Keystone Montana RVs Reviews (124)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Montana RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Have you owned any Keystone Montana RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2019-10-03 2019 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

We have had nothing but issues since the day we bought it. We were promised the RV on a certain date and never received it until about 2 to 3 months after the date we were supposed to receive it. We have had it in the shop longer than we have used it. We just got it out of the shop a couple of days ago and the warranty is over there is a leak on the roof and the Light strip on top is missing, this is on top of the 37 issues It has been in the shop for since we bought it. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone it’s a nightmare.
- Loni, Minnesota

2019-09-11 2014 Keystone Montana 3155RL View Listings

This 5th wheel camper is a great one to have. It is very livable and well furnished. The only reason it is for sale is declining health. It travels down the road without any problem. It is a 4 season camper so it can furnish a vacation anywhere.
- Shirley Martin, Tennessee

2019-08-26 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

We absolutely loved the floor plan but have many performance issues that are disappointing, especially since these were known problems and Camping World was unable to address during the warranty period. The air conditioning on this unit is poor. When it's 95 out, the best cooling we can get it maybe 85-87 degrees inside. The dealer said after 2 visits that everything was great, but threw a new thermostat in just to say they did something. We've now learned that this whisper quiet duct system collapses and is a common issue. Nothing wrong with the Dometic units - they work fine. The ducts are collapsed so not enough air can be moved. They advertise this as a unit that can be lived in up to 100 degrees. That is true if you don't mind it being 88-90 inside with both A/C units running full blast. Keystone also apparently tried to save some money on wiring and shared the circuit between the fridge and the front powered roof exhaust. So when you turn on the roof fan, the fridge faults and turns off. The only fix is obviously running a completely new circuit for the roof vent or fridge. Since I'm now out of warranty, I guess we're on our own. We've had the usual trim pieces that fall off, especially in the dinette area. The wheel housing plastic trim looses 1/2 the screws every 500 miles or so. Finally gave up on having them stay in and used sealant to fix. I supposed a lot of this is normal RV stuff, but knowing this now, I wouldn't pay the premium price for the alleged top of the line Montana. I won't go into the sealant job on the roof - there was no attempt to make it look like it was applied by someone who cared. It's all over the membrane, but the good news is it doesn't leak.
- Craig Allen, Utah

2019-08-18 2011 Keystone Montana 3455SA View Listings

We full timed it for 2 years in our Montana. My wife loved the kitchen. The high ceiling and opposing slide-outs in the living room area really gives it a spacious feel. Great storage inside and out. Nice solid hickory cabinetry and Corian surfaces throughout gives a quality feel. Comfortable bedroom and bath make living in the rig easy, and I'm 6'4". Tows well, parks easily. A great rig for full timing or snow birding.
- paulruth_100@yahoo.com, Oregon

2019-08-13 2013 Keystone Montana 3150RL View Listings

Overall, we find this fifth wheel met our needs quite accurately. For just two people it is very liveable. Our situation with sometimes having a third person with us has made the desire for a different floor plan our reason for selling. There is plenty of storage for two people, especially if you do not full time. We have traveled in it for two months at a time and found it to meet all our needs. For two people we found the layout quite good. Furniture quality is our only complaint. As 2nd owners we have experienced no major issues. We enjoy the extra space the three slide outs give us.
- Candace Jones, Iowa

2019-07-22 2019 Keystone Montana 3930FB View Listings

We have had the 5th wheel since November of 2018. We purchased it after many months of looking at all the other brands that are in the same class. We purchased the Montana over the Solitude because of the available RV king size bed and the room in the bedroom. Overall it has been very reliable with the exception of the night shades, sliding door in the bathroom, front AC, and the dump valves in the pass through on the left side. First we received a recall within a month for the disc brakes. I called the dealer and they said I was not on the recall. After explaining I got the letter they scheduled an appointment. A week prior they called and asked about the parts. I assumed they ordered them it they did not. After another few weeks they came in an I scheduled the appointment. Took it in and they fixed it after four hours. Now I scheduled the other warranty work. Two of the night shades do not retract and one completely broke (not a big deal). Fired up the front AC for the first time over the first summer and it sounds like something is stuck in the motor. You would think that this would have been addressed at the factory. After my trailer sat for two weeks under cover I got it out and camped. When I went to dump I found the grey tank cable rusted and would not pull out. It is great that the system is centrally located but water get in it when you use the black flush system. The cables should have a grease fitting so they will not rust. Last the half bath sinks is not usable. The faucet is so low and close to the sink toy can’t use it. I purchased a $30 replacement and it is awesome. You would think Montana (Keystone) would have done this before. I would have take a pre and post picture but I was in a hurry for our big trip to Banff, Ca. Most of these are small issues but for the price you would think the AC, faucet, and door would have been corrected at the factory. The layout is by far the best in the class. It also tows very smooth and stable.
- Andy, Washington

2019-07-20 2019 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

We like overall floor plan. Cabinet would have expected more on the Montana. First day out slides were stuck have way out needed road service leaving jacks would not come up slides will not come in road service again.after many calls figure it out it was 50 amp breaker . Outside tv did not work stairs broke rear fender wall separated mind you this is a brand new unit not impressed with the Montana.
- Don B, Massachusetts

2019-07-17 2016 Keystone Montana 3721RL View Listings

We lived in it for a year and a half.Loved it. The bed was king size. The fridge was huge. The leather recliners and sofa were very comfortable. We loved the layout it's exactly what we were looking for.
- Natalie Pike, Texas

2019-07-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

So disappointed in our purchase of a brand new unit. Thought we were buying one of the best designs within our budget, but we were so wrong. I have only worked on it or have had service work on it since we have owned it brand new. It all started with hydraulics, 5hen heater, then slide out module, batteries, electric recliners, and on and on . We paid over 50,000.00 for this to only pour thousands into it and have it worked on every time we get it out of garage. Yes we have it inside always when we are not using it. It has been the worst thing we have done. We have only used it a month out of the two years we have owned it, and of course warrantee was out the first year. I’m fearful of getting it out at all anymore because every time we do it’s another bill to pay because something has gone wrong. It’s a sad thing any more when you can’t get quality things for hard earned money!! If I could return it I would by now but we keep telling ourselves it will get better but it hasn’t. I hope that providing this review that who ever reads it will truly consider buying another brand. This is the second Rv we have owned. We owned a cheaper brand of rv for 13 years before this one and never had the problems we have had in this one. Don’t get me wrong, the floor plan on this model is best we have seen, we love it, but quality of products in the building and stocking of it are cheap.
- Gary jones, Oklahoma

2019-07-10 2016 Keystone Montana 3100RL View Listings

Loved the design and quality of this 5th wheel. Very easy to hook up and tow with the hydraulic auto leveling jacks. Tows great and easy to back into the site. Being 35ft we can usually find sites, even in the state parks. Lots of storage to accommodate all the toys, and very roomy with lots of kitchen space. Love sitting in the recliner by the rear picture window, especially if there's a view of the water. Leveling is great after years cranking down jacks, and having 6 jacks makes it verh stable. The large 4 door refrigerator means you can stock up and not have to worry about where to go for supplies. The fireplace keeps the whole 5th wheel cozy except for really cold nights which saves on the propane. Really love this 5th wheel, and hate to see it go, but hopefully a new owner can enjoy it just as much and make lots of great memories of their own.
- Rod Fisher , Kentucky

2019-07-06 2016 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

Perfect for full time living or travel with this 4 season package! This floor plan gives the feeling of separate space like a house. The design provides much more storage space underneath that passes through for easy access from either side.
- Kim Boytos, Florida

2019-06-25 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

I have waited 7 years to purchase a Montana and it has been a total disappointment as to the quality of the unit. I have had several leaks in the unit. The slides keep jumping of the track. I have had the refrigerator replaced. The furniture is pealing and I only used the recliner twice and on the third time the handle came off in my hand. The cabinet doors keep opening while traveling and when I open the slide it gets caught and breaks. Overall a big disappointment on this unit and I wish I had bought a different unit from another manufacturer cause all Keystone says is sorry your out of warranty and are no help to me. For me I purchased the unit June 2017 and it was out of warranty before I purchased it. For them to put inferior furniture in what they call a luxury unit and does not last but 3 years before falling apart in not very good. I will never purchase any unit from this company and steer others away from them.
- Tommy Assad, Georgia

2019-06-25 2018 Keystone Montana 3701LK View Listings

There is no quality control. We purchased our RV 9 months ago- a brand new 2018 Keystone Montana 3701LK. In the 9 months we've had this RV, the furnace went out completely, the black tank cable broke, the tanks froze in the winter even with the tank heaters on, one of the ceiling vent fans broke, the a/c went out completely, the slide outs slide out about 4” while driving down the road (SO DANGEROUS!), the outside panel siding of the RV slid down while driving because they didn't put the screws in and it was held up only by silicone (also, so dangerous!), the ice maker has never worked, the televisions are refurbished TVs from Best Buy in our “brand new” RV, the electric went out for days because the one accessible GFCI was wired backwards, there were wood shavings, metal shavings, and loose screws left in the floor vents that I discovered during my first deep cleaning. All of this and Keystone has done nothing to assist despite multiple calls. They sent me an email saying to go buy some 2x4s to keep the slides in while we travel and wait for service to be available. They refuse to assist in a timely manner. What was originally planned as a cross-country adventure as we move from Virginia to Arizona has turned into a nightmare and we are staying at a hotel now out of pocket because it’s so hot out and the a/c is broken. Keystone will not reimburse the cost even though the average wait to have it fixed is 6-8 weeks. I strongly urge you to shop another brand so you don’t end up in a similar position.
- Lisa Federline, Virginia

2019-06-19 2018 Keystone Montana 3560RL View Listings

I have had many of the problems other Montana owners have listed. The fifth wheel has been in the shop twice since we purchased from Camping World in Boise last fall. The service department at Boise has taken care of every problem and even found issues I wasn’t aware of and fixed them also (all under warranty). I’ve read about the issues with Camping World. The Boise store is great!
- Robert Wagner, Idaho

2019-06-17 2018 Keystone Montana 3931FB View Listings

I have had a ton of small issues that I have fixed on my own but 2 major issues that seems Keystone and the dealer wants to ignore even though the camper is less then a year old. First i have a spider web cracks in the shower floor 2nd I have a spider web crack on the rear cap of the camper Right above the rear glass both are under warrenty but the claimed was turned down .
- David Purser, Tennessee

2019-06-16 2019 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

Big mistake buying this rv June 2018. We also have had nothing but problems; compartments leaking, slides leaking, doorknobs that keep splitting, decals coming off and now sliding closet doors that don’t open right (it appears that that frame is twisted). Also manufacturing issues that seem be resolved, quality control? We camper about 8 times a year but plans to use as retirement home. We’ve had to return to the dealer almost every time we return from camping. We loved this camper when we saw it but regret buying it ever day. For the price paid, we feel like it will be junk before it’s paid off. If anyone is interested in Montana 3791rd, you should really think twice. I don’t recommend buying one at all. Keystone should be embarrassed by this product.
- Howard Diehl, New York

2019-06-13 2006 Keystone Montana 2955RL View Listings

This was the first 5th wheel we had ever purchased. The dealer we purchased it from gave us lessons in how to hook-up, park, back up, and set-up. But, it was much different when we had to do it ourselves. We found that after becoming frustrated with the directions we we giving each other we, purchased a set of walkie-talkies, and life became much easier. Towing our 5th wheel was really easy. It handled well. If there was an issue, it was usually something I did. Like hit the steps on a curb while trying to pull in to get gas. Or forget to unplug the 5th wheel from the truck before trying to move the truck. We really enjoyed the trips we made in our 5th wheel, and for the most part, we had very few issues. We have purchased a newer, smaller 5th wheel now that the kids are grown. We plan to travel, just the two of us and see and to the things we enjoy. Our Montana was the perfect RV for many years, but now it is time to down-size and enjoy our retirement.
- Howard Behrns, California

2019-05-31 2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA View Listings

Best RV we've owned. Out of 7. Truck amazing! Also best out of 5, 2005,2012,ect. Purchased a park model in Fl. Truck gets 21 to 24 mpg. 11 to 13 mpg in tow. 5th has some decal erosion on one side, opposite door. Hitch comes with truck about 500.00 to 1000.00 value. Also tow package
- Ron Newcomb, Michigan

2019-05-30 2013 Keystone Montana 3900FB View Listings

Very comfortable to stay in. We stayed 6mos at a time. Only did this twice. Had to stop traveling because of health.Layout is wonderful, also it has a pantry and laundry pull out. The second bathroom is on the main floor, so no dirty feet going through the bedroom to main bath. Pulls like it isn't even hooked to the truck. Much space in the bays. Refrigerator and freezer bigger than most. Husband loves the fireplace. Comfy chairs and couch. Has electric leveling . Good shower, and great windows to see out of.Electric awning, 40 inch lcd tv. and 30 convection microwave. Hydraulic leveling. central vacuum King bed wonderful.Free standing dinette 4chairs. Air mattress under sofa. We liked everything in this rv. Had an Alpenlite for 10 years, no comparison.
- robin pate, Arizona

2019-05-27 2013 Keystone Montana 3900FB View Listings

Excellent rig! Spacious floor plan and 2 BATHROOMS! Super convenient when multiple people have to go haha The AUTO LEVEL is amazing and effortless. Design, fit, and finish is top-notch. I highly recommend it.
- John , California

2019-05-21 2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA View Listings

This is our 7th RV and the best we have had Currently May need a new AC. Checking out. Has a king bed, washer dryer, we have been living in for 5 years. Still smells like new. Good tires. New power recliners power. New microwave/convection oven
- Ron newcomb, Michigan

2019-05-19 2009 Keystone Montana 3150RL View Listings

Loved the 5th wheel but decided to retire in motor home. The living room has 2 slides so that makes very nice living area with built in TV that pulls out and can swivel. We replaced the chairs with the chairs with ottomans. The couch is pull out of bed has storage drawer. This unit has built in vacuum an we keep hose and attachments there, has ceiling fan and ac unit works well. Kitchen has “L” shape but open concept. The dining room has 4 chairs and chairs have storage under seat, also the table has drawer in end for storage. The refrigerator/freezer works well, lots of storage! One step opens up so yo can put a basket for dirty clothes. Bedroom has hookup for w/D, we have shelves there so more storage! You really have to see this to appreciate it
- Evan Cross, Wyoming

2019-05-18 2011 Keystone Montana 3100RL View Listings

It was a joy to have over the 8 years I had it. Keystone did replace an axle, at their expense, when one of my tires wasn't wearing evenly. I had some inside slide room fascia come down in transit. I wasn't happy with the workmanship there. Other than that, I know why Montana was a #1 seller for so many years.
- Jeffrey Lee Busarow, Wisconsin

2019-05-13 2019 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Stabilizer pad on door entry side is only a quarter of an inch from the tire / retracted!!! Does not seem to be a concern from Keystone!!!!! Any person can see that this is an accident waiting to happen!!! The CEO needs to know that his products are being released with great risks of liability on Keystone as far as risk to lives of people traveling with this unit!!!!! We saw another identical unit as ours and this stabilizer is in a completely different location , looks much safer than ours!!!! Still waiting for response from Keystone!!!!!
- Stephen Andryshak , South Carolina