Keystone Outback

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Outback RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carrie marks from Alabama says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Outback 293UBH View Listings

We purchased to live in for a few months when we moved out of state for my husband's job. On first campground hook up, kitchen sink will not drain. After calling keystone and place we purchased multiple times, NO HELP. We have a warranty. VERY DISSATISFIED!!!
- Carrie marks, Alabama

2021-10-01 2011 Keystone Outback 277RL View Listings

We have used this RV yearly for 9 years to visit family and travel 3-4 months to Florida, Louisiana, and Texas. During that time we continued to keep up and upgrade several items on the RV. We truly enjoyed the comforts of home on wheels. If you like dry camping this trailer is self contained with a generator to support all your needs as well.
- Francis Cote, New York

2021-09-28 2016 Keystone Outback 324CG View Listings

We love our RV, it is perfect for us, because of the Garage. Lots of room and storage. Unfortunately the floor of the main Slide-out dropped down, while at the dinner table, revealing a 1.5" crack to the outside. We are waiting to see if the manufacturer will stand behind, and repair the structural damage.
- Alan Petersen, Idaho

2021-09-10 2012 Keystone Outback 320BH View Listings

will never buy another keystone called about 2 years after purchase because clearcoat coming off nose and was told they new there was a fault in the clearcoat that year and that since it was past 1 year warranty they wer'nt going to do anything when I asked what that had to do with the warranty they said pretty much tough who ever I talked with was a real smart ass.I heard about there customer relations WAS ALL TRUE and now because of them not rubber taping the slide roof is rotten.BEWARE OF KEYSTONE SHITTY BUILT AND THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.My next one is going to be a GRAND DESIGN!!!!!!
- john jackson, South Carolina

2021-09-07 2018 Keystone Outback 266RB View Listings

The unit is very nice, we love the floorplan and features. The only problem is things keep going wrong with it. The touch screen for the tongue jack leveling system failed just after a year. The power converter failed just after the two year warranty expired, the water heater never seemed to work on gas and by the time I discovered that it too was out of warranty. The toilet seemed to rock some since new, now the floor in the front and the left side are moving with it. I think it was not supported properly when it was built. Way too many things wrong and all happen just beyond warranty. Very disappointed for the price and "reputation" Outback and Keystone are supposed to have.
- Jerry Rogers, Michigan

2021-09-04 2022 Keystone Outback 32URL View Listings

The craftsman ship is very poor. It has been in service dept 3 months and they still refuse to repair roof the sheeting is not on trusses it is free standing it flops up and down have a nice lay out easy to pull as the head service man said it is the worst camper that has rolled out of the factory but still refuses to fix it
- Robert Malesker, Nebraska

2021-08-27 2021 Keystone Outback 32URL View Listings

Bought this camperfrom rich and son campers grand island nebr the top sales lady sold us the last one they had left. Guess what we got the reject from the storage lot it seemed the one we bought us still sitting in same place. Don't like to be scammed. The one I got has had one problem after another. They say they fixed slideouts from leaking, AC unit is to small to keep camper cool maintains 80 degrees on a 90 degree day,battery keeps going dead,blinds broke,one slide-out after adjustment was one inch off floor when out and cables were loose,roof had to be revealed, factory forgot,and factory knowing the cable doesn't work right refuses to make it right at factory makes dealership fix it, and the worst thing is the roof,the sheeting is not on any trusses it is free standing.dont be surprises factory refuses to fix. So I have a brand new camper that I cannot use they have had it in repair shop for 3 months from what I looked at they put a bandaid on it did not really fix anything I would not recommend buying a keystone camper not for sure what to do with this one they won't take it back,trade,or refund so it sits on the repair shop lot
- Robert Malesker, Nebraska

2021-08-13 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Absolutely love this Rv, it came with everything we were looking for. The design is farmhouse and has all the luxuries of home. The big windows allows you to see the lakes or views you traveling to see.
- Penny, Illinois

2021-07-08 2016 Keystone Outback 312BH View Listings

We love this travel trailer. It is roomy enough to walk around in when the slides are all the way in. super comfortable living areas when the slides are out. I love the privacy of having a door to the master suite instead of a curtain and the bonus of an actual door to the bunk area allows us to close off one area (maybe to gaming in the bunkroom) while we watch a movie in the living room area. It is much like a 2 bedroom apartment, albeit a small one. The outdoor kitchen is fantastic. I can cook and prep everything outside without having to make a mess inside. Another thing I like is having dual ACs. I can cool the master area to suit me and leave the rest of the RV at a different temperature or I can leave the master AC off and use just one AC for the whole thing. The only drawback is that I wish it had more storage areas that are large. There are lots of cabinets for small items. So many that I don't know what to put in most, but larger items usually get put in the back of my truck during travel.
- Mari Lopez, Virginia

2021-06-25 2019 Keystone Outback 240URS View Listings

Be warned! I bought this camper new so I wouldn't have to deal with someone else unseen problems and wanted a warranty. I liked the floor plan of this toy hauler and being that Keystone has been around for a long time I expected quality and customer satisfaction as they claim. I was wrong! 5 months after the 12 month warr. expired I noticed the wallpaper beneath the table side window peeling from the wall. It was obvious this was due to a window seal leak. This leak didn't happen and show up overnight. It had to be leaking for sometime, due to rain or washing, to get soaked enough to show up. I took it to the RV dealer and the experienced qualified Technician told me the leak was caused by the foam used to seal the window did not cover the window opening correctly. He personally told me the opening was about a pinky finger diameter. I called Keystone manufacturer and the woman stood by the 12 months warr. I had sent them the work order and have not heard back from them. Evidently their words such as 'Quality and 'customer satisfaction' are just words they use in their ads and do not stand by them. It's obvious the seal opening was missed at the factory, dealership and me. It wasn't anything I or the dealer could have prevented. It was just an unseen error that the factory won't warrant just after 5 month of the original warr. Other problems I've had were faulty wiring to the furnace, which was covered under factory warr. within a year, thread stitching coming apart on the sofa cushions, dining seat cushions sewn incorrectly, CD/DVD/Stereo system faulty which will be covered under extended warr. I purchased. Being retired I plan on buying another camper in the near future. I learned, now through experience, not to buy another Keystone camper. Their craftsmanship, quality and customer satisfaction isn't what they claim. ~jerry
- jerry white, Pennsylvania

2021-06-20 2012 Keystone Outback 280RS View Listings

We purchased our Keystone Outback 280rs used, and have owned it for 5 years now. We love this floor plan, and have used our trailer frequently. Easy to maintain, very comfortable, and we LOVE the extra "garage" space for big-kid toys, grill, dog kennels, etc. Highly recommend this model for family fun.
- Kevin Banister, Colorado

2021-05-08 2020 Keystone Outback 240URS View Listings

The RV is great...easy to tow..easy to hook up.cute barnwood look, sliding barn door closes toy hauler from main living..cold air, warm heat, big kitchen sink. Hook up for TV outside, in bunk room too. Looks very nice lit up at night. I'm building a house soon and just won't get to use it enough..needs a fun family that likes a place to take toys along...4 wheeler and such..you won't be disappointed with this.
- Angela K Hughes, Texas

2021-05-06 2018 Keystone Outback 312BH View Listings

I bought the Outback 312BH when my kids were in High School and we loved camping in it. Outdoor kitchen is great to have with refrigerator and sink and plenty of drawer and cabinet space which is very handy. I would recommend this RV to anyone due to the quality and craftsmanship. Ready to go camping and everything comes with the RV. Nothing to buy, just start camping.
- Alan Johnson, Texas

2021-05-03 2019 Keystone Outback 341RD View Listings

I have owned this for 6 months 3 of which it has been at the dealership fighting with the warranty to cover a dip in my floor by the kitchen sink, it is under full warranty and they covered 8 others defects e.g put in a new table, put in 6 screws where they only had one on each side of the pull out bed, new outside door, fixed the bathroom door, fixed the pull down blind and the electric pop up, and replaced my back drop in the kitchen, now all that was wrong and they say the drop in my kitchen floor is normal for a one year home. So they will not fix it. Do not buy this product they do not help new owners with the warranty and the dealership has told many a lies. You are better off going with another rv company than this one, I go to pick up my still not fixed brand new home with the promise that the floor is normal.......I am gutted as this WAS exactly what I was looking for in a home due to loosing my home from covid.......
- Jackie Carter, Utah

2021-05-03 2014 Keystone Outback 230RS View Listings

This has been a great unit for us. You get a 30 foot Rv in a 24’ towable. Half ton is very sufficient for towing. We’ve used the toy hauler garage to hall “stuff” for my wife’s antique mall booths but also enjoy the hailer space with its bunks as a separate bedroom for kids and grands. Bath is a bit tight but otherwise it’s a lot of camper with an easy tow.
- Mark George, South Carolina

2021-03-17 2020 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

this is a great rv to live full time in, lots of interior space, fireplace ,two seating areas. 3 slides make it very spacious inside. light aluminum steps that can be adjusted for uneven ground. having auto leveling is amazing and an out door kitchen with even more storage. Feels more like a small home than rv
- carla carpenter, Oregon

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Good floor plan with plenty of storage space , comfortable enough to live in for a month at a time. The bad ... trim pieces popping off everywhere, finding things that were not properly aligned during assembly, salesman was good, but now I realize he was full of crap like all salesman , service department only repairs a few things then tell me parts are back ordered and parts department orders parts that are not for my unit (dam dumb- I bought it new from them ) I had a keystone raptor toy hauler 3912 before and it was much better quality ) this one is shot together with an air nailer by a guy who smoked a fatty at break time- nowhere near the quality that keystone brags about and for their "made in the USA " - it comes with China tires, leaky faucet, trim falling off, refrigerator vent blew off first trip, roller shade quit, toilet leaked, TV switch box was defective, 1 awning had to be replaced (holes like it was sewed wrong then pulled out the stitches and moved) end panels in the cabinets came out ... all of this is within a 6 month period and 4 trips or about 6 weeks of vacation time. I don't know what brand would be better but I wish I had looked a little harder.
- Ed, Illinois

2021-01-04 2013 Keystone Outback 260FL View Listings

This has been a dream trailer. The floorplan is the best we've found for our needs (2 adults, no kids and we primarily dry camp in national parks). Sleeps 6. Plenty of storage including full width closet, under bed storage, and lots of outside storage space. Outside kitchen is a bonus. Build quality has met our expectations for a ttrailer in this range (this is our 4th trailer, so it's not our first rodeo). Easy towing with our Tundra and equalizing hitch.
- Terry Feinberg, California

2020-12-24 2012 Keystone Outback View Listings

Bought this trailer brand new. What a big mistake. In the first year we had to replace the main door, the regulator 4 times, the toilet twice. The shower leaked and it still leaked. Our bedroom floor would even be wet sometimes. That was never fixed until I decided to tear the rug off the wall. The pump was loose. Bought this from Tacoma RV. My husband was working so my dad went up with me. Tacoma RV treated me like a dummy because I’m a woman. They told me I didn’t know what I was talking about. They said I needed to do maintenance on the roof. I said the floor gets wet even when it doesn’t rain. I will never go there again. I even called Keystone and because it was a year old there was nothing they could do.
- Teri Serl, Washington

2020-11-15 2018 Keystone Outback 1800RB View Listings

Great rv for small family. Tows great. Can pull with an suv. Murphy bed is easy to use and very comfortable. Power awning is a nice addition. A/c works remarkably well. Fridge is good size. Bathroom is adequate. Overall a nice camper
- Mike Tenny, South Carolina

2020-10-24 2017 Keystone Outback 220URB View Listings

I own this trailer.. I have used it 2 times. It is a great trailer but my time to enjoy is very limited!
- Jeff Geyer, Georgia

2020-08-26 2020 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

I bought this trailer because of the open floorplan and amenities. Outdoor kitchen is great, has rack on back for more things like coolers etc, fireplace is great, has electric stabilizers and electric hitch, 2 propane tanks and two batteries
- carla carpenter, Oregon

2020-08-25 2005 Keystone Outback 25RSS View Listings

Very well designed and spacious travel trailer. Easy and light weight to tow and small enough to get into tight spots. But the two slide outs give it a big living area when you set up camp. Appliances work both electric and propane so you can hook up or live off the grid. Very pleased with this camper.
- Jason Ploss, Missouri

2020-08-22 2019 Keystone Outback 340BH View Listings

I have the 2019 Outback. Model 340BH. This is the worst camper I have ever owned. We have used it three times. We bought it brand new last August. We used it twice last year and once in July this year. Every day we used it the floor seemed to get worse. It felt like we were going to fall right through it. The day we got home we took it back to the dealership we bought it from. They contacted the manufacturer and they said ( long story short ) that it needs to go back to the manufacturer and be rebuilt. The manufacturer called me yesterday and told me the same thing. Cory from there customer service department called me. I told him I don’t want that camper back after they rebuild it. I don’t feel like it has a strong enough structural frame under it. They will only give me another one year warranty on it. I was on month away from my warranty ran out this time. What if it does the same thing just after my new warranty runs out. We paid $ 50,000 dollars for this. The first thing I noticed when hooking it up the trim above the living room slide out was popped out. When we got to the camp ground it rained one night and we had two roof leaks. One above the shower and one above the kitchen island. This is the worst camper I have ever owned. I want my money back
- Mark Albee, Iowa

2020-08-05 2018 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

RV was purchased Sept 2018, and leaked badly October 18. It was in the shop for 2 months to repair "fridge" slide leaks(no charge to us). Now again leaking badly from fridge slide, fully soaks the floor and carpets. Compartment under bedroom slide also leaks causing bedroom carpet to be wet. Trim fell down during travel and when we opened the slide, it broke the trim in half. This was a $40,000 camper and the workmanship is horrendous! I was excited to get automatic levelers but they do not work well either. The RV will go into the shop next week and we will see if Keystone will stand behind its product. If it does I will increase the rating on factory warranty/ support.
- Michael Axt, Pennsylvania