Newmar Dutch Star RVs Reviews (52)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Dutch Star RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James Claus from California says:

Have you owned any Newmar Dutch Star RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We got it 03/01/2016 did not get out of the parking lot and the problems begin with the leveling system and slid out in the shop used it 23 days then in the shop for 3 mouths they could not fix it. Then take it to the factory for 3 mouths.At the factory had them install washer & dryer where they broke the drain pipe and flooded the subfloor and storage and the bottom was full of water for 3 mouths. The leveling sys.has never worked and the hole wall slide is falling apart. If it is cold the generator will not start,the 1/2 bath smells like sewage all the time and the floor tiles keep breaking.the windshield wipers still don't work you cannot drive in the rain. NEWMAR DEALERS WILL NOT DO WARRANTY WORK!!!! 13000 MILES FROM SHOP TO SHOP TO FACTORY TO SHOP NEWMAR RESPONSE IS SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE YOUR 1 YEAR WARRANTY IS OVER. NEWMAR WHEN YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE NEWMAR JUNK
- James Claus, California

2019-08-06 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We purchased this RV from Freedom RV in Tucson, Arizona and brought it to Canada 2 months ago. Freedom failed to disclose before our purchase that there was a wall delamination that was repaired by Newmar prior to our purchase. Now we find out that 2 slides were repaired badly at Freedom, and we have water leaking into the coach. Newmar doesn't return our calls and the coach has been sitting for a week at the repair shop, that claims the repair will take them minimally 2 months. We will probably need a lawyer. NEVER purchase from Newmar. Their website is total BS. You are a number, and their financial bottom line is all they care about.
- Karen Parasynchuk, Alberta

2019-08-02 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3812 View Listings

This model RV is like driving a Cadillac. Plenty of power from the Cummins 370, smooth shifting with the Allison 6 speed automatic. Combine that with the best in class Spartan chassis and it makes for an awesome driving, riding, performing RV. Newmar used all the best components putting this RV together. The cabinetry is all wood, no particle board or plywood here. The furniture is all Flexsteel. Top of the line fabric covers all of it. GE microwave/convection is the right size for a family. Norcold fridge keeps all your cold items at the right temp. This RV has been a pleasure to own,drive, and live in!
- Mike Bullock, Missouri

2019-07-28 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3865 View Listings

One of the best motor couch I have ever owned.We took it across country and back up and down East coast. With open living area and full living slide its a joy to set up and enjoy. Even if you do not open slide out you have a large living room easily able to go from front to read of couch.
- Ballard, MK, North Carolina

2019-07-22 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

We had nothing but a positive experience with our RV. Newmar was always helpful if we had issues, things that we couldn't discover ourselves. We never were full time RV people, but we lived in our motorhome 3 or 4 months out of every year, and sometimes 5 months. It is an easy rig to drive and I always pulled my chevy pickup with a atv loaded in back. I sometimes would have liked to have had the larger cat engine when pulling a long grade. My brother in law had a like coach with the larger Caterpillar engine and he would pass me on the hills. But I always passed him at the fuel stops. I experienced very good mileage 8-9 miles per gallon. I will miss our home away from very much, but hope someone will buy it and enjoy it as much as we have.
- Leon P Kellogg, Oregon

2019-05-30 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

Newmar corporation make great products stand behind him 110% love the 43 foot Dutcht Starr is my favorite we are getting another one 4369 Quality products used throughout the coach interior are top-quality !!!
- Wayne Paquette, Alberta

2019-05-09 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 3852 View Listings

I have owned this unit for 13 years since 2006 and have travelled the continent a few times. In 2014 we did a year trip from BC to Prince Edward Island down the east coast to Florida across via New Orleans & Texas to California then up through Nevada, Oregon & Washington. We did have a few minor problems but it was nothing major. Mostly we travel to California & Arizona in the winter months but are sad to say that age & health issues are the reason we are selling. We have loved this layout and diesel the best out of the 3 Newmars that we have owned since 1993. Now we will cherish our memories and photos that we have accumulated since 1985 travelling through the states and northern Canada. We have just returned last month and it has had its annual checkup at Freightliner in Westbank with a few minor issues which have been addressed. We are sorry to let it go but it is time!!!
- Inga, British Columbia

2019-03-05 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Ok, the good, the bad and the ugly.... We custom ordered our coach. We have overall been very happy with it after almost 2 full years. We are also full timers, so that is a good bit of actual use. So, on with the issues! We are not really impressed with the Girard awnings. We have had 2 issues with them that seem to be continuous problems. The first is that the wind sensor (puts the awnings in when winds exceed a certain amount) is very temperamental and prone to not working (replaced 1 once, and just gave up after that). I attribute this to its location. It is fully in the area that gets deluged with water that runs off the awning. The second issue with the awnings are that they move from the proper storage position. They have an adjustment that allows you to set where they store and open to. But you can adjust this and a month later, your awning is again sticking out a half of an inch. Initially, one of our awnings also had a small tear in it. This was replaced under warranty. I think the tear was caused by the awning not stowing properly. On the good side, Girard has been great with the phone support when I have needed it. The Oasis water heater. It did not work when we first picked up our RV (found out after a 5 hour drive home). After disconnecting, reconnecting everything and seating cannon plug wires, it started working. I do not know why it had an issue, but it has worked since....maybe an improperly seated wire or something. We also had one of the Oasis water pumps (there are 3) go bad. Oasis customer service was great. I had a new pump and replaced it myself a day or 2 later at no cost. (Easier to do it myself than to drive it 75 minutes one way to the nearest service facility). We had some weird electrical stuff going on when we first drove our coach home. The dash lights were flickering, the lights under the bedroom slide were intermittent, and the baggage locks worked intermittently. Most of these issues resolved themselves (maybe a ground wire that just needed to ‘find itself’?). We still have an issue with the baggage locks though. The right side works fine, but sometimes the left side bays won’t work and I have to use a key to open them. And the wiring schematic for them is not on Newgle. ? The induction stove is crap. Our first one took 30 minutes to boil water (not an exaggeration, I timed it). I replaced that one thru warranty. The second one went bad after a few months. I got another one thru warranty. Now, I don’t even use it. We have a single burner hotplate that we bought that works great and I just set it on the counter. The True Induction brand seems to be garbage. We had a washing machine issue. I am writing about this because I saw that someone else had an issue too and they apparently had some heartburn over it. Newmar did not cover this. However, Whirlpool does. There is some kind of a contractual thing between the two and Newmar does not handle it, you have to go to Whirlpool. Whirlpool sent a repair guy to us and he checked it out to find out the issue. He had to order a part and did so. When the part came in, he came back, installed it and it has worked well ever since. No cost to us. We had a windshield issue. Short version: Our windshield cracked on its own while driving. No cars in front of us on an interstate. A second crack started while stopped at a rest stop. I think that there may have been an issue on how the window was installed that put it under tension. We went thru our local service facility who sent us to a local glass shop. They inspected it and determined that there were no rock chips that caused it. Newmar covered the complete cost of replacing the window (it was inside of our first year). The other major issue is the full length slide. My gut says that the slide is too heavy. On our next coach, we won’t get another full length slide. We had a problem with the slide being scraped by some brackets on the bottom. The repair was to install some slider plates in the scrape area. That caused (I think), some high points that in turn led to some tiles getting cracked. I do think that there may be more to the slide issue and we will find out soon. We are taking our coach into Newmar in April to get the slide looked at. We are past our 1 year warranty that covers everything, but it does seem to be a follow on to a previous problem. Newmar has said that they are going to cover the repairs. There have also been several smaller issues that I am not going to mention here in order to keep this review from being a book. These were dealt with under warranty. ? Overall, we love our coach and would get another Newmar product if we decide to replace the one we have. As I said, we are full timers, so it is seeing constant use (only about 10k miles though). I have had to deal with customer service from Newmar, Oasis, Girard, and True Induction. All of the customer service folks that I have dealt with have
- Robert Wesley, Louisiana

2019-02-15 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 4095 View Listings

We have had this coach for 7 yrs and love it, I have done a lot to it but I am a machanic so that saved me a lot of money. We are thinking about upgrading to 4 slide outs and will definitely stay with a Dutch Star.
- Mark Wheatley , Kentucky

2019-02-13 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4366 View Listings

Pick up coach in June had problems with tv,s ,interior lights,tank sensors, mldgs falling off,poor driving,called factory they did helped with repairs,but it was not easy or it was out of the 30 days. I think this was built on Monday or Friday l have owned 8 coaches 4 Newmar but if trade l will think about changing brand.
- Steve Bono, New York

2019-01-06 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4320 View Listings

We purchased the Dutch star and absolutely love the Motorhome. Drive and rides like you are on air. Used to haul horse trailer and pulls very well. Super nice and easy set up with everything being automatic.
- Jeff Britt, Arkansas

Verified Owner

2018-11-09 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4364 View Listings

We have owned 6 coaches throughout 22 yrs, the Newmar is the best in many ways. Drives great, all systems are very good. We are not full timers but ,,,,we get on the road with 5 other coaches and have a wonderful time.
- Kim Lofquist , Florida

2018-10-08 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 3852 View Listings

- Inga , British Columbia

2018-10-08 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 3852 View Listings

We have loved all our Newmar motor-homes that we have had but have had this last on the longest (12 years) and have traveled all over for 30 years most of US and Canada but as we are older now we cannot travel as our extended medical is too high for the US so we are retiring from RVing. I loved the light frosted maple as most are either oak or cherry which makes it dull and dreary. This last motorhome has been the best layout and comfort that we have had with little mechanical problems. Put new tires on 1 1/2 years ago.
- Inga , British Columbia

2018-09-03 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4002 View Listings

With all factory looks like newmar should be responsible for fuel cost for all the recalls. Not to mention other reasons for other problems not very happy so far with this product so far i have only used one time
- GREG ENTSMINGER, Georgia

2018-09-03 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4002 View Listings

WITH ALL FACTORY LOOKS LIKE NEWMAR SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FUEL COST FOR ALL THE RECALLS. NOT TO MENTION OTHER REASONS FOR OTHER PROBLEMS NOT VERY HAPPY SO FAR WITH THIS PRODUCT SO FAR I HAVE ONLY USED ONE TIME
- GREG ENTSMINGER, Georgia

2018-04-04 2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

This coach with the tag axle and comfort drive is the best driving coach I’ve ever been in. I’ve owned 5 RV’s and this one is tops. Great quality and excellent factory backing. The 450 HP Cummins Diesel engine is smooth and powerful, never getting the coach below 55 mph even on long grades. Liveablity with this 4369 floor plan is unequalled. You never feel crowded and the amenities like heated floors are first rate.
- Ron Colandrea, New York

2018-04-03 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4366 View Listings

Bought a Newmar Dutch star 60 days ago. Worst mistake I’ve made to date. Problems- Surface rust from front to rear of coach Every hinge at bottom bays corroded Passenger side slide went out. 1 month ago Driver slide bound up last weekend-coach inoperable Exterior trim falling off passenger side when I got home with it. Today I find driver side falling off in the same place. Trim falling off interior every trip I only wish there was a 0 star rating,,' Mark Turner Jacksonville, Florida
- Mark Turner, Florida

2018-02-14 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

While we loved the Dutch Star, our issues are with Newmar customer service and what they cover under warranty. Newmar products are not cheap and the performance expectation is and should be high. We had multiple small and some not so small operational issues. Unfortunately, Newmar refused to cover many either in that the part was not their product (washer) or the problem couldn't be repeated at the repair facility. Consequently, the repair facility handed me big bill since they either couldn't repeat the problem (which sure as heck did arise on the next trip)or Newmar refused to cover. Even when Newmar did provide warranty coverage, they would not pay for the subsequent damages caused by the failure - which cost more than the failed part. We have had multiple coaches, Newmar is big on customer service promises but when it comes to action, they fall short. Frankly, the high price of a Newmar isn't justified by the product and certainly not the service quality.
- RGK, Tennessee

2018-01-09 2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

Had to get aligned, it did not drive as well as any of my previous 6 Newmars, dealer paid for that. The 1/2 bath stool quit , broken wire, drivers seat blew fuse, drivers side slide had structural defect dealer fixed it all. I did sell it with very low miles, it was just not up to the quality that my prior Dutch Star or my 2 Essex, I am buying another brand.
- Jim Adams, Missouri

2017-12-15 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4006 View Listings

Quality even at this age. Very well setup. Convenient usage and certainly live able year round, long trips or short. Well configured for easy living. Easy setup with all the bells and whistles of a new coach just doesn't cost the same. Well worth looking at as alternative to a new coach. Travel coast to coast in luxury. Would difinently purchase another Newmar.
- William, Alabama

2017-11-14 2001 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

I am an older female owning this unit for 13 years. I find it easy to drive, back up and turn. All systems function reliably. The AC and Heating systems work very well and are really dependable. The wood and tile floors in the living, kitchen, dining and hall areas are very easy to maintain. I really have loved owning this Newmar Dutch Star and would recommend a Newmar without hesitation.
- Kay Summerville, Louisiana

2017-11-03 1999 Newmar Dutch Star 3862 View Listings

Newmar makes a top quality RV with all top quality materials. Love the private bathroom with enclosed tub and shower. Lots of storage inside and full basement underneath. Drives so easily and comfortably having air bags. We have towed a few different types of vehicles and you don't even know they are back there unless you look in the rear camera at the drivers side. Being a diesel pusher the fuel mileage is really good and the power to climb is great.
- Louise, Nevada

2017-11-01 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 4095 View Listings

We have had this RV for about seven years. I still love it as much as the first time I saw it. The floor plan is ideal. I like the fact that I can turn the driver's and passenger's seats around to become part of the living room to make seating for 2 extra people. (seats 7 comfortably) There's an unbelievable amount of storage throughout the RV, including a huge closet and so many cabinets and drawers in the bedroom that I have never utilized all of it. Our ONLY reason for selling is our ages. I don't drive it and hubby is less comfortable with his driving than he was a few years ago. I could easily become a full time RVer with this RV. I love the convection/microwave, meaning I can bake cakes, cornbread, biscuits, etc., quickly. One feature I LOVE is the fact that the engine heats the water while it's running so you can get a nice hot shower as soon as you stop. We shopped around a lot for an RV, but when we saw this one we were sold !
- Sue Bailey, Louisiana

2017-10-15 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4015 View Listings

This Dutch Star is the 2nd one that we have. The reason I gave it 5 stars is because we love the workmanship of the Amish. We have not had any major problems with the coach. It is extremely quiet when we are towing so you do not have to have the radio blasting. With the rear camera at your fingertips, you can check on your towed vehicle as often as you want. We are the original owners and had it made with the floor plan that we wanted. Instead of the stand alone table we ordered the Combination desk/dinette table. We love it as the table has 2 leafs and there is three drawers on one side and a drawer and cupboard on the other side to store your computer and printer. We have been full-timing for a long time and we are selling it so we can relocate nearer our family.
- Karen Kiraly, Arizona