kind of like a tow behind apartment. Did I mention we are new to RVing? If more careful I am sure we could go seven+ days without too much problem. The quality of the build seems to be just as advertised. The trailer weight is higher than many but you are towing thicker walled trailer with lots of features and larger tanks. I towed several different times with tanks full, no issues. The trailers was towed very capably by my 2019 F150 with a 3.5 Eco boost. The trailer tow package and the use of the motor and incorporation of the trailer braking worked seamlessly together to make driving for an inexperienced trailer towing person a breeze. We pulled from Sacramento area to Ashland OR and then on to Bandon, Brookings, then into California to Patrick's Point State Park and then MacKerricher State Park. If you look at the roads MacKerricher they are steep, sometimes 10% and very tight turns on Hwy 20. Always fully confident as the truck and trailer worked very well together. While on this trip we ran into several owners of different Outdoors models and they all seemed happy with their units. One person indicated they had towed there unit at least 50,000 miles already, very minor problems to report. In a nutshell (obviously early on) I am very pleased as is my wife. What is the old saying, "happy wife, happy life." We went into this purchase looking for a tent replacement as we are longtime tent campers, and we have successful killed an ant with a sledge hammer. Super excited to be returning to camping after missing it for a few years. I am already getting too big for my britches talking about towing to Alaska after we retire. It is a big world out there!
- Craig Campbell, California

2019-10-05 2014 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23BHS View Listings

Great RV. Good quality, easy to tow. It’s a four season RV and has shock absorbers. We’ve taken it out in cold weather and into the back country with out any problems. Can be towed with a half ton pick up.
- George, California

2019-08-20 2012 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RKS View Listings

Very happy with my ORV 23RKS! The build quality, design, strength and durability is top notch. Having owned it for over 4 years, it would be hard to even consider anything other than a Northwoods MFG/ORV product! It’s a heavy unit for the size (which should tell you something), coming in at 8500lbs loaded and the tongue weight north of 1500lbs. Comes with 5,200lb dexter axles and Goodyear tires - and with the northwood-built heavy frame...this thing tows and tracks superb! Basically 3/4 ton territory only (my tv is a duramax, and it breaks a sweat in the hills). I truly believe these trailers are built above and beyond anything else comparable, and this really shows in the small details you don’t think of. My unit is 7 years old and the fiberglass and decals show zero signs of fading or cracking, meaning they use higher quality stuff. I haul kayaks on a custom roof rack lag bolted to the roof, no issues! I have a rear hitch and bike rack on the sturdy bumper. I looked under a brand new Jayco Eagle the other day...the underbelly wasn’t nearly as tidy and cold weather designed and finished as mine. Plus, this trailer has large tanks, and lots of them! Factory solar panel and dual batteries is great for off grid. I also installed two remote control maxxfan units and a BAL undermount spare tire. But the true testament is the unbelievably rough back roads I’ve taken my unit down...all without issues. The interior cabinets are strong and well built, never an issue with anything! A lightweight trailer would have fallen apart on me long ago. If you truly want a well made camper that will last (which seems to be rare nowadays), buy an ORV or Northwood unit and have confidence knowing you bought the best.
- John, Saskatchewan

2019-08-16 2018 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 21FQS View Listings

This RV is the perfect couples trailer. All holding tanks are heated and insulated and the fresh water tank has a heat pad for really cold nights. This is probably one of the best built RVs on the market today. Outdoors RV Mfg builds their own frames. They do not outsource that critical part of the manufacturing process. Fit and Finish is far above 85% of RVs being made today. Outdoors puts shocks on all four wheels as well as a Mor-Ryde suspension between the leaf springs. Very smooth towing experience a well as being easier on tires. Rear observation camera lets you know what is going on behind you at all times. Roof is incredibly solid, with 5 inches of insulation. I've had this RV in frigid, snowy weather and have stayed very cozy. I would definitely buy from Outdoors RV again as their warranty support has been second to none. There is no " perfect RV" out there. Every RV has issues. It has been very comforting to me that Outdoors has always gotten right back with me any time I have had an issue. Outdoors also installs quality Goodyear Endurance tires on their RVs, probably the best travel trailer tire available.
- Rob Whitman, Colorado

2019-08-07 2013 Outdoors RV Creek Side 22RB View Listings

Great trailer. It’s overbuilt . Winter package works great until minus 15. Real nice having the larger water tanks compared to other brands that carry half the water. Have towed down multiple logging roads and have never had an issue with the suspension or frame. Bought new in 2013 and still looks in great shape . Summer 2019.
- Lance , Alberta

2019-07-22 2016 Outdoors RV Creek Side 21RBS View Listings

This travel trailer is easy to tow, and the slide provides additional space that allows campers to stay anywhere for months. Tons of storage and the four seasons insulation allows for year round camping. High quality everything in this travel trailer!
- Kim Carley, Idaho

2019-07-14 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 22FQS View Listings

never owned a rv-bought this trailer and have so many problems with the design. The electrical outlets on bedside tables are way at back wall and very hard to reach. bedside table sooo long we have to move mattress forward and make our own headboard so as not to bump the edge to get out of bed. mattress was a $100.00 mattress. they placed the electrical outlet right next to sink in bathroom with towel hanger hanging over it and towels drag in cheap ass sink. The overhead bed light will turn on for one side of bed-both sides but not for the other side of bed by itself. very poooor design. sorry I bought this trailer. Gave 3 star to support but have no idea, have not needed yet. found cut in flooring and other issues
- linda matthews, Oregon

2019-07-13 2019 Outdoors RV Back Country 23KTS View Listings

We purchased the 2019 23KTS this year, the unit is built rock solid, with hardwood cabinetry, and higher end finishes. My wife and I and our two large dogs primarily dry camp in the PNW. We’ve increased the battery bank, added a 2k watt inverter, & will be adding additional solar panels. With those additions we can easily dry camp for 5 + days with no problem. The construction is second to none, & will have no problems camping year round. The price is a little more than other brands, but you truly get what you pay for. If you’re serious about camping or just want an RV that will last for YEARS, Outdoors RV is the brand to buy. We have zero complaints. Thank you Outdoors RV for such a quality RV. Mike & Tarran, WA
- Mike , Washington