National RV

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with National RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dave from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 1999 National RV Dolphin 5370 View Listings

Bought this RV local, in 2014, was a one owner RV, with 94000 miles, so I'm 2nd owner. Amazing value for the money! New, was $100,000. What a wonderful RV and tremendous value. Every bit as good as newer RV's but a fraction of the cost. Huge bedroom, big slide out, nice size 2 door refrigerator, beautiful bathroom, big living area. National built a tremendously dependable, easy to drive, easy to use, and easy to maintain RV. Panoramic drivers windows, are remarkable for seeing scenery. Have performed normal services this past year, just put new brakes on it, and oil change, serviced the generator. The rig traveled like a performance champion over miles of freeways and mountains. We literally passed up other travelers on the roads, due to the add on of the Banks system. Generator ran and ran. We went 2 times through the Rocky Mountains this past summer, not a single problem, and are already planning our next vacation.
- Dave, California

2021-09-29 2003 National RV Dolphin LX 6355 View Listings

Its a wonderful Motor Home, no noise, full relaxing. Quality built with no doubt. Maintenance is just like regular truck. Nothing expenses if you know what your doing. I highly recommend this Motor home who are new buyers
- Zubair Shamim, Pennsylvania

2021-07-14 2006 National RV Sea Breeze 1350 View Listings

This is the top of the line gas class a in the 2003-2008 range. Quality - is perfection. Steel frame and sub-flooring. Nothing is light weight and there is no particle board in this motorhome. Cabinets are solid wood. Fiberglass gel coat is top quality. Engine is more than qualified to power this rig.
- Bob Haliwell, California

2021-07-11 1997 National RV Tropical View Listings

Best quality material and interior design for the interiors.very good floorplan and space. The only issue is the insulation missing in fron and rear of the coach from the heat. Windows are large and prime view from inside
- Alessandro Donna, California

2021-07-04 2005 National RV Dolphin LX 6376 View Listings

Purchased new. Used for family trips to Nascar events. Served my family well, Kids grown gets little use. Have kept in metal storage building. Have had serviced regularly. Removed jacknife sofa and replaced with pullout sleeper sofa. Rv has been great replaced waterpump and alternator a couple of years ago due to lack of use. Rv is in great shape. Does have one scratch about 8" on driver side towards rear of cab up high occured on first trip at a gas station. The only other issue is the front driver and passenger side windows need to be resealed and have a quote from Suncoast Designers for $1,179 tax they are located in Hudson Fl.
- Blake Lunde, Florida

2021-05-22 2005 National RV Dolphin LX 5342 View Listings

Owned two of them one with only one slide.Alot of room Very solid with real wood and the best options Best buy on the market for an older Motorhome. Great for towing and lots of storage with the workhorse chassis.
- bruce Cox, Utah

2021-05-11 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8375 View Listings

Its been lots of fun just getting to old tows very nice plenty of power allison trans works great new ac units low start and running amps nice time at desert with it we were at lake or dsert all year long
- stephen kirkwood, Arizona

2021-05-07 2003 National RV Palisades F341 View Listings

Comfortable, roomy, upscale,solid and ready for the road or parked for a period to live in during this pandemic period of our lives.Much cheaper that renting and now it's ready for the road. I have seen the country in my RV and it's ready for you.
- Phil Beesley, California

2021-05-04 2006 National RV Tropical LX 391LX View Listings

Very roomy. Plenty of power. Best room for the money. Really enjoy this rv. Looked at a lot of motorhomes prior to purchasing one. We found that this motorhome had the best bang for the buck. Solid chassis and very comfortable.
- Greg, California

2021-04-25 2003 National RV Palisades F341 View Listings

I have traveled the whole country in my fifth wheel. I have visited 48 states and now planning to see the world by other modes of traveling. Don't wait but make sure you plan on buying a rig the has a LOT of storage.
- Phil Beesley, California

2021-03-21 2004 National RV Dolphin View Listings

Used several times for trips in the west and north west. Always have good luck and an enjoyable time with this motorhome. Lots of power and smooth driving on every trip. Big generater and lots of storage.
- Steve, Arizona

2021-03-21 2002 National RV Dolphin 5342 View Listings

This was an awesome RV. We purchased it in 2008, so it was only 6 years old at the time. QUALITY! Too bad National went under. We've been hard pressed to find any newer model RVs with the amenities that this 2002 offered.
- San Jose, California

2021-03-03 2003 National RV Dolphin 6342LX View Listings

We've traveled in this RV for at least 12 years. We went north with it during the summer and traveling all over the place. My husband kept this motorhome in very good condition. When we were coming back from a long trip he would have it at the shop and have them do a tuneup on it. We have travel long distance with this rig many times. Never had major problems. I enjoyed the space in this motorhome and it was our 2nd home. Due to sickness now we have to let it go with a lot of regrets. You could still get a lot of miles with this rig and it is very clean/
- Jeannette Ormsby, Florida

2021-02-01 2001 National RV Sea Breeze LX 8360 View Listings

Has been a great RV and drives like a dream. I have had other motorhomes that you could not keep on road but this National RV is the best for any kind of conditions! The floor plan is great with a walk through bathroom and has a very relaxing interior set up that makes everything very accesable !
- Denis Langlois, New York

2021-01-19 1997 National RV Dolphin 536S View Listings

I had them come out to look at my furnace had no power to it they came out the tech person they have look all through the camper looking for my coverter they didn't now that a inverter/charger is my coverter so they let me a bill for $375 and furnace still don't work $150hr for tech that doesn't no anything
- Steve burt, Minnesota

2020-11-30 2005 National RV Sea Breeze 1311 View Listings

This RV is very roomy and comfortable inside. I feel the outside appearance is very nice. You can easily access the bathroom when slideouts are in. It is amazing how much storage space is in this rv. We would definitely keep this motorhome if we could, but need the money for some personal issues. Also, if you drive this carefully and not too fast, it gets really good gas mileage for a motorhome and the engine purrs so nicely. Also, I like the roomy arrangement of the kitchen. It makes access to stove, countertops, fridge and sink very convenient.
- Patricia Taylor, California

2020-09-22 2003 National RV Dolphin LX 6320LX View Listings

The 8.1 Workhorse engine combined with the Allison tranny is a winner. This gas engine rates at the top for motorhome performance and fuel economy. National motorhomes are well known for their quality and Dolphin LX is the top of line for the National Motorhome gassers. Nice floor plan w/ upscale cabinets and furniture. Workhorse W22 chassis rides very well. After I had a steering stabilizer installed the Workhorse handles great. The Dolphin has many features found on expensive coaches such as the fiber glass roof. I highly recommend the Dolphin.
- Tov61, New Mexico

2020-09-03 2004 National RV Sea Breeze LX 8321LX View Listings

This is a wonderful, fun and easy to drive RV. I completed a 4,700 mile trip from Tucson to the Upper peninsula of Michigan this past July and the RV performed flawlessly. It is very livable and comfortable as I lived in it for 2 years prior. Willing to negotiate on price as I have purchased a new home.
- Gregory Williams, Arizona

2020-08-29 1996 National RV Sea Breeze 131 View Listings

I presently have a 37 ft National Tropical, 1999. I usually work on my own things and would give my RV an 8 out of 10 rating and enjoy learning all about them! I change all my oils and lubes, rehab almost all the interior things myself.
- Nathan, Tennessee

2020-08-19 2004 National RV Sea Breeze LX 8341 View Listings

We wanted something that I could drive I am the wife we had a fifth wheel toy hauler but I couldn’t or wouldn’t drive it. I love going to the beach on weekends with my friends we’re trying to save his between class and class he found this one owner seabreeze my husband liked it because of the quality the engine. You can tell the difference in the quality of the cabinets even the vehicle itself even compared to brand new RV’s. We were going to buy unless I could drive it so I did the test drive surprised that I drove a 35 foot I have since taken it on lease for a beach weekend trips by myself with the girls we did state coach one year just loved it love you huge bathroom and shower in separate toilet area. The only thing it really needs the TVs to be upgraded to new TVs it was a one owner so we like that still have all the original paperwork and books it was kept in a garage you can tell by the exterior paint job and condition window treatments are brand new so does the upholstery.
- Donna Whyel, California

2020-08-03 2003 National RV Dolphin LX 6355 View Listings

Great RV built using high grade parts. Looks and handles great. Only problem national is out of bussiness. Parts can still be found. It is a shame because they are a great rv!!! I would recommend this rv to anyone..I wish they would come back. Proud owner 2003 Seabreeze..
- Harvey , New Jersey

2020-07-17 2001 National RV Islander 9400 View Listings

Very well made using Country Coach chassis, Cummins ISC and Allison transmission. Interior all high end cabinets, leather seating good appliances and bath tub with in closure. Has washer/dryer, 2 A/C rooftop units, propane furnace and Oman diesel generator. Very comfortable on Highway with plenty of power for mountains. Very comfortable living area with three TVs, stereo system, TV antenna, Dish network antenna power awning, LED lighting and a 18 bottle wine cooler.
- Robert Hunter, North Carolina

2020-07-12 2004 National RV Tropical 350 View Listings

We got our new to us t 350 and less than 24 hrs later, it caught fire and burned up! I would not recommend this brand to anyone. Also, hardly anyone works on the cat motors anymore so, good luck finding someone for service.
- Andrew widick, Tennessee

2020-07-03 2001 National RV Tropical 6332 View Listings

We bought the motor home new. For several years we traveled with our 2 grandchildren. They took turns deciding where to go. Went to Gettsburg, Hershey, toured the cemetery,etc. Then we went to Virginia Beach. The motor home handled mountains easily, We traveled from coast to coast, Did the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains,Red Woods, Black Hills, Glacier National Park with narrow curvy roads up the mountains, handled very well. Then Dale an I traveled a few years, did all of Florida and went back out West. Then decided to stay same place for 3/4 months, we chose LaBelle, FL, Went to that same place for 15 years, had same site each year. Now older an decided to sell, lots of great memories. It's an excellent way to travel, got everything you need, wonderful to make great memories that our grandchildren will always remember.
- Nancy Bloyd, Iowa

2020-06-27 2001 National RV Tropical 6332 View Listings

We traveled with our 2 grandchildren when we first bought our motor home, was gone 3 weeks. They got to choose where they wanted to go, first was Gettisburg,PA,while in the area went to Washington, DC, Hershey,PA and Atlantic Ocean. Over several years went West Over Rockies (handled great in the mountains), Redwoods, Grand Canyon. spent time in the Rockies went to Glacier National Park, very narrow an steep winding roads, Motor Home handled GREAT. Have traveled to most of U.S. Last several years went to Florida and parked for 3 months. No problem living in Motor Home bath room door hooks to dining area an makes the back pretty roomy, had TV an Computer on Vanity that was my resting place. Enjoyed our time but now age is catching up and time to sell.
- Dale Bloyd, Iowa