Keystone Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (583)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

John from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Keystone Passport 238ML View Listings

I've owned a 2014 Passport 238 for 9 months. Traveled with it for about 700 miles over 4 trips (9 nights total) within WA state. Pulled over 4000 ft passes, along freeways and mountain highways - from rainforest to high desert. I like it very much so far. No problems as all. Good stable towing. All appliances have worked flawlessly, including AC. My only complaint is they don't build them so the over stove fan vents outside - which is ridiculous. But, plenty of storage, great floor plan, and very light. Bought it because of the aluminum frame, floor plan, big refer, and the price (18K). It's my first TT. I upgraded from a tent trailer. Hopefully I can get past the 1 year warranty and continue to be problem free if I keep up the maintenance and keep it covered. The big test will be a 3 week 3000 mile trip in June/July of this year.
- John, Washington

2020-10-24 2017 Keystone Outback 220URB View Listings

I own this trailer.. I have used it 2 times. It is a great trailer but my time to enjoy is very limited!
- Jeff Geyer, Georgia

2020-10-20 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

Well I have owned this travel trailer for less than 30 days now and after receiving our real first rain in our area I noticed that the skylight in the shower is leaking. Upon further inspection I noticed cracking around the decoration portion of the skylight next to one of the screws, which looks like it was over tightened when they install it. The part that really chaps my hide is that, according to the dealership service department, if the skylight needs to be re-sealed then sealing is not covered under the warranty and therefore the cost of the sealant and the techs time comes out of my own pocket (kinda sucks for only having the trailer for less than a month and using it for nothing more than a home office). Heck, even a car dealership will cover something within the first x amount of days (usually 30) if you find something wrong that needs fixing.
- mmessuri@4rsons.com, Ohio

2020-10-18 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier Ultra Lite 26RBPR View Listings

This camper is so easy to pull with a half ton pickup. Hooks up quickly and the dual axel makes backing up a breeze. With opposing slides and the island kitchen it's super roomy. The pantry is large so packing for extended stays is nice. Plenty of storage with all the beautiful cabinets. And it is so enjoyable to have a bathroom with closets, nice shower and a sink to clean up in. Lots of counter space when friends come over. The large screen TV gives you the just like home feel. The bed is really comfortable. And with overhead vents for the air condition, this camper cools off fast and is easy to keep cool. Of course the floor vents work great with the furnace.
- gene cain, Missouri

2020-10-14 2017 Keystone Hideout 27BHS View Listings

Over priced garbage. Bought a 2017 model new in August 2016. Since then the siding at the front of the trailer bows when driving at speeds over 70 kms/hr (I was told there were not enough staples holding it down), the seal on the top of the trailer failed and created water/mold (this was within a 2 month period from my initial inspection), the wheel bearing failed and had to be replaced along with the axel, had to replace the tires because they were subpar, and most recently the slide motor fell off into the underbelly of the trailer. Keystone refuses to take any responsibility for poor craftsmanship of a trailer that has less that 15,000 kms on it. I'd even go as far to say that they were dismissive and condescending. Never again will I buy a Keystone.
- Shelley, Alberta

2020-10-07 2017 Keystone Hideout 175LHS View Listings

This is the single most moronic, incompetently designed and shoddily built RV on the market. At first, I was completely sold on the layout and the ease of towing, but after 2.5 years, this deathbox has literally fallen apart. The air conditioner is installed with nowhere for the condensation to drain... except through the wood surrounding it, which becomes intensely mildewed. The condensation then leaks through the wall, beneath the linoleum floor, and rots the PARTICLE BOARD FLOORING from the inside out. 2.5 years of ownership, and the ENTIRE FLOOR is mush and full of holes, and is in need of replacing. The refrigerator condensation leaks beneath the linoleum as well, and the black sewage tank has overflowed, and leaked in between the linoleum and the floor, and has rotted the particle board with sewage water. This thing has been a complete and utter NIGHTMARE. I'm scared to death to tow it anywhere as I'm nearly positive the framing has been compromised. $2200 to replace the floors and they all but LAUGHED AT ME when I called about it possibly being under warranty. Whomever designed and engineered this giant festering rolling ball of sewage should be hung by his fingers and flogged. This is a massive, perfectly tapered TURD of an RV. RUN from it.
- Mac Sanford, Texas

2020-10-06 2017 Keystone Cougar XLite 28RLS View Listings

Use ours about 25-30 nights a year, including about 5 nights a year offroad (4x4 needed). Replaced the toilet with a full size elongated bowl (our choice). I had to redo nearly all the cabinet slides and supports within two years, partly due to the offroad places we go. Got a surprise on the first dumping as the black and grey water labels are switched. Layout is great, bathroom is great, shower is the right size for me (6'5") and it is so nice to be able to use it fully without unhitching or putting the slideout out for those quick overnight stops.
- Arvin C, California

2020-10-06 2020 Keystone Springdale 220BHWE View Listings

My family loves this Springdale. It is the perfect length. Ours is 28'6 by my measurement. The weight it just under 6000 lbs. The quality in and outside if just outstanding. We haven't had one issue in the past 14 months that we've owned it. Keep up the maintenance on this and I bet it will last a long while for us. We go out 5-7 times a year so not overly used, but certainly gets used enough. The kitchen area is pretty large with the long slide out. The bathroom is a great size too, full shower plenty of room around the toilet, etc. This trailer tows like a dream. We tow it with an F150, trailer package. Even though, we did an upgrade on the rear suspension and improved tires. At just under 11' tall, it's pretty good to do the maintenance. This model does not have a ladder on the back so I improvise to do the needed maintenance and cleaning. This size though, it is a bear putting on a trailer cover for sure. You need 2-3 people to do that. So I only put it on for the winter. I have two complaints that if these would have been better, I could give it 10 stars! There needs to be an external storage in the left rear area to store things for the dump tanks. The second thing is there isn't enough room at the back of the queen size bed to scoot by. It's a challenge to do so, but I just grumble and move about my day. You wouldn't go wrong owning one of these.
- John, Washington

2020-10-06 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

Well I haven’t got to taking it camping yet, due to problems strait from the factory. I had this unit delivered to my house and this is where the problems started. Upon initial inspection the inside was scuffed, scratched, paneling peeled off, wall paper peeled off, about a dozen random holes thru out the walls. It had missing pull handles on both gray water tanks, had the wrong bunk mattress, and several screws and bolts missing from exterior. The first night it rained and the slide out leaked like crazy, which soaked the carpet and discolored the wood trim. So after a week or so of arguing with the dealership about all these issues, they came and picked it up and promised to fix it back to the shape that a brand new trailer should be. It’s been 3 weeks and when I call to check the status I am told it will likely be 2 months before they can get any parts from the factory to fix any issues. At this point I would rather just have my money back and wash my hands of that trailer and the dealership I bought it from.
- Matt Henson, Texas

2020-10-03 2019 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Absolute f__c_ing. JUNK! Run run run Go to walmart get a tent Keystone campers are garbage Should be illegal to sell them We have attorneys working on a lawsuit if anyone wants join If there were no stars I would select that
- Jason Parker, Minnesota

2020-10-02 2020 Keystone Springdale 1860SS View Listings

Love it tows great.Nice ground clearance for camping off the road.5 trips this year over 4000 miles 70% of it dirt roads and mountain roads .The interior Is holding up great and not rattling apart. Slide working very good and hasn’t bound up yet.The step is the only complaint so far.
- Shane Palmer, Colorado

2020-09-27 2020 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RB View Listings

Bought unit brand new. Has been nothing but a headache, one thing after another and only 3 months into ownership. Leaking window internally resulting in water damage, leak at ceiling molding, screen door handle sticks closed and can't open door (can you say fire safety issue), speaking of fire safety one fire alarm keeps randomly alarming nearly non-stop, table bed support stripped out, table leg supports stripped out, compartment latches don't seat well, and stairs locking mechanism doesn't connect on one side. If that doesn't seem enough, it's been difficult to schedule a repair for leaks, which it seems should supercede most other repairs due to the potential damage water can do.
- jennifer, Florida

2020-09-27 2017 Keystone Outback Super Lite 333FE View Listings

Bought outback 333fe superlite 2017 brand new . From the first day the company delivered it was nothing but one problem after another . The power jacks would not work the stereo went out the tv stand power button for hiding the TV stopped working. The door moldings front and back were not affixed correctly as you could see down to the concrete outside . The fuses kept blowing out and on and on it goes . Now remember we had not even used it yet . The company came and picked it up and retuned it in late August . We sent it to florida and did not use it untill Jan . Started having problems right away electrical. Heating. water , bed fell apart a/c problems . The water heater rod was corroded more than half way thru discovered on 3rd day of use . The slide outs did not work , the rear master bedroom heater was a joke very little heat . The furnace made strange whistling and high pitched tones noises . We had to repair and or fix something everyday . Not much covered by warranty. We were told by the factory and the seller these things were normal wear and our responsibility this was from day 1 of use. The other problems went to numerous to mention . Nothing but a headache so sorry we bought a keystone product sold it lost a ton of money actually glad for the loss and the fact it is gone . I will say when we sold it everything was by that time fixed and working all at our expense of course . P.s. they did fix a/c thru the a/c company not the manufacturer or dealer . Be careful people on the selling end all was rosy and beautiful.
- Bambi, Michigan

2020-09-25 2017 Keystone Hideout 242LHS View Listings

Purchased the Keystone Hideout 242LHS in July 2017. Have camped in it many times in the last 3 years. Really no issues with the camper as of today, September 2020. Only small issue was the first time we hooked up to city water there was a slight leak under the lower bunk in the outside kitchen area. My nephew, who is smaller and younger than I, was able to crawl into the space and tighten the loose fitting. The set up of the camper is acceptable at the price point. The next camper we by will have a larger living room area as the dinette only for seating does not provide great livability. Unless the weather is terrible, we are only inside the camper for sleeping, and this camper provides everything we need at this time. The bunk beds are great when grandchildren tag along. When I retire in several years we will probably get a camper setup for a couple to live in more comfortably. Never had any issues while under warranty so I cannot comment on that.
- Kevin, Illinois

2020-09-21 2013 Keystone Springdale 295RBSSR View Listings

I have owned this trailer for about 5 years ,it is a great trailer, lots of room, pulls easy up and down hills . Normal wear on tires, brakes work great never let me down. Plenty of lighting inside the trailer switches easy to reach. Outside kitchen is great for not disturbing the wife while making my morning tea, also great for keeping the heat from cooking out of the trailer in the summer.Only reason I'm selling it is I bought a toy hauler for the Harley to go on vacation with us.
- Forest Adams, New Jersey

2020-09-20 2015 Keystone Laredo LHT 28BH View Listings

We bought this unit new in February 2016. I have pulled it with a Toyota Tundra 5.7L truck to many tailgates and to Rocky Mtn Natl park. I lived in the trailer for 6 months as well. I have had no issues at all. It has been perfect. I would recommend it. We did put recliners in to replace the cheesy jack sofa.
- bran, Texas

2020-09-20 2017 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite Elite 2450RLWE View Listings

We love the space the hybrid provides with two queen size beds. I also appreciate that our table does not need to double as a bed for us to enjoy the trailer. The couch is quite comfortable according to my son. We have traveled extensively and this is the 3rd trailer we've owned. Bought this new in 2017 and loved it until this year when we discovered a soft spot near the door. When my husband uncovered the floor there is a significant amount of rot and water damage and we do not know where the water is coming from. Have had the roof sealed twice and don't see any other signs of leaking but the floor is a total mess. Called insurance company to see if it is covered. Local dealer said it is not covered under warranty even though we bought the extended warranty. Would not buy this brand again if this is what you get 3 years after purchase.
- Debbie Helfand, New Jersey

2020-09-16 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SABWE View Listings

Bought 3 months ago, brand new. So far ceiling strips falling, leak from bath skylight and kitchen wall is totally ruined with water damage from roof (whole left side and kitchen cabinets need replaced) along with repair to tire well because of tire blowout. This is a lemon and we have to wait 19 days to get it into Camping World. This cannot be repaired. New camper is needed.
- Cindy Thomas, Florida

2020-09-16 2011 Keystone Cougar 298BHS View Listings

Beautiful unit. The half bath in the bunk room with slide out allows privacy for children, and guests. This added feature is a MUST have and many units are denied bc of space. Loaded with options. Keystone gets it right with the polar package, added cozy floors, and walls while other units fall short during chilly days and camps.
- orourkew15, Maryland

2020-09-14 2019 Keystone Springdale 220BHWE View Listings

Love the layout and storage. However the quality of this camper is awful. This is the third camper we have owned and had no issues. The ceiling is peeling in five different spots and the table feel the first time it was laid on. This camper will not last and the resale will be awful. I do not recommend this. The company also will do nothing about the damage.
- Nancy Huff, Ohio

2020-09-13 2020 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR View Listings

I found that these units are built flimsy cheaply and I can't wait to get rid of mine. What a piece of junk. A $43,000 boat anchor. The floor moves when you walk on it the toilet leaks windows are broken refrigerator molding is falling off already burned up a converter the sleeper cushions are uneven almost can't sleep on it everybody that slept on it complained.
- Bob, Michigan

2020-09-08 2016 Keystone Cougar XLite 25RDB View Listings

The back of the trailer delaminated within 2/3 years. Among many other issues, this keystone trailer is garbage. I will never buy from them again. Cheap and poor quality. It all looks good for about a year and then I needed to replace enough to know that this is poor.
- jrphillips100, Indiana

2020-09-07 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RLS View Listings

RV HANDLES NICELY VERY LIGHT AND EASY TO TOW. I LIKE THE FLOOR PLAN ALTHOUGH THE BEDROOM IS A LITTLE TIGHT. EVERYTHING HAS WORKED FINE ON RV, WE HAVE ENJOYED IT. THE ONLY REASON FOR CHANGING FROM THIS RV IS WE WANT TO GET A 5TH WHEEL TO DO MORE TRAVELING.
- RODNEY MICHAEL, Kentucky

2020-09-06 2020 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1700BH View Listings

I just bought a new 2020 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1700BH. The tire blowout on the first trip within 800 miles on the road with the RV speed at 55 MPH. I called the dealer, who told me it is not the quality problem of the RV (really?). The tire brand is Rainier Tredit, model ST225/75R15D. The last letter D indicates the speed rating. According to the internet, D rating can only allow the maximum speed of 40 MPH. I really hope Keystone can put better tires on the RV so as to keep customer safe and their reputation better.
- yilizhoumd, California

2020-09-06 2011 Keystone Sprinter 297RET View Listings

This is a clean well cared for camper. The opposite slideouts make for a roomy living area. There are opposite sofas with full size aero beds. Sleeps 7 has a 3 burner stove with oven. One owner 34’ long
- Cynthia Ash, Tennessee