Newmar Dutch Star RVs Reviews (58)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Dutch Star RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James Claus from California says:

Have you owned any Newmar Dutch Star RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We got it 03/01/2016 did not get out of the parking lot and the problems begin with the leveling system and slid out in the shop used it 23 days then in the shop for 3 mouths they could not fix it. Then take it to the factory for 3 mouths.At the factory had them install washer & dryer where they broke the drain pipe and flooded the subfloor and storage and the bottom was full of water for 3 mouths. The leveling sys.has never worked and the hole wall slide is falling apart. If it is cold the generator will not start,the 1/2 bath smells like sewage all the time and the floor tiles keep breaking.the windshield wipers still don't work you cannot drive in the rain. NEWMAR DEALERS WILL NOT DO WARRANTY WORK!!!! 13000 MILES FROM SHOP TO SHOP TO FACTORY TO SHOP NEWMAR RESPONSE IS SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE YOUR 1 YEAR WARRANTY IS OVER. NEWMAR WHEN YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE NEWMAR JUNK
- James Claus, California

2019-11-07 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Purchased first of Feb. 2019 New Since then I have had use of unit for a total of 6 weeks. The rest of the time was having warranty work preformed. currently as of today it has been in the shop for the last month for replacement of the front ram for the 30' slide-out wall. November 7, 2019. this takes my Warranty down to an effective 3-1/2 months since so far the rest of the time it has been in the shop. I paid a $50.00 service call for a warranty issue. Sent Bill and receipt to Newmar and they sent me $10.00 back. In order to not have a high repair bill, I drove 60 miles in the rain without wipers. I am not at all satisfied with my decision to buy a Newmar product.
- Victor Conklin, California

2019-10-27 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

My wife and I have owned this RV since September 2018 and have enjoyed its amenities immensely. We have traveled with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren and all of us are well accommodated. The features are numerous ,as noted in the build sheet. We love this RV, but it’s time to move on to the next chapter of our life and stay near our growing family.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-20 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

We are selling a 2019 bunk-floor plan with two full baths; a class A motorcoach. There are multiple upgrades and amenities. I will upload the build sheet. The coach is regularly detailed and has ceramic coating on the front cab. Protective heat screens for the tires and front cab are included.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-03 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4344 View Listings

The leather seats and couches have been disintegrating since 2017.I have tried to contact newmar service since I am aware that this is a problem for numerous coaches. They tell me to email pictures and then their mailbox is always full and I have been unable to get any answers from them.I have had to replace the outside step since it was faulty.For what they charge for these coaches you would expect better quality !!!
- Barry Thompson, Arkansas

2019-09-23 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Newmar is the best built RV... minor issues. you can get help from their toll free hotline!! Have called twice and explained my issue and they walked me right through my problem. Fixed and both times it was just my lack of RV knowledge!! Will probably buy another Newmar.They are built to last!!
- Chris Rabb, North Carolina

2019-08-27 1999 Newmar Dutch Star 2455 View Listings

I had no problem with this Motorhome always start right up I drove from Florida to Knoxville Tn at 65-70 miles an hour no problem at all drives super easy Newmar is great quality manufacture everything works Call 865-314-3024 if any questions
- Benjamin Yoder, Tennessee

2019-08-06 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We purchased this RV from Freedom RV in Tucson, Arizona and brought it to Canada 2 months ago. Freedom failed to disclose before our purchase that there was a wall delamination that was repaired by Newmar prior to our purchase. Now we find out that 2 slides were repaired badly at Freedom, and we have water leaking into the coach. Newmar doesn't return our calls and the coach has been sitting for a week at the repair shop, that claims the repair will take them minimally 2 months. We will probably need a lawyer. NEVER purchase from Newmar. Their website is total BS. You are a number, and their financial bottom line is all they care about.
- Karen Parasynchuk, Alberta

2019-08-02 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3812 View Listings

This model RV is like driving a Cadillac. Plenty of power from the Cummins 370, smooth shifting with the Allison 6 speed automatic. Combine that with the best in class Spartan chassis and it makes for an awesome driving, riding, performing RV. Newmar used all the best components putting this RV together. The cabinetry is all wood, no particle board or plywood here. The furniture is all Flexsteel. Top of the line fabric covers all of it. GE microwave/convection is the right size for a family. Norcold fridge keeps all your cold items at the right temp. This RV has been a pleasure to own,drive, and live in!
- Mike Bullock, Missouri

2019-07-28 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3865 View Listings

One of the best motor couch I have ever owned.We took it across country and back up and down East coast. With open living area and full living slide its a joy to set up and enjoy. Even if you do not open slide out you have a large living room easily able to go from front to read of couch.
- Ballard, MK, North Carolina

2019-07-22 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

We had nothing but a positive experience with our RV. Newmar was always helpful if we had issues, things that we couldn't discover ourselves. We never were full time RV people, but we lived in our motorhome 3 or 4 months out of every year, and sometimes 5 months. It is an easy rig to drive and I always pulled my chevy pickup with a atv loaded in back. I sometimes would have liked to have had the larger cat engine when pulling a long grade. My brother in law had a like coach with the larger Caterpillar engine and he would pass me on the hills. But I always passed him at the fuel stops. I experienced very good mileage 8-9 miles per gallon. I will miss our home away from very much, but hope someone will buy it and enjoy it as much as we have.
- Leon P Kellogg, Oregon

2019-05-30 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

Newmar corporation make great products stand behind him 110% love the 43 foot Dutcht Starr is my favorite we are getting another one 4369 Quality products used throughout the coach interior are top-quality !!!
- Wayne Paquette, Alberta

2019-05-09 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 3852 View Listings

I have owned this unit for 13 years since 2006 and have travelled the continent a few times. In 2014 we did a year trip from BC to Prince Edward Island down the east coast to Florida across via New Orleans & Texas to California then up through Nevada, Oregon & Washington. We did have a few minor problems but it was nothing major. Mostly we travel to California & Arizona in the winter months but are sad to say that age & health issues are the reason we are selling. We have loved this layout and diesel the best out of the 3 Newmars that we have owned since 1993. Now we will cherish our memories and photos that we have accumulated since 1985 travelling through the states and northern Canada. We have just returned last month and it has had its annual checkup at Freightliner in Westbank with a few minor issues which have been addressed. We are sorry to let it go but it is time!!!
- Inga, British Columbia

2019-03-05 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Ok, the good, the bad and the ugly.... We custom ordered our coach. We have overall been very happy with it after almost 2 full years. We are also full timers, so that is a good bit of actual use. So, on with the issues! We are not really impressed with the Girard awnings. We have had 2 issues with them that seem to be continuous problems. The first is that the wind sensor (puts the awnings in when winds exceed a certain amount) is very temperamental and prone to not working (replaced 1 once, and just gave up after that). I attribute this to its location. It is fully in the area that gets deluged with water that runs off the awning. The second issue with the awnings are that they move from the proper storage position. They have an adjustment that allows you to set where they store and open to. But you can adjust this and a month later, your awning is again sticking out a half of an inch. Initially, one of our awnings also had a small tear in it. This was replaced under warranty. I think the tear was caused by the awning not stowing properly. On the good side, Girard has been great with the phone support when I have needed it. The Oasis water heater. It did not work when we first picked up our RV (found out after a 5 hour drive home). After disconnecting, reconnecting everything and seating cannon plug wires, it started working. I do not know why it had an issue, but it has worked since....maybe an improperly seated wire or something. We also had one of the Oasis water pumps (there are 3) go bad. Oasis customer service was great. I had a new pump and replaced it myself a day or 2 later at no cost. (Easier to do it myself than to drive it 75 minutes one way to the nearest service facility). We had some weird electrical stuff going on when we first drove our coach home. The dash lights were flickering, the lights under the bedroom slide were intermittent, and the baggage locks worked intermittently. Most of these issues resolved themselves (maybe a ground wire that just needed to ‘find itself’?). We still have an issue with the baggage locks though. The right side works fine, but sometimes the left side bays won’t work and I have to use a key to open them. And the wiring schematic for them is not on Newgle. ? The induction stove is crap. Our first one took 30 minutes to boil water (not an exaggeration, I timed it). I replaced that one thru warranty. The second one went bad after a few months. I got another one thru warranty. Now, I don’t even use it. We have a single burner hotplate that we bought that works great and I just set it on the counter. The True Induction brand seems to be garbage. We had a washing machine issue. I am writing about this because I saw that someone else had an issue too and they apparently had some heartburn over it. Newmar did not cover this. However, Whirlpool does. There is some kind of a contractual thing between the two and Newmar does not handle it, you have to go to Whirlpool. Whirlpool sent a repair guy to us and he checked it out to find out the issue. He had to order a part and did so. When the part came in, he came back, installed it and it has worked well ever since. No cost to us. We had a windshield issue. Short version: Our windshield cracked on its own while driving. No cars in front of us on an interstate. A second crack started while stopped at a rest stop. I think that there may have been an issue on how the window was installed that put it under tension. We went thru our local service facility who sent us to a local glass shop. They inspected it and determined that there were no rock chips that caused it. Newmar covered the complete cost of replacing the window (it was inside of our first year). The other major issue is the full length slide. My gut says that the slide is too heavy. On our next coach, we won’t get another full length slide. We had a problem with the slide being scraped by some brackets on the bottom. The repair was to install some slider plates in the scrape area. That caused (I think), some high points that in turn led to some tiles getting cracked. I do think that there may be more to the slide issue and we will find out soon. We are taking our coach into Newmar in April to get the slide looked at. We are past our 1 year warranty that covers everything, but it does seem to be a follow on to a previous problem. Newmar has said that they are going to cover the repairs. There have also been several smaller issues that I am not going to mention here in order to keep this review from being a book. These were dealt with under warranty. ? Overall, we love our coach and would get another Newmar product if we decide to replace the one we have. As I said, we are full timers, so it is seeing constant use (only about 10k miles though). I have had to deal with customer service from Newmar, Oasis, Girard, and True Induction. All of the customer service folks that I have dealt with have
- Robert Wesley, Louisiana

2019-02-15 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 4095 View Listings

We have had this coach for 7 yrs and love it, I have done a lot to it but I am a machanic so that saved me a lot of money. We are thinking about upgrading to 4 slide outs and will definitely stay with a Dutch Star.
- Mark Wheatley , Kentucky

2019-02-13 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4366 View Listings

Pick up coach in June had problems with tv,s ,interior lights,tank sensors, mldgs falling off,poor driving,called factory they did helped with repairs,but it was not easy or it was out of the 30 days. I think this was built on Monday or Friday l have owned 8 coaches 4 Newmar but if trade l will think about changing brand.
- Steve Bono, New York

2019-01-06 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4320 View Listings

We purchased the Dutch star and absolutely love the Motorhome. Drive and rides like you are on air. Used to haul horse trailer and pulls very well. Super nice and easy set up with everything being automatic.
- Jeff Britt, Arkansas

Verified Owner

2018-11-09 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4364 View Listings

We have owned 6 coaches throughout 22 yrs, the Newmar is the best in many ways. Drives great, all systems are very good. We are not full timers but ,,,,we get on the road with 5 other coaches and have a wonderful time.
- Kim Lofquist , Florida

2018-10-08 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 3852 View Listings

- Inga , British Columbia

2018-10-08 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 3852 View Listings

We have loved all our Newmar motor-homes that we have had but have had this last on the longest (12 years) and have traveled all over for 30 years most of US and Canada but as we are older now we cannot travel as our extended medical is too high for the US so we are retiring from RVing. I loved the light frosted maple as most are either oak or cherry which makes it dull and dreary. This last motorhome has been the best layout and comfort that we have had with little mechanical problems. Put new tires on 1 1/2 years ago.
- Inga , British Columbia

2018-09-03 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4002 View Listings

With all factory looks like newmar should be responsible for fuel cost for all the recalls. Not to mention other reasons for other problems not very happy so far with this product so far i have only used one time
- GREG ENTSMINGER, Georgia

2018-09-03 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4002 View Listings

WITH ALL FACTORY LOOKS LIKE NEWMAR SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FUEL COST FOR ALL THE RECALLS. NOT TO MENTION OTHER REASONS FOR OTHER PROBLEMS NOT VERY HAPPY SO FAR WITH THIS PRODUCT SO FAR I HAVE ONLY USED ONE TIME
- GREG ENTSMINGER, Georgia

2018-04-04 2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

This coach with the tag axle and comfort drive is the best driving coach I’ve ever been in. I’ve owned 5 RV’s and this one is tops. Great quality and excellent factory backing. The 450 HP Cummins Diesel engine is smooth and powerful, never getting the coach below 55 mph even on long grades. Liveablity with this 4369 floor plan is unequalled. You never feel crowded and the amenities like heated floors are first rate.
- Ron Colandrea, New York

2018-04-03 2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4366 View Listings

Bought a Newmar Dutch star 60 days ago. Worst mistake I’ve made to date. Problems- Surface rust from front to rear of coach Every hinge at bottom bays corroded Passenger side slide went out. 1 month ago Driver slide bound up last weekend-coach inoperable Exterior trim falling off passenger side when I got home with it. Today I find driver side falling off in the same place. Trim falling off interior every trip I only wish there was a 0 star rating,,' Mark Turner Jacksonville, Florida
- Mark Turner, Florida

2018-02-14 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

While we loved the Dutch Star, our issues are with Newmar customer service and what they cover under warranty. Newmar products are not cheap and the performance expectation is and should be high. We had multiple small and some not so small operational issues. Unfortunately, Newmar refused to cover many either in that the part was not their product (washer) or the problem couldn't be repeated at the repair facility. Consequently, the repair facility handed me big bill since they either couldn't repeat the problem (which sure as heck did arise on the next trip)or Newmar refused to cover. Even when Newmar did provide warranty coverage, they would not pay for the subsequent damages caused by the failure - which cost more than the failed part. We have had multiple coaches, Newmar is big on customer service promises but when it comes to action, they fall short. Frankly, the high price of a Newmar isn't justified by the product and certainly not the service quality.
- RGK, Tennessee