KZ Reviews on RV Insider (146)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with KZ RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carl from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 KZ Connect 283BHS View Listings

Poor quality trailer from a poor company. Problems with it from day one, resulting in missing most of my camping season so far. Will not be going back to KZ. Plenty of other great manufacturers out there who know how to construct trailers properly without all the teething problems. Save your money people.
- Carl , Colorado

2021-02-24 2016 KZ Durango 1500 D286BHD View Listings

We bought this unit new in 2016. The towability and floorplan are great. Had a few chippy problems that the factory warranty took care of in the first two years. This year, the furnace started blowing the floor up. Took it to the shop and they state that the wrong ductwork was installed from the factory causing a catastrophic failure of the entire duct system. They used plastic square ducting directly from the furnace which melted, causing a blockage and nearly a fire. KZ simply stated that because it was outside the warranty period, they would not "participate" in the repair. Poor quality control, poor install, improper materials. Buyer beware.
- Doug Gelsleichter, Washington

2021-01-09 2016 KZ Spree Connect 250BHS View Listings

We bought our 2016 KZ 250bhs brand new in 2016 and have used it a ton. The first we we did about 15 trips total and pulled it around 1000 miles or so.about the same in year 2 and 3. The camper pulles great with my 1500 ram. We have never had a single issue with this camper.. I mean none. From day 1 to today this camper has been hassle free. We back it in and it's set up within minutes. It has been a joy to own and camp in. Unfortunately we have outgrown it and will be upgrading. I will be sad to see it go. KZ seems to have built this unit very well!
- James Lyle, Ohio

2020-12-20 2016 KZ Durango Gold 370RLT View Listings

We love are Durango Gold. It’s been our full time RV for 4 years. It’s been a gem. My wife loves all the storage and I was so impressed with the outdoor garage. Have never had issues with pulling, pulls like an dream. I pull it with my Dodge Ram 3500. Had many adventures in it, it’s so perfect for full timing. Our lives have changed, otherwise we wouldn’t even think of selling it.
- Rick Van Tassel, Arizona

2020-12-10 2018 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 362TH12 View Listings

This is a great value and nice finishes throughout. It’s spacious and makes a great trailer for toys, pets, kids and fun. The KZ Sportster has a modern interior and nice LED lights. The garage is very large and can fit motorcycles or side by sides up to 10’ long. It’s a lightweight trailer for the size. Many upgrades abound including a nice sized pantry and walk in full shower. Also has a beautiful living area that is spacious.
- Kelly Martinez, New Mexico

2020-12-07 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

Bought brand new Sept 2019. It stays parked at campground Mar - Nov. This past April My furnace stopped working. I called a guy in campground to come look at it. He said a piece broke off and got lodged in fan and burned motor up. He also said there was water in furnace but not uncommon with the amount of rain we had been getting. Had 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.called dealer and told them problem, they couldn't come look at it there and we didn't want it in shop during camping season so we waited until season ended. Took it Dec 2020. Dealer said furnace full of water. Somebody had to have put water in furnace. I told him several times I came there and water was in kitchen floor in front of furnace. KZ refuses to replace furnace unless I can prove water comes in furnace during hard rain. Sure that's what I wanted to do, pour water in furnace of my brand new camper. No wonder they have 2 year warranty. They blame owner for something instead of investigating how rain water came in. I will never buy another KZ Connect! Horrible customer service. Were not willing to help at all.
- Donna Skeens, Virginia

2020-12-04 2015 KZ Spree Connect 250BHS View Listings

We purchased our RV new from a camper show. I was super excited to get this RV and start camping at different parks. The RV has little to no storage, and the finishes are cheap. We were having a problem with the roof two years ago when we were told that there was a 10 year warranty on the roof that was a lie. The roof is splitting on the sides and needs to be replaced. You would think a company like KZ would stand behind their products, but they do not. I would not recommend a KZ camper to anyone. We are now having the roof replaced and after we will sell it and buy a Grand Design.
- Karen Willis, Virginia

2020-11-07 2017 KZ Spree Connect 241RLK View Listings

We love our trailer! No issues since we have had it for 3 years! Great cabinet space! Bathroom is prefect space! Tows well. We stack our corn hole on the back rack with firewood! Plenty of storage below for everything you could possibly need!
- comunk9, Georgia

2020-10-23 2015 KZ Vision 19RB View Listings

We bought this new in 2015. Very nice quality, excellent room for a small trailer, especially the rear bathroom. We love the cabinet style. The only issues have been keeping the exterior clean, a few screw pops on the back bottom metal strip, and after 5 years, the water drip plastic piece cracked and we got water in. That was easily fixed. Overall, it has held up very well with minor problems.
- Jim, Pennsylvania

2020-10-21 2020 KZ Sportsmen 301BHKLE View Listings

We have become a digital nomad because of the Pandemic. We have been living in the 301 BHKLE full time for 6 months. So far the quality has been "near" perfect. No major issues or defects. We are extremely happy with the quality, functionality and overall livability of the trailer. Small-small issues: 1. Bathroom fan stopped working correctly after 5 months - will be a $20 repair 2. Replace one 12v LED light above dinnette - $15 3. Nothing else !!! Its been a wonderful experience Upgrades we made: 1. Above bed shelf - 6 small bins from target !! 2. Put some shelves in one of the wardrobe closet for bins of clothes instead of hanging 3. Put locking lift arm on the bed storage to hold it up 4. Cutting board added to end of counter 5. Storage/Foot stool for couch area 6. small shelves on the side of the master bed 7. cup holders on each side of couch and master bed 8. Arc shower rod for more room in shower 9. tooth brush and stuff holder for bath 10. magnifying mirror in bath 11. small towel holder in bath 12. Put hinges and finger holes to lift board under dinnette 13. Added angle brace to dinette seating that is against the couch to prevent the thin structure boards from cracking 14. Extra coat hooks on bench near the door.
- Glenn Catarious, Pennsylvania

2020-10-19 2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 160QB View Listings

KZ 180QB.2017. Good for a couple. Quality goes with the price, on the low side. Good layout, no issues, except Norcold fridge broke and had to be replaced. It rides very low to the ground, the dealer reversed the axle to give it better road clearance. Big issue is the low carrying capacity of around 500 pounds. Once you have gas bottles, batteries, some water in the tanks (heater and freash), there is little room for anything else. KZ also state that the GVWR of 3500 pounds, includes people when stationary. This pretty much means you are always overloaded.
- RV Travels, Nova Scotia

2020-10-18 2019 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180THT View Listings

Multiple problems encountered in 1st year purchased new. The couch/bed collapsed while me and disabled wife sitting on it. The screws and paneling it was attached to failed, held on by 3 screws, and staples.... Fridge leaks, never worked right. Leveling jacks failed due to 2 cheap self tapping screws holding them on. Multiple holes not sealed letting dust inside the cabin. Gas lines ran on underside of frame, rocks hitting it causing leaks, why not run inside frame for protection??? Spare tire holder bolts failed, and when tailgate lowers it hits license plate bending plate. Where is quality control, sleeping ???? Positive- tows good, good height.
- David L, Nevada

2020-10-11 2019 KZ Sportsman 364BH View Listings

I like that the living room is spacious and that the kitchen is separate from the living room. Didn’t have it for a month and one of the kitchen chairs broke. The microwave had to be replaced. This year we had to have the furnace repaired and it is only a year old. The piece of wall above the slide out is buckling. I think it is stupid that when you walk into the bedrooms to turn the light on the first switch is the slide out button not the light switch. The camper is on a permanent spot so the only time you have to use the slide outs is in the spring and fall. I don’t like that if you want the light on above the sink you have to turn all the lights on in the living area. The table must just be painted to look like wood because it is wearing off. Don’t get me wrong, I really do like the camper there are just somethings that should have been done differently.
- Patricia Ressler, Pennsylvania

2020-09-21 2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF View Listings

This RV is like a home away from home. We pulled it everywhere we wanted to go with our 3/4 ton PU. That is quite a statement for a 41' fifth wheel! This trailer has 5 pop out's, and when set up, it is very comfortable and has the room of an apartment. It never felt cramped, and our family had plenty of room to sprawl out and watch TV, or what ever they wanted to do inside. Lots of storage outside for all your camping equipment and recreational toys. It is best to plan your route and stick to it. This rig is not something you want to drive through the city streets. Trust me I have done this a time or two... We are sad to see it go. Due to our work schedule we have only been able to use it three times, since buying it new. We are moving to AK. and need to downsize our belongings and our RV made the list. The six point leveling system makes it a snap to get set up and ready to use. It takes me about 15 minutes to set up- level and hook up sewer, water, electric and cable. About the same when you get ready to leave. This is going to be a great addition to someone for years to come.
- John Miller, California

2020-09-20 2020 KZ Sportsmen LE 292RLLE View Listings

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE CAMPER. Bought in April nothing but trouble. Furnace didn't work, finally got it fixed in September. Wiring is not right so air conditioning didn't work when furnace was fixed. Spliter for satellite was crushed in the wall, no cable wire in the wall to even hookup the satellite. Latch on bathroom vanity latch broke. Mattress hard as a rock. I am sure we will find more, if we don't get rid of it soon. Won't buy this brand again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
- Patty smith, Missouri

2020-09-13 2012 KZ Spree 261RKS View Listings

Have loved this RV. Lots of storage, very comfortable floor plan. Lived in unit for 3 months - 2 adults and a small dog. Camper is parked on concrete drive next to house when not camping. Husband regularly checks tires, bearings, caulking, etc. Husband is retired firefighter and is meticulous about the maintenance.
- Brenda Kellogg, Virginia

2020-09-11 2015 KZ Spree MC250BHS View Listings

Comfortable floor plan. Favorite part is the out door kitchen. Tows easy. No Warranty Issues. Plenty of under trailer storage. Beds are comfortable. AC and heat work great. Great choice. Would buy this model again.
- Kelly Berry, Texas

2020-09-11 2018 KZ Durango Sport View Listings

I purchased a Durango fifth wheel ( KZ MANUFACTURING owned by THOR INDUSTRIES) in June of 2018 and I have had numerous issues with it. The day I took it home I plugged it up to get it ready for the first trip, next day went out to start getting ready for trip and the outside plug assemble had pulled loose from the exterior of the RV under the mere weight of the power cord...They had attached the exterior plug assembly to the outside wall of the RV with 1/4 long screws only penetrating into outside layer of fiberglass wall 1/8 inches. I Had to repair this the proper way myself and upon tell KZ I wasn’t offered any compensation for cost and labor, just received comment “ that’s a good idea” when I explained how I repaired it. While on my first trip a few days later the entire shelving collapsed in the pantry. I spent two days of my vacation and material cost repairing this issue myself (same response as plug issue when I reported it to them)( they had put 1/8 inch thick panel shelves spanning 34 inch by 20 inch with 1/2 inch particle board braces along each end...no bracing across middle. Bear in mind we had 5- 6 cans of veggies and a loaf of bread on two of the shelves. )Took it in to dealer February 6,2019 for repairs and it took more than 3 months to get it back. If I had not called constantly to the dealer and KZ and Thor Industries I wouldn’t have gotten it back that soon. One of the issues was the kitchen and bathroom counter tops...the laminate was coming loose from the material used under it. Design flaw. I have this problem again in May of 2020 same issue still under warranty. First time they just replaced with exact same counter tops and design. I researched this and discovered that they changed to this design to save money...old design used a better resign based material that was a solid piece that would not allow moisture to penetrate it. I asked them to replace my counter top with the cheapest material of this kind at a cost of $ 2095 dollars. That was with me doing some of the work as the cabinet counter company doesn’t do plumbing ( ie unhooking and hooking up the sink drains and faucets. ) I was told they would cover $450 and 1.5 hrs of labor. This amount less than hat dealerships charge them to fix this issue. This unit Msrp at $54000 ! THOR ANNOUNCES NET SALES OF $2 BILLION, IMPROVED GROSS PROFIT MARGIN AND HIGHER BACKLOG FOR THE SECOND QUARTER OF FISCAL 2020 03/09/20 And they can’t fix my issues that cost less than $2500.00 This particular issue was not exclusive to my RV, another customer whom I will not name at this time had his replaced eight times to no avail. I will not buy another product made by KZ nor governed by the parent company Thor Industries if they cannot stand by their product.
- Gary Whitton, Texas

2020-08-29 2019 KZ Sportsmen LE 190THLE View Listings

It was built on Friday afternoons and Monday mornings Door latches at the wrong heights , wall panels not glued properly, Loose screws everywhere and its a toy hauler with the floor so soft that i was putting down plywoods so my motorcycles wouldn’t go true the floor and now i have to spend a lot of money to reinforce the floors Very poorly built.
- Frederic Ainslie , New Brunswick

2020-08-09 2018 KZ Durango 1500 D281RLT View Listings

This RV has exceeded our expectations. A good friend who works in the RV industry highly recommended KZ and he was definitely right. Lots of quality built in and the factory service was the best. Many wonderful memories were created but due to health issues we must find it a new home.
- Linda Santiff , Maryland

2020-08-09 2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 180BH View Listings

I have completed a number of long trips with no major issues. The only problem was the Norcold fridge stopped working and had to be replaced. Concerns are: Capacity is very low, unless you are travelling very light, this is not the trailer for you. Trailer is very low to the ground, we had to invert the axle to give us better ground clearance. KZ customer service either do not respond (if they don't like the question) or give general answers (sometime seemingly misleading). Nevertheless,this trailer has served us well and has given us some great memories.
- RV Travels , Ontario

2020-08-04 2020 KZ Sportsmen Destination 364BH View Listings

Bought three months ago brand new. Only been in it two months and have some serious water issues. Constantly battling mold and mildew under bed storage in master. Under kitchen sink as the seal seems to be bad and causes serious condensation that is not noticeable unless crawling in cabinets and removing all the drawers. My master bedroom walls are buckling and leaking black stuff down them. I have contacted KZ about their 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and am waiting to hear back. Really makes me second guess this quality from the manufacturer. I thought I got a steal of a deal but now I am thinking I got what I paid for. Also thought I was making an investment instead of paying for places to live while traveling on road for work and this has been a big bummer. Had the light go out inside of trailer for water heater after only a month of it being on. The gutter from beginning leaked all the moisture from AC onto awning so I can only imagine with a little more time how badly that will damage the awning with the sun and water fighting each other.Seems like good quality as with buying a house until you get settled and start noticing the small things that turn into a huge headache.
- Rick Smith, Louisiana

2020-07-29 2019 KZ Connect 281BH View Listings

I bought a new KZ Connect in May of 2109. Within 1 month the silicon around the kitchen sink failed and the counter top delamanated. The bulb seal along the slide out is dry rotting and cracking. The slide out also leaks into the main cabin if you get caught driving in the rain. I have severe delamanation on the sidewall and rear wall which KZ just informed me that they will not warranty. The silicon is failing all over the unit, inside and out. DO NOT BUY ANY KZ PRODUCT! Very poorly constructed.
- Tim Harris, Colorado

2020-07-18 2020 KZ Durango Gold 366FB View Listings

We have taken numerous trips in the 5th and every time we come back something is wrong. Hydraulic went out, leak in bathroom, bed messed up, wall at slide out in main cabin, ... Not a satisfied customer at all!!!
- Connie Nation, Oklahoma

2020-07-12 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 261RLLE View Listings

Very poor manufacturing quality, beware. Started out finding the power in connection labeled 50a but was 30a,black and gray water was mislabeled, Vinyl Trim Insert around slide out window was not fitted properly and shrunk up over 2 inches which I had to purchase and replace myself. Bench seat at the dining table fell through and had to be put back together and reinforced myself. Shower floor had to be reinforced. USB port did not work but 2 times, I replaced it. Worse yet I had to have the siding stapled, as it was separating from the frame and we found that 90% of it was not even stapled on. Problems are seeming ongoing. We contacted KZ numerous times and their response was fruitless. We will continue our complaints and further review.
- Bill B, Wyoming