Livin Lite Camplite Reviews on RV Insider (16)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Livin Lite Camplite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dennis Runkle from Indiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 6.8 View Listings

My wife and I purchase the Livin Lite 6.8 to put on a 2017 Ford f-250 truck. The Livin Lite 6.8 is one of the lightest truck campers on the market and the color of the camper looked great on our truck. We soon found out that the Livin Lite company is very hard to work with. We have a defective window that leaks and because there are limited dealers, Livin Lite will not work with a trusted dealer in our area. We purchased the camper in West Virginia from a dealer who no longer handles the Livin Lite brand. Having purchased the camper in the spring of 2017, we assumed that any obvious defects would be covered. The window started leaking in the first 60 days of ownership. The lack of interest in Livin Lite taking care of the problem as the constant clean up of water soaking our mattress is getting old. I will start letting anyone considering a Living Lite product know that you are on your own if you need help. Only purchase if you get a great price.
- Dennis Runkle, Indiana

2020-08-27 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 21RBS View Listings

AMAZING!! Built to last. We own a 2016 21RBS. After 4 years of full time travel the floor and cabinets still looks like new. Everything in it is so sturdy and the best of quality. the cattle grade floor is very sturdy and can hold capacity load of 2650lbs!! And you dont have to worry if you accidentally over flow your sink because there is no wood to rot. The windows are huge and fully extend. We pull it easy with a Toyota Sequoia. We have had no problems at all. Our last trailer was a New Retro by Riverside, it had an unknown leak and the floor rotted and fell in, 2 months after our warrantee expired! No more wood floor, no more rotting frames. All aluminum!! Azdell walls wont rot, mold or warp. BUY ONE or you will pay more in the long run fixing the junk that is for sale. dont worry about the fact that they no longer make them. You can always find replacement parts all across America.
- Kelly capitini , Arizona

2020-08-26 2014 Livin Lite Camplite 21BHS View Listings

We just sold our Livin' Lite. I will tell you we have enjoyed it. We researched several brands, toured the LL factory, and kept coming back to the brand because of the quality of the build while Scott Tuttle was involved. Rather than dealing with lipstick on a pig of a rig that could fall apart before the note was payed off, we appreciated good bones. We had fully intended to keep this trailer forever. Our adult son and daughter did not embrace camping how we had hoped, having both families, with grand kids, join us on occasion. We decided to go down to a 14 foot RV of another quality build company. Had LL still been building under Tuttle specifications in 2020+, we would have purchased a smaller Camplite after selling the 21BHS. If you are interested in a Livin Lite brand, I would recommend looking at 2015 and earlier, before Thor took over completely, watered down the quality and hid it under glam and glitz. We have good memories in this trailer and do not regret having a Livin' Lite as our first RV.
- Sonja, Kansas

2020-07-14 2014 Livin Lite Camplite 21RBS View Listings

We've owned this camper for 5+ years now and love it. prior to this camper we had owned 5 other campers including 2 Airstreams. This one beats them all as far as overall usability, aging, and appearance.
- Gary Rinehart, Kansas

2020-06-07 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 21RBS View Listings

We own a 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 21rbs. We traveled from Arizona to Iowa to purchase, well worth the trip. I paid $23,000 in 2016 and they are now selling for $29,995 to $35,000 depending on where you live. We have not had any manufactured problems. It is incredibly sturdy do to the cattle grade floor. when walking, The floor doesn't give a centimeter! Even after 4 years full time travel the floor vinyl looks new. everything in it is VERY well made, excellent quality! Except the bathroom sink. Very minor issues for A full-time, 4 yr treck, and still going strong. Bathroom sink is plastic so it needed to be replaced (after 3 yrs)stained easily. we tow very easily with a Toyota Sequoia and usually our cargo weight is approximately 1,200 lb. It has almost 3000 pounds of cargo capacity which is unheard of in most travel trailers. One big Failing is the paint is oxidized after 2 years of travel they could have done a better job on the paint but other than that I would highly recommend it. if we buy another travel trailer we will not ever buy anything but a Camplite Livin Lite travel trailer as we've had BAD experiences with other brands. do yourself a favor, get one the first time around. otherwise the other brands, poorly made, wooden floor , will crack, mold and your floor is going to fall out and you'll have to buy something else anyway. there is no wood in the Camplite Livin Life only be facing on the cabinet your floor will never rot rust or fall out and your walls will not enrolled because of the Azdell. The only bad thing is there's no warranty anymore because they stopped making them it doesn't matter cuz you won't need it!
- helpinglyme, New Mexico

2019-10-12 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 9.2 View Listings

I'm impressed with the quality and the price. It has a lot of room in it for a short bed truck camper. One thing I really like about it is it has no wood in. That means it will not. It also has a one piece aluminum metal roof. Should last for years. Has lots of storage and equipped like higher end campers. I am very pleased with my camper. Would recommend to anyone wanting a long lasting camper.
- Robert Frost, Virginia

2019-08-12 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 9.2 View Listings

We bought our camper only a year ago and it's been a nightmare. The outside lights never worked, the charging station/electrical outlet never worked, the interior is buckled and wavy and falling apart, and it was leaking propane from the factory! Shoddy workmanship and they could care less about the customer. It's under two year warranty (worthless) so they sent me to their local dealer who charged me out of pocket (because I didn't buy it from them) and they didn't fix anything! Then livin lite told me to go back to them again! They won't even send me the part so I can get it fixed elsewhere. I've paid out of pocket for replacement propane lines because they dry rotted out, same with the fan covers, and they won't reimburse me anything. They said they ordered me a propane regulator (the one they installed at the factory was leaking because they stripped the connection at the factory) but then reneged and said take it to a dealer. Take your business elsewhere!
- TonyC, Pennsylvania

2019-07-28 2016 Livin Lite Camplite 21RBS View Listings

I lived in this camper for five months by myself. It met all of my needs. I was recovering from mold toxicity and needed to be out of my home. My husband came when he was not working but I was 6- 7 hours away. This camper is great for two or even three people. It would be crowded with four adults. Two adults and two children would be the maximum for comfort. We chose this camper because we were told it was one of the best in construction to avoid mold. I used a small dehumidifier at all times. I limited steam and showered mostly out of the camper to avoid dampness. I never used the furnace as a small electric heater worked well for comfort. This camper was made before the Livin lite brand was bought out by Thor. It was one of the last models to be made by the original company which used quality in construction. I feel that it is a superior camper.
- Betty Ryan, Indiana

2019-07-15 2017 Livin Lite Camplite 16DBS View Listings

Bought my Camplite 16DBS from a local dealer who's been since out of business. Took several short trips just to break in the trailer and everything was fine. Then took the trailer to Idaho to view the total solar eclipse and started hearing grinding noise from brakes. Contact dealer and said they will schedule an inspection. Never heard from them again for months while the trailer sits through the winter. Took several short trips since and notice the trailer has no braking at all. Finally decided to change out the brakes myself. To my shock, the brakes were installed left on right and right on left. Due to the improper factory installed brakes, the drum was worn down to bare metal in less then 7000 miles of used. Looking to get compensation from the factory or legal action to recover the cost of the brakes. Very unhappy the fact that braking is so much part of safety and livin lite would screw up such a simple job. I would post photos of the brakes if I can to show how the drums were worn due to the improper installation.
- Calvin, California

2018-02-07 2018 Livin Lite Camplite 11FK View Listings

After owning three vintage Airstreams I was ready for a new RV where everything worked without needing extensive repairs or replacements. I discovered CampLite, wow, what an amazing product! It's all aluminum construction-including the chassis-makes it stand out. These trailers are very well built. With so many poorly built products in the RV industry, CampLite's stand out as a special and unique product. Even Airstreams have a steel chassis and a wood base floor. Airstream chassis are notorious for rusting and their floors are notorious for rotting. CampLites have no wood or steel. If you want a quality trailer that will last for decades, buy one of these! I love the floorplan, and the finishes. A great product.
- Jim Breitinger, Utah

2017-12-27 2015 Livin Lite Camplite 13QBB View Listings

The design and durability, weight, configuration the best & made to last. Minimalist style make its small size seem much larger. No problem for a couple people, 1 child. Did use for 3 with Awning and Ad a Room. Everything you need in one small but well designed package.
- Bill & Mary Anne Forgues, Florida

2017-01-18 2013 Livin Lite Camplite 16DBS View Listings

Without a doubt this is the best built travel trailer on the market given the quality of construction w/regards to strength,appliances, materials & weight. You will no longer experience any "white knuckle" driving for uphill climbs, headwinds or wind resistance because of weight, maneuvering, lack of storage or conveniences. A must-have for extra livability is Dometic's 3-season patio room that triples the sq. footage for and extra outdoor room free from the elements & privacy in tight camping conditions. I think that sums it up!
- BluGillMan, Indiana

2016-12-06 2015 Livin Lite Camplite 21RBS View Listings

We are proud owners of this unique trailer. We bought it because 1) it is made of aluminum and composite with NO WOOD TO ROT! , 2) a one piece all aluminum roof, 3) we LOVED the aluminum/composite full piano hinge cabinet doors. We had to have dual axel, we liked the storage space so much we named her the " Palace ". It tows like it's not there. I installed an Andersen w/d hitch because folks on our LL forum were saying good things about them. It seems to make it even better to tow. We compare it to other trailers out there, and even an Airstream has wood in the substrate and is heavier and MUCH more expensive! Folks who own Livin Lite, love Livin Lite!! Add us to that list.
- Glenn Beinfest, Arizona

2016-07-16 2012 Livin Lite Camplite 16DB View Listings

I am a widow, 64 yrs old and when I retired, 2 years ago, I wanted to travel. I own a 2012 Ford Edge with a 3500# towing capacity so I searched high and low for a trailer light enough to pull and found the Camplite. That first trip turned into 11k miles, from the Midwest to the Atlantic, to the Pacific and back to the Midwest. She towed like a dream...and still does. There is not one place that I would hesitate to take her. This was my best investment of a lifetime. I'm only sorry that there aren't more dealers carrying them. I think the company was swallowed up by a larger one...no doubt to eliminate he competition.
- Debra, Nebraska

2015-06-23 2014 Livin Lite Camplite 16DBS View Listings

We love this little trailer. It tows like a dream with our Tacoma. It is so nice to have all the space we need inside, including a slide out, for just under 3000 pounds. We get 50% better mileage now, compared to our old 21 foot Class C motorhome. The trailer really always does smell clean and we like that the unit is not going to rot or rust. People stop to ask about the unit in campgrounds . Two curious ladies were even given the "grand tour". We would buy this trailer again in a heartbeat .
- A Pickel, Alberta

2015-04-10 2012 Livin Lite Camplite 16BHB View Listings

Our CampLite 16BHB has been bulletproof. The trailer is all that Scott Tuttle and the Livin' Lite team promised when we purchased it. Moreover, the personal service from the factory with minor after-purchase fixes was first rate (can't review service since Thor acquisition, since we have not needed additional help). The trailer always smells fresh and clean — no wood, no fiberglass, no rot, no musty smells. It's easy to clean and maintain. We have towed it with a Toyota Highlander (3,500 pound limit) and a 4Runner (5,000 pound limit). The trailer towed well behind both SUVs. We found the tip-out to be a wonderful feature, although we had not originally looked for a CampLite with the tip-out bunk. The all-aluminum side opens to create a "screened room." The bunk is adequate for a child or two; tight for adults. But the tip-out adds so much light and storage space we could never give it up. Highest possible endorsement. If we were not moving up to a Class A, we would keep this trailer for years and years longer.
- Richard Peck, South Carolina