Keystone Outback Reviews on RV Insider (75)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Outback RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Carrie marks from Alabama says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Outback 293UBH View Listings

We purchased to live in for a few months when we moved out of state for my husband's job. On first campground hook up, kitchen sink will not drain. After calling keystone and place we purchased multiple times, NO HELP. We have a warranty. VERY DISSATISFIED!!!
- Carrie marks, Alabama

2021-05-08 2020 Keystone Outback 240URS View Listings

The RV is great...easy to tow..easy to hook up.cute barnwood look, sliding barn door closes toy hauler from main living..cold air, warm heat, big kitchen sink. Hook up for TV outside, in bunk room too. Looks very nice lit up at night. I'm building a house soon and just won't get to use it enough..needs a fun family that likes a place to take toys along...4 wheeler and such..you won't be disappointed with this.
- Angela K Hughes, Texas

2021-05-06 2018 Keystone Outback 312BH View Listings

I bought the Outback 312BH when my kids were in High School and we loved camping in it. Outdoor kitchen is great to have with refrigerator and sink and plenty of drawer and cabinet space which is very handy. I would recommend this RV to anyone due to the quality and craftsmanship. Ready to go camping and everything comes with the RV. Nothing to buy, just start camping.
- Alan Johnson, Texas

2021-05-03 2019 Keystone Outback 341RD View Listings

I have owned this for 6 months 3 of which it has been at the dealership fighting with the warranty to cover a dip in my floor by the kitchen sink, it is under full warranty and they covered 8 others defects e.g put in a new table, put in 6 screws where they only had one on each side of the pull out bed, new outside door, fixed the bathroom door, fixed the pull down blind and the electric pop up, and replaced my back drop in the kitchen, now all that was wrong and they say the drop in my kitchen floor is normal for a one year home. So they will not fix it. Do not buy this product they do not help new owners with the warranty and the dealership has told many a lies. You are better off going with another rv company than this one, I go to pick up my still not fixed brand new home with the promise that the floor is normal.......I am gutted as this WAS exactly what I was looking for in a home due to loosing my home from covid.......
- Jackie Carter, Utah

2021-05-03 2014 Keystone Outback 230RS View Listings

This has been a great unit for us. You get a 30 foot Rv in a 24’ towable. Half ton is very sufficient for towing. We’ve used the toy hauler garage to hall “stuff” for my wife’s antique mall booths but also enjoy the hailer space with its bunks as a separate bedroom for kids and grands. Bath is a bit tight but otherwise it’s a lot of camper with an easy tow.
- Mark George, South Carolina

2021-03-17 2020 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

this is a great rv to live full time in, lots of interior space, fireplace ,two seating areas. 3 slides make it very spacious inside. light aluminum steps that can be adjusted for uneven ground. having auto leveling is amazing and an out door kitchen with even more storage. Feels more like a small home than rv
- carla carpenter, Oregon

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Good floor plan with plenty of storage space , comfortable enough to live in for a month at a time. The bad ... trim pieces popping off everywhere, finding things that were not properly aligned during assembly, salesman was good, but now I realize he was full of crap like all salesman , service department only repairs a few things then tell me parts are back ordered and parts department orders parts that are not for my unit (dam dumb- I bought it new from them ) I had a keystone raptor toy hauler 3912 before and it was much better quality ) this one is shot together with an air nailer by a guy who smoked a fatty at break time- nowhere near the quality that keystone brags about and for their "made in the USA " - it comes with China tires, leaky faucet, trim falling off, refrigerator vent blew off first trip, roller shade quit, toilet leaked, TV switch box was defective, 1 awning had to be replaced (holes like it was sewed wrong then pulled out the stitches and moved) end panels in the cabinets came out ... all of this is within a 6 month period and 4 trips or about 6 weeks of vacation time. I don't know what brand would be better but I wish I had looked a little harder.
- Ed, Illinois

2021-01-04 2013 Keystone Outback 260FL View Listings

This has been a dream trailer. The floorplan is the best we've found for our needs (2 adults, no kids and we primarily dry camp in national parks). Sleeps 6. Plenty of storage including full width closet, under bed storage, and lots of outside storage space. Outside kitchen is a bonus. Build quality has met our expectations for a ttrailer in this range (this is our 4th trailer, so it's not our first rodeo). Easy towing with our Tundra and equalizing hitch.
- Terry Feinberg, California

2020-11-15 2018 Keystone Outback 1800RB View Listings

Great rv for small family. Tows great. Can pull with an suv. Murphy bed is easy to use and very comfortable. Power awning is a nice addition. A/c works remarkably well. Fridge is good size. Bathroom is adequate. Overall a nice camper
- Mike Tenny, South Carolina

2020-10-24 2017 Keystone Outback 220URB View Listings

I own this trailer.. I have used it 2 times. It is a great trailer but my time to enjoy is very limited!
- Jeff Geyer, Georgia

2020-08-26 2020 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

I bought this trailer because of the open floorplan and amenities. Outdoor kitchen is great, has rack on back for more things like coolers etc, fireplace is great, has electric stabilizers and electric hitch, 2 propane tanks and two batteries
- carla carpenter, Oregon

2020-08-25 2005 Keystone Outback 25RSS View Listings

Very well designed and spacious travel trailer. Easy and light weight to tow and small enough to get into tight spots. But the two slide outs give it a big living area when you set up camp. Appliances work both electric and propane so you can hook up or live off the grid. Very pleased with this camper.
- Jason Ploss, Missouri

2020-08-22 2019 Keystone Outback 340BH View Listings

I have the 2019 Outback. Model 340BH. This is the worst camper I have ever owned. We have used it three times. We bought it brand new last August. We used it twice last year and once in July this year. Every day we used it the floor seemed to get worse. It felt like we were going to fall right through it. The day we got home we took it back to the dealership we bought it from. They contacted the manufacturer and they said ( long story short ) that it needs to go back to the manufacturer and be rebuilt. The manufacturer called me yesterday and told me the same thing. Cory from there customer service department called me. I told him I don’t want that camper back after they rebuild it. I don’t feel like it has a strong enough structural frame under it. They will only give me another one year warranty on it. I was on month away from my warranty ran out this time. What if it does the same thing just after my new warranty runs out. We paid $ 50,000 dollars for this. The first thing I noticed when hooking it up the trim above the living room slide out was popped out. When we got to the camp ground it rained one night and we had two roof leaks. One above the shower and one above the kitchen island. This is the worst camper I have ever owned. I want my money back
- Mark Albee, Iowa

2020-08-05 2018 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

RV was purchased Sept 2018, and leaked badly October 18. It was in the shop for 2 months to repair "fridge" slide leaks(no charge to us). Now again leaking badly from fridge slide, fully soaks the floor and carpets. Compartment under bedroom slide also leaks causing bedroom carpet to be wet. Trim fell down during travel and when we opened the slide, it broke the trim in half. This was a $40,000 camper and the workmanship is horrendous! I was excited to get automatic levelers but they do not work well either. The RV will go into the shop next week and we will see if Keystone will stand behind its product. If it does I will increase the rating on factory warranty/ support.
- Michael Axt, Pennsylvania

2020-08-01 2016 Keystone Outback 324CG View Listings

Leaks everywhere. They said they fixed it after 5 trips to the shop but it still leaks. Would NEVER buy another one ever. Floor plan great product sucks! We tried to get them to stand by the warranty as we bought it new but they did not
- Charles, Texas

2020-07-23 2019 Keystone Outback 340BH View Listings

keystone manufacture does not stand behind their shoddy workmanship my shower puddles near the sliding door and base is not level. the shower door also leaks. they claim its not a manufacture defect and refused to repair it. my recommendation is to buy another manufacture brand and stay away from keystone.if i knew how to post pics they would be here. i will be at the hersey show with a a large lemon on my 50000 dollar trailer.
- PONTPWRD, New York

2020-07-08 2019 Keystone Outback 340BH View Listings

Keystone does not stand behind shoddy workmanship. My shower is out of level and puddles near the entrance. Not a small puddle, sent them pics of the puddle and the base with a level showing out of level and low in the door area, they refused to honor warranty saying not manufacturer defect then please tell me what the heck it is!!!!.
- Dennis, New York

2020-06-29 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

I own a 2017 328RL and I simply think it is a class A Travel trailer bar none. I was thinking of trading in for a 2020 328RL and was extremely disappointed in the living room class that they have taken away. The wrap around curtains gave this trailer a touch of class. The blackout shades was a plus but without the curtains, the living room was just not there anymore. Lets in to much light on the ends of the windows, with less privacy. For that reason I kept my 2017 328RL. The other changes that was made, like the microwave placement was a plus for sure. I do like the way I can program to my phone the slide outs, as for some reason that is no more. The bedroom shelves at the end of the master is real nice. I could go on about all the great changes made for the good, but the class they took away from the living area just did nothing for me.
- Karl, Idaho

2020-06-16 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

Review update from last post. Overall we still like our Outback Travel Trailer. Our dealer made the repairs to our refrigerator which turned out to be very minor, it actually was a simple reset button that went out due to overheating. We also have had a small leak on the toilet that is still leaking after 2 failed attempts by Camping World of Spartanburg. Also wanted to comment on the so called Furrion Updated Antenna System. It sucks! We’re lucky to get 1 or 2 channels with Clear skies. The old style Winegard crank up antenna on our old Rockwood fifth wheel was a much better antenna, we always got all local channels and a few more! I think the manufacturers that are installing these should go back to the old style. Happy Trails to you! Bill & Nancy Page , Easley SC
- William Page, South Carolina

2020-05-27 2020 Keystone Outback 328RL View Listings

We purchased this Camper at Spartanburg SC Camping World after a 18 month problem ownership of Heartland Mallard 335. Love the layout of the interior and workmanship is very good for this price range. Here are my experiences so far after just 5 camping trips. On the 3rd trip in October 2019 of last year we woke up and the temp had dropped during the night and our furnace would not work! Could not be repaired, had to be replaced at dealership. 4th trip of 2020 this May 18. Prepped camper, everything seemed to be fine. Loaded clothes, turned on both refrigerators 2 days prior to ensure they were cooling properly then loaded them with food. As I said everything seemed fine. When I got prepared to leave all way well. Road trip was very short , less than 1 hour to lake. Got to lake , got camper set up outside, etc. Went inside was getting ready to enjoy our stay and low and behold 1 refrigerator full of food stuff was not cooling. Checked fuses power outside seemed fine. It would not switch back on. Big problem. Had to run purchase big cooler and ice, unloaded it and called in to dealership for service. Now we wait for results. No call back on day 3 so far. Will update later. Factory warranty so far at 4, waiting on results this issue!
- William Page III, South Carolina

2020-04-15 2014 Keystone Outback 298RE View Listings

QC not as evident as should be, seems all the indoor trim has come loose at one time or another. Slide out cables on 2 slides broke shortly after manufacturers warranty expired. Also inverter seems to overheat more rapidly than it should I would expect it to be rated to handle full load for extended times. Ours is a 2014 Outback TT
- Dennis Heflin, Indiana

2020-04-07 2020 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

Out last RV was a large toy hauler and we were looking for something that wasn't a toy hauler. We looked at a lot of 5th wheels but we instead ended up getting the outback 330rl. Pros. The 330rl is a large travel trailer with lots of inside room that has a well thought out floor plan and very comfortable . Lots of windows in living area to enjoy the views. Lots of inside storage. Has outside kitchen which was a plus. Has good outside storage with a pullout storage drawer in front. We did put a large lockable storage bin on the rear storage rack that was a perfect addition.(not to exceed 200# of wt.)It is light weight and a breeze to pull with our Ram 2500 Mega Cab with 5.9. Cons. Bathroom a bit small but will do. Would have been better with a queen size bed with room to walk around instead of a king with no room. On our first try it out trip all went well until we got home and discovered that the dining table had come unscrewed from the wall and was laying over next to the kitchen island. We called our fantastic dealer told them about the problem and the service manager wanted to get it in the shop within a couple of days. we live a few hours away so when I got there I was expecting to have to leave it. The service manager ask if I could hang around until he could look at it which was fine with me. Turns out that there is an aluminum brace behind the wall that the factory installers completely missed. After installing the table correctly and checking for any other issues I was on my way back home early afternoon. I did have a small problem with the auto leveling system but after a call to the dealer and within a few minuets a call from a BAL rep. my problem was solved over the phone in a short while. To sum it up we are very pleased with our outback and look forward to getting much use out of it. We are especially pleased with our dealer. We felt like we got a good price with everything we needed for use right away. (plus more) We didn't have to purchase anything extra like some others have said they had to. Best purchase experience on an RV that we have ever had.
- Jim Walker, Texas

2020-02-10 2012 Keystone Outback 301BQ View Listings

Sold the TT to a buyer from Ohio. Loved the Outback and will miss it. We really never had any serious issues, just newbie issues :) My next purchase is going to be a Jayco toy hauler only because Keystone doesn't have the set up I like or I'd definitely but another Keystone.
- Vilma Bonilla-Foote, Virginia

2020-01-14 2019 Keystone Outback 330RL View Listings

We researched and looked at RVs for over a year. We bought a 2019 Keystone Outback 330RL because of its size (almost 39’) and because we wanted something we could live in full time. It has a great floor plan, (island kitchen is my fav!), it’s roomy, comfortable, with a great outdoor kitchen. Has a huge wardrobe, king size bed (not a true king, but we found sheets to fit), quality awning and great steps. This RV can handle hard rain, high wind, and pretty much any weather condition. We have had zero problems with this RV. Although, we would not buy another RV from the dealership we purchased this RV. The dealer did not and refuses to provide our sprayer for our outside shower. We will likely have to buy the entire kit online. We quit our jobs and have been full timing just over four months! We love it and love our Keystone Outback! Happy travels and stay safe out there! ❤️
- Katharine Haley, Arizona

2019-11-25 2011 Keystone Outback 280RS View Listings

Nice open living area. Was easy to pull with F250. Front of camper has the door to drive in golf cart or motorcycle. Bed folds up out of the way when needed. King bed is a slide at the back of the camper with windows on each side.
- Kevin , Texas