Northwood Nash Reviews on RV Insider (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood Nash RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bob Read from British Columbia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

This is our second Nash trailer. First was a 2014 23D. Second is a 2015 24M. Many issues on first but all were fixed by our dealer. Both trailers had plumbing issues under shower which saturated all underbelly insulation and the amount of sawdust and construction debris left under cabinets, shower and furnace is atrocious. Second trailer 24M had 2 outside wall delaminations but new skins were put on both walls. After 18 months travelling thru Utah we had a broken spring and ended up replacing all 4 as others were bent and flat . This is exactly the same problem others have experienced. Factory rep did not respond to our email. Trailer is definitely not overloaded as we always travel light. Trailer is marketed as off road chassis and certified chassis. Repair facility said springs are too light for trailer. Not recommending this brand anymore.
- Bob Read, British Columbia

2020-10-28 2019 Northwood Nash 29S View Listings

Well just completed 7 months of full time living with approx 7k miles. 2 adults and 2 kids. This trailer was really good 1 quick repair during the entire time. The only issue I had fixed was a propane hose started leaking and so I just turned off the gas for that side and used the opposite. Calling Northwood they arranged a repair place just 45 min away and a 30 min repair and I was on my way. While I had minor screw tightening and screen door adjusting and even shower caulking to do on the road. I was very impressed with the quality of the trailer as well as the manufacturer support. 1 window didn't slide all the way open and that was not critical enough for me to fix while living in it however Northwood arranged to get that fixed as soon as I stopped travelling full time. In short this is a great trailer and I could not be happier especially hearing some of the horror stories from others who were back and forth to the dealer multiple times in the first few months. Thank you Northwood for a great quality product that just works. My whole family loved the trailer and were sad when we sold it. I would recommend the double pane windows for sound insulation as much as heating and cooling. Also little things like quality tyres and a usable bed which on other trailers need to be replaced before you can really use it. We did add a mattress topper for a little softer feel. Overall really happy and highly recommend to anyone who is in the market for a trailer. Only star dropped was due to curtains covering the bunk beds rather than something more substantial.
- Shawn Smith, California

2020-09-30 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

Great trailer overall in terms of floor plan for a bunkhouse. Good features such as fully insulated/heated plumbing. Coach and windows are well insulated - slept in several snow storms and hardly knew it with no frozen pipes. Nice gas access w/ the quick connect toward the back. Problem is that Northwood seems to have put bad leaf springs in the suspension system on those manufactured around this time. Had one break had it and its twin on that axle replaced and now the other broke on the other side. The repair people said it was pretty unusual on a trailer of this age and even said that they've seen most trailers go their whole life span w/ out broken springs. I see others post the same problem with their 2014 Nash trailers. On a dual axle, a broken spring is very dangerous as the wheels can contact each other in tow. I called Northwood and they said to contact the company that made the suspension - no response. I posted a bad review on Google and a Northwood rep responded dismissively saying they didn't install "bad" springs and suggesting it must be something I did - overloading the trailer - which I've never done - admitting that they "upgraded" springs for more capacity on later trailers which I get for marketing to new buyers but does nothing for MY trailer and ME! My trailer has been very pampered with very few miles on it and covered in storage most of its life so far. I get that these things require maintenance and can cost quite a bit to do so - but it seems only fair that Northwood should offer some way to make good on this. Not happy right now.
- Andres Martinez, Colorado

2020-09-14 2019 Northwood Nash 24B View Listings

Overall I don't give anything 5 stars EVER! But, with that said this Nash is a very good quality unit with no major issues so far. Just bought the unit from a dealer in PA and drove there from NH. I have owned many campers in my life and lately they are mostly junk, with a few exceptions like Northwood and Outdoors RV. When my wife mentioned that she would consider a camper again and since I sold my 21' Outdoors RV last summer, I told her the only one I would buy in the Northeast was located in PA and was this NASH unit I have had my eye on since the beginning of the year and still available. The dealership did a thorough PDI and all systems worked including valves, USB charging ports, etc. Quality seemed very good throughout the camper with a few imperfections here and there...but really minor. The window shade on top bunk did not work and the wood door on the cabinet by the bathroom door had huge knots that don't look the greatest and may impact the integrity of the door someday. Working with dealer getting these replaced so we shall see. The camper overall is very nice and would not hesitate to buy another Northwood product!!
- Don, New Hampshire

2020-09-07 1996 Northwood Nash 21-5R View Listings

Outside is faded some due to the AZ sun but there isn’t much rust for being 25years old. Awning is slightly torn where it attaches To the bar and is faded but is fully functional. The inside has been nicely remodeled and can comfortable fit a family of three even though it sleeps up to five. Storage is decent with inside outside access under one of the bench seats. A full length closet next to the fridge, and storage under the loft bed. As well as a continual “U” shaped cabinet around the top. It’s worth taking a look at if your looking for a tiny house, spare bedroom, or office. Would be a good weekender ride.
- Ted, Arizona

2020-09-05 1996 Northwood Nash 21-5R View Listings

Beautifully kept for a 25 yr old camper! Very clean, quaint and updated, plus the hitch and truck are a buying options. Worth noting that axels have been switched so that there’s more ground clearance. Good find, awesome deal!
- April , Arizona

2020-08-04 2019 Northwood Nash 24B View Listings

Purchased a new 2019 24b 6300 dry 8000 loaded. Towed it through local mountains with no issues on first trip. Some minor quality issues arose during first trip. 1.queen bed has storage but the attached strut is not strong enough to hold up the bed to add items.2. Rear bottom bunk strut is also not strong enough to hold up the bed to add storage underneath. 3. Gutter rail on passenger side has gap so when the air conditioning was running the water dropped down the side of the trailer as it didn’t make it to the water spouts on the corner. 5. Great water tank drain valve didn’t work. Gray tank kept draining during the trip. Luckily it was a full hook up site. 6. Entertainment centre was hard to figure out while using the instructions. Still not sure how to switch to DVD from radio. 7. Some of the USB charging ports didn’t work. I think there were some more minor issues but I can’t think of them. Trailer is scheduled for trip back to the dealer to get the issues fixed. I like the layout, the bathroom is large and comfortable with the porcelain toilet. The shower door is retractable and feels flimsy. I’m sure it will break before long. The bunks are hard to get into with small openings. The bottom bunk has no window or ac vent so it gets very stuffy with one person in it during the summer. Even with the minor issues I’m satisfied with this trailer. I keep discovering things that I really like. And it has quite a lot of storage. More than we could fill with a family of four.
- Bob, British Columbia

2020-08-03 2017 Northwood Nash 22H View Listings

The Northwood Nash 22H has been an outstanding value for the money! Quality built and made to travel off the road...great all weather coach with well designed and gracious interiors. Sleeps up to four and can accommodate my wife and her extensive wardrobe in the huge bathroom closet...dressing area. We have both been impressed with our purchase and the service from both the manufacturer and dealer. We would recommend this brand highly.
- L. Cayton, Idaho

2020-07-27 2016 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

The windows are hard to open. The wiring is cheap, thin, and so are the connectors. The speaker’s had dented covers. The bathroom’s plastics break easy. I really think that this trailer is extremely overpriced. Will never buy another.
- Edward Adams, Nevada

2020-06-14 2018 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

DISLIKES: Bought this in 2018 from Nelson's RV in Boise (now Camping World). Had 1 previous owner for 3 months who traded up to something bigger (or so they said). Looked good on the lot, but very disappointing. Badly made cabinetry came apart within 2 trips, poorly finished outside seams (looks like it has been worked on before for leaks). Gauges have never worked properly. Bed too short for anyone over 5'9". Very dark in the kitchen area. Two underpowered Centennial 75Ah batteries that barely last 2 days while boondocking. Wiring harness shoddily made and assembled, looks like a fire waiting to happen. For this price, expected more from a Nash, which is supposed to be a better quality rig than most. Likes: floorplan, Onan 3600 generator, kitchen layout & counterspace.
- Laurence Parsons, Idaho

2020-05-31 2019 Northwood Nash 29S View Listings

I’m a huge fan of the Nash 29S layout and insulated qualities, but, I’m quite disappointed by the Q/A on this trailer out of the factory. Recently bought this trailer brand new and experienced the following issues from pickup: Fridge door wouldn’t lock shut (Fixed at dealer) Main Screen door doesn’t shut (fixable, but annoying) Bathroom door didn’t shut properly (wouldn’t latch) (Fix at dealer) Microwave has a short and doesn’t turn off after using - if you touch the door, it will just turn on. Sawdust everywhere Solar Panel came off the mount on the initial drive home from the deal - the entire mount sheered off and the panel was hanging by just the cable The fuse for the command center was put in crooked and blown our first night out (resulting in a trip into town for new fuse) One of the USB ports has intermittent power - just keeps going in and out Wallpaper peeling in a couple locations - not the end of the world, but it’s a brand new trailer Black tank indicator doesn’t work at all (just says empty, even after 3 days of camping in it) Overall, I’m pretty disappointed that a trailer leaves the factory like this. Perhaps all these things happened during transit, perhaps the dealer needed to do a better PDI... I’ve always been told Nash’s quality is top notch, but I’m really second guessing that right now. Hopefully all issues get resolved swiftly by the dealer, but kind of a pain when they are 2 hours away.
- Jamie , Alberta

2020-02-01 2020 Northwood Nash 26N View Listings

We just purchased the 26N from North West RV, Spokane WA and almost home in Ohio with it. We made the trip there and back through snow, ice, and Rocky Mtns. Wonderful trip and quite an adventure - a good experience! The NW team had everything ready for us and spent the time going over every in of the rig with us - from setting up the hitch to how they winterized the water system. Did I mention this is our first TT. We have zero complaints and the trailer is definitely a four season TT - everything functions and no quality issues as of yet. We are planning a Florida trip this March and will keep you posted on the TT. We have been looking for our first trailer for last couple years but not happy with defects that jumped out as we went trough them - and being an avid hunter I needed a four season to replace a mountain tent. We are pulling with a 2016 6.2 F-250 (gas) with a brake controller. Pulled great and averaged little over 11 mpg
- DG, Ohio

2019-11-01 2017 Northwood Nash 25C View Listings

I own a Northwood Nash 25C for just over a year. The Nash is a perfect RV for a couple with children or a single person, due to the layout; bunk beds, a queen bed, and the dinette turns into a bed as well. I have not had any problems with the RV. I have taken it off-road on several occasions for dry-camping. I spent weeks out in the woods or up a mountain without any issues. This RV stays warmer longer in winter (I got caught in a couple of winter storms in Colorado) and stays cold longer in the summer heat ( weeks spent in Florida during summer). Based on other reviews I would say that attention to detail has not been Northwood's strong point of late. But I am handy and the items that needed tucking in or re-gluing were easy fixes. Overall I have not had any real issues with my NASH 25C.
- Denise Smith, Georgia

2019-10-05 1999 Northwood Nash 25s View Listings

We bought a used 1999 Nash 5th Wheel. We love it. Everything works great. Nice spacious floor plan, we are very comfortable in it. No complaints. We are very impressed with it. Lots of cupboards and storage.
- Sharon, British Columbia

2019-05-18 2018 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

Northwood, Nash 17-K It is a great trailer,off road chasie pulls like a dream only use the sway bars, I love the dual pane windows and lots of windows for views. This is my second Nash this unit has no slide which I like you don't have to unhook and level up if you are in hurry for just a over night stay. It is above most for the build and I have looked at most in the price range, kitchen cabinets are wood with metal slides, lots of counter space. The bath has lots of space counter is bigger than most. Great Trailer
- Vaughn Forsberg, Arizona

2018-11-05 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

We bought this Nash 24M trailer new in 2014 and have been completely happy with it. It is very well thought out, tows great, 4 season, nice interior, has great storage and is the best over all travel trailer we've owned.
- Mick Chase, Idaho

2018-10-29 2016 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

UPSTANDING Not only the product but the staff and service provided!!! One phone call and they offered to fix our issue at their plant. When we arrived they were a delight to work with and offered to fix any other issues we were concerned about. They replaced the regulator for the LP Tanks and one small curtain holder. All done free of charge on a trailer that was almost 3 yrs old!!! Thank You Thank You --- if only all business were as easy to work with!!! Thanks to Justin, Dave and Brent.
- Bryan J Erhart, Montana

2018-07-19 2016 Northwood Nash 23D View Listings

Great weekender travel trailer. A true 4-season unit. Perfect for those cold winter nights, boondocking, and traveling to remote off-road locations. A great starter RV that will serve your needs for years to come.
- William Runyan, Colorado

2018-02-24 2004 Northwood Nash 38L View Listings

This TT floor plan is great mainly because of the enclosed bathroom. It is next to the bedroom with an access door, with another door off the hallway. The pantry and full sized fridge make it very convienent almost as a home kitchen should be. Between the pantry and kitchen cabinets storage throughout especially under the queen as fulltime living there is food and necesary items for normal replacment about every month. Like boat designers, RV designers don't really care to maximize space with better placement of hoses, etc. No shutoffs for sinks, shower or toilet. The vinyl or plastic in corners, ceiling/ floors cracks in a few years but better replaced with wood quarter round molding. There are other complaints but generally I am happy with it and can correct most things myself.It comes with a full set of equipment manuels. We bought it after it was sitting in the dealer's yard for about 2 years and the tag on on soft material chair faded from light- except under the tag! Dick Gore made good immediately and paid for another chair of our choice. Great opening windows everywhere except bunk room,but good outlets for appliances and fans. A nice touch is the amplified tv signal to the roof ant. We lost power for 2 weeks but managed- with Tv!The battery with the very smart charger is still the original!! and working fine.We don't worry about power outage especially since we have a 12v pump and tank of fresh water. If we did worry about our runnig the battery down with lights and water pump we would have an extra battery or charger but figered we could always use the car and its battery. We have lived in it for 12 years. Have added a small freezer,desk PC,veggie bin, small tables and a rollaway type island,etc. and still room for my 2 full size piano accordions. Unfortunately at 84 years I don't care to get up on the roof to clear leaves or branches, and my wife suddenly finds fault with the steps? This Nash is up for sale so we can find a rent hopefully in or near this beautiful and quiet spot.
- Robert C Parnoff, Florida

2017-09-14 2017 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

Purchased our Nash 24M new in spring 2017. We loved the floorplan and the slide out couch. Incredible room with it out and easily workable even with it in. Ours has double pane windows which I would recommend - no condensation and stays cooler. We held out for this year because of the fabric and the 100% LED's. Our intent was to get something that would go off road and gravel, dry camp and stay together and Nash seemed to fill the bill. We saw other 24M's with a few issues (poor trim, cabinet doors, etc) before we bought this one. We have had zero issues with six trips and 4,000 miles. We have dragged it off road in the desert to the top of a ridge over a trail w no issues. Another 60 miles of gravel with no issues. Upon delivery we had one issue - a hammer type indent in the dining room table and the dealer swapped it out at delivery. On trip four our water lines coming off of the water pump were thumping against the seat frame but a quick wrap with pipe insulation fixed it. The trailer sits high which is good off road but this does create more wind resistance when towing. The tongue height is equal with the tailgate down so we have to pad the tailgate to put it down while hooked up. We tow it with a 5.7L Tundra. Plenty of power and braking through the mountains, marginal fuel mileage - 9.4 mpg or less when towing. Trailer weighs 6,450 lbs fully loaded. It is under the 9,000 lb rating of our Tundra configuration but I would not recommend going any heavier. We feel blessed to have gotten a great trailer with zero issues at this point. We plan on this one being in the fold for a long time. Great job Northwood Crew!
- Paul Harlan, Oregon

2017-09-12 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

Bought this trailer new in 2014. So many problems it's hard to know where to start. Some just simple quality control, some design and some misrepresentation. Here's the list: 2 cupboard doors fell off as pilot screw holes were too big( same on the key rack). Undersink electronic junction box was never screwed to the wall! Wire broke when swinging around. Kinked water line meant no hot water to sink. Kitchen drawers so poorly installed that the bottom of one drags on the top of the next- almost scraping through the bottom, he'd to re-install drawer glides. Screws not installed straight on several bits of hardware. Awning attachment rail was never installed correctly( gaps in dried caulking and resultant leaks). Vinyl cover strip on corners and roof all shrunk several inches, pulling out of corners and caulking- had to be replaced. could not attach gas line to BBQ as no room between swing arm and trailer. Sawdust everywhere! First time turned on the a/c it blew everywhere- still a problem years later. Viewing angle from sofa to tv such that can't see screen- had to install shim so TV viewable. Roughly 15,000km on trailer ( 95% on pavement and no Off-roading) 2 springs broken and 2 inverted and ready to break. Cost me $950 for whole new suspension set up. Local suspension expert said springs were badly undersized. Had a flat tire, when I took it in for repair, I found out it had been badly repaired (patch over nail that was not removed) before I bought the "new" trailer. Poorly latching doors, must deadbolt to ensure they stay closed. Water pump had to be replaced. On the plus side, dealer installed solar panels are great and it looks good.
- Mark Hopkins, British Columbia

2017-08-22 2010 Northwood Nash 17K View Listings

We bought this Nash because a set of parents and three siblings had purchased Nashes. They all gave the quality a high rating. We have had to put a little money into ours. We replaced an inverter not too long ago. Other than that, it seems to be holding up well. Our son lived in it for about 6 months while working for the National Park Service and my husband did the same a couple of times for a few months each. The only issue we have now is the convertible sofa bed. It just isn't very comfortable. We bought a thick topper for it, which worked for awhile, but has also been a pain to store. We rarely break down the bed to make a sofa, which doesn't give us much seating room inside. It is pretty inconvenient to put up and take down. We are now looking to buy a replacement futon mattress (custom) for it in the hopes of a better night's sleep. I would caution people to think long and hard about not having a dedicated bed. Other than that, it is a pretty nice little unit.
- MEW, Idaho

2017-07-14 2014 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

I really like the layout and the overall quality of the Nash 24M. One problem I am having is with broken springs. The first spring broke (drivers side front) on a trip this year (2017) and the second one broke today (2017). The trailer is rated at 7,000 lbs and the axle springs are 3,500 lbs. This leaves no safety margin. The trailer is rated for off-road use if anyone knows what that is. Anyone else we have this experience? I tow underweight and level.
- David Burns, Oregon

2017-06-16 2017 Northwood Nash 24M View Listings

This is our second Nash, as we had our first one for 17 years. Mainly used for local camping trips. We purchased the 24m in Feb.2017. It took a numbers of phone calls to get the instruction books from the dealer that we purchased it from as very few came with the trailer. That experience was pretty frustrating. The quality of this trailer is not as good as the 2000 Nash we had. The bathroom Medicine cabinet is about as cheap as they could get, very poor quality.
- Mark Risk, California

2017-05-21 2015 Northwood Nash 18L View Listings

Though I need to sell my Nash, there are at least 4 major reasons love it. (1) OFF-ROAD CHASSIS which is independently certified. Seems really strong and I like the high clearance! The tongue easily supports not only 2, 30lb LP tanks but also my heavy-duty batteries. (2) LAYOUT (interior): Jack-knife Sofa at front end with queen bed at other end. Lots of cabinets and storage (under bed and bench seat). (3). Built-in LP ONAN GENERATOR though most 18L's just come with the compartment to install a Gen. The switch is located Inside the unit at the Control Panel. (4) Well-insulated, tight trailer (thermal windows etc.): Comfortable and quiet! Lots of smaller features I like: LED lights Roof Rack LP connection (quick-release) for outside Grills. Fresh water dump valve Enclosed underbelly Front rock-protection 10 Gal. Water Heater I've only had one very minor problem: a few of the cabinet door hinges were working loose which was easy to fix. For me the Livability is 5-star because gettin in and out of the corner bed is no problem. For some others, especially a couple, it might be. If I was in better health and not getting up in yrs., I would keep my Nash!
- Steve Hallack, New Mexico