Northwood Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (52)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bob Read from British Columbia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

This is our second Nash trailer. First was a 2014 23D. Second is a 2015 24M. Many issues on first but all were fixed by our dealer. Both trailers had plumbing issues under shower which saturated all underbelly insulation and the amount of sawdust and construction debris left under cabinets, shower and furnace is atrocious. Second trailer 24M had 2 outside wall delaminations but new skins were put on both walls. After 18 months travelling thru Utah we had a broken spring and ended up replacing all 4 as others were bent and flat . This is exactly the same problem others have experienced. Factory rep did not respond to our email. Trailer is definitely not overloaded as we always travel light. Trailer is marketed as off road chassis and certified chassis. Repair facility said springs are too light for trailer. Not recommending this brand anymore.
- Bob Read, British Columbia

2020-10-28 2019 Northwood Nash 29S View Listings

Well just completed 7 months of full time living with approx 7k miles. 2 adults and 2 kids. This trailer was really good 1 quick repair during the entire time. The only issue I had fixed was a propane hose started leaking and so I just turned off the gas for that side and used the opposite. Calling Northwood they arranged a repair place just 45 min away and a 30 min repair and I was on my way. While I had minor screw tightening and screen door adjusting and even shower caulking to do on the road. I was very impressed with the quality of the trailer as well as the manufacturer support. 1 window didn't slide all the way open and that was not critical enough for me to fix while living in it however Northwood arranged to get that fixed as soon as I stopped travelling full time. In short this is a great trailer and I could not be happier especially hearing some of the horror stories from others who were back and forth to the dealer multiple times in the first few months. Thank you Northwood for a great quality product that just works. My whole family loved the trailer and were sad when we sold it. I would recommend the double pane windows for sound insulation as much as heating and cooling. Also little things like quality tyres and a usable bed which on other trailers need to be replaced before you can really use it. We did add a mattress topper for a little softer feel. Overall really happy and highly recommend to anyone who is in the market for a trailer. Only star dropped was due to curtains covering the bunk beds rather than something more substantial.
- Shawn Smith, California

2020-10-14 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Recently purchased a new 2020 25W from Kelly RV in Milton PA. I'm a first time trailer owner. First, The team at Kelly did a super job prepping the rig on the day of pickup. All the "options" and Reese Wt distributing hitch ready to go after they provided a very thorough walk-through and operations. Great Sales and service group! Now for the trailer: I took it on an 800mi maiden voyage up to northern NY for a week of Steelhead/salmon fishing. Being a novice at big-box tow (F250 6.7 T powerstroke) it took a bit of white-knuckling for the first hour or so, but ya necessarily pick it up quickly. To an experienced big-box puller, this has got to be easy stuff. Pulled into my friend's property, leveled and set up boondocked. No popped screws or sawdust anywhere in the trailer! Days were low 50's (at best) night's were high 30s. The trailer was warm and cozy the entire time, even through a full day of 45mph winds with sideways rain/sleet (not a good fishing day). All the services worked perfectly. It used only a fraction of the LP in one tank for the entire week (thermostat at 65 at night). Had 2 Optima Blue batteries and 170W solar added as options, never ran out of juice even thru a 36H period with no/little sunlight. Recharged back to full by late morning... amazing. Fresh water tank (shower every day etc) had 1/3 left, grey(s) and black were at 1/3 full. and the heated/massaging recliners are a godsend after a day walking a big river. Bottom line - the AF25W is very comfortable, well equipped and frankly, just easy to get comfortable with. So to a first-timer, on his first solo boondock voyage, the trailer is fantastic. I'll do another review after a few more trips.
- John M, Pennsylvania

2020-09-30 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

Great trailer overall in terms of floor plan for a bunkhouse. Good features such as fully insulated/heated plumbing. Coach and windows are well insulated - slept in several snow storms and hardly knew it with no frozen pipes. Nice gas access w/ the quick connect toward the back. Problem is that Northwood seems to have put bad leaf springs in the suspension system on those manufactured around this time. Had one break had it and its twin on that axle replaced and now the other broke on the other side. The repair people said it was pretty unusual on a trailer of this age and even said that they've seen most trailers go their whole life span w/ out broken springs. I see others post the same problem with their 2014 Nash trailers. On a dual axle, a broken spring is very dangerous as the wheels can contact each other in tow. I called Northwood and they said to contact the company that made the suspension - no response. I posted a bad review on Google and a Northwood rep responded dismissively saying they didn't install "bad" springs and suggesting it must be something I did - overloading the trailer - which I've never done - admitting that they "upgraded" springs for more capacity on later trailers which I get for marketing to new buyers but does nothing for MY trailer and ME! My trailer has been very pampered with very few miles on it and covered in storage most of its life so far. I get that these things require maintenance and can cost quite a bit to do so - but it seems only fair that Northwood should offer some way to make good on this. Not happy right now.
- Andres Martinez, Colorado

2020-09-14 2019 Northwood Nash 24B View Listings

Overall I don't give anything 5 stars EVER! But, with that said this Nash is a very good quality unit with no major issues so far. Just bought the unit from a dealer in PA and drove there from NH. I have owned many campers in my life and lately they are mostly junk, with a few exceptions like Northwood and Outdoors RV. When my wife mentioned that she would consider a camper again and since I sold my 21' Outdoors RV last summer, I told her the only one I would buy in the Northeast was located in PA and was this NASH unit I have had my eye on since the beginning of the year and still available. The dealership did a thorough PDI and all systems worked including valves, USB charging ports, etc. Quality seemed very good throughout the camper with a few imperfections here and there...but really minor. The window shade on top bunk did not work and the wood door on the cabinet by the bathroom door had huge knots that don't look the greatest and may impact the integrity of the door someday. Working with dealer getting these replaced so we shall see. The camper overall is very nice and would not hesitate to buy another Northwood product!!
- Don, New Hampshire

2020-08-21 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Excellent and reliable, suspension is safe and easy to tow, fully insulated as it is a true FOUR SEASONS RV. Upgraded ac keeps RV cool on hottest days, all wood cabinets, plenty of storage, large refrigerator & freezer with stove which all operates on propane or electric.
- James Bullock, Texas

2020-08-04 2019 Northwood Nash 24B View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 24b 6300 dry 8000 loaded. Towed it through local mountains with no issues on first trip. Some minor quality issues arose during first trip. 1.queen bed has storage but the attached strut is not strong enough to hold up the bed to add items.2. Rear bottom bunk strut is also not strong enough to hold up the bed to add storage underneath. 3. Gutter rail on passenger side has gap so when the air conditioning was running the water dropped down the side of the trailer as it didn’t make it to the water spouts on the corner. 5. Great water tank drain valve didn’t work. Gray tank kept draining during the trip. Luckily it was a full hook up site. 6. Entertainment centre was hard to figure out while using the instructions. Still not sure how to switch to DVD from radio. 7. Some of the USB charging ports didn’t work. I think there were some more minor issues but I can’t think of them. Trailer is scheduled for trip back to the dealer to get the issues fixed. I like the layout, the bathroom is large and comfortable with the porcelain toilet. The shower door is retractable and feels flimsy. I’m sure it will break before long. The bunks are hard to get into with small openings. The bottom bunk has no window or ac vent so it gets very stuffy with one person in it during the summer. Even with the minor issues I’m satisfied with this trailer. I keep discovering things that I really like. And it has quite a lot of storage. More than we could fill with a family of four.
- Bob, British Columbia

2020-08-04 2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

This trailer is amazingly insulated in hot and cold weather. When getting ready to take it out it's parked at my house I want to sleep in it. It's been an amazing get away. If camping in a crowded area this trailer blocks noise. It has an amazing amount of storage and the granite we added adds so much to my vacation home on wheels.
- Ernie, Washington

2020-08-03 2017 Northwood Nash 22H View Listings

The Northwood Nash 22H has been an outstanding value for the money! Quality built and made to travel off the road...great all weather coach with well designed and gracious interiors. Sleeps up to four and can accommodate my wife and her extensive wardrobe in the huge bathroom closet...dressing area. We have both been impressed with our purchase and the service from both the manufacturer and dealer. We would recommend this brand highly.
- L. Cayton, Idaho

2020-08-01 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Best RV I have ever owned. No problems at all. Excellent floor plan, very high build quality. Wrap around rear windows combined with open floor plan gives a relaxed feel to living in the trailer. Very well insulated against both heat and cold. Hard to beat for a family travel trailer.
- Dan Dieringer, Washington

2020-07-28 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Our first time out with our new rig the shower door completely fell off. The whole bedroom rug flooded. Driving back in PDX traffic the slide out started coming out. When we called they couldn’t take it in for 2 weeks and asked me to pull the carpet out and put some space heaters in to dry the wood. I did that. They took it in and tightened up the pull out and replaced the carpet and said all leaks were fixed. Never told me where it came from but fine. Second time out, what to my surprise I’m sitting at the table and all of a sudden water is coming from underneath all the kitchen cabinets! I just had the pos in to be fixed! So I do some looking and the water lines to the kitchen sink were both leaking! I left a nice little comment on Apache RV in Portland if you’d like to see what I had to say! So I went to a 25y forum only to find out what a POS this model is! Since then so many things have happened it’s unbelievable. Awning lights worked only one time, black tank is all messed up. Had to replace hitch riser, rivets have popped out everywhere, just waiting for a wall to fall in on us. Air, fan and heat have all gone out on us. I had a 35 foot Outback before this and I kick myself every time I think about why I turned it in for this POS. Finally spoke to a man about his 25y and he helped a lot. All he said was “learn to fix everything yourself” saves a lot of stress and heart ache. No more warrantee (which never kicked in) so it saves to fix myself. I don’t know yet what to do about the black tank but I’ll learn! If you are reading this, never buy a Northwood product. All you get from them is angry ol men on the phone!!!
- Martin Bear, Washington

2020-07-27 2016 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

The windows are hard to open. The wiring is cheap, thin, and so are the connectors. The speaker’s had dented covers. The bathroom’s plastics break easy. I really think that this trailer is extremely overpriced. Will never buy another.
- Edward Adams, Nevada

2020-07-17 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 27T View Listings

Bought this rear livingroom unit used but in immaculate condition. So comfortable, great for older couple. Changed out stairs for new Solidsteps. Have used several times now for a week or 2 at a time. Pull w/3/4 ton pickup. Table and chairs, no booth. Shifted table around to accommodate XL dog crate and lab dog - no problem. Love it!
- Lynne Cross, Washington

2020-06-14 2018 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

DISLIKES: Bought this in 2018 from Nelson's RV in Boise (now Camping World). Had 1 previous owner for 3 months who traded up to something bigger (or so they said). Looked good on the lot, but very disappointing. Badly made cabinetry came apart within 2 trips, poorly finished outside seams (looks like it has been worked on before for leaks). Gauges have never worked properly. Bed too short for anyone over 5'9". Very dark in the kitchen area. Two underpowered Centennial 75Ah batteries that barely last 2 days while boondocking. Wiring harness shoddily made and assembled, looks like a fire waiting to happen. For this price, expected more from a Nash, which is supposed to be a better quality rig than most. Likes: floorplan, Onan 3600 generator, kitchen layout & counterspace.
- Laurence Parsons, Idaho

2020-05-31 2019 Northwood Nash 29S View Listings

I’m a huge fan of the Nash 29S layout and insulated qualities, but, I’m quite disappointed by the Q/A on this trailer out of the factory. Recently bought this trailer brand new and experienced the following issues from pickup: Fridge door wouldn’t lock shut (Fixed at dealer) Main Screen door doesn’t shut (fixable, but annoying) Bathroom door didn’t shut properly (wouldn’t latch) (Fix at dealer) Microwave has a short and doesn’t turn off after using - if you touch the door, it will just turn on. Sawdust everywhere Solar Panel came off the mount on the initial drive home from the deal - the entire mount sheered off and the panel was hanging by just the cable The fuse for the command center was put in crooked and blown our first night out (resulting in a trip into town for new fuse) One of the USB ports has intermittent power - just keeps going in and out Wallpaper peeling in a couple locations - not the end of the world, but it’s a brand new trailer Black tank indicator doesn’t work at all (just says empty, even after 3 days of camping in it) Overall, I’m pretty disappointed that a trailer leaves the factory like this. Perhaps all these things happened during transit, perhaps the dealer needed to do a better PDI... I’ve always been told Nash’s quality is top notch, but I’m really second guessing that right now. Hopefully all issues get resolved swiftly by the dealer, but kind of a pain when they are 2 hours away.
- Jamie , Alberta

2020-02-01 2020 Northwood Nash 26N View Listings

We just purchased the 26N from North West RV, Spokane WA and almost home in Ohio with it. We made the trip there and back through snow, ice, and Rocky Mtns. Wonderful trip and quite an adventure - a good experience! The NW team had everything ready for us and spent the time going over every in of the rig with us - from setting up the hitch to how they winterized the water system. Did I mention this is our first TT. We have zero complaints and the trailer is definitely a four season TT - everything functions and no quality issues as of yet. We are planning a Florida trip this March and will keep you posted on the TT. We have been looking for our first trailer for last couple years but not happy with defects that jumped out as we went trough them - and being an avid hunter I needed a four season to replace a mountain tent. We are pulling with a 2016 6.2 F-250 (gas) with a brake controller. Pulled great and averaged little over 11 mpg
- DG, Ohio

2020-01-31 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Northwood Arctic Fox 25W has a great floor plan with 2 doors which is what my wife wanted. The rear kitchen is great specially with the windows giving you a great view from it. This is a very well built unit. Solid real wood anchors were all the corners meet and the cabinets are mounted. Built for all 4 seasons. The unit that I have has the ProPride 3P Hitch system which makes it have no sway at all. We love it.
- Augusto, Florida

2019-12-03 2016 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

We bought a 2016 brand new Acrtic fox and right away we found 29 problems.We called the usa factory in Utah and he was the most rudeness ass in the world. Could not help us with nothing.All he kept telling us was oh it should of never been built like that We were like no kidding. Example of 29 items broken.The kitchen sink is cracked,the otter cover at the front was not screwed in 4 missing bolts. Parts coming apart like the bed frame etc. We would NEVER buy any Actic Fox again.
- Diana Godfrey , British Columbia

2019-11-01 2017 Northwood Nash 25C View Listings

I own a Northwood Nash 25C for just over a year. The Nash is a perfect RV for a couple with children or a single person, due to the layout; bunk beds, a queen bed, and the dinette turns into a bed as well. I have not had any problems with the RV. I have taken it off-road on several occasions for dry-camping. I spent weeks out in the woods or up a mountain without any issues. This RV stays warmer longer in winter (I got caught in a couple of winter storms in Colorado) and stays cold longer in the summer heat ( weeks spent in Florida during summer). Based on other reviews I would say that attention to detail has not been Northwood's strong point of late. But I am handy and the items that needed tucking in or re-gluing were easy fixes. Overall I have not had any real issues with my NASH 25C.
- Denise Smith, Georgia

2019-10-05 1999 Northwood Nash 25s View Listings

We bought a used 1999 Nash 5th Wheel. We love it. Everything works great. Nice spacious floor plan, we are very comfortable in it. No complaints. We are very impressed with it. Lots of cupboards and storage.
- Sharon, British Columbia

2019-05-18 2018 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

Northwood, Nash 17-K It is a great trailer,off road chasie pulls like a dream only use the sway bars, I love the dual pane windows and lots of windows for views. This is my second Nash this unit has no slide which I like you don't have to unhook and level up if you are in hurry for just a over night stay. It is above most for the build and I have looked at most in the price range, kitchen cabinets are wood with metal slides, lots of counter space. The bath has lots of space counter is bigger than most. Great Trailer
- Vaughn Forsberg, Arizona

2019-02-23 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

It's been an interesting road with this unit, so to speak. The bathroom plumbing freezes around 10 degrees F at night if the interior temperature is set at 60. We don't use skirting or other "helps." Definitely not "4 Season" on its own unless you're in the southern half of the US and not in the mountains. It needs skirting and pads with lots of electricity available and lots of propane if it's going to stay thawed lower than that. The slide area is bitter cold if it is left extended. Very inefficient as it takes as much or more energy to heat this small trailer as it does for a new 1,400 sq. ft. house in the north. When it gets really cold, the bottom of the exterior walls develop frost if they are behind a cabinet front or fixture, especially where the frame members appear to be. We like most other things about it, including tank capacities, towing characteristics, and durability.
- Reluctant Poster, Washington

2018-11-05 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

We bought this Nash 24M trailer new in 2014 and have been completely happy with it. It is very well thought out, tows great, 4 season, nice interior, has great storage and is the best over all travel trailer we've owned.
- Mick Chase, Idaho

2018-10-29 2016 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

UPSTANDING Not only the product but the staff and service provided!!! One phone call and they offered to fix our issue at their plant. When we arrived they were a delight to work with and offered to fix any other issues we were concerned about. They replaced the regulator for the LP Tanks and one small curtain holder. All done free of charge on a trailer that was almost 3 yrs old!!! Thank You Thank You --- if only all business were as easy to work with!!! Thanks to Justin, Dave and Brent.
- Bryan J Erhart, Montana

2018-07-19 2016 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

Great weekender travel trailer. A true 4-season unit. Perfect for those cold winter nights, boondocking, and traveling to remote off-road locations. A great starter RV that will serve your needs for years to come.
- William Runyan, Colorado