Livin Lite RVs Reviews (22)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Livin Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Dennis Runkle from Indiana says:

Have you owned any Livin Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 6.8 View Listings

My wife and I purchase the Livin Lite 6.8 to put on a 2017 Ford f-250 truck. The Livin Lite 6.8 is one of the lightest truck campers on the market and the color of the camper looked great on our truck. We soon found out that the Livin Lite company is very hard to work with. We have a defective window that leaks and because there are limited dealers, Livin Lite will not work with a trusted dealer in our area. We purchased the camper in West Virginia from a dealer who no longer handles the Livin Lite brand. Having purchased the camper in the spring of 2017, we assumed that any obvious defects would be covered. The window started leaking in the first 60 days of ownership. The lack of interest in Livin Lite taking care of the problem as the constant clean up of water soaking our mattress is getting old. I will start letting anyone considering a Living Lite product know that you are on your own if you need help. Only purchase if you get a great price.
- Dennis Runkle, Indiana

2019-10-12 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 9.2 View Listings

I'm impressed with the quality and the price. It has a lot of room in it for a short bed truck camper. One thing I really like about it is it has no wood in. That means it will not. It also has a one piece aluminum metal roof. Should last for years. Has lots of storage and equipped like higher end campers. I am very pleased with my camper. Would recommend to anyone wanting a long lasting camper.
- Robert Frost, Virginia

2019-09-24 2015 Livin Lite Quicksilver VRV 8.5X24 View Listings

The ramp door is rated to hold over 2000 lbs. Our motorcycle weighs 600. The ramp is now failing. Why? Because we just learned it’s constructed of wood. WOOD. And due to moisture over the years, it has become spongey and will have to be replaced. “No wood, no rot”?? It’s a lie.
- Brenda Brady, Oregon

2019-08-12 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 9.2 View Listings

We bought our camper only a year ago and it's been a nightmare. The outside lights never worked, the charging station/electrical outlet never worked, the interior is buckled and wavy and falling apart, and it was leaking propane from the factory! Shoddy workmanship and they could care less about the customer. It's under two year warranty (worthless) so they sent me to their local dealer who charged me out of pocket (because I didn't buy it from them) and they didn't fix anything! Then livin lite told me to go back to them again! They won't even send me the part so I can get it fixed elsewhere. I've paid out of pocket for replacement propane lines because they dry rotted out, same with the fan covers, and they won't reimburse me anything. They said they ordered me a propane regulator (the one they installed at the factory was leaking because they stripped the connection at the factory) but then reneged and said take it to a dealer. Take your business elsewhere!
- TonyC, Pennsylvania

2019-07-28 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 21RBS View Listings

I lived in this camper for five months by myself. It met all of my needs. I was recovering from mold toxicity and needed to be out of my home. My husband came when he was not working but I was 6- 7 hours away. This camper is great for two or even three people. It would be crowded with four adults. Two adults and two children would be the maximum for comfort. We chose this camper because we were told it was one of the best in construction to avoid mold. I used a small dehumidifier at all times. I limited steam and showered mostly out of the camper to avoid dampness. I never used the furnace as a small electric heater worked well for comfort. This camper was made before the Livin lite brand was bought out by Thor. It was one of the last models to be made by the original company which used quality in construction. I feel that it is a superior camper.
- Betty Ryan, Indiana

2019-07-15 2017 Livin Lite Camplite 16DBS View Listings

Bought my Camplite 16DBS from a local dealer who's been since out of business. Took several short trips just to break in the trailer and everything was fine. Then took the trailer to Idaho to view the total solar eclipse and started hearing grinding noise from brakes. Contact dealer and said they will schedule an inspection. Never heard from them again for months while the trailer sits through the winter. Took several short trips since and notice the trailer has no braking at all. Finally decided to change out the brakes myself. To my shock, the brakes were installed left on right and right on left. Due to the improper factory installed brakes, the drum was worn down to bare metal in less then 7000 miles of used. Looking to get compensation from the factory or legal action to recover the cost of the brakes. Very unhappy the fact that braking is so much part of safety and livin lite would screw up such a simple job. I would post photos of the brakes if I can to show how the drums were worn due to the improper installation.
- Calvin, California

2019-03-02 2015 Livin Lite Quicksilver VRV 8.5x30 View Listings

First of all our camper we bought fits all of our needs. It pulls good Just a great all around durable camper. Until The siding started to come off. In 2016, Its was put on with double sided tape. Now keep in mind we paid $32000.00 for a camper that we liked at the end of 2015 with a 3 yr workmanship warranty. In the meantime KZ bought Livin Lite. So I started the process in 2016 With everyone In Customer Service at KZ when they would answer the phone or emails. After getting an estimate from a local RV Repair shop as they asked (KZ is 1200 miles away from me) for 7700.00 dollars. KZ Customer service decide to come get it in March 2017.After a week and several phone calls I finally got Customer Service Rep to see if they had gotten my camper. After 5 1/2 months in their repair shop and was promised 2 months. Still no one answers the phone or emails in Customer Service after they know you have a problem. So I called Thor Industries(which owns KZ) they put me in touch with the VP of KZ nice guy. After he got involved in the repair I just knew things where looking up. Was I wrong!To Cut it short. It came back worst than before it had left. They replace all the siding on Left side 4sheets on Right new decals on Left side and the decals on right side are green and gray suppose to match left side which is all gray. It was deliver back with the front moldings flapping in the wind scuffed up the sides and the new siding It was already loose from the stud walls which affects the sutural integrity. So I call The VP and he said he would make it good. Go ahead and take delivery of it. well we still can't use it, still making payments and its still in the yard. So I have a choice Lawyers or Repairs can't afford both. Its a shame that multi million dollar companies get your hard earned money and just don't care. All I ever asked to repair our camper back so we could enjoy it. Just Beware!!Do your research before buying any rv or anything Check Reviews and Believe what you READ.
- Larry, Alabama

2018-11-28 2011 Livin Lite Quicksilver 8.0 View Listings

Light, timeless due to its aluminum materials, and comfortable. This is a great trailer. We have enjoyed towing this all over the West. Take your family to the national parks, sleeping comfortably out of the weather and up off the ground.
- Peter Frederich, California

2018-02-07 2018 Livin Lite Camplite 11FK View Listings

After owning three vintage Airstreams I was ready for a new RV where everything worked without needing extensive repairs or replacements. I discovered CampLite, wow, what an amazing product! It's all aluminum construction-including the chassis-makes it stand out. These trailers are very well built. With so many poorly built products in the RV industry, CampLite's stand out as a special and unique product. Even Airstreams have a steel chassis and a wood base floor. Airstream chassis are notorious for rusting and their floors are notorious for rotting. CampLites have no wood or steel. If you want a quality trailer that will last for decades, buy one of these! I love the floorplan, and the finishes. A great product.
- Jim Breitinger, Utah

2018-01-11 2016 Livin Lite Axxess 8.5x22 View Listings

There is a glaring design flaw in that the awning support bar goes right over the window, rendering the window useless unless the awning is extended and scratching the window due to vibration during traveling. Customer service readily agreed it was a design flaw, but refused to do anything about it. On first trip, during a rainstorm, everything inside got wet. When I called customer service, they gave me some song and dance about changing production facilities and maybe a few units slipped through without caulking between wheel wells and floor, where was quality control?, and authorized me to get it repaired and they would reimburse me. We were in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota, the nearest rv service shop was a long drive away, and they were booked for the next two weeks. But I found a mobile service unit that would meet me in the nearest town, and they did a satisfactory repair. However, when I submitted the bill to Livin Lite they would only pay the repair bill, not the service call charge. I guess I was supposed to hang out for two weeks and go to the in houseervice center? Sheesh. Other than a number of minor issues, such as flickering and dysfunctional lights, cutting in and out radio, pieces falling off the stove top, which the local dealer took care of, I would say that quality control and customer service for Livin Lite to be substandard.
- Jon Miller, Wisconsin

2017-12-27 2015 Livin Lite Camplite 13QBB View Listings

The design and durability, weight, configuration the best & made to last. Minimalist style make its small size seem much larger. No problem for a couple people, 1 child. Did use for 3 with Awning and Ad a Room. Everything you need in one small but well designed package.
- Bill & Mary Anne Forgues, Florida

2017-05-24 2015 Livin Lite Quicksilver VRV 8.5X24 View Listings

It's the biggest piece of garbage I ever saw everything is the cheapest quality in it that you can buy besides the refrigerator everything from roof vents the nuts and bolts I never saw such cheap stuff save your money do not buy one. overpriced polished turd
- T.y, Pennsylvania

2017-04-01 2015 Livin Lite Livin Lite 8.5x24 View Listings

Amazing toy hauler!! Super light, easy to tow with smaller vehicle. Lots of space, beds are super super comfortable. Bathroom is tall and large. Floorplan is open and easy to maneuver with 6 grown adults. Definitely recommend this trailer!!!!!
- Jeanette Schuhmacher, Nevada

2017-03-25 2015 Livin Lite Livin Lite 13QB View Listings

All aluminum, lightweight features the best made. Unique in every way. Very comfortable and contains everything needed to camp on or off grid. We lived in this tiny house of 13 ft. for 2 months. Easily sleeps 3 adults with sleeper couch or 2 adults, 2 children. Highly recommend. Not our first camper~
- Mary anne Forgues, Florida

2017-01-18 2013 Livin Lite Camplite 16DBS View Listings

Without a doubt this is the best built travel trailer on the market given the quality of construction w/regards to strength,appliances, materials & weight. You will no longer experience any "white knuckle" driving for uphill climbs, headwinds or wind resistance because of weight, maneuvering, lack of storage or conveniences. A must-have for extra livability is Dometic's 3-season patio room that triples the sq. footage for and extra outdoor room free from the elements & privacy in tight camping conditions. I think that sums it up!
- BluGillMan, Indiana

2016-12-06 2015 Livin Lite Camplite 21RBS View Listings

We are proud owners of this unique trailer. We bought it because 1) it is made of aluminum and composite with NO WOOD TO ROT! , 2) a one piece all aluminum roof, 3) we LOVED the aluminum/composite full piano hinge cabinet doors. We had to have dual axel, we liked the storage space so much we named her the " Palace ". It tows like it's not there. I installed an Andersen w/d hitch because folks on our LL forum were saying good things about them. It seems to make it even better to tow. We compare it to other trailers out there, and even an Airstream has wood in the substrate and is heavier and MUCH more expensive! Folks who own Livin Lite, love Livin Lite!! Add us to that list.
- Glenn Beinfest, Arizona

2016-07-19 2013 Livin Lite VRV 8.5x22 View Listings

Super light, easy to pull. Super easy to maintain, as it does not rust or corrode. With the fold out beds, it leave the camper with a lot of room after unloading your toys. We have fit 3 full dresser motorcycles in there easily.
- Michael Moeller, Missouri

2016-07-16 2012 Livin Lite Camplite 16DB View Listings

I am a widow, 64 yrs old and when I retired, 2 years ago, I wanted to travel. I own a 2012 Ford Edge with a 3500# towing capacity so I searched high and low for a trailer light enough to pull and found the Camplite. That first trip turned into 11k miles, from the Midwest to the Atlantic, to the Pacific and back to the Midwest. She towed like a dream...and still does. There is not one place that I would hesitate to take her. This was my best investment of a lifetime. I'm only sorry that there aren't more dealers carrying them. I think the company was swallowed up by a larger one...no doubt to eliminate he competition.
- Debra, Nebraska

2016-05-17 2015 Livin Lite Axxess 8.5x26 View Listings

I would highly recommend this RV all aluminum, tows great.spacious, excellent condition.50 amp service with surge protector.Two led flat screen tvs,cd/am/fm stereo outside speakers.sleeps 8,Just bought last yr Like brand new.
- walton Giles, New York

2015-06-25 2013 Livin Lite Quicksilver 10 View Listings

Pro No material to worry about water damage beside cover and bed padding. Easy to care for & easy to set up. No cable or other system to break during opening/ closing on typical pop-up camper. Con Location of A/C on floor doesn't cool camper much. I reofit by using portable A/C instead.
- Gregory Utley, Texas

2015-06-23 2014 Livin Lite Camplite 16DBS View Listings

We love this little trailer. It tows like a dream with our Tacoma. It is so nice to have all the space we need inside, including a slide out, for just under 3000 pounds. We get 50% better mileage now, compared to our old 21 foot Class C motorhome. The trailer really always does smell clean and we like that the unit is not going to rot or rust. People stop to ask about the unit in campgrounds . Two curious ladies were even given the "grand tour". We would buy this trailer again in a heartbeat .
- A Pickel, Alberta

2015-04-10 2012 Livin Lite Camplite 16BHB View Listings

Our CampLite 16BHB has been bulletproof. The trailer is all that Scott Tuttle and the Livin' Lite team promised when we purchased it. Moreover, the personal service from the factory with minor after-purchase fixes was first rate (can't review service since Thor acquisition, since we have not needed additional help). The trailer always smells fresh and clean — no wood, no fiberglass, no rot, no musty smells. It's easy to clean and maintain. We have towed it with a Toyota Highlander (3,500 pound limit) and a 4Runner (5,000 pound limit). The trailer towed well behind both SUVs. We found the tip-out to be a wonderful feature, although we had not originally looked for a CampLite with the tip-out bunk. The all-aluminum side opens to create a "screened room." The bunk is adequate for a child or two; tight for adults. But the tip-out adds so much light and storage space we could never give it up. Highest possible endorsement. If we were not moving up to a Class A, we would keep this trailer for years and years longer.
- Richard Peck, South Carolina