Keystone Montana

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Montana RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-07-21 2020 Keystone Montana 3740FK View Listings

We purchased the 5th wheel August 2020. Everytime we take a trip something breaks. The first problem was the fireplace didn't work. The front door and screen door was not level and was replaced. Table top was loose and had to replaced. Black tank flush spray did not work. There was a leak from hose under bathroom sink. Ceiling fan was making clicking noise. Loveseat beds were missing bolts and nuts in the legs. In January the wall between the sink and the fridge came loose and was letting in cold air. When we returned from Texas in March we turn the 5th wheel in because the kitchen slide would not work. There was a broken board in the wall. The cap had to be removed to fix this manufacture breakage. The dealership had it from March 22 thru May 24. We picked it up and had a trip to New Mexico where the sound stopped working on th TV set. We returned and TV was ordered on June 1st. We went camping for 5 days in June. We returned on June 18th and dropped off to have TV replaced. Told dealership the kitchen slide was very slow and loud when pulling in or out. A bulge has been discovered and dealership has been working with warranty for over a month. I am very disappointed with this 5th wheel.
- Carol or James Adams, Kansas

2021-07-09 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

Keystone installed the 2 air conditioners incorrectly which caused extensive damage and they don’t want to pay for the damage. DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE..RUN. Their products are junk and do not stand up at all and they do not care that they sell you garbage
- Audrey Dubay, Washington

2021-07-05 2019 Keystone Montana 3120RL View Listings

Spacious with 3 pop outs but only 35 ft long so you can fit into almost any park. Easy to pull yet has all the convenient options. Very nice Plenty of storage space underneath and hookups are all together. Auto leveling for easy hookup and drop off.
- Nate, Florida

2021-06-14 2019 Keystone Montana 3120RL View Listings

This is our second Montana. The first was a 2005 5th wheel. It was excellent. Decided to get a new one in 2019 and get ready for retirement. Our 2019 3120RL has been a real headache. Overall manufacturing quality is very poor. Unpainted corners on kitchen island and bathroom medicine cabinet, large pieces of extra material on window coverings, cabinet doors needing longer screws so they don’t fall off the hinges, rusty screws in shower door slide, have to vacuum saw dust up from floors and counter tops after each trip (front storage compartment too). We had to replace flooring in the living area and bedroom because of damage from slides (and it returned after being fixed), replaced a 50 amp fuse while traveling across country, had to replace the batteries (shot), fixed several dents and scraps from manufacturing. Waiting for Keystone to approve warranty repairs took months. The rubber around the slides leaves black marks every time we open them up (tired of cleaning that). The waste hose holder didn’t last - lid wouldn’t stay shut (new waste hose). Overall quality of materials is much lower than our older Montana. I worked in manufacturing for 40 years and understand the need to reduce costs every step of the way, but never to sacrifice quality. Keystone failed to do that. We are not happy campers. Especially after the cost to purchase.
- Kelly Sutton, Idaho

2021-06-12 2015 Keystone Montana 3402RL View Listings

This coach has met or exceeded our expectations. The layout works well for us and we find it very comfortable. As long as you pay attention to the regular maintenance and follow those requirements it will serve you well.
- Paul Staffieri, Oregon

2021-06-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3730FL View Listings

We used the RV when on the road working. It was like a small apartment had everything we needed. We loved the front living room since we found the upper bedroom was to hot for our sleeping likes. We would still be living in the rv if we had not moved to Washington to work and live with our daughter. We had the washer dryer installed for convienence. It washes small loads but I really didnt want to go to laundry mats.
- Virginia Offield, Washington

2021-06-05 2006 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

Love our 5th wheel - only issue so far we could not deal with ourselves was the a/c had to be replaced but warranty covered. Also own 2021 Thor Toy Hauler Motorhome - 6 months now. Love the set up but so many problems!
- Michael Moore, Georgia

2021-04-21 2020 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Should have left it at dealership. Crown molding had fallen off from factory delivery. Mouldings fell off and bent fan in first 200 miles. Outlets were not secured and moved when used. Dining area black shade fell off in first 200 miles, faucet handles pealed in a month.ac still blows white dust throughout living g room after running all summer. Rear of trailer, fiberglass cracked around window and waiting for new wall to be installed. Opened up the after getting it back from service and the slide had sliced open the floor. I crawled under the slide and can see 3 screws sticking out of the floor. It is going in to get the rear wall and floor repaired in a week. Camping World will have its hands full with that project. It takes way to long for approval and repair. When I responded to a corporate thank you, they weren't interested. I was told to go to my sales Dealership. My Cougar was built way better. Never Montana again. It will probably fall apart if it we took on a trip. It has only traveled to and from the dealer to a camp site.
- Michael Harmon, Maine

2021-04-20 2016 Keystone Montana 3721RL View Listings

This RV has all the Comforts king size bed washer and dryer with top-loading washer works great water softener on board due to weather we have lost power several times I have backup power on-board generator it has a convection microwave which makes baking things really easy without having to use the big oven. It has a full size refrigerator with an ice maker so you can buy a lot of groceries and stalcup has a full size pantry
- Marsha Lynne Rutherford, Texas

2021-03-25 2017 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

Great RV for any family. Easy towing, perfect size for camp spots , mechanically sound, with it being four seasons stays cool in summer and warm in the winter without running your units to death. Would recommend to family and friends.
- TA, Georgia

2021-03-09 2020 Keystone Montana 3931FB View Listings

BIG REGRET! The floor plan and layout was the main reason I initially decided to upgrade to this camper. Within the first 3 months after I pulled it brand new off the lot, I had a hydraulic fluid leak, and this was the first of MANY issues. Within the first year, I had a j-panel come completely loose, the lighting on the front end cap came loose, a cabinet crack during a long haul across country. An awning came off track with no exposure to any wind gusts. The trim came loose in several locations. A hose under the kitchen sink leaks. There's a water leak into the basement. And the kicker was the furnace quit working during the coldest day of the year and since the heat pump works in sync with the furnace, I had not significant heat source to keep warm. For something that's supposedly made to haul across country and rated for year round living, the price is not worth the shoddy quality of manufacturing.
- Monica Manning, Tennessee

2021-03-09 2015 Keystone Montana 3582RL View Listings

This 5th wheel has a very livable floorplan with a ton of storage. Ideal for extended stay or shorter trips. The living area is so generous that workouts can be done indoors. The refrigerator is NOT on a slide out, but is located such that one can access it when traveling without opening a slide out. Also, has a desk for a laptop or to plan your travels. King bed is awesome.
- Dennis Batdorff, Ohio

2021-02-06 2013 Keystone Montana 3402RL View Listings

We have totally loved our 5th wheel. A few 2 to 6 month trips and a year long trip. Best floor plan..so comfy. Love the 6 pt auto level and in board vac. So much storage in floor to ceiling pantry and nice closet at door. 2 closets in bdrm, king bed, sink in bath AND bdrm, loved the 2 drawer desk and electric heat fireplace. Electric awning is so easy. Did have roof issue while under warranty (used staples) so Keystone did replace. Never any issues with this rig. But as we are mud 70s and health issues...time to sell.
- Bob , Colorado

2021-01-26 2015 Keystone Montana 3611RL View Listings

I love my 3611rl Montana. We had some issue but no different from any other fifth wheel on the market. No major problems, many compliments on the floor plan. Yes we had all our tank valves replaced. S
- Pam Swanson, Michigan

2021-01-14 2016 Keystone Montana 3911FB View Listings

We purchased this RV in February of 2020 from Camper Clinic II in Buda Tx. As the dealer was delivering it it blew out a tire and tore up the underside. The dealer didn't want to fix it and I had to go around the service mgnr to get it fixed in a timely manner. Service was backed up 4 months. We finally received it and have had nothing but problems every since. 2 service calls for the AC units, Propane regulator had to be replaced, Black water valve had to be replaced, Front door doesn't shut right, hinges are bent, Kitchen sink faucet leaks from handle, Fire place doesn't shut off, Toilet doesn't shut off and floods. Keystone doesn't offer a service dept. to help, their only response is to take it back to the dealer. Now we know why the dealer was backed up 4 months. Not how I planned to spend my retirement.
- Val, Texas

2021-01-02 2020 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Very well built, all the comforts of home, plenty of room, residential fridge, lots of storage inside and out. Fireplace, 2 large TV’s and entertainment system, reclining chairs with heat and massage, easy towing.
- Priscilla Butler, North Carolina

2021-01-02 2012 Keystone Montana 3100RL View Listings

This was our 2 nd Montana and the best upgrade was the hydraulic auto level sys. A few issues 1st year warranty promptly took care off. Never back to dealer until traded in last year for a 2019 model 3121rl. Three wk trip California and back,no issues. Only 2 items I replaced(myself) was ac unit(lost charge),and fireplace quit heating(ordered replacement element/fan module).from manufacture.l would mention we are not full timers and unit was stored under roof.
- Tom, Ohio

2020-12-28 2018 Keystone Montana 3730FL View Listings

Love the floor plan of this RV . So spacious. Abundance of cabinets and storage love the full size refrigerator. never had a problem with any. The fireplace in the living room makes it very cozy on cool evenings.
- LindA, Texas

2020-12-21 2020 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

In September 2020, I purchase a brand-new Keystone Montana 3720 5th wheel from Affinity RV in Prescott Arizona. The sales staff were very good and we agreed on a price. I was told that I could pickup the new RV in about 1 ½ weeks. I drove the 923 miles to Prescott from No. California. When I arrived, I was given the walk through and told that some parts were missing, that they would be ordered and then sent to me. I stayed the night at the dealership and noticed that the refrigerator would not cool, the cable tv switch did not work, ceiling fan did not work, and a couple of other minor issues. Lots of promises were made regarding parts and service. These all turned out to be lies. After returning home with the new unit, I attempted to contact Affinity to determine the status of my replacement parts. Calls went mostly unanswered. I left messages with never a returned call from service. I contacted my salesman numerous times, which usually resulted with a phone call from service with more lies about delays from the manufacturer (Keystone). I called keystone and they said that the parts had shipped and were delivered that day. I called back a week later and was told that the only way to get the parts to me was to remover and send my original parts to them and that I would have to pay to ship the replacements parts to me. I called Keystone again and complained. Then I received a call from Affinity Service telling me that they would send me the missing parts but not the replacement parts? I could come to Affinity, 925 miles one way, and the parts would be installed. I called and complained to my salesman again and then I received a call back from Chris in service telling me to sent in my parts and after receiving them they would send me the placement parts at my expense. I sent my parts to affinity around the 10th of November. They received them four days later. I included my mailing information, phone number, and instructions to call me for credit card information for the shipping. No response. I called a week later left a message. No Response! I contacted the salesman again, then received a call from Chris, saying that the parts would be taken to the parts department, they would contact me for credit card info. After one week, I called Affinity again, left a message, NO RESPONSE!!! I called parts a few days later. They said that did not have any information regarding any parts and that Chris was the only one that knew anything about it and he was off sick with Covid-19. I called a few more time and left messages, NO RESPONSE!!!!!, I left an email for the Sales Manager, detailing my frustration. I received a call the next morning. I was told that Chris was still of sick and that he was going to find out what was going on and that someone would call me. NO RESPONSE!!!. Today I called Affinity again, tried parts, message machine, called back, tried service, message machine, called back tried parts again, human answered, told that they would call me back. Guess what? NO RESPONSE!!!! I don’t know what to do?? Any Help would be appreciated. Thank You. David Van Denover
- davidvd2763, South Dakota

2020-11-27 2018 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

What a mistake! We bought this new after our house burned in a wildfire. We loved the floorplan, the ability to have a king size bed and a large shower.That's where the love stops. Within days the trim started falling off, cabinet doors fell off. The washer/dryer unit would not dry clothes. A few months later the microwave shorted out and the recliners sometimes worked sometimes they didn't. The bathroom door broke and wouldn't open or close easily so we took it off. The door was so heavy that the hardware couldn't hold it. When we moved it water poured out from under the kitchen. We don't want it, we can't sell it and we are thousands of dollars in the hole. I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone.
- Christine Taylor, California

2020-11-09 2017 Keystone Montana 293RK View Listings

Best Value for its weight and size. While its not a high end 5th wheel it is well built and designed with quality amenities. Wide open Floor Plan. The Trailer is very comfortable to pull and Easy to set up with the self Leveling system.
- Paul Lanning, Oregon

2020-10-20 2018 Keystone Montana 3701LK View Listings

The purchase of this Montana is our 9th RV but our first Montana. I let you know that so that it's known we are not strangers to the RV world. We were sold on this being the most quality you can buy in an RV for just under $100,000.00. Let me preface my review with this statement, we are not people that complain about things, in fact, we're those people that call the manager of a restaurant to our table to compliment a server that has done a good job. That being said, here it goes. We bought our 2018 Montana 3701LK new from Camping World in Myrtle Beach SC at which time it had been on their lot for 7 months. I wish I could say I was joking but literally 3 days after our purchase the nightmares began. Problems that I would've never imagined especially since it was moved only 3 miles to a local campground and that is where it stayed for the next 6 months while we lived in it as our home away from home while working out of town. Here's a short list from that 6 month stay. Central heat quit working, central air unit issues, water heater malfunction (that almost caused a fire), entry step issues, interior step material peeling, bugs getting in skylight in bathroom, light coming in through area of bedroom slide where it should be sealed, refrigerator leak (ice maker water supply line - not a huge deal but still), blinds not working properly, water dripping from one HVAC vent in LR ceiling during thunderstorms, rubber grommets on stove top knobs shredding, auto roof vents sticking, auto leveling ground jacks not holding stable and had to be re-adjusted about every 3 weeks, tile falling off of the wall, automatic leveling jack control unit not working properly, cab mirror completely faded, closet doors dragging, bearings falling out of drawer slides, cold air rushing in interior step vent during winter months (keep in mind, this unit has the polar package). This is a few of the things that went wrong. Let me continue by stating that we are non-smokers, in our 50's with no children or pets to conribute to any of these issues. I'll just be very candid here, as if having these these problems wasn't already bad enough, trying to compel Camping World and Keystone to take care of these issues was horrid at best. Both of these companies have the worst customer service I've ever experienced with anything I've ever purchased and I do mean ever. Now let's move on... My project in Myrtle Beach now complete,it's time to relocate to Hampton, VA. Keep in mind that we stayed in the camper for approximately 4 months for 4 days during the week then a hotel for 2 months while waiting for it to get out of the shop at Camping World. Finally it's ready, I back up under it, get out to lower it, dead battery from sitting in there yard. 3 hours later waiting for a jump everything is hooked up and down the road we go. Approximately 400 miles later, I get the Montana set up at it's new temporary home, walk in the door to start getting things powered up and to put the slides out only to find that when you pull a Montana 400 miles all of the crown mould at the ceiling will be laying in the floor, the trim around doors and entertainment centers will have gaps and the entry steps may or may not have issues again. Now everything is set up and we've been there for a week while battling with Camping World and Keystone to find out who is coming to put this crown mould back up (which never happens until I take care of it myself). Fall is upon us so there's getting to be a slight chill in the evening air so it's off to the thermostat to click that heater on, oops, not working again... Did I mention that Camping World and Keystone both should not be in business..!!! They make you feel as if you built the RV and your asking them to correct your mistakes. Horrible, horrible, horrible experience. My advice, stay away from this RV dealer and this manufacture unless you enjoy never ending issues with quality and being aggravated while trying to get issues taken care of. If I could give them both a zero star on the survey for customer service, quality of product and simple human decency it would be a double zero and even that rating may be too generous. As far as layout, we love the room and the rear kitchen. The slides could be larger, and the bedroom could be designed to have slightly more room... I only added this statement because I had to say something nice. Hope this review helps and keep in mind, if you decide to buy a Montana, once you sign that dotted line be prepared for a fight to the death getting any of your issues resolved, oh, and in the event they do decide to take care of a problem or two don't be in a rush to get it back either... Good luck and happy hunting... Unfortuntley signed, a very frustrated and dissatisfied customer, Todd M Stopher North Augusta, SC
- Todd Stopher, South Carolina

2020-10-04 2007 Keystone Montana 3075RL View Listings

We absolutely loved this RV and traveled the country with it. Everyone wanted to see inside once we parked since we had the new lightweight shutters put in. And once they saw how open and light everything was with the wood walls and ceiling, they were doubly impressed. Some asked where we got our ideas for the remodel as they had never seen one so nice! And everyone loved all the extra storage! Many thought we should go to the Montana and give our ideas directly to the builder for their new rigs. What great compliments!
- Lsdoughty, California

2020-10-03 2020 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We purchased our 2020 Keystone Montana in July 2020. We sold our home and became a full-time rv couple which we have planned for a while. The first night we moved into our brand new home, the problems started. The hydraulic motor went out that very day. We couldn't get it taken care of for 8 days. The blinds are literally falling apart and off the walls. Trim is falling off. The bedroom door doesn't even fit. It is smaller than the door frame. The bathroom floor is peeling up. The toilet lid fell off. The sofa bed is so tipped that we cannot use it to sleep on. A few days ago my husband was in the shower and heard and felt a huge boom and then heard a rush of water. The drain pipe somehow separated from the gray tank and now we cannot use the shower. This has been a nightmare and we are sick that we paid 70,000 for this piece of junk. We are hopefully getting some of these issues taken care of this week. The workmanship and quality of this 5th wheel is terrible!!
- brenda, Idaho