Open Range 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (21)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Open Range 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bryan Brown from Oklahoma says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Open Range 3X 397FBS View Listings

Very disappointed with my purchase. Would advise everyone to look at other brands!. I've had numerous problems with my trailer. I'm not the average rv'er, I travel the mid U S and live in mine 16 days a month. Most repairs were covered by the two year warranty and my dealer was good enough to order parts then I could bring the trailer by for installation (if not the trailer would have been in shop more than on road). This is a list of repairs and the cost to overcome the repairs. 1. Slide out poured 5 half gallon buckets of water within first week I owned the trailer. Lucky we were in it. 2. 2 slide out gearboxes. 2 friends to help push slides in and out. 3.TV power supply burned out. Purchased a new TV ($425.00) to replace while waiting on tv to be replaced. 4. Refrigerator motherboard went out. The inside liner is cracking. 2 months to repair. Liner still cracked. Cost small refrigator and ice chest to replace while being repaired. ($500.00) 5. Entry door keypad dry cracked. No cost had keys 6. The automatic leveling has been looked at many times still does not work properly all the time. 7. Batteries have been replaced the warranty did not cover that.($175.00) 8. 4 of the recess ceiling lights have gone out. They replaced 3, I replaced 1. Cost $19.00 per light. 9. TV antenna does not work very well. Have been within 20 miles of major cities with no reception. Not repaired 10. One of the sewer slides is sticking like it is linked. 11.They sold me a trailer that only had 3 20 gallon propane tanks instead of 4. Purchase another propane tank. ($60.00) When I asked they said rvia wouldn't allow it. 12. The kitchen pantry that holds the slide out shelves fame has broken were the shelves will not slide. Est cost is $350.00 to hire carpenter to rebuild fame work. Now if you figure the cost of dragging trailer back and forth to dealer I figure that I will have over $1000.00 in fuel and wear and tear in truck. That doesn't includ the 1 hour drive back and forth of my time. I just hope that a few people will read this review and take highland ridge/open range off their list of RV's.
- Bryan Brown, Oklahoma

2020-11-12 2013 Open Range Roamer 430RLS View Listings

Have a 2013 Roamer Residential model 430 Have NEVER had one single issue mechanically (knock on wood!) I'm betting not many RV brands that are 8 years old an say that? It's the most you can buy and be pulled by a 3/4 ton. The price point is $60k vs 85k making it a good buyvs most others. We are very happy with our purchase!
- wjbii58, Texas

2020-10-25 2013 Open Range Open Range 386FLR View Listings

This camper is ready for an all around camping season or to live in year round. This camper is very spacious with a lot of storage and room to incite for family and friends over for a fun time camping. Easy to pull and use.
- Meagan Clark, Arkansas

2020-09-20 2013 Open Range Roamer 430RLS View Listings

Unit is 7 years old now and we've never had any issues. So much room and 3 sleeping areas work for us as both our daughters are married. O e can sleep I the "den" and close th door. The other I. The kitchen as it has a sleeper sofa and my wife and I in the master bedroom. The kitchen is large with TV and extendable table to seat 6 easily. The Den is like home with easily lounger, fireplace and TV. Tows easily with F250. Lots of storage and the propane has 4 easy to fill/exchange tanks. We added a 3rd ac/heat pump so we are never got or cold. We can pull over and get to the fridge or bathroom easy. We can. Say enough good things about it. Perfect.
- whitney.broussard, Texas

2020-08-08 2013 Open Range Roamer 387RLS View Listings

This is are 1st RV purchase and Ridge Quality Motors made this experience very positive. It is a two hour drive to get to the dealer but they were very helpful in many areas. We was able to purchase the fifth wheel hitch from them and they stopped us from making a big mistake and told us what needed to be done before the RV would be Ridge Quality Motors. Thank you all!!!!!
- Steve Petrone, Florida

2019-08-17 2012 Open Range Mesa Ridge MF337RLS View Listings

Very comfortable traveling and vacationing in this Open Range , love it. I tow the Open Range with my F250 Power Stroke diesel. What a dream it is towing. The 2 Air Conditioning units keep it cool in the hottest weather and the furnace heats it up very quick and than we use the heated fire place to maintain the temperature. The shower is roomy. It is plumped for a washer dryer combo in the bathroom. The overhead ceiling fan in the kitchen is nice to.
- Robert Kerby , Texas

2019-08-05 2013 Open Range Roamer 430RLS View Listings

This has been a great RV for us and our extended family. Just like at home our family gathers in the kitchen and with ‘‘tis super slide in RV kitchen it gives you so much room. I love the color scheme inside and out.
- Brenda Fox, Kentucky

2019-05-13 2018 Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

I would never buy a camper from Browns. Once you purchase the RV and service takes over is when the problems begin. We've had to call for months and finally had to say a few choice words before they repaired most of the items. Now we are going through the same problems again and again no replies. We paid over $60k for this Open Range and would love to just return it and buy something else from another RV Dealer. BTW. Life time warranty means nothing because they don't want to reply or fix anything. New Open Range 5th Wheel -Heat did not work in the bedroom -Thermostat was not working properly and they said that's common. -Ceiling fan not working properly -Outside storage compartment didn't lock -when we purchased camper the bedroom table was broken. 5 months later nothing -Main door was stuck and could not use. Had to go through the back door. -Electric water heater never worked Left messages for items that were not fixed. 1 week later no reply at all!! Never will by an Open Range again or purchase from Browns again!!! We cannot get rid of this camper and Browns fast enough.
- Rod & Akiko Parker, South Carolina

2019-04-20 2013 Open Range Roamer 387RLS View Listings

We bought the RV with the thought of going full-time. Which we did for 6 years. Very liveable. When had problems, took it to factory. They gave us appointmen's and did the work in one day, plus did anything else that had recalls or where they had experienced problems on others. The automatic levels were a real plus on this size unit. We love the unit.
- Joyce Terry, Florida

2019-03-30 2015 Open Range Open Range 427BHS View Listings

It’s been fantastic! Tows Great. Very Livable with 5slide outs. Add a few personal touches and it’s home away from home. We added every option plus had dealer do more. Bunkhouse area is great for kids , a private office, or a second bedroom for adults along for the trip. Second bath and doorway make it very useful when camping or in an RV Park.
- Mike Simmons, Oregon

2019-01-17 2018 Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

The Open Range 3X 427 BHS has a fantastic layout with ton of storage. It's fairly easy to set up and with 3500 Dually Truck it was an easy tow. The access to maintenance and propane areas was easy. However the internal trim and doors were misaligned. The outlets were loose and very poorly placed. The attention to detail could of been better. Overall it is a good buy for its price and a very livable option for full time RVing.
- Mark, Texas

2018-09-05 2018 Open Range 3X 388RKS View Listings

Saw the 3X 388RKS at the Hershey RV Show. Traded a 2009 Open Range 337RLS in on the 18 3X 388RKS. There is plenty of living space in this floor plan. The regular drum rakes need to be upgraded to self adjusters or disk brakes in my opinion.
- Dennis, Pennsylvania

2018-02-02 2010 Open Range Open Range 391RES View Listings

Ordered this unit new in 2010 to live in as Fulltimers. So much more living space compared to our friends motorhome units.We have traveled to Alaska twice as well as east coast to west coast north to south. Have enjoyed it the whole time. Few issues with power jacks and slides, but just like a stick house, you just have to keep things up. Last year the AC and the refrigerator both went out, so the next owners are really getting new updated products. Ready to downsize to a smaller unit and are definitely looking at Open Range again.
- Roger Stout, Arizona

2017-06-18 2015 Open Range Open Range 349RLS View Listings

Our final RV before going off the road. Regret selling as it was our dream 5th wheel....3rd one and the best. Lots of room and great floor plan. full size ref and larger shower. A few kinks when new but ironed out by the dealer. 3 trouble free years.
- gerald french, New York

2017-06-10 2012 Open Range Roamer 395BHS View Listings

This trailer has a great floor plan which is why we selected it. The unit has been disappointing because we have discovered several leaks around the windows. The large slide out had a design flaw that lead to the floor rotting in one corner. the rain water would flow down the wall and eventually wrap around to the floor. There was no barrier(like the newer units)to keep the water out. The second A/C kicks the breaker regularly as well. These should not be issues on a product less than 5 years old.
- KM, Texas

2017-04-17 2013 Open Range Roamer 345RLS View Listings

We lived in this RV for 1 summer in the mountains and it was very well appointed and functional. With 2 air conditioners one in bedroom and 1 in living space. The 5th wheel has 4 seasons rating. The heater works well and the fireplace does warm the immediate area. The microwave convection oven is really nice. My husband states it is very easy to tow with the Chevy 2500 turbo diesel.( husband states truck is not for sale or included) Our moveable island gives more workspace. King size bed is great. Plenty of closet space. Dyson portable vaccum cleaner. Neutral colors and Corian counter tops. Automatic leveling system. Automatic awning system. The extras are nice for upscale camping.
- Shirley Prawdzik, Arizona

2017-03-18 2013 Open Range 3X 345RLS View Listings

We tow this 5th wheel with a 2500 heavy duty truck which tows it very easily. It is easier to tow a 5th wheel than a standard trailer. The interior is very attractive and I do like the comfortable king size bed. We have laundry hookups available but use facilities at the campground. The convection oven combination microwave is great. I have not used the regular oven since. TV in the bedroom as well as the large TV in the living room is nice. I enjoy the moveable island for work and storage. It is a four season trailer for colder weather as well as 2 air conditioners. We have not had to use the warranty so far. Open Range is found under Highland Range when looking. I would consider this brand if I was looking to buy.
- Shirley, Arizona

2016-06-14 2015 Open Range Mesa Ridge MF345RLS View Listings

This RV was purchased new for several reasons. it is our second Open Range product. The quality in both units was excellent and factory support very good as well. This unit is larger than the first Open Range and having become snowbirds for the winter we found it very easy to live in for extended periods of time (4 months). Auto-level works great and I would not purchase another unit without auto-level. Our only reason for selling is the need for a Toy Hauler to carry our H.D. trike. Would consider another Open Range IF it was a toy hauler.
- Robert Lussow , Wisconsin

2016-04-25 2013 Open Range Open Range 413RLL View Listings

We love our rv bc of its spacious unique layout with opposing slides, quality cabinets doors trim, BH loft works fabulous for our guests, feels like a home not an rv. If needed, it is ALL Season. Handles well on the road-hubby says he doesn't even know he is pulling anything. Open Ranges' quality is why we bought the 413RLL. To be honest: I only gave 4 Stars to manufacturer bc they sold the company to Jayco and I am not familiar with Jayco. We had a Montana before this 5th wheel and feel this rv is far superior. The self leveling makes setting up a breeze, wouldn't own a 5th without it anymore. The outside is fiberglass and clean's easy keeping its beautiful shine, making it look brand new. The easy on the electric awning can't be beat. I will never not have that nor the leveling system again. The outside doors of the storage are solid with good locks. Open Range does not skimp on the quality of their rv's producing a well priced unit as well.
- Kathy Collaro, Florida

2015-01-17 2011 Open Range Open Range 427BHS View Listings

Excellent all around, very easy to pull.
- Brian Zimmerman, Texas

2014-12-15 2014 Open Range Light 318RLS View Listings

Great kitchen and family room area. Bedroom a little tight between bed and bath wall. Had some teething issues which were handled by dealer under warranty. Only major complaint is the toilet drain is in the middle of storage area. And some problems with the black tank drainage system.
- Bob Biegel, Arizona