Newmar VENTANA Reviews on RV Insider (30)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar VENTANA RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Deborah D from New Mexico says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar Ventana 4002 View Listings

We purchased a 2016 Ventana 4002 brand new off the lot in November 2016. Since then, the unit has been in the shop close to 180 days for various repairs ranging from the radiator fan clutch failing, broken plumbing, broken awnings, seat, refrigerator, dash lights, outdoor step failure, alignment, slide failure, etc, etc,. The local dealer we purchased it from appeared to finally give up as the last time we took the unit to them to fix, it sat on their lot for over a month without any other their technicians even looking at it. Newmar has taken the stance that they are not responsible for the frame, engine or anything going wrong with the dashboard as it was supplied by the frame and engine manufacturer. Newmar now has it at their facility to repair it, but now, it will have been in the shop 180+ days, days that me and my family could not use it. I would not recommend Newmar.
- Deborah D, New Mexico

2020-06-23 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

Bought the RV 4 weeks ago it had a broken window, was told it would be in within a few days. First time taking it out the jacks made a large popping sound when retracting. No working fridge, No AC working, No Working TVs, No working Microwave, No Charge back to the batteries. I took it back to service they looked it over stated they were waiting for Newmar to authorize the warranty work. I bought my new coach from See Grins RV in Gilroy CA. They told me that I would be fine to plug into a campsite plugged into the RV hookup. And again, the unit failed. And nothing worked.I took it back to the dealer and cancelled camp trip. And they said they would get right on it. And again that they were waiting for Newmar to authorize for the repair. Called up and talked to Steve at Newmar customer service and he said " he is getting involved and that the parts would go out next day air and not to worry." Another 3-4 days have gone by contacted the dealer again they stated " They do not have authorization for the parts." Since the customer service agent said he was going to take care of this I can not believe that the miscommunication between the dealer and the manufacturer has been this much of a mess. I talked to Erica my Newmar specialist and she stated that she would call the dealership to make sure they knew that the repair was authorized. My authorization number is 276306 so I do not understand how could a brand new coach that is in the $400,000 range could have these issues? I would think that when they are new that they are tested and make sure they are safe for customer to take them. I consider this a safety violation because there is no charge back from the both house and chassis batteries from the inverter. I'm very disappointed in the service I am receiving and overall the quality of the unit because of the issues I have outlined above.
- Guy Calamia, California

2020-06-03 2019 Newmar Ventana 4348 View Listings

Just purchased from Holiday World RV OF Willis. The walk thru was good. They addressed all issues. However there were not many. After going thru unit for 3 days looking for problems did not fine but two small issues. On first trip coach worked great. Driving was very easy. Wind or passing big rigs did not affect Rv. Turning ratio is great. I would recommend the ventana without any problem. Only issue is owners manual was a little lacking however you can call newmar for questions. They are very helpful.
- Jess , Texas

2020-06-01 2017 Newmar Ventana LE 4037 View Listings

We love this Motorhome, great floor plan, very livable. King Bed, Bath and 1/2. No issues with this Newmar product other than minor mostly operator error issues on our part. Great riding and driving Rig. We tow a Jeep Wrangler with absolutely no issues. Everything you need and nothing that you don't. In my opinion its the most Bang for the Buck in Class A Diesel Pusher Motorhome's.
- Ron Graham, Arkansas

2020-02-12 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3436 View Listings

We have loved this unit. It has been fun to drive and traveling is easy. We are looking for a bigger unit. That is the ONLY reason we are looking to sell it. It has been stored indoors when not in use. We have not had any major issues with the unit.
- Keith, Texas

2020-01-23 2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 View Listings

Newmar is one of the best Coaches made and the 3709 is a great floor plan with 1 and 1/2 baths and when open it is a Fantastic layout! Outside TV and stereo plus easy access to electric outlets make outdoor setup easy and comfortable.2016-2019 Ventana has a new look with Updated Front and Rear Caps and Graphics. This model is available with many upgrades that gives it all the Luxuries of the million dollar RV's
- Jim Newcomb, Florida

2020-01-19 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

This is our 4th Newmar (Bay Star, Canyon Star, Ventana) and now another Ventana. Canyon Star (gas) at 40 feet just didn’t have enough power for our needs. Had a few minor problems but all fixed on the rigs but we have talked to lots of folks over the last 15 years on the road and every brand has their share of problems. There is not a brand out there without issues. Some are production problems, some like a/c units are model problems and some are definitely owner caused problems. We have not had problems with getting it serviced but we did have a service writer that did not listen to us (twice,)but you will find that anywhere. Yes, next one will probably be a Newmar unless Winnebago management ruins the company. Yes, we have friends that swear by their Winnebago Horizons and others that swear at them!
- Keith Moes, Oregon

2019-10-22 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

Purchased new, first RV we've owned. Love the layout for full time use. Both Freightliner and Newmar took care of any and all situation. We've lived in this coach for numerous years. Plenty of space. Would highly recommend this coach to anyone.
- Tony Shultz, Florida

2019-10-19 2016 Newmar Ventana LE 3709 View Listings

We bought this RV New at RV show and have only had a few minor problems that were taken care of right away. Very happy with the floor plan and quality of workmanship. Wish it had a little more power (340hp) like the newer models (360hp). No real problem with towing, just slow going up hills. Also would have liked the sockets in kitchen to have been in the walls instead of under the cabinets. We did some modification after purchase...took couch out and added power theater chairs and took out the bench seating at the dinning table and have two chairs (all personal preference). Overall we are loving it. Most trips have been short ones. Being in our 70's really enjoy the "comfort drove" steering. Hope the merger with Winnebago does not change the quality of the coach in the future...
- Bruce, California

2019-08-12 2015 Newmar Ventana 4315 View Listings

I love this RV. The floorplan is perfect for families with the bunk beds mid-cabin, sleeper sofa up front, and the king bed in the back. The 400 hp Cummings engine is plenty powerful to get around, even while towing an SUV. Quality Newmar construction with Comfort Steering. We got one with all the bells and whistles and were able to live comfortably on it full-time. An all electric coach with the Oasis hydronic heating is the way to go! We also enjoyed the exterior TV/Soundbar under the awning. If you are looking for a quality bunkhouse RV, I would definitely recommend this one.
- Dave, Virginia

2019-07-21 2019 Newmar Ventana LE 3717 View Listings

My coach had tv satellite problems from day one. I have on this coast now for 30 days and I still don’t have satellite nor does my Blu-ray work in the living room . Several Newmar service centers advised me they will not work on your coach unless, you bought it from them. Newmar does not make these service centers take care of their customers. I have driven from Florida to Colorado through Montana Wyoming and Idaho and have never found one Newmar service center willing to help without 23 weeks prior notice. Secondly, they don’t extend the HDMI cable far enough into the TV box are Newmar does not make these service centers take care of their customers. I have driven from Florida to Colorado through Montana Wyoming and Idaho and have never found one Newmar service center willing to help without 23 weeks prior notice. Secondly, they don’t extend the HDMI cable far enough into the TV cabinet and mine broke off. It’s going to take seven weeks for me to get that repaired so I will not have TV satellite for seven weeks. I called the nearest local dealer in liberty Lake Washington and they told me the earliest I can get in is eight weeks from now. They said they don’t have to service me because I did not buy my Newmar from them ! Unless Newmar lays down stringent rules that all Newmar customers must be serviced immediately or face the consequences of potentially losing the dealership , I would never recommend nor buy Newmar !
- Lloyd Clay, Idaho

2019-07-09 2017 Newmar Ventana LE 3412 View Listings

We were pretty excited about purchasing our first Motorhome and selected the Newmar Company because of it's good reputation. WERE WE MISTAKEN!!!!!!! After using it twice we encountered a broken drivers seat, broken TV antenna, insulating foam on one slide that fell off and it appears a piece is missing, dents in the body, an air diverter box behind the refrigerator that fell apart, a drawer latch incorrectly installed so that the drawer will not stay shut, a piece of trim on the bedroom floor cut to short causing a sharp spot one could cut ones foot on, but the biggest problem and BUYER BEWARE is the cheap flooring that not only dents from the rollers but also lost the surface paint or covering and shows white spots and scratches. After the warranty period the TV that comes up from behind the dining table is off it's track and won't come up without using something to guide it past the box. The part for the drivers seat took almost six weeks to get, and after fighting with "Customer Service" (sic) I was able to take the motorhome to a local RV repair shop and after an act of Congress was able to MOST of the repairs done. The floor seems to be another issue. Depending on who you talk to in Customer Service the floor is NOT, I repeat IS NOT under warranty. I tried to find where it specified that but can't find it. The company did send replacement tiles but now I have to find somebody to do the labor and maybe they'll pay for it and maybe not. The real killer came this morning (July 9, 2019) when a representative told me that "skids" that are used to prevent the floor from being injured and scarred are used to transport the vehicles West of the Mississippi. So they want to prevent messing up the floor BEFORE they sell it but after it is sold tough luck. The skids are not provided and according to the rep the damage to the floor is "NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR". Are you kidding??????????? So, would I recommend buying a Newmar product? Not only NO! but HELL NO!! The motorhome is poorly made. The quality control seems to be nonexistent and the warranty is subject to either loads of phone calls, pictures and fighting with customer service reps or driving back and forth to a dealer regardless of how far they might be from where you live. Again I say, BUYER BEWARE!
- Lawrence Kozlowski, Washington

2019-05-16 2018 Newmar Ventana 3412 View Listings

We were actually amazed at the comfort of this 34' 10" coach. We came from a 37' 5 slide-out 5th wheel. The living and kitchen areas are very spacious and the bedroom and bathroom are perfectly adequate. The engine is plenty powerful enough and we don't even notice the toad we're pulling. The design and interior are gorgeous and with the options we have it is opulent. My only complaint is the warranty is too short - only 1 year. Newmar got a bad batch of LED ceiling lights and they have been failing since purchase - now out of warranty. Fortunately they are only $7 each and easy to replace. This coach is very easy to drive and handles exceptionally well in tight spaces. We get into smaller RV park spaces and out of tight gas stations easily.
- Richard Berry, Texas

2019-03-07 2014 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

We looked around for several months for the perfect RV for full time living and this is what we chose. We traveled around the county for a year and had 0 issues, so yes indeed this is a great class A diesel pusher
- Harald Hagen , Georgia

2019-03-03 2006 Newmar Ventana 3936 View Listings

We've owned a few motor-homes A and C class. By far, the Newmar DP Ventana has been the best experience and investment we've made for travel. Plenty of room and rides smooth. Big Horn Wyoming a fast elevation increase hauling a toad is no problem. Ours is a Cat C7 330hp. Never an issue. From Arizona to Idaho, across country and down into the keys...its been worth the adventure and worth the ride.
- Michele and Ryan Jansen, Arizona

2019-01-20 2018 Newmar Ventana 4049 View Listings

Having driven 40' diesel pushers, smaller class C gassers, and pulling a few towables, the sprinter-based RVs are by far the easiest and most comfortable to maneuver around town and flying down the highway. The tradeoff with the comfortable cruise is obviously the living space - which can feel small, especially if it's raining outside. It has what you need to cook, eat, and sleep comfortably just about anywhere - but plan your trips for enjoying the outdoors, and not just hanging out in the RV.
- Anders, California

Verified Owner

2019-01-06 2015 Newmar Ventana 3436 View Listings

Our 3436 has been great for us. We’ve been from tow behind to 5th wheel and this is so much easier in almost every area. The Comfort Drive feature is a major factor when putting a lot of miles on the rig. Newmar really stepped up and replaced our seats, couch, and euro booth due to a bad lot of leather. We would not have any other brand. We have a Dutch star on order.
- Jeff Baker, California

2018-12-07 2018 Newmar Ventana 4049 View Listings

We spent almost 6 weeks this summer traveling to Canada with the coach. The 4049 floor plan eliminates one of the couches in favor of extensive counter and storage. There are just the 2 of us and the additional couch just wastes space. We were very comfortable in the coach and pleased with the quality and amenities (all electric coach). The Newmar Comfort Drive system makes driving a breeze, even in crosswinds and when trucks pass. I do not think there is a better coach out there for comfort, quality and value.
- Broox Peterson, Florida

2018-11-09 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

All electric coach, never smoked in, always stored under RV Port. This unit is ready to go rving. You’ll find it to be near perfect. The front tires are new, the rear tires are 80%. Full wall slide plus the two opposite slides make a great living area for full timers.
- Walker, Arizona

2018-11-02 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3849 View Listings

I love the motorhome. I have owned rvs for 40 years and this is the easiest to drive. Don't see any downsides to living in it. The four slides make it feel like a small apartment. I especially like the household refrigerator. Also the TV rises up on an elevator which gives more counter-space if needed. It also has a high definition satellite antenna as well as an over the air television antenna.
- Pat Elam, Louisiana

Verified Owner

2018-06-28 2012 Newmar Ventana LE 3862 View Listings

great road performance. I have used this coach for four years and really enjoyed it. Easy to drive; it does not wear you out thanks to Newmar's steering system. Easy set up when you arrive. I would like a recliner, but.... In-Motion Satellite will only pick up anolog TV. cable at rv parks will provide HD TV.
- Ed Pierce, Oklahoma

2017-04-22 2014 Newmar Ventana 4037 View Listings

The 2014 Newmar Ventana was our first RV we ever purchased and we were both 70 years old at the time of purchase. The best feature of the Newmar is the absolute pleasure and ease of driving the unit. Riding high off the road with a panoramic vision of everything is amazing. We never had our travel (37,000 miles) interrupted by any need of repair! RV's are fun people....wouldn't trade the experience for anything!
- Michael Victor, Oregon

2017-04-17 2016 Newmar Ventana LE 4044 View Listings

Fantastic RV. Well built, rides and drives really nice. Power Plant, 360 Cummins is adequate, I honestly would prefer a 400 cummins, but other than that it performs well with excellent fuel mileage - around 9.5 mpg. The quality build from Newmar continues to be second to none in a production motor home. Everything worked when we received the unit - nn trips back to the dealer. The cabinetry is up to Newmar's standards and the quality of the products chosen by Newmar are really nice as well. We have never had problems with heating, air conditioning units, slides, leveling jacks, awnings, etc. The electronics are very nice and the livability is very good. We don't care as much for the front dining table, but that is probably a preference on our part. The shower is decent size, I personally don't like the single handle temperature and flow capacity handle, as I do hit it more than I would like when showering - I have told my dealer about this issue - hopefully Newmar will re-evaluate and change in future models. We have been disappointed with the sleep air mattress - I think it is probably very nice for average size people, but it is not a good match for people as heavy as we are. When my wife seats on her side of the dual chamber king bed, it bounces me up! I prefer a memory foam or regular upscale mattress to teh sleep air - even though we paid more for it. This is a problem that can easily be changes - overall I really like the coach and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in full timing or traveling and using it as a second home.
- MICKEY G ENGLAND, Florida

2017-04-09 2013 Newmar Ventana 3634 View Listings

I have only had very minor repairs in this Motorhome. It drives like you would expect from a Newmar motorhome, and is built solid and is beautiful. We have always been proud to have a RV of this high quality.
- Kurt Baker, Arizona

2016-11-11 2012 Newmar Ventana LE 3862 View Listings

Purchased new in 2013 and has been in their repair facilities approx. 1/3 of it's life, after every use. Numerous issues were never fixed satisfactorily and as soon as the initial warranty expired, it's pass the buck. Newmar buys everything from vendors and puts it all together but then informs us not their problem. Did not buy to have it in their shops only to have the warranty clock tick with no use and then it expires. Have had 3 other Class A's and this is the worst.
- TBD, Indiana