Keystone Springdale Reviews on RV Insider (53)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Springdale RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rob from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Keystone Springdale 212RB View Listings

I read negative reviews about Keystone all the time, but that has not been my experience. I bought this travel trailer when the owner who purchased it new traded after 1 year for a BH model because of the kids. It is now on it's fifth season (4 for me) and has not had a single quality control issue. I have had it out camping at least 6 times per year and everything just works as it should. For what is considered an entry level unit, I am extremely impressed to say the least. I am getting ready to move into a mid level 5th wheel unit and I am probably going with a Keystone unit. I have looked at many brands other than Keystone, but Keystone offers more of what I want in a unit considering features per $ value. I hope I have as good of service from the new unit as this one. It makes a person nervous when reading all the bad reviews about Keystone, but then I read them about other manufactures also. Maybe I got a unit built on a Wednesday, that's hard to tell but because of my experience I do have faith in Keystone. Also, it is only right I should post a positive review for a positive experience.
- Rob, Idaho

2020-08-08 2019 Keystone Springdale 220BHWE View Listings

I previously owned a Terry & had no problems. Our Springdale has had 1 issue after another. Leaky awning, roof tear, 3 tire blow outs (axel wear), outdoor sink had major plumbing issue, breakaway emergency brake disengaged, & electric tongue jack malfunction. Our dealer (R & R N. Spokane) always willing to fix = + + + $$$$. I’ll never by Keystone again!
- Mark, Washington

2020-06-19 2018 Keystone Springdale 311RE View Listings

Do not ever buy a keystone rv. The quality is horrible, and you may not realize it until after purchase. They do not stand by their product, and look for any excuse to decline repairs. We learned the hard way. Buyer beware.
- Robin, Florida

2020-06-13 2014 Keystone Springdale 303BHSSR View Listings

We bought our travel trailer and fell in love with it. Enjoyed it for 6 years with regular maintenance until we found out the trailer was totally rotten. I was told keystone Springdale was one of the best trailers on the market for the price. Here I am now with a trailer that is just about 1/2 paid for and just not usable. Roof is gone, sides and slides and the outdoor kitchen is ruined. I would never recommend this product to anyone. How could a company charge so much money for something and put the cheapest materials and stick it together like that. Terrible. Looking to get some response back on this.
- Eric buffett, Newfoundland and Labrador

2020-05-20 2016 Keystone Springdale 201RDWE View Listings

This is not my first rv but this has turned out to one of the worst I have seen. The workmanship is poor and a lot of materials are cheap. My last 5th wheel I had for 18 years and didn't have hardly any problems. But with this one just about every time I take it I have to spend 100 to 2000 in repairs. This is a very expensive rig.
- Rod Cole , California

2020-05-16 2013 Keystone Springdale 303BHSSR View Listings

This trailer was a living nightmare. You expect when you pay close to 40 grand that you would be getting a very high quality camper, looks can be very deceiving . Started off loosing all the trim around the countertops and table . Slide facings were buckling off. Second year we noticed that the exterior siding was starting to rust . Yes you read that right, rust! Now I’ve seen campers from the 80s still around and the Siding on them aren’t rusty! That was replaced under warranty ,but still shouldn’t have happened. 3rd year, upon opening the camper for the season, we walk in to a mouldy infested trailer. Right from the back bunk house to the front. The floor was completely soaked from the living room slide right up to the front bedroom. I had never in my life seen so much mould. It was mould spores on every inch of that camper. It was a total write off. I have since heard of 2 other people whom had the same make and model trailer that had water issues as well. One other one was written off also due to water damage. And make sure to check the welding on the windows; they like to split apart as well. Total nightmare : stay away!
- Jimmy , Nova Scotia

2020-05-15 2018 Keystone Springdale 280BH View Listings

We have had our camper for a about year in half and absolutely love it. We use it a lot we camped out most weekends last summer as well as several weeks visiting family .We love that it has a great layout lots of storage space .I love the huge closet. We have only had one big repair since owning it and that was to the water pump got it fixed and that was it. The outdoor kitchen had shelf that pulled out and it did break our 2nd trip out but we completely removed it and use that area for storage which we tend to like better. My husband loves the electric jacks and tongue. Overall we are very satisfied with our camper.
- Jessica McGonigal, Missouri

2020-04-03 2017 Keystone Springdale 189FLWE View Listings

We have taken out the trailer several times over the last few years. When dry camping the tanks had great capacity allowing a family of 4 to be out for 4 days including Navy showers each day. We used a 20amp generator on a few adventures and it handled the load pretty well. We also had a few occasions to do full hook up and it was great. There is a good amount of storage space within the trailer. Kitchen area was livable Appliances did a great job. We love to get out camping and taking the trailer makes it even better.
- Tino F, California

2020-03-23 2018 Keystone Springdale 253FWRE View Listings

Love the cozy feel of this RV. The fireplace with the TV situated above it is perfect for chilly nights. The kitchen is a perfect size and has everything you need for cooking that perfect meal. Of course, the retractable awnings on the outside make it great to have friends over for a BBQ while listening to music. There is plenty of seating inside with the 2 leather recliners, the couch (also a bed) and the dining room table/benches (converts to yet another bed). The bathroom has two doors to make it easy for your guests to use it without having to go through the bedroom. The bathroom is bright and light with a skylight over the shower. There is a sliding door from the bathroom to the bedroom so it does not take up any additional space. The bedroom has a queen size bed with nightstands and a another skylight. Many windows throughout make you feel like you are part of nature. There is so much storage in this RV! There is tons of built in storage in the living/dining areas. There are armoires throughout the bedroom with rods to hang clothing. There is storage inside and outside - anywhere you can think of! The best thing about this RV is it is in brand new condition. It has barely had any use, and you are getting it all for so much less than buying a brand new one from a dealer. Price is negotiable too!
- Chad, Texas

2020-02-21 2014 Keystone Springdale 282BHSSR View Listings

We specifically bought this model to take our 4 grandkids camping when they come to visit during the summer months. First year was fine. 2016 we went to pack trailer for trip to Disney, and found roof leaks. Patched up and seemed to be fine. I made sure to check on trailer as often as possible, after heavy rains, big snow melts. Sometimes it was dry, sometimes there was heavy leaks found. Each time we would clean it up and patch the best way I could. It's now got interior roof damage, both mini closets next to master bed are peeling. It's sad, we bought a used jayco 24 ft years ago and had that for almost 30 yrs with only minor problems. It's still being used. Now every time we go camping we wonder what we will find or what might happen if it rains.
- John Laichalk, Michigan

2020-02-18 2013 Keystone Springdale 294BHSSR View Listings

Love the RV. Very comfortable. It has a 10 gallon hot water heater with 18 gallon recovery per hour. 2-50 gallon water tanks, 1 for hookup and 1 for camping if no water is available. Propane heat and central air, surround sound with outside speakers as well. Outside kitchen with gas cooking. Outside shower as well for cleaning fish or washing off before going inside. Health reasons for selling. Below NADA value. Must see to appreciate.
- Larry Gaul, Mississippi

2019-12-29 2017 Keystone Springdale 179QB View Listings

I would highly recommend this "problem free" trailer to Anyone, because, after owning a "new" 2017 Forest River Palomino, which was a "Total Nightmare", that included problems with plumbing, electrical, water leaks & discovering the box was Not "bolted" to the frame, after it came "OFF", in the rain, while driving, with, absolutely, No Factory Support, "EVER", my Keystone trailer was very reliable, even when subjected to "extreme" wind & rain & snow conditions & Never leaked a drop or had Anything, suddenly, stop working !!! I never had to take it back to the Dealer for anything !!! Choose wisely & Enjoy your time together !!! Note: It was a little too wide for me to easily drive, but nice when you were inside !!!
- Ron Lee, Washington

2019-11-09 2019 Keystone Springdale 2020QB View Listings

One of the main side windows guide broke. The dealer submitted it two times to Keystone for warranty but they refused both claims. The 2020 QB was brand new. The kitchen sink faucet leaked really bad. Keystone fixed that. The hot water heaters element for electric use had to be replaced. The side molding around the sink is falling off. IMHO Keystone builds horrible trailers. This 2020 QB is a 2019 model.
- ron, Oklahoma

2019-10-11 2014 Keystone Springdale 282BHSSR View Listings

First off i have been camping for 50 years had my jayco for 23 years, finely time to get my dream trailer. Open the door to start packing, water all over my night stand my little closet warped with water, husband go on roof to seal, other side leaks sealed the whole top. Soon after all that electric jack stopped working had to replace, now camping without water hook up fill tank as we pull in get set up pump not working right, so as i sit here crying, off my husband does to get parts to fix, i go to my night stand and notice next to night stand wall paper all bubbled from water I'm ready to give up
- Robin, Michigan

2019-10-03 2017 Keystone Springdale 240BHWE View Listings

This RV has been great. We're a family of four and once a year we spend 2 weeks in the RV. Lot's of room and very functional. 3 years later and it's leaking, I can't tell where from. Now I will have to spend a ton of $$$ to get it checked/sealed. New RV is a waste of money! buy used, you'll have to put money in regardless.
- Allan, British Columbia

2019-09-27 2016 Keystone Springdale 201RDWE View Listings

So I want to know why you would make a 70 year old couple with health concerns pay for damage clearly done by factory defects. I have heard all kinds of complaints from Pik A Dilly company in Brandon and Springdale trailers. I am a camper owner myself and would never consider your dealership or your product ever again. My parents are Jim and Linda Kirton from Birch Hills Sk and there trailer is about 3 years old with very little mileage. The siding is coming apart and the walls are coming apart inside the camper. Literally fell apart from the inside. Absolutely garbage for almost $40000. I will go to Social Media and make sure everyone knows that you DO NOT STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT. Shame on you!!
- Bobbi-lyn Kirton, Saskatchewan

2019-08-01 2019 Keystone Springdale 293RK View Listings

This is our first RV and so far we have really enjoyed it. We bought it this January and have since taken it out for two local weekend trips and two long distance, multi-state trips. It is a starter-grade TV so quality is not top-notch, but it still good enough to survive all those trips with only a slight kitchen water line leak (after travelling on horrible Illinois and Michigan highways for several days). Although the trailer is long, we only had trouble maneuvering it into a site at Interlochen State Park in Michigan which had lots of Pine trees, but it wasn't impossible. We upgraded the bed to a residential queen which wiped out the space at the end of the bed, but having the entry to the bathroom off the bedroom helps. Even though we didn't rate th is unit all 5 stars, it is of excellent quality and size for a starter RV. Please email if you have questions, I would be happy to help!
- Allen Cooley, Kansas

2019-07-17 2019 Keystone Springdale 220BHWE View Listings

I'll start with the good stuff. I like the layout OK. The bunks are wider than most and the open floor plan makes it feel roomy. Now for the not so good, The biggest issue is the welding on the tongue. I had to take it to shop and have some welds redone they were so bad. I found a loose crimp in the battery cables and when I checked the rest of them, one ring connector just fell off and most were loose due to poor crimps. I completely rebuilt all of them properly. They should be ashamed of the extremely poor quality job done on the battery cables. Overall construction is very poor. The wall panels are buckling out at the seams. The dealer gave me trim strips to cover that up. (I was in a rush to leave town after the purchase and did not have time for them to spend days fixing everything). The shower enclosure is buckling out from the wall and when you push it back you can feel the glue stick momentarily then release. The dinette support for converting to a bed was falling off. The dealer screwed that back on before I left. The TV mount area has a sticker identifying it as such, but there is no added support behind the marked location. The screens on some windows and the roof vents do not even come close to sealing the windows against bugs. There are huge gaps in the window screen, and the roof vent screens constantly fall off. The crank out window does not close tight and you have to go outside to push it closed. The table is on 2 support legs and they were installed very crooked. The drawers are mounted crooked and do not close. The bathroom door is so poorly fitted it will not stay closed. The "Solar Ready" feature is a joke and has a red wire connected to a black wire then back to red. Proper wire color codes should be adhered to by a manufacturer. The fused wire form the SAE connector was also wired incorrectly to a circuit breaker instead of directly to the battery as solar should be. The plastic wheel well trim is warping and pulling away from the sides. The entire camper has wood dust and metal shavings left everywhere. No attempt was made to clean it out after construction. The paint on the trailer frame is very poor and covered with rust already. In general, the poor construction shows up in many places. There are glue stains on the paneling and floor. It is obvious that Keystone is concentrating on quantity over quality. And how is it that in this day of electronics that there is no way to charge a phone from a USB port connected to the battery? Even a cheap RV should have 12 volt outlet installed. As you might guess, I do not recommend this trailer! Too bad I can't included photos in this review to show these issues.
- Howard Miller, Idaho

2019-07-09 2015 Keystone Springdale 267SRT View Listings

Not sure if mine is just a dud or if this is an indication of overall brand quality from keystone. Shortly after buying this expensive dissapointment I began finding metal shavings mostly in my feet. They appeared to be from the siding being drilled. Then my scissor Jacks on the front failed. Turned into a large fight with the dealership to have them replaced on warranty. Now four years in my rear ones are falling apart the same way. Common as per another review I read. My fan hood is sagging down over the stove as the material it is screwed into is paper thin. I had to replace my propane regulator and attached hoses as it seized and they cracked (always covered so not from elements) and now I am sitting in nice sunshine watching water drip from my slide-out from yesterday's 30 min rain. Some tents don't leak and we're much cheaper. Still owe too much otherwise would trade it in and get rid of it.
- James Rae, British Columbia

2019-06-25 2016 Keystone Springdale 260TBWE View Listings

This is the only RV I've owned, so keep that perspective in mind. Overall, it has been a great experience and I have no doubt I will own another in the future. My favorite features are: The easy-to-clean, non-carpeted floors The separate Master Suite with a door Bunk beds at the opposite end of the trailer Simple and easy-to-use ammenities Light-weight and easy to tow with a 1/2 ton truck Large fresh-water tank Electronic awning My few nitpicks are: Once 2 people are standing in the living area, there's no room for anyone else While the trailer is easy to tow, it's basically a giant sail, killing my mileage. (9-10 mpg) I wish there were more room around the Master bed to move and change clothes I wish it came with 2 batteries, but that's super easy to fix Overall, I'm very pleased and would be buy it again. It handled rough fire roads, nasty storm conditions, and dry camping with ease.
- Michael Pollard, Oregon

2019-05-22 2013 Keystone Springdale 294BHS View Listings

Great Trailer for a large family. We purchased to use for my son's travel baseball schedule. We are not traveling this year as much (new team) so are not using it at all. Great for kids, we have 5, and there was room for all to sleep in this camper.The back bedroom with three bunk beds is perfect. Has a door that can but so kids can get their own space. Very user friendly, lots of outdoor living space (awnings, outdoor stove and kitchen), outdoor shower). Pop-out makes great space in the living room to hang out.
- Erin, Indiana

2019-05-20 2016 Keystone Springdale 201RDWE View Listings

Extended warranty with 6 years left Anti-Sway Hookup- Blue Ox 2 Propane Tanks 2 Batteries AC/Heat Satellite Huge Water tank Surround Sound Stereo System Brand new Queen size bed Two step entrance Outdoor Shower Outdoor Flood Light Outdoor Outlet Electric Awning LED Outdoor Lights Outdoor Speakers Large Back Window Tiled backsplash kitchen and bathroom
- ndix777, Montana

2019-05-04 2015 Keystone Springdale 225RB View Listings

I owned this very same trailer for 2 years. We only used it 11 days a year. It worked well for us but we decided to stop camping at the Indiana Covered Bridge Festival. It is a little hard to pull with a Colorado Z71 4 wheel drive but I think a larger truck would be better. Everything worked well. Some things we never even used like the outside kitchen and shower.
- Van Cochran, Illinois

2019-04-02 2019 Keystone Springdale 27TH View Listings

No trip for us till we spend another 500. Or so to get a NEW mattress. The bed is like granite!!! Really!!! Will not give a decent review till YOU fix your idea of a mattress. I bet you won't put this in your ad!!!!!!
- Weldon swindell, Montana

2019-02-24 2018 Keystone Springdale 225RBWE View Listings

We bought this trailer brand new in 2017. It has been having ongoing and multiple leaks from day one. Leaks from roof,plumbing, walls and so on. We have not had a time period where the leaks have not been an issue. We also had interior wall panel come part from the studs as well as staples hanging out in the bunks where our small children sleep. Thw quality of this unit is beyond horrible!!! We at this time are unable to plan tripsbto use our rv because its always leaking and in the shop. We Will never buy a keystone product again
- Chris , British Columbia