Newmar Canyon Star RVs Reviews (23)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Canyon Star RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Lois Lore from New Jersey says:

Have you owned any Newmar Canyon Star RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 View Listings

I would like to tell you about my Newmar First of all when we first bout it the floor had some scatches the dealer said they could fix it take go camping and we will fix when you get back OK sounds good No not good Newmar said the scratches came because I did not clean the floor before putting in the slide Not true Cabinet above oven door was hanging while driving down the road The sewer they had the tanks labeled oppsite so as you can image it was like the movie RV except it back up in my shower Now we're riding down the road and the back up camera fall inside the dash board 5 screws that were never screwed in why because there was no place to screw them the freezer refrigerator lock fell apart so my husband I are riding in the camper to our vacation spot with duck tape holding the refrigerator shut duck tape to hold the back up camera The refrigerator shut off for some reason and we lost over $100.00 dollars worth of good truer to fix with teck but we had to take it in and guess what it was a breaker hidden it took the teck 2 hours to find and I have a surprise for not under warranty or extended warranty this bill was over $200.00 tub was not chalked so tub was leaking.
- Lois Lore, New Jersey

2019-11-24 2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

I'll make it short. Had it for 2 years. Goes into shop after every trip, not for the same problem. Neighbors think I rent it. One other thing. Washer, dryer and fridge are Whirpool. If you have a problem and call Whirlpool they say their products are not made for RV's and Newmar is no help
- Frank Campo, Louisiana

2019-10-23 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

This is a dream RV and we unfortunately are not using it. We retired and find ourselves on cruises more and more. The layout is perfect for cooking and living. The dining table has two leaves providing an extra amount of flat surface for entertaining and cooking. My husband and I eat at the dining table and have both tv screens on so we can both watch at the same time. We thought this was funny at first but it was enjoyable. The extra recliner was my husband’s seat as I stretched out on the couch while we watched movies through our Roku, WiFi or DVD. Fantastic stereo and audio system throughout including the outdoor entertainment center. My husband would grill and watch his football games. Again great for entertaining. The half bath also meant no one had to go into our bedroom. The side entrance being located behind the passenger seat was a must for us. I didn’t want to be taking food in and out by the passenger seat. I can’t imagine not having a driver door and the automatic window to pay tolls or get directions. The special amenities like the washer/dryer and the dishwasher were added by the first owner. Not what I would require as we would only go out for four or five days at a time. I did make use of the w/d making clean up on muddy, rainy or days at the beach a breeze. We are the second owner. We had never had a king or a sleep number bed before we bought the RV. Now we have a king and one day I want the sleep number at home. It makes camping a luxury! This RV is decked out to go on the road. The stabilizer bars make driving this 40 foot “Beast” as we call it easy enough for me to drive. Two options we have are selling the RV fully furnished with dishes, linens, fire pit, outdoor chairs, tools and much more and we have a Chevy HHR that is tow ready that can be sold with the RV. Come take a test drive!
- Jean Burmester, Florida

2019-01-25 2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 View Listings

This is my first class A toy hauler. Coach has 22,000 miles on it and the leveling system broke. I have a hard time trying to find someone to fix it. Dealer was no help at all in giving advise. A/c in rear is not big enough to cool on a hot summer day. Generator isn’t big enough to run everything!
- Andy Cooper, Virginia

2019-01-14 2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3610 View Listings

We own this coach and we love it. Newmar is manufactured by the Amish and everyone knows their quality and work. Newmar Corp is very easy to deal with and we are satisfied. Attention to detail is obvious in this coach. Plenty of storage.
- Faye Patterson, Florida

2018-08-21 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3956 View Listings

I have spent 24 months out of 4 years enjoying this RV. Gasoline Ford V10 has been fun to travel in and cheap to maintain. 39’ 11” provides enough space to be comfortable. Washer and dryer does a great job on laundry. Plentiful storage underneath. Shower is good size and a king size bed.
- John Myers , Florida

2018-07-31 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

Not winterized /water pours from inside shower to ground outside /lift stuck up or down mid air/driver seat replaced and moves during drive / ants ceiling. Bedroom walls,floor/ Not cleansed after use .Check Repair Invoices Buyer hire a licensed RV Inspection.
- S Palmer, Colorado

2018-07-17 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

All equiped, power bang, safety bar, 300 watts solar panel, tow bar, front and window sunshade, bid hydraulic lift with electric door, 5500 watts generator, washer and dryer, electric bed, fireplace,25000 M
- Errol Paille, Quebec

2018-01-04 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3710 View Listings

We purchased the Newmar 3712 with 5400 miles on it in Jan 2017. The original owner had added some 15k in accessories to the coach and we were told that it was traded because he wanted a diesel coach that was 500k. As of now I don’t believe a word of it. We have had 4 new ac units in the front and are arguing with Newmar as we are getting ready to have number 5 installed. The current unit was installed under warranty in May of 2017 and , we have been informed that because the unit was replaced under warranty Dometic will not cover it. I will never recommend Newmar to anyone. Showers leaking, slide rollers needed replacing, multiple fuses blowing randomly. To top it off when I called customer service “Carl” pretty much told me “so what you are out of warranty” and questioned why I bought a used coach. What??? Anyhow, the good news it that I have more money than time and I will put these inconsiderate people through the wringer washer their mother owned.
- Pat Marendo, North Carolina

2017-09-20 2017 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

You know that you found the right rig when the wife walks through it for 5 minutes amazed at the interior quality BEFORE she realizes that it's a wheelchair accessible coach. We had assumed that accessible RV's were all custom-ordered and outside our budget. This is not the case with Newmar. They produce 3 model lines (1 gas and 2 diesels) specifically geared towards accessibility. Newmar has done an excellent job of engineering and designing the Canyon Star 3911, although it's just as happy being a spacious motor home as it is accommodating our daughter (who's in the wheelchair). Don't misunderstand, this coach doesn't necessarily hit every mark, but it generally does everything quite well. The Canyon Stars surprisingly have many things included that are usually found only in more expensive diesel coaches. Great outside storage.....it's hard to use all of it. Exterior and interior fit and finish is outstanding. Being 40' long and 22,000# without our gear, the 6.8 V10 gas motor works hard climbing big hills and is generally hard on gas (6.5 to 7.5 mpg). The 26K Ford F53 chassis does a reasonably good job. As a long-time diesel pick-up owner that hauled 38' trailers, I had to convince myself that a gas motor home would make the grade...the 3911 does the job. If a diesel coach is not within your budget, considering the Newmar Class A Canyon Star line would be time well spent. They are not cheap when comparing to most other brands, but outside of the Tiffin gas models, there are not any brands out there that can compare in the areas of exterior finish, overall thoughtfulness in design, outside storage and the ease of access to it, cabinetry, quietness both on the road and at the campground, and the overall fit and finish. Overall, if we had the means, we would have purchased a 450hp diesel pusher.....mostly because I am a 30-year diesel owner. The Newmar Canyon Star line, in our opinion, is the next best thing.
- Bob Kessler, Pennsylvania

2017-09-05 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3914 View Listings

My wife and I are fulltime in this 2015 Canyon Star 3914. We did have some problems when we first bought the coach but that was the dealer mostly. When I called directly to Newmar and talked to Bruce, he took care of everything. My wife is a travel nurse and Bruce never asked us to bring our rig to a dealer. He sent someone to our campground everytime we had a problem to get it fixed. Every new rig will have problems...and Newmar fixed this rig of our every and anytime we had a problem. Now that we have had it for over 8 mos we have had no problems since.
- David Lesh, Pennsylvania

2017-06-25 2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

We have thoroughly enjoyed the Canyon Star. It is easy to drive and has ample power to tow a 6500 lb vehicle. The craftsmanship is evident. The 3953 is very livable with plenty of room to be comfortable. The bay storage is massive and will easily accept all your gear.
- Randy Lane, Texas

2017-04-18 2017 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

Drove from the dealer to the house opened the the slide tried to open the the shade canopy no luck tried to lower the garage screen no luck called new mar no help bounced me from one tech to another sent me parts wrong parts still to this day don't have parts if i had a chance to do it over it would be outlaw no help newmar.. there is no room for the driver when the full wall slide out is in.
- louis , California

2017-02-04 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911 View Listings

Buyer beware, Newmar DOES NOT provide Satellite Radio. It merely provides the capability of Satellite Radio through through the Clarion NAV system. Totally misleading. Nemar cannot even tell me if part of the prep includes the antenna, a critical piece of information. If you want Satellite Radio, you need to purchase a receiver and antenna. To put in the reciever you need to pull the NAV unit and install the receiver. Clarion does have the adapter built in. The receiver needs to come fom Sirus and I have been told from one source for $300.00. not including labor.
- Joe Bonanno, Arkansas

2016-10-27 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3914 View Listings

Had our 2015 Canyon Star about 9 months when we started having problems with the driver side living area slide out. It either would not come in or go out. It was "repaired" several times at the dealer and twce at the factory and worked fine while there but it failed again the first time we tried to use it after repairs. Newmar has worked on it and supported the repair costs so far but seems unable to get to the root cause and cure. VERY FRUSTRATING and Newmar attitude is sort of blase. BUMMER
- Cliff, North Carolina

2016-07-25 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 View Listings

We bought the canon star toy hauler brand new The slide outs scratch the floor The slide out rips the leather off the driver seat The back up camera fell out on to the floor riding down the road Water got in the case of the steps shorted out The lock fell off the refrigerator door flew open riding down the road The tub was not chalked and leaked Cabinets fell off Ramp door will not go down Hot water heater is not working Water pump is broke We have no Water pressure Wires hanging everywhere Jacks broke We bought this 2-2014 it is 7-35-2016 We have had 3 other motor homes No one knows how to work on it
- Lois Lore, New Jersey

2016-05-16 2012 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 View Listings

Quiet possibly the worst experience possible with any of the RVs we've owned. From the beginning, we've had consist repairs to it. All total over $20,000 to date. So sad, started as an appealing vehicle but the workmanship and customer service isn't where it needs to be. Be prepared for a difficult experience.
- Doug Sparks, Minnesota

2015-11-25 2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 View Listings

The best motorhome I ever owned, super convenient for family and storage. This is the most practical motorhome on the market.
- alain huberdeau, Florida

2015-07-09 2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3953 View Listings

We absolutely love it. Four slides gives lots of open space so we never feel cooped up. Great for travel or as a home. The half bath does come in handy. Tons of storage so you don't have to leave anything at home. Quality materials and construction and wonderful customer service from the factory. We want another Newmar...a diesel. We won't even consider another brand. There are plenty of places to get comfortable. I love to sit and knit in the passenger seat or the recliner. Hubby stretches out on the sofa. The bed is as comfy as ours at home.
- Sally Summerfield, Kentucky

2015-04-25 2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 View Listings

Plenty of room for all. Garage is a great bonus room when you remove your toys. It has its own heat and AC, Rubber floor so its great for pets when you are out all day. Lots of storage under the coach. Sways when 18 wheeler passes you, But drives great.
- Art, New York

2015-01-24 2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3921 View Listings

This Newmar 3921 Toy Hauler has superior quality because it is built with the Amish tradition of excellence. Stands far above others in the price range. 40" Sony Bravia TV over the cockpit, Outside Sony Bravia TV, Sony Bravia TV in Bedroom and Garage. Cabinetry fit and finish is exceptional. Driven other manufacturers and the driving of this Newmar is so easy, well placed mirrors. The four color paint has four coats of clear on it and has a really nice shine to it, easy to keep clean, a pleasure to wash.
- Michel Lacombe, Ontario

2015-01-05 2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3647 View Listings

I purchased used, like new. Has been great; paint is fantastic, cabinets fit and finish is exceptional.
- Daniel Brovont, New Mexico

2014-11-19 2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3641 View Listings

This beautiful Newmar quality Amish built RV is so far above anything else in it's price range. The kitchen has the largest amount of Corian workspace of any other 36 footers. Large flat screen TV over the cockpit and another large one in the kitchen. All the conveniences of home are in this RV, and it is in excellent condition. Very comfortable and conveniences galore. Underneath storage is huge as well as interior storage.
- Betty and John Willard, North Carolina