Keystone Montana Reviews on RV Insider (162)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Montana RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2020-10-20 2018 Keystone Montana 3701LK View Listings

The purchase of this Montana is our 9th RV but our first Montana. I let you know that so that it's known we are not strangers to the RV world. We were sold on this being the most quality you can buy in an RV for just under $100,000.00. Let me preface my review with this statement, we are not people that complain about things, in fact, we're those people that call the manager of a restaurant to our table to compliment a server that has done a good job. That being said, here it goes. We bought our 2018 Montana 3701LK new from Camping World in Myrtle Beach SC at which time it had been on their lot for 7 months. I wish I could say I was joking but literally 3 days after our purchase the nightmares began. Problems that I would've never imagined especially since it was moved only 3 miles to a local campground and that is where it stayed for the next 6 months while we lived in it as our home away from home while working out of town. Here's a short list from that 6 month stay. Central heat quit working, central air unit issues, water heater malfunction (that almost caused a fire), entry step issues, interior step material peeling, bugs getting in skylight in bathroom, light coming in through area of bedroom slide where it should be sealed, refrigerator leak (ice maker water supply line - not a huge deal but still), blinds not working properly, water dripping from one HVAC vent in LR ceiling during thunderstorms, rubber grommets on stove top knobs shredding, auto roof vents sticking, auto leveling ground jacks not holding stable and had to be re-adjusted about every 3 weeks, tile falling off of the wall, automatic leveling jack control unit not working properly, cab mirror completely faded, closet doors dragging, bearings falling out of drawer slides, cold air rushing in interior step vent during winter months (keep in mind, this unit has the polar package). This is a few of the things that went wrong. Let me continue by stating that we are non-smokers, in our 50's with no children or pets to conribute to any of these issues. I'll just be very candid here, as if having these these problems wasn't already bad enough, trying to compel Camping World and Keystone to take care of these issues was horrid at best. Both of these companies have the worst customer service I've ever experienced with anything I've ever purchased and I do mean ever. Now let's move on... My project in Myrtle Beach now complete,it's time to relocate to Hampton, VA. Keep in mind that we stayed in the camper for approximately 4 months for 4 days during the week then a hotel for 2 months while waiting for it to get out of the shop at Camping World. Finally it's ready, I back up under it, get out to lower it, dead battery from sitting in there yard. 3 hours later waiting for a jump everything is hooked up and down the road we go. Approximately 400 miles later, I get the Montana set up at it's new temporary home, walk in the door to start getting things powered up and to put the slides out only to find that when you pull a Montana 400 miles all of the crown mould at the ceiling will be laying in the floor, the trim around doors and entertainment centers will have gaps and the entry steps may or may not have issues again. Now everything is set up and we've been there for a week while battling with Camping World and Keystone to find out who is coming to put this crown mould back up (which never happens until I take care of it myself). Fall is upon us so there's getting to be a slight chill in the evening air so it's off to the thermostat to click that heater on, oops, not working again... Did I mention that Camping World and Keystone both should not be in business..!!! They make you feel as if you built the RV and your asking them to correct your mistakes. Horrible, horrible, horrible experience. My advice, stay away from this RV dealer and this manufacture unless you enjoy never ending issues with quality and being aggravated while trying to get issues taken care of. If I could give them both a zero star on the survey for customer service, quality of product and simple human decency it would be a double zero and even that rating may be too generous. As far as layout, we love the room and the rear kitchen. The slides could be larger, and the bedroom could be designed to have slightly more room... I only added this statement because I had to say something nice. Hope this review helps and keep in mind, if you decide to buy a Montana, once you sign that dotted line be prepared for a fight to the death getting any of your issues resolved, oh, and in the event they do decide to take care of a problem or two don't be in a rush to get it back either... Good luck and happy hunting... Unfortuntley signed, a very frustrated and dissatisfied customer, Todd M Stopher North Augusta, SC
- Todd Stopher, South Carolina

2020-10-04 2007 Keystone Montana 3075RL View Listings

We absolutely loved this RV and traveled the country with it. Everyone wanted to see inside once we parked since we had the new lightweight shutters put in. And once they saw how open and light everything was with the wood walls and ceiling, they were doubly impressed. Some asked where we got our ideas for the remodel as they had never seen one so nice! And everyone loved all the extra storage! Many thought we should go to the Montana and give our ideas directly to the builder for their new rigs. What great compliments!
- Lsdoughty, California

2020-10-03 2020 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We purchased our 2020 Keystone Montana in July 2020. We sold our home and became a full-time rv couple which we have planned for a while. The first night we moved into our brand new home, the problems started. The hydraulic motor went out that very day. We couldn't get it taken care of for 8 days. The blinds are literally falling apart and off the walls. Trim is falling off. The bedroom door doesn't even fit. It is smaller than the door frame. The bathroom floor is peeling up. The toilet lid fell off. The sofa bed is so tipped that we cannot use it to sleep on. A few days ago my husband was in the shower and heard and felt a huge boom and then heard a rush of water. The drain pipe somehow separated from the gray tank and now we cannot use the shower. This has been a nightmare and we are sick that we paid 70,000 for this piece of junk. We are hopefully getting some of these issues taken care of this week. The workmanship and quality of this 5th wheel is terrible!!
- brenda, Idaho

2020-09-12 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

Biggest waste of money Ever! Trash.. id rather burn my money than own anything this company builds or throws together.. should be a CRIME TO TAKE MONEY only to sell them garbage.. axles fall apart, slides are junk.. dont buy.. you have been warned..
- Frank b, Oregon

2020-08-28 2020 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

My husband and needed to have a lifestyle change and Decided to buy a 2020 keystone Montana High Country. It was very pretty. When it was time to get it they said that something in the air conditioner was recalled. Then I was bringing belongings into the camper and noticed the panels in the closet were Very damaged. Days later we found out there was structural damage. We were offered an upgrade at no extra cost which was nice to a Montana 3780rd. We put in a direct tv satellite $3500. We were told that it was completely wired for this. After we left and had direct tv come out, they said that the wiring was not correct and there were too many duplexes In the wiring. Also the dish wasn’t installed properly. This had to be completely rewired. The built in usb chargers were wired backwards, then the batteries wouldn’t charge. We found out that the cable from the power center to the battery was bad. They have to cut the underbelly out to replace this. I really don’t think that the manufacturer has qualified people building these rigs. I would not recommend the Montana to anyone. For 3 months now the problems haven’t stopped. I have made my complaints known to the dealership and Keystone. Keystone has no interest in compensation for all the time and trouble I have gone through. Do not buy a new keystone product
- Patricia Fontenay, Colorado

2020-08-24 2020 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

Brand new. Got 5/5/20. After 2 weekend trips, things fell apart. Crack in back door. TV cable broke, bent pulley. Big bolt popping up in kitchen floor. Refrigerator slide to low, put hole in floor tile. 12 inch crack in closet wall, ripples under 2 slides, Decal peeling Loose trim inside Loose trim outside LED strip light coming off. This is rediculous. Very poor workmanship. We spent more than planned, to get a better camper to last us. Getting ready to retire & travel. I cry every trip we make because something else breaks. Dealership is working on it. As far as warranty work, so far covered. IT SHOULD BE.
- Kathy, Missouri

2020-08-19 2018 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

We loved all the windows. Very easy towing. I use to have a pull behind. No sway with the 5th wheel. Lots of storage and the pull out tray in the under belly made easy access to items in the middle. Floor plan was very good for us and having a washer/dryer(stackable, not combo) made longer stays more convenient. Hate to have to dispose of it. Residential refrigerator made longer stays convenient without making several trips to the store. Great oven and microwave which is also an oven. Fantastic 5th wheel.
- David Robinson, Missouri

2020-08-17 2019 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

This unit is beautiful and high quality. It has incredible storage especially with the slide out storage compartment under the back living area. There is plenty of room in the interior and separate kitchen and Living room area.
- J stafford, Nevada

2020-08-12 2018 Keystone Montana 3921FB View Listings

Wow! My husband and I decided to downside and live in this 5th wheel, and if you're considering one, GET THIS ONE! This 5th wheel has been our pride and joy, and has proven to be the most reliable RV we have ever owned, and we have had quite a few in our lifetime. This particular model has this AMAZING bathtub, that I almost couldn't believe when I first saw it! I have absolutely zero complaints! HIGHLY recommend! Keystone Montana will ALWAYS be out GO TO choice for travel trailers!
- Ella Montgomery, Illinois

2020-08-10 2019 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

Like the livability of my unit but many issues to start the adventure. 3 moldings popped off. Frig was missing shelves for 1 door. Clothes rod fell down in closet. 2 windows were missing shades. 1 aftermarket slide cover will not roll up. Antenna snapped & not covered by warranty. All within 7 days of purchase. Manufacturer only says warranty requires unit be taken to an authorized dealer & left a minimum of 6 days. Not suitable for someone living full-time in their product.
- Mike McDowell, Tennessee

2020-08-06 2015 Keystone Montana 3611RL View Listings

this is another legacy package. We've had the rear axle bolts break, slide out constantly needs work, eats tires , mounding dall off, toilet not holding water, refer quit working, black water tank splitting leaving a hazard at the rv park, shower door handles falling off, hole in cap, waterheater not working on electricity, ceiling fan fell down, kitchen light fell down, ... Keystone said basically,kiss our butts, we got your money too bad you got a lemon.. Never buy any under the THOR BRAND..KEYSTONE, JAYCO,AIRSTREAM, KZ ETC.. BIGGEST HEARTACHE IN OUR LIVES..
- dan b, Nevada

2020-08-05 2020 Keystone Montana 3781RL View Listings

Loved the floor plan,wanted something to live and travel in, but in a couple of months the trim started falling down,from the heavy top rails to the light weight strips.The cheap bathroom faucets have tarnished. Strips of wallpaper coming loose. Controls are in a pantry cabinet,so the door has to be open to close slider and can be caught in slider and crushed. AC in living area does not cool well, oven does not keep temperature you have to stand by it and keep adjusting. Entry door very hard to open and close, and pops open during travel. Hand rail came loose, so does not help hold door closed. Keystone says oven is within normal parameters and AC is not supposed to cool more than 20° lower than outside temperature. If the temp gets over 100 outside the temp is high 80s to 90s inside. Dealer and Keystone think that's normal. Surely its not. Keystone and the dealer Tolliver RV sales only want to say the issues are normal and not take responsibility.
- Richard Johnson, Texas

2020-07-24 2006 Keystone Montana 3400RL View Listings

We have only used the RV three times since we’ve owned it. We love the fifth wheel, everything works well, great floor plan, lots of storage. It tows down the road easily with no problems. It’s comfortable for the two of us but now are retired and would like to upgrade to a Class C.
- Lana, Washington

2020-07-20 2018 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

We purchased this Montana from Camping World, a mistake and another story, and drove it 30 miles and set it up. We loved the floor plan, but things were never right. Smoke alarm in kitchen went of when cooking or making toast. It would not cool in the summer and we found out that some of the cutouts for the vents were never discarded and we're blocking airflow. The main air conditioner was not hooked up to the vents. We stayed about a week a month through the summer, packed up, and drove home. Within 30 miles, the driver's side bottom side panel released and was flapping in the breeze. Duct tapped in place for the rest of the drive home. On inspection, it was only held in place by 2 screws at the ends. This unit never cooled the best. On the next trip across northern Indiana and Ohio, the glass shower door shattered. The last straw was a weld breaking in the front and the sidewall separating at the seam by the front slide. You could stand in the kitchen and see the ground. We had a 2008 Keystone Everest and loved it. There is definitely a decrease in quality since then. We now own a Grand Design Solitude.
- Dennis Crouse, Illinois

2020-07-12 2019 Keystone Montana 3120RL View Listings

We purchased this camper in July 2019, we have owned several Keystone Sprinters and they were great. Since buying this Montana we have had the front hydrolic jack replaced, the closed door came off henge, the table, ceiling fan, cabnets have had to have screws put back in, the refrigerator door need repaired, the hot water heater stopped working on electric, and our back window that doesn't even open just fell out on the interstate in Colorado. We have only put around 2,000 miles on this camper and still have 1,300 to get home if it makes it. Wish we still had our Sprinter, never had any problems without. Maybe we just got a lemon.
- Richard Gragg, Ohio

2020-07-10 2007 Keystone Montana 34855A View Listings

We have thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful 5th wheel. It's livable space and floor plan was designed for comfort. It could be set up and used as a home for permanent living with many amenities already equipped in this 5th wheel.
- Janice , Oregon

2020-07-02 2019 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

We bought a new Montana 3820FK in 2017...after 7 years of being a 2006- we bought that one used in 2010. We had so many issues we had to finally contact an attorney and get a replacement from Keystone ..Lemon Law. No one could fix them.. They finally gave us a new one 3790RD 2019 (the old model was discontinued) and this model is so poorly built I regret ever haven chosen to purchase Montana again. Such a great experience with the old used model and nothing but disappointment with these 2 new models. 2017 3820FK -Owned for 2 years 1. Slides would come out on their own...on the freeway. Every 30 minutes. We tried to have that fixed 7 times through 2 different repair shops (dealer - Holland motors in San Marcos, Ca. and independent who was so much better but still couldn't fix it)before giving up and being pulled over by a police officer. That's when we contacted the attorney. 2. Slides wouldn't open when we got to our campground ..3 times. 3. Refrigerator stopped working 3 times 4. Hydraulics leaked 2019 3790RD -Owned for 1.5 years 1. Wood paneling inside the coach is peeling...Its contact paper- really??? On the doors and cabinets. Happening now.. 2. All of blinds have fallen off at least once off the ceiling hardware their guides and the pulls fell off the blinds as well. Fixed twice 3. Flooring is puckered and coming up. Fixed twice, happening again. 4. Cabinets have pulled apart where the Rear living meets the kitchen.. behind the recliners come out. Fixed twice - broken again 5. Closets and door hinges disconnect from their guides. 6. Dining table leans towards the floor. Not enough support. 7. Telescoping TV leans to one side, won't close properly. Just so poorly built. Makes us wish we had just kept the old 2006 Montana - we never had these quality issues with it and so disappointing after lemon lawing the second one. Montana/Keystone said they spent so much time quality checking before giving us this replacement. What a joke. Heidi
- Heidi, California

2020-06-29 2020 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Like the floor plan the problem is the dealership Lloyd Bridges traveland will not repair my RV when I picked it up November it said I had to make an appointment to fix some factory defects now it's been sitting in a lot 4/2 weeks and they still haven't touched it Lloyd Bridges never receive any of my business again and I doubt I'll buy another Montana
- Robert Hendricks , Michigan

2020-06-18 2018 Keystone Montana 3721RL View Listings

Have 2018 3121rl, floor plan not ad good as 2014 we had. It does tow better. Many problems, slippery leveling seldom works, a/c quit just out of warranty. Dining room window always down. Back up mirror faded. Not a good trailer for the $$$. Dealer support is a joke. My last rv.
- Gary Falkenberg, Texas

2020-06-16 2020 Keystone Montana 2021RL View Listings

Purchased 3121RL 5th wheel early March 2020. One 50 mile week end trip and it has been in the shop since (it is now mid June). Dinning area slide caused a rip in the floor and no, we did not have anything sitting on the slide. The Crown molding fell off - its heavy wood held in place with a few, very few, wood staples. No screws as should be used with something that heavy. The solar system that is supposed to keep the battery's charged when the unit is parked were wired through the main electrical shut off. Consequently when the main is off the battery's do not receive a charge and do slowly drain. It only took a week to go completely dead, so I suspect we have another issue. The dealer is standing up to the repairs but is having trouble with Keystone. There is probably more but as we have not been able to use the unit …… Greatly disappointed as we went with Montana's reputation which they no longer deserve.
- dave, Arizona

2020-06-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3811MS View Listings

2.2018 Bought 3.2018 water leak 3.2018 stove top broke 5.2018 Oven broke 5.2018 front fireplace broke 7.2018 awning fell off 8.2018 black tank valve jammed to dump 12.2019 chair broke 1.2019 tank level indicator display went out 2.2019 bathroom faucet broke 7.2019 rear Ac broke 6.2020 front ac broke Multiple other cosmetic Not as good as my 2006 Stay away.
- Tom Thorpe , North Carolina

2020-06-09 2012 Keystone Montana 3750FL View Listings

This RV has been a great RV for us. We are planning on traveling up north next winter and the Momtana is not a four season or we would keep it and go. It has almost new tires, about 1 1/2 years old but low milage. Unit is in great shape and clean. Have clear title on hand.
- Jack Cothran, Georgia

2020-06-05 2006 Keystone Montana 2955RL View Listings

Good RV for fulltime or part time living an camping. Has everything on it AC Freezeguard winterizing kit. Wire and frame for second A/C, ceiling fan, power vent fan w/rain senor, Onan 5500 generator, washer/dryer prep,central vacuum
- James Andrade, Colorado

2020-04-02 2018 Keystone Montana 3811MS View Listings

I'm so disgusted with this unit. Within the first year after purchasing this new unit, all interior doors were ruined. They wallpapered the doors - which looked nice when we bought it, but the glue let loose and the paper started falling off. Now a few months later, the paper in a couple other areas are coming loose. Two of the window shades also ended up on the floor. Keystone refuses to stand behind their product. Quality gets zero stars. Standing behind their product gets zero stars also. Beware!
- Faye , Minnesota