Newmar Class A - Gas

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Julie from Louisiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

The Newmar Bay Star Sport is a beautiful coach however, the air conditioning is insufficient for the coach of you live in the South. Newmar told us that the dealership should have told us that. My question is why would you build a coach that had insufficient A/C and sell it to a dealership in New Mexico? Ours even has an upgraded A/C and will not cool the coach. It was a miserable summer in our new RV.
- Julie, Louisiana

2021-04-30 2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3008 View Listings

Great looking perfect size only problem everything keeps breaking... refrigerator stopped working took a major act to get it in and the control unit to be replaced. After one shower the hot water stopped working (it is at dealer now - they don’t know when it will be finished), warranty work is a joke... this is my 4th RV and maintenance ranks up there with Camping World... the shades/blinds are not attached because the bottom that attaches to bottom of window are too big... windows in front cab whistle and rattle going down road (maintenace said I quote “what do you expect, it’s a box on a truck chassis!”). Unfortunately, I bought or fell for buying maintenance plan and I get more response from homeless than I do from maintenance support. And OBTW the guy at the number Newmar has on the line “24/7” said buy a cooler or a dorm frig to replace the one in the unit! My recommendation is buy cheap and save yourself money, because the more cash you spend you still get poor quality and workmanship and god awful Maintenance support.
- Tracy, South Carolina

2021-04-05 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

This review is for RV Insider itself. The r. Aboce is disguised.. Horrible service as I have contacted them 7 times for help on a review, crickets, no reply. I have retaliation for a review I made and want rv insider to help me remove or edit and they refuse to help.
- Jack, Washington

2021-04-01 2021 Newmar Baystar Sport 3408 View Listings

I advise you not to buy a Newmar. Quality is poor! The bed broke after second trip, after one person of 140 pounds slept on it. Also, on second trip the battery burned and was smoking as we drove. Hood release was broken so we couldn’t get at the burning battery. This was a safety hazard!! After purchase, the day we went to pick up the rv , the refrigerator needed replacing and automatic front windshield shade didn’t work. Also wind sensor on awning didn’t work. Newmar provides phone support but you can’t get any Newmar dealership to fix broken items for weeks. We bought a brand new Newmar and had to sleep on the floor on a trip due to poor quality bed that broke. We were expecting better quality otherwise we would not have bought a Newmar. This rv brand is NOT what is advertised in terms of quality except for the cabinetry!!
- Terry Tuerney, South Carolina

2021-03-22 2003 Newmar Scottsdale 37DS View Listings

We really enjoyed this RV we spent the summer in michigan when I got home got a job offer I couldn't refuse now no time for it and don't want to see itnot used so selling it.So if you want a nice RV Motor home look at this one
- Daniel Tilleman, Florida

2021-03-04 2013 Newmar Bay Star 3302 View Listings

I am fully satisfied with a Newmar Motorhome. Since I purchased it used I have had all the tires replaced and have had a proper wheel alignment done. Can drive at all speeds with no problem and hookups are a breeze.
- Paul Rottau, South Carolina

2021-03-04 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3710 View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Canyon Star 3710 new and have driven it approx 25,000 miles. 5 years later we are very happy with our purchase. It has been extremely reliable. Our only issues have been replacing one toilet and glueing back some corner trim pieces that came loose in the California desert heat. The coach structure and Ford F-53 26k chassis have have had no issues. We have driven thru the Sierras and the Cascades with ease. It does slow down at altitude but nothing that concerns us. It tows our Jeep Patriot easily. We did update the suspension with Koni FSD shocks and bigger anti-sway bars which made it ride smoother and handle better. We love the L-shaped sofa and the second half-bath comes in handy when we take the grandkids with us. Our only wish would be for a 3rd slide to create more space in the living room.
- Larry McEwen, California

2021-01-14 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

In October of 2020, my wife and I purchased a new Newmar Baystar. We went on a 3 week camping trip soon thereafter. Before leaving, I noted a clicking noise in the awning. The dealer informed me that the awning motor was bad. While I was away, the motor arrived. As soon as we completed our return home we took the motor home back to the dealer. This was on December 4. During the next week, the dealer called and indicated that the new motor was bad. They would need to order another one. About a week and a half later, the dealer retuned my call. Once again, the third motor now was bad. That was last week. Again, another motor was ordered. This was the third motor ordered. A couple of days ago, I called the service manager to find out the status on the last awning motor. She was unsure when the motor would arrive, but did inform me that their dealership had another Newmar with the same issue. Not only that, they had ordered 11 or 12 of these motors and all were bad. I have talked to Newmar until I am blue in the face. I asked them to send 2 or 3 motors at the same time. They refused. One of their reps did some research and found that the awning motor vendor had produced a bad batch of motors. Duh!!! I recommended that Newmar should find out when, where, and how many of these motors were built and have them recalled. The rep thought that sounded good, but did not suggest that he would pursue such a matter. This issue has been going on for 6 weeks now and my rv has been at the dealership during this time. After reading reviews on this website, however, I have discovered that even back in 2017 Newmar was having awning motor issues. One even indicated that it took two years to get the problem resolved. Evidently, like many corporations, Newmar seems only concerned about selling rather expensive motor homes, but really has no interest in resolving a very obvious problem. I would assume that a company with the reputation of Newmar would do what it needed to remedy a problem, even if they had to dump one vendor and find another. After all, customers are the people paying big bucks to drive motor homes, not the vendor who cannot produce an operable part, nor makes any attempt to correct the flaw in their design. This is unacceptable. My advice to future buyers of Newmar rvs is to check the awning and make sure it works before purchasing. If there is a problem, run like hell to escape a vehicle with long term problems.
- David, Colorado

2020-12-18 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

Second 3911. Big mistake. First one was bad, this one is worse. Televator stuck halfway up, accordion door came off track, pocket door won't lock in place when traveling, headlight full of condensation, gauge on gray water tank won't read, bolt missing from driver's seat, awning won't close all the way, slides have to be adjusted ... Newmar did allow me to use a local rv repair shop for the work. But, it takes 3 weeks to get parts and those that do come are wrong.
- Frank, Louisiana

2020-11-26 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

Just bought a 2020 Newmar 3626. When the generator runs the slide out hardware rattles. Most disappointing of all is the horrible quality mattresses on the King Bed and pull out couch. I would expect this lack of quality on entry level trailer.
- Brian, Florida

2020-11-08 2015 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

This is a nice quality Newmar coach. It has a lot of features that most smaller units don't include. Perfectly comfortable for 2 people to vacation or full timing. After upgrading the heat pump to a 15000 BTU unit it cools nicely and the addition of a sunscreen windshield cover helped greatly. This is a lot of RV packed into a compact unit!
- John, Florida

2020-10-18 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

We have been in love w this coach from day one. Floor plan is perfect for us. We have had some small detailing issues that we did NOT have on our previous Newmar, 2006 Mountainaire. That said, they were adjusted immediately upon identification. Newmar customer Service is second to none. What has not been addressed is wiring issues. They have plagued us from day one and continue to this day. Our unit evidently was not wired according to the schematic for this unit. Once we began having problems it was not possible to fix because wires did NOT correspond to schematic. In defense of Newmar, they have offered to make it right at the factory but we must pay to make the trip there. Amid Covid, we have been unwilling to make the trip and then find some place to be during the day while they work on the unit.
- Shelley K Bossert, North Carolina

2020-09-22 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We could not be happier with our Newmar. We have traveled about 50,000 miles towing a PT Cruiser, cross country twice and into Canada and all up and down the East coast. It is as comfortable as any automobile we have owned, handles easily. We have owned other rvs but Newmar is the best in its price range as far as we are concerned. The structure, design and workmanship cannot be beat.When we are at a campground for any length of time, we often say, this is all we need to live a happy life !! Even though it is a gas rig ( Chevy Workhorse, 8.1) we had no trouble with the Appalachian,Rocky or Cascade mountain ranges. A little slower going up some awesome roadways, but never a problem, even though we were towing.We averaged between 6.5 and 7.0 MPG. Don't think you can do much better.
- Don, North Carolina

2020-09-21 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 View Listings

Worst nightmare ever. Fell apart over three months . Don’t purchase one without asking is why as we will save you $$$$$. Never seen such a fiasco in my life lack of quality control sub standard construction. Make sure you review everywhere on line as the truth is out there. Do NOT purchase this model or brand .
- David, Florida

2020-09-18 2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3722 View Listings

Very poor workmanship , the rear slide out walls on both sides are oblong where the slides go in , which means the cutouts are not square . went to other dealers and noticed other models had the same problem no matter what the model . my fibreglass roof has dips in it and when it rains I have 7 water puddles , sooner or later will leak in the coach .the roof has bulging areas which means the one piece roof is not the proper size on my unit . BUYERS CHECK THESE ITEMS BEFORE YOU BUY .
- Peter Lylick, Alberta

2020-09-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Purchased coach, the awning never worked and was a problem trying to retract while camping. the Frig never worked and dealer would not work with us on finding a replacement coach for the time, since parts to fix both could take weeks or months. This was a Bay Star and was only one day old when the problems started. Not a happy camper.
- Babcock, Idaho

2020-09-02 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

You get what you pay for! Newmar is unsurpassed in quality and customer service is top notch. They listen to their customers and every year improve upon the previous year. Perfect layout, you cannot believe how much room you can get in a 31ft RV.
- Jeff Tripp, North Carolina

2020-07-24 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

People beware!! Before you are buying any Rv you should check very carefully reviews from customers !! They build in neglect like all the Rv industry. The workers are not professional and take people life saving to get one and they will send you to unorganized and unprofessional dealers . My offer buy very expensive car and go to best hotels it’s better !! You’ll loose too much money !! Stay away
- Ron , Alabama

2020-07-09 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Bought this coach used in January 2016. This is 7th coach I've owned since 1997 and second Newmar. Outstanding unit. Phone help from Newmar for the few questions we had has been outstanding. Selling the coach tomorrow and hope the new owners love it as much as we have. Only disappointing thing is I understand Newmar Corp has been bought by another manufacturer, one I've had bad experiences with. If this is true hope they don't allow the Newmar quality go down.
- Rick, Oklahoma

2020-06-16 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3333 View Listings

Nice layout but interior products are not in line with cost. I will buy a Tiffin next time. Main problem us with electric awnings, all cabinet latches, and leather is peeling off seating. Also the frame was welded over the oil drain in the generator which prevented servicing without cutting brace. Can live with everything but the fake leather peeling off. Newmar should just put in cloth seats.
- James, Georgia

2020-06-13 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

My husband and I have been RVing for the past 25 years. We started with a very old 5th wheel and worked out way up through 5 different RV’s before purchasing our beautiful new Newmar Bay Star motorhome. Due to family health issues, we have not had a chance to enjoy our RV as we had hoped which is the reason we are selling. When we did travel we loved the fully automated set up, everything is just a push of a button. We feel right at home with our king size bed and private bedroom. Having entertainment centers (TV) in 4 different locations allows for large game parties or private watching different programs in separate rooms or outside under the awning. The windows throughout the coach are very large allowing plenty of light with an extra large portrait window in the back. We can also darken the coach completely with blackout shades. The fireplace helps create a cozy atmosphere while warming the coach on cold days. The large refrigerator provides plenty of space for a foodie and cook like me. There is plenty of storage throughout the coach both inside and out. The large microwave doubles as a confection oven which bakes bread, muffins and casseroles in record time. The leather furniture is both durable and comfortable with captains chairs that can turn around to face the living area. The couch makes into a bunk bed and the dinette another bed allowing sleeping for 6 comfortably. I love the different types of lighting throughout the coach with reading lights, romantic dimming accent lights and of course bright overhead lights. We occasionally worked while camping and found plenty of electrical outlets and a WIFI booster that helped us stay wired. The bathroom also has plenty of storage and is large enough to move around in easily. The shower has glass doors and is also quite large. I have plenty of room for all my beauty necessities and lighting to help with me with makeup, hair and basic personal hygiene. My husband is the driver in the family and finds this RV easier to maneuver than any of our previous pull behinds and 5th wheels. We purchased a Chevy Equinox as our ‘dingy’ and unless you look at the camera, it is hard to tell you are towing. The turn signals trigger cameras that provide a clear view of the turn lane and the back camera keeps an eye on the dingy and traffic behind. Parking has always been a ‘fun’ time in our family with me directing and my husband trying to follow my lead. With the back up camera on this RV, we are much happier campers while parking. Newmar makes a superb product with even the seemingly insignificant details included. If we find ourselves fortunate enough to own another RV, it will undoubtedly be a Newmar!
- Deborah Gilkey, Georgia

2020-05-17 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3518 View Listings

We loved this RV. We traded in a 27 foot Class A for it. For full-timing this was perfect for us. As neither of us are handy, we wanted something easy to maintain. Gas worked well as it was quite a bit less expensive to maintain than diesel, even though climbing mountains was slower. We chose the Newmar as it was very highly rated in quality. We stayed in many Military RV campgrounds and barely noticed jets flying directly overhead. It stayed cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. I wish the kitchen had more counter space as I love to cook, so that was a sacrifice. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable. Apart from some minor repairs, we've had no problems with this lovely girl. We are sorry to have to sell due to health reasons after only 3 years, and we can't imagine someone loving this RV as much as we do. I think this is a perfect time to sell as less people will want to fly or stay in hotels along the way.
- Edrye Doman, Arizona

2020-03-18 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3783 View Listings

Quality even at this age of the coach not one thing wrong, it’s built to last, I can’t say enough. I did have to add stabilizer to improve driving. I would highly recommend this manufacturer and this coach
- Christine Nixon, Florida

2020-03-16 2005 Newmar Scottsdale 3201 View Listings

I love my newmar coach I have the 2005 scottsdale model strong motor great transmission mine has the cherry cabinets very well built through the whole coach I have lived in mine for 4 years and love it .fantastic company and it drives so nice very fun to drive
- Tracy , Nevada

2020-03-15 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We had several problems with the electric awning and annoying squeaks. Got thise worked iut after 2 years. Also with the drawer latches breaking (6). But the worst problem was the Dura shield on the front if the coach. It discolored and mildewed within a year. It may be the worst product ever made. I would never buy another motorhome with this on the front. It makes your brand new motorhome look like a garbage truck in less than a year. Much easier to touch up the chips than spend 100 hours or 1200 dollars to remove this horrible product. I would not accept a Newmar from a dealer if it has this on the front. The rest of the rv us perfect.
- Mike, Georgia