KZ Connect

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ Connect RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2021-09-12 2021 KZ Connect C272FK View Listings

My experience with the KZ C272FK has been frightening, come to find out there is an engineering error causing the tongue weight to be to lite. There is a Safety Recall on this model which was issued months after I bought it so be careful what you buy, you'll get no support from KZ other then whats required by the recall and good luck towing the camper. The recall says the engineering error could result in death, I went sideways down the highway. I asked if they would tow it and exchange it for the same model but without the engineering error. Their response? NO! Tow it yourself and we'll relocate the axles by cutting them from the frame and bolting them reward 7.5" or so.
- Frank, Connecticut

2021-09-06 2021 KZ Connect C272FK View Listings

Due to an "Engineering Error" the C272FK has been recalled. The suggested solution is to move the axles about 7.5" reward. Due to low tongue weight towing the KZC272FK may cause risk of injury or death. I received the Recall Notice but found out the hard way,nearly jacked on the highway. Called KZ, "the warranty doesn't include towing." This is a brand new camper and I'm expected to be okay with their hacking off the axles and bolting the back onto the frame.
- Frank, Connecticut

2021-08-08 2021 KZ Connect C251BHK View Listings

Great travel trailer. Has lots of great options. I love the pullout tubs that go under the u-shaped dinette for easy pull out storage. It had a huge pantry. It has USB charging ports at every bed. It is great to be able to use the fridge while you are traveling to your destination.
- Jonathan, Indiana

2021-07-24 2020 KZ Connect C343BHK View Listings

We purchased our 2020 KZ connect travel trailer in January of 2020. We traveled to Florida and work for the Florida state parks for November through March of 2021. Traveling with this wonderful home was very rewarding and a great experience.It was very easy to live in and keep track of all of our belongings. Towing this large trailer was a blessing in disguise. I achieved anywhere from 11 to 14 miles per gallon with a 2005 Dodge ram 2500 Cummings diesel.
- Larry Brune, Missouri

2021-07-18 2018 KZ Connect 281BH View Listings

JUNK! Just junk. Honestly, I can't believe how poorly this is made. Delamination of outside walls, interior parts just falling off, etc, etc, etc. The awning simply could not be fixed. So, they just hard wired it. After ten times in three years, they just hard wired it and bypassed all the KZ switches. NO, I am not kidding. Run, and I mean run fast. Yes, we thought we got a good deal. Reality, we paid too much because it is a piece of junk. Don't ever buy anything from this manufacturer. Our retailer is going to take this thing off our hands and we are going to replace it with an Outdoors RV. Lesson learned and it is going to cost me. YOU don't have to make the same mistake. Learn from me. Don't be me.
- David, Idaho

2021-06-03 2021 KZ Connect 313MK View Listings

So the trailer has good overall quality and the layout is amazing. However the laundry hookup is in the bedroom but the doorway to the bedroom isn't big enough for any of the available washer/dryer combo units available on the market. So basically without some major disassembly of the camper and laundry unit, you're not getting it in there. I did manage to get mine in there after taking the door and moldings off and taking the laundry machine apart but the laundry closet door don't close. Also the waterless trap was full of pvc glue so it wouldn't have worked correctly if I hadn't taken it apart to check. Its too bad because the camper is so great as far as the layout and most of the features but the laundry situation is a nightmare
- Jep, Massachusetts

2021-05-20 2020 KZ Connect C343BHK View Listings

We love the floor plan of this model especially the storage and room to move around. The outside kitchen is great. The luggage rack on the rear sure comes in handy for hauling extra large objects. It sets up easily and towes very well.
- Larry Brune, Missouri

2021-03-26 2019 KZ Connect C241BKH View Listings

The RV is great if you have children with two full sized bunk beads in the back and the upgraded A/C system that cools down the RV within 30 minutes. The floor plan is perfect and just enough room for a family to relax and enjoy the outdoors. The outdoor gas stovetop and electric fridge help bring the living quarters to the outside with a clean retractable awning. The rear of the camper has a storage rack for the coolers and extra curricular activities you may enjoy.
- Joshua Wagner, Florida

2020-12-07 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

Bought brand new Sept 2019. It stays parked at campground Mar - Nov. This past April My furnace stopped working. I called a guy in campground to come look at it. He said a piece broke off and got lodged in fan and burned motor up. He also said there was water in furnace but not uncommon with the amount of rain we had been getting. Had 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.called dealer and told them problem, they couldn't come look at it there and we didn't want it in shop during camping season so we waited until season ended. Took it Dec 2020. Dealer said furnace full of water. Somebody had to have put water in furnace. I told him several times I came there and water was in kitchen floor in front of furnace. KZ refuses to replace furnace unless I can prove water comes in furnace during hard rain. Sure that's what I wanted to do, pour water in furnace of my brand new camper. No wonder they have 2 year warranty. They blame owner for something instead of investigating how rain water came in. I will never buy another KZ Connect! Horrible customer service. Were not willing to help at all.
- Donna Skeens, Virginia

2020-07-29 2019 KZ Connect 281BH View Listings

I bought a new KZ Connect in May of 2109. Within 1 month the silicon around the kitchen sink failed and the counter top delamanated. The bulb seal along the slide out is dry rotting and cracking. The slide out also leaks into the main cabin if you get caught driving in the rain. I have severe delamanation on the sidewall and rear wall which KZ just informed me that they will not warranty. The silicon is failing all over the unit, inside and out. DO NOT BUY ANY KZ PRODUCT! Very poorly constructed.
- Tim Harris, Colorado

2020-03-03 2018 KZ Connect 261RL View Listings

This RV is built poorly and has had to be in for service on warranty several times. The selling dealer McClains provides horrible service and keeps unit at least 3 months for any warranty repair. KZ had allowed another RV dealer service the unit (RV Guys Valley View) and they were excellent in providing the service needed in a 1-2 week time frame. But now KZ will not allow them to do service warranty and said it has to go back to original dealer. So KZ is not customer oriented after explaining the headaches with MCClains. Overall camper was fair and towed well. Floor plan is good, but customer service from KZ has turned us off from this brand of trailer.
- Dewayne , Texas

2020-02-06 2018 KZ Connect C261RB View Listings

Ordered this model directly from the factory because I couldn't find one on the market. Loved the floorplan! Largest bathroom for this size RV that I could find. I initially bought it to live in after taking a new job too far from our home to commute. Lived in it for 6-months while the wife and I searched for a new home in the area of my new job. It's the perfect size for the two of us (and her small poodle). The only minor problems I had with the trailer (and remember, I was living in it), was the water pump backflow preventer valve failed on me. Since I was living in the unit and wasn't going to pick up and take it into the dealer for service, I contacted KZ and explained them my problem, and they sent me a new water pump. The water pump was a "cinch" to replace. After purchasing our new home, I did take the trailer into the dealership to have a couple of other minor warranty repairs made: a couple lag-bolts fell out of the slider and there was a recall on my awning exterior controller. While there the service department also noticed that the awning needed to be adjusted a little to better stow underway. I have had a great experience with my RV!
- Gerry Herlugson, Georgia

2020-01-04 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

first of all we bought a 2019 kz connect 241rlk took it in for the shower floor to be rebuilt and in the process two holes were poked out the exterior wall,they tried painting it but did not match sanded paint off and wanted to put sticker on it,if kz inc built it right from the beginning this would of never happened.we had to wait over a year for kz to build us another trailer.got new trailer from kz and we had to have shower floor done again,and the bubble in shower leaks,also the cabinets in kitchen every time we stop my pots and pans are on floor.overall the layout is GREAT .
- James, Arizona

2020-01-02 2019 KZ Connect 261RB View Listings

We ordered this camper brand new in 2019 to get the floor plan we wanted. When it arrived at the dealer we went to pick it up and found the brakes weren't working due to over-greasing from the manufacturer. In defense of the dealer, they did replace all four brakes before we could pick it up. During our cross country trip we noticed two deep scratches in the linoleum from the slide-out which was caused by the dinette bench assembly screws being countersunk by a half-inch deeper than they should have been. After our first rainy night we woke up to puddles on the floor in both the kitchen area and the bathroom from defective cracked skylights. Also during our trip while dry camping we could not recharge our batteries using our tow vehicle only later to find out that the 30A auto-re-settable fuse was crushed and inoperative due to over torquing the connection post nut. The trim in a few spots came off inside and a lot of the workmanship was below par. The outside bottom trim was so flimsy that a couple of pieces of aluminum peeled back and I had to tie wrap them back in place. We returned home from our trip in October of 2019 and still have not had either the skylights nor the linoleum repaired. Overall poor craftsmanship and service. We will never buy another KZ product.
- Jerry, Massachusetts

2019-11-17 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Back to shop again , fifth time . Awning dead Again . Outside lights not working neither switches inside or outside work , bench’s pulling off wall, bench’s plywood cut to narrow, pretty much quality is very shoddy. Looks good but very poor craftsmanship, cheap material, seat supports screwed into drywall, supports 1”x 2” look like scrap lumber
- Donald Kimbrough, Texas

2019-09-24 2018 KZ Connect C241RLK View Listings

Bought the trailer brand new in February of 2018, was on display in the local RV show for a month, so we checked on it often to see how it was holding up,to everything opening and closing many times per day, and it seemed to be holding up extremely well. Picked it up in April 2018, and have used it for 2 full seasons, a couple minor water leaks (loose connections), and I had to reinforce the shower floor with one piece of scrap wood. Both propane hoses replaced under warranty this year, but otherwise, no problems. Towed a total of about 10,000 kms over 2 years, and I’d have no worries taking it anywhere!
- Steve, Saskatchewan

2019-09-11 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Bought in 2018 after looking at several similar models. Love the layout. Warranty on awning was fast and replaced arm. Dealer came to me for repairs. Have been living in unit over a year in nice resort close to Dallas and work. Learned more from service guy than salesman. Not sure skylights are worth it here in Texas due to heat. Would get a ladder in back for roof access. And not sure I would trade the fireplace for storage under tv or not. Four season was comfortable in winter for flooring. Would suggest to manufacturers to extend awning for entire length of trailer and possibly for both sides. Love the two AC units for this trailer. Need to shop around for reflective window covers - bought mine and fitted them out personally. Not crazy about two separate types of wall coverings but would change easily enough with contact paper to personalize to my taste. The full size queen mattress is a plus for accessories. Tons of storage in this model also. Would be nice if storage bins were included. A few are for bedroom. Since living in a resort, I have not used stove much , oven and shower never used. A big plus- water heater is either propane or electric. Fridge is very reactive to heat if sun is on that side, but does fine. It does have outside shower and entertainment access for tv under awning.
- Jenny, Texas

2019-09-04 2017 KZ Connect 231BH View Listings

This has been an all around great RV for the size. With 2 adults and 1 child we have been comfortable and able to use all the features this unit has. The bunks are suitable for bringing a friend and and they have their own area. The storage is also a huge plus with the large rear compartment. If you are looking for a compact travel trailers this is a great surprise with durable quality.
- J Bean, Arizona

2019-08-23 2019 KZ Connect 241BHK View Listings

Bought this rv new. Poor build, cabinets unfinished, bed platform not attached, paneling loose on walls and the list goes on. They covered that damage but the exterior had a blemish in the filon they refuse to cover because I noticed it once I got it home and not the dealership even though we all agreed it was in fact a blemish in the manufacture process. They told me to ask my dealer to pay for it! This is not good customer service to not cover an issue because I noticed it instead of the dealership! Never will buy or recommend K-Z trailers again.
- Michael , Texas

2019-07-29 2018 KZ Connect C261RL View Listings

This will be the third time we’ve had it in for warranty service since December. First time they fixed several items. the awning outside switch stopped working ,bedroom emergency window kept opening while driving which they fixed it with Velcro, bent trim at slide which also needed caulking along with minor ups throughout trailer. There was caulking residue in several places and nail holes in paneling everywhere plus other cosmetic finishes. On the second trip the awning switch stop working again there was a leak at shower door frame which needed caulking and other minor issues. I Stopped in one trip to replace leaking Connector at kitchen sink (a in and out trip) This time I found nail heads sticking thru floor at kitchen sink area starting to come thru vinyl , Floor thru out trailer seems soft in different areas, the awning is still not working plus it looks as if it is pulling away from the outside trailer wall. The subassembly for bed is pulling apart, bathroom cabinets caulking is opening away from the wall. The faucet turns on while traveling and he sensors for the water holding tanks do not read correctly but read full while tanks are empty
- Donald Kimbrough , Texas

2019-07-08 2019 KZ Connect 241BHK View Listings

We purchased this trailer in April brand new. Most fit and finish is decent, if you go in with the mindset that you will need to put some time in making it better/finished. Before our first trip I checked all the plumbing fittings, sink traps, reinforced the shower pan, and fixed some caulking. Like all the manufacturers, these trailers are slapped together and you will see this on all of them once you really look at the details. We choose the KZ brand for our family as it seemed the final fit and finish was slightly better and the Connect came with a little more bells and whistles at this price point compared to others. After my final inspection and minor repairs our first trip was a real success...no issues and the trailer pulled very nice with my half ton. We had some 18mph winds which slowed our 2 hour trip down to 64mph on the freeway, but trailer and truck pulled fine. I do have air bags installed and my Ram has 3” lift for your reference. After initial trip, we took her out to the Black Hills, again total success with no issues. I love this trailer, this is our first travel trailer and with much of my own research and weight calculator everything has come together nicely. The KZ Connect model is perfect size for family of 4 with dog and pulling with half ton truck. Winds can be dicey, but pulling at 60mph with wind is a breeze, no pun intended. I would recommend the KZ brand to anyone interested in a nice bunkhouse.
- Andy Phelps, Wisconsin

2019-06-23 2019 KZ Connect 261RKK View Listings

Best RV I have owned. Great floor-plan for couple or three persons. I have owned 6 RV's over the last 20 years and this was the best value, and absolutely no issues after one year. This is the RV / Trailer I have purchased that I DID NOT any minor or major issues. The quality is much higher than what you are paying for. This is no frills, but lots of thrills. PEACE, Adrian.
- DenaliMutt, North Carolina

2019-04-07 2019 KZ Connect 241BHK View Listings

We just took out our new bunk house trailer for three nights. I have nothing but great things to says. It held plenty of fresh water for showers and four days of use with no hook ups. Everything worked great heater, refigrator,and no leaks anywhere. No complaints.
- Christina, Idaho

2018-10-15 2015 KZ Connect 26ORKS View Listings

We have taken a couple of trips with no problems easy to tow and set up. The air conditioner worked great and so did the heat. Plenty of storage. It has everything you need for a great camping experience.
- Jeanine moffett, New Jersey