Keystone Summerland RVs Reviews (14)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Summerland RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

William L. DeLoach from Texas says:

Have you owned any Keystone Summerland RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Summerland 1700FQ View Listings

Like: the price. Dislike: everything. I purchased my 2016 Keystone Springdale Summerland model 1700 Travel Trailer on May 5, 2016 and have used it exactly twice (5 days). It has been in repair for over 100 days and counting for many quality issues.....most recently roof leaking in several places. I first noticed water damage the day I accepted delivery and was told the unit had just had fabric protection installed and that was the cause. After returning the unit for additional quality issues (e.g., toilet not holding water, refrigerator not working properly etc.) the dealer noticed the roof transition was pulled loose. As a result, major water damage occurred to the mattress, bedding etc. An additional issue occurred with the 7pin cable. It is too short. I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder with the 7pin jack on the passenger side of the bumper. The trailer 7pin cable pulled loose on my first trip. Upon pointing this out to the dealer service advisors, they simply rerouted the cable and said that is all that was needed. After I picked up the trailer following "fix" of previous quality issues, I had a near wreck with a 18 wheeler and once I got to my destination discovered the cable had again pulled loose and the cable head destroyed....thus I had no turn signals or brake lights. I went to a local dealer while on the road for an emergency fix and was told by the Tech, "the cable measured 7'8". It should measure 8'.
- William L. DeLoach, Texas

2019-07-17 2015 Keystone Summerland 2020QB View Listings

we bought this camper at north side rv in Lexington ky on june of 2018 we love it we have not had any problems but we don't go on long trips we mostly go to ky horse park it has nice refrigerator it has a sectional and 3 burner stove and oven has a nice queen bed with storage under and the air conditioner will freeze you to death we have nice shower and good hot water but we have no kids a beautiful large back window but we have had no trouble at all we are very happy we have it
- marklawson5546@yahoo.com, Kentucky

2018-09-14 2014 Keystone Summerland 2600TB View Listings

Siding on drivers side pooched out on first trip No problems on short trips after that, but on a trip across the country the roofing has bubbled up while driving. Poor quality. Also the awning blew off on our last trip. I checked it and it was locked. I talked to the dealer and they said that was a common problem with this travel trailer. Recommended I use tie straps to keep the new awning from doing the same thing
- Dan Eaton, Texas

2018-08-13 2017 Keystone Summerland 2980BH View Listings

We've had terrible problems with this 2017 year model. Water leaks from faulty parts, water pump stuck open and water backfilled into our freshwater tank forcing a water leak in the bedroom floor. Now, after 18 months, the roof is pulling away from the frame! We only discovered this when rain poured into the camper this past weekend soaking everything in the cabinet in the master bedroom. I would definitely recommend the 2013 model. We had that one previously with NO ISSUES and it was stolen. We bought a new Summerland thinking we'd have the same experience, but it's really been awful. The quality has really gone downhill.
- Kelley Davis, Kentucky

2018-08-10 2018 Keystone Summerland 3030BH View Listings

Slide out leaked from day one. Wallpaper behind stove and beside entry door peeled off. (Took two months to repair at dealer, they blamed it on keystone) A/C cooling doesn't do better than a 5* drop if it's over 85* outside, dealer passed this off as not being able to repeat. (Probably because it say there for 4 months and then it was too cold) Trim around front access doors, blows off on The highway. Seam strip covering roof/front//side of camper is lifting off and screws are backing out. 12V water pump, leaked at pump fitting. Water heater control board failed after maybe 24 hrs use. Replaced board my self after being told keystone would reimburse. They'll reimburse but want a w-9 filled out so they can claim it as an expense and you have to pay the 15.3% tax on whats now considered personal income. Trim screws are always falling out everywhere on the camper. Total piece of garbage! I would never buy another keystone or related brand Rv. Very disappointing purchase.
- Shawn Irwi , Pennsylvania

2018-07-18 2015 Keystone Summerland 2820BHGS View Listings

We purchased our 2015 Summerland 2820BH used and absolutely love it. We have not had any issue's with unit. It has a large living space and was equipped with everything we were looking for including some upgrades. We use it only for camping not as a seasonal camper. The large slide is wonderful and the additional door to the bathroom is great. We had issues leveling it the first time and decided to find out what others were doing to make the process faster. The slide is really large so after we figure out where it's going to be parked we open the slide while the hitch is still attached. That was the key to leveling it fast and accurate.
- Lisa Jones, Michigan

2018-04-22 2017 Keystone Summerland 2020QB View Listings

We're starting our second season with a 2017 2020QB, just me and the wife. This is our first camper after graduating from tent camping for many years. I was a bit concerned with the Keystone brand after reading many negative reviews, but we really liked the floorplan and the price. The key to this line of campers is to temper your expectations - this is not a Lexus LS500; rather, it's a Hyundai compact commuter. Fit and finish is not the greatest and shortcuts are liberally taken on things that ultimately don't affect the function of the unit. We've put 28 nights in this thing since last May and have had no major issues to speak of. No leaks, no non-functioning units, nothing major. We're still working schmucks, so this unit is relegated to weekend trips and twice-a-year weeklong trips to the beach or mountains, and it has given us no problems at all. Caulking on the unit is a bit sloppy, but adequate to keep the water out. Visible screwheads on trim panels make for a lower-quality look, but function is up to par. I've no experience with manufacturer warranty/support, so I gave 3 stars for lack of knowing a proper score. So far, we're really happy with the unit. As with any major capital purchase, do your due diligence with regard to maintenance and use a lot of grease and this should give you years of enjoyment.
- Jon, Tennessee

2017-10-18 2016 Keystone Summerland 2720BH View Listings

Where do I begin with the problems I have had with this travel trailer. 1. The outlets on one half of camper did not work. 2. Took to shop-while in the shop the power converter caught on fire. 3. Propane went out. 4. Refrigerate went out 5. The awning deployed on its own and burned out the switch while in transit. 6. The loose awning tore the roof which was not found until after the awning was replaced. This caused the roof to leak. 7. Air conditioner had to be serviced. This travel trailer has been nothing but problems.
- Dan , Ohio

2017-09-13 2018 Keystone Summerland 2660RL View Listings

First time we took it out was on Labor Day 2017. Thoroughly enjoyed it. no problems so far.Fits our family just fine.We learned a lot about it that day as well.Look forward to using it a quite a bit more times before yrs end
- Don Smith, California

2016-12-19 2015 Keystone Summerland 1800BH View Listings

The quality of the build is not very good. Many things I fixed on my own as it would be more expensive in gas to drag it to the nearest dealer. The board separating the water tank and electric cord cubby was not even mounted. 3-4 screws on the exterior came out and fell off within the first month. P-Trap gasket for the sink was not installed correctly from the factory so the sink leaked. The table sides starting separating in the first 6 months. The bumper end caps both fell out within a month or two. Metal bits fell into our food as they did not clean out the range fan after drilling out the some metal. I had to take the screen off and vacuum it out. Currently the trailer wiring has gone bad as it keeps blowing fuses in my 2015 Tundra. There is a short somewhere that will likely take days to sort out if I can even get to the wiring. Overall I would rather have my money back and purchased a more expensive much better built model (Likely from a different company). I am getting tired of having to fix something in this trailer every time I use it.
- Ben Fain, Ohio

2016-05-08 2015 Keystone Summerland 2570RL View Listings

We purchased our Summerland trailer last May. Our first use found a hole in the awning and it was not electric as we were told it was by the salesman. Silicone all over the counters and smeared excessively around the sinks. Many other small things were wrong which the dealer fixed along with a new awning. Repair time was four weeks. We went out for the second time last week, first week in May 2016. and the valve on the toilet started leaking and the toilet fills to the rim with water. The air conditioner sounds like it is going to explode. The biggest thing that is wrong about this trailer is that the bathroom door opens into the bathroom right up against the toilet. If you had a medical emergency in the bathroom while sitting on the toilet you could not get the door open due to some one blocking the opening. I have found out that the Summerland line is the lowest end for Keystone. So you get what you pay for even when they cost just as much as higher quality products. If I had it to do over I would not even consider a Keystone product.
- Larry Braden, Kentucky

2016-04-30 2013 Keystone Summerland 1890FL View Listings

We thoroughly enjoyed this Travel Trailer. We did a lot of research before we purchased it & it had more storage & sleeping capacity then other trailers that were bigger & heavier plus It towed great. Even though it doesn't have a slide out we found it had plenty of room inside to move around. Like most trailers it could of had more counter top space but we made an extension & a stove top cover to solve that problem.
- Kitty Cusumano, Illinois

2015-04-17 2013 Keystone Summerland 1890FL View Listings

This is a great trailer. The floor plan packs more ammenities then bigger trailers. It has lots of storage and sleeping space for it's size, there are 3 wardrobes and it even has a nice big kitchen pantry. Even though it doesn't have a slide there is plenty of space to manuver around inside. You usually have to go to a bigger camper to find a full size bed plus a sofa sleeper.
- Kitty, Illinois

2014-12-15 2012 Keystone Summerland 1890FL View Listings

We love our Summerland 1890 FL it is an excellent travel trailer to tow, the tandem axles make it very steady on the road. Our favorite feature in this 24' unit is the tremendous amount of cabinet space and storage that it is designed with by Keystone. It is fully equipped and includes two 30 gal.LP tanks and electric powered awning.
- John Bair, North Carolina