Newmar Dutch Star Reviews on RV Insider (71)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Dutch Star RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James Claus from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We got it 03/01/2016 did not get out of the parking lot and the problems begin with the leveling system and slid out in the shop used it 23 days then in the shop for 3 mouths they could not fix it. Then take it to the factory for 3 mouths.At the factory had them install washer & dryer where they broke the drain pipe and flooded the subfloor and storage and the bottom was full of water for 3 mouths. The leveling sys.has never worked and the hole wall slide is falling apart. If it is cold the generator will not start,the 1/2 bath smells like sewage all the time and the floor tiles keep breaking.the windshield wipers still don't work you cannot drive in the rain. NEWMAR DEALERS WILL NOT DO WARRANTY WORK!!!! 13000 MILES FROM SHOP TO SHOP TO FACTORY TO SHOP NEWMAR RESPONSE IS SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE YOUR 1 YEAR WARRANTY IS OVER. NEWMAR WHEN YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE NEWMAR JUNK
- James Claus, California

2020-09-14 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

We are essentially full-time RVers, and this is our first coach. We are continually impressed with not only the quality of the coach, but also the many safety, comfort, and convenience features that have been designed into the vehicle. No accidents. Professionally maintained. An excellent value.
- Richard Johnson, Arizona

2020-09-07 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 3724 View Listings

A great designed and well built Motorhome with plenty of storage, The Dutchstar 3724 model has some great features. It has one LARGE two sink bathroom, a 27 x 69 pantry with six slide out shelves and a king size bed with a good sized wardrobe with shoe shelving. Very maneuverable and comfortable to drive. I do most of the driving myself!
- Rosemary , Michigan

2020-09-01 2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4338 View Listings

$15,000 in non warranty repairs from 7500 miles to 15000 miles. All Freightliner issues, bought out of factory warranty, did not realize many Freightliner repair locations give you the middle finger and will not work with any after sale warranty company regardless of which one. The house systems and interior is good quality, Freightliner is happy to leave you abandoned in remote areas and not let you pick up parts from their regional centers. I have owned many RV types, all price ranges from 5,000 to 400,000 and the gas powered inexpensive have been most reliable. Yes the Newmar is quiet, driving it is only quiet on smooth roads, it rattles and squeaks like a cheap gas coach on bumpy roads. I would never own another Freightliner RV.
- ken aduddell, Washington

2020-08-26 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4307 View Listings

Have owned this coach for almost 2 years, and although health issues and the China Virus have prevented much of our planned travel, we have enjoyed the coach. Newmar's customer service is unbelievably helpful....can't throw enough accolades their way!!! If we ever owned another motorhome, Newmar would be our first choice just for that reason. The coach has had many custom refits by previous owners, so the floor plan is not what we would have specified if we'd bought it new, but very comfortable and efficient for 2 persons. Storage, both interior and basement, is to be seen to be believed. We towed a Ford F-150, wheels down, with no problem at all.
- Robert Morris, Michigan

2020-08-13 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4009 View Listings

Newmar is among the most highly rated motor homes. Newmar is made with the most discerning owner in mind. This unit is loaded with many expensive upgrades and optional equipment. Three sliders, four awnings.
- Bill Hill, Indiana

2020-06-28 1998 Newmar Dutch Star 3860 View Listings

Newmar makes a quality coach, they are very helpful if you have any problems, you can call and someone will help directly over the phone. They have all of the parts for the coach, but have found their prices to be on the high side, but they have them. Would recommend a Newmar to anyone looking for a quality diesel pusher-
- scott, Nevada

2020-05-28 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

A terrible company. Arrogant with no reason . Very low level of finish and installation. Doors and latch falling and open while you driving. They will waste your time as a customer. Now they been sold to Winnebago the worst of the worst so very bad future to the company with 0 customer service!!
- Dr ron , District of Columbia

2020-04-30 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 4095 View Listings

I purchased the RV from Lazy Days RV in Tampa Fl. Flew there and drove the unit off the lot to VA. Drive like a dream without any problems. Doesn’t do bad in fuel consumption either, about 10 to 11 mpg. Every system in the couch performed flawlessly. I don’t really have a dislike of the unit, but rather like all aspects. Easy to use, set up, and operate. Plenty of basement storage for goodies! I have camped all my life and owned everything from a pop-up to a class A pusher, and the Newmar Dutch Star 4095 is by far the best unit I have ever owned.
- William Gross, Virginia

2020-02-11 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

This coach has been a pleasure to own, drive and live in. Quality has been fantastic. Enjoyable for short or long trips. Recommend for anyone looking for a long term investment in a quality coach with great features including factory replaced roof, ceiling, HVAC units and LED lighting throughout.
- Teresa Brammer, Alabama

2020-01-31 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

It was a great experience all round for 13 years . This is our 3rd big motor home but it’s time for a change after 20 years of motor home travel. Newmar has an excellent product and they look after us very well.
- Richard swenson, California

2020-01-26 2001 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

Excellent RV, our coach has many updates including tires, complete new roof, all new batteries, refrigerator. Coach and generator have been serviced annually with all filters changed except the air filter, which was replaced this year. Just looking for more room.
- Lee, North Dakota

2019-12-26 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first Motorhome. We chose to purchase an older unit in July of 2016. We loved the lifestyle. Newmar stills has parts for this older model and I can get someone pleasant on the phone to help us every time. Real Wood interiors and you can tell the quality. The 330 Cat and Onan 7500 Generator provide ample power for all our needs. Love the Newmar Brand.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-11-24 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3803 View Listings

This was our first RV. We read the "Blogs" and talked to other RV Owners. We looked for a used Tiffin, Monoco or Newmar. Being first time owners, we had no idea what our preferences were but project one was to get the "old" smell out of this 14 year old coach. During our first year we stopped at the Newmar Factory to check it out. They treated us the same as a new owner taking delivery. A nice gentlemen showed us how to locate parts and we purchased all kinds of little parts and pieces from these bins that renewed handles, lights, switches. We've noticed this coach is very well insulated both for temperature and noise. I've been in other coaches and you can easily hear your neighbors conversation next door. We are totally sold on this brand and are actively looking for a newer Newmar.
- Bill Semple, Florida

2019-11-07 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Purchased first of Feb. 2019 New Since then I have had use of unit for a total of 6 weeks. The rest of the time was having warranty work preformed. currently as of today it has been in the shop for the last month for replacement of the front ram for the 30' slide-out wall. November 7, 2019. this takes my Warranty down to an effective 3-1/2 months since so far the rest of the time it has been in the shop. I paid a $50.00 service call for a warranty issue. Sent Bill and receipt to Newmar and they sent me $10.00 back. In order to not have a high repair bill, I drove 60 miles in the rain without wipers. I am not at all satisfied with my decision to buy a Newmar product.
- Victor Conklin, California

2019-10-27 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

My wife and I have owned this RV since September 2018 and have enjoyed its amenities immensely. We have traveled with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren and all of us are well accommodated. The features are numerous ,as noted in the build sheet. We love this RV, but it’s time to move on to the next chapter of our life and stay near our growing family.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-20 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4310 View Listings

We are selling a 2019 bunk-floor plan with two full baths; a class A motorcoach. There are multiple upgrades and amenities. I will upload the build sheet. The coach is regularly detailed and has ceramic coating on the front cab. Protective heat screens for the tires and front cab are included.
- Donald Howard, Florida

2019-10-03 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4344 View Listings

The leather seats and couches have been disintegrating since 2017.I have tried to contact newmar service since I am aware that this is a problem for numerous coaches. They tell me to email pictures and then their mailbox is always full and I have been unable to get any answers from them.I have had to replace the outside step since it was faulty.For what they charge for these coaches you would expect better quality !!!
- Barry Thompson, Arkansas

2019-09-23 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Newmar is the best built RV... minor issues. you can get help from their toll free hotline!! Have called twice and explained my issue and they walked me right through my problem. Fixed and both times it was just my lack of RV knowledge!! Will probably buy another Newmar.They are built to last!!
- Chris Rabb, North Carolina

2019-08-27 1999 Newmar Dutch Star 2455 View Listings

I had no problem with this Motorhome always start right up I drove from Florida to Knoxville Tn at 65-70 miles an hour no problem at all drives super easy Newmar is great quality manufacture everything works Call 865-314-3024 if any questions
- Benjamin Yoder, Tennessee

2019-08-06 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We purchased this RV from Freedom RV in Tucson, Arizona and brought it to Canada 2 months ago. Freedom failed to disclose before our purchase that there was a wall delamination that was repaired by Newmar prior to our purchase. Now we find out that 2 slides were repaired badly at Freedom, and we have water leaking into the coach. Newmar doesn't return our calls and the coach has been sitting for a week at the repair shop, that claims the repair will take them minimally 2 months. We will probably need a lawyer. NEVER purchase from Newmar. Their website is total BS. You are a number, and their financial bottom line is all they care about.
- Karen Parasynchuk, Alberta

2019-08-02 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3812 View Listings

This model RV is like driving a Cadillac. Plenty of power from the Cummins 370, smooth shifting with the Allison 6 speed automatic. Combine that with the best in class Spartan chassis and it makes for an awesome driving, riding, performing RV. Newmar used all the best components putting this RV together. The cabinetry is all wood, no particle board or plywood here. The furniture is all Flexsteel. Top of the line fabric covers all of it. GE microwave/convection is the right size for a family. Norcold fridge keeps all your cold items at the right temp. This RV has been a pleasure to own,drive, and live in!
- Mike Bullock, Missouri

2019-07-28 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3865 View Listings

One of the best motor couch I have ever owned.We took it across country and back up and down East coast. With open living area and full living slide its a joy to set up and enjoy. Even if you do not open slide out you have a large living room easily able to go from front to read of couch.
- Ballard, MK, North Carolina

2019-07-22 2003 Newmar Dutch Star 4004 View Listings

We had nothing but a positive experience with our RV. Newmar was always helpful if we had issues, things that we couldn't discover ourselves. We never were full time RV people, but we lived in our motorhome 3 or 4 months out of every year, and sometimes 5 months. It is an easy rig to drive and I always pulled my chevy pickup with a atv loaded in back. I sometimes would have liked to have had the larger cat engine when pulling a long grade. My brother in law had a like coach with the larger Caterpillar engine and he would pass me on the hills. But I always passed him at the fuel stops. I experienced very good mileage 8-9 miles per gallon. I will miss our home away from very much, but hope someone will buy it and enjoy it as much as we have.
- Leon P Kellogg, Oregon

2019-05-30 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4304 View Listings

Newmar corporation make great products stand behind him 110% love the 43 foot Dutcht Starr is my favorite we are getting another one 4369 Quality products used throughout the coach interior are top-quality !!!
- Wayne Paquette, Alberta