Newmar Bay Star Sport

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Bay Star Sport RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Julie from Louisiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

The Newmar Bay Star Sport is a beautiful coach however, the air conditioning is insufficient for the coach of you live in the South. Newmar told us that the dealership should have told us that. My question is why would you build a coach that had insufficient A/C and sell it to a dealership in New Mexico? Ours even has an upgraded A/C and will not cool the coach. It was a miserable summer in our new RV.
- Julie, Louisiana

2021-08-28 2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3404 View Listings

This is an excellent coach! I've never seen a better floor plan for the money. So spacious and drives like a dream. All the furnishings are so luxurious and there are more than enough storage areas both inside and underneath. Our family of five have traveled in this as well as just my wife and I and we have always been more than pleased with this coach.
- Don Woehrman, Missouri

2021-08-08 2020 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2813 View Listings

We bought the referenced coach brand new, viewed only on the web. It was delivered to us by a third party delivery service, so no walk-through was done to address the deficiencies, which are many. IF we are able to get those warranty items addressed (still have not been able to make an appt), we would certainly be happy with this coach with few complaints. The main concern is drivability. The coach sways and is difficult to drive. Even after 6k miles. IMO, the chassis is too short for this model. Does anyone else experience similar issues, and what have you done to correct or otherwise address?
- Sandy Sather, Oregon

2021-06-30 2021 Newmar Bay Star Sport View Listings

We loved this RV. Just the right size, drives real easy. Towed Smart Car with no trouble. Very roomy and comfortable. Has microwave, gas stove, double sinks and lots of workable space. Quenn bed and huge closet in bedroom. Two TV's. Nice bath with shower. Large awning to enjoy the outdoors.
- Barbara A Mason, Florida

2021-06-30 2021 Newmar Bay Star Sport View Listings

We loved this RV. It was the perfect size. Very comfortable queen bed, nice kitchen. Easy to drive. Has 2 TV's. We are selling it because my husband has an eye condition and is not able to drive it any longer.
- Barbara A Mason, Florida

2021-06-18 2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3226 View Listings

Overall we like the rig. Has nice features like Corian counter tops, large shower, king size bed. We had problems with the levelers and step. Had to replace the gears and motor in these units only after a few trips for about $2,600. There are some improvements that Newmar could make. Ward doors are too big and hard to get into the wardrobe. A double door or sliding door would be better. With the unit closed, it is really hard to get into the bathroom. A pocket door would solve that problem. Trying to unlock the kitchen slide out is really difficult. I get all cut up when I reach in to unlock the slide. The tool they give you is difficult to get in the small opening with the slide in. Location of the navigation is both horrible and dangerous. You have to take your eyes off the road to read it. I use a Garmin that I can set on the dash directly in front of me. It is much safer. The cheap plastic drawer latches are garbage. Have replaced then with magnetic latches. Now the good stuff. Drives very well. I tow a small car and you don't even know it is there. The sofa and captains chairs are comfortable and high quality. The dual heat pumps work very well even in Arizona heat. We travel with 3 small dogs and I made a gate that attaches to the wooden banister to keep them from getting out when we are parked. I also made some wardrobe shelves since you can't get into the drawers with the bed slide-out in. I also added some marine cup holders by each side of the sofa since there was no place to put your drinks. Overall a good unit.
- Gary Smith, Arizona

2021-04-30 2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3008 View Listings

Great looking perfect size only problem everything keeps breaking... refrigerator stopped working took a major act to get it in and the control unit to be replaced. After one shower the hot water stopped working (it is at dealer now - they don’t know when it will be finished), warranty work is a joke... this is my 4th RV and maintenance ranks up there with Camping World... the shades/blinds are not attached because the bottom that attaches to bottom of window are too big... windows in front cab whistle and rattle going down road (maintenace said I quote “what do you expect, it’s a box on a truck chassis!”). Unfortunately, I bought or fell for buying maintenance plan and I get more response from homeless than I do from maintenance support. And OBTW the guy at the number Newmar has on the line “24/7” said buy a cooler or a dorm frig to replace the one in the unit! My recommendation is buy cheap and save yourself money, because the more cash you spend you still get poor quality and workmanship and god awful Maintenance support.
- Tracy, South Carolina

2020-11-08 2015 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

This is a nice quality Newmar coach. It has a lot of features that most smaller units don't include. Perfectly comfortable for 2 people to vacation or full timing. After upgrading the heat pump to a 15000 BTU unit it cools nicely and the addition of a sunscreen windshield cover helped greatly. This is a lot of RV packed into a compact unit!
- John, Florida

2019-03-26 2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3014 View Listings

This Newmar Bay Star, a 30'-11" gas unit was delivered the day after I selected it. I found nothing to fix at the walk thru. Found a couple of things that the dealer fixed the next day while I waited after the first trip. The next trips have been uneventful. This is so far above in quality from the 2017 Winnebago and 2018 Thor Hurricane I had previously that were full of issues, that its higher price still represents a far better value. Drives better. Is quieter. Cabinets are better and hardware works far better. Furniture and seats are superior and comfortable. Sure there are a few things I'd like to see different, but its just a far better coach. They just need more dealers and service centers. Likely the best layout in the 30' range. LOVE IT!
- Skip Harvey, California

2019-01-18 2018 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2903 View Listings

I purchased this model at an RV sow in September and was able to use it for several times before the winter. This is my 3 person family's first RV after having experience with tent camping alongside my parents RV for years. The best selling features on this unit were the separated bedroom, the U-Dinette, and the Outdoor Kitchen. While we weren't looking for a bunkhouse model initially, we've found it to be quite beneficial to us. Livability - The bedroom having a solid wall for separation is a primary reason we chose this model. the doors block off light and some sound so the my wife can sleep in or nap while the rest of the trailer is still accessible. The wall is really close to the foot of the bed, so having to use both sliding doors is a must and just a mild inconvenience to get used to. It would be nice if the doors had a magnetic catch installed from the factory, but that is a $5 set of parts to add in after. The kitchen area is well laid out with adequate counter space while using the sink insert for preparing meals. The U-Dinette works well for my family for meals and playing games, but sits at an awkward angle to the entertainment center so viewing a mounted TV would not be ideal. The double bunk works well for my daughter as she can set up a permanent bed on the top bunk while using the bottom bunk as a relaxing area while playing games or coloring. The bathroom is a bit cramped for us, but is well apportioned. I would have liked a nicer looking cabinet in the bathroom that matched the rest of the cabinets, but that is minor. The exterior kitchen provides a great way to use outdoor space to greater effect without having to bring along additional gear. Overall Quality - Construction quality is solid and I have experienced no significant issues outside of minor problems from the unit being used as a show model, which the dealership noted and resolved quickly once parts arrived for the repairs. There are some fit and finish items that could be addressed such as the exposed plumbing in the bathroom between the tub and cabinet and trimming exposed screws and foam insulation on the bottom of the unit. The tongue height is quite low, so while great for center of gravity, leaves little clearance for weight distribution and sway control systems. Floor Plan - As mentioned, the Dinette is at an odd angle for the entertainment center. The slide makes the main area feel quite large and livable. Driving/Towing - I tow behind a 1/2 Ton Chevrolet Avalanche and with a weight distribution hitch this trailer is very well behaved at highway speeds. The pre-wiring for a rear camera is extremely helpful and I highly recommend having one installed. While I was initially concerned about the length and weight, those concerns were eliminated after my first experience towing. Manufacturer/Warranty Support - The dealership we purchased from encouraged us to get out and use the unit quickly after purchase so that we could find any issues that came up. After using it about 3 weekends, we found some minor issues and the dealer made notes over the phone and got us scheduled over the winter to address everything outstanding with minimal effect on our plans to use the trailer. We are quite happy with our choice of RV and look forward to using it for years to come.
- SilverStryfe, Idaho

2018-12-12 2018 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2903 View Listings

Can't find a better unit in the same price range. Insulation is excellent. Can't say enough good things about it. These are hard to find and tend to sell fast when they go on the market or are on a lot. 941-460-8601
- jan, Florida

2018-10-15 2015 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 View Listings

Great and practical motorhome. Big enough for 2 people to live in or take the whole family for vacation. Beautifully decorated, quality equipments, great visibility even a rear window. Will be able to stay at most campgrounds.
- George, Florida

2018-07-07 2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2705 View Listings

My wife and I love this 28' RV because we can get into places that many of the larger rigs can't. It has plenty of power allowing us to flat tow a vehicle for ease in exploring larger cities. It is comfortable to drive and park yet has a great floorplan that makes extended stays of longer than several months enjoyable as well. The high-quality manufacturing processes of Newmar is everything we had hoped for when we purchased it. To sum it up - both my wife and I agree that almost as soon as we get home from a trip, we start talking about when we can go on our next adventure.
- Dick Powell, Oregon