Keystone Outback Reviews on RV Insider (60)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Outback RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carrie marks from Alabama says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Outback 293UBH View Listings

We purchased to live in for a few months when we moved out of state for my husband's job. On first campground hook up, kitchen sink will not drain. After calling keystone and place we purchased multiple times, NO HELP. We have a warranty. VERY DISSATISFIED!!!
- Carrie marks, Alabama

2020-07-08 2019 Keystone Outback 340BH View Listings

Keystone does not stand behind shoddy workmanship. My shower is out of level and puddles near the entrance. Not a small puddle, sent them pics of the puddle and the base with a level showing out of level and low in the door area, they refused to honor warranty saying not manufacturer defect then please tell me what the heck it is!!!!.
- Dennis, New York

2020-06-29 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

I own a 2017 328RL and I simply think it is a class A Travel trailer bar none. I was thinking of trading in for a 2020 328RL and was extremely disappointed in the living room class that they have taken away. The wrap around curtains gave this trailer a touch of class. The blackout shades was a plus but without the curtains, the living room was just not there anymore. Lets in to much light on the ends of the windows, with less privacy. For that reason I kept my 2017 328RL. The other changes that was made, like the microwave placement was a plus for sure. I do like the way I can program to my phone the slide outs, as for some reason that is no more. The bedroom shelves at the end of the master is real nice. I could go on about all the great changes made for the good, but the class they took away from the living area just did nothing for me.
- Karl, Idaho

2020-06-16 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Review update from last post. Overall we still like our Outback Travel Trailer. Our dealer made the repairs to our refrigerator which turned out to be very minor, it actually was a simple reset button that went out due to overheating. We also have had a small leak on the toilet that is still leaking after 2 failed attempts by Camping World of Spartanburg. Also wanted to comment on the so called Furrion Updated Antenna System. It sucks! We’re lucky to get 1 or 2 channels with Clear skies. The old style Winegard crank up antenna on our old Rockwood fifth wheel was a much better antenna, we always got all local channels and a few more! I think the manufacturers that are installing these should go back to the old style. Happy Trails to you! Bill & Nancy Page , Easley SC
- William Page, South Carolina

2020-05-27 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

We purchased this Camper at Spartanburg SC Camping World after a 18 month problem ownership of Heartland Mallard 335. Love the layout of the interior and workmanship is very good for this price range. Here are my experiences so far after just 5 camping trips. On the 3rd trip in October 2019 of last year we woke up and the temp had dropped during the night and our furnace would not work! Could not be repaired, had to be replaced at dealership. 4th trip of 2020 this May 18. Prepped camper, everything seemed to be fine. Loaded clothes, turned on both refrigerators 2 days prior to ensure they were cooling properly then loaded them with food. As I said everything seemed fine. When I got prepared to leave all way well. Road trip was very short , less than 1 hour to lake. Got to lake , got camper set up outside, etc. Went inside was getting ready to enjoy our stay and low and behold 1 refrigerator full of food stuff was not cooling. Checked fuses power outside seemed fine. It would not switch back on. Big problem. Had to run purchase big cooler and ice, unloaded it and called in to dealership for service. Now we wait for results. No call back on day 3 so far. Will update later. Factory warranty so far at 4, waiting on results this issue!
- William Page III, South Carolina

2020-04-15 2014 Keystone Outback 298RE View Listings

QC not as evident as should be, seems all the indoor trim has come loose at one time or another. Slide out cables on 2 slides broke shortly after manufacturers warranty expired. Also inverter seems to overheat more rapidly than it should I would expect it to be rated to handle full load for extended times. Ours is a 2014 Outback TT
- Dennis Heflin, Indiana

2020-04-07 2020 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

Out last RV was a large toy hauler and we were looking for something that wasn't a toy hauler. We looked at a lot of 5th wheels but we instead ended up getting the outback 330rl. Pros. The 330rl is a large travel trailer with lots of inside room that has a well thought out floor plan and very comfortable . Lots of windows in living area to enjoy the views. Lots of inside storage. Has outside kitchen which was a plus. Has good outside storage with a pullout storage drawer in front. We did put a large lockable storage bin on the rear storage rack that was a perfect addition.(not to exceed 200# of wt.)It is light weight and a breeze to pull with our Ram 2500 Mega Cab with 5.9. Cons. Bathroom a bit small but will do. Would have been better with a queen size bed with room to walk around instead of a king with no room. On our first try it out trip all went well until we got home and discovered that the dining table had come unscrewed from the wall and was laying over next to the kitchen island. We called our fantastic dealer told them about the problem and the service manager wanted to get it in the shop within a couple of days. we live a few hours away so when I got there I was expecting to have to leave it. The service manager ask if I could hang around until he could look at it which was fine with me. Turns out that there is an aluminum brace behind the wall that the factory installers completely missed. After installing the table correctly and checking for any other issues I was on my way back home early afternoon. I did have a small problem with the auto leveling system but after a call to the dealer and within a few minuets a call from a BAL rep. my problem was solved over the phone in a short while. To sum it up we are very pleased with our outback and look forward to getting much use out of it. We are especially pleased with our dealer. We felt like we got a good price with everything we needed for use right away. (plus more) We didn't have to purchase anything extra like some others have said they had to. Best purchase experience on an RV that we have ever had.
- Jim Walker, Texas

2020-02-10 2012 Keystone Outback 301BQ View Listings

Sold the TT to a buyer from Ohio. Loved the Outback and will miss it. We really never had any serious issues, just newbie issues :) My next purchase is going to be a Jayco toy hauler only because Keystone doesn't have the set up I like or I'd definitely but another Keystone.
- Vilma Bonilla-Foote, Virginia

2020-01-14 2019 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

We researched and looked at RVs for over a year. We bought a 2019 Keystone Outback 330RL because of its size (almost 39’) and because we wanted something we could live in full time. It has a great floor plan, (island kitchen is my fav!), it’s roomy, comfortable, with a great outdoor kitchen. Has a huge wardrobe, king size bed (not a true king, but we found sheets to fit), quality awning and great steps. This RV can handle hard rain, high wind, and pretty much any weather condition. We have had zero problems with this RV. Although, we would not buy another RV from the dealership we purchased this RV. The dealer did not and refuses to provide our sprayer for our outside shower. We will likely have to buy the entire kit online. We quit our jobs and have been full timing just over four months! We love it and love our Keystone Outback! Happy travels and stay safe out there! ❤️
- Katharine Haley, Arizona

2019-11-25 2011 Keystone Outback 280RS View Listings

Nice open living area. Was easy to pull with F250. Front of camper has the door to drive in golf cart or motorcycle. Bed folds up out of the way when needed. King bed is a slide at the back of the camper with windows on each side.
- Kevin , Texas

2019-10-22 2017 Keystone Outback 322BH View Listings

Well after owning our 2017 Keystone Outback 322bh. Found out that the tub drain has been leaking on top of the gray tank and now the floor is soft. The dealer TAC RV located in Moyock NC isn’t helpful and I would never recommend them. The service is awful. Keystone won’t do anything and the dealer said the extend warranty doesn’t cover it, the extended warranty that they talked me into buying so that i would have no worries. They also forgot to put the rubber strip on top of the slide when we first purchased it, and we had a river running through the camper. The dealer was paid to replace all the trim and now that is all splitting. I know they didn’t replace anything. Also, not certain the soft spot in the floor didn’t come from 4” of water when it rained and they don’t want to be liable so they say it was the tub drain. I would not but a keystone product and certainly will never give TAC RV my business.
- Kevin Ayers , North Carolina

2019-09-16 2015 Keystone Outback 230TRS View Listings

Great RV. Problem is rear slide cables breaking or fraying 4 times in 3 years. The service department only replaces cables, they do not address issue with cable guides/bearings. Keystone only approves cable replacement, now out of warranty repairs are my issue. Neither Keystone or Garrick (dealer) are willing to step up and recognize something is wrong. I can only use rear slide for 4 to 5 openings/closings before cable breaks. After this repair I plan to not use camper and sell it in the spring. I will not be purchasing a keystone product as a replacement. Unsatisfied customer
- lee bower, Pennsylvania

2019-07-16 2018 Keystone Outback 335CG View Listings

Purchased fall 2018. Took it out 2 times close to home to work bugs out. RV port kept. First longer trip found multiple problems. Water pump, ac, oven, outdoor kitchen issues. Quality overall poor. Very disappointed especially for price. Have camped for over 20 years so not new to this.
- James, Illinois

2019-07-07 2012 Keystone Outback 277RL View Listings

We love the floor plan. Only two things we do not like is dinner is to large and vanity counter is to small. Love the bed room and closet. Great for long stays. Our 6th and so far the best. We had two fifth wheels and it is roomy with head space like them.
- Ralph Adams, Tennessee

2019-06-22 2011 Keystone Outback 312BH View Listings

Loved staying in this RV! Extremely comfortable and very roomy with TWO slide outs. The trailer is easy to pull with F150. The secondary, outdoor kitchen with extra fridge and two grills made sure that everyone in my family could have their own choice for dinner.
- Joy Gordon, Virginia

2019-05-21 2016 Keystone Outback 324CG View Listings

Tows straight with a 1500 pickup truck. Large amount of closets and cabinets for storage. Walk around King size bed,with a clothes closet and dresser.Toy garage in the front eliminates sway in the rear.Heated tanks an underbelly make this unit a four season camper.Computerized touch pad controls all the options including stabilize/leveling Jacks.enough sleeping and entertaining for friends and family.
- William L.Smith, New York

2019-05-17 2019 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

So far, this RV has been perfect. We paid much more for a very small Airstream and have had multiple problems. We bought the Keystone to park on the Texas coast and expected to spend a year or so getting the bugs worked out. We have been pleasantly surprised that everything works well and the unit is very comfortable. For a unit with 3 slides, 2 awnings, 2 refrigerators, auto-leveling, and lots of different lighting, 3 large tanks, etc., everything works! I know that’s a low standard to hit in the RV business, but we’ll take it. So far so good, and the trailer really is beautiful inside. The only improvements we would make: Larger shower and bathroom More outside storage Dinette sleeper that is really usable Warmer LED lighting Skylight in the bedroom So far, highly recommended!
- Scott Witt, Texas

2019-05-07 2014 Keystone Outback 300RB View Listings

My wife and I purchased our 2014 300rb used, but it has been fantastic the whole time I have owned it. We lived in it for 4 months in the new mexico winter.(2 adults, 1 baby, and 2 large dogs) The trailer is VERY roomy, great quality cabinets, great storage space, and is half ton towable!
- Chase, Alabama

2019-03-20 2017 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

We bought this rv brand new and from our 1st trip until now something has been broken. The workmanship was terrible, according to the repair man wrong struts and etc. was used at factory.We have had nothing but problems with this camper. As of right now picking it up from the repair shop furnace went bad and no warranty
- Danny Wilson , Alabama

2019-01-29 2018 Keystone Outback 324CG View Listings

Well overall trailer is ok, like others they seem to all be assembled to fast! I wish the factory would take orders. I should have made trip to look before buying. I went online and looked at all videos.Got trailer delivered, front wall inside trim is buckled, caulking on roof terrible. Slides squeek loud, dealer charged for "prep" ???. Had to lube all doors, locks and latches. Has no light switch at door, have to walk in center for switch panel,no lighs in storage compartment,front toy door have to have someone inside to hold ramp back to unlock latch, stereo sucks,stairs flimzy, was supposed to have all led exterior light,not, no heat duck in front compartment,front bunk matresses suck and should be wider, no ladder.I had to turn electrical plug to hook cord in, hits bumper. The good, love auto level,roomy, easy to tow, lots of storage, think im using it 1 year and looking for something different. For the money ot should be top notch. Sure I'm forgetting something!
- George Kalcheff, Virginia

2019-01-13 2014 Keystone Outback 310TB View Listings

Very roomy and comfortable. Big bedroom, nice for changing clothes, making bed. Kitchen and living area is open layout, lots of room for friends and family. The outside range is great for cooking on when it is too hot to cook inside! Outside shower is great for kids and pets. There is an outside hook-up available for a gas BBQ or portable fire for great evening ambience.
- Wendy LeGare, British Columbia

2018-07-08 2011 Keystone Outback 332FK View Listings

Poor Quality this is the poorest & shoddest quality of any RV manufacturer of which we have owned. Very poor insulation, viberation cracks and stress failures. We will not own another Keystone products.
- Dennis Duell, Ohio

2018-06-20 2018 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Slides leaked, they replaced the rubber seals and the first trip after I picked it up... it leaked again. Overall quality is bad, short in wiring, USB port didn’t work, refrigerator made a noise and the self level stopped working on the 2nd trip. It looks nice, but they are not a quality trailer.
- Ron Morgan , Texas

2018-06-13 2010 Keystone Outback 310BH View Listings

The Keystone Outback is a great light weight RV. Very comfortable. Enjoyed many trips with our family. Easy set up and take down. The two slides make it very roomy. The storage is good and adequate.
- Barbara Boyd, North Carolina

2018-04-11 2010 Keystone Outback 321FRL View Listings

This RV has been great for me and my wife. We're both retired now and want to spoil ourselves with a new RV, something smaller in size and length. Everything about this 5th wheel is great, tows excellent and opens up with the three slides like a mini apartment. Very comfortable with the open floor plan. Never has been out of state. Used it locally twice a year. Large pass thru storage compartment, two 6V Lifeline batteries that together put out 12V. Brand new tires and overall in great condition. Everything in this trailer is in good working order.
- Robert Aguilar, California