Keystone Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (599)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

John from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Keystone Passport 238ML View Listings

I've owned a 2014 Passport 238 for 9 months. Traveled with it for about 700 miles over 4 trips (9 nights total) within WA state. Pulled over 4000 ft passes, along freeways and mountain highways - from rainforest to high desert. I like it very much so far. No problems as all. Good stable towing. All appliances have worked flawlessly, including AC. My only complaint is they don't build them so the over stove fan vents outside - which is ridiculous. But, plenty of storage, great floor plan, and very light. Bought it because of the aluminum frame, floor plan, big refer, and the price (18K). It's my first TT. I upgraded from a tent trailer. Hopefully I can get past the 1 year warranty and continue to be problem free if I keep up the maintenance and keep it covered. The big test will be a 3 week 3000 mile trip in June/July of this year.
- John, Washington

2021-01-16 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

When we purchased this RV in 2019, we were in love with it. We had planned to live in it during our retirement. We loved the floor plan. Then COVID hit in 2020 and my husband began working from home. We decided to live in our camper for 3 months in 2020 and traveled further than our backyard. We pulled the RV from Missouri to Maryland. That's when the trouble began. Our ceiling began to fall off. We thought than when traveling cross country the ceiling should stay on and that there was a manufacturer defect. But when we got home at the end of 3 months, Keystone wouldn't fix the ceiling. They said it was out of warranty (we even purchased extended warranties). Keystone does not stand behind their product and do not care that their manufacturing is of poor quality.
- Kay Woelfle, Missouri

2021-01-14 2021 Keystone Passport 2710RB View Listings

I purchased my 25 foot long 2021 Keystone Passport back in May. There were a few small initial problems: leaky water line under the sink, trim strip fell off of ceiling....both of which I had to fix myself because of the backlog at the dealer. When I took the unit in to fix the other issues, including screen door misalignmentand bed misalighment, the dealer also found that the window seals were cracked and pealing off. After contacting Keystone, they were informed that this was NOT covered under warranty. My call to Keystone confirmed that. The dealer wants $800 to take care of it. Now seriously. A six month old camper, and the window seals are already shot!? No way that this isn't a factory defect. I encourage everyone to avoid this manufacturer and this model.
- John Gerke, Ohio

2021-01-13 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

This camper is a breeze to pull with a half ton truck. It's very comfortable because of the spacious layout and higher ceiling. There's so much storage in every area. The kitchen has a stainless undermounted sink with a cover for additional counter space and the stove has a glass cover for more counter space. The king size bed is so comfortable with hanging storage on each side and above. The table located in the slide converts into a bed and has more storage beneath. Windows surround the table, kitchen and bedroom to let fresh air in as well are two skylights. It's a little home away from home.
- Debbie High, Florida

2021-01-04 2013 Keystone Outback 260FL View Listings

This has been a dream trailer. The floorplan is the best we've found for our needs (2 adults, no kids and we primarily dry camp in national parks). Sleeps 6. Plenty of storage including full width closet, under bed storage, and lots of outside storage space. Outside kitchen is a bonus. Build quality has met our expectations for a ttrailer in this range (this is our 4th trailer, so it's not our first rodeo). Easy towing with our Tundra and equalizing hitch.
- Terry Feinberg, California

2021-01-02 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

Purchased new @ Noble RV in Owatonna, MN. Love the layout, esp. with a teenage daughter and the bunk room (not a bunk area w/ curtains). Had several issues that were discovered after multiple trips (6 in 2020, July - October). These include: Blackwater tank flush not functional (known and common issue, apparently, have the dealer verify @ delivery walk-through, my fault I didn't). Antennae issues- discovered when coax didn't work in bunkroom, was informed the "master unit" or whatever it's called, from which all signals are sent throughout the unit, was faulty. Latch on front hatch is not in the best position. It latches, but it takes quite a bit of force on the latch itself to get the hatch door underneath it- and it's plastic ;). Other items were cosmetic in nature. There are also things that we've had on our bumper-pull that this doesn't have- minor but nice: An under-entry stair light, an amber "night light" outside of the entry door, and a small light by the auto-level pad for night arrivals. All-in-all, this is a quality, beautiful, non-behemoth 5th wheel, with a great layout and that tows exceptionally well (Ram 3500 w/ Cummins HO Diesel). Finally, Noble RV has been great in rectifying these issues, and were apparently embarrassed that they should have caught the blackwater flush issue prior to us taking delivery.
- Tim Q, Minnesota

2021-01-02 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RBS View Listings

We ordered our Cougar in 2018 and they were actually starting the 2019's models, so we got a 2019 Cougar. We had a few defects that Keystone should have caught but the dealer's tech caught them before taking ownership. Dealer fixed them and we were good. After the first year we had 2 other things happen and one of them dealer took care of it but the other we had to pay out of pocket. When buying a trailer new or used go early before time to pick it up and do your own walk through looking for things to be looked at. When a new trailer is sold the dealership should be doing a PDI before the customer actually takes ownership. If you find things to be looked at show it to your salesman then when the tech takes you through your walk through be sure they were fixed.I gave the factory warranty a 2 star because we had a bad toilet and Keystone would not cover it. It was a bad toilet from Factory, course it didn't mess up until a month after the year warranty went away.Dealership tried to get it covered and I did also but to no avail. We love our trailer and if anything was to happen to this one we would get another Cougar.
- Gary Buckles, Oklahoma

2020-12-14 2019 Keystone Bullet 269RLS View Listings

Our 2019 keystone bullet has been really a POS. From day one we had issues. A water leak and the fresh water supply cause damage to the floor which supposedly had to go back to the factory to be replaced. They said it could take 6 to 12 weeks. Unacceptable. Within the first year the AC went out. It took almost 2 weeks to get a new one installed. The kitchen table is delaminating. The vent fans are discoloring to a yellow tint. The caulking around the white sink in the bathroom has yellowed. Of course the OE tires we got we had a blowout basically on our first trip. I think the guy at the tire store called them China bombs. They have been replaced with better tires. Overall the trim work is very poor. We will never purchase another keystone product. This has been our fourth RV and definitely our last one from keystone.
- Robblessing55, Texas

2020-12-10 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

I spent a little over $40K on this a month ago and both pass through storage locks are defective. The dealership appointments are months out due to “COVID” ...I contacted Keystone customer service and they basically said oh well, make an appointment and wait. I now have to spend $87 on two locks. Extremely disappointed.
- Brad Freel, Oregon

2020-12-05 2020 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 22RBS View Listings

This is a great rig for a couple wanting to travel weekends locally, or over the country on a long term trip. I was pleased with the build quality, as the industry certainly has its problems, but I've experienced no such issues with our rig. The ease of access to things and moving around in the camper, starting with the sturdy entry steps is great for people who are a bit older, the convenience and abundance of storage in this smaller rig are great. The key things we wanted when looking for a rig were a king bed, a decent size enclosed shower, a workable kitchen area with decent counter space, and comfortable seating that actually faces the TV. This rig delivered on all counts with a well thought out layout and so much more. We appreciate the usb outlets located on both sides of the bed and on each recliner chair, 110v outlets are abundant as well. Food storage is easy with the deep kitchen cabinets, the large closet near the entry, and the sizeable Dometic refrigerator/freezer. We love having the large awning that is easy to deploy, including led lights on both sides of the frame, and even a wind sensor to close it automatically should the weather turn bad while away from the rig. Overall this rig has been delightful for us to use, and we hope to put many more miles on it post-pandemic.
- David Stebenne, New Hampshire

2020-12-04 2020 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE View Listings

I bought a brand new 2020 keystone hideout for my mother in Oct 2019. We have had nothing but problems from the start. Got it delivered set up. First time she used the shower we had a leak. Come to find out the wrong gasket was used. Hooked up to city water, had a leak. All connections were loose. Trim falling off,staples sticking out,glue seen everywhere. Just recently her outdoor led lights caught fire. Furnace has stopped working.AC has never worked. I bought brand new thinking everything should be in working order! So Disappointed in the workmanship of this trailer! Dealer and manufacturer have been no help. My mother is a senior and cannot afford the work that needs to be done.
- Victoria Parker, Washington

2020-11-23 2021 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1900RD View Listings

Bought the 1900 rd because of the floor plan and weight.I want to be comfortable pulling the rv and living in it. The beds are far away from each other , just in case someone snores! The finishes are beautiful. The frig has a lot of room, The bathroom I will say has a sink which a lot do not. I cut the vanity and installed a piano hinge to give me more leg room when sitting on the toilet. And I moved the shower head up for my comfort. People bitch about quality, but they want the camper cheaper! They complain about weight but want it built with sturdier, heavier parts. People this is a balance! Affordable comfortable and easy to tow. The electric stabilizer jacks are great. I ordered the factory ladder to go on the back and was supplied with a drawing of how the rear wall is framed. That tells me something about keystone. They don't just sell and forget! By the way that ladder can hold two bicycles. I did a lot of research before my purchase. I did after the purchase find a drip on the bathroom floor. It was a finger tight water line connection to the toilet. Two minutes to fix that. The systems in the camper are well thought out. This company has been doing this for I believe 18 yrs. I went hundreds of miles away to get one with the upgraded ac. Learning later it was only a few hundred dollars to get 15000 btu instead of 13,500. Some have complained that they wish the ac vent was closer to the front bed. I just added a clear plastic deflector, what less than 10 bucks. If you are looking for a couples camper with Grandkids a fair price and most of the bells and whistles the keystone bullet 1900 rd is a great choice.
- william allan, North Carolina

2020-11-15 2018 Keystone Outback 1800RB View Listings

Great rv for small family. Tows great. Can pull with an suv. Murphy bed is easy to use and very comfortable. Power awning is a nice addition. A/c works remarkably well. Fridge is good size. Bathroom is adequate. Overall a nice camper
- Mike Tenny, South Carolina

2020-11-08 2020 Keystone Sprinter Limited 330KBS View Listings

Cheaply made, first week trim was coming off, winter package is a joke, floor is not glued down, squishie and floating when furnace is on,condensation is ridiculous, cheap appliances, table is slanted,cheap uncomfortable furniture, door latch doesn't lock right, outside hose connector doesn't fit right,fireplace doesn't put out much heat, can't step down amps without everything malfunctioning, toilet cracked first week, windows don't seal correctly, viewing window fills with water and ice from condensation. I will never spend this kind of money on a keystone again. Only thing I really like is the floor plan.
- Jacqueline, Oregon

2020-11-08 2018 Keystone Passport Express 195RB View Listings

Trailer only 2 years old and stored for 5.months over winter in climate controlled storage gel coat pealed off of front fiberglass on the roof line company said it was sun damage and would not stand behind their junk I will post as much as I can on internet to warn people not to by their junk
- Dale Brown, Pennsylvania

2020-10-29 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB View Listings

Bought ours used (2015) from TerryTown in Grand Rapids, MI. Was the floor plan we wanted (couple's coach) and brought it home. I noticed that the front and rear caps on these delaminate quite bad. Ours is starting on the front at the top. So far no leaking. The right rear tire is wearing out on the outside of the tread. Guess I'll have to check if someone can straighten (?) the axle. Overall quality seems about par with others in this price range. Not bad, but not great either. Looking foward to camping in it next season. NO idea of factory warrantee, as is out of time.
- Chris Fine, Indiana

2020-10-27 2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 24RKPR View Listings

I love this Trailer for a couple or small family. It is easy to pull and manuever. Well constructed, and lightweight.The fiberglass sides make it easier to clean. There are led lights throughout and even the awning lights up with led. Nice comfortable mattress is on the queen bed. This is a solid well built trailer and you should enjoy it for years. All the comforts of home! Since this is fully stocked and ready to go. I would love to see someone love it as much as I did.
- Robert, North Carolina

2020-10-24 2017 Keystone Outback 220URB View Listings

I own this trailer.. I have used it 2 times. It is a great trailer but my time to enjoy is very limited!
- Jeff Geyer, Georgia

2020-10-20 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

Well I have owned this travel trailer for less than 30 days now and after receiving our real first rain in our area I noticed that the skylight in the shower is leaking. Upon further inspection I noticed cracking around the decoration portion of the skylight next to one of the screws, which looks like it was over tightened when they install it. The part that really chaps my hide is that, according to the dealership service department, if the skylight needs to be re-sealed then sealing is not covered under the warranty and therefore the cost of the sealant and the techs time comes out of my own pocket (kinda sucks for only having the trailer for less than a month and using it for nothing more than a home office). Heck, even a car dealership will cover something within the first x amount of days (usually 30) if you find something wrong that needs fixing.
- mmessuri@4rsons.com, Ohio

2020-10-18 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier Ultra Lite 26RBPR View Listings

This camper is so easy to pull with a half ton pickup. Hooks up quickly and the dual axel makes backing up a breeze. With opposing slides and the island kitchen it's super roomy. The pantry is large so packing for extended stays is nice. Plenty of storage with all the beautiful cabinets. And it is so enjoyable to have a bathroom with closets, nice shower and a sink to clean up in. Lots of counter space when friends come over. The large screen TV gives you the just like home feel. The bed is really comfortable. And with overhead vents for the air condition, this camper cools off fast and is easy to keep cool. Of course the floor vents work great with the furnace.
- gene cain, Missouri

2020-10-14 2017 Keystone Hideout 27BHS View Listings

Over priced garbage. Bought a 2017 model new in August 2016. Since then the siding at the front of the trailer bows when driving at speeds over 70 kms/hr (I was told there were not enough staples holding it down), the seal on the top of the trailer failed and created water/mold (this was within a 2 month period from my initial inspection), the wheel bearing failed and had to be replaced along with the axel, had to replace the tires because they were subpar, and most recently the slide motor fell off into the underbelly of the trailer. Keystone refuses to take any responsibility for poor craftsmanship of a trailer that has less that 15,000 kms on it. I'd even go as far to say that they were dismissive and condescending. Never again will I buy a Keystone.
- Shelley, Alberta

2020-10-07 2017 Keystone Hideout 175LHS View Listings

This is the single most moronic, incompetently designed and shoddily built RV on the market. At first, I was completely sold on the layout and the ease of towing, but after 2.5 years, this deathbox has literally fallen apart. The air conditioner is installed with nowhere for the condensation to drain... except through the wood surrounding it, which becomes intensely mildewed. The condensation then leaks through the wall, beneath the linoleum floor, and rots the PARTICLE BOARD FLOORING from the inside out. 2.5 years of ownership, and the ENTIRE FLOOR is mush and full of holes, and is in need of replacing. The refrigerator condensation leaks beneath the linoleum as well, and the black sewage tank has overflowed, and leaked in between the linoleum and the floor, and has rotted the particle board with sewage water. This thing has been a complete and utter NIGHTMARE. I'm scared to death to tow it anywhere as I'm nearly positive the framing has been compromised. $2200 to replace the floors and they all but LAUGHED AT ME when I called about it possibly being under warranty. Whomever designed and engineered this giant festering rolling ball of sewage should be hung by his fingers and flogged. This is a massive, perfectly tapered TURD of an RV. RUN from it.
- Mac Sanford, Texas

2020-10-06 2017 Keystone Cougar XLite 28RLS View Listings

Use ours about 25-30 nights a year, including about 5 nights a year offroad (4x4 needed). Replaced the toilet with a full size elongated bowl (our choice). I had to redo nearly all the cabinet slides and supports within two years, partly due to the offroad places we go. Got a surprise on the first dumping as the black and grey water labels are switched. Layout is great, bathroom is great, shower is the right size for me (6'5") and it is so nice to be able to use it fully without unhitching or putting the slideout out for those quick overnight stops.
- Arvin C, California

2020-10-06 2020 Keystone Springdale 220BHWE View Listings

My family loves this Springdale. It is the perfect length. Ours is 28'6 by my measurement. The weight it just under 6000 lbs. The quality in and outside if just outstanding. We haven't had one issue in the past 14 months that we've owned it. Keep up the maintenance on this and I bet it will last a long while for us. We go out 5-7 times a year so not overly used, but certainly gets used enough. The kitchen area is pretty large with the long slide out. The bathroom is a great size too, full shower plenty of room around the toilet, etc. This trailer tows like a dream. We tow it with an F150, trailer package. Even though, we did an upgrade on the rear suspension and improved tires. At just under 11' tall, it's pretty good to do the maintenance. This model does not have a ladder on the back so I improvise to do the needed maintenance and cleaning. This size though, it is a bear putting on a trailer cover for sure. You need 2-3 people to do that. So I only put it on for the winter. I have two complaints that if these would have been better, I could give it 10 stars! There needs to be an external storage in the left rear area to store things for the dump tanks. The second thing is there isn't enough room at the back of the queen size bed to scoot by. It's a challenge to do so, but I just grumble and move about my day. You wouldn't go wrong owning one of these.
- John, Washington

2020-10-06 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

Well I haven’t got to taking it camping yet, due to problems strait from the factory. I had this unit delivered to my house and this is where the problems started. Upon initial inspection the inside was scuffed, scratched, paneling peeled off, wall paper peeled off, about a dozen random holes thru out the walls. It had missing pull handles on both gray water tanks, had the wrong bunk mattress, and several screws and bolts missing from exterior. The first night it rained and the slide out leaked like crazy, which soaked the carpet and discolored the wood trim. So after a week or so of arguing with the dealership about all these issues, they came and picked it up and promised to fix it back to the shape that a brand new trailer should be. It’s been 3 weeks and when I call to check the status I am told it will likely be 2 months before they can get any parts from the factory to fix any issues. At this point I would rather just have my money back and wash my hands of that trailer and the dealership I bought it from.
- Matt Henson, Texas