National RV Reviews on RV Insider (76)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with National RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dave from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 1999 National RV Dolphin 5370 View Listings

Bought this RV local, in 2014, was a one owner RV, with 94000 miles, so I'm 2nd owner. Amazing value for the money! New, was $100,000. What a wonderful RV and tremendous value. Every bit as good as newer RV's but a fraction of the cost. Huge bedroom, big slide out, nice size 2 door refrigerator, beautiful bathroom, big living area. National built a tremendously dependable, easy to drive, easy to use, and easy to maintain RV. Panoramic drivers windows, are remarkable for seeing scenery. Have performed normal services this past year, just put new brakes on it, and oil change, serviced the generator. The rig traveled like a performance champion over miles of freeways and mountains. We literally passed up other travelers on the roads, due to the add on of the Banks system. Generator ran and ran. We went 2 times through the Rocky Mountains this past summer, not a single problem, and are already planning our next vacation.
- Dave, California

2020-07-12 2004 National RV Tropical 350 View Listings

We got our new to us t 350 and less than 24 hrs later, it caught fire and burned up! I would not recommend this brand to anyone. Also, hardly anyone works on the cat motors anymore so, good luck finding someone for service.
- Andrew widick, Tennessee

2020-07-03 2001 National RV Tropical 6332 View Listings

We bought the motor home new. For several years we traveled with our 2 grandchildren. They took turns deciding where to go. Went to Gettsburg, Hershey, toured the cemetery,etc. Then we went to Virginia Beach. The motor home handled mountains easily, We traveled from coast to coast, Did the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains,Red Woods, Black Hills, Glacier National Park with narrow curvy roads up the mountains, handled very well. Then Dale an I traveled a few years, did all of Florida and went back out West. Then decided to stay same place for 3/4 months, we chose LaBelle, FL, Went to that same place for 15 years, had same site each year. Now older an decided to sell, lots of great memories. It's an excellent way to travel, got everything you need, wonderful to make great memories that our grandchildren will always remember.
- Nancy Bloyd, Iowa

2020-06-27 2001 National RV Tropical 6332 View Listings

We traveled with our 2 grandchildren when we first bought our motor home, was gone 3 weeks. They got to choose where they wanted to go, first was Gettisburg,PA,while in the area went to Washington, DC, Hershey,PA and Atlantic Ocean. Over several years went West Over Rockies (handled great in the mountains), Redwoods, Grand Canyon. spent time in the Rockies went to Glacier National Park, very narrow an steep winding roads, Motor Home handled GREAT. Have traveled to most of U.S. Last several years went to Florida and parked for 3 months. No problem living in Motor Home bath room door hooks to dining area an makes the back pretty roomy, had TV an Computer on Vanity that was my resting place. Enjoyed our time but now age is catching up and time to sell.
- Dale Bloyd, Iowa

2020-06-11 2004 National RV Tradewinds LTC T370 View Listings

Great coach, solid built, great chassis and drive train . Very nice interior. Comfortable floor plan layout and smaller size adds convenience plus mobility. The workmanship inside and nice cabinets is also higher quality. Worth more than price sold for.
- Joel Lodes, Florida

2020-06-10 1999 National RV Tropical 6350 View Listings

Great RV to travel in, very comfortably and livable. Even though it is 20 yrs old seem to be well built, no rattles like most motorhomes we have had. Fun coach to have guest over and enjoy a few drinks as the bar can accommodate all your favorite beverages. If looking for a couch not to expensive this is the way to go, won’t break your pocket book but still great way to travel in style.
- Pat, Oregon

2020-05-18 2002 National RV Dolphin 5356 View Listings

After being a 'tent-camper' my whole life, including many days in the field as a career Marine, and after a lot of research on RV's, I finally broke down and 'went-big' by purchasing a (barely used) 2002 Dolphin 5356 from the original owner in Riverside, CA, just a few miles from the old (defunct) factory in Perris, CA where these were supposedly built. The rig is extremely clean, seems to be well-built, and is in excellent shape. I got it for what seems to be a steal ($19K). I'm a single dad (one young son still left), and was actually considering a Class C, but this Class A Dolphin popped up and I jumped on it. Seems this Covid crisis has a lot of people jumping into the mix and buying-up RV's! It has the Workhorse chassis with the 8.1L engine and Allison transmission and has only 20,144 miles on it! Of course I'm planning on changing the engine oil, filter, air filter, and transmission filter, along with topping off any fluids. Plus I'll change the oil and filter in the Generac generator, and inspect the water heater(s) and replace anything that needs it (anodes?). I did an initial inspection of the roof, but will be doig a closer inspection and re-sealing anything that needs it. I'll also be doing a bleach and water sanitation of the entire fresh-water system, and installing high-flow water filter. The owner gave me the (suggested) lubrication for the slide-out's so I'll do that too. Any other suggestions are welcome! The white paint and decals are in perfect shape with no fading or cracking. All the tires were replaced not too long before I purchased it, and the seller is including the tire covers. The seller included a lot of extra things in the storage compartments that look as if they were barely used (if at all). He also included all sorts of kitchen utensils etc. that also look like they've never been used. The stove and microwave/convection oven also look like they've never been used as well. There's a new ladder in the basement, and a slightly used Coleman tailgating grill, 2 brand new sleeping bags, 2 new Eddie Bauer camp chairs, and a large outdoor mat for under the awning. The coach has the usual 2 slides, but the kitchen is on the driver's side slide-out next to the sofa, with the table on the right side near the door. I like that configuration with the table nearest the area outside under the awning. Not all is perfect and there are things that actually need fixing; - one of the side pads on one of the table benches needs to be re-attached - one of the small drawers on the bed pedestal is broken - the house batteries both need to be replaced (but has a brand new vehicle battery) - the wipers need to be replaced. The coach was essentially clean on the outside, but the inside needed a minor cleaning of the small amount of dust that has accumulated since it seems it has been sitting in (covered) storage outside. Nonetheless, I'm super excited to join the RV culture, and have even planned to use it locally here at any of the San Diego area beaches that have re-opened (after the Covid thing). It's about 'baby-steps' at this point so I figure everything out and have a routine. I just reserved a spot in one of our favorite campgrounds, Hurkey Creek, near Lake Hemet and Idyllwild, CA. So far I have about 8 people going, including 2 of my adult kids, my young son, a daughter-in-law, and some friends. My intention is to take this Dolphin on a big loop around the West, to include, but not limited to, the following; Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Canyonlands, Yellowstone, and Yosemite (not in any particular order). Let the fun begin!!
- Greg (in North San Diego County), California

2020-02-29 2005 National RV Dolphin 5355 View Listings

The RV is older but is in very good shape. I like the floor plan as it has sliding doors that separate the rooms. It's satellite ready. The hot water unit heats the water very quickly. Rides well, takes hills very easy. Will have a few extras like sheets, cookware, dinnerware. Overall it is a nice, clean, easy care RV.
- Sharon, Arizona

2020-02-24 2007 National RV Dolphin 5342 View Listings

I absolutely loved everything about our National Dolphin. The quality of this rig was top notch, from the chassis to the interior & exterior. It came from the factory with all the bells & whistles and was completely self sufficient. I would highly recommend this Rv to anyone looking for a dependable rig with all the comforts.
- Jamie Goolsby , Ohio

2019-12-10 1998 National RV Dolphin 5330 View Listings

My family of 6 enjoyed this RV for over 15 years. It's still in great shape and functional. The Triton V10 is powerful and responsive. Great for a new family with young children wanting to get into a fully functional RV at low cost.
- Darryl Vidal, California

2019-11-07 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 1341 View Listings

This has been a great RV for us. Above-average build with a good floor plan. Very few issues above standard maintenance. Lots of storage. The best features have been the bathroom vanity, bedroom layout, spacious living area, and good fridge/freezer.
- Micah, North Carolina

2019-10-03 2002 National RV Dolphin LX 6356 View Listings

I loved the space it has and the shower with alot of room.Also the grey,black tanks have alot of volume room.The gas tank is huge too.Bed slides out in the bedroom making alot more room.The closet has alot of hanging space too.Tons of storage inside and out.The micro convection oven is great!The side by side frig freezer has alot of room and the icemaker is nice.I like the counter space with double sink.and the gas stove.The couch makes out to a queen bed and the bedroom bed is also queen.The table makes out to a bed.
- J Broyles, Washington

2019-09-19 2003 National RV Dolphin LX 6355 View Listings

The 2003 National Dolphin is the 5th Class A that I have owned. It is also the most livable and reliable one I have owned. The only reason I am selling is because I have purchased the next step on my path which is a unit in a 55+ place in the south. So now it's time to let go so somebody else can enjoy what I have for the past 4 years. I travel alone and have logged 20k miles. Never have I felt the need to worry about my ride.
- Marcia, Wisconsin

2019-08-30 2002 National RV Dolphin LX 6356 View Listings

This rv is big enough to live in.The couch folds down for a bed,and so does the table.The bedroom bed is a queen.Plenty of above head room throughout.Carpet in frontromm and cockpit and bedroom.Ceramic tile in kitchen and bath area.Pleanty of storage in each room.Many upgrades to the whole coach.Big storage for water and holding tanks for going off the grid for days.added sumo springs for better ride.Also sway bars for better control.Micro convection oven for bake or microwave.New breaks and rear tires,new batteries,newer slide toppers,new starter,custom curtains in front.Never smoked in.The new steps that come out for you when door is opened.clean.
- Joan Broyles, Washington

2019-08-05 2005 National RV Sea Breeze LX 8341 View Listings

Very roomy and clean. Huge basement storage, lots of inside storage as well. Floor plan is the best I've seen, makes it as big as a house when all three slides are out. Bed has night stands on each side with a big storage area underneath. Kitchen has a large microwave/convection oven that works great and a convenient large slide in spice door.
- Vicki Lytle, California

2019-08-02 2004 National RV Tropical T396 View Listings

We have had a National RV for 15 years and our friends have had them also. The Caterpillar Engine, Allison transmission and Freigtliner Chassis are the best on the market. All of the floor plans are better than some of the more expensive models.
- PJ, California

2019-06-23 1997 National RV Tradewinds 7370 View Listings

We've lived in this RV for 2.5 years and loved it! After looking at others, nothing else compared. Layout is spacious and functional. Handled amazingly in our coast to coast trip. Recommend to anyone.
- HD and GW, Georgia

2019-05-21 2001 National RV Dolphin 5350 View Listings

2001 National Dolphin 33' Class A Motorhome. Ford V10 Gasoline Engine. 2 Slide Outs, Patio Awning, Sleeps 6, A/C Unit, Leveling System. Imagine driving off to all of your favorite destinations in this National Dolphin Class A coach. This model offers dual slide outs for extra interior space, plus so much more! Step inside and take a look back at all of the convenient features that would make any journey enjoyable. The kitchen area features everything you need to prepare great meals on the go including a sink, a three burner range with microwave/convection oven, and a refrigerator/freezer. There is also plenty of storage for all of your dry and canned goods. Have a seat at the comfortable dinette, where you can enjoy meals with your family. The living area includes a sofa so you can relax during the daytime, and even take in a little television with surround sound. At night the sofa can transform into sleeping space for family or overnight guests. The master bedroom offers a spacious retreat thanks to the queen size bed. You will find clothing storage, a TV, plus a bit of overhead storage too. Additional Features Include: Plenty of Storage & Cabinets New Batteries & Safety Devices Clean title, no accidents. Runs great and ready to move in or travel cross country!
- Dee, California

2019-02-23 2005 National RV Tropical 398LX View Listings

This is the best built and rugged RV I have been able to travel in, lots of room, laid out very well and all the emenities you can think of. Sleeps 8 with no problem and very comfortable. This would be a great upgrade for a family starting out while staying in their budget.
- Bill Burr, California

2019-01-17 2005 National RV Dolphin 5355 View Listings

After extensive viewing of other makes and models we purchased this Dolphin best on our perception of its quality workmanship and components. We have not been disappointed. It has proved to be built well and was overall reliable. However National RV filed bankruptcy thus putting and end to our warranty.
- SUZANNE BERARD, Rhode Island

Verified Owner

2019-01-16 2006 National RV Tropical T340 View Listings

This is our 11th year in this motorhome and we have absolutely loved it. We have traveled the country and have seen many beautiful sites. It's a solid coach and very well-maintained and looks almost like brand new. The next owner will be very happy to own this particular motorcoach.
- Peter Nasseff , Arizona

2018-12-19 2006 National RV Tropical T340 View Listings

We bought this coach new in 2009 and have used it to travel throughout the US and Canada. It was important for us to not exceed 34 feet because of our desire to camp in the state and national parks. It has been a great coach except for the replacement of the turbo charger which we attribute to the coach sitting at the dealership for three years from 2007 through 2009. It has been well maintained and serviced throughout our ownership. There was no National warranty due to bankruptcy of National in 2008.
- Larry Goeglein, Indiana

2018-11-19 2005 National RV Dolphin LX 6355 View Listings

We have lived in the RV full time for the last two and a half years and it is very comfortable. There is so much storage throughout that u did not lack room for anything. The ride is very smooth. The layout is functional and makes everything accessible.
- M. Leeds, Florida

2018-09-11 2000 National RV Tropical 6350 View Listings

Very well made with one piece fiberglass roof, solid maple cabinet doors and drawer, corion counter tops. Unit is well insulated, has a lot of basement storage that usually is not found on gas model coaches. Drives and rides well. Pulls and handles my wrangler toad well. Overall well pleased with this unit.
- Lou, Florida

2018-09-05 2001 National RV Marlin 370 View Listings

Love the color helps to reflect heat. Has tons of closet and cabinet space. Largest propane tank I have ever seen on an rv.loots of counter and prep space in the kitchen. Large shower with tub and beautiful frosted glass enclosure on shower.
- Susan, Texas