Newmar Bay Star RVs Reviews (19)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Newmar Bay Star RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mike from Georgia says:

Have you owned any Newmar Bay Star RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Newmar Bay Star 3215 View Listings

Good design and layout. Great finishing work and designed to live in and be very comfortable. It is easy to drive and pull our Honda CRV. Quality good, but have rear AC/HP that vibrates and must turn off at nite, shower door is not square in frame, front passenger seat needs to be replaced, outside compartments did not close well and needed adjustment. One of the house batteries has failed in less that 6 months. These are warranty issues to be fixed soon. Newmar customer support has been excellent. Overall very pleased with our Newmar and highly recommend.
- Mike, Georgia

2019-10-24 2020 Newmar Bay Star 3014 View Listings

We purchased our Newmar 3014 in July 2019 after several years trying to decide on a model that would fit our needs. We had owned a smaller 26' Class A but grew tired of the cramped sleeping arrangements so we decided to upgrade to a 30' class A. We researched several manufactures and decided on the Newmar 3014 after seeing them at various RV shows and after touring the Newmar factory in Indiana. We love the quality of this motorhome, from the exterior paint job to the interior furniture and the superior build quality of the unit. The AC's in this unit are whisper quiet, in our last RV we could barely stand it when the AC was running it was so loud. We like the extra insulation Newmar uses for the floor, walls and ceiling which makes this coach super quiet on the inside. The bedroom has a door for privacy and the bed is very comfy. The bathroom has plenty of room and the shower is also spacious. The full wall slide really opens up the floorspace on this RV. The unit also has Samsung smart TV's and Sony Bluray players for both the living and bedroom. It really is like a condo with its upgraded features and décor. If there is one negative to my review it would be the dash AC system, it does not seem to blow cold enough when traveling on hot summer days. We hope to get this looked at and hopefully it can be adjusted. Newmar RV's are top class. They are not the least expensive, however, you do get your money's worth in my opinion.
- Jeff Taylor, Florida

2019-06-06 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Newmar makes an excellent quality Class A. You first notice the remarkable full body paint job, then you enter the interior and find it to be more like a small condo than an RV. The craftsmanship is first rate throughout. Cabinetry is residential quality rather than RV/camper quality in most competing units. All spaces are well utilized. Excellent factory support! Love this motorhome.
- Mike Dzurko, California

2019-05-19 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3215 View Listings

I graduated from tents to pop up, to tag-along,to 5th wheel, and finally a motor home. We purchased with the intent of traveling at retirement. Honestly, at this point, I have no confidence in the reliability of this motor home or the components it’s made from. While most defects were eventually fixed, it was a real struggle to get Newmar step up to honor their obligations for a “quality product “. My problems started within 12 miles of driving it off the lot when the galley window shade fell out going down the road. I bought this unit new in May 2015, it went it the shop December 2015 and stayed until May 2016. Dealership is 280 mile round trip. I made one unnecessary trip during that time when I was told it was ready only to get there and found out the punch list was partially completed. The explanation was Newmar would not warranty the remainder of the punch list. Items addressed included; 2 storage doors replaced, most of the door assist lifts worked on, awning wind sensor replaced, 8 floor tiles replaced,galley window shade replaced, kitchen drawer closer replaced, roof screws resealed ( they were rusty, but that was not addressed!) and the leveling jacks had to be adjusted,they would not retract fully. They day I got it home, the relay for the bedroom slide failed. Within 3 weeks, the forward ac/hp failed and had to be replaced. Since then, the generator had the coils replaced with only maintenance hours ( maybe 7 or 8) on it. And just this week, as I was ready to pull out for a trip, the windshield power shade failed in the down position. And after arriving at my destination I find my windshield has popped out. While I’m glad others are having a good experience with their purchases, this has been a very disappointing and frustrating experience for me.
- Marc Culler, South Carolina

2019-04-13 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Feels more like a small condo than an RV. The quality and workmanship is 1st rate. We love the comfort and "feel" of the interior. The full wall slide gives us a lot of room and helps really open the interior up. The factory warranty support in the first year was top notch, Newmar cares about their customers. I'd highly recommend a Newmar coach to anyone who values real quality.
- Michael Dzurko, California

2019-01-15 2010 Newmar Bay Star 3202 View Listings

This Rv has an awesome setup for the whole family, delivers great cooling throughout all rooms, best heat and hot water and a great space for shower. Fast cooking fridge and nice even towing. Great family unit for 4 or 5 with room for a friend or guest.
- sean moore, Illinois

2018-12-23 2010 Newmar Bay Star 3202 View Listings

We took this motorhome on a cross country trip and had a blast. No one hiccup in the six weeks we were on the road. It handles well on the interstate and on secondary roads . We have never had a single mechanical issue of any kind. I loved being able to take nap or grab a snack from the kitchen or use the rest room without stopping while some else drove. I must say it was more comfortable than any other travel I have used including cars, airplanes, boats and trains. We stopped when we wanted and kept going when we didn't. Whether hooked up to services or stopping in an unserviced area, we never had to give up any comforts. It has served us as temporary housing when one or both of us is working out of town and has been extra room for guests when its parked in our yard. I am as comfortable in it as I am my own home. We have never had a reason to contact support or use the warranty so 5 star is my best guess.
- Gloria Clark, North Carolina

2018-12-02 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3124 View Listings

An absolutely beautiful, well-built coach. This motorhome is very stable to drive, extremely comfortable, well appointed and very well insulated. More than enough storage space. Quality construction and finishes throughout. By far the best RV we have every owned!
- Jeff, California

Verified Owner

2018-10-29 2007 Newmar Bay Star 2701 View Listings

This Newmar drives like my Lincoln - really smooth and comfortable. The engine and drive train is consistent and runs like a Rolex - road handling and breaking is exactly like driving a car - no issues. The refrig/freezer work excellent and keeps the beer COLD; the oven makes great biscuits! My wife enjoys that the shower is roomy and the bathroom is separate and private. She even had plenty of closet and drawer space. The Audio Video systems is excellent with speakers surrounding the front as well as the back bedroom. The double sink and counter top area are enhanced with the use of the drop down extension. It is very well insulated so it makes for a very quiet ride down the highway. The new HVAC is very quiet, efficient and works like a champ! All of the bugs are gone and this buggy is ready for the road.
- Doc Gregory, Georgia

2018-10-19 2011 Newmar Bay Star 2901 View Listings

The Baystar 2901 has been an incredible RV to own. With a layout that has stood the test of time and a manufacturer known for its high-quality build and customer service, it has been a true pleasure to own. I will miss this motorhome if it sells!!
- Richard, Tennessee

2018-07-08 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Appreciate quality of design and build. Especially cabinets, and 4 season insulation. It is great to be able to call Newmar for support. Tows small car without even noticing. Floorplan super for 2 people, for example tv is across from couch. Less adaptable to 4 or more people, not having area to sit around and see each other.
- Steve Andersen, New York

2018-04-24 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We love the floor plan and when we were shopping this was the only manufacturer that offered it. Now several manufacturers offer a similar floor plan. We love the king bed, sofa and bathroom layout. This model also had the largest freshwater, black and gray tank capacity of any in it's class at the time we bought.. Driving and towing is fine. It's not a Ferrari or luxury car so you shouldn't expect it to ride nor handle like it's one. We also found in our research and shopping that Newmar is top quality among RV manufacturers. That being said I only gave 4 stars because I think all RV manufacturers could do a better job on overall quality. Newmar was great in honoring their warranty.. Only give 3 stars for warranty because it's only a one year warranty.
- James Saunders, Indiana

2018-04-04 2014 Newmar Bay Star 2903 View Listings

This RV needs 2 ac units. One is not enough to cool it during even warm weather with just 1 ac. Just found out that the chassis warranty starts when Newmar purchased it from Ford not when I bought from the dealer. Lost 6 months of the warranty. A buyer should be informed of this. Really poor quality control from the factory. Unit has had window leaks, black water valve leak down, wall paper peel,leaky water pipe in bathroom
- Rick, California

2018-03-23 2017 Newmar Bay Star 3403 View Listings

Had a great time traveling with my family, 2 adults and 5 children, enjoyed doing a tour of america. i enjoyed trading from Michigan to the Mall of America, to Mount Rushmore, to Yellowstone National park, Hollywood CA., to Portland, To AZ. TX, To and back to MI so we did lots of traveling, and enjoyed the Motorhome for 4 weeks.
- daniela gherasim, Michigan

2017-10-09 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3215 View Listings

I purchased this Bay Star 3215 approximately 1 year ago. First of all having owned 4 other RV's I have experience with dealing with the dealers and the manufacturers. Some dealers are great to work with and many are not so great to work with when you are having some issues. As for Newmar, well I have never been treated by an RV manufacturer the Newmar has treated me. Their customer service is simply amazing. And I bought this MH used with 2800 miles on it. I did not get much assist on a number of features on this MH from the owner as he had died. So I called Newmar with questions and needing a few small repair items. You don't talk to a voice recorded system at Newmar you get real people who really assist you in solving issues. The quality of their product is tops. Keep in mind that anything that you can live in and also travel down the hwy at 70+ mph will on occasion have an issue but my experience is that the headaches are much less with Newmar quality. I have the experience with other major brands to prove it. I am selling my Bay Star and going to a larger Newmar based strickly on my experience with them and other brands.
- Steven Jeffcoat, Arkansas

2017-06-04 2007 Newmar Bay Star 3201 View Listings

Bought new. We have used it to spend up to 4 months in Arizona or travel up to 60 miles on forestry rds. Camping . Additions are Ultra per program from Brazzels and Koni shocks Davis track bar. Does not tailing until less drive to fast in big wind. Has been leak and trouble free for 10 years 40k miles. Would buy Newmar again.
- Jim, British Columbia

2017-05-16 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3004 View Listings

I love my Baystar. It is a unique floorplan with the full slide on the drivers side a kitchen slide and bedroom slide which is the problem I have had since purchasing it. The bottom goes out but the top does not. Before the controller went out I could push the out switch with the left hand and push the top with the right until it budged and slid out with the bottom. I live in this motorhome full-time and travel most of the year. No time for lengthy repairs. Hoping for the best at the factory.
- M Graves, Florida

2017-03-30 2015 Newmar Bay Star 3404 View Listings

Bought it new and was misled by the salesman that told us it would "BE GREAT" for "dry camping" WRONG, the elect. system will not run the refrigerator for more than a few hours without the generator running. Several small things like the shower doors falling apart the first trip, slide rollers ruined the floor, slide seals failing and dumping water on the drivers seat, most of the LED lights in the ceiling failing. The Ford 550 chassis is overloaded badly for a 35'. The torshion bar fell off the frame (a Ford dealer fixed that no questions asked). The Newmar dealers that we have asked to fix several warranty items have been terrible and uncooperative With a list of 15 items they said they would look at 3 and we would have to make another appointment in a few months.
- Drifter, California

2016-05-15 2014 Newmar Bay Star 2903 View Listings

Newmar is one of the premier manufacturers of RVs and this is a quality unit.The floorpan is very functional - if we're on the way we just put the BR slide out, if we're staying for a while we put the big slide out and it double our size. The Ford V-10 is an excellent engine and service is usually close by.
- Louis Goldman, Florida