Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite Reviews on RV Insider (16)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David L.Desormeaux from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2011 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 295RE View Listings

We love this travel trailer. It has the best most roomy arrangement of any one that we have ever seen in a 34 foot long tag alone trailer. We tow it with a properly equipped Ford F150 truck and it tows fine. We saved over a 1000 pounds tow weight by getting this welded aluminum frame super lite vs a standard similar keystone Sprinter trailer. This trailer comes equipped with everything you need but we added an electric tongue jack and roll out awnings over the two slide outs as extras and glad we did. Once you are set up, you could live in this relatively easy tow trailer. It has stereo with 3 options on speaker output location, small outdoor grill with sink, lots of storage capacity, pop up flat screen TV with better reception than at home, large camping awning,stove, refrigerator, heat/AC, artic insulation, etc. It also has a private shower, sink/bath accessible by door from bedroom or living room. The wide living room and kitchen area is great due on this particular arrangement.It has a large opposing slide out on each side giving you very good room for the areas you spend the most time in. The large unobstructed picture window on the back of the trailer is fantastic. What ever you back up to you are living the scenery as good as tent camping but in AC comfort.
- David L.Desormeaux, Texas

2020-08-23 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

I have had great experiences with this travel trailer over the last few years. Everything worked perfectly from day one and still no issues. It’s light enough to pull with my Ram 1500 and durable enough to withstand our trip from Ohio to South Carolina.
- Bob Twiss, Ohio

2020-08-15 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

We purchased our Outback 240URS in May 2018. Initially we had some very minor repairs...cosmetic issues around the dinette, and the base mounts on the dinette table pulled out of the floor after 3 uses. Easy fixes....dinette table floor mounts just put in large diameter screws....and has work fine for 2 years. Now we are about 28-30 months into our ownership. The furnace (Atwood 35000 btu) quit working. After tearing it out of the rig....which is not made for anything to be removed when it does and will fail.....has a reset switch that is flat on top of the furnace...clear in the back by the wall that you can not see unless you tear out the unit....or otherwise know where it is. It has temporarily allowed the furnace to contunue to work. Biggest issue....blew the rear AXLE on the trailer about a month ago. They did not grease the hub bearings properly at the factory....I have since had to put in an entirely new axle and brake assemble (make sure you put extra grease in your hubs right when you purchase it.....or have the shop do it....it will save you thousands of dollars and a ton of head aches. You will also find that the company Keystone uses for axles has had recalls nearly every year they ha e been open for exactly that issue of not putting enough grease in the hubs). I have also had a leak in the drinking water tank. It had a screw drilled i to it at the factory...one of the screws thT hold the black underbelly card board in place drilled straight into the edge of the tank. Did not find this little nugget until I was out of warranty and started to boon dock in national forest and had to use the tank for the first time. Also not designed to be removed for replacement or repairs....I had to modify the tank frame to remove the tank and reinstall it. Boon docking with no water is very difficult. I purchased and had work performed at Camping World....which will NEVER happen again. Customer service is a joke....if you can get them to even talk with you. And the quality of work is absolutely garbage. I did have good luck using my GOOD SAMS extended warranty. They did not give me any hassles and paid the bill. So also check out your local RV repair shops reviews....and find a good one before you take your rig in to be worked on. I still feel the RV is a good rig....I have seen far worse reviews on other brands....and it appears to be more of an industry problem of POOR QUALITY CONTROL....and nearly ZERO oversite for construction.
- Kevin Stilson, Colorado

2020-06-08 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Have owned the 2017 since last year. First time RV'er. Things break, that's the nature of RV camping I'm told. Heater control board, water faucet, LP tank connector, etc. Lots of little things, but we have worked through them. Camper tows very easily, been across country a few times already. I haven't made any warranty claims, as the trailer was used, but I was required to make an entry in Factory Warranty/Support listing above. The side loading garage is awesome for dirt bikes, motorcycles, bikes or kayaks.
- Dirk Diggler, Michigan

2020-05-18 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 293UBH View Listings

We purchased this 2018 Outback 293 UBH to live in full time after we sold our house outside Seattle, WA. In the two years we owned it, we put over 60,000 miles on it. This unit was perfect for us. It was super easy to tow with our F-250 and it fit everywhere we traveled, from off road sites at Joshua Tree to super tight camp sites in Florida. Another really slick thing we used all the time was the outdoor kitchen. Whether we were using to cook on or shower when we parked at the beach, this amenity was worth it's weight in gold. The main things we loved about this rig was the ability to get to everything with the slide in. That meant on travel days, we could stop at a rest stop and still have access to the full kitchen as well as the bathroom and back bedroom. The other thing we really liked was the bunk room. This was the perfect set up for our 7 and 9 year old girls to have their own space to play and sleep. Of course with the miles we covered we had occasional problems; however, they were all accommodated with a few days in service. I would strongly recommend this unit to a family to either vacation in or travel full time.
- Paul G., Texas

2020-03-18 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 299URL View Listings

We purchased this camper new. Overall weight is very comparable to other campers with rear living space however kitchen design is much nicer with more counter space and storage than other campers with kitchen at rear door. Bathroom has a lot of space for extra linens etc. Bedroom is nice but plan on purchasing a new mattress (what camper has a good mattress?). 2018 last year with outdoor kitchen in this model. Simple two burner stove and sink with hot and cold water but amazing how much we use it. Entertainment center with 50” tv is overkill (states my wife) but I’m not complaining. It is nice when it rains or to cold or windy to sit next to fire. We love it and plenty of floor space to dance with slide out extended. If looking for a camper take a close look at the Outback.
- Craig Emmert, Colorado

2020-02-13 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Have 14,000 miles, crosses the US 3 times now Fl to CA. One trip used as toyhauler, two trips using front as an all purpose area from gear to kennel, two second bedroom with queen I flatable bed for guests. Gives me my mancave while wife has her apt. Use two Miltary lockers, one gear, one extra food,a d 8 sides dog fence. Setup and break camp in minutes with ramp.carry a 3809 inverter generator and a 12vokt extra refrig) freezer on King stretches. Installed a bug screen when gate is opened. Weigh station when loaded with gear and water at 5950 lbs. And use a Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.7 Hemi to pull it.
- Robert Kay, Florida

2020-01-28 2018 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 293UBH View Listings

I would not recommend this brand to anyone. I had a gulf stream Kingsport that was amazing, I thought I was upgrading, turns out I was just wasting money. I had it for a month, then it spent a month getting repaired. it then had multiple problems, to which keystone refused to address the issues other than saying it is in the manual.we live in Canada, anyone that buys a trailer with a winter package knows it wont hold up to a Canadian winter, but the reality of it is that it is useless at 0 celsious. their customer support is beyond pathetic, they wont answer your concerns and backpeddle at every question or don't respond. I have emails to back up everything. don't buy a keystone
- jason zebedee, British Columbia

2019-10-15 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Purchased this 240 foor the cargo space upfront for our English Mastiff and XL Crate it hauls perfect light weight great comfort easy set up wish there were a few more electrical outlets but overall for looks comfort, roominess 5/5
- Mike Reed, Alabama

2019-09-19 2020 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 210URS View Listings

We liked the Keystone 210 URS - it's the first travel trailer we saw - and months later ended up buying it - after checking out many brands of travel trailers. We had the trailer 2 months and noticed a leak in a window seal - long story short - our trailer was totaled out - too much damage to repair. We returned it to Northside RV in Lexington, KY for repairs two months ago. One month after it had been there we inquired about the status. It was then we learned it likely would be totaled out - no one had bothered to call before that to keep us in the loop. We were told by Northside RV it was up to us to deal with Keystone - we didn't think that was right so we complained that the dealer should be the go-between in an event like this. Northside finally went to bat for us - but they were hampered constantly (just as we were) by phone calls not returned, sick employees that no one bothered to tell us were sick and that's why our calls weren't returned, etc.etc.etc. Even going above the employee's (Samantha)'s head - to her boss - Michelle - yielded NO RESULTS - NO CALLS - NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. We have a trip planned and we're leaving the end of September - so we were in a crunch. Finally the GM of Northside became involved after threats to go to BBB. I also complained to Keystone, but did not hear back from ANY employee's there. Keystone finally totaled it out, approved a newer model (went from 2019 to 2020 at no added cost to us), and we picked it up today. My thoughts on Keystone are extremely negative. Their customer service is terrible - they have no regard for what their customers are going through nor do have the professionalism to see something through in a timely manner. I would think 2 months to realize a trailer is ruined, beyond repair, and authorizing the paperwork to replace it - would and could have been done within a matter of weeks - not months. ZERO stars to Keystone for customer satisfaction - I suggest you hire some professional customer service reps going forward. I would never recommend Keystone to our family/friends given the headaches they gave us.
- Bruce Laybourne, Ohio

2019-04-06 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 272UFL View Listings

My wife & I heard about this camper prior to Dec show in Des Moines (2016). We were excited that finally a ultra lite with 2 slides was going to be available in March at local dealer.When given the walk through I'd asked if the water could be ran through the system to check on everything before spending 21,000. The answer was it will cost little over 100 to do that. Guess I should have let gut instinct take over. 2 weeks later I sent water through the system only to have water running out the kitchen slide. The plumbing under sink was not tighten down. Also found same for small outside kitchen sink. The cabinet hinges are flimsy and since have been replaced to keep them from eventually breaking. TV wall mount was put on backwards. The bedroom is the sweet spot of this Camper. Roomy,lots of closet room, the dresser is perfect & the bathroom is only a step away. Eventually removing couch for love seat recliner and insert from room fireplace placed in cupboard along side of stereo/DVD player. We wanted reclining chairs for couch but dealership said it couldn't be done.It can & will be soon. Thanks to friends who have helped me make our camper our dream house.
- Jim Seago, Iowa

2019-03-04 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS View Listings

Have traveled cross country, pulled by Hemi powered Grand Cherokee. Rear king pull out gives 36 ft of space. Forward "toyhauler gives a second bedroom to hauler, to antique collecting, a 8x8 all purpose room with ramp. 5900 lbs loaded, tracks well. Setup and breakdown in 29 minutes or less. Side slider adds 1300 lbs and rather have able to get in anywhere, St Parks, Etc. Live it, short or long haul. Been in 112 degree Death Valky to 18 degree Ely NV. Added roof solar and a 87 lb.inverter generator for BLM camping. Outdoor kitchen, added curtain for the outdoor h/c water for shower. 24 ft awning covers front access ramp. Great all purpose trailer. Detach and 4 wheel Jeeping if desired.
- Robert Kay, Florida

2018-10-16 2015 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 324CG View Listings

Used for full time. On the road five years travelling as work campers. Great set up, easy to pull however requires 3/4ton or bigger. Loved it hate to sell. Is extra roomy and easy to heat and cool with forced air furnace and 2 air conditioners. Closet space in bedroom, passage way and cargo area. Great for full time or a special weekend get away. Hook up is a breeze
- Clark, Missouri

2017-10-14 2016 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 255UBH View Listings

Bought our Outback in January. First there's a recall with no parts for fix. Second the flooring under the outdoor fridge fell apart. Third thank God I noticed a leak at the hose going into the toilet. I have a towel (second of the day) under it now so the floor doesn't ruin. I'm becoming less and less a Keystone fan.
- Lisa, Texas

2016-08-16 2016 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 208re View Listings

The pickup that I have is not able to safely pull this travel trailer. I was lied to by the dealership. The outback however is a very nice camper. The unit has tons of storage and the bed is very comfortable. The shower is large enough for 2 people which I love. The living room is designed with a lot of space.
- David Stigall , South Carolina

2016-04-08 2016 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 324CG View Listings

This is a very easy towing Travel Trailer. It has very good ground clearance with great suspension and high quality tires. Love the arched roof both inside and outside, water rolls off quickly and the added headroom inside is awesome. This unit gives more comfort to living in a RV vice living in your toy Hauler with the toy hauler area totally closed off from the living area. Very nice functional layout.
- Scot Ferguson, Vermont