KZ Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (81)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2021-04-30 2019 KZ Escape Mini 181KS View Listings

I bought one on 1/26/19.the biggest mistake ever.it has been in the shop work on 5 times.thr awing the hot water heater the plumbing.i haven't took it any where that things with it has gone wrong.the company that makes it had done terrible workmanship every.and the camper it self comes apart in your hands.shame on this company.for ripping me off.please don't buy anything from them you will be like me.wishing you never have
- Darlene gainey, North Carolina

2021-04-28 2019 KZ Escape Mini 181KS View Listings

Stay away from escape mini I brought 2019 escape and it hasn't been nothing but trouble.it been work on more than I have had a chance to enjoy it.5 times on the awing.by the way camper in in mocksville has had it 2 weeks.and I found out today.they got the arms but no motor.they don't know when it will be fix.pumpling 2 hot water heater 2.it is so bad that I'm planning on let it be repo.i hate to f up my criet.but I'm tried of paying for a camper that I can't use.
- Darlene gainey, North Carolina

2021-04-27 2018 KZ Spree Escape E191BH View Listings

We have really enjoyed this RV. We have had no issues at all. There was a factory recall on an awning part, so we took it to the Dealer and they fixed it promptly with no problem. The unit tows fine with a 1/2 ton Toyota. We are thankful we got the leveler hitch with anti sway break. Our grand kid are getting to old to want to go with us so we downsized to a small 5 th wheel and are selling our bunkhouse. Only complaint is the outdoor kitchen is too high to use comfortably. I need a short step stool to cook. Great trailer for the price.
- Jim Wright, Texas

2021-04-19 2018 KZ Sportsmen 271BHLE View Listings

We love this RV. We haven’t had any real issues. The caps come off of the back bumper, so we had to duct tape them on. And the out door kitchen is to high for short people to use easily. We needed to stand on 4X4s to cook comfortably. The master bed is easy to get around. We put a 1.5 in. egg carton pad on the mattress for extra comfort. Had no problem with any appliances. Our grandchildren are getting to old to go with us, so we got a small 5th wheel for the two of us. We had a smaller bumper pull with tip out beds on both ends first, we like the bunkhouse much better.
- Jim Wright, Texas

2021-03-26 2019 KZ Connect C241BKH View Listings

The RV is great if you have children with two full sized bunk beads in the back and the upgraded A/C system that cools down the RV within 30 minutes. The floor plan is perfect and just enough room for a family to relax and enjoy the outdoors. The outdoor gas stovetop and electric fridge help bring the living quarters to the outside with a clean retractable awning. The rear of the camper has a storage rack for the coolers and extra curricular activities you may enjoy.
- Joshua Wagner, Florida

2021-03-20 2019 KZ Escape Mini 181UD View Listings

I brought my escape minni Jan 26 2019.And I have had nothing but trouble with it.anf I got the paperwork to proud it.the awing is in campers inn now for the fourth time.the reg has been in there twice.hot water heater twice.it is the worse thing I brought.i can't depend on it.and quality isn't wroth the almost 20 thousand I'm paying for.save your money and get a better quality camper.cause my haven't been nothing but trouble.and again I got all my paperwork.i wouldn't be on here if I didn't
- Darlene Gainey, North Carolina

2021-03-09 2021 KZ Sportsmen LE 291RKLE View Listings

Took delivery of 2021 sportsmen le 291rkle on January 29th 2021 , well pleased with coach , seems well built and so far no issues except for the led light strip above slide out was not working simple fix , parts arrived to dealer within one week . Have used coach twice since and so far no other issues .
- David, Arkansas

2021-01-27 2012 KZ Spree View Listings

Rv is very clean. Uses window units...2 included. Propane heats water and other appliances. Currently located on a lot 525 a month in FT Worth. Needs to be moved unless you pay for lot rental. One person used and well maintained.
- Diana Fambro, Texas

2021-01-09 2016 KZ Spree Connect 250BHS View Listings

We bought our 2016 KZ 250bhs brand new in 2016 and have used it a ton. The first we we did about 15 trips total and pulled it around 1000 miles or so.about the same in year 2 and 3. The camper pulles great with my 1500 ram. We have never had a single issue with this camper.. I mean none. From day 1 to today this camper has been hassle free. We back it in and it's set up within minutes. It has been a joy to own and camp in. Unfortunately we have outgrown it and will be upgrading. I will be sad to see it go. KZ seems to have built this unit very well!
- James Lyle, Ohio

2020-12-04 2015 KZ Spree Connect 250BHS View Listings

We purchased our RV new from a camper show. I was super excited to get this RV and start camping at different parks. The RV has little to no storage, and the finishes are cheap. We were having a problem with the roof two years ago when we were told that there was a 10 year warranty on the roof that was a lie. The roof is splitting on the sides and needs to be replaced. You would think a company like KZ would stand behind their products, but they do not. I would not recommend a KZ camper to anyone. We are now having the roof replaced and after we will sell it and buy a Grand Design.
- Karen Willis, Virginia

2020-11-07 2017 KZ Spree Connect 241RLK View Listings

We love our trailer! No issues since we have had it for 3 years! Great cabinet space! Bathroom is prefect space! Tows well. We stack our corn hole on the back rack with firewood! Plenty of storage below for everything you could possibly need!
- comunk9, Georgia

2020-10-23 2015 KZ Vision 19RB View Listings

We bought this new in 2015. Very nice quality, excellent room for a small trailer, especially the rear bathroom. We love the cabinet style. The only issues have been keeping the exterior clean, a few screw pops on the back bottom metal strip, and after 5 years, the water drip plastic piece cracked and we got water in. That was easily fixed. Overall, it has held up very well with minor problems.
- Jim, Pennsylvania

2020-10-21 2020 KZ Sportsmen 301BHKLE View Listings

We have become a digital nomad because of the Pandemic. We have been living in the 301 BHKLE full time for 6 months. So far the quality has been "near" perfect. No major issues or defects. We are extremely happy with the quality, functionality and overall livability of the trailer. Small-small issues: 1. Bathroom fan stopped working correctly after 5 months - will be a $20 repair 2. Replace one 12v LED light above dinnette - $15 3. Nothing else !!! Its been a wonderful experience Upgrades we made: 1. Above bed shelf - 6 small bins from target !! 2. Put some shelves in one of the wardrobe closet for bins of clothes instead of hanging 3. Put locking lift arm on the bed storage to hold it up 4. Cutting board added to end of counter 5. Storage/Foot stool for couch area 6. small shelves on the side of the master bed 7. cup holders on each side of couch and master bed 8. Arc shower rod for more room in shower 9. tooth brush and stuff holder for bath 10. magnifying mirror in bath 11. small towel holder in bath 12. Put hinges and finger holes to lift board under dinnette 13. Added angle brace to dinette seating that is against the couch to prevent the thin structure boards from cracking 14. Extra coat hooks on bench near the door.
- Glenn Catarious, Pennsylvania

2020-10-19 2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 160QB View Listings

KZ 180QB.2017. Good for a couple. Quality goes with the price, on the low side. Good layout, no issues, except Norcold fridge broke and had to be replaced. It rides very low to the ground, the dealer reversed the axle to give it better road clearance. Big issue is the low carrying capacity of around 500 pounds. Once you have gas bottles, batteries, some water in the tanks (heater and freash), there is little room for anything else. KZ also state that the GVWR of 3500 pounds, includes people when stationary. This pretty much means you are always overloaded.
- RV Travels, Nova Scotia

2020-10-11 2019 KZ Sportsman 364BH View Listings

I like that the living room is spacious and that the kitchen is separate from the living room. Didn’t have it for a month and one of the kitchen chairs broke. The microwave had to be replaced. This year we had to have the furnace repaired and it is only a year old. The piece of wall above the slide out is buckling. I think it is stupid that when you walk into the bedrooms to turn the light on the first switch is the slide out button not the light switch. The camper is on a permanent spot so the only time you have to use the slide outs is in the spring and fall. I don’t like that if you want the light on above the sink you have to turn all the lights on in the living area. The table must just be painted to look like wood because it is wearing off. Don’t get me wrong, I really do like the camper there are just somethings that should have been done differently.
- Patricia Ressler, Pennsylvania

2020-09-20 2020 KZ Sportsmen LE 292RLLE View Listings

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE CAMPER. Bought in April nothing but trouble. Furnace didn't work, finally got it fixed in September. Wiring is not right so air conditioning didn't work when furnace was fixed. Spliter for satellite was crushed in the wall, no cable wire in the wall to even hookup the satellite. Latch on bathroom vanity latch broke. Mattress hard as a rock. I am sure we will find more, if we don't get rid of it soon. Won't buy this brand again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
- Patty smith, Missouri

2020-09-13 2012 KZ Spree 261RKS View Listings

Have loved this RV. Lots of storage, very comfortable floor plan. Lived in unit for 3 months - 2 adults and a small dog. Camper is parked on concrete drive next to house when not camping. Husband regularly checks tires, bearings, caulking, etc. Husband is retired firefighter and is meticulous about the maintenance.
- Brenda Kellogg, Virginia

2020-09-11 2015 KZ Spree MC250BHS View Listings

Comfortable floor plan. Favorite part is the out door kitchen. Tows easy. No Warranty Issues. Plenty of under trailer storage. Beds are comfortable. AC and heat work great. Great choice. Would buy this model again.
- Kelly Berry, Texas

2020-08-09 2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180BH View Listings

I have completed a number of long trips with no major issues. The only problem was the Norcold fridge stopped working and had to be replaced. Concerns are: Capacity is very low, unless you are travelling very light, this is not the trailer for you. Trailer is very low to the ground, we had to invert the axle to give us better ground clearance. KZ customer service either do not respond (if they don't like the question) or give general answers (sometime seemingly misleading). Nevertheless,this trailer has served us well and has given us some great memories.
- RV Travels , Ontario

2020-07-29 2019 KZ Connect 281BH View Listings

I bought a new KZ Connect in May of 2109. Within 1 month the silicon around the kitchen sink failed and the counter top delamanated. The bulb seal along the slide out is dry rotting and cracking. The slide out also leaks into the main cabin if you get caught driving in the rain. I have severe delamanation on the sidewall and rear wall which KZ just informed me that they will not warranty. The silicon is failing all over the unit, inside and out. DO NOT BUY ANY KZ PRODUCT! Very poorly constructed.
- Tim Harris, Colorado

2020-07-12 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 261RLLE View Listings

Very poor manufacturing quality, beware. Started out finding the power in connection labeled 50a but was 30a,black and gray water was mislabeled, Vinyl Trim Insert around slide out window was not fitted properly and shrunk up over 2 inches which I had to purchase and replace myself. Bench seat at the dining table fell through and had to be put back together and reinforced myself. Shower floor had to be reinforced. USB port did not work but 2 times, I replaced it. Worse yet I had to have the siding stapled, as it was separating from the frame and we found that 90% of it was not even stapled on. Problems are seeming ongoing. We contacted KZ numerous times and their response was fruitless. We will continue our complaints and further review.
- Bill B, Wyoming

2020-07-06 2015 KZ Spree Connect 290IKS View Listings

Bought a trailer brand new and the trailer was having issues from day one. Took it back many times to have issues fixed. Once it was off warranty found a major issue with the trailer caused by some one cutting corners at the factory. Contacted them and was told trailer is off warranty not our problem. Will never buy another unit from them until issues are fixed
- Kyle.sharp, Alberta

2020-06-21 2010 KZ Sportsmen 14RK View Listings

It’s nice for people who want to stay small but keep all the luxury’s of a larger camper. I have a full size truck so it’s like it’s not there. The bed is comfortable for myself my wife and our 2 dogs it’s a bit tight but it will work. Here’s the bad and for me it’s real bad. The camper sits so low to the ground that it is hard to drain your grey and black tanks. We have the side Winder to keep a nice slope for the “water” to drain out of, BUT it is so low to the ground that I can’t use it so the drainage hose is flush with the ground and it will just sit unless you pick it up and drain it. Good news is you can lift the camper 5-6 inches so it is higher and that should do the trick. It also drags bumper if your not careful. It’s a nice little camper amazing for a beginner who is solo or a couple with no kids/1 young kid. I love our camper but if I were to go back I’d buy something else because it would be easier.
- Mitch, New York

2020-06-20 2012 KZ Sportsmen Classic 16BH View Listings

We tented, and purchased are first RV second hand 3 years ago. We loved the layout and liveability of the KZ 19BH for 2 people. We spend 6 weeks in Florida State parks in the Winter and 6 weeks in Provincial State parks in the summer. We travel thousands of miles each year. Trailer is stored on our property in a portable storage shed in the off season. PROS: I debated whether to give 5 star or 0 star to factory support because we never needed them. The trailer has worked well the entire time we owned it. This is a great thing, so I gave it 5 stars. Trailer pulls easily, the size is perfect to enjoy camping in Nature, easier to get campsites as larger sites are booked by larger rigs and usually difficult, if not impossible to reserve. We prefer camping in trees and dirt versus paved RV Pad in a trailer parks. The 19BH has adequate living space for 2 people, rear bunks are useful for occasional visits from grand-children, and double as additional storage when they are not there. Never leaked, all appliances worked very well and never needed servicing the entire time we had it. The exterior washes easily with hose and a bit of soapy water. Servicing electrical panel, accessing the water lines to winterize the trailer and checking the heater, all easy access under back bunk and room to work on the them without having to be a circus acrobat. CONS- why we are moving into a different trailer: First, this trailer is quite liveable for 2 adults and the occasional visit of 2 children, but because we often have our grand-children for 2 to 3 weeks, we found the space to be insufficient as the storage of all the extra stuff needed was a pain, there is just not enough space. Secondly, we are getting older, so climbing over each other to get in or out of the Queen Bed is no longer fun. Opting to find a trailer with Queen bed that we can walk around has gained in importance. Third, I am so tired of converting the dinette area from our bed to a sitting area when it rains to sit and hang out. We mostly eat outside, so we didn't think this would be a problem, but after 3 years, I want a dinette. Mechanically, the only problem we ever had was the drain under the sink. Pipes became loose and water seeped out. They now need to be regularly tighten to avoid water under the counter. Probably needs to go in for servicing so they could re-seal them. We also tired of opening and closing the awning manually. We will be looking for a power awning on the next one. However the awning is great, if you're young, it is easy to put up and pull down, and it has lasted 8 years without breaking so the quality is there. The only other 'complaint' I have is that the size of the Waste Water tank is small so we need to dump regularly when we are camping in parks without full hook-ups. (For us, this is always the case) If I am very conservative with water usage, wash dishes outside and use the bathroom only when I must, we could go 3 days without having to empty the tanks. But if I wasn't careful, the tanks would fill in a day. Our next trailer will have a bigger reservoir, I believe on the KZ 19BH is 15 gallons. It is very small. Overall, I loved the KZ Sportman Classic and will be buying a KZ sportsmen 19foot trailer to replace this one. Same size, simply with a different floor plan and higher end. This one was a great starter model to figure out what we needed to be comfortable, without spending a lot of money. I can now upgrade using knowledge of what's important to us.
- Linda Knisley, Ontario