Lance Reviews on RV Insider (100)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2020-09-17 2011 Lance Longbed 950S View Listings

This is the one and only truck camper I have owned. Prior to this rig, I owned 3 travel trailers...like most owners each one bigger and better than the previous. The Lance camper is by far the best built and most reliable. I had one electrical issue...trailer lights. This ended up being an issue with my truck fuse box combined with the plug extension on the super truss receiver extension. The only knock I have is that the generator is not large enough to run the microwave and air conditioner at the same time. This is minor as my previous 3 had the same issue until I upgraded and ran two Honda EU Generators simultaneously. It is of the age when all the vents should be changed. That was on my list for the upcoming year, but I won't be able to get that done prior to selling. I had the power jacks and the electrical system gone though prior to listing by PC Mechanical in Santa Maria. This camper was used for both horse shows and Motorcycle trips...probably about 15 to 18 times a year. The previous owner had taken it on the Great Alaska Highway...there are stickers on the back. It has seen plenty of desert time as well.
- Derek Hansen, California

2020-09-05 2019 Lance Lance 1475S View Listings

Great quality, efficient floor plan, beautiful interior, and easy to tow with a van or small truck. Many nice features are standard like Jensen Stereo, 12 volt TV, large frig/ freezer, queen mattress, and quality faucet
- Ruth, Oregon

2020-08-22 2019 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

We purchased our first camper trailer, a 2019 LANCE 1575, on Aug 8, 2020 from Gander RV in Port St Lucie, FL. Our sales representative, Joseph Roman, was great from the beginning to the end of the sales transaction. He returned our phone calls and text messages almost immediately. When we brought the camper home, we reported that the monitor of the back up camera was missing. When he could not find it in their shop, Joe replaced the whole back up camera straight away. Kudos to Keith, Financial Manager, Jim, Service Manager and Joseph Roman for a seamless customer experience! I highly recommend this dealership. We love our LANCE camper, it has everything we want We spent several weeks of research to find it. It is 20 FT long, plenty of space for 2 people (I am 5'6" 155 lbs, my wife is 5'1" 114 lbs), a 5 cu ft refrigerator with freezer, 3 burner stove with oven, a dry bath, lots of storage cabinets, sleeps 4, attractive awning, and WELL MADE with clean lines. And easy to pull with a medium size truck.
- Concepcion Garcia, Florida

2020-08-04 2016 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

I really liked all the clever design features on this rig. The large sink, and 3 closets and under-bed storage really make use of the space in a very efficient way. The composting toilet is 100 times better than having to deal with dumping black water and all the accompanying smells and mess. Solar setup is great and can last several days without sunshine with the Tesla battery system. I love it!
- Mark Strauss, Nevada

2020-08-02 2015 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Camping in our Lance only a few times a year, and taking very good care of it in the meantime, we didn't expect the kitchen sink to leak (extensively) by year 4. Also we were surprised to see unsightly buckling occuring on the outside on the back of the trailer. The TV doesn't stay put during travel, it takes a sumo wrestler to secure the pin. If you're looking for a place to relax inside the trailer, don't expect to find it sitting at the dinette, it's not comfortable. The automatic retracting awning (a big selling point) did not work, and as a result we had to have the awning repaired on our own dime. This much-hyped trailer has been a disappointment to me, and I would not purchase another Lance.
- Sylvia Orth, Washington

2020-08-01 2016 Lance Lance 650 View Listings

Screws keep falling out. After one 3 day trip when I removed the camper from my truck I found 6 screws had fallen out of the base of the camper. After only five trips the screws to the bathroom door all fell out leaving the door on the floor. Gas mode on refrigerator does not work. Battery only lasted one year. Kitchen window fails to stay open. This was not a cheap purchase, for what this unit cost it should have been something of quality instead of junk. Really poor workmanship and quality control.
- alan novey, Utah

2020-07-29 2011 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

In 2013 after very little Hwy mileage, while parked, the water tank fell out of our Lance 1985. Lance would not return our calls or emails. This could have caused a catastrophic accident on the HWY. Now it is completely rotten. The floor is full of rot and it leaks everywhere. it is now basically garbage.
- Trish, British Columbia

2020-07-09 2018 Lance Lance 1172 View Listings

I bought my camper off of Princess Craft RV. First my midi heki skylight dome broke made by dometic. I found out dometic quit making them so I have to purchase a new complete midi heki instead of just a dome. Now I had a Atwood Jack go out and I found out they are no longer made so instead of bearings I have to purchase a new jack. Princess Craft RV wold me a extended warranty that won’t cover the Jack only the parts that I can’t get and since the repair person has to make two trips to take the Jack off and another trip to put the Jack on than its 3 times the cost of my deductible. Lance should have to cover these jacks and Princess Craft should pay the labor. Mastertech extended warranty needs to go out of business.
- Ricky Wilhelm, Oklahoma

2020-07-03 2017 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

We've owned the Lance 975 for three years, and it is a very solid camper. So much is packed in a small space, which gave us the freedom to go anywhere with all of the same conveniences as a larger rig. Mounted to a 4X4 1-ton, pickup, we were able to slip back in the remote wilderness where no one else could go. Onboard generator and solar power with large holding tanks allowed us to boondock for days at a time. Lance did it right with this model. We love the dry bath and the slideout dinette, which left plenty of room for the kitchen prep area. There is tons of onboard storage from closets and drawers and shelving to the unique pull-out pantry. I would highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for ultimate freedom.
- David Weinberg, Maryland

2020-06-22 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

We love everything about this travel trailer!! We are only selling because we are moving! We have created some beautiful memories with this trailer, and can’t wait for our next adventure! Lance is the BEST!!
- Dino Gerosolimo, California

2020-06-02 2020 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

Although Lance finishes are excellent this unit has turned out to be a disappointment. It was delivered with a misfit bathroom door and holes in one of the shades which never was fixed . When I turned the speakers up there was a terrible buzzing. I unmounted one to see if it could be replaced and a bunch of construction debris fell out. All 6 needed to be unmounted and cleaned. Next, when showering I noticed water was leaking out under the unit. They had failed to put sealant between the walls and the basin so I needed to do that. Also I had to seal the sinks so water couldn't seep between them and the counter. And lastly, if they are still offering only the Carefree armless awning I would strongly consider buying a different trailer. The awning is not sturdy and the bluetooth wind sensor is a joke. Mine has never worked properly despite multiple battery replacements and sensor replacements. Carefree customer service is not responsive and I've given up on this thing ever working properly. On top of that the awning mounts began to rust after only 6 months.
- Harold Jesser, Florida

2020-05-20 2013 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

After MUCH research we decided Lance and Airstream are equal in quality and design. Our research included talking with owners of mNy kinds and going in them. We bought a Lance and drove 200 miles home with no problems. They are tough built.
- Frank Ingels, Florida

2020-05-01 2020 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

Bought new. First rains found leaks from 3 skylights. Dealer pulled and resealed. When at home, did water/leak test, found leaks from 2 skylights, one of which was MASSIVE. Pulled trim and ceiling speakers and found a ridiculous amount of black mold growing all around the speaker holes, backs of trim and speakers had standing water and the whole camper smelled like mildew/mold. Also, the styrene foam in the laminated ceiling was wet everywhere I checked. Pretty obvious that with the amount of water and mold (both of which were quite far from the point of the leaks) that this unit was leaking from the time it left the factory floor, and the water was migrating/moving around the whole rear part of the ceiling, within the foam laminate. Company refused to acknowledge the extent of the damage, and insisted that it could be "fixed" with minor remediation. I'm in a very bad "life situation" at the moment, just off a divorce, and moving out of state, so don't have the time, energy, or mental capacity for a protracted legal battle (even though my attorney is pushing me to take it on.....knowing that my case would be solid as granite), so I just donated the camper to a local charity for the tax write off, and am walking away. Maybe I was just the unlucky guy to get the one bad camper of the line????? Seriously doubt that though.
- griffin ordway, California

2020-04-13 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

I bought a Lance in November '19. Since then it has leaked propane. I called and a technician came out. Discovered it was our oven slowly leaking. It took them a month to get us a new stove as they argued with Lance and Dometic as to who should foot the bill. 2 weeks ago it started smelling like gas again. Alarms started going off. Meanwhile we are in the middle of the pandemic. Ketelsen says the camper needs to be quarantined 4 days. Sure. HOWEVER, they want me to pay for the hotel room in the meantime. As if its my fault they sold me a piece of propane leaking garbage. I am currently looking up the better business bureau, lawyers, and lemon laws. Ketelsen is that FAKE friend. Great when things are going great. No where to be found when they screw up
- Chris Sargent, Iowa

2020-03-02 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Disappointed to have spent $40,000! We have had nothing but problems! Thankfully before leaving to Fl, my husband happened to ck the air conditioner as the generator kept slamming to a stop when he would start the air conditioner, it just wouldn’t work! It took 6wks to get back from the repair shop, just in time to start our winter trek to Florida... later we found it has one speed, “high” it’s supposed to have two, high and low! Ughhh On the journey (still cold temp out) the furnace wouldn’t stay lit! 🥶 The sky lite over the toilet leaks like a sieve, arranging the shower curtain up and over the bar, is quite an art, trying to steer the drips away from its helpless target, perched on the toilet! We started a list, these are the worst on the list so far. PS... storage is a nightmare. If you put the rack down over the table for storage, you can’t sit at the table, it doesn’t leave rm enough for your shoulders, it should be at least 8” narrower, to be comfortable! At least one of the electric legs refuse to deploy in unison with the others... that’s pretty scary! Gulp! I’ve never bought brand new, always second hand, I just thought, wouldn’t it be nice to not have to fix and repair constantly, like we have done all our lives! Everything brand new, just pack and enjoy? Not! It’s been a nightmare, I wish we had never done it! At least second hand you expect to fix and repair, but new, and a top if the line Lance to boot! Beyond disappointing! My husband has been livid!!! Ugh. On the upside the frig, oven/stove and microwave, tv and stereo system are awesome! But oh the lack of plugins for doing hair, running an appliance on the counter or on the table, way disappointing... who designs these anyway? Surly no one that lives in one longer than a wk end at a time and definitely has no interest in doing anything with their hair other than a rubber band! If we had pd cash for a used one it wouldn’t be such a sore spot, to have to do repairs, but when you have hefty payments and most of the summer will be caught up hauling it 50miles back and forth for repairs (you just know everything won’t be done all at once!) Galls ya a bit! Ugh. I did make a email written complaint, I was told I would be gotten back to.. 1.5 mo. ago! My husband called the repair rv center and they walked him thru one of the major issues... I dread getting back home and having to deal with ALL these issues! Just tying to let potential buyers be ware! Trudi Batt
- Trudi Batt , Michigan

2020-02-14 2016 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

We purchased a 3 year old Lance 1995 from a dealership who had taken it in on a trade-in for a larger unit. We saw it prior to the shop going over it and it was very clean and obviously not used much plus it had orginally been purchased at the same dealership. This assured us in that the product and dealership had return customers and that it had been well taken care of. The high cost for Lance is touted to be due to it being a far superior product. Fast forward several months and we find that both the fan over the bed AND the skylight in the bathroom are leaking. We are then told by the dealership that this is a “known” issue with Lance and 4 season only means the undercarriage. We are not new to RVs and have over many years had many different rigs. We have NEVER had an issue of leakage like this (around the inside seal, it is full of water), especially on a unit only 3 years old. Be warned. Lance is not the “Quality” they tout and at least this dealership knows it.
- Debra Howell, Washington

2020-01-30 2011 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

We bought a brand new Lance 1985 and it is nothing but junk with absolutely no support from Lance. After two years of very few hwy miles the water tank fell out in our driveway. An obvious defect. Lance wouldn't return our calls or emails. in two years the under carriage battery brackets, towing device, every single screw holding it together was completely rusted to the point we could not the spare tire of. it leaked immediately and continued to leak after getting it fixed. it now has rot and mould. What a piece of junk
- Fennell, British Columbia

2020-01-20 2017 Lance Lance 2155 View Listings

I bought my lance from a dealer that promised the world. However when I had an accident which was not my fault, I took it to a reputable shop to fix the unit. The shop ordered the right parts and the Lance sent the wrong ones, not once but twice! They are the worst company to deal with if you ever need to repair your RV. Awful!!!
- Bob Falkowski , Florida

2020-01-13 2018 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

We really like the Lance product. This is our second Lance trailer. We found that being able to pull over and eat lunch without having to use the slide-out was a huge benefit. We could access the bathroom, pantry, refrigerator, the entire kitchen and the dinette with the slide-out retracted. There is ample storage and we never did use all the cabinets/storage areas. We used shelf liner on all the storage and drawers, so the unit looks brand new inside. We are now looking for something a little bigger with more sleeping quarters.
- Chris, Colorado

2020-01-08 2019 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

The quality alone speaks for the Lance brand. Everything inside feels like they used the sturdiest wood, not MDF. Lance thought of all the little details too like the stylist lights, the USB ports throughout, outside shower and much more. The trailer is extremely comfortable to live in, easy to use even if you are a first time owner. Best part, Lance is made in the USA right here in California, Lancaster.
- Cher Benton, California

2019-12-24 2020 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

My wife and I first purchased a new 2018 Lance 1995 and had a few issues with it but 98% of them I fixed and we avoided delays at the dealer. It was a good unit. Being "Newbies" we found after the first season we really wanted a sitting area inside and made the upgrade to the 2020 Lance 2375 with the recliner/rocker chairs. During the 18 months between the production of the two trailers, Lance was sold to REV Group. The quality of production went right down the drain to put it mildly. The first clue was we couldn't plug the new trailer into our truck because the cable was a foot too short, and we had a @!*& of a time just trying to get the hitch to lock onto the trailer ball. An employee of the dealer followed us home as we had no lights and there it sat for 3 weeks in our driveway while I began the long task of cleaning, fixing, adjusting, buying and replacing more things than this website will allow. In the first 4 months of owning it, (We live in Canada) we had more issues every time we took it out. The dealer was trying his best but not much help from Lance. On our last trip, we dared to stray more then 200 miles from home, the shower started leaking water that ran into the bedroom. I hooked up the trailer at out campsite in Las Vegas, put my wife on a flight home and drove straight to Lance in California. Gave Lance Service the list of outstanding and new issues and hung around Lancaster for the next 10 days waiting for parts and work to be done. It was me leading the charge and calling to give them updates and information, not the other way around. The trailer is fixed as far as we know, but what do we do with it now? keep it, or sell it while we have a chance. Given what we know now, "THE LANCE NAME NO LONGER IMPLIES QUALITY". After spending 10 days at the factory dealing with them in person and seeing what was coming off the line, (ALL Models) it's "BUYER BEWARE". I will never make the mistake of assuming someones reputation without doing up-to-date homework and really seeing the product. Lance is using all the right parts, but it appears REV Group is not giving the employees the time to "DO it Right!"
- Don, Alberta

2019-12-15 1990 Lance Longbed 900 View Listings

For one person or a very close couple who love the outdoors and are very active, it’s great for rough terrain trailers won’t work in. The bed is the most comfortable I’ve ever had. The camper is ultra clean. The air conditioner cools the camper in seconds and the heater works perfectly.
- Tom Lindsay, Arizona

2019-12-13 2012 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Ordered mine new from the factory. Have lived in it full time since March 2012. After almost 8 years of experience I can say it's a great unit and built like a tank. I have had a few things go bad; the 'fridge (after 6 years), minor water leak in plumbing,backup camera only worked a few months, and the warranty replacement unit wasn't any better,and the night pull shade cords all broke after about 2 years. Only ONE major issue: The jack and slide (I have 2 slides) system is a piece of junk. Had it in multiple times under warranty and replaced boards, controllers, remotes, but never works when you need it. Have to manually move the slides in or out. Major pain when on the road since you can't even get into camper if the slides are closed. Pros: This thing has a HUGE amount of room inside with both slides open. Awesome wet bath! I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room. Floors and walls have held up well. Cons: It's HEAVY! With all my stuff inside it weighs well over 5000lbs. Make sure your truck is capable. Has very little storage space for such a large unit.
- Dale W, Florida

2019-11-12 2019 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Worst purchase I ever made. I bought this trailer brand new just a few weeks ago. I have multiple water leaks, a window that doesn't open, a broken shower faucet, a binding slide, parts that fall off every time I drive it, and a possible propane leak. I called Lance directly as I am just a few miles from their facility and they can't get me in for 2 months! Lance might have been known for their quality and service in the past, but they are no longer that same company.
- Jack, California