Lance

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2021-07-23 2018 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

I just purchased a 2018 1685 after many years research into the quality of the Lance trailers. The cost matches the quality rating! My first trip out, the wind caught the front door and swung it backwards into the kitchen window and it shattered. Why would Lance design a kitchen window that pushes outward instead of a sliding window so it cant be reached by the front door. The black tank cap is so far under the trailer, i cant get a grip on it to loosen the cap. Why put it that far under the trailer? The glass decorative lamp shades fell off during transit and shattered. Why not make those out of nonbreakable materials? The electric jack shorted out and quit working. The back skylight is leaking. This is a disaster of a trailer. I come from a Quality Assurance background and these types of design and reliability issues should not happen.
- Sheila A. Skaggs, Colorado

2021-07-22 2011 Lance Lance 825 View Listings

The Lance 825 is a perfect three-season camper for short-box trucks. The convertible bunk in this model is a perfect option for traveling with children. The quality and layout of Lance campers is evident.
- Derek Anderson, Michigan

2021-07-20 2015 Lance Lance 1050S View Listings

I owned this model for 4 years and LOVED it. The extra counter opposite of stove is a great coffee bar area. The dry bath is wonderful. I have owned 3 "longbed" Lance campers. I also enjoyed the rear kitchen model. I am looking at 9'6" models now with different truck. I drove 3 states on 4 different trips, multiple short camping weekends, concert, car races, and even a wedding. This sleeps 5 comfortable, 2 adults and 3 smaller children and/or 4 adults. Boondocking and or boating/side-by-side weekends were perfect. Highly recommend a 1 ton srw minimum best would be a 1 ton dually and Air bags.
- Kimberly Z, Washington

2021-07-09 2020 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

Hello everyone! A lot of people are complaining about the lack of workmanship on their Lance trailer and the lack of customer service when it comes to warranty work being done on their trailer. If your trailer has been in a repair shop for more than 3 or more times and you've been without your trailer for a lengthy time, you want to consider suing the manufacturer! Now, the Lemon Law does not apply to trailers but "Consumer Protection Law" does! You are protected under "Consumer law" when manufactures are not standing behind their product and servicing them the way they should. What you want to do is contact a local attorney who practices "Consumer law" and talk to them about your case. The next step is mailing a certified USPS letter to the manufacturer its called a "Last Chance to fix my trailer" letter. In this letter you want to tell the manufacturer you are giving them one more opportunity to fix your trailer. In that letter you'll need to list your requests and then list "ALL" the things that have happened to your trailer, be very explicit and do not leave out anything and then wait for a response from the company. This certified letter will allow you to move forward in your suit and the courts require it or your case will be dropped. The courts what you to give the company every opportunity to fix the problem so its imperative you send this letter. If your case is won you may be able eligible to get your money back or get a new replacement and have your attorney fees paid. We need to start standing up to these companies because we work hard for our money and we don't deserve to be treated this way as customers!
- John Lopez, Colorado

2021-07-04 2019 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

We bought a 2019, and are now just past our warranty. Lance tried to cut us off before our warranty was even over. That being said, in the 2 years we've owned this camper we've had: leaking from both the skylights,a metal plate fall from underneath the fridge relating to the furnace, a broken water pump, the microwave come out from the trim when I took I70 across the state, leaking from the back ends when I hooked up to city water, and outside storage locks that jam/won't open. Lance wants a little to do with us and only helps by sending recalled parts (FLIMSY skylight replacement). We bought this camper because we figured we'd have quality. Nope. So terribly disappointed with Lance. For now, we're going to live with what we have, look to getting rid of this camper and buy from Outdoors RV.
- Erin Dowd, Colorado

2021-06-27 2020 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

This travel trailer has been the worst I have ever purchased. 9 months old and taken out maybe 6 times. Problem after problem. Outside door hinges snapped, skylight leaks, pocket door won't stay on the track, awning strut broke, shelves missing pins, speakers crack and pop from day one, cable lines apparently reversed cause satellite is park and park is satellite, and stove knob broke off. There is no way any quality control was done from factory. I will never own another Lance after this experience.
- Denise Sferrella, Virginia

2021-06-24 2019 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Very dissapointed in the workmanship of this "quality" trailer. The water supply can loose on the toilet. The front cooktop burner fell off. The cooktop cover fell off. the Panel under the dining area came off on the last drive home and has ruined the beautiful floor. Slide out doesen't work well have to reset frequently. etc. Just some of the challenges. Not happy. Had a Big Foot trailer for 15 years with minimal issues. very dissapointing to pay so much for such a poor quality trailer.
- Paul Rice, Montana

2021-06-22 2020 Lance Lance 2465 View Listings

Exceeded my expectations in every way. Layout is excellent, windows everywhere, front window superb. Furniture highest quality and fabrics rugged. Floor excellent. Lighting ideal. Storage quite large. Entertainment systems easy to use and excellent quality. Oven nice. Countertops high end with perfect fit. No wasted space. Gotta see this unit to believe what I say. Nothing has be broken. No issues in 18 months. Have had many brands, and none come close. The bedroom better than any class A or 5th wheel I have owned. Gotta lay on the king mattress to bed nderstand. Windows in bedroom are big and well positioned.
- Charles Tennant, North Carolina

2021-06-13 2008 Lance Longbed 992 View Listings

We owned a Lance 992 for 12 years and used it for long road trips in the Summer, and for a few years we used it in the Winter for snow skiing. It's very well insulated and has been virtually trouble free. I did have to replace the circuit board for the 3 way fridge, but that's all that failed. Having a large solar panel allowed us to dry camp 3 or 4 days in a row and not be dependent on RV parks.
- Brad McCracken, Washington

2021-06-13 2019 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

This RV is easy to heat and cool due to it being a "all seasons rv". I like how the roof top solar keeps the batteries charged. The dry bath is exceptional with a seperate shower, large vanity and a large cabinet. the large frig/freezer is very nice. Loads of storage areas includina a large basement storage drawer. The windows have very nive screen or shade for daytime and night time privacy. This RV gets a lot of attention from onlookers in the campgrounds and for good reason.
- Hugh M Hamilton, Georgia

2021-06-09 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

I bought my 2015 955 truck camper spring of 2017.First problem was basically all door and cabinet slides hinges latches Ect. had to be replaced or repaired to small of screws holding them in place or just not quality for the application. Then the slide out problems started showing up. The Seal on the bottom rolled up into a ball under the pull out slides and jammed the slide half in half out. The remote for the jacks and slide is the worst remote I have ever seen to change the batterie (is a not always available) you must take 4 vary small screws out after two times the screws are striped and will not remove. Now after just 4 years of use ( 6-8 times per year on weekends) the frame around the slide out is cracked. This causes the slide out to drop 4 to 6 inches and jams in the out position. So far I have tried to contact Lance with no return phone call or e-mail. Estimated cost of repair from local repair shop 2 - 5 grand
- Darren Kroells, Minnesota

2021-06-04 2019 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

I have owned 3 truck campers over the years. All have been made by Lance. The 975 has the back door, dry bath, large frig/freezer, All Seasons camper. I like it better than the model 1172 and it is not as heavy.
- Hugh M Hamilton, Georgia

2021-05-25 2020 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Do not buy Lance Travel Trailers! Quality is poor, price is high, and support is abysmal. Bought a brand new 2020 Lance 1995. Slide out didn’t work was later recalled. Stove had gas leak, was later recalled (still not fixed). A/C never worked (had independent technician fix unsupported by warranty). Worst investment we’ve ever made.
- Rebecca Mehringer, Oregon

2021-05-24 2016 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Excellent quality. Made in California. One of the best travel trailers in the market. Easy towing. Total comfort, first class interior. Large capacity with 1 slide out. 45 gallon fresh water and waste water tanks. 4 season rating.
- Robert Strell, British Columbia

2021-05-04 2020 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

Parkview is good at sales but don’t expect a very good service. They had my RV for 6 months and they are not will to do anything for me except said they would clean it , check for gas leaks, and drain the antifreeze. No apology or anything else. Blame Lance due to Covid-19 but lance was open the whole time. I called Lance to find out. This was a brand new trailer. The first time I picked it up it was dirty. That should have given me a fed flag. I would never recommend this dealer to anyone. When I asked to talk to the manager they said they would call never did. They are good at not telling the true
- Fred Walters, Pennsylvania

2021-04-08 2018 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

Good small travel trailer. Better quality than most brands. Easy to pull with a 1/2 ton V8 truck. Very well insulated and cooled. Larger tank sizes than comparable size travel trailers. Space saving murphy bed.
- Brian, Alabama

2021-04-01 2021 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We went camping for the first time with our new Lance 1685, and in the first two weeks, I've never had more problems than any product I've ever bought in my life. I've had to reset the heater at least 10 times, with cold nights before I read the manual and called the dealer to find where the reset switch is inside a panel. The cable TV does not get the park cable service, only the antenna, but get park cable after I rewired it through the satellite coaxial cable, which means the splitter is probably hooked up wrong. The hot water heater worked right at first but does not work now at all no on gas or electric, and resetting the whole power system does not help. Dealer had me check everything, no hot water. It's more like Fix-It-Again-Tony FIAT than Lance, poor quality. Dealer says to call Lance regarding the warranty. I'm so disappointed.
- Robert Taylor, California

2021-03-28 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

This is our second Lance. We are in the process of upgrading to a model 2465. We are very happy with are campers. They are lite weight and are easy to pull. The electric jacks make it very easy to set up. The interior is very functional. The details are beautifully made. Like anything today you get what you pay for the quality shows! There is also plenty of storage inside and outside. The queen bed is great! We added a pillow top it's very comfortable and there is plenty of space around to walk. The camper is a 4-season which keeps all the holding tanks from freezing when you go camping late season a great feature. The bottom of the camper is all sealed you won't get any critters nesting for the winter either! The other thing that I liked is the material that it is made of will not rot or mildew like some other campers on the market today That is why my wife and I love our lance. If you want quality this is a great camper to own!
- Bill Milette, Connecticut

2021-03-26 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

This is my wife and I 2nd Lance.We upgraded to a model 1985 we bought it brand new. We went from a single axle model 1575 to a dual axle. This tows better and is easier to back up. This model also has the largest bathroom and closet space for storage. The other reason is the 4-season package it is well insulated for colder weather. The bed is a queen we added a pillow top it made a big difference very comfortable for sleeping. We only used it in the summer two or three times a year it a great camper very comfortable easy to set up. We don't smoke. We are retired kids all grown up. The reason we are selling we are upgrading again to a newer model lance that we ordered it will be in early summer can't wait. Lance makes a beautiful and very functional camper well worth it!
- Bill Milette, Connecticut

2021-03-07 2020 Lance Lance 2445 View Listings

The Lance is rock solid and has great back bones. We pulled it 17k miles across the country and really enjoyed it. It still feels new and is very safe. We would buy a Lance again. Our kids enjoy the oversized bunkbeds a lot.
- Marc, South Carolina

2021-02-25 2019 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Our Lance 1575 has been with the dealer for warranty repairs more than we’ve owned it. Premium brand, premium price, lousy quality and lousy service. Our four season camper has become a no season camper. If there was a lemon law for campers we would exercise that option and get rid of it. Sky light leak lead to roof problems, stove top burners fell apart, power awning was installed incorrectly, big ass fan fell apart. Kitchen faucet broke on first trip, outside shower had poor water pressure, refrigerator had loose wiring. Enough already. Going on 4 months in the shop and have no idea when repairs will be done. Look elsewhere.
- Andy Williams, Colorado

2021-02-19 2021 Lance Lance 2185 View Listings

we bought this trailer to tow behind our full sized SUV with the hitch weight weight of 755# would have been just fine. after we took delivery found the hitch weight to be 1100#! this company is hiding real weight because at 1100# they would never sell any of this model. They are very hard to communicate with and cant get any warranty parts for a broken crankout window mech. they must be going under soon. met other Lance owners who are also frustrated with after sale help.
- louis howard, Florida

2021-02-16 2020 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Bought a 2020 1575. We liked four things the floor plan that expands to fit 4 people, the use of Azdel (I hated the smell of Luon in my old RV), it is a 4 season camper and the light weight of the unit BUT we have had nothing but problems. ALL 4 roof vents leak (1 badly enough that we aren't able to use our trailer), the frame around slide out popped off, the awning motor was dead when we got it, the slide stopped working on fay 1 and we needed someone to come fix it as it was stuck open, the door strut broke after just 3 days of using it, the heater/hotwater heater malfunctions, and cabinet doors have ripped right out with minimal use. The fuacet had to be changed im bathroom and there was a broken pipe fitting on the kitchen sink, and the faucet leaks. Did I mention that we bought this new at the end of 2020. My Forest River Patriot NEVER had problems like this and they were always easy repairs. Yeah its great to tow and really fits my family well but what good is a TT that doesn't work? Leaking roofs and broken slides render TT unusable, we can live with a broken appliance and have had no issue in repairing our old RV but these leaks/slide problems are coming from what I think is the result of improper installation and/or warped and broken frames.
- Lal, Wisconsin

2021-02-09 2019 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Overall we are pleased with the Lance camper. The storage space is great, inside and out. The tank sizes have worked out great. The front window started to leak. We feel that the inside gasket was installed improperly. We reached out to the company, but there was no acknowledgement of that being a possibility. The gasket ends meet at the top of the window and that doesn't make sense. So, of course, it is out of warranty now, so we are paying for the gaskets and thankfully we can do the repairs ourselves. Also the power jack, we didn't know that the plastic cover on top of controls would be so flimsy that in just two years, disintegrate, and contacting the manufacturer, you cannot get a replacement piece of plastic, that would probably cost about $1.00, you would have to replace the entire jack. That makes no sense.
- Lisa Evans, North Carolina