Open Range 3X RVs Reviews (6)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Open Range 3X RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Bryan Brown from Oklahoma says:

Have you owned any Open Range 3X RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Open Range 3X 397FBS View Listings

Very disappointed with my purchase. Would advise everyone to look at other brands!. I've had numerous problems with my trailer. I'm not the average rv'er, I travel the mid U S and live in mine 16 days a month. Most repairs were covered by the two year warranty and my dealer was good enough to order parts then I could bring the trailer by for installation (if not the trailer would have been in shop more than on road). This is a list of repairs and the cost to overcome the repairs. 1. Slide out poured 5 half gallon buckets of water within first week I owned the trailer. Lucky we were in it. 2. 2 slide out gearboxes. 2 friends to help push slides in and out. 3.TV power supply burned out. Purchased a new TV ($425.00) to replace while waiting on tv to be replaced. 4. Refrigerator motherboard went out. The inside liner is cracking. 2 months to repair. Liner still cracked. Cost small refrigator and ice chest to replace while being repaired. ($500.00) 5. Entry door keypad dry cracked. No cost had keys 6. The automatic leveling has been looked at many times still does not work properly all the time. 7. Batteries have been replaced the warranty did not cover that.($175.00) 8. 4 of the recess ceiling lights have gone out. They replaced 3, I replaced 1. Cost $19.00 per light. 9. TV antenna does not work very well. Have been within 20 miles of major cities with no reception. Not repaired 10. One of the sewer slides is sticking like it is linked. 11.They sold me a trailer that only had 3 20 gallon propane tanks instead of 4. Purchase another propane tank. ($60.00) When I asked they said rvia wouldn't allow it. 12. The kitchen pantry that holds the slide out shelves fame has broken were the shelves will not slide. Est cost is $350.00 to hire carpenter to rebuild fame work. Now if you figure the cost of dragging trailer back and forth to dealer I figure that I will have over $1000.00 in fuel and wear and tear in truck. That doesn't includ the 1 hour drive back and forth of my time. I just hope that a few people will read this review and take highland ridge/open range off their list of RV's.
- Bryan Brown, Oklahoma

2019-05-13 2018 Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

I would never buy a camper from Browns. Once you purchase the RV and service takes over is when the problems begin. We've had to call for months and finally had to say a few choice words before they repaired most of the items. Now we are going through the same problems again and again no replies. We paid over $60k for this Open Range and would love to just return it and buy something else from another RV Dealer. BTW. Life time warranty means nothing because they don't want to reply or fix anything. New Open Range 5th Wheel -Heat did not work in the bedroom -Thermostat was not working properly and they said that's common. -Ceiling fan not working properly -Outside storage compartment didn't lock -when we purchased camper the bedroom table was broken. 5 months later nothing -Main door was stuck and could not use. Had to go through the back door. -Electric water heater never worked Left messages for items that were not fixed. 1 week later no reply at all!! Never will by an Open Range again or purchase from Browns again!!! We cannot get rid of this camper and Browns fast enough.
- Rod & Akiko Parker, South Carolina

2019-01-17 2018 Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

The Open Range 3X 427 BHS has a fantastic layout with ton of storage. It's fairly easy to set up and with 3500 Dually Truck it was an easy tow. The access to maintenance and propane areas was easy. However the internal trim and doors were misaligned. The outlets were loose and very poorly placed. The attention to detail could of been better. Overall it is a good buy for its price and a very livable option for full time RVing.
- Mark, Texas

2018-09-05 2018 Open Range 3X 388RKS View Listings

Saw the 3X 388RKS at the Hershey RV Show. Traded a 2009 Open Range 337RLS in on the 18 3X 388RKS. There is plenty of living space in this floor plan. The regular drum rakes need to be upgraded to self adjusters or disk brakes in my opinion.
- Dennis, Pennsylvania

2017-04-21 2012 Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

This camper has been a let down since the purchase. Within months, several things had to be replaced then in and out of the shop numerous times from leaks to applicance issues to SEVERAL other issues. Complete waste of money!
- Randy Triche, Louisiana

2017-03-18 2013 Open Range 3X 345RLS View Listings

We tow this 5th wheel with a 2500 heavy duty truck which tows it very easily. It is easier to tow a 5th wheel than a standard trailer. The interior is very attractive and I do like the comfortable king size bed. We have laundry hookups available but use facilities at the campground. The convection oven combination microwave is great. I have not used the regular oven since. TV in the bedroom as well as the large TV in the living room is nice. I enjoy the moveable island for work and storage. It is a four season trailer for colder weather as well as 2 air conditioners. We have not had to use the warranty so far. Open Range is found under Highland Range when looking. I would consider this brand if I was looking to buy.
- Shirley, Arizona