Newmar Class A - Diesel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chase Herbig from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar King Aire 4503 View Listings

Purchased a King Air. Had a problem with the wall slide as it was not level. It was like walking on the side of a hill. Newmar knew they had the problems but sent them to the dealer with the defect. The dealer I also believe knew about the defect. Also the wall slide had a large dent from the inside out. Somehow I over looked it when I purchased but noticed it when I picked up the RV. Newmar service manager told me to bring the rv in and they would adjust the wall slide once they get the parts in from a vendor. This took a month. I refused to drive the RV to dealer since it was a 10 hour round trip then the same to pick up. Newmar manager said they would split the fuel. I was shocked. I refused and after I got my wife involved he agreed. He sent a driver to pick up the RV and returned it but they were suppose to repair the dent at the same time. They didn't stating they didn't have the time so I told The Newmar manager to keep it another week. Didn't hear back from him but the driver called and said he's on the way to deliver my RV. I was surprised that the dent was not going to be repaired but I told them that he would need to return the RV for repairs at his cost. When I got the RV back a few items that I gave the dealer to repair were not done and they destroyed my screen door and scratched up my stainless interior door panel. I later contacted Newmar service manager and told him that he needed to have the RV Ickes up to have the Dent repaired and the other screw up. He said it would be at my cost. Unbelievable,, after fighting thru this he agreed to pay for half the fuel cost. I was in absolute disbelief that this guy is asking me to not only return the RV to the dealer but was negotiating fuel cost. Are we talking about $100 at best. I owned one Essex my first RV then went into owning three preowned Prevosts. I honestly believed that I would get not only a superior RV but the best manufacture and dealer service. To the contrary I was in such disbelief that I sold the RV after owning about 4 months. I was concerned that if Newmar would treat us like they did after just paying over $700,000 for a King Aire what's it going to be like if I had another problem. Newmar knew of the defective wall slide as The service manager told me that they could fix in the field and had to have the vendor make the part for the fix. I have told my story to many many friend that RV and they have stayed away from Newmar. Be careful reading all of these great reviews. Many are staged. RVers need to look at for each other. The manufactures are not regulated like the vehicle manufactures. They dealt with me in bad faith and consumers need to be aware. RVT. Please publish.
- Chase Herbig , Florida

2021-07-25 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 View Listings

We've owned a Newmar Ventana 4002 for 6 years now. We have had 2 other Class A motorhomes by different manufacturers and Newmar is absolutely the best. Spacious floorplan, extreme comfort and the quality of the Newmar is outstanding. We have had no issues or problems except for our outside TV that we broke. We would definitely recommend Newmar as one of the top Class A motor home manufacturers.
- Jackie Roberts, New Jersey

2021-07-24 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 View Listings

We currently own a 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 for 6 years. This motor home has been a blessing. Newmar is one of the top motor home manufacturers and has certainly stood up to it's good reputation. We have not had any problems at all with this unit. We previously owned 2 other brand motor homes and had nothing but problems with both. We finally upgraded to this Newmar Ventana 4002 and it was the best thing we ever did. We even lived in it for a month to test it for retirement full time living and it was perfect! Since we have owned 2 other motor homes that were not Newmar, we realize the quality of the Newmar motor home to be outstanding.
- Jackie Roberts, New Jersey

2021-07-22 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3849 View Listings

I’ve had a wonderful 7 years with my first RV. It was a big diesel pusher and being a woman, it surprised many how easily I took the wheel, parked, set up, connected and disconnected my tow car. The Newmar Drive assist makes steering is easy, like driving a car. The interior has been so beautiful warm and homey, I just love traveling and seeing the US and finding parks and camps across this land. The lifestyle is wonderful when you have a beautiful RV to call home.
- Bev wieland, Missouri

2021-06-18 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

We have enjoyed this Dutch Star immensely. Floor plan is suits us n our daughters family of four very well. Queen walk around master with plenty of clothes storage n hanging area x 4. Queen fold out couch is very easy to set up n take down. Rocker recliner swivels n is comfortable for reading at length. Driver n passenger front luxury seating is electric n so gentle on our old bones 🤪. One super slide makes the living room very large. The engine is quiet n efficient at 9-11 mpg. Fully loaded towing a trailer with our suv on it. We have always used the best filters (Donaldson n Amsoil) n amsoil 100 % synthetic fluids threw out. New AC’s are very cool 😎. Self leveling is a must we never take for granted New tires ride great. The Spartan Mtn master chassis is one of the best options we have for ride n steering. 115gl water tank n 100gl diesel fill either side are advantages we support for any RV. Needless to say we have enjoyed this coach for many years n we are only parting with it because of my sight failing It’s been a great ride. Time to move on. Mike
- Mike Spangler, Montana

2021-06-12 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

With a full super slide of one side and two slides on the left side you have lots of room. I'm 6'5 and I feel very comfortable in this unit. Having any problems with this unit and with the extended warranty we have a piece of mine also with it. It has all the bells and whistles that you could ever want. Very fun to drive also.
- Joseph W Gustin, Michigan

2021-05-23 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

We absolutely love our Dutch Star! The Comfort Steer makes it so easy to drive and the quality is top notch! We also love the emergency exit in the bathroom as well as the tag axle on the 40 footer.
- Marti Shoenfelt, Ohio

2021-05-18 2017 Newmar Ventana 3436 View Listings

Perhaps the biggest obstacle for my husband and I was the fact that we are both quite tall. Therefore the queen bed was too small for us as was the dinette legroom. He loved driving the rig. Very comfortable. The storage was great.
- Robin , Florida

2021-05-16 2016 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

The Ventana 4369 is the 2nd Newmar Diesel Pusher we've owned. Every aspect of owning a Newmar is great. In almost 4 years, we've never had the coach in the shop for anything except maintenance service. The questions we have had are always welcome from the factory in Nappanee and they always are correct. Pulling into new places where other Newmar owners are there is like seeing old friends. When we get ready for a smaller motorhome, we'll get another Newmar.
- Lisa M Leonard, Arizona

2021-04-20 2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3858 View Listings

Our 2000 Dutch Star has been a pleasure to own. It is not too long at 38' but has all the comforts and storage needed for long term use. My husband felt a second opposing slide would have made a big difference but I did not feel the same. It has been reliable for over 70,000 miles we put onto the 90,000 miles it already had. Costs for upkeep and repairs has been minimal compared to other R.V.'s
- Nina Rose, Oregon

2021-04-15 2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 View Listings

Horrible, horrible photos. Can someone take photos that are crystal clear so you can zoom in on them? Can't see the mileage (blurry photos) Engine and generator photos need to be included and the generator should be shown installed and then slid out. Thanks
- Pat Johnson, Georgia

2021-04-03 2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

We will never buy Newmar again since we don't love service lounges. We full timed for 4 years in a 2016 Dutch Star. The first year we spent 2 months in service while living in it. By the end of the fourth year we spent almost 5 months in service because of over 120 repair items. Even though they offer tech support during limited hours during the week, good luck getting someone to call after hours, the service techs frequently gave bad advice and struggled to timely get us into service facilities under warranty. They became useless after warranty expired. Extended warranty by Cornerstone was a joke on us, always denied a claim, never should have bought it. Big stuff like: side radiator gear box went out twice, AC unit failed, needed a new one, 2 slides leaked (lack of sealant inside the slide from production) causing severe damage to cabinets, steering gearbox failed, full wall slide sagged requiring additional support and replacement of broken tiles, Oasis system 2 pumps failed, 3 full wall hydraulic pumps had to be replaced (slide cheeped out while driving, then new pump leaked after they replace wrong pump), furniture replaced because the fake leather cracked, 5 television sets mostly for unknown reasons, refrigerator failed, televator replaced, door step electric cover broke, door latch broke twice, Oasis fluid leaks, power steering fluid leaks, 2 leaks to the Freightliner air system (requiring them to cut out the diesel tank to get at the air reservoir), Winegard over the air and satellite antennas both replaced, 3 outside decorative trim pieces just fell off from lack of adequate silicone, silicone caulking around entire outside separated from the paint, diamond shield on front bubbled and separated (no we don't allow power washers to be used on the coach). But it was the small stuff from lack of quality at Newmar production and components that just accumulated that were the most annoying; like toilet electric switch failed, tiles cracked, inside trim separated from walls, wall paper came off, power reel replaced, cable to TV failed, bay door actuator failed, loose fuse box connection, dry climates the wood shrinks exposing unstained wood, wood stain wore off around door knobs, numerous drawer latches had to be replaced. As most RVers know, its the phone calls, troubleshooting, rerouting, scheduling, and fighting about what was warranty and how long it takes to fix something is the biggest headache. We did our part making sure we followed all the service requirements and self maintenance of the coach. For a Class A costing over $420,000 MSRP, this was our mistake for buying it, believing we were getting "Newmar quality" for the price. Selling it was one of the happiest days of our lives. If RV manufacturers profit/cost cutting measure is to increase production but to fix problems post production, then they should be offering 2-3 year full warranties for time to fix all the production and component failures. It was impossible to schedule enough service appointments in the first year to fix all the issues we encountered. Many Newmar service centers required at least 3-4 months to schedule and mobile repair can only do so much. The only positive regarding repairs was the Newmar service in Nappanee, Indiana. Have to schedule months in advance, but at least they have the parts and knowledge to repair quickly unlike most RV dealer service centers.
- Steve, Florida

2021-03-29 2020 Newmar Ventana 4369 View Listings

I like everything, but the light switches and the wife said that killed the deal.You need a magnifying glass just to read them.I really liked the color scheme inside and out.Large shower is just what we were looking for.
- Kenneth Dye, Illinois

2021-03-02 2012 Newmar Mountain Aire 4330 View Listings

Très satisfaite du service Newmar ,toujours la pour aider même avec difficulté de Communiquer en français tous les réparations ou achats de chez Newmar direct sont très bien! Très facile à conduire avec le comfort Drive j! J’aimerais un autre Newmar
- Mélanie Harvey, Quebec

2021-02-25 2014 Newmar King Aire 4593 View Listings

Very nice coach . Had a Essex before this coach. Newmar has very good quality but Had little things that should not happen on this expensive of a coach. North trail did not honor there warranty at the end Very disappointed with the way they handled some issues Overall super nice and drives great
- Tommy, Florida

2021-02-24 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810 View Listings

Newmar is by far the premium Class A motor coach. Cabinetry and construction is second to none. Even with the older coaches, Newmar tech support has been excellent. Have absolutely no complaints with our unit!
- Kevin Foster, Illinois

2021-02-06 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

In your quest for a perfect coach I would rate the Newmar Essex one on the very top. Livability like a well appointed apartment. Driving like a luxury vehicle and very quiet. Towing, well, I towed a Jeep and really never knew I was towing a vehicle except when I looked in the camera screen and saw the Jeep. Quality was superb upon taking care of a few items the previous owner neglected. If you are seeking a coach for road travel this is it. Last, power is the ability to climb mountain roads in Colorado with a Jeep in tow and pass other RV's and trucks accelerating up hill.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana

2021-02-03 2017 Newmar Essex 4519 View Listings

Absolutely a luxury and quality coach. Would love to keep the unit but can not due to wife's health. Traveled one major trip to Denver and found it is like driving a luxury auto. Has absolutely everything need to travel with extended stay. All components have been check and serviced.
- Thomas Lambert, Indiana

2021-01-29 2007 Newmar Dutch Star 4320 View Listings

We have owned this brand of RV for twelve years. Newmar makes a good, solid product. Have visited the factory service center and was treated professionally and with great courtesy. Maintenance was a tad pricey but great service and wouldn't hesitate to come back again. The coach we have — with a Spartan, tag axle chassis — drives like a dream. We added the Koni shocks and it now takes the bridge/highway transitions so much softer. Highly recommend them. We have very little to complain about with this coach. Only wish we lived a bit closer to the factory service center for routine maintenance. After 12 years, our coach still looks like new and nothing has fallen off of it or worn out except usual items like tires. You can't go wrong with a Newmar!
- Ron Wells, South Carolina

2021-01-14 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 View Listings

Amazing rare rv. Well built, real wood cabinets, solid mechine, barely had any issues. Very good size to weight ratio, most 40 foot rvs only have a 360 horsepower, this one has 425. Plenty of power. 4085 is a very nice floor plan with the bathroom accessible from the bedroom or from the front. Feels like a 2015 quality and finishes wise, you would never guess its a 2009. Great value for your money. Would highly reccomend if looking for a nice diesel pusher in the low 100k range.
- Caleb Byers, Florida

2021-01-12 2018 Newmar Dutchstar 4310 View Listings

We traveled 13 states over two summers with twin boys, three dogs, and our elderly uncle. The 4310 is not only accommodating for families, but also has lovely finishes that make you feel truly at home. There is space for a family to find areas where they can read privately, or there is sufficient space at the European Dinette for game nights and dinners. For us, having two full showers was such a blessing. Additionally, the residential size refrigerator was helpful so that we did not require as many stops to restock. The engine is powerful and did not cause us issues when pulling our vehicle. When the world travels at such a rapid pace, it is the moments when families can be together in nature, that slows everything down and makes the simple things in life so valuable.
- Jacquie Montoya, Nevada

2020-12-20 2001 Newmar Dutch Star 3891 View Listings

Wonderful motorhome everything made to last on any Newmar product. The drive-ability was the best on the DutchStar extra stable even in wind goes up hills like a billy goat just the best. Better turning radius too
- Skip Tomas, Florida

2020-12-17 2015 Newmar King Aire 4584 View Listings

Love love loved this RV. If you use it plan to maintain it. Few repairs will be needed but nothing major. Always impressive. Don’t settle for less. You’ll be glad you owned a KingIre. Newmar Cust service is the BEST!!!!!
- Jim, Kansas

2020-12-11 2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 View Listings

Should have walked away from this deal at the dealer. problems started when we took delivery. One heatpump and one toilet weren't working when we did out PDI. dealer assured us it would be fixed asap, after we took delivery that promise disappeared, spent the next day sitting in the waiting room only to be told they didn't have the parts and we needed to come back in 6 months. This was Holiday World in Katy tx. Drove unit to Jacksonville where they fixed the toilet and replaced the heatpump but didn't seat or tighten it so next rain we got the bedroom flooded. That was campers Inn in Jacksonville and they wouldn't even return my calls as water poured into my new coach. Newmar sent a mobile mech to fix the leak. before we got out of fl got the double check engine light and def warnings, Spartan passed me off to Coach.net and a week later a mobile tech showed up and replaced the def head. Took the unit straight to Napannee ind (factory service center) to get a multitude of issues fixed such as window shades not working awnings inop rain pouring in from the full wall slide. While we were there they noticed the engine was leaking oil, had to call cummings for that issue, it was the rear main seal, took 2 weeks in the shop to get that fixed. all this with less than 3,000 miles on a new coach. It's sitting in my driveway waiting for me to wonder where I want to breakdown next.
- Jeff Mason, Texas

2020-12-04 2011 Newmar Dutch Star 4034 View Listings

I've owned this coach for six years, bought it used and would buy a Newmar product again! It's well built,great options and excellent customer service from Newmar. This forty footer with comfort steering drives like a dream!
- batchiefwaddy, Nevada