Lance Reviews on RV Insider (111)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2020-11-16 2020 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

This is not the same company as the origional Lance which put out a great product. Suffice it to say it is a disapointment. We have had water leaks, water heater that is to hot and no way to turn it down. Door way to stiff. TV and entertainment center lacking a place for the Sat receiver. Had a 2000 lance camper and never had an issue
- Jim Hinson, Nevada

2020-11-13 2021 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We saved and spent a lot of money ($45,000) on a 2021 Lance 1685. Sadly, it is a major disappointment and I regret the purchase. While Lance has some thoughtful features, the overall quality is lacking and after a mere three months of ownership it is headed back to the dealer for what may be a major repair. Specifically, the Schwinteck drives for the slide out are hopelessly out of sync and the slideout is useless. After doing some research, it appears to be a number of possible causes. One dealer with whom I spoke said that he had seen seven cases of this in just the last few months. Apparently, it is a defective Z bracket and/or H column. The sensor module indicates a short within the circuitry. In addition to this, screws fall out, the wallpaper in the bathroom is coming apart and there is a notorious propensity for the windows and door to fly open during travel. I spoke with the "national service manager" for Lance and he pointed out that, as a new trailer owner, I should expect these things. (It's my fault they make a faulty product.) Anyway, I'll be camping in my $200 tent while my $45,000 trailer is in the shop awaiting hard to get parts.
- Tony Zinnanti, California

2020-11-07 2017 Lance Lance 2285 View Listings

I bought the 2285 brand new tv had to be replaced after 4 months stereo system did not work properly. Then the skylight started leaking and caused roof material to come loose. Who makes a flat roof on an all weather Rv? Spells trouble!
- Robert Smith, Washington

2020-10-31 2019 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

I bought this 2375 in Feb. 2019. First heater sail switch replaced, kitchen ceiling vent leaked very badly also bathroom vent.fridge turns off when traveling.Front window shattered. Awning was too low when they fixed it,it came back with holes.in it. Water heater wiring burned up, replaced water heater. Toilet foot pedal broke, replaced toilet. The vinyl on the J lounge and cussions at table has peeled (never saw that before). Water pump don't work. Range burner came off screws fell out. All in all it's junk. I would tell anyone thinking of Lance, don't do it. Also Lance doesn't return calls. They don't stand behind their product.
- james walker, Arizona

2020-10-26 2020 Lance Lance 2465 View Listings

As a family we looked at all travel trailers starting with Airstream. Figured we would find something there and our search would be over. Problem was not enough room for a family of four on how we live in our space. Came across Lance and really liked the construction and features included. Really liked the full-size bunks for the kids and the room to navigate when the slide was out. It’s a solid travel trailer. I had an issue and called Lance directly they knew exactly what the issue was and how to resolve it. Things are going to happen on any rig. It is to be expected. No different than taking care of your own home. I have had no problems that I could not manage and I would highly recommend Lance to anyone who is looking for a significant upgrade from what’s out there.
- Tim Stamos, Florida

2020-10-25 2018 Lance Longbed 1062 View Listings

This is the most versatile Camper you can own. It can fit in a parking space along a street in a big city or you can 4x4 into a very remote place in the mountains. It has all of the amenities of a large motor home yet the footprint of a camper van. Four adults can move around comfortably and relax after a day of skiing playing cards and there is plenty of water for showers and living life. This is the best camper one could ever own.
- Aaron Rodolph, Wyoming

2020-10-13 2020 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Bought the trailer brand new in May of this year. Did a lot of research and picked Lance due to their reputation of being high quality. After minimal use the slide out mechanism broke in August and dealer has had the trailer ever since. Dealer is unable to get the parts from Lance to fix what should be a standard component. Why this high quality trailer broke after only a few months of use is a whole different question. If you call Lance all you get is parts on order parts on order. It has been parts on order for almost 2 months.
- Mike, California

2020-10-05 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

We do love the floor plan but found watching TV on the bed was uncomfortable and haven't found a good pillow yet to fit the shape. The heater sail switch has failed and could have been a huge problem and costly had we not been able to YOUTUBE and troubleshoot the problem. It ended up just wiping off the sail switch and it worked. Funny thing was our travel neighbors also have a fairly new trailer and it happened to them as well! Beware of the sail switch. The water pump leaks and therefore constantly runs. Awning had a problem as well - caps fly off so remember to secure them!
- Laurie G, California

2020-10-03 2018 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

I purchased our 2018 lance 2295 based primarily on its supposed quality. We had no local dealers and found the model we wanted 360 miles away in Maine. Before we got it home we discovered the Girard tankless hot water heater wasn’t working. The dealer assured us it was related to the pressure at the campground. It worked intermittently and ruined several trips. Mixing valve for shower not compatible with heater replaced it myself. Three trips to the dealership and two years later it was replaced. The second trip the TV fell off the bracket. Only secured by 1 screw instead of the 6 it should have had. Water leaking into bedroom and kitchen. Kitchen sink drain coming apart. Kitchen faucet broke. Fresh water fill leaking under cabinets when tank filled. Slide out binding and not sealing properly. The first winter we had snow blow into the trailer around the slide. The fix that didn’t work was to drill 6 bolts through to the interior walls. Very unsightly. Within the first few months the fridge igniter broke lance refused to cover. The outdoor kitchen fell off the rails. Dealership cobbled it together with plywood shims. Year two continuing to have leaks the dealership can’t find, the furnace decided to quite, sail switch changed yet it continues to have intermittent issues. The bedroom puck lights burned out, one had black mold on it. Now three years out after being put off by the dealer for 6 months related to COVID I’ve discovered our roof has failed, splitting on the edges of the roof. Of course Lance is still refusing to warranty anything. Don’t buy a Lance poor quality and way overpriced. Customer service is nonexistent If I had it to do over I would buy the cheapest trailer I could find since they all seem to be built to low standards. Unfortunately I’m stuck with this owing way more than its worth and having to pay out of pocket for a new roof on a three year old premium trailer. Shame on you Lance!
- Brian Nicol, New York

2020-10-02 2015 Lance Lance 2285 View Listings

This is an ideal Travel Trailer for a couple as it has two swivel rocking chairs instead of a couch. It does however have a u shape dinette which is easily transformed into a large bed. Another feature of this unit is that it two entry/exit doors. This is convenient when traveling as the dinette and the bathroom are accessible when the slideout is retracted. Also a separate entrance to the bedroom. The bedroom is separated from the main kitchen/dinette area. We love this Trailer however due to age we feel it is time move to a different type as we move along this aging process. This trailer is in exceptional shape from a quality manufacturer.
- Peter, New Hampshire

2020-09-22 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

purchased a slightly used lance 1685 nothing but problems with slide and main Door, dealer replaced main door because of broken open latch with a tension door and door doesn't operate correctly Slide out having issues broke molding on inside, and appears to be off track. Dealer wants 1000. to repair after replacing with incorrect main door.
- Sondra Moore, California

2020-09-17 2011 Lance Longbed 950S View Listings

This is the one and only truck camper I have owned. Prior to this rig, I owned 3 travel trailers...like most owners each one bigger and better than the previous. The Lance camper is by far the best built and most reliable. I had one electrical issue...trailer lights. This ended up being an issue with my truck fuse box combined with the plug extension on the super truss receiver extension. The only knock I have is that the generator is not large enough to run the microwave and air conditioner at the same time. This is minor as my previous 3 had the same issue until I upgraded and ran two Honda EU Generators simultaneously. It is of the age when all the vents should be changed. That was on my list for the upcoming year, but I won't be able to get that done prior to selling. I had the power jacks and the electrical system gone though prior to listing by PC Mechanical in Santa Maria. This camper was used for both horse shows and Motorcycle trips...probably about 15 to 18 times a year. The previous owner had taken it on the Great Alaska Highway...there are stickers on the back. It has seen plenty of desert time as well.
- Derek Hansen, California

2020-09-05 2019 Lance Lance 1475S View Listings

Great quality, efficient floor plan, beautiful interior, and easy to tow with a van or small truck. Many nice features are standard like Jensen Stereo, 12 volt TV, large frig/ freezer, queen mattress, and quality faucet
- Ruth, Oregon

2020-08-22 2019 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

We purchased our first camper trailer, a 2019 LANCE 1575, on Aug 8, 2020 from Gander RV in Port St Lucie, FL. Our sales representative, Joseph Roman, was great from the beginning to the end of the sales transaction. He returned our phone calls and text messages almost immediately. When we brought the camper home, we reported that the monitor of the back up camera was missing. When he could not find it in their shop, Joe replaced the whole back up camera straight away. Kudos to Keith, Financial Manager, Jim, Service Manager and Joseph Roman for a seamless customer experience! I highly recommend this dealership. We love our LANCE camper, it has everything we want We spent several weeks of research to find it. It is 20 FT long, plenty of space for 2 people (I am 5'6" 155 lbs, my wife is 5'1" 114 lbs), a 5 cu ft refrigerator with freezer, 3 burner stove with oven, a dry bath, lots of storage cabinets, sleeps 4, attractive awning, and WELL MADE with clean lines. And easy to pull with a medium size truck.
- Concepcion Garcia, Florida

2020-08-04 2016 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

I really liked all the clever design features on this rig. The large sink, and 3 closets and under-bed storage really make use of the space in a very efficient way. The composting toilet is 100 times better than having to deal with dumping black water and all the accompanying smells and mess. Solar setup is great and can last several days without sunshine with the Tesla battery system. I love it!
- Mark Strauss, Nevada

2020-08-02 2015 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Camping in our Lance only a few times a year, and taking very good care of it in the meantime, we didn't expect the kitchen sink to leak (extensively) by year 4. Also we were surprised to see unsightly buckling occuring on the outside on the back of the trailer. The TV doesn't stay put during travel, it takes a sumo wrestler to secure the pin. If you're looking for a place to relax inside the trailer, don't expect to find it sitting at the dinette, it's not comfortable. The automatic retracting awning (a big selling point) did not work, and as a result we had to have the awning repaired on our own dime. This much-hyped trailer has been a disappointment to me, and I would not purchase another Lance.
- Sylvia Orth, Washington

2020-08-01 2016 Lance Lance 650 View Listings

Screws keep falling out. After one 3 day trip when I removed the camper from my truck I found 6 screws had fallen out of the base of the camper. After only five trips the screws to the bathroom door all fell out leaving the door on the floor. Gas mode on refrigerator does not work. Battery only lasted one year. Kitchen window fails to stay open. This was not a cheap purchase, for what this unit cost it should have been something of quality instead of junk. Really poor workmanship and quality control.
- alan novey, Utah

2020-07-29 2011 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

In 2013 after very little Hwy mileage, while parked, the water tank fell out of our Lance 1985. Lance would not return our calls or emails. This could have caused a catastrophic accident on the HWY. Now it is completely rotten. The floor is full of rot and it leaks everywhere. it is now basically garbage.
- Trish, British Columbia

2020-07-09 2018 Lance Lance 1172 View Listings

I bought my camper off of Princess Craft RV. First my midi heki skylight dome broke made by dometic. I found out dometic quit making them so I have to purchase a new complete midi heki instead of just a dome. Now I had a Atwood Jack go out and I found out they are no longer made so instead of bearings I have to purchase a new jack. Princess Craft RV wold me a extended warranty that won’t cover the Jack only the parts that I can’t get and since the repair person has to make two trips to take the Jack off and another trip to put the Jack on than its 3 times the cost of my deductible. Lance should have to cover these jacks and Princess Craft should pay the labor. Mastertech extended warranty needs to go out of business.
- Ricky Wilhelm, Oklahoma

2020-07-03 2017 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

We've owned the Lance 975 for three years, and it is a very solid camper. So much is packed in a small space, which gave us the freedom to go anywhere with all of the same conveniences as a larger rig. Mounted to a 4X4 1-ton, pickup, we were able to slip back in the remote wilderness where no one else could go. Onboard generator and solar power with large holding tanks allowed us to boondock for days at a time. Lance did it right with this model. We love the dry bath and the slideout dinette, which left plenty of room for the kitchen prep area. There is tons of onboard storage from closets and drawers and shelving to the unique pull-out pantry. I would highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for ultimate freedom.
- David Weinberg, Maryland

2020-06-22 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

We love everything about this travel trailer!! We are only selling because we are moving! We have created some beautiful memories with this trailer, and can’t wait for our next adventure! Lance is the BEST!!
- Dino Gerosolimo, California

2020-06-02 2020 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

Although Lance finishes are excellent this unit has turned out to be a disappointment. It was delivered with a misfit bathroom door and holes in one of the shades which never was fixed . When I turned the speakers up there was a terrible buzzing. I unmounted one to see if it could be replaced and a bunch of construction debris fell out. All 6 needed to be unmounted and cleaned. Next, when showering I noticed water was leaking out under the unit. They had failed to put sealant between the walls and the basin so I needed to do that. Also I had to seal the sinks so water couldn't seep between them and the counter. And lastly, if they are still offering only the Carefree armless awning I would strongly consider buying a different trailer. The awning is not sturdy and the bluetooth wind sensor is a joke. Mine has never worked properly despite multiple battery replacements and sensor replacements. Carefree customer service is not responsive and I've given up on this thing ever working properly. On top of that the awning mounts began to rust after only 6 months.
- Harold Jesser, Florida

2020-05-20 2013 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

After MUCH research we decided Lance and Airstream are equal in quality and design. Our research included talking with owners of mNy kinds and going in them. We bought a Lance and drove 200 miles home with no problems. They are tough built.
- Frank Ingels, Florida

2020-05-01 2020 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

Bought new. First rains found leaks from 3 skylights. Dealer pulled and resealed. When at home, did water/leak test, found leaks from 2 skylights, one of which was MASSIVE. Pulled trim and ceiling speakers and found a ridiculous amount of black mold growing all around the speaker holes, backs of trim and speakers had standing water and the whole camper smelled like mildew/mold. Also, the styrene foam in the laminated ceiling was wet everywhere I checked. Pretty obvious that with the amount of water and mold (both of which were quite far from the point of the leaks) that this unit was leaking from the time it left the factory floor, and the water was migrating/moving around the whole rear part of the ceiling, within the foam laminate. Company refused to acknowledge the extent of the damage, and insisted that it could be "fixed" with minor remediation. I'm in a very bad "life situation" at the moment, just off a divorce, and moving out of state, so don't have the time, energy, or mental capacity for a protracted legal battle (even though my attorney is pushing me to take it on.....knowing that my case would be solid as granite), so I just donated the camper to a local charity for the tax write off, and am walking away. Maybe I was just the unlucky guy to get the one bad camper of the line????? Seriously doubt that though.
- griffin ordway, California