Keystone Montana RVs Reviews (104)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Montana RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Keystone Montana RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2019-05-31 2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA View Listings

Best RV we've owned. Out of 7. Truck amazing! Also best out of 5, 2005,2012,ect. Purchased a park model in Fl. Truck gets 21 to 24 mpg. 11 to 13 mpg in tow. 5th has some decal erosion on one side, opposite door. Hitch comes with truck about 500.00 to 1000.00 value. Also tow package
- Ron Newcomb, Michigan

2019-05-30 2013 Keystone Montana 3900FB View Listings

Very comfortable to stay in. We stayed 6mos at a time. Only did this twice. Had to stop traveling because of health.Layout is wonderful, also it has a pantry and laundry pull out. The second bathroom is on the main floor, so no dirty feet going through the bedroom to main bath. Pulls like it isn't even hooked to the truck. Much space in the bays. Refrigerator and freezer bigger than most. Husband loves the fireplace. Comfy chairs and couch. Has electric leveling . Good shower, and great windows to see out of.Electric awning, 40 inch lcd tv. and 30 convection microwave. Hydraulic leveling. central vacuum King bed wonderful.Free standing dinette 4chairs. Air mattress under sofa. We liked everything in this rv. Had an Alpenlite for 10 years, no comparison.
- robin pate, Arizona

2019-05-27 2013 Keystone Montana 3900FB View Listings

Excellent rig! Spacious floor plan and 2 BATHROOMS! Super convenient when multiple people have to go haha The AUTO LEVEL is amazing and effortless. Design, fit, and finish is top-notch. I highly recommend it.
- John , California

2019-05-21 2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA View Listings

This is our 7th RV and the best we have had Currently May need a new AC. Checking out. Has a king bed, washer dryer, we have been living in for 5 years. Still smells like new. Good tires. New power recliners power. New microwave/convection oven
- Ron newcomb, Michigan

2019-05-19 2009 Keystone Montana 3150RL View Listings

Loved the 5th wheel but decided to retire in motor home. The living room has 2 slides so that makes very nice living area with built in TV that pulls out and can swivel. We replaced the chairs with the chairs with ottomans. The couch is pull out of bed has storage drawer. This unit has built in vacuum an we keep hose and attachments there, has ceiling fan and ac unit works well. Kitchen has “L” shape but open concept. The dining room has 4 chairs and chairs have storage under seat, also the table has drawer in end for storage. The refrigerator/freezer works well, lots of storage! One step opens up so yo can put a basket for dirty clothes. Bedroom has hookup for w/D, we have shelves there so more storage! You really have to see this to appreciate it
- Evan Cross, Wyoming

2019-05-18 2011 Keystone Montana 3100RL View Listings

It was a joy to have over the 8 years I had it. Keystone did replace an axle, at their expense, when one of my tires wasn't wearing evenly. I had some inside slide room fascia come down in transit. I wasn't happy with the workmanship there. Other than that, I know why Montana was a #1 seller for so many years.
- Jeffrey Lee Busarow, Wisconsin

2019-05-13 2019 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Stabilizer pad on door entry side is only a quarter of an inch from the tire / retracted!!! Does not seem to be a concern from Keystone!!!!! Any person can see that this is an accident waiting to happen!!! The CEO needs to know that his products are being released with great risks of liability on Keystone as far as risk to lives of people traveling with this unit!!!!! We saw another identical unit as ours and this stabilizer is in a completely different location , looks much safer than ours!!!! Still waiting for response from Keystone!!!!!
- Stephen Andryshak , South Carolina

2019-04-22 2013 Keystone Montana 3150RL View Listings

2 years after purchase we noticed roof staples coming up through the TPO rubber membrane. Keystone was contact in which we were told that the TPO rubber roof is very durable and the staple issue was not a concern. One year later the staples were protruding further up into the roof membrane and again we contacted Keystone and again were told the same thing as before but were advised to take the coach to one of there authorized service/ repair facilities which we did. The repair facility did confirm there was an issue with the roof as stipulated needing immediate repair. Photos were sent to Keystone and the repair was completely. Keystone then decided to deny the claim stating our coach was out of warranty, therefore not covered. The total expenses were now on us. We tried to appeal to keystone and even contacted “RV solutions “ through “Trailer life Magazine “ in which Keystone refused to reply and continued to ignore any additional contact not only with the magazine but with the repair facility. The other issue was storage cupboard shelves collapsing do to poor assembly workmanship and cheap materials used. We will NEVER purchase another Keystone product and have shared our experience with all who ask us about our coach.
- Dean C, Idaho

2019-04-14 2018 Keystone Montana 3730FL View Listings

Having a front living room is a big advantage over the standard bedroom that you see in the front of most fifth wheels. I love the fact that it seats 8 people in a cozy atmosphere and that both sofas make into beds. The pop-up TV allows you to see out the large front window when the TV is not in use, and I really love the fireplace. Another great feature that some fifth wheels don't have is the gas/electric refrigerator. Many models have electric only, and if the power goes out or if you want to dry camp, your refrigerator doesn't work. I bought it brand new, and I lived by myself in this fifth wheel for 10 months and have now moved into a house.
- NANCY RUMBURG, Nevada

2019-04-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3811MS View Listings

We were full timers for a while and traveled and lived in this trailer. It has all the comforts of home except a dishwasher. We are selling ours because my husband is partly disabled and can no longer manage the set up.
- Susan Phillips , Texas

2019-04-10 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

Horrible, buy something else. Trust me, they are made so cheap now you dont want them. There are so many better options for an rv now. You pay mid range price for this but get low end build. Buy a jayco,redwood landmark or something like that.
- Johnny Robinson , Florida

2019-04-01 2017 Keystone Montana 381TH View Listings

This is by far the worst investment of my life. After 1 year I still have 22 issues that have not been fixed. And 7 times in service. 27 days unpaid in hotels. Black tanks smell like an open swerve. When dumping they vapor lock and back up. Leaving bathroom unusable. Smell unbelievable. Open sewer. Garage underneath bedroom bed. U can see daylight all along headboard. Bugs/ heat/cold and not available to put gas or anything like it in garage. Spiders and ants in bedroom. Convert quite working on first time we moved. Lost everything in freezer and left us stranded. New converter and batteries in August of 2018. January of 2019 could not pull in awaning. Had to jump start batterys. Cost to me 344.00 after only 6 months. Half of shades don't work. 6 times in service still don't work. No one gives a shit. Daylight under Windows. Needs caulking on all Windows. Once again I live in unit full time. More cost to me. Stove top missing screws so lifting to cook is extremely difficult. 6 times not fixed. Hot water heater is leaking. Nothing done. No towel or toliet paper holder. 6 times still don't have. Recliner has always been screwd. Crooked and will laydown. It is totally screw. Outside cabinets miss or looses weather stripping. Bedroom side broken letting in bugs and hot / cold and rain. Carpet has been wet 5 times. Kitchen has taken water from slide and plumbing. Bedroom has taken water from rain. Don't buy anything from keystones nor RV Station Donna. It's been a year and six times in service.
- Lisa Wofford, Texas

2019-02-22 2019 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Montana 3791RD last July with the intent of living in it at least 6 months each year. Since we purchased it we have been plagued with defects. Water leak, furniture not bolted down, AC units working in correctly or not at all, furnace has stopped working, closets will not close and the wood finish is coming off of several surfaces. I guess I wouldn't be too upset if we had purchased a cheaper model, but this thing is suppose to be "top of the line". Now I am 1000 miles away from my dealership and the closest dealer says it might be 2 months because of their back log so we are forced to pay for a mobile repair man to fix it so at least we have heat and AC. "My advice to anyone considering buying one is, don't do it!" These things are very poor quality over priced units.
- Alan Gentles, Missouri

2019-02-21 2017 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

My wife and I lived and traveled in this 5th wheel for about 1 1/2 years. We "full-timed" it, i.e. this was our only home. We started out in a Class C motor coach, but when we saw this 5th wheel RV we immediately traded our motor coach for this one. It has 400 square feet of living space, huge storage bays underneath, a sitting area that seats 6 people very comfortably, a kitchen nook that seats 4, a great kitchen with double sink, residential refrigerator, big pantry, stove, oven, and a microwave with convection feature. The bathroom provides ample space, and the bedroom has a king-size bed. We then added an RV QG 5500 LP Onan generator and a solar panel. This means that the unit always has power, independent of where you are. We also added a whasher/dryer unit to be independent of laundromats. We absolutely love this RV, but we settled down and can't travel as much any more. So it is time to let somebody else enjoy this gorgeous vehicle.
- Lothar Lendero, Washington

2019-02-01 2019 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Absolutely a terrible RV supposed to be the best 17 years running that just means they sold the most it doesn’t mean they’re the best I’m on my second one and it’s in the shop with 55 different problems one being the heat the furnace went out would not stay ignited the manufacturer kept playing games with me and what have you the water pipe centered at freezing on one of these real cold nights blew my water pump out all kinds of problems and the factory doesn’t care about the customer one bit once they get you down the road and off the dealership parking lot you’re screwed take your hard-earned money and go buy something From a dealer that sells heartland RV’s. Don’t buy anything from any of the lines produced by Keystone RV manufacturing of Goshen Indiana. Absolutely terrible company terrible crash when ship all the way through the process my unit is built like a total piece of junk been safety inspected and everything and still a total piece of junk I’ve been without it for a month now almost and this is the fourth time trying to get things fixed with it and you wouldn’t believe the things that they’re telling me oh we don’t see a problem with that are this that me other terrible company go somewhere else your money I’ll spend just as well elsewhere.
- Mike , Missouri

2019-01-24 2015 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

I have owned many campers in my lifetime, but, this Montana was by far the best one I've traveled/camped in for so many reasons. My wife picked this one out because of the enormous size and I was skeptical, at first. But, after traveling to Alaska this past summer I can't imagine having done so in anything less than our forty foot Montana. It was an awesome trip! This fifth wheel has it all and is the perfect size for retirees who like to stay on the go and see the states. This camper is a joy to pull, easy to setup with the automatic leveling system and turns heads in every campground when I pull in and leave out. The floor plan is well thought out and I love my roomy bathroom. I am a pretty big fella and don't have a single issue with the height and space. My wife can prepare meals in a flash in the galley kitchen and can really stock a good deal of groceries in the pantry as well as the extra large residential size refrigerator and freezer. When we unhook and pull away, the fridge automatically switches over to propane so I never have to worry about food staying cold. We do enjoy sitting in our luxury recliners while watching a movie in front of our fireplace, as we travel a lot in cooler weather as well as summer. If you are considering a luxury RV, don't pass up a look see at the MONTANA 3720RL model. You'll be impressed!
- Cecil, South Carolina

2019-01-15 2018 Keystone Montana 3920FB View Listings

We bought this 5th back in June of 2018 and immediately started to have some issues. We worked close with [dealer] and Key stone customer support to get the issues resolved so we could now enjoy this unit. We love the floor plan and the trailer and are looking to many years of enjoyment here.
- Gregg Washburn, Georgia

2019-01-08 2013 Keystone Montana 3150RL View Listings

Although we like our particular "Montana 3150RL" very much, we have experienced very poor factory warrantee coverage in which our TPO roof was experiencing staples coming up through the membrane from the sub roof structure. Two years after the original purchase we began noticing signs of staples attempting to poke through the rubber roof. We contacted "Keystone RV" expressing our roof concerns and were told that it wasn't an issue do to the durability of the rubber TPO roof. The next year it got much worse and we again contacted "Keystone RV" and sent them photos. "Keystones" recommended we have the issue investigated by one of "their authorized service dealers" which we did. Once at the the dealership, it was determined that the original factory sub roof staples used, we're too short and therefore popping up through the rubber roof membrane. The dealership stated they would make the needed repairs and submit their findings and repair justification to "Keystone" for warrantee coverage. During the repair time frame, the damages caused by the faulty staples, photos of the roof damages including the invoice were submitted to "Keystone." Our claim was then denied by "Keystone" stating that our 5th wheel was out of warrantee and therefore not covered. "How convenient on "Keystone's" part" and a substantial expense out of our wallet. Consequently, we've bought our last "keystone" product, and will continue to voice our product experience with all who ask us about our "Montana" coach during our travels.
- Dean C., Idaho

2018-12-23 2014 Keystone Montana 3100RL View Listings

We upgaded to this 35' from a 25' camper. What an amazing difference. The kitchen area with the movable island was very convenient for cooking. Love the large sinks and the convertible counter space. Bedroom is spacious with plenty of hanging, drawer and storage space. Shower is great and living and dining area easily accommodate 4 people.
- Linda Gast, Missouri

2018-12-09 2019 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

We are recently retired and go to south Texas for the winter. This year we went out on a limb and spent a lot of money for a fifth wheel large enough to live in comfortably. Our choice was a Montana because of posted reviews...big mistake. Since July we have had nothing but problems. A/C units not working correctly, water lines leaking, back splash falling off, couches not bolted together, closet doors that will not slide, clothes pole that was so cheap it bent and fell off while towing and now a water leak coming from somewhere by one of the slide outs. In short this thing is an over priced piece of junk! When I called Keystone the representative told me "thats why the trailers have a 1 year warrenty". What they don't realize is that this is our home in the winter so we can't just drop it off at a local dealer so they can put it on the lot and tell us parts are ordered. Very disappointed!
- Alan Gentles, Missouri

2018-10-31 2017 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

It's of great quality and a great floor plan. I love it,but just don't have the time to use it like I want. It has all the things you need to live in it,except the washer and dryer. But it has a hook up for it.
- Lois Blackstock, North Carolina

2018-10-19 2013 Keystone Montana 3900FB View Listings

This RV is loaded and well made. The huge master bathroom is a wonderful thing featuring two separate sinks. The extra bathroom downstairs is a great plus for this rig. The walk around island is a good idea. The refrigerator/freezer hold a ton of food. The storage room in the belly is phenomenal. The winter package and dual lanes windows keep this unit warm at night.
- Keith F Patterson, Idaho

2018-09-11 2018 Keystone Montana 3560RL View Listings

Very disappointed. LED crown moulding over slide fell off, closet pole fell down & broke. Had to rebuild closet since paneling was bulging. Closet pole wall anchor was plastic & broke. Trim on closet came off, inside closet door latch was on top in back & had to move to floor. Pantry shelves flimsy & have to replace. Fender skirt on one side not aligned properly. This is after owning for a few weeks!!
- DAN GROTH, Minnesota

2018-09-03 2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL View Listings

Luxury everywhere, Auto Leveling is a dream, Huge amount of living space, The layout is awesome, Space for washer and Dryer, Heat Pump, Automatic Antenna, Large New TV ,Fireplace, Builtin Vaccum,LG Frig, New Loveseat Recliner Automatic Awning,
- Jerry, Washington