Lance Lance

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Lance Lance RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

julia shelton from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Lance Lance 1475 View Listings

Purchased a 1475 new in May of 2016. Loved it-so cozy and comfortable for a tiny trailer. However, the roof has been leaking since day one and is now on it's 4th visit to the dealer for repair. There was also a recall on the frig which took a month to fix. The front window had to be replaced due to the self storing blind getting jammed up. The dealer is not sympathetic and doesn't seem to care at all. Since we live in Washington state, a leaking roof is a major concern. I called Lance directly and they agreed to replace the mattress. But they don't seem to care about my concerns about water damage that may be occurring in the ceiling, cabinetry or electrical. The fact is that we haven't been able to use it very much-it has been in the shop most of the time. But we are still making the payments. So disappointed-it was a dream of mine to own a camper of some sort and we heard Lance was "top of the line."
- julia shelton, Washington

2021-06-13 2019 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

This RV is easy to heat and cool due to it being a "all seasons rv". I like how the roof top solar keeps the batteries charged. The dry bath is exceptional with a seperate shower, large vanity and a large cabinet. the large frig/freezer is very nice. Loads of storage areas includina a large basement storage drawer. The windows have very nive screen or shade for daytime and night time privacy. This RV gets a lot of attention from onlookers in the campgrounds and for good reason.
- Hugh M Hamilton, Georgia

2021-06-09 2015 Lance Lance 850 View Listings

I bought my 2015 955 truck camper spring of 2017.First problem was basically all door and cabinet slides hinges latches Ect. had to be replaced or repaired to small of screws holding them in place or just not quality for the application. Then the slide out problems started showing up. The Seal on the bottom rolled up into a ball under the pull out slides and jammed the slide half in half out. The remote for the jacks and slide is the worst remote I have ever seen to change the batterie (is a not always available) you must take 4 vary small screws out after two times the screws are striped and will not remove. Now after just 4 years of use ( 6-8 times per year on weekends) the frame around the slide out is cracked. This causes the slide out to drop 4 to 6 inches and jams in the out position. So far I have tried to contact Lance with no return phone call or e-mail. Estimated cost of repair from local repair shop 2 - 5 grand
- Darren Kroells, Minnesota

2021-06-04 2019 Lance Lance 975 View Listings

I have owned 3 truck campers over the years. All have been made by Lance. The 975 has the back door, dry bath, large frig/freezer, All Seasons camper. I like it better than the model 1172 and it is not as heavy.
- Hugh M Hamilton, Georgia

2021-05-25 2020 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

Do not buy Lance Travel Trailers! Quality is poor, price is high, and support is abysmal. Bought a brand new 2020 Lance 1995. Slide out didn’t work was later recalled. Stove had gas leak, was later recalled (still not fixed). A/C never worked (had independent technician fix unsupported by warranty). Worst investment we’ve ever made.
- Rebecca Mehringer, Oregon

2021-05-24 2016 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Excellent quality. Made in California. One of the best travel trailers in the market. Easy towing. Total comfort, first class interior. Large capacity with 1 slide out. 45 gallon fresh water and waste water tanks. 4 season rating.
- Robert Strell, British Columbia

2021-05-04 2020 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

Parkview is good at sales but don’t expect a very good service. They had my RV for 6 months and they are not will to do anything for me except said they would clean it , check for gas leaks, and drain the antifreeze. No apology or anything else. Blame Lance due to Covid-19 but lance was open the whole time. I called Lance to find out. This was a brand new trailer. The first time I picked it up it was dirty. That should have given me a fed flag. I would never recommend this dealer to anyone. When I asked to talk to the manager they said they would call never did. They are good at not telling the true
- Fred Walters, Pennsylvania

2021-04-08 2018 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

Good small travel trailer. Better quality than most brands. Easy to pull with a 1/2 ton V8 truck. Very well insulated and cooled. Larger tank sizes than comparable size travel trailers. Space saving murphy bed.
- Brian, Alabama

2021-04-01 2021 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We went camping for the first time with our new Lance 1685, and in the first two weeks, I've never had more problems than any product I've ever bought in my life. I've had to reset the heater at least 10 times, with cold nights before I read the manual and called the dealer to find where the reset switch is inside a panel. The cable TV does not get the park cable service, only the antenna, but get park cable after I rewired it through the satellite coaxial cable, which means the splitter is probably hooked up wrong. The hot water heater worked right at first but does not work now at all no on gas or electric, and resetting the whole power system does not help. Dealer had me check everything, no hot water. It's more like Fix-It-Again-Tony FIAT than Lance, poor quality. Dealer says to call Lance regarding the warranty. I'm so disappointed.
- Robert Taylor, California

2021-03-28 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

This is our second Lance. We are in the process of upgrading to a model 2465. We are very happy with are campers. They are lite weight and are easy to pull. The electric jacks make it very easy to set up. The interior is very functional. The details are beautifully made. Like anything today you get what you pay for the quality shows! There is also plenty of storage inside and outside. The queen bed is great! We added a pillow top it's very comfortable and there is plenty of space around to walk. The camper is a 4-season which keeps all the holding tanks from freezing when you go camping late season a great feature. The bottom of the camper is all sealed you won't get any critters nesting for the winter either! The other thing that I liked is the material that it is made of will not rot or mildew like some other campers on the market today That is why my wife and I love our lance. If you want quality this is a great camper to own!
- Bill Milette, Connecticut

2021-03-26 2017 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

This is my wife and I 2nd Lance.We upgraded to a model 1985 we bought it brand new. We went from a single axle model 1575 to a dual axle. This tows better and is easier to back up. This model also has the largest bathroom and closet space for storage. The other reason is the 4-season package it is well insulated for colder weather. The bed is a queen we added a pillow top it made a big difference very comfortable for sleeping. We only used it in the summer two or three times a year it a great camper very comfortable easy to set up. We don't smoke. We are retired kids all grown up. The reason we are selling we are upgrading again to a newer model lance that we ordered it will be in early summer can't wait. Lance makes a beautiful and very functional camper well worth it!
- Bill Milette, Connecticut

2021-03-07 2020 Lance Lance 2445 View Listings

The Lance is rock solid and has great back bones. We pulled it 17k miles across the country and really enjoyed it. It still feels new and is very safe. We would buy a Lance again. Our kids enjoy the oversized bunkbeds a lot.
- Marc, South Carolina

2021-02-25 2019 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Our Lance 1575 has been with the dealer for warranty repairs more than we’ve owned it. Premium brand, premium price, lousy quality and lousy service. Our four season camper has become a no season camper. If there was a lemon law for campers we would exercise that option and get rid of it. Sky light leak lead to roof problems, stove top burners fell apart, power awning was installed incorrectly, big ass fan fell apart. Kitchen faucet broke on first trip, outside shower had poor water pressure, refrigerator had loose wiring. Enough already. Going on 4 months in the shop and have no idea when repairs will be done. Look elsewhere.
- Andy Williams, Colorado

2021-02-19 2021 Lance Lance 2185 View Listings

we bought this trailer to tow behind our full sized SUV with the hitch weight weight of 755# would have been just fine. after we took delivery found the hitch weight to be 1100#! this company is hiding real weight because at 1100# they would never sell any of this model. They are very hard to communicate with and cant get any warranty parts for a broken crankout window mech. they must be going under soon. met other Lance owners who are also frustrated with after sale help.
- louis howard, Florida

2021-02-16 2020 Lance Lance 1575 View Listings

Bought a 2020 1575. We liked four things the floor plan that expands to fit 4 people, the use of Azdel (I hated the smell of Luon in my old RV), it is a 4 season camper and the light weight of the unit BUT we have had nothing but problems. ALL 4 roof vents leak (1 badly enough that we aren't able to use our trailer), the frame around slide out popped off, the awning motor was dead when we got it, the slide stopped working on fay 1 and we needed someone to come fix it as it was stuck open, the door strut broke after just 3 days of using it, the heater/hotwater heater malfunctions, and cabinet doors have ripped right out with minimal use. The fuacet had to be changed im bathroom and there was a broken pipe fitting on the kitchen sink, and the faucet leaks. Did I mention that we bought this new at the end of 2020. My Forest River Patriot NEVER had problems like this and they were always easy repairs. Yeah its great to tow and really fits my family well but what good is a TT that doesn't work? Leaking roofs and broken slides render TT unusable, we can live with a broken appliance and have had no issue in repairing our old RV but these leaks/slide problems are coming from what I think is the result of improper installation and/or warped and broken frames.
- Lal, Wisconsin

2021-02-09 2019 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Overall we are pleased with the Lance camper. The storage space is great, inside and out. The tank sizes have worked out great. The front window started to leak. We feel that the inside gasket was installed improperly. We reached out to the company, but there was no acknowledgement of that being a possibility. The gasket ends meet at the top of the window and that doesn't make sense. So, of course, it is out of warranty now, so we are paying for the gaskets and thankfully we can do the repairs ourselves. Also the power jack, we didn't know that the plastic cover on top of controls would be so flimsy that in just two years, disintegrate, and contacting the manufacturer, you cannot get a replacement piece of plastic, that would probably cost about $1.00, you would have to replace the entire jack. That makes no sense.
- Lisa Evans, North Carolina

2021-02-05 2020 Lance Lance 2075 View Listings

camped in trailer twice, molding falling off wall, dinette table broke, AC cover on roof falling off needs replaced, in-command system went out. Local dealer fixed in-command system, part came from ASA Electronics, still waiting on other parts from Lance been 4 weeks and still haven't shipped.
- Dave, Oregon

2020-12-27 2006 Lance Lance 851 Max View Listings

We have owned our Lance since new. Using a truck camper has the versatility to tow or remove and have a standard vehicle to service rather than an expensive RV. This unit has superior quality and design. The slide includes the fridge and dinette leaving the entire size of the trucks bed as floor space. The forward restroom is also a great space saver. As with all standard RV the roof is the issue. A new one was required and the skylight was closed to keep less opening for future leaks. Otherwise no problems. This is the best unit we have seen to date and compared to others there's no comparison.
- Timothy, California

2020-11-16 2020 Lance Lance 2295 View Listings

This is not the same company as the origional Lance which put out a great product. Suffice it to say it is a disapointment. We have had water leaks, water heater that is to hot and no way to turn it down. Door way to stiff. TV and entertainment center lacking a place for the Sat receiver. Had a 2000 lance camper and never had an issue
- Jim Hinson, Nevada

2020-11-13 2021 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We saved and spent a lot of money ($45,000) on a 2021 Lance 1685. Sadly, it is a major disappointment and I regret the purchase. While Lance has some thoughtful features, the overall quality is lacking and after a mere three months of ownership it is headed back to the dealer for what may be a major repair. Specifically, the Schwinteck drives for the slide out are hopelessly out of sync and the slideout is useless. After doing some research, it appears to be a number of possible causes. One dealer with whom I spoke said that he had seen seven cases of this in just the last few months. Apparently, it is a defective Z bracket and/or H column. The sensor module indicates a short within the circuitry. In addition to this, screws fall out, the wallpaper in the bathroom is coming apart and there is a notorious propensity for the windows and door to fly open during travel. I spoke with the "national service manager" for Lance and he pointed out that, as a new trailer owner, I should expect these things. (It's my fault they make a faulty product.) Anyway, I'll be camping in my $200 tent while my $45,000 trailer is in the shop awaiting hard to get parts.
- Tony Zinnanti, California

2020-11-07 2017 Lance Lance 2285 View Listings

I bought the 2285 brand new tv had to be replaced after 4 months stereo system did not work properly. Then the skylight started leaking and caused roof material to come loose. Who makes a flat roof on an all weather Rv? Spells trouble!
- Robert Smith, Washington

2020-10-31 2019 Lance Lance 2375 View Listings

I bought this 2375 in Feb. 2019. First heater sail switch replaced, kitchen ceiling vent leaked very badly also bathroom vent.fridge turns off when traveling.Front window shattered. Awning was too low when they fixed it,it came back with holes.in it. Water heater wiring burned up, replaced water heater. Toilet foot pedal broke, replaced toilet. The vinyl on the J lounge and cussions at table has peeled (never saw that before). Water pump don't work. Range burner came off screws fell out. All in all it's junk. I would tell anyone thinking of Lance, don't do it. Also Lance doesn't return calls. They don't stand behind their product.
- james walker, Arizona

2020-10-26 2020 Lance Lance 2465 View Listings

As a family we looked at all travel trailers starting with Airstream. Figured we would find something there and our search would be over. Problem was not enough room for a family of four on how we live in our space. Came across Lance and really liked the construction and features included. Really liked the full-size bunks for the kids and the room to navigate when the slide was out. It’s a solid travel trailer. I had an issue and called Lance directly they knew exactly what the issue was and how to resolve it. Things are going to happen on any rig. It is to be expected. No different than taking care of your own home. I have had no problems that I could not manage and I would highly recommend Lance to anyone who is looking for a significant upgrade from what’s out there.
- Tim Stamos, Florida

2020-10-13 2020 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

Bought the trailer brand new in May of this year. Did a lot of research and picked Lance due to their reputation of being high quality. After minimal use the slide out mechanism broke in August and dealer has had the trailer ever since. Dealer is unable to get the parts from Lance to fix what should be a standard component. Why this high quality trailer broke after only a few months of use is a whole different question. If you call Lance all you get is parts on order parts on order. It has been parts on order for almost 2 months.
- Mike, California

2020-10-05 2017 Lance Lance 1995 View Listings

We do love the floor plan but found watching TV on the bed was uncomfortable and haven't found a good pillow yet to fit the shape. The heater sail switch has failed and could have been a huge problem and costly had we not been able to YOUTUBE and troubleshoot the problem. It ended up just wiping off the sail switch and it worked. Funny thing was our travel neighbors also have a fairly new trailer and it happened to them as well! Beware of the sail switch. The water pump leaks and therefore constantly runs. Awning had a problem as well - caps fly off so remember to secure them!
- Laurie G, California