Lance Reviews on RV Insider (91)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2020-06-22 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

We love everything about this travel trailer!! We are only selling because we are moving! We have created some beautiful memories with this trailer, and can’t wait for our next adventure! Lance is the BEST!!
- Dino Gerosolimo, California

2020-06-02 2020 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

Although Lance finishes are excellent this unit has turned out to be a disappointment. It was delivered with a misfit bathroom door and holes in one of the shades which never was fixed . When I turned the speakers up there was a terrible buzzing. I unmounted one to see if it could be replaced and a bunch of construction debris fell out. All 6 needed to be unmounted and cleaned. Next, when showering I noticed water was leaking out under the unit. They had failed to put sealant between the walls and the basin so I needed to do that. Also I had to seal the sinks so water couldn't seep between them and the counter. And lastly, if they are still offering only the Carefree armless awning I would strongly consider buying a different trailer. The awning is not sturdy and the bluetooth wind sensor is a joke. Mine has never worked properly despite multiple battery replacements and sensor replacements. Carefree customer service is not responsive and I've given up on this thing ever working properly. On top of that the awning mounts began to rust after only 6 months.
- Harold Jesser, Florida

2020-05-20 2013 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

After MUCH research we decided Lance and Airstream are equal in quality and design. Our research included talking with owners of mNy kinds and going in them. We bought a Lance and drove 200 miles home with no problems. They are tough built.
- Frank Ingels, Florida

2020-05-01 2020 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

Bought new. First rains found leaks from 3 skylights. Dealer pulled and resealed. When at home, did water/leak test, found leaks from 2 skylights, one of which was MASSIVE. Pulled trim and ceiling speakers and found a ridiculous amount of black mold growing all around the speaker holes, backs of trim and speakers had standing water and the whole camper smelled like mildew/mold. Also, the styrene foam in the laminated ceiling was wet everywhere I checked. Pretty obvious that with the amount of water and mold (both of which were quite far from the point of the leaks) that this unit was leaking from the time it left the factory floor, and the water was migrating/moving around the whole rear part of the ceiling, within the foam laminate. Company refused to acknowledge the extent of the damage, and insisted that it could be "fixed" with minor remediation. I'm in a very bad "life situation" at the moment, just off a divorce, and moving out of state, so don't have the time, energy, or mental capacity for a protracted legal battle (even though my attorney is pushing me to take it on.....knowing that my case would be solid as granite), so I just donated the camper to a local charity for the tax write off, and am walking away. Maybe I was just the unlucky guy to get the one bad camper of the line????? Seriously doubt that though.
- griffin ordway, California

2020-04-13 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

I bought a Lance in November '19. Since then it has leaked propane. I called and a technician came out. Discovered it was our oven slowly leaking. It took them a month to get us a new stove as they argued with Lance and Dometic as to who should foot the bill. 2 weeks ago it started smelling like gas again. Alarms started going off. Meanwhile we are in the middle of the pandemic. Ketelsen says the camper needs to be quarantined 4 days. Sure. HOWEVER, they want me to pay for the hotel room in the meantime. As if its my fault they sold me a piece of propane leaking garbage. I am currently looking up the better business bureau, lawyers, and lemon laws. Ketelsen is that FAKE friend. Great when things are going great. No where to be found when they screw up
- Chris Sargent, Iowa

2020-03-02 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Disappointed to have spent $40,000! We have had nothing but problems! Thankfully before leaving to Fl, my husband happened to ck the air conditioner as the generator kept slamming to a stop when he would start the air conditioner, it just wouldn’t work! It took 6wks to get back from the repair shop, just in time to start our winter trek to Florida... later we found it has one speed, “high” it’s supposed to have two, high and low! Ughhh On the journey (still cold temp out) the furnace wouldn’t stay lit! 🥶 The sky lite over the toilet leaks like a sieve, arranging the shower curtain up and over the bar, is quite an art, trying to steer the drips away from its helpless target, perched on the toilet! We started a list, these are the worst on the list so far. PS... storage is a nightmare. If you put the rack down over the table for storage, you can’t sit at the table, it doesn’t leave rm enough for your shoulders, it should be at least 8” narrower, to be comfortable! At least one of the electric legs refuse to deploy in unison with the others... that’s pretty scary! Gulp! I’ve never bought brand new, always second hand, I just thought, wouldn’t it be nice to not have to fix and repair constantly, like we have done all our lives! Everything brand new, just pack and enjoy? Not! It’s been a nightmare, I wish we had never done it! At least second hand you expect to fix and repair, but new, and a top if the line Lance to boot! Beyond disappointing! My husband has been livid!!! Ugh. On the upside the frig, oven/stove and microwave, tv and stereo system are awesome! But oh the lack of plugins for doing hair, running an appliance on the counter or on the table, way disappointing... who designs these anyway? Surly no one that lives in one longer than a wk end at a time and definitely has no interest in doing anything with their hair other than a rubber band! If we had pd cash for a used one it wouldn’t be such a sore spot, to have to do repairs, but when you have hefty payments and most of the summer will be caught up hauling it 50miles back and forth for repairs (you just know everything won’t be done all at once!) Galls ya a bit! Ugh. I did make a email written complaint, I was told I would be gotten back to.. 1.5 mo. ago! My husband called the repair rv center and they walked him thru one of the major issues... I dread getting back home and having to deal with ALL these issues! Just tying to let potential buyers be ware! Trudi Batt
- Trudi Batt , Michigan

2020-02-14 2016 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

We purchased a 3 year old Lance 1995 from a dealership who had taken it in on a trade-in for a larger unit. We saw it prior to the shop going over it and it was very clean and obviously not used much plus it had orginally been purchased at the same dealership. This assured us in that the product and dealership had return customers and that it had been well taken care of. The high cost for Lance is touted to be due to it being a far superior product. Fast forward several months and we find that both the fan over the bed AND the skylight in the bathroom are leaking. We are then told by the dealership that this is a “known” issue with Lance and 4 season only means the undercarriage. We are not new to RVs and have over many years had many different rigs. We have NEVER had an issue of leakage like this (around the inside seal, it is full of water), especially on a unit only 3 years old. Be warned. Lance is not the “Quality” they tout and at least this dealership knows it.
- Debra Howell, Washington

2020-01-30 2011 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

We bought a brand new Lance 1985 and it is nothing but junk with absolutely no support from Lance. After two years of very few hwy miles the water tank fell out in our driveway. An obvious defect. Lance wouldn't return our calls or emails. in two years the under carriage battery brackets, towing device, every single screw holding it together was completely rusted to the point we could not the spare tire of. it leaked immediately and continued to leak after getting it fixed. it now has rot and mould. What a piece of junk
- Fennell, British Columbia

2020-01-20 2017 Lance Lance 2155 View Listings

I bought my lance from a dealer that promised the world. However when I had an accident which was not my fault, I took it to a reputable shop to fix the unit. The shop ordered the right parts and the Lance sent the wrong ones, not once but twice! They are the worst company to deal with if you ever need to repair your RV. Awful!!!
- Bob Falkowski , Florida

2020-01-13 2018 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

We really like the Lance product. This is our second Lance trailer. We found that being able to pull over and eat lunch without having to use the slide-out was a huge benefit. We could access the bathroom, pantry, refrigerator, the entire kitchen and the dinette with the slide-out retracted. There is ample storage and we never did use all the cabinets/storage areas. We used shelf liner on all the storage and drawers, so the unit looks brand new inside. We are now looking for something a little bigger with more sleeping quarters.
- Chris, Colorado

2020-01-08 2019 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

The quality alone speaks for the Lance brand. Everything inside feels like they used the sturdiest wood, not MDF. Lance thought of all the little details too like the stylist lights, the USB ports throughout, outside shower and much more. The trailer is extremely comfortable to live in, easy to use even if you are a first time owner. Best part, Lance is made in the USA right here in California, Lancaster.
- Cher Benton, California

2019-12-24 2020 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

My wife and I first purchased a new 2018 Lance 1995 and had a few issues with it but 98% of them I fixed and we avoided delays at the dealer. It was a good unit. Being "Newbies" we found after the first season we really wanted a sitting area inside and made the upgrade to the 2020 Lance 2375 with the recliner/rocker chairs. During the 18 months between the production of the two trailers, Lance was sold to REV Group. The quality of production went right down the drain to put it mildly. The first clue was we couldn't plug the new trailer into our truck because the cable was a foot too short, and we had a @!*& of a time just trying to get the hitch to lock onto the trailer ball. An employee of the dealer followed us home as we had no lights and there it sat for 3 weeks in our driveway while I began the long task of cleaning, fixing, adjusting, buying and replacing more things than this website will allow. In the first 4 months of owning it, (We live in Canada) we had more issues every time we took it out. The dealer was trying his best but not much help from Lance. On our last trip, we dared to stray more then 200 miles from home, the shower started leaking water that ran into the bedroom. I hooked up the trailer at out campsite in Las Vegas, put my wife on a flight home and drove straight to Lance in California. Gave Lance Service the list of outstanding and new issues and hung around Lancaster for the next 10 days waiting for parts and work to be done. It was me leading the charge and calling to give them updates and information, not the other way around. The trailer is fixed as far as we know, but what do we do with it now? keep it, or sell it while we have a chance. Given what we know now, "THE LANCE NAME NO LONGER IMPLIES QUALITY". After spending 10 days at the factory dealing with them in person and seeing what was coming off the line, (ALL Models) it's "BUYER BEWARE". I will never make the mistake of assuming someones reputation without doing up-to-date homework and really seeing the product. Lance is using all the right parts, but it appears REV Group is not giving the employees the time to "DO it Right!"
- Don, Alberta

2019-12-15 1990 Lance Longbed 900 View Listings

For one person or a very close couple who love the outdoors and are very active, it’s great for rough terrain trailers won’t work in. The bed is the most comfortable I’ve ever had. The camper is ultra clean. The air conditioner cools the camper in seconds and the heater works perfectly.
- Tom Lindsay, Arizona

2019-12-13 2012 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Ordered mine new from the factory. Have lived in it full time since March 2012. After almost 8 years of experience I can say it's a great unit and built like a tank. I have had a few things go bad; the 'fridge (after 6 years), minor water leak in plumbing,backup camera only worked a few months, and the warranty replacement unit wasn't any better,and the night pull shade cords all broke after about 2 years. Only ONE major issue: The jack and slide (I have 2 slides) system is a piece of junk. Had it in multiple times under warranty and replaced boards, controllers, remotes, but never works when you need it. Have to manually move the slides in or out. Major pain when on the road since you can't even get into camper if the slides are closed. Pros: This thing has a HUGE amount of room inside with both slides open. Awesome wet bath! I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room. Floors and walls have held up well. Cons: It's HEAVY! With all my stuff inside it weighs well over 5000lbs. Make sure your truck is capable. Has very little storage space for such a large unit.
- Dale W, Florida

2019-11-12 2019 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Worst purchase I ever made. I bought this trailer brand new just a few weeks ago. I have multiple water leaks, a window that doesn't open, a broken shower faucet, a binding slide, parts that fall off every time I drive it, and a possible propane leak. I called Lance directly as I am just a few miles from their facility and they can't get me in for 2 months! Lance might have been known for their quality and service in the past, but they are no longer that same company.
- Jack, California

2019-10-26 2018 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

This RV tows amazingly well, had to keep reminding myself that I was towing... Unbeatable quality in the construction of this trailer, we traveled across country twice and really enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't have more than 2 people in it for an extended period of time, I like my space. We did, however, have 4 people for 3 days...that was plenty of room.
- Dawn Delaney, Arizona

2019-10-16 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Picked up my new truck camper on October 22, 2019. November 20, 2019 we had torrential rains here in Los Angeles and my camper sprung 3 LARGE leaks...by large they were all three leaking like a very small faucet. I IMMEDIATELY drove to my dealer and he and his crew spent 4 hours fixing the problems. I was told I wouldn't have problems. 45 days later I was in Pismo Beach and torrential rains hit yet again. One of the old leaks that was "fixed" leaked again and I mean like a small faucet had been turned on and a new leak over my bed. Two days later I dumped the truck camper on the dealers lot and I said 'gimme all 35,000 dollars back'. He gave me a song and dance. I then drove to the CEO of Lance Camper in Lancaster, California. I explained my problem and I had a check for 35,000 in two weeks. MY HUGE LEAKS were #1. bathroom vent #2. vent over the kitchennette #3. vent over the bed. NEVER AGAIN LANCE!
- Steve Jacobs, California

2019-10-01 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

We thought we did good, upgrading to a Lance... but it has had nothing but problems! Got it with mouse infestation, but didn't turn on the heat right away so, couldn't pin point it to the dealer. But the main issue has been water! Had a leak and got it right in for repair. Thought it was fixed... not! Got it into another dealer, who said they fixed it.. it's only been a month and this is the worst leak EVER! There is so much water in the lights above the bed that the lights are on without the switch on! I just can't believe the quality control. I wish that we had come to this sight before making this major purchase! BUYERS OF LANCE, BEWARE!
- Faith, Washington

2019-09-11 2016 Lance Lance 995 View Listings

I saved all my life to buy a new camper and I thought Lance was one of the top of the line. It started with poor service at the dealer and has become a nightmare ever since. I'll go down the list of things that broke. First the rear left Jack did not work properly took it in twice for repair was told there was nothing wrong with it it's still ratchets and does not work properly to this day next trip out the molding around the stove fell off the molding around the slide out started falling off I took it in for warranty they used in air nailer and left holes in the trim .the awning broke on the slide out the RV lock broke after 2 years and have to be replaced the first time I use the outside shower the lines blew off and sprayed water everywhere in that compartment. After 2 years the decals are falling off. The inside sliding garbage can fell apart and needs to be replaced. One of the window blinds fell apart the shelf above the sink fell off. I've had problems with two or three of the doors not closing properly. The exterior door has never worked right it has to be slammed real hard in order to close. CO2 smoke detector failed after 2 years. The carpet is fraying and starting to come loose in different parts around the slide out in floor the kitchen faucet broke I replaced it twice it had the same problem. The quality control of the Lance camper is definitely subpar they look good but they fall apart fast. I would stay away from Lance until they get a handle on their quality control
- Danny Sullivan, Washington

2019-08-18 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Love our Lance - bought new late 2016. Have taken to SC twice and Colorado once and local trips. Very good built quality and excellent layout. Compact size at 19'2" yet roomy - pretty large slide makes Living room huge. Lots of storage inside and underneath. Love the all season certified camping ability - overall a Great Travel Trailer.
- Olaf Barthelmai, Virginia

2019-08-14 2019 Lance Shortbed 865 View Listings

Really great RV. Lots of space. It feels like you have a mini hotel suite! Great additions. I really like the stove option along with the three burners. The sink is deep which is great! I also love the GoPower! solar panel!
- Jessica, California

2019-08-02 2017 Lance Lance 2155 View Listings

My lance 2155 came out of the factory with a list of problems. I first noticed the microwave was installed in the cabinet wrong and the support brackets were useless. It broke out of the cabinet 30 miles down the road. The center island drawer glides were installed wrong and two of the drawers fell out causing damage to the cabinet. Two of the vent screens were not screwed in and were rattling in the vent opening. The worst problem was the main slide. The factory did not install the seals or caulking. First time the trailer was exposed to rain, the interior flooded. I took the trailer to a lance authorized dealer who told me all the issues were factory related. Poor quality control. Lance refused to reimburse me $150 for the new seals and would not cover the issues. This was a matter of principal for me. Lance will not stand by their errors of poor quality control and poor craftsmanship. Or should I say, lousy employees!
- Steve W, Montana

2019-07-21 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

This is our 4th Lance t.c. The overall quality of Lance truck campers has deteriorated since our first one. After driving it home the first time, we realized the hardware was loose in all cabinets. After tightening the screws we subsequently took it back to the dealer to fix several factory blunders. We then took a 2500 mile trip. Closet doors failed, cabinets would not close, two of the doors fell off as the screws are much too small for the doors' weight. The outdoor shower handle crumbled in my hand and we ultimately had the water heater replaced as there was a faulty weld. At one point I had to take the hardware off the bathroom sliding door as it jammed and could not be open.our second Lance, a 990 took us all the way to Alaska and back without incident. We are selling the Lance as I am tired of making repairs that are a result of poor design and workmanship.
- Tom Gallagher, Vermont

2019-06-12 2003 Lance Longbed 920 View Listings

The lance 920 is very well built and it has a good floor plan. This is the third Lance that we have owned and all of them have served us well. We have used this camper in all types of weather including way-below-freezing weather in Utah and had no problems. Lots of storage areas. After all the years of ownership it still looks near new.
- Jerry Dombroski, Washington