Newmar Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (77)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Julie from Louisiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

The Newmar Bay Star Sport is a beautiful coach however, the air conditioning is insufficient for the coach of you live in the South. Newmar told us that the dealership should have told us that. My question is why would you build a coach that had insufficient A/C and sell it to a dealership in New Mexico? Ours even has an upgraded A/C and will not cool the coach. It was a miserable summer in our new RV.
- Julie, Louisiana

2020-11-26 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

Just bought a 2020 Newmar 3626. When the generator runs the slide out hardware rattles. Most disappointing of all is the horrible quality mattresses on the King Bed and pull out couch. I would expect this lack of quality on entry level trailer.
- Brian, Florida

2020-11-08 2015 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

This is a nice quality Newmar coach. It has a lot of features that most smaller units don't include. Perfectly comfortable for 2 people to vacation or full timing. After upgrading the heat pump to a 15000 BTU unit it cools nicely and the addition of a sunscreen windshield cover helped greatly. This is a lot of RV packed into a compact unit!
- John, Florida

2020-10-18 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

We have been in love w this coach from day one. Floor plan is perfect for us. We have had some small detailing issues that we did NOT have on our previous Newmar, 2006 Mountainaire. That said, they were adjusted immediately upon identification. Newmar customer Service is second to none. What has not been addressed is wiring issues. They have plagued us from day one and continue to this day. Our unit evidently was not wired according to the schematic for this unit. Once we began having problems it was not possible to fix because wires did NOT correspond to schematic. In defense of Newmar, they have offered to make it right at the factory but we must pay to make the trip there. Amid Covid, we have been unwilling to make the trip and then find some place to be during the day while they work on the unit.
- Shelley K Bossert, North Carolina

2020-09-22 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

We could not be happier with our Newmar. We have traveled about 50,000 miles towing a PT Cruiser, cross country twice and into Canada and all up and down the East coast. It is as comfortable as any automobile we have owned, handles easily. We have owned other rvs but Newmar is the best in its price range as far as we are concerned. The structure, design and workmanship cannot be beat.When we are at a campground for any length of time, we often say, this is all we need to live a happy life !! Even though it is a gas rig ( Chevy Workhorse, 8.1) we had no trouble with the Appalachian,Rocky or Cascade mountain ranges. A little slower going up some awesome roadways, but never a problem, even though we were towing.We averaged between 6.5 and 7.0 MPG. Don't think you can do much better.
- Don, North Carolina

2020-09-21 2020 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 View Listings

Worst nightmare ever. Fell apart over three months . Don’t purchase one without asking is why as we will save you $$$$$. Never seen such a fiasco in my life lack of quality control sub standard construction. Make sure you review everywhere on line as the truth is out there. Do NOT purchase this model or brand .
- David, Florida

2020-09-18 2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3722 View Listings

Very poor workmanship , the rear slide out walls on both sides are oblong where the slides go in , which means the cutouts are not square . went to other dealers and noticed other models had the same problem no matter what the model . my fibreglass roof has dips in it and when it rains I have 7 water puddles , sooner or later will leak in the coach .the roof has bulging areas which means the one piece roof is not the proper size on my unit . BUYERS CHECK THESE ITEMS BEFORE YOU BUY .
- Peter Lylick, Alberta

2020-09-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Purchased coach, the awning never worked and was a problem trying to retract while camping. the Frig never worked and dealer would not work with us on finding a replacement coach for the time, since parts to fix both could take weeks or months. This was a Bay Star and was only one day old when the problems started. Not a happy camper.
- Babcock, Idaho

2020-09-02 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

You get what you pay for! Newmar is unsurpassed in quality and customer service is top notch. They listen to their customers and every year improve upon the previous year. Perfect layout, you cannot believe how much room you can get in a 31ft RV.
- Jeff Tripp, North Carolina

2020-07-24 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 3778 View Listings

People beware!! Before you are buying any Rv you should check very carefully reviews from customers !! They build in neglect like all the Rv industry. The workers are not professional and take people life saving to get one and they will send you to unorganized and unprofessional dealers . My offer buy very expensive car and go to best hotels it’s better !! You’ll loose too much money !! Stay away
- Ron , Alabama

2020-07-09 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Bought this coach used in January 2016. This is 7th coach I've owned since 1997 and second Newmar. Outstanding unit. Phone help from Newmar for the few questions we had has been outstanding. Selling the coach tomorrow and hope the new owners love it as much as we have. Only disappointing thing is I understand Newmar Corp has been bought by another manufacturer, one I've had bad experiences with. If this is true hope they don't allow the Newmar quality go down.
- Rick, Oklahoma

2020-06-16 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3333 View Listings

Nice layout but interior products are not in line with cost. I will buy a Tiffin next time. Main problem us with electric awnings, all cabinet latches, and leather is peeling off seating. Also the frame was welded over the oil drain in the generator which prevented servicing without cutting brace. Can live with everything but the fake leather peeling off. Newmar should just put in cloth seats.
- James, Georgia

2020-06-13 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

My husband and I have been RVing for the past 25 years. We started with a very old 5th wheel and worked out way up through 5 different RV’s before purchasing our beautiful new Newmar Bay Star motorhome. Due to family health issues, we have not had a chance to enjoy our RV as we had hoped which is the reason we are selling. When we did travel we loved the fully automated set up, everything is just a push of a button. We feel right at home with our king size bed and private bedroom. Having entertainment centers (TV) in 4 different locations allows for large game parties or private watching different programs in separate rooms or outside under the awning. The windows throughout the coach are very large allowing plenty of light with an extra large portrait window in the back. We can also darken the coach completely with blackout shades. The fireplace helps create a cozy atmosphere while warming the coach on cold days. The large refrigerator provides plenty of space for a foodie and cook like me. There is plenty of storage throughout the coach both inside and out. The large microwave doubles as a confection oven which bakes bread, muffins and casseroles in record time. The leather furniture is both durable and comfortable with captains chairs that can turn around to face the living area. The couch makes into a bunk bed and the dinette another bed allowing sleeping for 6 comfortably. I love the different types of lighting throughout the coach with reading lights, romantic dimming accent lights and of course bright overhead lights. We occasionally worked while camping and found plenty of electrical outlets and a WIFI booster that helped us stay wired. The bathroom also has plenty of storage and is large enough to move around in easily. The shower has glass doors and is also quite large. I have plenty of room for all my beauty necessities and lighting to help with me with makeup, hair and basic personal hygiene. My husband is the driver in the family and finds this RV easier to maneuver than any of our previous pull behinds and 5th wheels. We purchased a Chevy Equinox as our ‘dingy’ and unless you look at the camera, it is hard to tell you are towing. The turn signals trigger cameras that provide a clear view of the turn lane and the back camera keeps an eye on the dingy and traffic behind. Parking has always been a ‘fun’ time in our family with me directing and my husband trying to follow my lead. With the back up camera on this RV, we are much happier campers while parking. Newmar makes a superb product with even the seemingly insignificant details included. If we find ourselves fortunate enough to own another RV, it will undoubtedly be a Newmar!
- Deborah Gilkey, Georgia

2020-05-17 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3518 View Listings

We loved this RV. We traded in a 27 foot Class A for it. For full-timing this was perfect for us. As neither of us are handy, we wanted something easy to maintain. Gas worked well as it was quite a bit less expensive to maintain than diesel, even though climbing mountains was slower. We chose the Newmar as it was very highly rated in quality. We stayed in many Military RV campgrounds and barely noticed jets flying directly overhead. It stayed cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. I wish the kitchen had more counter space as I love to cook, so that was a sacrifice. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable. Apart from some minor repairs, we've had no problems with this lovely girl. We are sorry to have to sell due to health reasons after only 3 years, and we can't imagine someone loving this RV as much as we do. I think this is a perfect time to sell as less people will want to fly or stay in hotels along the way.
- Edrye Doman, Arizona

2020-03-18 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 3783 View Listings

Quality even at this age of the coach not one thing wrong, it’s built to last, I can’t say enough. I did have to add stabilizer to improve driving. I would highly recommend this manufacturer and this coach
- Christine Nixon, Florida

2020-03-16 2005 Newmar Scottsdale 3201 View Listings

I love my newmar coach I have the 2005 scottsdale model strong motor great transmission mine has the cherry cabinets very well built through the whole coach I have lived in mine for 4 years and love it .fantastic company and it drives so nice very fun to drive
- Tracy , Nevada

2020-03-15 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We had several problems with the electric awning and annoying squeaks. Got thise worked iut after 2 years. Also with the drawer latches breaking (6). But the worst problem was the Dura shield on the front if the coach. It discolored and mildewed within a year. It may be the worst product ever made. I would never buy another motorhome with this on the front. It makes your brand new motorhome look like a garbage truck in less than a year. Much easier to touch up the chips than spend 100 hours or 1200 dollars to remove this horrible product. I would not accept a Newmar from a dealer if it has this on the front. The rest of the rv us perfect.
- Mike, Georgia

2019-11-24 2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

I'll make it short. Had it for 2 years. Goes into shop after every trip, not for the same problem. Neighbors think I rent it. One other thing. Washer, dryer and fridge are Whirpool. If you have a problem and call Whirlpool they say their products are not made for RV's and Newmar is no help
- Frank Campo, Louisiana

2019-10-24 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

We purchased our Newmar 3014 in July 2019 after several years trying to decide on a model that would fit our needs. We had owned a smaller 26' Class A but grew tired of the cramped sleeping arrangements so we decided to upgrade to a 30' class A. We researched several manufactures and decided on the Newmar 3014 after seeing them at various RV shows and after touring the Newmar factory in Indiana. We love the quality of this motorhome, from the exterior paint job to the interior furniture and the superior build quality of the unit. The AC's in this unit are whisper quiet, in our last RV we could barely stand it when the AC was running it was so loud. We like the extra insulation Newmar uses for the floor, walls and ceiling which makes this coach super quiet on the inside. The bedroom has a door for privacy and the bed is very comfy. The bathroom has plenty of room and the shower is also spacious. The full wall slide really opens up the floorspace on this RV. The unit also has Samsung smart TV's and Sony Bluray players for both the living and bedroom. It really is like a condo with its upgraded features and décor. If there is one negative to my review it would be the dash AC system, it does not seem to blow cold enough when traveling on hot summer days. We hope to get this looked at and hopefully it can be adjusted. Newmar RV's are top class. They are not the least expensive, however, you do get your money's worth in my opinion.
- Jeff Taylor, Florida

2019-10-23 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

This is a dream RV and we unfortunately are not using it. We retired and find ourselves on cruises more and more. The layout is perfect for cooking and living. The dining table has two leaves providing an extra amount of flat surface for entertaining and cooking. My husband and I eat at the dining table and have both tv screens on so we can both watch at the same time. We thought this was funny at first but it was enjoyable. The extra recliner was my husband’s seat as I stretched out on the couch while we watched movies through our Roku, WiFi or DVD. Fantastic stereo and audio system throughout including the outdoor entertainment center. My husband would grill and watch his football games. Again great for entertaining. The half bath also meant no one had to go into our bedroom. The side entrance being located behind the passenger seat was a must for us. I didn’t want to be taking food in and out by the passenger seat. I can’t imagine not having a driver door and the automatic window to pay tolls or get directions. The special amenities like the washer/dryer and the dishwasher were added by the first owner. Not what I would require as we would only go out for four or five days at a time. I did make use of the w/d making clean up on muddy, rainy or days at the beach a breeze. We are the second owner. We had never had a king or a sleep number bed before we bought the RV. Now we have a king and one day I want the sleep number at home. It makes camping a luxury! This RV is decked out to go on the road. The stabilizer bars make driving this 40 foot “Beast” as we call it easy enough for me to drive. Two options we have are selling the RV fully furnished with dishes, linens, fire pit, outdoor chairs, tools and much more and we have a Chevy HHR that is tow ready that can be sold with the RV. Come take a test drive!
- Jean Burmester, Florida

2019-08-27 1999 Newmar Dutch Star 2455 View Listings

I had no problem with this Motorhome always start right up I drove from Florida to Knoxville Tn at 65-70 miles an hour no problem at all drives super easy Newmar is great quality manufacture everything works Call 865-314-3024 if any questions
- Benjamin Yoder, Tennessee

2019-08-02 2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3651 View Listings

We drove the RV across the Northern route of the US from North Carolina. We've traveled to many more places in California, Oregon, Utah and Arizona. This is the first class A RV I've owned and I've loved having it. It was set up for towing with the previous owners, but we have not towed anything. Both beds are comfortable. I really like having the larger refrigerator and convection/microwave oven. Very easy to use. The all-in-one washer/dryer is also a plus. There is plenty of storage space throughout (main kitchen and living area, as well as the bathroom and bedroom).
- Michelle, California

2019-06-23 2004 Newmar Kountry Star KSCA 3740 1 View Listings

My wife and love traveling together in our RV. We have a 37’ Newmar Kountrystar model KSCA which has a bath plus half bath. Half bath is exceptional especially when we traveled with grand kids. This model is built using a W-22 Workhorse chassis, an 8.1 vortex gas engine and Allison transmission. This rig has plenty of power. We flat flat tow a Ford Edge and have travelled up and down some significant grades with no power issues. It’s not a sports vehicle but performs very, very well. This coach drives easily and comfortably. We added Koni shocks which made a huge difference after OEM shocks had some wear. The floor plan is great. We have plenty of space with 2 slides. Very comfortable. Plenty of kitchen space and counter top. The coach was equipped with a washer and dryer stacked together. We never used either as the capacity is so small and cycles so slow and the places we camped always have convenient laundry facilities. We removed these appliances and added custom shelving which gave us a large closet with lots of storage. Much more useful in our opinion. Newmar quality is impeccable. The inside of this coach is almost like new. The outside, including decals are still in great shape.
- Paul Bordelon , Texas

2019-06-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Newmar makes an excellent quality Class A. You first notice the remarkable full body paint job, then you enter the interior and find it to be more like a small condo than an RV. The craftsmanship is first rate throughout. Cabinetry is residential quality rather than RV/camper quality in most competing units. All spaces are well utilized. Excellent factory support! Love this motorhome.
- Mike Dzurko, California

2019-05-19 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3215 View Listings

I graduated from tents to pop up, to tag-along,to 5th wheel, and finally a motor home. We purchased with the intent of traveling at retirement. Honestly, at this point, I have no confidence in the reliability of this motor home or the components it’s made from. While most defects were eventually fixed, it was a real struggle to get Newmar step up to honor their obligations for a “quality product “. My problems started within 12 miles of driving it off the lot when the galley window shade fell out going down the road. I bought this unit new in May 2015, it went it the shop December 2015 and stayed until May 2016. Dealership is 280 mile round trip. I made one unnecessary trip during that time when I was told it was ready only to get there and found out the punch list was partially completed. The explanation was Newmar would not warranty the remainder of the punch list. Items addressed included; 2 storage doors replaced, most of the door assist lifts worked on, awning wind sensor replaced, 8 floor tiles replaced,galley window shade replaced, kitchen drawer closer replaced, roof screws resealed ( they were rusty, but that was not addressed!) and the leveling jacks had to be adjusted,they would not retract fully. They day I got it home, the relay for the bedroom slide failed. Within 3 weeks, the forward ac/hp failed and had to be replaced. Since then, the generator had the coils replaced with only maintenance hours ( maybe 7 or 8) on it. And just this week, as I was ready to pull out for a trip, the windshield power shade failed in the down position. And after arriving at my destination I find my windshield has popped out. While I’m glad others are having a good experience with their purchases, this has been a very disappointing and frustrating experience for me.
- Marc Culler, South Carolina