Lance RVs Reviews (77)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Have you owned any Lance RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2019-11-12 2019 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Worst purchase I ever made. I bought this trailer brand new just a few weeks ago. I have multiple water leaks, a window that doesn't open, a broken shower faucet, a binding slide, parts that fall off every time I drive it, and a possible propane leak. I called Lance directly as I am just a few miles from their facility and they can't get me in for 2 months! Lance might have been known for their quality and service in the past, but they are no longer that same company.
- Jack, California

2019-10-26 2018 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

This RV tows amazingly well, had to keep reminding myself that I was towing... Unbeatable quality in the construction of this trailer, we traveled across country twice and really enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't have more than 2 people in it for an extended period of time, I like my space. We did, however, have 4 people for 3 days...that was plenty of room.
- Dawn Delaney, Arizona

2019-10-16 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Picked up my new truck camper on October 22, 2019. November 20, 2019 we had torrential rains here in Los Angeles and my camper sprung 3 LARGE leaks...by large they were all three leaking like a very small faucet. I IMMEDIATELY drove to my dealer and he and his crew spent 4 hours fixing the problems. I was told I wouldn't have problems. 45 days later I was in Pismo Beach and torrential rains hit yet again. One of the old leaks that was "fixed" leaked again and I mean like a small faucet had been turned on and a new leak over my bed. Two days later I dumped the truck camper on the dealers lot and I said 'gimme all 35,000 dollars back'. He gave me a song and dance. I then drove to the CEO of Lance Camper in Lancaster, California. I explained my problem and I had a check for 35,000 in two weeks. MY HUGE LEAKS were #1. bathroom vent #2. vent over the kitchennette #3. vent over the bed. NEVER AGAIN LANCE!
- Steve Jacobs, California

2019-10-01 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

We thought we did good, upgrading to a Lance... but it has had nothing but problems! Got it with mouse infestation, but didn't turn on the heat right away so, couldn't pin point it to the dealer. But the main issue has been water! Had a leak and got it right in for repair. Thought it was fixed... not! Got it into another dealer, who said they fixed it.. it's only been a month and this is the worst leak EVER! There is so much water in the lights above the bed that the lights are on without the switch on! I just can't believe the quality control. I wish that we had come to this sight before making this major purchase! BUYERS OF LANCE, BEWARE!
- Faith, Washington

2019-09-11 2016 Lance Lance 995 View Listings

I saved all my life to buy a new camper and I thought Lance was one of the top of the line. It started with poor service at the dealer and has become a nightmare ever since. I'll go down the list of things that broke. First the rear left Jack did not work properly took it in twice for repair was told there was nothing wrong with it it's still ratchets and does not work properly to this day next trip out the molding around the stove fell off the molding around the slide out started falling off I took it in for warranty they used in air nailer and left holes in the trim .the awning broke on the slide out the RV lock broke after 2 years and have to be replaced the first time I use the outside shower the lines blew off and sprayed water everywhere in that compartment. After 2 years the decals are falling off. The inside sliding garbage can fell apart and needs to be replaced. One of the window blinds fell apart the shelf above the sink fell off. I've had problems with two or three of the doors not closing properly. The exterior door has never worked right it has to be slammed real hard in order to close. CO2 smoke detector failed after 2 years. The carpet is fraying and starting to come loose in different parts around the slide out in floor the kitchen faucet broke I replaced it twice it had the same problem. The quality control of the Lance camper is definitely subpar they look good but they fall apart fast. I would stay away from Lance until they get a handle on their quality control
- Danny Sullivan, Washington

2019-08-18 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Love our Lance - bought new late 2016. Have taken to SC twice and Colorado once and local trips. Very good built quality and excellent layout. Compact size at 19'2" yet roomy - pretty large slide makes Living room huge. Lots of storage inside and underneath. Love the all season certified camping ability - overall a Great Travel Trailer.
- Olaf Barthelmai, Virginia

2019-08-14 2019 Lance Shortbed 865 View Listings

Really great RV. Lots of space. It feels like you have a mini hotel suite! Great additions. I really like the stove option along with the three burners. The sink is deep which is great! I also love the GoPower! solar panel!
- Jessica, California

2019-08-02 2017 Lance Lance 2155 View Listings

My lance 2155 came out of the factory with a list of problems. I first noticed the microwave was installed in the cabinet wrong and the support brackets were useless. It broke out of the cabinet 30 miles down the road. The center island drawer glides were installed wrong and two of the drawers fell out causing damage to the cabinet. Two of the vent screens were not screwed in and were rattling in the vent opening. The worst problem was the main slide. The factory did not install the seals or caulking. First time the trailer was exposed to rain, the interior flooded. I took the trailer to a lance authorized dealer who told me all the issues were factory related. Poor quality control. Lance refused to reimburse me $150 for the new seals and would not cover the issues. This was a matter of principal for me. Lance will not stand by their errors of poor quality control and poor craftsmanship. Or should I say, lousy employees!
- Steve W, Montana

2019-07-21 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

This is our 4th Lance t.c. The overall quality of Lance truck campers has deteriorated since our first one. After driving it home the first time, we realized the hardware was loose in all cabinets. After tightening the screws we subsequently took it back to the dealer to fix several factory blunders. We then took a 2500 mile trip. Closet doors failed, cabinets would not close, two of the doors fell off as the screws are much too small for the doors' weight. The outdoor shower handle crumbled in my hand and we ultimately had the water heater replaced as there was a faulty weld. At one point I had to take the hardware off the bathroom sliding door as it jammed and could not be open.our second Lance, a 990 took us all the way to Alaska and back without incident. We are selling the Lance as I am tired of making repairs that are a result of poor design and workmanship.
- Tom Gallagher, Vermont

2019-06-12 2003 Lance Longbed 920 View Listings

The lance 920 is very well built and it has a good floor plan. This is the third Lance that we have owned and all of them have served us well. We have used this camper in all types of weather including way-below-freezing weather in Utah and had no problems. Lots of storage areas. After all the years of ownership it still looks near new.
- Jerry Dombroski, Washington

2019-06-06 2004 Lance Lite 915 View Listings

This is the greatest way to travel. Can go places larger units can't even dream of going. Lance is quality plus. Everything stays so solid...no rattles. The solar eliminates all worry of battery capacity.
- Bob, Arizona

2019-06-05 2005 Lance Lance 1161 View Listings

Great camper best quality of any we have had.You have full excess to camper with slide out in. Owned for 6 years and never had a problem with anything. This has been a great unit and would recommend to anyone looking for a TC camper. Great to be able to pull trailer. And the side door is a must for us . Great for easy entry.
- Mark Simecka, Kansas

2019-05-10 2019 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

The Original quality and towability of the unit is second to none. I had 27 items to be fixed in our first 2 outings. Some small while others large such as the slide scratching our sofa, outside canopy hardware wore holes in material had to replace entire canopy and rubber rollers, heater element control box already replaced three times,rear ladder had gouge in aluminum was replaced,shelves in pantry too narrow had to replace shelves,trailer jack faulty recall was replaced,water pump not working properly replaced, plastic in door replaced due to scratches, door needed to be realigned. Outside outlet for satellite and cable wired backwards,TV bracket in main salon would not lock had to put pillows between the slide and TV while on road so that TV would not break,These are a few of 27 items in our first month of ownership. Everything was replaced however it took Lance more than 8 months to make good on all of these warranty issues! They wanted pictures,delivered the wrong items wrong,their customer service was always polite but they try every way in hell to avoid replacing warranty items! They eventually made good but they took almost a year to give us our items. Our dealership was good but they told us that Lance takes forever to make good on warranty and tries to put it on the dealership for the delays. Overall construction of the unit is high quality but if your looking for service after the sale look some where else. Feel free to call me if you need any other information. Also our unit has only been used twice, it is now fixed and for sale at an incredible price. The toilet and oven never used! 215-260-3706.
- Ed, Pennsylvania

2019-04-27 2017 Lance Lance 2155 View Listings

We purchased this beautiful RV 2 years ago. We absolutely fell in love with the window over the bed, the swing around TV mount (although it would have been nice had there been a factory installed TV with the unit), the fireplace, the Island and carrying space for 3 20G propane tanks and the pull through tray in the storage compartment. Unfortunately when we picked up the RV there were some problems - the major one being that one of the bed lift supports had been broken off and not replaced. We didn't notice this until we had left the dealership. Our 2nd road trip with the unit was over a rather bumpy paved road that resulted in a number of issues that we did not expect of a "road-ready" RV. The counter on the Island came off completely, the back of the Island counter came off, the sink covers de-laminated, the table broke, the sink leaked, the door would not latch firmly. Other issues appeared as well - the pin-striping started to peel, the window seal in the kitchen came off, the regulator for the propane seized. Our first trip back to the dealer resulted in less than satisfactory repairs. We then moved to another dealer (same company - different location)to facilitate the repairs. By this time our 1 year warranty had expired. We wrote to the Lance factory and they were wonderful - they insured that most of the issues were dealt with at their expense - again, after the warranty had expired. Lance makes a wonderful product and I wish that their larger models had a similar floor plan to that of the 2155 as it is extremely livable and gives you that added storage of the Island. Again, highly recommend Lance for their standing behind their product.
- Barry Pflgier, British Columbia

2019-04-21 2014 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Very well constructed. Inside the dining table and seats provide great table space and the wrap around seats are comfortable and you can sit back with feet up watching tv. Storage under bed in gives convenient access. Ample external storage. Love the slide out on this small trailer. Tankless water heat is great. Nice size washroom with shower.
- Sharbo, Washington

2019-03-31 2012 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

This is the best four season truck camper on the market...no issues after 6 years of gentle use. Easy to load and maintain with a well thought out floor plan. Great storage for gear and supplies throughout.
- Vince Cherry, North Carolina

2019-03-24 2016 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

The Lance 1985 is perfect for a couple/small family. The layout is great and the quality of the construction is top notch. It has a nice bathroom with a large shower. It also has plenty of inside and outside storage.
- Joseph Staples, Pennsylvania

2019-03-05 2008 Lance Lance 815 View Listings

I loved my Lance 815 and my family did as well. We took it just about everywhere when we traveled in the summer. These models are easy to manage, affordable to live in, and fun! They seem to use up propane quickly, but that is probably all RV's. We are on our fourth one. Will continue to shop Lance because they are reliable.
- Jan, Colorado

2019-02-26 2014 Lance Lance 1191 View Listings

Excellent quality. Well laid out, open floor plan that creates an uncrowded relaxed environment. Plenty of storage, inside and out. Low maintenance, easy winterization. With solar panel option, there's always ample battery power while off-grid. Easy loading. Solid.
- Jason Bos, Alberta

2019-02-14 2019 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

While the 1995 is new to us, we love this trailer compared to previous trailers. Excellent quality and design. 4 season construction is wonderful. With two 12V batteries and a roof mounted solar power system we are ready to get off the beaten path a little. We look forward to years with our Lance 1995!
- J. Roy Cannon, Delaware

2019-01-13 2005 Lance Lance 1121 View Listings

Very roomy and comfortable. Big bedroom, nice for changing clothes, making bed. Kitchen and living area is open layout, lots of room for friends and family. The outside range is great for cooking on when it is too hot to cook inside! Outside shower is great for kids and pets. There is an outside hook-up available for a gas BBQ or portable fire for great evening ambience.
- Wendy LeGare, British Columbia

2018-09-23 2015 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

I love this trailer. We have dry camped with it so far and were impressed. Most detailed designed trailer we have seen. Issues so far 1. Dealer repaired for free the slide out track with higher quality material. 2. Furnace sail switch went out and I replaced it. 3. Shower allows water to run out at both ends after it runs down the wall. Which I see as a Design problem. I have not resolved how to solve this problem. I would recommend this trailer to anyone.
- Glenn D Anderson, Oregon

2018-09-18 2015 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

We purchased our Lance in 2015 very, very slightly used. The former owner used it for 1 month and it didn't work for them. We have taken this trailer on many trips, approximately 30,000 miles from Massachusetts through Texas. We lost a knob somehow, but it was easily replaced. Any issues we had were small and easily repairable, nothing major comes to mind. This is a great little trailer and we have lots of fond memories, taking this trailer to two of our childrens weddings and even drove through Manhattan. We are trading this in for a larger Lance trailer as we enjoy traveling the U.S.A. and want a little more space. I would very highly recommend the Lance 1575.
- Irene , South Carolina

2018-09-08 2016 Lance Lance 650 View Listings

Drove from Spearfish to look at this Lance 650.I was told the salesman was busy with another customer.After at least 45 minutes I got tired of waiting.Would have been nice if it had been unlocked.I could have at least looked inside without a salesman.Very poor way to run a business. Very disappointed!
- Jack Kushman , South Dakota