Keystone Springdale RVs Reviews (38)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Springdale RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rob from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Keystone Springdale RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Keystone Springdale 212RB View Listings

I read negative reviews about Keystone all the time, but that has not been my experience. I bought this travel trailer when the owner who purchased it new traded after 1 year for a BH model because of the kids. It is now on it's fifth season (4 for me) and has not had a single quality control issue. I have had it out camping at least 6 times per year and everything just works as it should. For what is considered an entry level unit, I am extremely impressed to say the least. I am getting ready to move into a mid level 5th wheel unit and I am probably going with a Keystone unit. I have looked at many brands other than Keystone, but Keystone offers more of what I want in a unit considering features per $ value. I hope I have as good of service from the new unit as this one. It makes a person nervous when reading all the bad reviews about Keystone, but then I read them about other manufactures also. Maybe I got a unit built on a Wednesday, that's hard to tell but because of my experience I do have faith in Keystone. Also, it is only right I should post a positive review for a positive experience.
- Rob, Idaho

2019-08-01 2019 Keystone Springdale 293RK View Listings

This is our first RV and so far we have really enjoyed it. We bought it this January and have since taken it out for two local weekend trips and two long distance, multi-state trips. It is a starter-grade TV so quality is not top-notch, but it still good enough to survive all those trips with only a slight kitchen water line leak (after travelling on horrible Illinois and Michigan highways for several days). Although the trailer is long, we only had trouble maneuvering it into a site at Interlochen State Park in Michigan which had lots of Pine trees, but it wasn't impossible. We upgraded the bed to a residential queen which wiped out the space at the end of the bed, but having the entry to the bathroom off the bedroom helps. Even though we didn't rate th is unit all 5 stars, it is of excellent quality and size for a starter RV. Please email if you have questions, I would be happy to help!
- Allen Cooley, Kansas

2019-07-17 2019 Keystone Springdale 220BHWE View Listings

I'll start with the good stuff. I like the layout OK. The bunks are wider than most and the open floor plan makes it feel roomy. Now for the not so good, The biggest issue is the welding on the tongue. I had to take it to shop and have some welds redone they were so bad. I found a loose crimp in the battery cables and when I checked the rest of them, one ring connector just fell off and most were loose due to poor crimps. I completely rebuilt all of them properly. They should be ashamed of the extremely poor quality job done on the battery cables. Overall construction is very poor. The wall panels are buckling out at the seams. The dealer gave me trim strips to cover that up. (I was in a rush to leave town after the purchase and did not have time for them to spend days fixing everything). The shower enclosure is buckling out from the wall and when you push it back you can feel the glue stick momentarily then release. The dinette support for converting to a bed was falling off. The dealer screwed that back on before I left. The TV mount area has a sticker identifying it as such, but there is no added support behind the marked location. The screens on some windows and the roof vents do not even come close to sealing the windows against bugs. There are huge gaps in the window screen, and the roof vent screens constantly fall off. The crank out window does not close tight and you have to go outside to push it closed. The table is on 2 support legs and they were installed very crooked. The drawers are mounted crooked and do not close. The bathroom door is so poorly fitted it will not stay closed. The "Solar Ready" feature is a joke and has a red wire connected to a black wire then back to red. Proper wire color codes should be adhered to by a manufacturer. The fused wire form the SAE connector was also wired incorrectly to a circuit breaker instead of directly to the battery as solar should be. The plastic wheel well trim is warping and pulling away from the sides. The entire camper has wood dust and metal shavings left everywhere. No attempt was made to clean it out after construction. The paint on the trailer frame is very poor and covered with rust already. In general, the poor construction shows up in many places. There are glue stains on the paneling and floor. It is obvious that Keystone is concentrating on quantity over quality. And how is it that in this day of electronics that there is no way to charge a phone from a USB port connected to the battery? Even a cheap RV should have 12 volt outlet installed. As you might guess, I do not recommend this trailer! Too bad I can't included photos in this review to show these issues.
- Howard Miller, Idaho

2019-07-09 2015 Keystone Springdale 267SRT View Listings

Not sure if mine is just a dud or if this is an indication of overall brand quality from keystone. Shortly after buying this expensive dissapointment I began finding metal shavings mostly in my feet. They appeared to be from the siding being drilled. Then my scissor Jacks on the front failed. Turned into a large fight with the dealership to have them replaced on warranty. Now four years in my rear ones are falling apart the same way. Common as per another review I read. My fan hood is sagging down over the stove as the material it is screwed into is paper thin. I had to replace my propane regulator and attached hoses as it seized and they cracked (always covered so not from elements) and now I am sitting in nice sunshine watching water drip from my slide-out from yesterday's 30 min rain. Some tents don't leak and we're much cheaper. Still owe too much otherwise would trade it in and get rid of it.
- James Rae, British Columbia

2019-06-25 2016 Keystone Springdale 260TBWE View Listings

This is the only RV I've owned, so keep that perspective in mind. Overall, it has been a great experience and I have no doubt I will own another in the future. My favorite features are: The easy-to-clean, non-carpeted floors The separate Master Suite with a door Bunk beds at the opposite end of the trailer Simple and easy-to-use ammenities Light-weight and easy to tow with a 1/2 ton truck Large fresh-water tank Electronic awning My few nitpicks are: Once 2 people are standing in the living area, there's no room for anyone else While the trailer is easy to tow, it's basically a giant sail, killing my mileage. (9-10 mpg) I wish there were more room around the Master bed to move and change clothes I wish it came with 2 batteries, but that's super easy to fix Overall, I'm very pleased and would be buy it again. It handled rough fire roads, nasty storm conditions, and dry camping with ease.
- Michael Pollard, Oregon

2019-05-22 2013 Keystone Springdale 294BHS View Listings

Great Trailer for a large family. We purchased to use for my son's travel baseball schedule. We are not traveling this year as much (new team) so are not using it at all. Great for kids, we have 5, and there was room for all to sleep in this camper.The back bedroom with three bunk beds is perfect. Has a door that can but so kids can get their own space. Very user friendly, lots of outdoor living space (awnings, outdoor stove and kitchen), outdoor shower). Pop-out makes great space in the living room to hang out.
- Erin, Indiana

2019-05-20 2016 Keystone Springdale 201RDWE View Listings

Extended warranty with 6 years left Anti-Sway Hookup- Blue Ox 2 Propane Tanks 2 Batteries AC/Heat Satellite Huge Water tank Surround Sound Stereo System Brand new Queen size bed Two step entrance Outdoor Shower Outdoor Flood Light Outdoor Outlet Electric Awning LED Outdoor Lights Outdoor Speakers Large Back Window Tiled backsplash kitchen and bathroom
- ndix777@gmail.com, Montana

2019-05-04 2015 Keystone Springdale 225RB View Listings

I owned this very same trailer for 2 years. We only used it 11 days a year. It worked well for us but we decided to stop camping at the Indiana Covered Bridge Festival. It is a little hard to pull with a Colorado Z71 4 wheel drive but I think a larger truck would be better. Everything worked well. Some things we never even used like the outside kitchen and shower.
- Van Cochran, Illinois

2019-04-02 2019 Keystone Springdale 27TH View Listings

No trip for us till we spend another 500. Or so to get a NEW mattress. The bed is like granite!!! Really!!! Will not give a decent review till YOU fix your idea of a mattress. I bet you won't put this in your ad!!!!!!
- Weldon swindell, Montana

2019-02-24 2018 Keystone Springdale 225RBWE View Listings

We bought this trailer brand new in 2017. It has been having ongoing and multiple leaks from day one. Leaks from roof,plumbing, walls and so on. We have not had a time period where the leaks have not been an issue. We also had interior wall panel come part from the studs as well as staples hanging out in the bunks where our small children sleep. Thw quality of this unit is beyond horrible!!! We at this time are unable to plan tripsbto use our rv because its always leaking and in the shop. We Will never buy a keystone product again
- Chris , British Columbia

2019-02-22 2014 Keystone Springdale 38BH View Listings

My family and love this trailer. Amazing quality. We use this trailer every weekend in the summer and into the fall. Everything works as it should. I would recommend Keystone to anybody looking for a quality unit at a great price. Unbeatable.
- Ken, Newfoundland

2019-02-18 2018 Keystone Springdale 179QBWE View Listings

We LOVE this trailer!! It has SO many great features for a smaller, lightweight travel trailer. For example: *60-40-40 fresh-grey-black tanks, *electric awning w/lights, *stereo w/DVD player - inside & outside speakers *large refrigerator w/separate freezer, *dual axles, brakes on all wheels, *HUGE picture windows make you feel like you are outside all the time, *shower/tub, porcelain toilet, easy to clean bathroom w/lavatory sink, *LOTS of storage inside and outside, *kitchen counter space, stove, oven & microwave This is the perfect trailer for a couple!! Have had NO problems whatsoever, easy to tow and maneuver.
- Nancy Dietrick, California

2018-12-05 2018 Keystone Springdale 2930RK View Listings

I only got to use this camper one season. It was perfect! The kitchen has ample space for a cook and the layout is perfect for a family. There is a ton of storage also. If I were able to keep it I wouldn't have any other camper. It would even be perfect for a month-long trip to Florida or something. Plenty of storage and nice amenities to make you comfortable. Set-up is also a breeze.
- Shara Weiss, Missouri

2018-10-31 2017 Keystone Springdale 202QBWE View Listings

After looking at many trailers, this was by far the best floorplan for us. The walkaround queen bed is great, but most importantly, the views and natural light from the dining area,with three windows, the rear being huge. Everything has worked great this first season, no problems at all with it, though a few little things could be better, such as the sharp bottom edges of the wardrobes on the sides of the bed.
- Joe Pelonio, Washington

2018-09-27 2004 Keystone Springdale 280IKLGL View Listings

This is a 28ft springdale by keystone with ac, heat, stove, fridge and everything you will need. It has a new ridge core floor and a new 20 foot awning is very easy to pull and really fun to camp in and just spending time with the family.
- Matt Williams , South Carolina

2018-08-20 2018 Keystone Springdale 235RB View Listings

Bought this camper in mid July brand new.Loved the looks of it and seemed like a real quality rv overall compared to others we looked at.Brought it home, and our first camping experience was a disaster.had a bad check valve or it was installed backwards. Not sure. Low points hot and cold were leaking.Loose fittings under the hot water tank. Door for the bathroom wouldn't stay shut. Toilet had a loose valve so water would just drain out.Other than that it was great.Lost 3 weeks of prime camping time. Disgusted! Apparently they're just slapping these things together anymore.
- Stephen Fox, Pennsylvania

2018-05-28 2013 Keystone Springdale 267BHSSR View Listings

First trip out TV fell off wall. Less than 200 miles on trailer and rear axle lost camber. Rear tires toed out and peeled tires. DID NOT OVERLOAD. OK Trailer/Camping World of Idaho Falls would not warranty (where purchased). Cabinets hinges pulled out of particle board. Fuses continually blow when extending slide out. Will never purchase another Springdale or work with dealer again
- Chris T. Brown, Idaho

2018-04-30 2018 Keystone Springdale 3030BH View Listings

Just took our first trip in this trailer. Some of the materials in ours are rather cheap. When we attempted to make the table into a bed, one of the table pedestals pulled right out of the floor. The screws holding them down are tiny and barely go into the carpet, let alone the actual floor. The flooring does not seem real solid either. Our main complaint about this trailer compared to our last one is the lack of storage. This is actually a good thing though as I realized we had a lot of stuff we really didn't need in the old one. But if you are a "just in case" packer, you may need to get creative with where you put things. Everything else worked great!
- Rick, Washington

2018-02-24 2017 Keystone Springdale 202QBWE View Listings

Best floorplan we could gind in a 20’. Access to full queen bed from noth sides, oven, 3 burner stove. Best part is natural light in dining area with winows on two sides and back, the latter being huge. So far no problems.
- Joe, Washington

2018-01-15 2017 Keystone Springdale 270LE View Listings

I bought rv in 2017.I like the floor plan. The electric awning motor had to be replaced, now we have a leak on the slide out under the bench and they will not fix it because that's regular maintenance. I'm sorry but if you don't caulk it correctly,like they should have done we would not have this problem. .
- Lydia Starkey, North Carolina

2017-11-24 2017 Keystone Springdale 270LE View Listings

Great travel trailer! It has tons of amenities and has been reliable since we brought it home. Given the size and the cost, it's an amazing value. It would highly recommend it to anyone that's looking to get into camping.
- Jeff Hevrin, Illinois

2017-11-16 2002 Keystone Springdale 190SRT View Listings

Model 195FL not listed but thas what we got, and it is a great little traveler ! Tows easy,smooth and rock steady behind 1/2 ton pick up - gotta remember it's back there! And the tandem wheels let it go just about anywhere. Good comfy solid basics inside with good storage, and handy outside storage too.
- J.B., New York

2017-07-26 2016 Keystone Springdale 38FL View Listings

Don't buy this camper! Built to specs means the floor sags after 1 month, brand new, and the refrigerator quits after 1 year. And no one is accountable, not Keystone or the dealer. Lawyers say not worth the money to fight it. Grand.
- Guess who, New York

2017-07-24 2017 Keystone Springdale 253FWRE View Listings

One of the selling feature of this RV was the one piece recycled "plastic" floor that will never rot, warp, etc. Within a year of purchase (in Michigan so only summer use) the floor by the refrigerator and stove has a HUGE dip in it as if it has warped. Brought it to the RV place we bought it from. His crew cannot fix the floor. It is directly over the heat ducts and there is not enough support from the underside to hold it up. Have paperwork back and forth with Keystone to see what can be done. I am just sick over this. After a month of paperwork back and forth, I don't want it "fixed" I want my $$$ back!
- Pam Veach, Michigan

2017-07-01 2017 Keystone Springdale 282BH View Listings

Love this trailer, no problems with any of it. It's great, I have friends who have had their brand new trailer in shop many times for problems.. not me...no problems here we are very pleased with this trailer. I would buy another one if I could and definitely recommend it to anyone looking at trailers..
- Kari, California