Northwood Arctic Fox Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (24)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Northwood Arctic Fox Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mike from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 22G View Listings

Picked unit up this fall have not had opportunity to camp yet, but have completely gone through unit found it to be very well constructed. At the time of purchase I had the dealer put a marine type electrical connection on the trailer so that you have a power cord that you just roll up a store, instead of trying to feed the companies supplied permanently connected power cord back in to the limited spare compartment for storage. I have found this to be very challenging when the weather is cold to get this stored away. Applied DAP spray foam insulation in a number of locations, I.e. Drain piping holes, water line holes, gap through holding tank covers and outer drain line (mouse entered unit through this space). Spar polyurethaned all non finished wood surfaces, under dinette cushions, in all compartments, and draws. Replaced cheap range back splash contact paper with a glass tile one. Have been in the unit at 15 degrees below zero and was very pleased at how fast it heated up with the factory furnace. i had to vacuum up quite a bit of sawdust, wiring debris, electrical stackon's, on the floor where the electrical inverter is, behind the fuse/breaker panel. Will be leaving in a couple of weeks with this unit for a trip down south will post my experience upon returning. Site will not let me leave it without rating livability, will give it a three for now till I spend more time in it.
- Mike, Wisconsin

2021-02-06 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

Bought it new. Full timers. Came with every option including generator. Had a significant list of squawks. Frame was rusting. Drawers needed repairing. Other little stuff that I took care of. I was impressed by the frame strength -- very good. I have been doing many upgrades. We removed the short wall at the foot of the bed. Stupid design. We treated and repainted frame with Por 15 products.(lots of work). I added 7 inches of isopoly insulation boards under front half of trailer in large empty spaces. (R40 anyone?) Upgraded to Moryde IS with disc brakes. (They are the best.) Later found water freezing up at 20 degrees F. There was about 15 feet of un-insulated vinyl hose from fresh water tank to pump. Duhh. That was freezing up. Put heat tape on it. Then insulated the heck out of it. Removed back half coplast underbelly, installed extra Ultra Heat pads on tanks and dump valves. Added lot's of pink insulation everywhere and closed it up with 2 to 4 inches of isopoly insulation boards under tanks and enclosed full underbelly. Used eternabond to seal everything up. Painted it with black enamel. Put lots of insulation behind from headboard of bed. Was very cold area lacking much insulation. Plastic film over the dual pane windows. Door blanket over door. Solar, large screen TV and satellite too. 600 ah Lithium battery bank, inverter, b to b charger. Anyway, this is now the warmest, tightest, most comfortable trailer i have every owned. I do not skirt it because we travel a lot. It is 6 degrees as i write this. 80 degrees inside trailer. (We have spent most of our lives in the tropics and like it very warm.) One small electric space heater and one dehumidifier keeping it nice and warm and dry. At this temp of 6, once every two hours or so, the lp furnace will cycle for just a few minutes. Above 10 degrees no lp furnace needed at all. Attention to detail, added lots of insulation, and a good design to start with. I think (guess) this trailer is good to 30 below now. I will test it to -12 F below in two nights. It tows like a dream. Have pulled it is 50 MPH crosswinds with F250 -- no problem, no sway. Coated outside with nano ceramic coating. Bugs don't stick. Have boondocks for three weeks at a time in it. (Tank size sets the outside limit without blueboy and water bladder backup.) Can access everything with slide in. Great for rest area naps. It is a heavy trailer. Well built but they could put more attention to details. Overall, I won't trade this trailer for anything I else I have seen. With my many mods, it is my castle on wheels and I love it. Would not trade it for Airstream or any other trailer that is 27 feet. Took some work, and some money, but I think this unit now is the best. It is NOT for sale!
- wertz, Illinois

2020-12-06 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

4.0 quality throughout. Can use this 25R without extending the slide out while in transit allowing use of the bathroom and refrigerator without any inconvenience The insulation Northwood installs prevents the AC from running continually when the outside temperature in very hot Have not used it in the winter however the undercarriage is heated and is a true 4 season RV
- Roger Stenzel, Montana

2020-10-14 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Recently purchased a new 2020 25W from Kelly RV in Milton PA. I'm a first time trailer owner. First, The team at Kelly did a super job prepping the rig on the day of pickup. All the "options" and Reese Wt distributing hitch ready to go after they provided a very thorough walk-through and operations. Great Sales and service group! Now for the trailer: I took it on an 800mi maiden voyage up to northern NY for a week of Steelhead/salmon fishing. Being a novice at big-box tow (F250 6.7 T powerstroke) it took a bit of white-knuckling for the first hour or so, but ya necessarily pick it up quickly. To an experienced big-box puller, this has got to be easy stuff. Pulled into my friend's property, leveled and set up boondocked. No popped screws or sawdust anywhere in the trailer! Days were low 50's (at best) night's were high 30s. The trailer was warm and cozy the entire time, even through a full day of 45mph winds with sideways rain/sleet (not a good fishing day). All the services worked perfectly. It used only a fraction of the LP in one tank for the entire week (thermostat at 65 at night). Had 2 Optima Blue batteries and 170W solar added as options, never ran out of juice even thru a 36H period with no/little sunlight. Recharged back to full by late morning... amazing. Fresh water tank (shower every day etc) had 1/3 left, grey(s) and black were at 1/3 full. and the heated/massaging recliners are a godsend after a day walking a big river. Bottom line - the AF25W is very comfortable, well equipped and frankly, just easy to get comfortable with. So to a first-timer, on his first solo boondock voyage, the trailer is fantastic. I'll do another review after a few more trips.
- John M, Pennsylvania

2020-08-21 2020 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Excellent and reliable, suspension is safe and easy to tow, fully insulated as it is a true FOUR SEASONS RV. Upgraded ac keeps RV cool on hottest days, all wood cabinets, plenty of storage, large refrigerator & freezer with stove which all operates on propane or electric.
- James Bullock, Texas

2020-08-04 2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

This trailer is amazingly insulated in hot and cold weather. When getting ready to take it out it's parked at my house I want to sleep in it. It's been an amazing get away. If camping in a crowded area this trailer blocks noise. It has an amazing amount of storage and the granite we added adds so much to my vacation home on wheels.
- Ernie, Washington

2020-08-01 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Best RV I have ever owned. No problems at all. Excellent floor plan, very high build quality. Wrap around rear windows combined with open floor plan gives a relaxed feel to living in the trailer. Very well insulated against both heat and cold. Hard to beat for a family travel trailer.
- Dan Dieringer, Washington

2020-07-28 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Our first time out with our new rig the shower door completely fell off. The whole bedroom rug flooded. Driving back in PDX traffic the slide out started coming out. When we called they couldn’t take it in for 2 weeks and asked me to pull the carpet out and put some space heaters in to dry the wood. I did that. They took it in and tightened up the pull out and replaced the carpet and said all leaks were fixed. Never told me where it came from but fine. Second time out, what to my surprise I’m sitting at the table and all of a sudden water is coming from underneath all the kitchen cabinets! I just had the pos in to be fixed! So I do some looking and the water lines to the kitchen sink were both leaking! I left a nice little comment on Apache RV in Portland if you’d like to see what I had to say! So I went to a 25y forum only to find out what a POS this model is! Since then so many things have happened it’s unbelievable. Awning lights worked only one time, black tank is all messed up. Had to replace hitch riser, rivets have popped out everywhere, just waiting for a wall to fall in on us. Air, fan and heat have all gone out on us. I had a 35 foot Outback before this and I kick myself every time I think about why I turned it in for this POS. Finally spoke to a man about his 25y and he helped a lot. All he said was “learn to fix everything yourself” saves a lot of stress and heart ache. No more warrantee (which never kicked in) so it saves to fix myself. I don’t know yet what to do about the black tank but I’ll learn! If you are reading this, never buy a Northwood product. All you get from them is angry ol men on the phone!!!
- Martin Bear, Washington

2020-07-17 2014 Northwood Arctic Fox 27T View Listings

Bought this rear livingroom unit used but in immaculate condition. So comfortable, great for older couple. Changed out stairs for new Solidsteps. Have used several times now for a week or 2 at a time. Pull w/3/4 ton pickup. Table and chairs, no booth. Shifted table around to accommodate XL dog crate and lab dog - no problem. Love it!
- Lynne Cross, Washington

2020-01-31 2013 Northwood Arctic Fox 25W View Listings

Northwood Arctic Fox 25W has a great floor plan with 2 doors which is what my wife wanted. The rear kitchen is great specially with the windows giving you a great view from it. This is a very well built unit. Solid real wood anchors were all the corners meet and the cabinets are mounted. Built for all 4 seasons. The unit that I have has the ProPride 3P Hitch system which makes it have no sway at all. We love it.
- Augusto, Florida

2019-12-03 2016 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

We bought a 2016 brand new Acrtic fox and right away we found 29 problems.We called the usa factory in Utah and he was the most rudeness ass in the world. Could not help us with nothing.All he kept telling us was oh it should of never been built like that We were like no kidding. Example of 29 items broken.The kitchen sink is cracked,the otter cover at the front was not screwed in 4 missing bolts. Parts coming apart like the bed frame etc. We would NEVER buy any Actic Fox again.
- Diana Godfrey , British Columbia

2019-02-23 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

It's been an interesting road with this unit, so to speak. The bathroom plumbing freezes around 10 degrees F at night if the interior temperature is set at 60. We don't use skirting or other "helps." Definitely not "4 Season" on its own unless you're in the southern half of the US and not in the mountains. It needs skirting and pads with lots of electricity available and lots of propane if it's going to stay thawed lower than that. The slide area is bitter cold if it is left extended. Very inefficient as it takes as much or more energy to heat this small trailer as it does for a new 1,400 sq. ft. house in the north. When it gets really cold, the bottom of the exterior walls develop frost if they are behind a cabinet front or fixture, especially where the frame members appear to be. We like most other things about it, including tank capacities, towing characteristics, and durability.
- Reluctant Poster, Washington

2018-06-28 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox 27T View Listings

First time buyer of an RV. Luckily we chose a Northwood product. After reading Trailer Life and all the problems with trailers made by other manufacturers, we have never had any of those problems. Northwood stands behind their products. They are heavy but they are made to withstand being taken off road. Ask any other manufacturer to OK that and they will cringe. You can live in these units in minus 0 weather and be nice and warm too. There is too much junk being sold to consumers today. BUY a NORTHWOOD product.
- Terry Ezart, British Columbia

2018-01-09 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

2007 Arctic Fox 25r Great trailer handles the harsh eviroment British Columbia has to offer quality speaks foe itself hold their value well total 4 season intsall solar recomendation they come solar ready equiped
- B.C.Fishbuster, British Columbia

2017-11-03 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 22G View Listings

We just bought the 22g this fall and only stayed in one night before winter set in. When we got it home we were disappointed in the workmanship and quality control. Sawdust everywhere,loose and stripped screws, scratches on woodwork and walls. One speaker did not work only to find it was full of saw dust. Water line crimped and in cold weather impossible to put electric cable back. Welds on the fram have splatter everywhere. Caulking outside looks like someone's first attempt. One good thing at this time the major items work.
- Bill Massey, North Dakota

2017-10-09 2018 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

Have had 25R since June. Spent 15 nights in it dry camping this year. So far the only issue has been a circuit board on the hot water heater--Not a Northwood Issue and easy fix. Otherwise, excellent. Very good fit and finish. Everything works as advertised. Very well thought out features. Very easy to own and operated. Really comfortable. Mattress is great. Definitely advise the thermal pane windows. 10 cu ft refer/freezer excellent. Oven works great. Excellent heating and AC system. Tows well with F250 truck. I just don't have any gripes. Been very happy with this unit.
- Merritt Dunlap, Nevada

2017-07-15 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

I had a few issues with interior workmanship. Closet hanger bracket broke loose with light hanger load, carpet was not secure at heating duct by the couch, every reading lamp literally fell because screws being over tightened and stripped the wood, check valve on water pump failed resulting in overflowing water tank while on city water, Norcold refrigerator Model #N821 will not operate above 5,500 ft elevation on LP gas...have to light manually from outside and when it cycles it may not re-light on LP gas...Thretford Corp, owner of Norcold has no fix. Not Northwood's fault. Pros, solid unit, well insulated. We've been out twice for a week each time, one dry camping and one with full hook ups. My major complaint is the refrigerator as we often camp at 8700 ft elevation. I owned two Nash's and had, no refrigerator issues at higher elevations with Norcold.
- Doug, California

2017-06-24 2017 Northwood Arctic Fox 25R View Listings

We purchased our RV in March 2017. In April took it on a road trip to Kentucky. The middle of April moved in and have become full-time RV's. It has been a relatively short period of time, but there has not been a single issue. The trailer is everything Norwood promised. Extremely well built with quality material. It heats nicely and stays warm with the dual pane windows. We are currently in a campground and are excited to get moving and starting our adventure. There is nothing negative we can say at this point, perhaps in the future, but I suspect not. You get what you pay for.
- William J Murphy, Michigan

2017-03-07 2016 Northwood Arctic Fox 32A View Listings

We really love this RV. Has a beautiful fireplace and floorplan. This is our 3rd Arctic Fox, each one got bigger. Very dependable to drive around this beautiful country and very very nice to live in and call home.
- S schiernbeck, Texas

2017-02-04 2007 Northwood Arctic Fox 22GQ View Listings

one leak in a water line I fixed. I store it in unheated dry building every year. workmanship and materials are high. sink low quality and i changed to fiberglass from plastic in the head. never leaked
- dennis, Oregon

2016-04-12 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25P View Listings

With out a doubt, definitely the most well engineered and built trailer we have ever walked through. Rugged construction, solid craftsmanship and eye pleasing design. Higher price point than most, but once you check out an Arctic Fox, you will see the difference.
- I. Nicolai, California

2016-03-21 2004 Northwood Arctic Fox 30U View Listings

Well built RV, Nice appearance, excellent quality trailer.This trailer is warm in the winter months and cool in the summer months, easy towing and set up. The power slides are well designed. Overall this is the best in the market.
- Larry Roever, Alberta

2015-04-08 2009 Northwood Arctic Fox 26J View Listings

Very nice camper. Well built and heavy. The only thing in this camper that was not worthy of being in this unit was the jack knife couch / bed combination. It is of poor quality and design and did not fit the quality of all the other components of this RV.
- Jason Coldwell, Saskatchewan

2014-12-29 2015 Northwood Arctic Fox 25Y View Listings

Heating and air-conditioning system is loud. Oven is small. Microwave too small. Doors should be windproof hinges. Electric trailer jack is too short. Condensation on thermal pane glass. Shower floor is flexing. Under body is flimsy cloth-like membrain should be solid. Awning is too short, should cover both outside doors. Outside cargo door not tight when closed. Closet hanger bracket fell off with a couple of jackets on hangers. ETC.
- Ed, Oregon