Newmar Bay Star

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Bay Star RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mike from Georgia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Newmar Bay Star 3215 View Listings

Good design and layout. Great finishing work and designed to live in and be very comfortable. It is easy to drive and pull our Honda CRV. Quality good, but have rear AC/HP that vibrates and must turn off at nite, shower door is not square in frame, front passenger seat needs to be replaced, outside compartments did not close well and needed adjustment. One of the house batteries has failed in less that 6 months. These are warranty issues to be fixed soon. Newmar customer support has been excellent. Overall very pleased with our Newmar and highly recommend.
- Mike, Georgia

2021-09-13 2021 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

This a beautiful coach with limited miles and ready for a new owner. My wife and I have enjoyed our 10 months traveling the western U.S. Our pricing is well below industry offerings as there very limited availability of 2021 A Class RVs. Call us at your earliest opportunity. We have many interested buyers.
- Richard Douglas Talmo, California

2021-09-06 2012 Newmar Bay Star 2901 View Listings

2012 Newmar Baystar 2901 is a luxury motorhome making traveling and camping so comfortable. The Newmar Baystar is well built. If you want luxury and durability, this is the best choice. If you can find a used Newmar Baystar in great condition...buy it. It will hold it's value.
- Louann Haw, Maryland

2021-09-01 2021 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Our experience in this RV has been nothing short of extraordinary. The floor plan is like an Airbnb on wheels. We've cooked gourmet meals while enjoying local TV, DVRs and internet accessible streaming. The RV handles great and the tow experience is comfortable. This model looks great and is a cut above many of the coaches on the road. With COVID continuing to challenge travel in the U.S., having a comfortable Newmar Bay Star is the safest way to see America.
- Richard Douglas Talmo, California

2021-08-15 2011 Newmar Bay Star 3302 View Listings

Looking at tons of use motorhomes, you can see and feel the difference in quality when you step into a Newmar. Everything looks new for so much longer. The first thing you notice is how much cooler it is in a Newmar...second thing is how quiet it is. Everything is so well built, so even 15 year old coach can look new.
- Patrick Riley, Texas

2021-08-12 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3113 View Listings

The Newmar Bay Star motorcoach is a great value. High-end materials and workmanship make this brand stand out among the others. Factory support is among the best in the industry. My next coach will definitely be a Newmar.
- Jeffrey Simoneau, California

2021-03-04 2013 Newmar Bay Star 3302 View Listings

I am fully satisfied with a Newmar Motorhome. Since I purchased it used I have had all the tires replaced and have had a proper wheel alignment done. Can drive at all speeds with no problem and hookups are a breeze.
- Paul Rottau, South Carolina

2021-01-14 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

In October of 2020, my wife and I purchased a new Newmar Baystar. We went on a 3 week camping trip soon thereafter. Before leaving, I noted a clicking noise in the awning. The dealer informed me that the awning motor was bad. While I was away, the motor arrived. As soon as we completed our return home we took the motor home back to the dealer. This was on December 4. During the next week, the dealer called and indicated that the new motor was bad. They would need to order another one. About a week and a half later, the dealer retuned my call. Once again, the third motor now was bad. That was last week. Again, another motor was ordered. This was the third motor ordered. A couple of days ago, I called the service manager to find out the status on the last awning motor. She was unsure when the motor would arrive, but did inform me that their dealership had another Newmar with the same issue. Not only that, they had ordered 11 or 12 of these motors and all were bad. I have talked to Newmar until I am blue in the face. I asked them to send 2 or 3 motors at the same time. They refused. One of their reps did some research and found that the awning motor vendor had produced a bad batch of motors. Duh!!! I recommended that Newmar should find out when, where, and how many of these motors were built and have them recalled. The rep thought that sounded good, but did not suggest that he would pursue such a matter. This issue has been going on for 6 weeks now and my rv has been at the dealership during this time. After reading reviews on this website, however, I have discovered that even back in 2017 Newmar was having awning motor issues. One even indicated that it took two years to get the problem resolved. Evidently, like many corporations, Newmar seems only concerned about selling rather expensive motor homes, but really has no interest in resolving a very obvious problem. I would assume that a company with the reputation of Newmar would do what it needed to remedy a problem, even if they had to dump one vendor and find another. After all, customers are the people paying big bucks to drive motor homes, not the vendor who cannot produce an operable part, nor makes any attempt to correct the flaw in their design. This is unacceptable. My advice to future buyers of Newmar rvs is to check the awning and make sure it works before purchasing. If there is a problem, run like hell to escape a vehicle with long term problems.
- David, Colorado

2020-11-26 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

Just bought a 2020 Newmar 3626. When the generator runs the slide out hardware rattles. Most disappointing of all is the horrible quality mattresses on the King Bed and pull out couch. I would expect this lack of quality on entry level trailer.
- Brian, Florida

2020-09-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Purchased coach, the awning never worked and was a problem trying to retract while camping. the Frig never worked and dealer would not work with us on finding a replacement coach for the time, since parts to fix both could take weeks or months. This was a Bay Star and was only one day old when the problems started. Not a happy camper.
- Babcock, Idaho

2020-09-02 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

You get what you pay for! Newmar is unsurpassed in quality and customer service is top notch. They listen to their customers and every year improve upon the previous year. Perfect layout, you cannot believe how much room you can get in a 31ft RV.
- Jeff Tripp, North Carolina

2020-07-09 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Bought this coach used in January 2016. This is 7th coach I've owned since 1997 and second Newmar. Outstanding unit. Phone help from Newmar for the few questions we had has been outstanding. Selling the coach tomorrow and hope the new owners love it as much as we have. Only disappointing thing is I understand Newmar Corp has been bought by another manufacturer, one I've had bad experiences with. If this is true hope they don't allow the Newmar quality go down.
- Rick, Oklahoma

2020-06-16 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3333 View Listings

Nice layout but interior products are not in line with cost. I will buy a Tiffin next time. Main problem us with electric awnings, all cabinet latches, and leather is peeling off seating. Also the frame was welded over the oil drain in the generator which prevented servicing without cutting brace. Can live with everything but the fake leather peeling off. Newmar should just put in cloth seats.
- James, Georgia

2020-06-13 2018 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

My husband and I have been RVing for the past 25 years. We started with a very old 5th wheel and worked out way up through 5 different RV’s before purchasing our beautiful new Newmar Bay Star motorhome. Due to family health issues, we have not had a chance to enjoy our RV as we had hoped which is the reason we are selling. When we did travel we loved the fully automated set up, everything is just a push of a button. We feel right at home with our king size bed and private bedroom. Having entertainment centers (TV) in 4 different locations allows for large game parties or private watching different programs in separate rooms or outside under the awning. The windows throughout the coach are very large allowing plenty of light with an extra large portrait window in the back. We can also darken the coach completely with blackout shades. The fireplace helps create a cozy atmosphere while warming the coach on cold days. The large refrigerator provides plenty of space for a foodie and cook like me. There is plenty of storage throughout the coach both inside and out. The large microwave doubles as a confection oven which bakes bread, muffins and casseroles in record time. The leather furniture is both durable and comfortable with captains chairs that can turn around to face the living area. The couch makes into a bunk bed and the dinette another bed allowing sleeping for 6 comfortably. I love the different types of lighting throughout the coach with reading lights, romantic dimming accent lights and of course bright overhead lights. We occasionally worked while camping and found plenty of electrical outlets and a WIFI booster that helped us stay wired. The bathroom also has plenty of storage and is large enough to move around in easily. The shower has glass doors and is also quite large. I have plenty of room for all my beauty necessities and lighting to help with me with makeup, hair and basic personal hygiene. My husband is the driver in the family and finds this RV easier to maneuver than any of our previous pull behinds and 5th wheels. We purchased a Chevy Equinox as our ‘dingy’ and unless you look at the camera, it is hard to tell you are towing. The turn signals trigger cameras that provide a clear view of the turn lane and the back camera keeps an eye on the dingy and traffic behind. Parking has always been a ‘fun’ time in our family with me directing and my husband trying to follow my lead. With the back up camera on this RV, we are much happier campers while parking. Newmar makes a superb product with even the seemingly insignificant details included. If we find ourselves fortunate enough to own another RV, it will undoubtedly be a Newmar!
- Deborah Gilkey, Georgia

2020-05-17 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3518 View Listings

We loved this RV. We traded in a 27 foot Class A for it. For full-timing this was perfect for us. As neither of us are handy, we wanted something easy to maintain. Gas worked well as it was quite a bit less expensive to maintain than diesel, even though climbing mountains was slower. We chose the Newmar as it was very highly rated in quality. We stayed in many Military RV campgrounds and barely noticed jets flying directly overhead. It stayed cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. I wish the kitchen had more counter space as I love to cook, so that was a sacrifice. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable. Apart from some minor repairs, we've had no problems with this lovely girl. We are sorry to have to sell due to health reasons after only 3 years, and we can't imagine someone loving this RV as much as we do. I think this is a perfect time to sell as less people will want to fly or stay in hotels along the way.
- Edrye Doman, Arizona

2020-03-15 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We had several problems with the electric awning and annoying squeaks. Got thise worked iut after 2 years. Also with the drawer latches breaking (6). But the worst problem was the Dura shield on the front if the coach. It discolored and mildewed within a year. It may be the worst product ever made. I would never buy another motorhome with this on the front. It makes your brand new motorhome look like a garbage truck in less than a year. Much easier to touch up the chips than spend 100 hours or 1200 dollars to remove this horrible product. I would not accept a Newmar from a dealer if it has this on the front. The rest of the rv us perfect.
- Mike, Georgia

2019-10-24 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

We purchased our Newmar 3014 in July 2019 after several years trying to decide on a model that would fit our needs. We had owned a smaller 26' Class A but grew tired of the cramped sleeping arrangements so we decided to upgrade to a 30' class A. We researched several manufactures and decided on the Newmar 3014 after seeing them at various RV shows and after touring the Newmar factory in Indiana. We love the quality of this motorhome, from the exterior paint job to the interior furniture and the superior build quality of the unit. The AC's in this unit are whisper quiet, in our last RV we could barely stand it when the AC was running it was so loud. We like the extra insulation Newmar uses for the floor, walls and ceiling which makes this coach super quiet on the inside. The bedroom has a door for privacy and the bed is very comfy. The bathroom has plenty of room and the shower is also spacious. The full wall slide really opens up the floorspace on this RV. The unit also has Samsung smart TV's and Sony Bluray players for both the living and bedroom. It really is like a condo with its upgraded features and décor. If there is one negative to my review it would be the dash AC system, it does not seem to blow cold enough when traveling on hot summer days. We hope to get this looked at and hopefully it can be adjusted. Newmar RV's are top class. They are not the least expensive, however, you do get your money's worth in my opinion.
- Jeff Taylor, Florida

2019-06-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Newmar makes an excellent quality Class A. You first notice the remarkable full body paint job, then you enter the interior and find it to be more like a small condo than an RV. The craftsmanship is first rate throughout. Cabinetry is residential quality rather than RV/camper quality in most competing units. All spaces are well utilized. Excellent factory support! Love this motorhome.
- Mike Dzurko, California

2019-05-19 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3215 View Listings

I graduated from tents to pop up, to tag-along,to 5th wheel, and finally a motor home. We purchased with the intent of traveling at retirement. Honestly, at this point, I have no confidence in the reliability of this motor home or the components it’s made from. While most defects were eventually fixed, it was a real struggle to get Newmar step up to honor their obligations for a “quality product “. My problems started within 12 miles of driving it off the lot when the galley window shade fell out going down the road. I bought this unit new in May 2015, it went it the shop December 2015 and stayed until May 2016. Dealership is 280 mile round trip. I made one unnecessary trip during that time when I was told it was ready only to get there and found out the punch list was partially completed. The explanation was Newmar would not warranty the remainder of the punch list. Items addressed included; 2 storage doors replaced, most of the door assist lifts worked on, awning wind sensor replaced, 8 floor tiles replaced,galley window shade replaced, kitchen drawer closer replaced, roof screws resealed ( they were rusty, but that was not addressed!) and the leveling jacks had to be adjusted,they would not retract fully. They day I got it home, the relay for the bedroom slide failed. Within 3 weeks, the forward ac/hp failed and had to be replaced. Since then, the generator had the coils replaced with only maintenance hours ( maybe 7 or 8) on it. And just this week, as I was ready to pull out for a trip, the windshield power shade failed in the down position. And after arriving at my destination I find my windshield has popped out. While I’m glad others are having a good experience with their purchases, this has been a very disappointing and frustrating experience for me.
- Marc Culler, South Carolina

2019-04-13 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Feels more like a small condo than an RV. The quality and workmanship is 1st rate. We love the comfort and "feel" of the interior. The full wall slide gives us a lot of room and helps really open the interior up. The factory warranty support in the first year was top notch, Newmar cares about their customers. I'd highly recommend a Newmar coach to anyone who values real quality.
- Michael Dzurko, California

2019-01-15 2010 Newmar Bay Star 3202 View Listings

This Rv has an awesome setup for the whole family, delivers great cooling throughout all rooms, best heat and hot water and a great space for shower. Fast cooking fridge and nice even towing. Great family unit for 4 or 5 with room for a friend or guest.
- sean moore, Illinois

2018-12-23 2010 Newmar Bay Star 3202 View Listings

We took this motorhome on a cross country trip and had a blast. No one hiccup in the six weeks we were on the road. It handles well on the interstate and on secondary roads . We have never had a single mechanical issue of any kind. I loved being able to take nap or grab a snack from the kitchen or use the rest room without stopping while some else drove. I must say it was more comfortable than any other travel I have used including cars, airplanes, boats and trains. We stopped when we wanted and kept going when we didn't. Whether hooked up to services or stopping in an unserviced area, we never had to give up any comforts. It has served us as temporary housing when one or both of us is working out of town and has been extra room for guests when its parked in our yard. I am as comfortable in it as I am my own home. We have never had a reason to contact support or use the warranty so 5 star is my best guess.
- Gloria Clark, North Carolina

2018-12-02 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

An absolutely beautiful, well-built coach. This motorhome is very stable to drive, extremely comfortable, well appointed and very well insulated. More than enough storage space. Quality construction and finishes throughout. By far the best RV we have every owned!
- Jeff, California

Verified Owner

2018-10-29 2007 Newmar Bay Star 2701 View Listings

This Newmar drives like my Lincoln - really smooth and comfortable. The engine and drive train is consistent and runs like a Rolex - road handling and breaking is exactly like driving a car - no issues. The refrig/freezer work excellent and keeps the beer COLD; the oven makes great biscuits! My wife enjoys that the shower is roomy and the bathroom is separate and private. She even had plenty of closet and drawer space. The Audio Video systems is excellent with speakers surrounding the front as well as the back bedroom. The double sink and counter top area are enhanced with the use of the drop down extension. It is very well insulated so it makes for a very quiet ride down the highway. The new HVAC is very quiet, efficient and works like a champ! All of the bugs are gone and this buggy is ready for the road.
- Doc Gregory, Georgia

2018-10-19 2011 Newmar Bay Star 2901 View Listings

The Baystar 2901 has been an incredible RV to own. With a layout that has stood the test of time and a manufacturer known for its high-quality build and customer service, it has been a true pleasure to own. I will miss this motorhome if it sells!!
- Richard, Tennessee