Lance Lance Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (70)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance Lance Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Barb Schultz from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We just bought a 2018 Lance 1685 MSRP $38000! It has been nothing but problems. The are so behind in producing campers that their is no quality control. First we bought a new 2017 1685 from dealer in Poncha Springs, CO. One week out the awning & slide out failed due to incorrect installation. They replaced with a 2018. bathroom fan leaking due to poor installation, they drilled the screw through roof, water is leaking through the screw hole,Fantastic fan leaks because they did not properly prep roof before applying sealant tape.Table base wobbles, cargo doors won't stay closed when driving ,Decal on crooked, stove backsplash improper installed ,Hot water heater blow off valve leaking when reaching temp, Foam on door handle ripped, and the front hitch was damaged when moving around yard. We have only had this camper 7 weeks. Very disappointed in the quality of their work. Not worth the $$. Wish we had bought a OUTDOOR RV
- Barb Schultz, Colorado

2021-05-04 2020 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

Parkview is good at sales but don’t expect a very good service. They had my RV for 6 months and they are not will to do anything for me except said they would clean it , check for gas leaks, and drain the antifreeze. No apology or anything else. Blame Lance due to Covid-19 but lance was open the whole time. I called Lance to find out. This was a brand new trailer. The first time I picked it up it was dirty. That should have given me a fed flag. I would never recommend this dealer to anyone. When I asked to talk to the manager they said they would call never did. They are good at not telling the true
- Fred Walters, Pennsylvania

2021-04-08 2018 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

Good small travel trailer. Better quality than most brands. Easy to pull with a 1/2 ton V8 truck. Very well insulated and cooled. Larger tank sizes than comparable size travel trailers. Space saving murphy bed.
- Brian, Alabama

2021-04-01 2021 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We went camping for the first time with our new Lance 1685, and in the first two weeks, I've never had more problems than any product I've ever bought in my life. I've had to reset the heater at least 10 times, with cold nights before I read the manual and called the dealer to find where the reset switch is inside a panel. The cable TV does not get the park cable service, only the antenna, but get park cable after I rewired it through the satellite coaxial cable, which means the splitter is probably hooked up wrong. The hot water heater worked right at first but does not work now at all no on gas or electric, and resetting the whole power system does not help. Dealer had me check everything, no hot water. It's more like Fix-It-Again-Tony FIAT than Lance, poor quality. Dealer says to call Lance regarding the warranty. I'm so disappointed.
- Robert Taylor, California

2021-03-28 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

This is our second Lance. We are in the process of upgrading to a model 2465. We are very happy with are campers. They are lite weight and are easy to pull. The electric jacks make it very easy to set up. The interior is very functional. The details are beautifully made. Like anything today you get what you pay for the quality shows! There is also plenty of storage inside and outside. The queen bed is great! We added a pillow top it's very comfortable and there is plenty of space around to walk. The camper is a 4-season which keeps all the holding tanks from freezing when you go camping late season a great feature. The bottom of the camper is all sealed you won't get any critters nesting for the winter either! The other thing that I liked is the material that it is made of will not rot or mildew like some other campers on the market today That is why my wife and I love our lance. If you want quality this is a great camper to own!
- Bill Milette, Connecticut

2021-03-26 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

This is my wife and I 2nd Lance.We upgraded to a model 1985 we bought it brand new. We went from a single axle model 1575 to a dual axle. This tows better and is easier to back up. This model also has the largest bathroom and closet space for storage. The other reason is the 4-season package it is well insulated for colder weather. The bed is a queen we added a pillow top it made a big difference very comfortable for sleeping. We only used it in the summer two or three times a year it a great camper very comfortable easy to set up. We don't smoke. We are retired kids all grown up. The reason we are selling we are upgrading again to a newer model lance that we ordered it will be in early summer can't wait. Lance makes a beautiful and very functional camper well worth it!
- Bill Milette, Connecticut

2021-03-07 2020 Lance Lance 2445 View Listings

The Lance is rock solid and has great back bones. We pulled it 17k miles across the country and really enjoyed it. It still feels new and is very safe. We would buy a Lance again. Our kids enjoy the oversized bunkbeds a lot.
- Marc, South Carolina

2021-02-25 2019 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Our Lance 1575 has been with the dealer for warranty repairs more than we’ve owned it. Premium brand, premium price, lousy quality and lousy service. Our four season camper has become a no season camper. If there was a lemon law for campers we would exercise that option and get rid of it. Sky light leak lead to roof problems, stove top burners fell apart, power awning was installed incorrectly, big ass fan fell apart. Kitchen faucet broke on first trip, outside shower had poor water pressure, refrigerator had loose wiring. Enough already. Going on 4 months in the shop and have no idea when repairs will be done. Look elsewhere.
- Andy Williams, Colorado

2021-02-19 2021 Lance Lance 2185 View Listings

we bought this trailer to tow behind our full sized SUV with the hitch weight weight of 755# would have been just fine. after we took delivery found the hitch weight to be 1100#! this company is hiding real weight because at 1100# they would never sell any of this model. They are very hard to communicate with and cant get any warranty parts for a broken crankout window mech. they must be going under soon. met other Lance owners who are also frustrated with after sale help.
- louis howard, Florida

2021-02-16 2020 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Bought a 2020 1575. We liked four things the floor plan that expands to fit 4 people, the use of Azdel (I hated the smell of Luon in my old RV), it is a 4 season camper and the light weight of the unit BUT we have had nothing but problems. ALL 4 roof vents leak (1 badly enough that we aren't able to use our trailer), the frame around slide out popped off, the awning motor was dead when we got it, the slide stopped working on fay 1 and we needed someone to come fix it as it was stuck open, the door strut broke after just 3 days of using it, the heater/hotwater heater malfunctions, and cabinet doors have ripped right out with minimal use. The fuacet had to be changed im bathroom and there was a broken pipe fitting on the kitchen sink, and the faucet leaks. Did I mention that we bought this new at the end of 2020. My Forest River Patriot NEVER had problems like this and they were always easy repairs. Yeah its great to tow and really fits my family well but what good is a TT that doesn't work? Leaking roofs and broken slides render TT unusable, we can live with a broken appliance and have had no issue in repairing our old RV but these leaks/slide problems are coming from what I think is the result of improper installation and/or warped and broken frames.
- Lal, Wisconsin

2021-02-09 2019 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Overall we are pleased with the Lance camper. The storage space is great, inside and out. The tank sizes have worked out great. The front window started to leak. We feel that the inside gasket was installed improperly. We reached out to the company, but there was no acknowledgement of that being a possibility. The gasket ends meet at the top of the window and that doesn't make sense. So, of course, it is out of warranty now, so we are paying for the gaskets and thankfully we can do the repairs ourselves. Also the power jack, we didn't know that the plastic cover on top of controls would be so flimsy that in just two years, disintegrate, and contacting the manufacturer, you cannot get a replacement piece of plastic, that would probably cost about $1.00, you would have to replace the entire jack. That makes no sense.
- Lisa Evans, North Carolina

2021-02-05 2020 Lance Lance 2075 View Listings

camped in trailer twice, molding falling off wall, dinette table broke, AC cover on roof falling off needs replaced, in-command system went out. Local dealer fixed in-command system, part came from ASA Electronics, still waiting on other parts from Lance been 4 weeks and still haven't shipped.
- Dave, Oregon

2020-11-16 2020 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

This is not the same company as the origional Lance which put out a great product. Suffice it to say it is a disapointment. We have had water leaks, water heater that is to hot and no way to turn it down. Door way to stiff. TV and entertainment center lacking a place for the Sat receiver. Had a 2000 lance camper and never had an issue
- Jim Hinson, Nevada

2020-11-13 2021 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We saved and spent a lot of money ($45,000) on a 2021 Lance 1685. Sadly, it is a major disappointment and I regret the purchase. While Lance has some thoughtful features, the overall quality is lacking and after a mere three months of ownership it is headed back to the dealer for what may be a major repair. Specifically, the Schwinteck drives for the slide out are hopelessly out of sync and the slideout is useless. After doing some research, it appears to be a number of possible causes. One dealer with whom I spoke said that he had seen seven cases of this in just the last few months. Apparently, it is a defective Z bracket and/or H column. The sensor module indicates a short within the circuitry. In addition to this, screws fall out, the wallpaper in the bathroom is coming apart and there is a notorious propensity for the windows and door to fly open during travel. I spoke with the "national service manager" for Lance and he pointed out that, as a new trailer owner, I should expect these things. (It's my fault they make a faulty product.) Anyway, I'll be camping in my $200 tent while my $45,000 trailer is in the shop awaiting hard to get parts.
- Tony Zinnanti, California

2020-11-07 2017 Lance Lance 2285 View Listings

I bought the 2285 brand new tv had to be replaced after 4 months stereo system did not work properly. Then the skylight started leaking and caused roof material to come loose. Who makes a flat roof on an all weather Rv? Spells trouble!
- Robert Smith, Washington

2020-10-31 2019 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

I bought this 2375 in Feb. 2019. First heater sail switch replaced, kitchen ceiling vent leaked very badly also bathroom vent.fridge turns off when traveling.Front window shattered. Awning was too low when they fixed it,it came back with holes.in it. Water heater wiring burned up, replaced water heater. Toilet foot pedal broke, replaced toilet. The vinyl on the J lounge and cussions at table has peeled (never saw that before). Water pump don't work. Range burner came off screws fell out. All in all it's junk. I would tell anyone thinking of Lance, don't do it. Also Lance doesn't return calls. They don't stand behind their product.
- james walker, Arizona

2020-10-26 2020 Lance Lance 2465 View Listings

As a family we looked at all travel trailers starting with Airstream. Figured we would find something there and our search would be over. Problem was not enough room for a family of four on how we live in our space. Came across Lance and really liked the construction and features included. Really liked the full-size bunks for the kids and the room to navigate when the slide was out. It’s a solid travel trailer. I had an issue and called Lance directly they knew exactly what the issue was and how to resolve it. Things are going to happen on any rig. It is to be expected. No different than taking care of your own home. I have had no problems that I could not manage and I would highly recommend Lance to anyone who is looking for a significant upgrade from what’s out there.
- Tim Stamos, Florida

2020-10-13 2020 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Bought the trailer brand new in May of this year. Did a lot of research and picked Lance due to their reputation of being high quality. After minimal use the slide out mechanism broke in August and dealer has had the trailer ever since. Dealer is unable to get the parts from Lance to fix what should be a standard component. Why this high quality trailer broke after only a few months of use is a whole different question. If you call Lance all you get is parts on order parts on order. It has been parts on order for almost 2 months.
- Mike, California

2020-10-05 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

We do love the floor plan but found watching TV on the bed was uncomfortable and haven't found a good pillow yet to fit the shape. The heater sail switch has failed and could have been a huge problem and costly had we not been able to YOUTUBE and troubleshoot the problem. It ended up just wiping off the sail switch and it worked. Funny thing was our travel neighbors also have a fairly new trailer and it happened to them as well! Beware of the sail switch. The water pump leaks and therefore constantly runs. Awning had a problem as well - caps fly off so remember to secure them!
- Laurie G, California

2020-10-03 2018 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

I purchased our 2018 lance 2295 based primarily on its supposed quality. We had no local dealers and found the model we wanted 360 miles away in Maine. Before we got it home we discovered the Girard tankless hot water heater wasn’t working. The dealer assured us it was related to the pressure at the campground. It worked intermittently and ruined several trips. Mixing valve for shower not compatible with heater replaced it myself. Three trips to the dealership and two years later it was replaced. The second trip the TV fell off the bracket. Only secured by 1 screw instead of the 6 it should have had. Water leaking into bedroom and kitchen. Kitchen sink drain coming apart. Kitchen faucet broke. Fresh water fill leaking under cabinets when tank filled. Slide out binding and not sealing properly. The first winter we had snow blow into the trailer around the slide. The fix that didn’t work was to drill 6 bolts through to the interior walls. Very unsightly. Within the first few months the fridge igniter broke lance refused to cover. The outdoor kitchen fell off the rails. Dealership cobbled it together with plywood shims. Year two continuing to have leaks the dealership can’t find, the furnace decided to quite, sail switch changed yet it continues to have intermittent issues. The bedroom puck lights burned out, one had black mold on it. Now three years out after being put off by the dealer for 6 months related to COVID I’ve discovered our roof has failed, splitting on the edges of the roof. Of course Lance is still refusing to warranty anything. Don’t buy a Lance poor quality and way overpriced. Customer service is nonexistent If I had it to do over I would buy the cheapest trailer I could find since they all seem to be built to low standards. Unfortunately I’m stuck with this owing way more than its worth and having to pay out of pocket for a new roof on a three year old premium trailer. Shame on you Lance!
- Brian Nicol, New York

2020-10-02 2015 Lance Lance 2285 View Listings

This is an ideal Travel Trailer for a couple as it has two swivel rocking chairs instead of a couch. It does however have a u shape dinette which is easily transformed into a large bed. Another feature of this unit is that it two entry/exit doors. This is convenient when traveling as the dinette and the bathroom are accessible when the slideout is retracted. Also a separate entrance to the bedroom. The bedroom is separated from the main kitchen/dinette area. We love this Trailer however due to age we feel it is time move to a different type as we move along this aging process. This trailer is in exceptional shape from a quality manufacturer.
- Peter, New Hampshire

2020-09-22 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

purchased a slightly used lance 1685 nothing but problems with slide and main Door, dealer replaced main door because of broken open latch with a tension door and door doesn't operate correctly Slide out having issues broke molding on inside, and appears to be off track. Dealer wants 1000. to repair after replacing with incorrect main door.
- Sondra Moore, California

2020-09-05 2019 Lance Lance 1475S View Listings

Great quality, efficient floor plan, beautiful interior, and easy to tow with a van or small truck. Many nice features are standard like Jensen Stereo, 12 volt TV, large frig/ freezer, queen mattress, and quality faucet
- Ruth, Oregon

2020-08-22 2019 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

We purchased our first camper trailer, a 2019 LANCE 1575, on Aug 8, 2020 from Gander RV in Port St Lucie, FL. Our sales representative, Joseph Roman, was great from the beginning to the end of the sales transaction. He returned our phone calls and text messages almost immediately. When we brought the camper home, we reported that the monitor of the back up camera was missing. When he could not find it in their shop, Joe replaced the whole back up camera straight away. Kudos to Keith, Financial Manager, Jim, Service Manager and Joseph Roman for a seamless customer experience! I highly recommend this dealership. We love our LANCE camper, it has everything we want We spent several weeks of research to find it. It is 20 FT long, plenty of space for 2 people (I am 5'6" 155 lbs, my wife is 5'1" 114 lbs), a 5 cu ft refrigerator with freezer, 3 burner stove with oven, a dry bath, lots of storage cabinets, sleeps 4, attractive awning, and WELL MADE with clean lines. And easy to pull with a medium size truck.
- Concepcion Garcia, Florida

2020-08-04 2016 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

I really liked all the clever design features on this rig. The large sink, and 3 closets and under-bed storage really make use of the space in a very efficient way. The composting toilet is 100 times better than having to deal with dumping black water and all the accompanying smells and mess. Solar setup is great and can last several days without sunshine with the Tesla battery system. I love it!
- Mark Strauss, Nevada