Keystone Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (615)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rob from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Keystone Springdale 212RB View Listings

I read negative reviews about Keystone all the time, but that has not been my experience. I bought this travel trailer when the owner who purchased it new traded after 1 year for a BH model because of the kids. It is now on it's fifth season (4 for me) and has not had a single quality control issue. I have had it out camping at least 6 times per year and everything just works as it should. For what is considered an entry level unit, I am extremely impressed to say the least. I am getting ready to move into a mid level 5th wheel unit and I am probably going with a Keystone unit. I have looked at many brands other than Keystone, but Keystone offers more of what I want in a unit considering features per $ value. I hope I have as good of service from the new unit as this one. It makes a person nervous when reading all the bad reviews about Keystone, but then I read them about other manufactures also. Maybe I got a unit built on a Wednesday, that's hard to tell but because of my experience I do have faith in Keystone. Also, it is only right I should post a positive review for a positive experience.
- Rob, Idaho

2021-04-02 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

We have only had our cougar a year now. Within 8 months, the floor hand complety came loose from the boards, we found a hole in the slide, the sink in kitchen and bathroom came unattached from the casing. Within the first month of having it the microwave blew up. I understand life happens but, its bad when keystone won't even stand behind their products. We paid for the extended warranty and this peice of crap cost us $2800 to get fixed. Will never buy Keystone again. I regret not spending the extra and buying the nicer solitude.
- Pamela Hudson, Mississippi

2021-03-23 2009 Keystone Springdale 189FL View Listings

Good quality for the price point. First trip out I found a small leak under the sink which only required hand tightening. A few months later the GFCI outlet failed but it was easier to install a $10 replacement from Lowes than haul it back for warranty. We sold it after 6 years without any further issues, I would buy another Springdale.
- Mac Ricketts, Kentucky

2021-03-16 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 30RLI View Listings

This RV is great for the couple that want to get away from it all but don't want to give up their creature comforts. This travel trailer is a home away from home. Grab a couple of grandkids and head out for adventure!!!
- Anthony, California

2021-03-14 2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBSWE View Listings

I have had my Cougar RV for about 8 months now. So far the refrigerator had to be rewired, the outside shower door lock broke, the outside storage door doesn't work on one side, the cabinet doors are binding together, the propane tank switch just stopped working, and every time I take it out all of the counters get covered with sawdust and manufacturing debris. What a sad state for a 30k trailer. I could have spent 10k less and got as good or better quality.
- Ronald Compton, Oregon

2021-03-10 2020 Keystone Outback Super Lite 260UML View Listings

Terrible workmanship. Owned it two weeks. Took it to the dealership where I made the purchase for warranty work. The two major issues were denied. Bad roof install (staples protruding into the rubber membrane) and wiring issues. I was told the issues were typical and didn't qualify for warranty. I would not recommend this manufacturer(Keystone RV) to ANYONE.
- Guy Paradise, Florida

2021-03-02 2020 Keystone Springdale 303BH View Listings

This RV has a great layout with 2 slides that allow for numerous people to be in the camper at one time. There is a separate outdoor entrance to the bathroom which makes it nice on muddy campouts so that mud is not getting tracked through the camper. The children also have a a great time in the bunkroom they can watch TV, play games, and even nap quietly with the closing door that separates this room from the other rooms. Overall we really enjoy this camper!
- Brandy, Missouri

2021-02-27 2016 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 2070BH View Listings

This Trailer pulls nicely with any vehicle. I have sway bars for it. In 5 years pulling it I never had a problem. Really easy to park, it doesn’t ride rough. The water pump is very quiet, the shower has a lot of water pressure. Large holding tank for water. All appliances work great, powerful microwave.
- Tim Krupicka, Washington

2021-02-26 2016 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR View Listings

love the 2 bathrooms! Two doors are really nice feature like the size of the room and the nurse and everything else.
- David D. Mancuso, New York

2021-02-20 2016 Keystone Passport Express 151ML View Listings

We have a trailer exactly like this. It was purchased last September and we immediately took a 4500 mile trip across country pulling it with a Lexus RX 350. Even though we could not use a load leveler because of the unibody of the Lexus the trailer towed beautifully. Tongue weight was more than I would have liked but it was not a problem. We were aboard for 5 weeks and still love this trailer. The Murphy bed can be put away fully made up so is very easy to use. We wanted floor access from the bed so no crawling over each other for nighttime safari's. The refrigerator is larger than that in most trailers of this size. The stove top is great. We love having a full sized dry bath with a tub/shower which is hard to come by in a trailer this size. The Lexus has a towing capacity of 3500 pounds and this worked well. I have now made a fold up extension for the kitchen counter and a smaller folding table than the one that came with it. Both work well.
- Ron Montgomery, Washington

2021-02-15 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

We bought our 2016 inspired by the "polar package." Don't believe it! Today we are south of Houston in an ice storm; campground electricity went out. Ran furnace all night, but pipes still froze. Good: floorplan - one of the biggest kitchens around. Large slide-out dining area hasn't failed in 4 1/2 years. Often-used parts like faucets, toilet have held up we'll, although we do have a soft spot in the floor near the entry door. Cleans up good, except for dining carpet.
- Brook Mark, Colorado

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Good floor plan with plenty of storage space , comfortable enough to live in for a month at a time. The bad ... trim pieces popping off everywhere, finding things that were not properly aligned during assembly, salesman was good, but now I realize he was full of crap like all salesman , service department only repairs a few things then tell me parts are back ordered and parts department orders parts that are not for my unit (dam dumb- I bought it new from them ) I had a keystone raptor toy hauler 3912 before and it was much better quality ) this one is shot together with an air nailer by a guy who smoked a fatty at break time- nowhere near the quality that keystone brags about and for their "made in the USA " - it comes with China tires, leaky faucet, trim falling off, refrigerator vent blew off first trip, roller shade quit, toilet leaked, TV switch box was defective, 1 awning had to be replaced (holes like it was sewed wrong then pulled out the stitches and moved) end panels in the cabinets came out ... all of this is within a 6 month period and 4 trips or about 6 weeks of vacation time. I don't know what brand would be better but I wish I had looked a little harder.
- Ed, Illinois

2021-02-06 2010 Keystone Bullet 246RBS View Listings

Very nice and comfy bed. Kids loved the pull out couch and dinette. We have cooked full meals inside while raining. Easy to clean. Easy to pull and easy to setup! I love the back bathroom and front bedroom and the DOUBLE DOORS so we don’t have to track through the whole camper when having to use main door.
- Rita McCauley, South Carolina

2021-02-05 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Hope I can save someone the trouble of buys a keystone. I bought a 2021 keystone Cougar and have been let down at every turn horrible customer service at the Keystone place horrible product I got a three page list of things wrong with my trailer they refused to fix most of them even though they’re factory defect’s. I’ve had three shops tell me that they’re not gonna work on my crappy trailer and they won’t stand behind their product and give me my money back or give me a new trailer. This thing it leaks everywhere. Literally everything has been broken on it I mean it’s a joke I’ve been in the shop like 45 times and it is ridiculous and I can’t even get the whole thing fixed because no shop wants to work on it and Keystone won’t stand behind their product they denying to fix a whole bunch of stuff even know it is factory defects I would never buy another trailer for this place they are a joke.
- Donald, Missouri

2021-01-23 2019 Keystone Passport 3350BH View Listings

Only used a couple of times. It is in excellent condition. professionally maintained. Having two bathrooms and 2 bedrooms is extremely convenient. The outdoor shower and kitchen provide great flexibility. Needs no repairs. Has new battery.
- Beth, New York

2021-01-23 2016 Keystone Passport 2250RB View Listings

I recommend this sweet adorable travel trailer to anyone, definitely worth the 5 stars and more. Very reliable and has everything you need. I love the outside kitchen where you can cook breakfast, lunch and dinner outside on a beautiful day and it's very convenient.
- Tanya Nelson, North Carolina

2021-01-21 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

Have owned unit for little less than 3 months. 12 volt system has gone out twice. First time was bad battery from dealer, second time dealer unsure "can't find a problem". We love our unit, dream come true when power ok. So far dealer is doing, we believe, all they can to resolve issue.
- Greg Jones, Georgia

2021-01-16 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

When we purchased this RV in 2019, we were in love with it. We had planned to live in it during our retirement. We loved the floor plan. Then COVID hit in 2020 and my husband began working from home. We decided to live in our camper for 3 months in 2020 and traveled further than our backyard. We pulled the RV from Missouri to Maryland. That's when the trouble began. Our ceiling began to fall off. We thought than when traveling cross country the ceiling should stay on and that there was a manufacturer defect. But when we got home at the end of 3 months, Keystone wouldn't fix the ceiling. They said it was out of warranty (we even purchased extended warranties). Keystone does not stand behind their product and do not care that their manufacturing is of poor quality.
- Kay Woelfle, Missouri

2021-01-14 2021 Keystone Passport 2710RB View Listings

I purchased my 25 foot long 2021 Keystone Passport back in May. There were a few small initial problems: leaky water line under the sink, trim strip fell off of ceiling....both of which I had to fix myself because of the backlog at the dealer. When I took the unit in to fix the other issues, including screen door misalignmentand bed misalighment, the dealer also found that the window seals were cracked and pealing off. After contacting Keystone, they were informed that this was NOT covered under warranty. My call to Keystone confirmed that. The dealer wants $800 to take care of it. Now seriously. A six month old camper, and the window seals are already shot!? No way that this isn't a factory defect. I encourage everyone to avoid this manufacturer and this model.
- John Gerke, Ohio

2021-01-13 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

This camper is a breeze to pull with a half ton truck. It's very comfortable because of the spacious layout and higher ceiling. There's so much storage in every area. The kitchen has a stainless undermounted sink with a cover for additional counter space and the stove has a glass cover for more counter space. The king size bed is so comfortable with hanging storage on each side and above. The table located in the slide converts into a bed and has more storage beneath. Windows surround the table, kitchen and bedroom to let fresh air in as well are two skylights. It's a little home away from home.
- Debbie High, Florida

2021-01-04 2013 Keystone Outback 260FL View Listings

This has been a dream trailer. The floorplan is the best we've found for our needs (2 adults, no kids and we primarily dry camp in national parks). Sleeps 6. Plenty of storage including full width closet, under bed storage, and lots of outside storage space. Outside kitchen is a bonus. Build quality has met our expectations for a ttrailer in this range (this is our 4th trailer, so it's not our first rodeo). Easy towing with our Tundra and equalizing hitch.
- Terry Feinberg, California

2021-01-02 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

Purchased new @ Noble RV in Owatonna, MN. Love the layout, esp. with a teenage daughter and the bunk room (not a bunk area w/ curtains). Had several issues that were discovered after multiple trips (6 in 2020, July - October). These include: Blackwater tank flush not functional (known and common issue, apparently, have the dealer verify @ delivery walk-through, my fault I didn't). Antennae issues- discovered when coax didn't work in bunkroom, was informed the "master unit" or whatever it's called, from which all signals are sent throughout the unit, was faulty. Latch on front hatch is not in the best position. It latches, but it takes quite a bit of force on the latch itself to get the hatch door underneath it- and it's plastic ;). Other items were cosmetic in nature. There are also things that we've had on our bumper-pull that this doesn't have- minor but nice: An under-entry stair light, an amber "night light" outside of the entry door, and a small light by the auto-level pad for night arrivals. All-in-all, this is a quality, beautiful, non-behemoth 5th wheel, with a great layout and that tows exceptionally well (Ram 3500 w/ Cummins HO Diesel). Finally, Noble RV has been great in rectifying these issues, and were apparently embarrassed that they should have caught the blackwater flush issue prior to us taking delivery.
- Tim Q, Minnesota

2021-01-02 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RBS View Listings

We ordered our Cougar in 2018 and they were actually starting the 2019's models, so we got a 2019 Cougar. We had a few defects that Keystone should have caught but the dealer's tech caught them before taking ownership. Dealer fixed them and we were good. After the first year we had 2 other things happen and one of them dealer took care of it but the other we had to pay out of pocket. When buying a trailer new or used go early before time to pick it up and do your own walk through looking for things to be looked at. When a new trailer is sold the dealership should be doing a PDI before the customer actually takes ownership. If you find things to be looked at show it to your salesman then when the tech takes you through your walk through be sure they were fixed.I gave the factory warranty a 2 star because we had a bad toilet and Keystone would not cover it. It was a bad toilet from Factory, course it didn't mess up until a month after the year warranty went away.Dealership tried to get it covered and I did also but to no avail. We love our trailer and if anything was to happen to this one we would get another Cougar.
- Gary Buckles, Oklahoma

2020-12-14 2019 Keystone Bullet 269RLS View Listings

Our 2019 keystone bullet has been really a POS. From day one we had issues. A water leak and the fresh water supply cause damage to the floor which supposedly had to go back to the factory to be replaced. They said it could take 6 to 12 weeks. Unacceptable. Within the first year the AC went out. It took almost 2 weeks to get a new one installed. The kitchen table is delaminating. The vent fans are discoloring to a yellow tint. The caulking around the white sink in the bathroom has yellowed. Of course the OE tires we got we had a blowout basically on our first trip. I think the guy at the tire store called them China bombs. They have been replaced with better tires. Overall the trim work is very poor. We will never purchase another keystone product. This has been our fourth RV and definitely our last one from keystone.
- Robblessing55, Texas

2020-12-10 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

I spent a little over $40K on this a month ago and both pass through storage locks are defective. The dealership appointments are months out due to “COVID” ...I contacted Keystone customer service and they basically said oh well, make an appointment and wait. I now have to spend $87 on two locks. Extremely disappointed.
- Brad Freel, Oregon