Lance Truck Camper Reviews on RV Insider (43)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance Truck Camper RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paul from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Lance Lance 865 View Listings

I live in my lance camper for 10 months now. Overall, fairly happy, but dealing with multiple leaks. Camper leaks from bulk head when hot water is on. Bulk head sometimes leaks after a shower. Bathroom vent leaks in the rain. Real bad leak when driving in the rain. I made a temp cover for that. Interior workmanship and materials a little shotty. When you live in one of these things, you find things out real quick. The Artic Fox seemed like a higher quality camper.
- Paul, California

2020-10-25 2018 Lance Longbed 1062 View Listings

This is the most versatile Camper you can own. It can fit in a parking space along a street in a big city or you can 4x4 into a very remote place in the mountains. It has all of the amenities of a large motor home yet the footprint of a camper van. Four adults can move around comfortably and relax after a day of skiing playing cards and there is plenty of water for showers and living life. This is the best camper one could ever own.
- Aaron Rodolph, Wyoming

2020-09-17 2011 Lance Longbed 950S View Listings

This is the one and only truck camper I have owned. Prior to this rig, I owned 3 travel trailers...like most owners each one bigger and better than the previous. The Lance camper is by far the best built and most reliable. I had one electrical issue...trailer lights. This ended up being an issue with my truck fuse box combined with the plug extension on the super truss receiver extension. The only knock I have is that the generator is not large enough to run the microwave and air conditioner at the same time. This is minor as my previous 3 had the same issue until I upgraded and ran two Honda EU Generators simultaneously. It is of the age when all the vents should be changed. That was on my list for the upcoming year, but I won't be able to get that done prior to selling. I had the power jacks and the electrical system gone though prior to listing by PC Mechanical in Santa Maria. This camper was used for both horse shows and Motorcycle trips...probably about 15 to 18 times a year. The previous owner had taken it on the Great Alaska Highway...there are stickers on the back. It has seen plenty of desert time as well.
- Derek Hansen, California

2020-08-01 2016 Lance Lance 650 View Listings

Screws keep falling out. After one 3 day trip when I removed the camper from my truck I found 6 screws had fallen out of the base of the camper. After only five trips the screws to the bathroom door all fell out leaving the door on the floor. Gas mode on refrigerator does not work. Battery only lasted one year. Kitchen window fails to stay open. This was not a cheap purchase, for what this unit cost it should have been something of quality instead of junk. Really poor workmanship and quality control.
- alan novey, Utah

2020-07-09 2018 Lance Lance 1172 View Listings

I bought my camper off of Princess Craft RV. First my midi heki skylight dome broke made by dometic. I found out dometic quit making them so I have to purchase a new complete midi heki instead of just a dome. Now I had a Atwood Jack go out and I found out they are no longer made so instead of bearings I have to purchase a new jack. Princess Craft RV wold me a extended warranty that won’t cover the Jack only the parts that I can’t get and since the repair person has to make two trips to take the Jack off and another trip to put the Jack on than its 3 times the cost of my deductible. Lance should have to cover these jacks and Princess Craft should pay the labor. Mastertech extended warranty needs to go out of business.
- Ricky Wilhelm, Oklahoma

2020-07-03 2017 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

We've owned the Lance 975 for three years, and it is a very solid camper. So much is packed in a small space, which gave us the freedom to go anywhere with all of the same conveniences as a larger rig. Mounted to a 4X4 1-ton, pickup, we were able to slip back in the remote wilderness where no one else could go. Onboard generator and solar power with large holding tanks allowed us to boondock for days at a time. Lance did it right with this model. We love the dry bath and the slideout dinette, which left plenty of room for the kitchen prep area. There is tons of onboard storage from closets and drawers and shelving to the unique pull-out pantry. I would highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for ultimate freedom.
- David Weinberg, Maryland

2020-05-01 2020 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

Bought new. First rains found leaks from 3 skylights. Dealer pulled and resealed. When at home, did water/leak test, found leaks from 2 skylights, one of which was MASSIVE. Pulled trim and ceiling speakers and found a ridiculous amount of black mold growing all around the speaker holes, backs of trim and speakers had standing water and the whole camper smelled like mildew/mold. Also, the styrene foam in the laminated ceiling was wet everywhere I checked. Pretty obvious that with the amount of water and mold (both of which were quite far from the point of the leaks) that this unit was leaking from the time it left the factory floor, and the water was migrating/moving around the whole rear part of the ceiling, within the foam laminate. Company refused to acknowledge the extent of the damage, and insisted that it could be "fixed" with minor remediation. I'm in a very bad "life situation" at the moment, just off a divorce, and moving out of state, so don't have the time, energy, or mental capacity for a protracted legal battle (even though my attorney is pushing me to take it on.....knowing that my case would be solid as granite), so I just donated the camper to a local charity for the tax write off, and am walking away. Maybe I was just the unlucky guy to get the one bad camper of the line????? Seriously doubt that though.
- griffin ordway, California

2020-03-02 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Disappointed to have spent $40,000! We have had nothing but problems! Thankfully before leaving to Fl, my husband happened to ck the air conditioner as the generator kept slamming to a stop when he would start the air conditioner, it just wouldn’t work! It took 6wks to get back from the repair shop, just in time to start our winter trek to Florida... later we found it has one speed, “high” it’s supposed to have two, high and low! Ughhh On the journey (still cold temp out) the furnace wouldn’t stay lit! 🥶 The sky lite over the toilet leaks like a sieve, arranging the shower curtain up and over the bar, is quite an art, trying to steer the drips away from its helpless target, perched on the toilet! We started a list, these are the worst on the list so far. PS... storage is a nightmare. If you put the rack down over the table for storage, you can’t sit at the table, it doesn’t leave rm enough for your shoulders, it should be at least 8” narrower, to be comfortable! At least one of the electric legs refuse to deploy in unison with the others... that’s pretty scary! Gulp! I’ve never bought brand new, always second hand, I just thought, wouldn’t it be nice to not have to fix and repair constantly, like we have done all our lives! Everything brand new, just pack and enjoy? Not! It’s been a nightmare, I wish we had never done it! At least second hand you expect to fix and repair, but new, and a top if the line Lance to boot! Beyond disappointing! My husband has been livid!!! Ugh. On the upside the frig, oven/stove and microwave, tv and stereo system are awesome! But oh the lack of plugins for doing hair, running an appliance on the counter or on the table, way disappointing... who designs these anyway? Surly no one that lives in one longer than a wk end at a time and definitely has no interest in doing anything with their hair other than a rubber band! If we had pd cash for a used one it wouldn’t be such a sore spot, to have to do repairs, but when you have hefty payments and most of the summer will be caught up hauling it 50miles back and forth for repairs (you just know everything won’t be done all at once!) Galls ya a bit! Ugh. I did make a email written complaint, I was told I would be gotten back to.. 1.5 mo. ago! My husband called the repair rv center and they walked him thru one of the major issues... I dread getting back home and having to deal with ALL these issues! Just tying to let potential buyers be ware! Trudi Batt
- Trudi Batt , Michigan

2019-12-15 1990 Lance Longbed 900 View Listings

For one person or a very close couple who love the outdoors and are very active, it’s great for rough terrain trailers won’t work in. The bed is the most comfortable I’ve ever had. The camper is ultra clean. The air conditioner cools the camper in seconds and the heater works perfectly.
- Tom Lindsay, Arizona

2019-12-13 2012 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Ordered mine new from the factory. Have lived in it full time since March 2012. After almost 8 years of experience I can say it's a great unit and built like a tank. I have had a few things go bad; the 'fridge (after 6 years), minor water leak in plumbing,backup camera only worked a few months, and the warranty replacement unit wasn't any better,and the night pull shade cords all broke after about 2 years. Only ONE major issue: The jack and slide (I have 2 slides) system is a piece of junk. Had it in multiple times under warranty and replaced boards, controllers, remotes, but never works when you need it. Have to manually move the slides in or out. Major pain when on the road since you can't even get into camper if the slides are closed. Pros: This thing has a HUGE amount of room inside with both slides open. Awesome wet bath! I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room. Floors and walls have held up well. Cons: It's HEAVY! With all my stuff inside it weighs well over 5000lbs. Make sure your truck is capable. Has very little storage space for such a large unit.
- Dale W, Florida

2019-10-16 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Picked up my new truck camper on October 22, 2019. November 20, 2019 we had torrential rains here in Los Angeles and my camper sprung 3 LARGE leaks...by large they were all three leaking like a very small faucet. I IMMEDIATELY drove to my dealer and he and his crew spent 4 hours fixing the problems. I was told I wouldn't have problems. 45 days later I was in Pismo Beach and torrential rains hit yet again. One of the old leaks that was "fixed" leaked again and I mean like a small faucet had been turned on and a new leak over my bed. Two days later I dumped the truck camper on the dealers lot and I said 'gimme all 35,000 dollars back'. He gave me a song and dance. I then drove to the CEO of Lance Camper in Lancaster, California. I explained my problem and I had a check for 35,000 in two weeks. MY HUGE LEAKS were #1. bathroom vent #2. vent over the kitchennette #3. vent over the bed. NEVER AGAIN LANCE!
- Steve Jacobs, California

2019-09-11 2016 Lance Lance 995 View Listings

I saved all my life to buy a new camper and I thought Lance was one of the top of the line. It started with poor service at the dealer and has become a nightmare ever since. I'll go down the list of things that broke. First the rear left Jack did not work properly took it in twice for repair was told there was nothing wrong with it it's still ratchets and does not work properly to this day next trip out the molding around the stove fell off the molding around the slide out started falling off I took it in for warranty they used in air nailer and left holes in the trim .the awning broke on the slide out the RV lock broke after 2 years and have to be replaced the first time I use the outside shower the lines blew off and sprayed water everywhere in that compartment. After 2 years the decals are falling off. The inside sliding garbage can fell apart and needs to be replaced. One of the window blinds fell apart the shelf above the sink fell off. I've had problems with two or three of the doors not closing properly. The exterior door has never worked right it has to be slammed real hard in order to close. CO2 smoke detector failed after 2 years. The carpet is fraying and starting to come loose in different parts around the slide out in floor the kitchen faucet broke I replaced it twice it had the same problem. The quality control of the Lance camper is definitely subpar they look good but they fall apart fast. I would stay away from Lance until they get a handle on their quality control
- Danny Sullivan, Washington

2019-08-14 2019 Lance Shortbed 865 View Listings

Really great RV. Lots of space. It feels like you have a mini hotel suite! Great additions. I really like the stove option along with the three burners. The sink is deep which is great! I also love the GoPower! solar panel!
- Jessica, California

2019-07-21 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

This is our 4th Lance t.c. The overall quality of Lance truck campers has deteriorated since our first one. After driving it home the first time, we realized the hardware was loose in all cabinets. After tightening the screws we subsequently took it back to the dealer to fix several factory blunders. We then took a 2500 mile trip. Closet doors failed, cabinets would not close, two of the doors fell off as the screws are much too small for the doors' weight. The outdoor shower handle crumbled in my hand and we ultimately had the water heater replaced as there was a faulty weld. At one point I had to take the hardware off the bathroom sliding door as it jammed and could not be open.our second Lance, a 990 took us all the way to Alaska and back without incident. We are selling the Lance as I am tired of making repairs that are a result of poor design and workmanship.
- Tom Gallagher, Vermont

2019-06-12 2003 Lance Longbed 920 View Listings

The lance 920 is very well built and it has a good floor plan. This is the third Lance that we have owned and all of them have served us well. We have used this camper in all types of weather including way-below-freezing weather in Utah and had no problems. Lots of storage areas. After all the years of ownership it still looks near new.
- Jerry Dombroski, Washington

2019-06-06 2004 Lance Lite 915 View Listings

This is the greatest way to travel. Can go places larger units can't even dream of going. Lance is quality plus. Everything stays so solid...no rattles. The solar eliminates all worry of battery capacity.
- Bob, Arizona

2019-06-05 2005 Lance Lance 1161 View Listings

Great camper best quality of any we have had.You have full excess to camper with slide out in. Owned for 6 years and never had a problem with anything. This has been a great unit and would recommend to anyone looking for a TC camper. Great to be able to pull trailer. And the side door is a must for us . Great for easy entry.
- Mark Simecka, Kansas

2019-03-31 2012 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

This is the best four season truck camper on the market...no issues after 6 years of gentle use. Easy to load and maintain with a well thought out floor plan. Great storage for gear and supplies throughout.
- Vince Cherry, North Carolina

2019-03-05 2008 Lance Lance 815 View Listings

I loved my Lance 815 and my family did as well. We took it just about everywhere when we traveled in the summer. These models are easy to manage, affordable to live in, and fun! They seem to use up propane quickly, but that is probably all RV's. We are on our fourth one. Will continue to shop Lance because they are reliable.
- Jan, Colorado

2019-02-26 2014 Lance Lance 1191 View Listings

Excellent quality. Well laid out, open floor plan that creates an uncrowded relaxed environment. Plenty of storage, inside and out. Low maintenance, easy winterization. With solar panel option, there's always ample battery power while off-grid. Easy loading. Solid.
- Jason Bos, Alberta

2019-01-13 2005 Lance Lance 1121 View Listings

Very roomy and comfortable. Big bedroom, nice for changing clothes, making bed. Kitchen and living area is open layout, lots of room for friends and family. The outside range is great for cooking on when it is too hot to cook inside! Outside shower is great for kids and pets. There is an outside hook-up available for a gas BBQ or portable fire for great evening ambience.
- Wendy LeGare, British Columbia

2018-09-08 2016 Lance Lance 650 View Listings

Drove from Spearfish to look at this Lance 650.I was told the salesman was busy with another customer.After at least 45 minutes I got tired of waiting.Would have been nice if it had been unlocked.I could have at least looked inside without a salesman.Very poor way to run a business. Very disappointed!
- Jack Kushman , South Dakota

2018-09-01 1998 Lance Lance 880 View Listings

Lance makes the best truck camper by far. The construction and quality that goes into their units is top rate. It is unbelievable the options and quality they can manage in such a small space, nothing is left out. Solid from the first time you set foot in one. Easy on, easy off your truck with the Electric jacks, so much nicer than towing a rig. I wouldn't buy any other.
- james s darling, Nevada

2018-08-02 2014 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Overall a terrific camper. Quality materials, good resale value. Trusted brand. Great floorplan. Easy to connect and disconnect from truck. Highly recommend Lance campers to anyone. My wife enjoys the time we spend in it as well. All of my friends always compliment us for only it
- Jim, Texas

2018-05-18 1999 Lance Longbed 1010 View Listings

I have really enjoyed the versatility of this model. I would stay overnight on beach, or drop it in a rv park and fish/hunt all day. It allowed me to tow a boat or Atv with the slide in style. It's an older model so a little heavier than current models and it's tight when two or more are getting out of weather. Need to have a 8' bed to carry weight correctly, and an Oman would be awesome for boondocking.
- Frank Santore, Delaware