Lance Lance Truck Camper Reviews on RV Insider (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance Lance Truck Camper RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paul from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Lance Lance 865 View Listings

I live in my lance camper for 10 months now. Overall, fairly happy, but dealing with multiple leaks. Camper leaks from bulk head when hot water is on. Bulk head sometimes leaks after a shower. Bathroom vent leaks in the rain. Real bad leak when driving in the rain. I made a temp cover for that. Interior workmanship and materials a little shotty. When you live in one of these things, you find things out real quick. The Artic Fox seemed like a higher quality camper.
- Paul, California

2020-08-01 2016 Lance Lance 650 View Listings

Screws keep falling out. After one 3 day trip when I removed the camper from my truck I found 6 screws had fallen out of the base of the camper. After only five trips the screws to the bathroom door all fell out leaving the door on the floor. Gas mode on refrigerator does not work. Battery only lasted one year. Kitchen window fails to stay open. This was not a cheap purchase, for what this unit cost it should have been something of quality instead of junk. Really poor workmanship and quality control.
- alan novey, Utah

2020-07-09 2018 Lance Lance 1172 View Listings

I bought my camper off of Princess Craft RV. First my midi heki skylight dome broke made by dometic. I found out dometic quit making them so I have to purchase a new complete midi heki instead of just a dome. Now I had a Atwood Jack go out and I found out they are no longer made so instead of bearings I have to purchase a new jack. Princess Craft RV wold me a extended warranty that won’t cover the Jack only the parts that I can’t get and since the repair person has to make two trips to take the Jack off and another trip to put the Jack on than its 3 times the cost of my deductible. Lance should have to cover these jacks and Princess Craft should pay the labor. Mastertech extended warranty needs to go out of business.
- Ricky Wilhelm, Oklahoma

2020-07-03 2017 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

We've owned the Lance 975 for three years, and it is a very solid camper. So much is packed in a small space, which gave us the freedom to go anywhere with all of the same conveniences as a larger rig. Mounted to a 4X4 1-ton, pickup, we were able to slip back in the remote wilderness where no one else could go. Onboard generator and solar power with large holding tanks allowed us to boondock for days at a time. Lance did it right with this model. We love the dry bath and the slideout dinette, which left plenty of room for the kitchen prep area. There is tons of onboard storage from closets and drawers and shelving to the unique pull-out pantry. I would highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for ultimate freedom.
- David Weinberg, Maryland

2020-03-02 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Disappointed to have spent $40,000! We have had nothing but problems! Thankfully before leaving to Fl, my husband happened to ck the air conditioner as the generator kept slamming to a stop when he would start the air conditioner, it just wouldn’t work! It took 6wks to get back from the repair shop, just in time to start our winter trek to Florida... later we found it has one speed, “high” it’s supposed to have two, high and low! Ughhh On the journey (still cold temp out) the furnace wouldn’t stay lit! 🥶 The sky lite over the toilet leaks like a sieve, arranging the shower curtain up and over the bar, is quite an art, trying to steer the drips away from its helpless target, perched on the toilet! We started a list, these are the worst on the list so far. PS... storage is a nightmare. If you put the rack down over the table for storage, you can’t sit at the table, it doesn’t leave rm enough for your shoulders, it should be at least 8” narrower, to be comfortable! At least one of the electric legs refuse to deploy in unison with the others... that’s pretty scary! Gulp! I’ve never bought brand new, always second hand, I just thought, wouldn’t it be nice to not have to fix and repair constantly, like we have done all our lives! Everything brand new, just pack and enjoy? Not! It’s been a nightmare, I wish we had never done it! At least second hand you expect to fix and repair, but new, and a top if the line Lance to boot! Beyond disappointing! My husband has been livid!!! Ugh. On the upside the frig, oven/stove and microwave, tv and stereo system are awesome! But oh the lack of plugins for doing hair, running an appliance on the counter or on the table, way disappointing... who designs these anyway? Surly no one that lives in one longer than a wk end at a time and definitely has no interest in doing anything with their hair other than a rubber band! If we had pd cash for a used one it wouldn’t be such a sore spot, to have to do repairs, but when you have hefty payments and most of the summer will be caught up hauling it 50miles back and forth for repairs (you just know everything won’t be done all at once!) Galls ya a bit! Ugh. I did make a email written complaint, I was told I would be gotten back to.. 1.5 mo. ago! My husband called the repair rv center and they walked him thru one of the major issues... I dread getting back home and having to deal with ALL these issues! Just tying to let potential buyers be ware! Trudi Batt
- Trudi Batt , Michigan

2019-12-13 2012 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Ordered mine new from the factory. Have lived in it full time since March 2012. After almost 8 years of experience I can say it's a great unit and built like a tank. I have had a few things go bad; the 'fridge (after 6 years), minor water leak in plumbing,backup camera only worked a few months, and the warranty replacement unit wasn't any better,and the night pull shade cords all broke after about 2 years. Only ONE major issue: The jack and slide (I have 2 slides) system is a piece of junk. Had it in multiple times under warranty and replaced boards, controllers, remotes, but never works when you need it. Have to manually move the slides in or out. Major pain when on the road since you can't even get into camper if the slides are closed. Pros: This thing has a HUGE amount of room inside with both slides open. Awesome wet bath! I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room. Floors and walls have held up well. Cons: It's HEAVY! With all my stuff inside it weighs well over 5000lbs. Make sure your truck is capable. Has very little storage space for such a large unit.
- Dale W, Florida

2019-10-16 2019 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

Picked up my new truck camper on October 22, 2019. November 20, 2019 we had torrential rains here in Los Angeles and my camper sprung 3 LARGE leaks...by large they were all three leaking like a very small faucet. I IMMEDIATELY drove to my dealer and he and his crew spent 4 hours fixing the problems. I was told I wouldn't have problems. 45 days later I was in Pismo Beach and torrential rains hit yet again. One of the old leaks that was "fixed" leaked again and I mean like a small faucet had been turned on and a new leak over my bed. Two days later I dumped the truck camper on the dealers lot and I said 'gimme all 35,000 dollars back'. He gave me a song and dance. I then drove to the CEO of Lance Camper in Lancaster, California. I explained my problem and I had a check for 35,000 in two weeks. MY HUGE LEAKS were #1. bathroom vent #2. vent over the kitchennette #3. vent over the bed. NEVER AGAIN LANCE!
- Steve Jacobs, California

2019-09-11 2016 Lance Lance 995 View Listings

I saved all my life to buy a new camper and I thought Lance was one of the top of the line. It started with poor service at the dealer and has become a nightmare ever since. I'll go down the list of things that broke. First the rear left Jack did not work properly took it in twice for repair was told there was nothing wrong with it it's still ratchets and does not work properly to this day next trip out the molding around the stove fell off the molding around the slide out started falling off I took it in for warranty they used in air nailer and left holes in the trim .the awning broke on the slide out the RV lock broke after 2 years and have to be replaced the first time I use the outside shower the lines blew off and sprayed water everywhere in that compartment. After 2 years the decals are falling off. The inside sliding garbage can fell apart and needs to be replaced. One of the window blinds fell apart the shelf above the sink fell off. I've had problems with two or three of the doors not closing properly. The exterior door has never worked right it has to be slammed real hard in order to close. CO2 smoke detector failed after 2 years. The carpet is fraying and starting to come loose in different parts around the slide out in floor the kitchen faucet broke I replaced it twice it had the same problem. The quality control of the Lance camper is definitely subpar they look good but they fall apart fast. I would stay away from Lance until they get a handle on their quality control
- Danny Sullivan, Washington

2019-07-21 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

This is our 4th Lance t.c. The overall quality of Lance truck campers has deteriorated since our first one. After driving it home the first time, we realized the hardware was loose in all cabinets. After tightening the screws we subsequently took it back to the dealer to fix several factory blunders. We then took a 2500 mile trip. Closet doors failed, cabinets would not close, two of the doors fell off as the screws are much too small for the doors' weight. The outdoor shower handle crumbled in my hand and we ultimately had the water heater replaced as there was a faulty weld. At one point I had to take the hardware off the bathroom sliding door as it jammed and could not be open.our second Lance, a 990 took us all the way to Alaska and back without incident. We are selling the Lance as I am tired of making repairs that are a result of poor design and workmanship.
- Tom Gallagher, Vermont

2019-06-05 2005 Lance Lance 1161 View Listings

Great camper best quality of any we have had.You have full excess to camper with slide out in. Owned for 6 years and never had a problem with anything. This has been a great unit and would recommend to anyone looking for a TC camper. Great to be able to pull trailer. And the side door is a must for us . Great for easy entry.
- Mark Simecka, Kansas

2019-03-31 2012 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

This is the best four season truck camper on the market...no issues after 6 years of gentle use. Easy to load and maintain with a well thought out floor plan. Great storage for gear and supplies throughout.
- Vince Cherry, North Carolina

2019-03-05 2008 Lance Lance 815 View Listings

I loved my Lance 815 and my family did as well. We took it just about everywhere when we traveled in the summer. These models are easy to manage, affordable to live in, and fun! They seem to use up propane quickly, but that is probably all RV's. We are on our fourth one. Will continue to shop Lance because they are reliable.
- Jan, Colorado

2019-02-26 2014 Lance Lance 1191 View Listings

Excellent quality. Well laid out, open floor plan that creates an uncrowded relaxed environment. Plenty of storage, inside and out. Low maintenance, easy winterization. With solar panel option, there's always ample battery power while off-grid. Easy loading. Solid.
- Jason Bos, Alberta

2019-01-13 2005 Lance Lance 1121 View Listings

Very roomy and comfortable. Big bedroom, nice for changing clothes, making bed. Kitchen and living area is open layout, lots of room for friends and family. The outside range is great for cooking on when it is too hot to cook inside! Outside shower is great for kids and pets. There is an outside hook-up available for a gas BBQ or portable fire for great evening ambience.
- Wendy LeGare, British Columbia

2018-09-08 2016 Lance Lance 650 View Listings

Drove from Spearfish to look at this Lance 650.I was told the salesman was busy with another customer.After at least 45 minutes I got tired of waiting.Would have been nice if it had been unlocked.I could have at least looked inside without a salesman.Very poor way to run a business. Very disappointed!
- Jack Kushman , South Dakota

2018-09-01 1998 Lance Lance 880 View Listings

Lance makes the best truck camper by far. The construction and quality that goes into their units is top rate. It is unbelievable the options and quality they can manage in such a small space, nothing is left out. Solid from the first time you set foot in one. Easy on, easy off your truck with the Electric jacks, so much nicer than towing a rig. I wouldn't buy any other.
- james s darling, Nevada

2018-08-02 2014 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Overall a terrific camper. Quality materials, good resale value. Trusted brand. Great floorplan. Easy to connect and disconnect from truck. Highly recommend Lance campers to anyone. My wife enjoys the time we spend in it as well. All of my friends always compliment us for only it
- Jim, Texas

2018-02-20 2003 Lance Lance 821 View Listings

Bought a Lance camper model 821, buyer beware, you can’t even remove the refrigerator from the camper without disassembling it: Meaning you have to disassemble the new one to put it in. What engineer thought that one out? And no there is no window or door, even if they are removed, can it for through. Should have bought the Artic Fox!
- Mark Tex, California

2017-09-05 2001 Lance Lance 820 View Listings

I love how Lance Makes a great quality made overhead camper. We've had ours for 15 years and to be honest have only had minor issues, which were all easily fixed without taking it to the shop. We bought the short bed camper and really glad we did. It is big enough for 2 people, yet small enough to park anywhere. Easy to drive around. We don't use a generator, but 2 solar panels instead and can dry camp easily without any issues. Don't be afraid of how old a Lance is as the quality is there and you will be getting a great deal in price, especially if you buy from a person vs. dealer. New RVs cost a lot with the mark ups and depreciate once you roll off the lot.
- Sue Erickson, California

2017-05-24 2012 Lance Lance 855S View Listings

2012 Lance camper purchased on April 18, 2013. We lightly used it for two weeks of camping but did not use the toilet and shower. It is designed for the short bed pick up truck. It is 90 1/2 inches from the front to the back to slide into the bed of the pick up truck so, I think, it might even work in an 8 foot bed and would only be 5 to 6 inches from hitting the front of the bed. It has an AC/furnace combo, 5 ft.³ fridge/freezer, stove, oven, DVD, stereo with inside and outside speakers, toilet, shower inside and then an outside place for a shower beside the camper, the slide out part is on the right side that has 2 couches and a table between them which can be used as a queen size bed. Over the cab is a front to back queen size bed with cabinets along both sides. It is equipped with a remote control for the jacks and the slide out part that has the couch and table. It comes with the hand cranks if the auto option is not working. On the left side towards the front the first door has two 20 pound propane tanks. The second door is for the hose hook up to get water into the camper. The third door has the 50 foot 120 V/30 amp extension cord. The fourth door with horizontal grooves is for the refrigerator/freezer ventilation in the door comes off to do whatever needs to be done inside there. The fifth door is the showering hose which has the hot/cold water knob's colored red/green for hot and cold. Inside on the left is a closet with bars to hang clothes and several drawers. On the right side under the front couch is a drawer to put in groceries, utensils, rolls of tinfoil, etc. and under the back couch it has doors to be opened inside and outside to put in gas cans, shoes, etc.
- Ray Umber, Wyoming

2017-05-08 2006 Lance Lance 845 View Listings

I purchased this Lance from a independent RV business and it had no warranty. However, we've had it 11 years of good service from this unit and purchased a Lance 855S from an ad seen on line at RVT.
- William Anderson, Colorado

2017-04-17 2004 Lance Lance 1030 View Listings

My wife and I have been across the US, including Alaska, several time and found this unit to be easy to use, reliable, and convenient. The appliances are very reliable; the bed is a great queen mattress and storage in that area was adequate for us. The fiberglass exterior has been easy to maintain. On the minus side the dinette convertible to an adult bed is sleepable but makes access through that area difficult. Also, my preference would be to have greater black and gray holding capacity and less fresh water capacity.
- Robert Kinter, South Carolina

2016-09-01 2008 Lance Lance 992 View Listings

Excellent floor space for a TC. The build quality is outstanding. It has less storage than our old 1030 but it is still very adequate. I think the factory mattress is more comfortable than the pillow top mattress at home. The bunk over is also so well insulated with the optional insulating mat under the mattress that it has never been uncomfortable even in 20F weather. Another thing that is great about the camper is that the basement and all water tanks and lines are heated. As well as the back and underside of the bathroom. So, it is never cold to stand barefoot in the shower. So the things I don't like. Location of radio makes using remotes almost useless. The closet is not long enough to hang a mens dress shirt or jacket. Battery tray is overly large limiting type and size of batteries. The emergency window in the cabover is difficult to use as a standard window. The A/C is not controlled through the digital thermostat on the wall, even though it is a model that can operate both an A/C and Heater unit.
- Sean, Illinois

2016-08-04 1999 Lance Lance 1030 View Listings

Good storage - convenient - have had lots of fun with this rig. It does take a heavy duty truck - at least 3/4 ton. Drives very easy. Easy to load and unload with the power driven jacks. Always easy to park and is self sufficient just as is.
- Karen, California

2016-07-05 2015 Lance Lance 1052 View Listings

1052 is great, Mon and I are getting older, and I have a very large tool box on the truck that I have to remove and it's a lot of work, getting a small RV, need to stop and open slide to go pee.
- Robert Lares, California