KZ Durango Gold Reviews on RV Insider (9)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ Durango Gold RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Charles Burton from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Durango Gold 382MBQ View Listings

To date I have been trying to convey the severity of the problems with my unit. I have taken it to three dealers and they won't touch it and state send it back to the factory. After 8 months I finally got the factory to pick it up. We sent detailed pictures of issues from poor quality Assembly materials and a list of the problems. This unit expands and contracts so much from week to week twisting and pulling itself apart. From door frames that no longer fit or close to slides that one can see daylight. The wood work chips from normal use and there is not a straight cabinet door in the unit. From weekend to weekend over the summer I was noting things changing in the unit, swollen trim bulging from the wall to slides sagging and no longer appearing square, the bathroom mirror fell off the wall. when talking to the Support at KZ it took weeks to convince them of the extreme issues with this unit and when it got looked at by them it is all downplayed like there is no issue. My fear is the unit comes back with the same problems as they just don't seem to understand that when things expand and contract with the kind of movement they continue to do so. A Very disappointed owner of the $80,000 poor quality unit.
- Charles Burton, Wisconsin

2020-09-21 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

This RV is like a home away from home. We pulled it everywhere we wanted to go with our 3/4 ton PU. That is quite a statement for a 41' fifth wheel! This trailer has 5 pop out's, and when set up, it is very comfortable and has the room of an apartment. It never felt cramped, and our family had plenty of room to sprawl out and watch TV, or what ever they wanted to do inside. Lots of storage outside for all your camping equipment and recreational toys. It is best to plan your route and stick to it. This rig is not something you want to drive through the city streets. Trust me I have done this a time or two... We are sad to see it go. Due to our work schedule we have only been able to use it three times, since buying it new. We are moving to AK. and need to downsize our belongings and our RV made the list. The six point leveling system makes it a snap to get set up and ready to use. It takes me about 15 minutes to set up- level and hook up sewer, water, electric and cable. About the same when you get ready to leave. This is going to be a great addition to someone for years to come.
- John Miller, California

2020-07-18 2020 KZ Durango Gold 366FB View Listings

We have taken numerous trips in the 5th and every time we come back something is wrong. Hydraulic went out, leak in bathroom, bed messed up, wall at slide out in main cabin, ... Not a satisfied customer at all!!!
- Connie Nation, Oklahoma

2020-05-10 2016 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF View Listings

This 5th Wheel has been good to us. It has very large living quarters...Very comfortable. It has a high profile..My husband is 6ft 3in. and he had no trouble at all with the height in any one of the rooms. It has 2 in out doors...one by the front kitchen, living, dining area and the other back by the bath, bedroom area...Love having the refrigerator stocked. We bring enough meat and Veggies, in the freezer that we don't have to buy any for 5 plus months. Had many compliments on it. Actually it is a beautiful home away from. with the electric awning over the carpet mat (9x18 ft) that will come with it, makes a nice extra living space...We have been gentle on her, we only went back and forth to Fl. with her and only used her 5 month each time the rest of the time she is parked on a cement pad in Ohio.
- Joan Gibbons, Ohio

2020-05-06 2016 KZ Durango Gold 380FLF View Listings

We purchased our 2016 G380FLF in June of 2016 and have had nothing but problems with it since we purchased this fifth wheel. First thing is the self leaving doesnt work unless you camper is already level, even when you are only 2% off level it will not work properly, but we over looked that and went on, we had several other problems also but still moved on. Our first major problem that we couldn't move on from was the frame around the front passenger side slide, when we had it in a RV shop for warranty work the guy showed us that the frame was broke and told us we would need to take it back to the dealer we purchased it from to be fixed, so we did and then got the run around that it would not be fixed under warranty and we would need to pay for it, Well that didn't work for us so after several months and emails and phone calls KZ decided they would fix the frame and they did. Now 1 year later and only 4 camping trips the same frame is broken again and KZ wanted us to bring the camper to them (16 hours away, 1069 miles) and the would inspect the camper and our tow vehicle (which is a 2003 dodge 1 ton with air ride and has been 200000 miles hauling nothing but fifth wheel campers) and if they deemed it was the same break from the last repair they might fix it for free but would defiantly fix it at a discount to us and we would need to sign a waiver that if it broke again that KZ would not be responsible. So of course we didn't or haven't taken this to KZ since we have no guaranty that it would be fixed at their cost and they wouldn't pay me to haul it to them (1069 miles one way) The first time this happend we did alot of research on the KZ front Living fifth wheel and found that KZ has had this issue in the past and had to replace or buy back some other fifth wheels, but in our case It seems we are just out of luck in getting our camper repaired unless we want to pay for it our-self (and that is just not fair for anyone) So here we are with a $68,000.00 POS that we cant get KZ to stand behind. So hopefully you get my point? DO NOT purchase a KZ product because even if you purchase the extended warranty like wed did they will not stand behind their product. I almost forgot, KZ doesn't build there frame's, another company does which is LCI, so that make's my problem even worse, dealing with 2 company's.
- Michael Benedict, Texas

2019-11-23 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

Plenty of trailer for anyone towing down the road to a camp spot. Know your route and fueling needs. Best bet is to fuel up with the big rigs. Your not going to pull this baby into your local gas station. Once you get to your spot set up is quick and easy. Wala! You are home away from home with all the amenities.
- John Miller, California

2019-10-27 2017 KZ Durango Gold G353RKT View Listings

We love the Durango Gold G353RKT, it is Very good quality and the fit and finish the best we have had and this is our 4th RV. It is built with Full Time RVer's in mind. The rear kitchen and lots of counter space is the best we have seen in any brand.
- Bert Fletcher, Arizona

2019-08-14 2018 KZ Durango Gold 384RLT View Listings

KZ restored our faith in company and the people that work for them. 5 Stars We had our 5er 1 year and found spongy floor in corner of slideout with separation from wall. Our entry steps were not installed correctly. Slideout also didn’t want to go in or out. Dealer was of course was useless which I’ll not discuss here. Multiple minor issues also. Our first call to KZ was told to bring RV to factory. Every call we made to them was handled professionally and sincerely in a timely manner. On our way to Shipshewana, our trailer brakes went out. We called Dexter who made the axle. They sent 4 new brakes and called someone in our area to put them on. (although it was done incorrectly). We were put up in hotel and called to come look at what they were doing and to make sure we agreed. Dexter also showed up and fixed brake issue. In 3 days everything had been done and more. Everyone at KZ we spoke to, we met in person and was competent, courteous and went out of there way to make sure we were happy. We are!!!
- Joseph Anderson , Florida

2019-04-27 2016 KZ Durango Gold 366FBT View Listings

We wanted to rv full time and researched many rvs and floor plans. This one fit our needs. I truly believe it is a lemon and if I knew how to get the KZ company to take it back I would have it hauled straight to their front office. Besides the worst customer service ever.. we were accused of purposely damaging the unit.. when we took it to the dealer and they found that the back panel was coming loose and the welds on the inside frame were like pieces of bubble gum.. not holding any of the metal frame together, KZ refused to fix it because the warranty was two months expired. How can structural issues not be covered at any time?? And now,thanks to the knowledge and mechanic ability of my son in law, he has found that the axles' bolts are barely holding together. So I feel like we have been driving around a time bomb just waiting to collapse on the highway. Due to owing WAY more than a trade in would give us, we are stuck with it.
- Suzanne McGinnis, Texas