Northwood Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bob Read from British Columbia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

This is our second Nash trailer. First was a 2014 23D. Second is a 2015 24M. Many issues on first but all were fixed by our dealer. Both trailers had plumbing issues under shower which saturated all underbelly insulation and the amount of sawdust and construction debris left under cabinets, shower and furnace is atrocious. Second trailer 24M had 2 outside wall delaminations but new skins were put on both walls. After 18 months travelling thru Utah we had a broken spring and ended up replacing all 4 as others were bent and flat . This is exactly the same problem others have experienced. Factory rep did not respond to our email. Trailer is definitely not overloaded as we always travel light. Trailer is marketed as off road chassis and certified chassis. Repair facility said springs are too light for trailer. Not recommending this brand anymore.
- Bob Read, British Columbia

2021-07-17 2019 Northwood Nash 25C View Listings

Spacious camping trailer! Has all the amenities plus you'd need for amazing camping adventures. -Dimensions Length 28.67 ft. (344 in.) Width8 ft. (96 in.) -Height 11.67 ft. (140 in.) -Weight Dry Weight 5,700 lbs. -Payload Capacity 2,300 lbs. -GVWR 8,000 lbs. -Hitch Weight 555 lbs. -Holding Tanks Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks 1Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity50.0 gal. -Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks 1 Total Gray Water Tank Capacity42.0 gal. -Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks 1Total Black Water Tank Capacity35.0 gal. -Propane Tanks Number Of Propane Tanks 2 Total Propane Tank Capacity 14.0 gal. -Total Propane Tank Capacity 60 lbs. -ConstructionBody MaterialWoodSidewall ConstructionFiberglass -Doors Number of Doors2Sliding Glass DoorNo -Slide outs Number of Slide outs 1 Power Retractable Slide out Yes -AwningNumber of Awnings 1Power Retractable Awning Yes -Leveling Jack TypeFront Manual / Rear Manual -Kitchen / Living AreaKitchen / Living Area Flooring Type -Vinyl Kitchen Table Configuration U-shaped Dinette Kitchen Location CenterLiving Area Location Center -Oven / StoveLayout Stove Number Of Oven Burners 3 Overhead FanYes -Refrigerator Refrigerator Size Mid-Size Refrigerator -Power Mode Electric / Propane -Sofa Number Of Sofas 1 Sofa Material Cloth -Beds Max Sleeping Count 6 -Number Of Bunk Beds 2 -Queen Size Beds 1 / Sofa Beds1 Master Bedroom Master Bedroom Flooring Type Vinyl Master Bedroom Door Style Curtain Full Size Master Bedroom Closet NoMaster Bedroom Mirror DoorsNoMaster Bedroom Shades / CurtainsYesMaster Bedroom Location Front Bunk house-Yes BathroomNumber Of Bathrooms1Bathroom Flooring TypeVinylBathroom LocationCenter ToiletToilet TypePorcelain ShowerDoor TypePlastic / Glass WheelsWheels CompositionAluminumNumber Of Axles2 TiresRear Tire (Full Spec)ST225/75R15 Brakes Front Brake TypeNot Applicable Rear Brake TypeElectric Drum Battery Battery Power Converter Yes Prewiring Air Conditioning Prewiring Yes Cable Prewiring Yes Phone Prewiring No Heat Prewiring Yes TV Antenna PrewiringYesSatellite Air ConditioningAir Conditioning Type AutomaticAir Conditioning 13,500 BTUs Heater Heater Type Automatic Heater 25,000 BTUs Water Heater TankWater Heater Tank Capacity 10 g Water Heater Pump Power ModeElectrical / PropaneWater Heater Tank Bypass - yes Emergency Exit(s)Number Of Emergency exits - 1 Speakers Speaker Location(s)Interior / ExteriorSurround Sound Yes CD Player yes
- aaron lazar, Colorado

2021-06-27 2008 Northwood Nash 25S View Listings

By far the worst RV we ever purchased. This 5th wheel was the first RV we bought new. Our fourth trip, 6 cupboards fell off, had to drill out hinge holes and replace screws with nuts and bolts. Square landing gear rod was put on backwards. AC quite working after fourth time we used it!!! This was one month after warranty ran out!!
- Ron Black, Colorado

2021-06-08 2019 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

So I bought this trailer in Dec 2019...I have 3 main issues:..#1.this isn't an all weather trailer without some important modification s...the black and grey tanks don't come with heated tanks...unless you order from the factory..tanks have to be removed to install the heat tape....#2..the lower end refrigerator by Norcold shuts down in very cold or hot weather..(now i inow why only a 1 year warranty)...they don't tell you that in the manuals but the engineers know it..its a big problem if you use your trailer alot....temps above 90° or below 30° you will have problems.. freezing spots in the refrigerator part or temps above 40° to no refrigeration at all...#3... you cannot dry camp more than 3 days because the batteries won't make it....the refrigerator won't work or the propane heater won't operate without 12volts...so you need to leave your vehicle connected to recharge your trailer batteries or buy a generator...this model doesn't come with one on board..not an option..(big mistake).. you will need solar power or both. The malfunctioning refrigerator is the most frustrating... moving food in and out of it while camping... major pain-in-the-ass...So to sum it up this trailer isn't an all-weather trailer as advertised without serious add-ons...I don't know what to do about the refrigerator...is barely over one year old.
- Mark S Dirstine, Montana

2021-05-06 2015 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

We bought the trailer brand new in 2015 and actually like it quite well. Great layout. Good quality. Not bad to pull. The problem we had is that at one of the door openings (it has two) the floor went soft. We had to take it in to get the floor replaced. The factory had missed sealing this entire door so whenever it rained it seeped in and affected the floor. You couldn't see the damage, it's all covered up. It took some time to make the floor go bad but eventually the area around the door got soft. It cost $1,500 to repair what should never have happened in the first place. We never got a response from Nash....
- Dale Lembke, Oregon

2021-04-15 2019 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

I did my research before buying the Nash. There is a lot of junk being built out there these days and the reviews reflect that. The Northwoods products had high praise and return buyers, so I made the plunge. I have not been disappointed. I drove this trailer from coast to coast and it took great care of me. Everything worked as it should, it handled well in the mountains, and kept me warm in below zero weather. The build quality is good and in 7000 miles of traveling I haven't had to make any repairs or have warranty work done. After hearing all the nightmare stories of other brands and seeing how cheaply comparable trailers were built, I am glad I spent the extra money for the Nash. You get what you pay for. Pros: Good build quality, stable with shocks on the axles, Perfect length- didn't have to unhitch at most pullthrough sites, 4 seasons, big holding tanks, prewired solar Cons: No dealers nearby, a bit more expensive than comparable sized trailers. I would recommend this trailer with no hesitation and buy a Northwoods product in the future.
- Jay Paulson, Illinois

2021-04-06 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

This is my favorite Rv Trailer. I did consumer reports before I purchased 2015 Northwood Artic Fox 25y brand new.So much storgage inside and just cozy and comfortable for traveling. I would recommend any Artic Fox.
- Julie Bowen, Washington

2021-03-31 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox Silver Fox 29FT View Listings

We purchased our Silver Fox trailer about five years ago. The huge 42 inch slide in the living room dining room allows us room to have company and a dog without getting in each other's way. We are the third owner and everything works great. Have had no problems with it. I highly recommend getting one with the bedroom slid to give more room for storage.
- Connie Morrill, Oregon

2021-03-29 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Bought the Artic Fox 25y at the Seattle RV show. We have traveled cross country have done the Oregon coast and the Arizona desert. We pulled the trailer with a Ford F350 SD with the 6.7L diesel engine and the trailer was wonderful to tow, easy to set up, has plenty of storage and very comfortable to live in. We love the layout and especially the separate toilet room. We would highly recommend Artic Fox as the quality is excellent.
- John Bowen, Washington

2021-02-06 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

Bought it new. Full timers. Came with every option including generator. Had a significant list of squawks. Frame was rusting. Drawers needed repairing. Other little stuff that I took care of. I was impressed by the frame strength -- very good. I have been doing many upgrades. We removed the short wall at the foot of the bed. Stupid design. We treated and repainted frame with Por 15 products.(lots of work). I added 7 inches of isopoly insulation boards under front half of trailer in large empty spaces. (R40 anyone?) Upgraded to Moryde IS with disc brakes. (They are the best.) Later found water freezing up at 20 degrees F. There was about 15 feet of un-insulated vinyl hose from fresh water tank to pump. Duhh. That was freezing up. Put heat tape on it. Then insulated the heck out of it. Removed back half coplast underbelly, installed extra Ultra Heat pads on tanks and dump valves. Added lot's of pink insulation everywhere and closed it up with 2 to 4 inches of isopoly insulation boards under tanks and enclosed full underbelly. Used eternabond to seal everything up. Painted it with black enamel. Put lots of insulation behind from headboard of bed. Was very cold area lacking much insulation. Plastic film over the dual pane windows. Door blanket over door. Solar, large screen TV and satellite too. 600 ah Lithium battery bank, inverter, b to b charger. Anyway, this is now the warmest, tightest, most comfortable trailer i have every owned. I do not skirt it because we travel a lot. It is 6 degrees as i write this. 80 degrees inside trailer. (We have spent most of our lives in the tropics and like it very warm.) One small electric space heater and one dehumidifier keeping it nice and warm and dry. At this temp of 6, once every two hours or so, the lp furnace will cycle for just a few minutes. Above 10 degrees no lp furnace needed at all. Attention to detail, added lots of insulation, and a good design to start with. I think (guess) this trailer is good to 30 below now. I will test it to -12 F below in two nights. It tows like a dream. Have pulled it is 50 MPH crosswinds with F250 -- no problem, no sway. Coated outside with nano ceramic coating. Bugs don't stick. Have boondocks for three weeks at a time in it. (Tank size sets the outside limit without blueboy and water bladder backup.) Can access everything with slide in. Great for rest area naps. It is a heavy trailer. Well built but they could put more attention to details. Overall, I won't trade this trailer for anything I else I have seen. With my many mods, it is my castle on wheels and I love it. Would not trade it for Airstream or any other trailer that is 27 feet. Took some work, and some money, but I think this unit now is the best. It is NOT for sale!
- wertz, Illinois

2020-12-28 2020 Northwood Nash 21K View Listings

Nash21 review In early 2020, my wife and I replaced our 2015 Forest River A-frame camper, with a Northwood, Nash 21K. Although we had a lot of adventures with that A-frame, and it always served us well, it had gotten to the point where it started to feel as small and compact as a Hobbit hole in the Shire hillsides. And to make matters worse, trying to dead-lift the 200# plus roof assembly, was about as arduous and frightening for us, as it must have been for Frodo Baggins, trying to make it to Mordor, to cast his ring of power into the volcano under Mt. Doom. We bought our new Nash at Thunder RV in La Grande, Oregon. Thunder RV sells Nash campers, as well as Arctic Fox Toy Haulers. Plus, they also sell Keystone products. Northwood builds Nash and Arctic Fox products right in La Grande, and Keystone, is built just up the road in Pendleton, Oregon. And of course, as everyone knows, Pendleton was put on the map years ago, thanks to the Pendleton Woolen Mills, and the fine wool products they make. The Nash served us very well this year, and we put around 4,000 miles on it, and spent over 20 days on the road. It came with a 20-watt solar panel, and we added an additional 70-watt panel on the roof top. With a mere 90 watts of output, (on a sunny day!) we were able the keep the 2-12-volt RV batteries charged, letting us dry camp several nights along the Yellowstone, and other Montana rivers in September, as we headed east to the Dakota States. Other than a small problem with the 12-volt electric awning extending properly, the Nash performed flawlessly, and I would recommend Nash Camper products to anybody! And for what it is worth, we would recommend Thunder RV anytime…and while you are in La Grande, you may also be to take a tour of the Northwood factory, if you get there at the right time and day! And it is always a hit to drive up to Pendleton and visit the Woolen Mills Outlet Store!
- djmurphy0853, Washington

2020-12-06 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

4.0 quality throughout. Can use this 25R without extending the slide out while in transit allowing use of the bathroom and refrigerator without any inconvenience The insulation Northwood installs prevents the AC from running continually when the outside temperature in very hot Have not used it in the winter however the undercarriage is heated and is a true 4 season RV
- Roger Stenzel, Montana

2020-12-02 2016 Northwood Nash 22H View Listings

I have owned several RV's over the years and this was without a doubt the worst quality unit that I have ever owned. 80% of the screws in the cabinet hardware were stripped from being over tightened. There was sawdust and construction trash in every nook and cranny. Sawdust sifted down from the ceiling. One of the roof vents was installed backwards. Abundant rust on the frame and undercarriage. The vinyl flooring was not sealed down and had big bulges and bubbles. I spent 4 years fixing all of the problems and sold the trailer. Based on my experience, if you are considering a new RV do yourself a favor and do not purchase anything made by Northwood Manufacturing.
- Bob Redwine, Arizona

2020-10-28 2019 Northwood Nash 29S View Listings

Well just completed 7 months of full time living with approx 7k miles. 2 adults and 2 kids. This trailer was really good 1 quick repair during the entire time. The only issue I had fixed was a propane hose started leaking and so I just turned off the gas for that side and used the opposite. Calling Northwood they arranged a repair place just 45 min away and a 30 min repair and I was on my way. While I had minor screw tightening and screen door adjusting and even shower caulking to do on the road. I was very impressed with the quality of the trailer as well as the manufacturer support. 1 window didn't slide all the way open and that was not critical enough for me to fix while living in it however Northwood arranged to get that fixed as soon as I stopped travelling full time. In short this is a great trailer and I could not be happier especially hearing some of the horror stories from others who were back and forth to the dealer multiple times in the first few months. Thank you Northwood for a great quality product that just works. My whole family loved the trailer and were sad when we sold it. I would recommend the double pane windows for sound insulation as much as heating and cooling. Also little things like quality tyres and a usable bed which on other trailers need to be replaced before you can really use it. We did add a mattress topper for a little softer feel. Overall really happy and highly recommend to anyone who is in the market for a trailer. Only star dropped was due to curtains covering the bunk beds rather than something more substantial.
- Shawn Smith, California

2020-10-14 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Recently purchased a new 2020 25W from Kelly RV in Milton PA. I'm a first time trailer owner. First, The team at Kelly did a super job prepping the rig on the day of pickup. All the "options" and Reese Wt distributing hitch ready to go after they provided a very thorough walk-through and operations. Great Sales and service group! Now for the trailer: I took it on an 800mi maiden voyage up to northern NY for a week of Steelhead/salmon fishing. Being a novice at big-box tow (F250 6.7 T powerstroke) it took a bit of white-knuckling for the first hour or so, but ya necessarily pick it up quickly. To an experienced big-box puller, this has got to be easy stuff. Pulled into my friend's property, leveled and set up boondocked. No popped screws or sawdust anywhere in the trailer! Days were low 50's (at best) night's were high 30s. The trailer was warm and cozy the entire time, even through a full day of 45mph winds with sideways rain/sleet (not a good fishing day). All the services worked perfectly. It used only a fraction of the LP in one tank for the entire week (thermostat at 65 at night). Had 2 Optima Blue batteries and 170W solar added as options, never ran out of juice even thru a 36H period with no/little sunlight. Recharged back to full by late morning... amazing. Fresh water tank (shower every day etc) had 1/3 left, grey(s) and black were at 1/3 full. and the heated/massaging recliners are a godsend after a day walking a big river. Bottom line - the AF25W is very comfortable, well equipped and frankly, just easy to get comfortable with. So to a first-timer, on his first solo boondock voyage, the trailer is fantastic. I'll do another review after a few more trips.
- John M, Pennsylvania

2020-09-30 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

Great trailer overall in terms of floor plan for a bunkhouse. Good features such as fully insulated/heated plumbing. Coach and windows are well insulated - slept in several snow storms and hardly knew it with no frozen pipes. Nice gas access w/ the quick connect toward the back. Problem is that Northwood seems to have put bad leaf springs in the suspension system on those manufactured around this time. Had one break had it and its twin on that axle replaced and now the other broke on the other side. The repair people said it was pretty unusual on a trailer of this age and even said that they've seen most trailers go their whole life span w/ out broken springs. I see others post the same problem with their 2014 Nash trailers. On a dual axle, a broken spring is very dangerous as the wheels can contact each other in tow. I called Northwood and they said to contact the company that made the suspension - no response. I posted a bad review on Google and a Northwood rep responded dismissively saying they didn't install "bad" springs and suggesting it must be something I did - overloading the trailer - which I've never done - admitting that they "upgraded" springs for more capacity on later trailers which I get for marketing to new buyers but does nothing for MY trailer and ME! My trailer has been very pampered with very few miles on it and covered in storage most of its life so far. I get that these things require maintenance and can cost quite a bit to do so - but it seems only fair that Northwood should offer some way to make good on this. Not happy right now.
- Andres Martinez, Colorado

2020-09-14 2019 Northwood Nash 24B View Listings

Overall I don't give anything 5 stars EVER! But, with that said this Nash is a very good quality unit with no major issues so far. Just bought the unit from a dealer in PA and drove there from NH. I have owned many campers in my life and lately they are mostly junk, with a few exceptions like Northwood and Outdoors RV. When my wife mentioned that she would consider a camper again and since I sold my 21' Outdoors RV last summer, I told her the only one I would buy in the Northeast was located in PA and was this NASH unit I have had my eye on since the beginning of the year and still available. The dealership did a thorough PDI and all systems worked including valves, USB charging ports, etc. Quality seemed very good throughout the camper with a few imperfections here and there...but really minor. The window shade on top bunk did not work and the wood door on the cabinet by the bathroom door had huge knots that don't look the greatest and may impact the integrity of the door someday. Working with dealer getting these replaced so we shall see. The camper overall is very nice and would not hesitate to buy another Northwood product!!
- Don, New Hampshire

2020-08-21 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Excellent and reliable, suspension is safe and easy to tow, fully insulated as it is a true FOUR SEASONS RV. Upgraded ac keeps RV cool on hottest days, all wood cabinets, plenty of storage, large refrigerator & freezer with stove which all operates on propane or electric.
- James Bullock, Texas

2020-08-04 2019 Northwood Nash 24B View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 24b 6300 dry 8000 loaded. Towed it through local mountains with no issues on first trip. Some minor quality issues arose during first trip. 1.queen bed has storage but the attached strut is not strong enough to hold up the bed to add items.2. Rear bottom bunk strut is also not strong enough to hold up the bed to add storage underneath. 3. Gutter rail on passenger side has gap so when the air conditioning was running the water dropped down the side of the trailer as it didn’t make it to the water spouts on the corner. 5. Great water tank drain valve didn’t work. Gray tank kept draining during the trip. Luckily it was a full hook up site. 6. Entertainment centre was hard to figure out while using the instructions. Still not sure how to switch to DVD from radio. 7. Some of the USB charging ports didn’t work. I think there were some more minor issues but I can’t think of them. Trailer is scheduled for trip back to the dealer to get the issues fixed. I like the layout, the bathroom is large and comfortable with the porcelain toilet. The shower door is retractable and feels flimsy. I’m sure it will break before long. The bunks are hard to get into with small openings. The bottom bunk has no window or ac vent so it gets very stuffy with one person in it during the summer. Even with the minor issues I’m satisfied with this trailer. I keep discovering things that I really like. And it has quite a lot of storage. More than we could fill with a family of four.
- Bob, British Columbia

2020-08-04 2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

This trailer is amazingly insulated in hot and cold weather. When getting ready to take it out it's parked at my house I want to sleep in it. It's been an amazing get away. If camping in a crowded area this trailer blocks noise. It has an amazing amount of storage and the granite we added adds so much to my vacation home on wheels.
- Ernie, Washington

2020-08-03 2017 Northwood Nash 22H View Listings

The Northwood Nash 22H has been an outstanding value for the money! Quality built and made to travel off the road...great all weather coach with well designed and gracious interiors. Sleeps up to four and can accommodate my wife and her extensive wardrobe in the huge bathroom closet...dressing area. We have both been impressed with our purchase and the service from both the manufacturer and dealer. We would recommend this brand highly.
- L. Cayton, Idaho

2020-08-01 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Best RV I have ever owned. No problems at all. Excellent floor plan, very high build quality. Wrap around rear windows combined with open floor plan gives a relaxed feel to living in the trailer. Very well insulated against both heat and cold. Hard to beat for a family travel trailer.
- Dan Dieringer, Washington

2020-07-28 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Our first time out with our new rig the shower door completely fell off. The whole bedroom rug flooded. Driving back in PDX traffic the slide out started coming out. When we called they couldn’t take it in for 2 weeks and asked me to pull the carpet out and put some space heaters in to dry the wood. I did that. They took it in and tightened up the pull out and replaced the carpet and said all leaks were fixed. Never told me where it came from but fine. Second time out, what to my surprise I’m sitting at the table and all of a sudden water is coming from underneath all the kitchen cabinets! I just had the pos in to be fixed! So I do some looking and the water lines to the kitchen sink were both leaking! I left a nice little comment on Apache RV in Portland if you’d like to see what I had to say! So I went to a 25y forum only to find out what a POS this model is! Since then so many things have happened it’s unbelievable. Awning lights worked only one time, black tank is all messed up. Had to replace hitch riser, rivets have popped out everywhere, just waiting for a wall to fall in on us. Air, fan and heat have all gone out on us. I had a 35 foot Outback before this and I kick myself every time I think about why I turned it in for this POS. Finally spoke to a man about his 25y and he helped a lot. All he said was “learn to fix everything yourself” saves a lot of stress and heart ache. No more warrantee (which never kicked in) so it saves to fix myself. I don’t know yet what to do about the black tank but I’ll learn! If you are reading this, never buy a Northwood product. All you get from them is angry ol men on the phone!!!
- Martin Bear, Washington

2020-07-27 2016 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

The windows are hard to open. The wiring is cheap, thin, and so are the connectors. The speaker’s had dented covers. The bathroom’s plastics break easy. I really think that this trailer is extremely overpriced. Will never buy another.
- Edward Adams, Nevada

2020-07-17 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 27T View Listings

Bought this rear livingroom unit used but in immaculate condition. So comfortable, great for older couple. Changed out stairs for new Solidsteps. Have used several times now for a week or 2 at a time. Pull w/3/4 ton pickup. Table and chairs, no booth. Shifted table around to accommodate XL dog crate and lab dog - no problem. Love it!
- Lynne Cross, Washington