KZ Sportsmen Reviews on RV Insider (12)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ Sportsmen RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mike & Marlene from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 KZ Sportsmen S331BH View Listings

We love our new camper. The floor plan is everything we wanted. The quality is not that great. The one thing we hate is the mattress. Had to go out and buy another one. You would think that the price you pay that there would be better mattresses. Over all we are happy Campers.
- Mike & Marlene, Michigan

2020-02-19 2019 KZ Sportsmen 302BHK View Listings

In May of 2019 me and my family purchased a kz sportsmen 302bhk fifth wheel. everything was great at first. as experienced rv people know that the first year of a new rv can have some challenges. but now that its Feb. of 2020 my rv has been at the dealer service shop since Jan. no repairs have been done to it due to kz manufacturing denying responsibility. the problems are... first month a piece of paneling buckled loose, and the awning was coming loose from the side of the rv. within the first six months the mdf boards that have a synthetic film over them to simulate real wood in the outdoor kitchen started to swell due to the outdoor fridge defrosting and leaking while your towing it down the road. this fridge is not on an inverter so it only stays cold when the rv is plugged in. and there is more paneling coming loose on the inside of the outdoor kitchen as well. and as for a safety concern the trailer bucks very badly. as I was pulling it I had my wife take a video of the hitch and its lifting up so high that its picking my truck hitch up. I brought this to kz manufacturing's attention and they said it was normal but what I find funny is, while mine is being repaired there was another guy who had the same 302bhk as me and the bucking on his caused his trailer tongue to break and his entire front end to come apart. now to tell yall about the HEALTH CONCERN, my rv and the the guys with the broken tongue both have mold growing inside of the slides. this rv is a bunk house model and the bunk house is where my one year old baby girl sleeps. every time we went camping, very shortly after we had to take my little girl to the doctor due to her being ill. come to find out after several months of dealing with this and almost 5000.00 in doctor bills and one er visit, the doctors ran test for symptoms of mold and they linked to being exposed to heavy amounts of mold spores. so in my case iv hired a lawyer. out of owning 4 other rvs, this manufacturer is a big waste of time and money.
- chris bruton, Texas

2020-02-13 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

Since day one this unit has given us issues, floor was ripped out because of a screw in dinette, adhesive paper on all cabinets warped, kitchen sink always loose and not properly caulked, outdoor kitchen warped due to caulking not installed around sink properly, the bathroom black water gauge has never read properly always reads 1/2, the roof flapped over 13 months into ownership insurance stated it was a warranty issue, warranty stated its not.the decals outside of unit have all peeled, screw are always falling out of the exterior bottom trim,unit was in out of shop, nothing was fixed, during the year warranty, extended warranty is a bigger joke.meam while no one is owning up to this lemon. It was made cheap, not sold cheap. Be careful when buying , what the salesman fails to tell you it that even minor repairs could keep your unit in repair shop for months. Theres just not enough time or space to adress my experience with this unit This adds up, prevents full access and usage of your unit. If your like me aNd cant afford to leave it in shop long periods of time due to travel etc, you will be screwed. As warranty will ride out.I. Feel as if they intentionally do this to ride out the repairs,warranty and costs out of pocket. My advice buy an older unit,new ones are not made like they used to be. I handmade numerous attempts to get this resolved, I have yet recieved a response.
- Blanca Roberts , Texas

2020-01-21 2020 KZ Sportsmen 251RL View Listings

OK- This is my second KZ and my first fifth wheel trailer. Had an MXT toy hauler that worked OK for one person and a H-D. Now we are two so on to a larger unit. I got the Sportsmen because, for one, it is light and tow-able with my half ton. We are content for now but I will say here, I wish I had bought Grand Design. Here is why: 1. I trusted my dealer assertions on insulation. The Climate Package decal is nice but that is all. There is No Climate Package!!! The bed is above the hitch and stays cold all the time. 2.The heat ducts for bed and bath may as well not exist. They do not convey heat. 3.The entire unit is drafty all the time. The walls and windows condense moisture at outside temps below 50 F. There Will Be water damage from this moisture. 4.The "heated pass through" is not heated. And it is poorly finished and rough. 5. Propane consumption requires an additional electric heat source. 6. The digital Device Control is a pain. 7. The drawers are short and do not accommodate utensils. 8. Waste tanks are not heated. KZ has put perfume on a pig with fancy lighting, funky fireplace and a stainless sink. They clearly do not have an interest in quality construction. The expensive theater seating is not anchored and slides around almost at will. We needed a rear hitch so for a bunch more money the dealer put one on. Problem is, it's 27 inches off the ground. It will require a custom minimum 15 inch drop ball mount if I can use it at all. That being said, the living space is adequate for two. I think we can get around the faults until I can move up to a Grand Design Reflections. We have lived in this for one month so we will learn more and perhaps have a different view going forward. In the campgrounds we see many Grand Design and almost no KZ; 10 to 1. That is a statement in itself.
- Larry S. Budzien, Wisconsin

2019-09-09 2000 KZ Sportsmen 2465 View Listings

Lived in this model for quite some time. It was very good for a couple. Can seem kind of tight some times but very livable with one pet. The rear ET center made it nice. could use more space in the BR area. But overall I would give 4 stars. But would be the ultimate bachelor's pad with a little updating.
- Mike S, Alabama

2019-09-06 2019 KZ Sportsmen 251RL View Listings

Our new 5th wheel in 6 months has taken all the joy out of camping that we’ve done in the last 25 years. Absolutely junk! Our 1993 Terry Resort was camped in for 25 years with no issues. This one let me tell you what we’ve experienced so far: Axle blew out due to the crap self adjusting brakes they put on because they don’t adjust and cause you to run down the road with the brakes on until the axle blows. Left us stranded 8 hours from home for 2 weeks. Plugged toilet twice. Waiting for a plumber as we speak because it won’t unplug even though we’ve used RV toilet paper and the dealers recommended toilet disposal liquid. Sawdust has to swept every time you get to your location. Table extension doesn’t work. No air flow for air to the bathroom or bedroom. DO NOT BUY A KZ product you’ll regret it. Dealer and KZ rep not helpful.
- Jack Kirk, Michigan

2019-08-20 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

I would tell anybody to never ever purchase a KZ camper. My first camper was a Dutchmen and I thought there could never be a worse camper !! I was wrong !! KZ is the worst possible camper you can purchase. We have a 2018 KZ 231 BLHE. At 14 months old, and we only used it 4 times, the outside kitchen sink drain came apart and soaked everything causing $1800.00 damage. KZ would not back the damage and said the warranty expired at 12 months!! Don't EVER buy a KZ product !!! I'm not the only one to have this problem I recently found out !!!!
- John Phillips, Pennsylvania

2019-08-14 2018 KZ Sportsmen 271LE View Listings

Would not buy again, I know it wasn’t the greatest quality, but cheap and poor designed. The area around sink coming apart, caulking did not hold, couch has no middle piece so anyone 6’5 , 250 lbs. is going to bend it, ceiling over pull out bubbling, tried to say water damage, there is none, walls in bunk area bubbled. Fittings on outside sink broke, trying to find new one, two non skid strips on stairs, should be three, two kids slipped going out on a wet day, hurt backs. When we called all we got was you only had a one year warranty, well there’s a reason for that, things start falling apart after that. Take some time and look for something a little better made, and spend the extra money on a good camper, because this is not it!,,
- Betty archilles, Maine

2018-09-30 2013 KZ Sportsmen 331BH View Listings

Awesome camper. Unique design. Roomy compared to our old camper. Never had to use warranty services as never had any problems with it. There’s lots of storage and the camper is very nice for the money. We’ve paid more for other campers with less features before.
- Dorothy , New York

2016-03-30 2016 KZ Sportsmen 327VLK View Listings

The overall experience with this RV is Excellent. The floor plan is very convenient and works well for many campers. The bunkhouse and master bedroom are situated on opposite sides for privacy, which is very important. The kitchen island makes plenty of room for cooking and storage. The outside cook center is a big plus, not only for you but also for other campers. The awning is equipped with a new wind feature that allows it to retract in the event of strong winds to prevent breaking. I love this model and would recommend it for any camper, experienced or not!
- Karen McColley, Michigan

2016-02-27 2012 KZ Sportsmen 272BH View Listings

Dependable, good travel trailer. It's been through two North Dakota winters. Furnace works great, well designed, shower works nicely. Possible grill mount on back side of trailer, never used awning, and wishing I would have been able to use for hunting trip.
- Elijah Murphy, Montana

2015-02-12 2003 KZ Sportsmen 2857 View Listings

This is a great 5th wheel for either short or long haul with its light weight and ease of movement with the short wheel base I have enjoyed hauling and set up of this RV
- Richard L Jones, Florida